Pages : [1] 2

[S8] Regina
01-04-17, 04:36 PM
Arctic Fox Quest EVENT!

Requires level 17+ | Minimum game version is iOS 2.3+

http://imgur.com/P53Qiqk.png

Rynetory2
01-04-17, 06:29 PM
Arctic Fox Event Minimum level is 17 for participation. iOS. This is a Goal Event.
Have fun and enjoy your event! Rynetory2 :D

Please use Farm 2: Buy/Sell (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76146-Farm-2-Buy-Sell) thread for sale of event items.
Any buy/sell posts in this thread will be removed. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

You should get your Arctic Fox by completing the goals, as mentioned in event screen in Post 1. This event is similar to the Rescue the Kitty from the Tree event, i.e. fully upgrading your den will not get you the fox - completing your goals will.

For those who have fully upgraded your den, please continue with your goals to get your fox. You will be able to proceed and complete your goals unless you're stuck at Goal 2. Those who are stuck at Goal 2, please send me a private message and I'll get help for you.

Update:

Winter-Gro will now drop from Deliveries for members who upgraded their Evergreen Den to the max. Those who were stuck at Goal 2 would be able to proceed on. :)

Some events allow us to sell event parts/crafts and some events don't. This event does not let us do this.

Update:

Great news guys, the team considered our requests and ice picks can now be sold! :D

Update:

I have received news from the Community Manager about our request for event items to be made sellable. Unfortunately, they are unable to make the Winter-Gro and other Evergreen Den requirement items sellable during this event. For most of events in Farm Story 2, event items are unable to be sold during the duration of the event. The Ice Pick was changed for this event because it would be useless for players who did not purchase the Mystery Ice Block.

They appreciate your feedback and will let the team know.

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Event/Arctic%20Fox/IMG_2715_zpsxpggjycn.jpeg

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Getting Started
1. Get an Evergreen Den
2. Craft and collect upgrade items
3. Upgrade the Den to befriend the Arctic Fox

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently Asked Questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297316&viewfull=1#post1297316) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Goal 1 of 7: A Frosted Fox
Get an Evergreen Den x1
REWARDS: 110 coins, 10 xps

Goal 2 of 7:
Send deliveries x2
Get Winter-Gro from deliveries x2
REWARDS: 120 coins, 20 xps, 1 winter-gro

Goal 3 of 7:
Go Mining x1
Get Snow Shovels x3
Upgrade the Evergreen Den to Stage 2
REWARDS: 130 coins, 30 xps, 1 snow shovel

Goal 4 of 7:
Collect pine cones x4 (from sheep)
Get Snow Shovels x6
Upgrade the Evergreen Den to Stage 3
REWARDS: 140 coins, 40 xps, 1 pine cone

Goal 5 of 7:
Collect wild berries x3 (from apple trees)
Collect pine cones x13
Upgrade the Evergreen Den to Stage 4
REWARDS: 150 coins, 50 xps, 1 wild berry

Goal 6 of 7:
Get Fox Treats x6 (make in Bakery)
Collect Wild Berries x9
Upgrade the Evergreen Den to Stage 5
REWARDS: 160 coins, 60 xps, 1 fox treat

Goal 7 of 7:
Get Fox Plushies x6 (make in Studio)
Get Fox Treats x18
Upgrade the Evergreen Den to Stage 6
REWARDS: 170 coins, 70 xps, Arctic Fox

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Event/Arctic%20Fox/IMG_2710_zps4hiiamm6.jpeg

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Event/Arctic%20Fox/IMG_2712_zpsnskf3z0j.jpeg

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Event/Arctic%20Fox/IMG_2716_zpsmd5qniah.jpeg

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Event/Arctic%20Fox/IMG_2717_zpsh7e8evey.jpeg

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Event/Arctic%20Fox/IMG_2719_zpsveah3wss.jpeg

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Event/Arctic%20Fox/IMG_2721_zpseho1gouq.jpeg

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Event/Arctic%20Fox/IMG_2725_zpsojymzvmp.jpeg

Side Goal (optional)
Frozen Assets
Get a Mystery Ice Block x1
Pick at the Mystery Ice Block x3
REWARDS: 10 gems

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Event/Arctic%20Fox/IMG_2713_zpsgen1eryq.jpeg

Upgrade Information
There are altogether 6 stages.
Stage 1.
To upgrade to Stage 2 requires 9 winter-gro + 3 snow shovel

Snow shovel - 1 iron + 1 silver + 1 wood plank (craft in Studio for 2 hrs)
To upgrade to Stage 3 requires 15 winter-gro + 4 pine cone
To upgrade to Stage 4 requires 17 winter-gro + 13 pine cone + 3 wild berries
To upgrade to Stage 5 requires 28 winter-gro + 10 wild berries + 6 fox treats

Fox Treat - 4 flour + 1 white sugar + 1 apple pie (craft in Bakery for 1 hr 40 mins)
To upgrade to Stage 6 requires 31 winter-gro + 19 fox treats + 6 fox plushies

Fox Plushies - 12 wool + 2 iron + 2 silver (craft in Studio for 5 hrs)

To see which stage your event building is at, click on the it and a caption will appear at the bottom right of your screen. To upgrade your event building, click on it and click [Upgrade] button at the bottom of your screen.

Event Prizes
Arctic Fox
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost
Mystery Ice Block - Pick this with an Ice Pick (drop from deliveries) to win Evergreen Tree parts and more. Unlimited uses.

Drachenia
01-05-17, 04:58 PM
Hello, I have updated the Evergreen Tree. When I reach the limit, I mean, Evergreen Tree has been upgraded to the final stage?

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35243

mearro
01-05-17, 05:14 PM
The mining part is hmmm frustrating and ironic at the same time. So obviously now I cannot get silvers or irons, funnily all I'm getting are gold and rubies. I guess I should be happy, rubies are rare! :P

Btw, how many stages of the tree are there?

Lilliepaddd
01-05-17, 05:58 PM
I sold off my planks yesterday UGH smh lol

ankavale1000
01-05-17, 06:06 PM
so I bought the evergreen tree thing, but I would like to store it after the event is over. Can someone please let me know if I will be able to store it or somehow get rid of it after the event? Thank you.

Nevermind, I just stored the evergreen tree in the cellar. All is good.

mearro
01-05-17, 06:14 PM
Oh c'mon! Let us sell the ice picks, they are just taking barn space...

judyandthecat
01-05-17, 06:23 PM
That is the upgraded tree ....you still have to do the quests to get the Arctic fox pet.

The actual Arctic fox looks to me like it will live in the arctic igloo habitat by the picture in the first post.

Quest that has to be done
A Frosted Fox (1 of 7)

2 of 7
Send 2 plane deliveries
Get 2 winter-gro from deliveries

3 of 7
Go mining
Get 3 snow shovels (make them in the windmill)
Upgrade the evergreen den to stage 2

4 of 7
Collect 4 pine cones from sheep
Get 6 snow shovels (make them in the windmill)
Upgrade the evergreen den to stage 3

Recipe for shovels takes 2 hours
You can shorten this to 1 hour by buying a windmill boost.
1 plank
1 silver ore
1 iron ore

Varinamom
01-05-17, 06:44 PM
I just dragged over the evergreen tree and got a Pink balloon(costing gems )instead. I am so done with this game!

Rynetory2
01-05-17, 07:08 PM
Hello, I have updated the Evergreen Tree. When I reach the limit, I mean, Evergreen Tree has been upgraded to the final stage?

Yes you have reached the final stage and there's no further upgrade needed to be done.

cella1991
01-05-17, 07:17 PM
thanks Judy

Drachenia
01-05-17, 07:30 PM
Yes you have reached the final stage and there's no further upgrade needed to be done.

Oh, very nice, that pleases me. Thanks for your reply Rynetory :D

You're most welcome and Welcome to Farm Story 2! :D Rynetory2

Rynetory2
01-05-17, 07:58 PM
Posts discussing an earlier glitch in the game have been removed. I'm sorry that this incident happened and for those who missed out. :(

If you like to give feedback on this, please feel free to send me via private message (link in my signature) and I'll pass them to the team. Sorry it's against forum rules to discuss glitches so send your vent to me instead. Hope this will make you feel better. :)

sgr1953
01-05-17, 08:05 PM
Is the ice block really 150 gems? That's really pricy!

thesadlittlefarm
01-05-17, 08:34 PM

I agree! They are going to take up a lot of space if we can't get rid of them.

EmmaLedger95
01-05-17, 08:56 PM
Why are we getting ice picks if we didn't purchase the the Ice Block and how do we get rid of them. Do they serve any other purpose?

sgr1953
01-05-17, 09:38 PM
I've made 4 deliveries and haven't gotten a single ice pick. When do they start dropping?

HelloUncertainty
01-06-17, 12:38 AM
Here is goal 5.
Edit: Sorry about that guys, I made it so you can fully see it now. :)

https://s27.postimg.org/wulzc2j77/IMG_4571.png (https://postimg.org/image/gwd9lxoz3/)

theotty
01-06-17, 01:13 AM
oh c'mon! Let us sell the ice picks, they are just taking barn space...

can't agree more!!

casteletto
01-06-17, 02:09 AM

And we can't sell winter-gro either. More barn space wasted, since I've decided not to do this due to having far too few planks which seem to drop so rarely.

blubingo
01-06-17, 02:21 AM
I have a truck order that wants 21 iron, but iron is used for snow-shovels. Silly to request that many iron while an event is on also asking for it.

It's not letting me upgrade the tree, so don't think I'll bother with the snow-shovel, or participating. Now I have a ton of winter-gro and ice picks that I can't use or get rid of. It won't let me sell either item. frustrating

vinafarm2015
01-06-17, 03:07 AM
I need help TL. I got nothing from deliveries after my evergreen tree fully upgraded. Over hundreds of deliveries but not even 1 winter gro or ice pick from my airplane.

darkmornings
01-06-17, 03:11 AM
When it seemed I was getting a ton of picks from my deliveries, I went and purchased the ice block. Can someone please tell me if it will give me more than just miracal grow. I seem to have that coming out of my ears. It said upgrade parts which led me to believe there would be more than just one kind.

Also, is this many events back to back normal? I need to decide if I should be a little more picky before I rush into the next one.

cella1991
01-06-17, 03:41 AM
So those of us with fully upgraded trees will not be able to receive anything from deliveries nor be able to remove crafted items from the barn?

vinafarm2015
01-06-17, 03:51 AM
That is correct cella. No drop no task no pet for us . So so sad. My perfect farm is ruined. 😡😡😡😡

cassa666
01-06-17, 04:12 AM
Mine did the same thing. Now I have shovels and pine cones in storage. I can't sell them.

judafarm
01-06-17, 04:40 AM
How is this game working????
I had right away the limit of the evergreen tree...
What do I do now with the items from cheep and what i get from deliveries????
My barn get more and more full of these items...
Do I need to spent gems for this game that is not working????

Rynetory2
01-06-17, 04:51 AM
So those of us with fully upgraded trees will not be able to receive anything from deliveries nor be able to remove crafted items from the barn?

Some events allow us to sell event parts/crafts and some events don't. This event does not let us do this.

Rynetory2
01-06-17, 05:11 AM
I need help TL. I got nothing from deliveries after my evergreen tree fully upgraded. Over hundreds of deliveries but not even 1 winter gro or ice pick from my airplane.

That is correct cella. No drop no task no pet for us . So so sad. My perfect farm is ruined. ��������

What specific issue are you having or which goal are you having issue with? Please post in the Bugs forum or send me a private message and I'll help you further. You shouldnt be needing the tree upgrade parts once your tree is fully upgraded.

cella1991
01-06-17, 05:31 AM
Okay and what about buying an ice block that I can't do anything with

Rynetory2
01-06-17, 05:58 AM
How is this game working????
I had right away the limit of the evergreen tree...
What do I do now with the items from cheep and what i get from deliveries????
My barn get more and more full of these items...
Do I need to spent gems for this game that is not working????

I've replied you via private message.

LadyFencer
01-06-17, 06:28 AM
Also, is this many events back to back normal? I need to decide if I should be a little more picky before I rush into the next one.

Yes, events pretty much come one after the other now. S8 varies the type, but they are all usually time and resource consuming unless you have the money to buy gems and skip through the steps.

Rynetory2
01-06-17, 06:53 AM
2nd Reminder

If anyone has any feedback or issues relating to the Evergreen Den upgrade glitch, please send me a private message. Thanks.

Posts have been removed.

Posts discussing an earlier glitch in the game have been removed. I'm sorry that this incident happened and for those who missed out. :(

If you like to give feedback on this, please feel free to send me via private message (link in my signature) and I'll pass them to the team. Sorry it's against forum rules to discuss glitches so send your vent to me instead. Hope this will make you feel better. :)

lynard12
01-06-17, 07:11 AM
Ok what are the ways to get planks- deliveries, pet drops.... anything else??? Seems crazy to ask you to use a part that is so hard to get

diverDestiny
01-06-17, 07:12 AM
Please allow us to sell ice picks, winter glo, and shovels. The ice picks are taking barn room up. I need the space !

Rynetory2
01-06-17, 07:20 AM
Ok what are the ways to get planks- deliveries, pet drops.... anything else??? Seems crazy to ask you to use a part that is so hard to get

Fishing and mining. Not often but I got a rare one or two.

mearro
01-06-17, 07:39 AM
Fishing and mining. Not often but I got a rare one or two.

True, I got few planks from fishing and mining.

zash1
01-06-17, 08:02 AM
I totally agree 👍🏻 Have 28 ice picks so far taking up space in my barn

caron7
01-06-17, 08:27 AM

Also when you expand to a new land and chop down the existing tree you might find there.

caron7
01-06-17, 08:29 AM
I totally agree ���� Have 28 ice picks so far taking up space in my barn

Unfortunately, I made a batch of shovels overnight. DO NOT PICK UP SHOVELS AHEAD OF TIME. COLLECT ONLY WHEN TOLD TO!!! I picked up 7 and passed the goal for collect 3 shovels, but the other 4 did not count on the next goal!! Now they are stuck in my barn and can't be sold either!

Rynetory2
01-06-17, 09:18 AM
You should get your Arctic Fox by completing the goals, as mentioned in event screen in Post 1. This event is similar to the Rescue the Kitty from the Tree event, i.e. fully upgrading your den will not get you the fox - completing your goals will.

For those who have fully upgraded your den, please continue with your goals to get your fox. You will be able to proceed and complete your goals unless you're stuck at Goal 2. Those who are stuck at Goal 2, please send me a private message and I'll get help for you.

Rynetory2
01-06-17, 09:20 AM
@vinafarm2015 - I noted your issue and am getting help for you. Will further communicate with you via private message once I have updates.

jaxvan
01-06-17, 10:09 AM
Planks also occasionally come from butterflies, groundhogs, and otters.

rushrox1
01-06-17, 10:14 AM
What to do with pick axes I already have so many . How to get rid of them . Please help

sgr1953
01-06-17, 10:15 AM
Will we be able to get rid of extra parts once the event is over? Don't want them hanging out forever taking up space!

grameys
01-06-17, 10:51 AM
Will we be able to get rid of extra parts once the event is over? Don't want them hanging out forever taking up space!

YES Please.. have over 60 items with winter grow, pine cones n such.. need a way to delete them please

grameys
01-06-17, 11:14 AM
okay
got the fox it went into the igloo not the new habitat the fox in the evergreen habitat still bouncing around cannot feed him.. is the evergreen fox just a decoration?

darkmornings
01-06-17, 11:28 AM
okay
got the fox it went into the igloo not the new habitat the fox in the evergreen habitat still bouncing around cannot feed him.. is the evergreen fox just a decoration?

I was hoping that I would be able to put the bears is the den. I don't love the igloo.

grameys
01-06-17, 11:35 AM
I was hoping that I would be able to put the bears is the den. I don't love the igloo.
okay.. just put artic fox n storage n tried to place him other places.. that is the only habitat he can go in

auroramom
01-06-17, 11:42 AM

Rynetory, please have TL fix this issue. If the items take up barn space they should be able to be sold. Otherwise the barn could be filled up with too many picks and winter gro and we won't be able to have room to stock items for delivery. If they don't want us to sell these items, they should be in collectibles instead. Also, being able to sell winter gro helps others and this is a community. Even if you just make picks and winter gro sellable that would be more acceptable storage wise. I hope you can get them to change that today. Thanks

kmarie8923
01-06-17, 01:30 PM
I don't have this event!! Is this bc I have an android?

sgr1953
01-06-17, 02:33 PM
Rynetory, please have TL fix this issue. If the items take up barn space they should be able to be sold. Otherwise the barn could be filled up with too many picks and winter gro and we won't be able to have room to stock items for delivery. If they don't want us to sell these items, they should be in collectibles instead. Also, being able to sell winter gro helps others and this is a community. Even if you just make picks and winter gro sellable that would be more acceptable storage wise. I hope you can get them to change that today. Thanks

This is crazy! I have 42 spaces being held hostage because I can't sell or get rid of extra event parts. I have run out of barn space and can't finish the event for lack of barn space. Was this the intent? I need help desperately. Should I submit a break/fix ticket to the support people?

ghjvcucjb
01-06-17, 02:39 PM
How does one get enough wooden planks for this quest??? Paint and planks are the two hardest items for me to get on my farm. I'm afraid I'm going to waste all my few precious planks but only make it part way through quest when I run out but can't get anymore. I wish we our trees would randomly give us planks

caron7
01-06-17, 02:41 PM

This is critical for me too. We have to collect pine cones to pass a goal, but they STAY in the barn instead of being "consumed" by the event. Same with shovels. I am selling off things I need for trains and trucks to try to collect from sheep. I want to clean these event items out ASAP. I also agree that it is a community and I would more than happy to sell off items from deliveries to help others. I'm not sure why these are getting stuck in the barn. Help is needed! I am afraid to collect from my sheep as it takes double barn space (pine cone plus wool). And yet I need the wool!!

HelloUncertainty
01-06-17, 02:51 PM
Goal 5! Required to make the fox treats are 4 flour, 1 white sugar and 1 apple pie.
https://s28.postimg.org/jniuhu319/IMG_4574.png (https://postimg.org/image/l2kf6k449/)

kooky panda
01-06-17, 03:00 PM
I don't have this event!! Is this bc I have an android?
I am sorry but this is not available for android.

PookieBear50
01-06-17, 03:06 PM
How does one get enough wooden planks for this quest??? Paint and planks are the two hardest items for me to get on my farm. I'm afraid I'm going to waste all my few precious planks but only make it part way through quest when I run out but can't get anymore. I wish we our trees would randomly give us planks

I hadn't planned to comment, but I have to agree. While it makes sense to require wood to make the snow shovels...with the wooden planks being an even more randomized drop than iron ore or silver, it virtually guarantees that players will need to either have exceptional luck or spend gems to cover the cost of the rarest of the 3 components multiple times.

diverDestiny
01-06-17, 03:30 PM
What's the big deal? Let players sell the ice picks and glo (which I need). Played all day to get 15 glo and now it asks for 17!
Keep your members happy not frustrated

k1rf
01-06-17, 04:26 PM
Is a groundhog the same as a mole??!

chaarlikar
01-06-17, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=diverDestiny;1384217]What's the big deal? Let players sell the ice picks and glo (which I need). Played all day to get 15 glo and now it asks for 17!
Keep your members happy not frustrated[/QUOTE
Feeling the same level of frustration the drip rate for winter glow should equal thst of the ice picks if we can't get rid of the ice picks. I am doing deliveries constantly and I'm averaging one winter grow per hour...so since last night I have got 11 winter grow to 21 ice picks. I wouldn't mind if the drop rate was equitable and I agree we should be able to drop the ice picks so they don't take up valuable space.

broccolikitty
01-06-17, 04:53 PM
I am really lost, I have been trying to upgrade my tree but there is nothing coming up when I click on the tree no indication of items needed or anything. Can someone please help? Looks like a glitch

dugambon
01-06-17, 04:58 PM
Please, please, please TL....allow us to sell the pine cones, shovels and other stuff that's clogging up our barns!!! This is a farm community and other players would be so happy to buy them!!!

dusselduck
01-06-17, 05:04 PM
My barn is full now and I will stop playing for the next five days. This event sucks.

lydiahin
01-06-17, 05:32 PM
I am really lost, I have been trying to upgrade my tree but there is nothing coming up when I click on the tree no indication of items needed or anything. Can someone please help? Looks like a glitch

Happened to me as well, turned off my iPad and turned it back on. That fixed it

redfoxytail
01-06-17, 05:37 PM
Guys,

Storm8 is blocking us from selling event items on purpose. So that ppl will get frustrated and spend gems. They take great pains to block every possible trading / exploit. They currently have a sale on event items. I'm sure when ppl no longer need glos/picks they'd let us sell them.

Honestly I'm getting more and frustrated. Every event while addictive has become meaner and meaner. To squeeze the last penny out of us.

Mean things they do:
1) as you level up the harder it is to complete a delivery, they lower the coin payout
2) if you need something for a train/truck/hot air balloon/delivery they often block it from showing up in the trading post. You'll have to either craft it or find it in friend's shops
3) after you cancel or fail an order/delivery the item that you could not find anywhere, suddenly there are multiples of it in the trading post
4) they do 2x mining events right before events where you need mining tools
5) if you need iron ore etc for an event, hot air balloon/orders ask for it

My barn is constantly full, I can't sell unwanted event items. Storm8 if you don't want community members to be able to help each other at the very least let us dispose of items.

zash1
01-06-17, 05:56 PM
I did that also ☹️ Then realised I didn't need them anymore, I now have 12 in my barn

ReconKat
01-06-17, 05:57 PM
I just sold ice picks!

zash1
01-06-17, 06:02 PM
I totally agree 100%, well documented Redfoxtail.

mearro
01-06-17, 06:17 PM
Thank you, I can sell ice picks now. My newspaper was full of them. Can we also sell pine cones, please?

I completely agree with post pointing out the restriction put on limiting exchange between players with the aim of forcing us to pay real money to progress in the game. I still remember the tree cat event, how we helped each other, it was a great spirit of community. I miss that.

If we can't sell event items then maybe give us a disposal bin? So that we can get rid of literally anything we don't want but can't sell?

jmterao
01-06-17, 06:34 PM
Is a groundhog the same as a mole??!

I thought it was a gopher!

auroramom
01-06-17, 06:45 PM
I just sold ice picks!

I can now too. Still super frustrated that you can't sell winter gro!! This is a community and it would be so easy to just make this item available for sale! Also no response to my original post asking for this. ��

kdm999
01-06-17, 06:46 PM
Totally agree redfoxytail.

Every one of your points are valid.

lennumber1
01-06-17, 06:53 PM
Before this event started I would see at least 4 or 5 times a day the newspaper offering planks for sale, since the event started not once has a plank been offered. Now I can 't get any planks from anything I do. This is by design from storm 8.

Rynetory2
01-06-17, 06:55 PM
Update:

Great news guys, the team considered our requests and ice picks can now be sold! :D

Rynetory2
01-06-17, 07:02 PM

We can sell ice picks now. Although we can't sell winter gro etc, at least selling ice picks gives us some precious barn space. :)

Lilliepaddd
01-06-17, 07:06 PM
Before this event started I would see at least 4 or 5 times a day the newspaper offering planks for sale, since the event started not once has a plank been offered. Now I can 't get any planks from anything I do. This is by design from storm 8.

Could be true!
That was probably some of my planks ugh lol. I broke down and used gems as I couldn't get a plank to save my life and I still can't. I usually get rid of mine unless upgrading the silo. Highly suspicious and next time before an event I won't sell off materials 😫

jaxvan
01-06-17, 07:12 PM
Oops! Yes, it is the mole!

grameys
01-06-17, 07:14 PM
i keep getting wintergro with every delivery.. omly opiton is to stop deliverys have over 100 items in barn cannot dispose of.. so i will go play Dream City for awhile.. good luck all ����

Rynetory2
01-06-17, 07:17 PM

I usually sell off my extra parts and papers including wood planks but I stop selling for this event. Others may be doing this as well. Thus you hardly see it on sale now.

mearro
01-06-17, 07:29 PM
i keep getting wintergro with every delivery.. omly opiton is to stop deliverys have over 100 items in barn cannot dispose of.. so i will go play Dream City for awhile.. good luck all ����

I'm not getting any wintergro, just ice picks, very frustrated...

puzzlecatz
01-06-17, 07:39 PM
Ok so I thought I would try playing this event so I bought the evergreen tree and now I need to upgrade it. In order to upgrade I need shovels which apparently need iron. I am at level 27 and have not expanded to the mine so how am I supposed to get iron or any other materials neede in order to complete this event? Looks like I will have to give up on this one but now I am stuck with all this winter gro cluttering up my barn which I can't use or sell. Very frustrating....

Rynetory2
01-06-17, 07:41 PM

Update:

Winter-Gro will now drop from Deliveries for members who upgraded their Evergreen Den to the max. Those who were stuck at Goal 2 would be able to proceed on. :)

PookieBear50
01-06-17, 07:56 PM
Does anyone know what the requirements are to upgrade the Evergreen Tree? Also, do we need any snow shovels beyond the 6 required for Goal 4 of 7?

puzzlecatz
01-06-17, 07:57 PM

I only see an option to upgrade my evergreen. Where are my goals listed? Maybe I'm stuck.

Rynetory2
01-06-17, 08:00 PM
Does anyone know what the requirements are to upgrade the Evergreen Tree? Also, do we need any snow shovels beyond the 6 required for Goal 4 of 7?

The next upgrade doesn't need snow shovels but I have not fully upgraded my den yet. Sorry I'm a bit delayed in updating Post 2 because of the issues and pms. Let me get to it now. :)

Rynetory2
01-06-17, 08:02 PM
I only see an option to upgrade my evergreen. Where are my goals listed? Maybe I'm stuck.

Tap on the icon on the middle left of your game screen to see your goals. It's just underneath your level and experience points.

auroramom
01-06-17, 08:09 PM
We can sell ice picks now. Although we can't sell winter gro etc, at least selling ice picks gives us some precious barn space. :)

Thank you Rynetory for getting 1 part fixed but I wish you could talk the team into letting winter gro be sold as well. It sounds like they're players that want to sell that and I know I would love to buy it! Please help us, thanks :)

PookieBear50
01-06-17, 08:09 PM
The next upgrade doesn't need snow shovels but I have not fully upgraded my den yet. Sorry I'm a bit delayed in updating Post 2 because of the issues and pms. Let me get to it now. :)

Sorry to add to your pressures. I was just wondering, because I can afford to use gems to finish the 6 shovels, but if we need more than that later, there's no way I can use gems to make all of them...in which case, I might as well give up now.

Rynetory2
01-06-17, 08:31 PM
Sorry to add to your pressures. I was just wondering, because I can afford to use gems to finish the 6 shovels, but if we need more than that later, there's no way I can use gems to make all of them...in which case, I might as well give up now.

No worries, you're not adding to it. I was going to do it earlier but caught off by the unexpected stuffs. Anyways I just finished updating Post 2 - added Goals 5 and 6, and upgrade info for Stages 4 and 5. Looks like you may only need the 6 shovels for now. Hopefully others who are ahead can post some upgrade info to give you a definite answer. I am wondering how many stages there are.

zash1
01-06-17, 08:34 PM
Same thing happened to me also, not amused as it takes ages to build gems up 😡

princessskykennedy
01-06-17, 09:56 PM
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35257

Upgrade to stage 5

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35258

7/7

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35259

Final upgrade of evergreen tree. 28 + 31 wintergro last two stages upgrade of tree. They won!! I bought ice block.

35257 35258 35259

griffithpack
01-06-17, 10:28 PM
Great that ice picks can be sold, but I have 17 snow shovels that can't be sold. They came from the ice block, PLEASE let me sell them or delete them now so I can make enough room in my barn.

vinafarm2015
01-06-17, 11:51 PM
Thank you rynetory2! Thank you Team Lava! I truly appreciate for fixing the bugs in my farm.

Allie0105
01-07-17, 12:14 AM
I sold off my planks yesterday UGH smh lol

Me too. It took a while to get another plank. Luckily my pets started giving me some.

rachelplay24
01-07-17, 12:40 AM
I finished the challenge and I have the fox...but now I have 70 winter challenge items in my barn!!!!! I can't sell any of the pine cones, cookies, berries, snow shovels, plushies or winter grow food! Will I be able to sell/delete them once the challenge is over in 5 days?

tuffyjkitten
01-07-17, 01:03 AM
I finished the challenge and I have the fox...but now I have 70 winter challenge items in my barn!!!!! I can't sell any of the pine cones, cookies, berries, snow shovels, plushies or winter grow food! Will I be able to sell/delete them once the challenge is over in 5 days?

Congrats on finishing! I am hoping they will disappear once the event is over. Or that they decide to let us sell them before it is over...

Do you recall what we need to make fox plushies?

judyandthecat
01-07-17, 01:26 AM
Congrats on finishing! I am hoping they will disappear once the event is over. Or that they decide to let us sell them before it is over...

Do you recall what we need to make fox plushies?

Recipe for fox plushies.
5 hours in the studio
Each plushie requires:
12 wool
2 iron ore
2 silver ore

rachelplay24
01-07-17, 01:29 AM
I made 1 plushie in the studio but then I used the ice block to complete the challenge. It felt impossible to complete the quest by crafting. 6 plushies were needed and the next level asks for 13 or 16 plushies. Good luck! It can be done but it's going to take a lot of work 🤓

PookieBear50
01-07-17, 02:36 AM
I have to say, I find it very disturbing (and not a little frustrating) that

1. In order to obtain the Winter-Gro, I need to craft, and in order to craft, I need to collect wool, and in collecting wool from my 12 sheep, I also ended up collecting 12 Pine Cones...
2. ...which is fine, since I needed 4 to fulfill goal 4 of 7 and upgrade the Evergreen Tree...
3. ...except that I can do nothing with the remaining 8, since they cannot be sold...
4. ...which would be acceptable since goal 5 of 7 required the collecting of 13 pine cones, which would upgrade the Evergreen Tree again...
5. ...except that none of the 8 pine cones counted, and the only 1 that initially counted when the goal appeared was the one awarded for completing goal 4 of 7...
6. ...which meant collecting more wool and pine cones in order to get the 13 needed to fulfill goal 5 of 7 and later upgrade the tree, which would be fine since I would need to acquire 12 more to complete the goal anyway...
7. ...except that I would still be stuck with 8 pine cones I cannot sell.

In previous events, collecting from this or that did not always result in collecting the special item...it was randomized. This time, however, it seems that collecting from sheep will always result in a double collection of wool and pine cones, consuming space that cannot be cleared because the items cannot be sold.

PLEASE let us sell these extra, unused items!

cella1991
01-07-17, 03:53 AM
I am beyond irritated with this god forsaken event. I currently have in my full barn:
25 pine cones
18 fox treats
12 wild berries
10 winter grow
9 shovels
6 plushies.

I'm annoyed as I have completed the event and would like to get back to normal farming. When I complained in the last event that I had finished and was still receiving event items I was told to sell them off and help my community. I have no issue doing so. Now, that's not even an option. This is beyond ridiculous. I get that there were glitches with this event but I don't see the purpose in essentially stalling people from enjoying the game until the event is over. Major side eye to the S8 team, especially considering how many problems so many other people have had.

Alida2014
01-07-17, 04:00 AM
Update:

So it is a conscious decision that we can not sell the event items? It is not our fault that there was a bug at the beginning of the event. (Which was immediately removed after someone wrote about it). My barn is full and I'm not ready to sell items that I have laboriously produced. So I will not be able to play again until the event is over and I can hopefully sell the event items.

I'm very angry about this :mad:

mearro
01-07-17, 04:24 AM
WHAT?! They ask for that MANY more wintergro in later stages? I'm very close to giving up on an event for the first time and seriously considering not participating in any future ones if it's this hard... I know others complained about previous ones but I managed to play them so far by simply doing my best, it's been working, I have never invested any real money and I want to stick to that rule

griffithpack
01-07-17, 04:30 AM
I'll give the excess items away for ZERO coins, but please let me delete them - so much wasted space in my barn! I don't need the coins for them, I need the space in my barn! Guess I'm lucky it's ONLY using a little over 40 spaces so far, but that's 40 spaces I need.....

darkmornings
01-07-17, 04:46 AM
Is there a way to contact S8 with suggestions? The barn space that the event stuff is using is crazy. The trash can and collections Ideas were pretty great for items we can't sell. Maybe even a "load" or "deliver" option for what we are planning to use like the train and delivery trucks.

mearro
01-07-17, 04:51 AM
Yep, give us a bin or sth like, make it look like a disposal building or so, and let us get rid of literally anything we don't want but cannot sell. I like a new feature like this on the farm. Or even add options to it like recycling and we can get back some raw materials or fertilisers to speed grow of plants? I can imagine an Eco-friendly quest to get it, how about that?

sgr1953
01-07-17, 05:13 AM
Yep, give us a bin or sth like, make it look like a disposal building or so, and let us get rid of literally anything we don't want but cannot sell. I like a new feature like this on the farm. Or even add options to it like recycling and we can get back some raw materials or fertilisers to speed grow of plants? I can imagine an Eco-friendly quest to get it, how about that?

We could each submit a break/fix support ticket. That might get their attention. Maybe the influx of problems will let them know how upsetting this issue is.

littlefirefIy
01-07-17, 05:17 AM
Ok I have 98 Winter Grow and cannot continue the event as I can't collect from ANYTHING and have nothing left I can sell. This is ridiculous.

mearro
01-07-17, 05:26 AM
Ok I have 98 Winter Grow and cannot continue the event as I can't collect from ANYTHING and have nothing left I can sell. This is ridiculous.

How are you all getting them? My deliveries are not giving me anything.

RenZenGoddess
01-07-17, 05:26 AM
Storm8 what is your problem?.... I have sent over 10 orders and have not gotten a single winter gro. I have only 4 of 15 to upgrade to level 2. According to other players this might not be a bad thing since my barn isn't full yet of unsellable, undeletable items! I do not get the point in this-unless you guys want us to spend gems to upgrade our barns to make more room to store items we can't use? REALLY?! I might just follow the "rate me" box and do just that: warn people this game is now so unreasonable they should go elsewhere before getting hooked and put into such a situation...i used to really enjoy this game.

littlebomber2
01-07-17, 05:31 AM
Come on Storm8. My barn is full of rubbish that I can't sell. Guess I will have to stop playing until this event has finished. Space is at a premium and now filling up with junk I don't need or want ������

littlefirefIy
01-07-17, 05:59 AM
How are you all getting them? My deliveries are not giving me anything.

I wish I knew. I don't seem to be getting that many but my barn says 98. It's driving me nuts.

lennumber1
01-07-17, 06:04 AM
Does any one know what items are needed to craft the dog treats in the bakery? I want to try and have those items ready when I get to step 6 if possible. Thanks.

judyandthecat
01-07-17, 06:12 AM
Does any one know what items are needed to craft the dog treats in the bakery? I want to try and have those items ready when I get to step 6 if possible. Thanks.

Post two on page one you will find all the information.

Fox Treat - 4 flour + 1 white sugar + 1 apple pie (craft in Bakery for 1 hr 40 mins)

baseball_boy
01-07-17, 06:33 AM
And just like most other goals on this stupid game it won't be completed. I have sent 20 deliveries and received 1 of the bags of food. Seriously?!��

Rynetory2
01-07-17, 06:35 AM
We could each submit a break/fix support ticket. That might get their attention. Maybe the influx of problems will let them know how upsetting this issue is.

I would discourage submitting this request via Support Form. This will jam up Support and slow down the process and the Agents from responding to players who are having game and technical issues. This will only hurt other players who are having issues. :(

Edit to add: See my next post on various ways for you all to leave your feedback instead of writting to Support. Hope this helps.

Rynetory2
01-07-17, 06:45 AM
Hey Everyone,

I can see that you all are frustrated with bursting barns. I have submitted a request for the team to allow us to sell event items or alternative ideas they may have to help us get rid of unwanted event items. Bear in mind that Storm8 support is limited over the weekend, so I may not get an answer until Monday morning. You can post your feedback here in this event thread.

I have also started a new suggestion thread in the Suggestions and Feedback forum for future events. Please feel free to add your suggestions there.

Thread: Delete function for Barn items (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96652-Delete-function-for-Barn-items)

DaphneGlass
01-07-17, 07:16 AM
I am still on level 6/7 as just one berry to go lol, 8 hours till my apple trees are ready which gives me time to collect flour and silver, iron and wool for the next stage. My wee question is, can I start making the fox treats ready before I reach level 7/7 as I now have enough pies, what I don't want to do is start them early then it not recognise that what I have made, if you see what I mean.

Thank you in advance and best of luck everyone xx

Blondiegirlhi
01-07-17, 07:24 AM
How do I get pine cones. The only thing I get from my sheep is wool? I'm confused, new player.

tigarlilyvol
01-07-17, 07:42 AM
How do I get pine cones. The only thing I get from my sheep is wool? I'm confused, new player.

Not sure where you are in collecting, but you only get pine cones from sheep if the goal is requesting you to collect them. They won't show up before or after request.

Mitzi111
01-07-17, 07:48 AM
I have been getting bags of food, but I can't sell them? I sold the ice picks, but can't sell the feed??? Does anyone know why this is the case?

capitalcee
01-07-17, 07:58 AM
I made 1 plushie in the studio but then I used the ice block to complete the challenge. It felt impossible to complete the quest by crafting. 6 plushies were needed and the next level asks for 13 or 16 plushies. Good luck! It can be done but it's going to take a lot of work 🤓

What? We need 72 wool, 12 iron and silver for stage 6. Then we need double that to upgrade to stage 7. 😂😳😩😢😪💀

mearro
01-07-17, 08:09 AM
I have been getting bags of food, but I can't sell them? I sold the ice picks, but can't sell the feed??? Does anyone know why this is the case?

If you read previous posts this is the big issue for lots of players. We can only sell ice picks, nothing else from this event. I think it's deliberate to stop exchanging between players which is shame that would be a huge help to others like me who cannot get any wintergro.

darkmornings
01-07-17, 08:09 AM
What? We need 72 wool, 12 iron and silver for stage 6. Then we need double that to upgrade to stage 7. ������������
Is there a stage 7?
6 plushies are needed to complete quest 7/7

mearro
01-07-17, 08:11 AM
Omg do we need really 72+ wools and tens of ores?! Ouch!

lydiahin
01-07-17, 08:54 AM
I have to say that with this quest it is worth it to buy the iceblock, now that the picks are for sale in the newspaper I finished the last 2 levels in 10 minutes! Now I have to feed the fox!

lydiahin
01-07-17, 08:55 AM
Omg do we need really 72+ wools and tens of ores?! Ouch!

If you get the ice block it will give you all you need, plushies, cookies and feed

mearro
01-07-17, 09:28 AM
If you get the ice block it will give you all you need, plushies, cookies and feed

But 140 gems is way too much for me

tuffyjkitten
01-07-17, 09:48 AM
What? We need 72 wool, 12 iron and silver for stage 6. Then we need double that to upgrade to stage 7. ������������

What is the goal for continuing to upgrade the evergreen den after receiving the fox for upgrading it to level 6?

ginrae22
01-07-17, 10:11 AM
Yay! All of our whining paid off and now we can sell items!! Especially the pesky and useless ice picks! So excited. Thanks TL and Rynetory!

serenity415
01-07-17, 10:55 AM
Yay! All of our whining paid off and now we can sell items!! Especially the pesky and useless ice picks! So excited. Thanks TL and Rynetory!

This really stinks that they don't allow us to sell any of the extra upgrading parts because my barn is too full, and I know that it would benefit the other players that may not be able to completely upgrade the event things we do without money or help. It takes away some of the fun from the game. I thought the point in having neighbors is for us to be able to help each other.

diverDestiny
01-07-17, 10:57 AM
We need to sell shovels and glo. If you want good rating results keep your players happy.
How are we supposed to give good ratings when so many of us are soooo frustrated.
28 and 31 glo are a ridiculous amount asked for. Every delivery is not producing a glo.
I am also ready to quit.

Alida2014
01-07-17, 11:34 AM
Hey Everyone,

I can see that you all are frustrated with bursting barns. I have submitted a request for the team to allow us to sell event items or alternative ideas they may have to help us get rid of unwanted event items. Bear in mind that Storm8 support is limited over the weekend, so I may not get an answer until Monday morning. You can post your feedback here in this event thread.

I have also started a new suggestion thread in the Suggestions and Feedback forum for future events. Please feel free to add your suggestions there.

Thread: Delete function for Barn items (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96652-Delete-function-for-Barn-items)

Rynetory, it was possible at the weekend to make sure that the ice ax could be sold and it was possible that the bug was repaired very quickly. There was thus also a possibility to ensure that the other event items could be sold

mearro
01-07-17, 11:55 AM

I wouldn't be that happy yet. Sure they allowed us to sell ice picks (that's definitely a big help) but what about useless pine cones and shovels? Or excess of wintergro that is accumulating in others players barn that I would love to get because my deliveries are not giving me any.

HappyKampers
01-07-17, 12:05 PM
I have been playing for more than 2 years and have progressed to 4 farms. If you research previous events and forum posts, the changes over time are astonishing. They do not shed a positive light on the game. The glitches over last 3 events are the straw that broke the camel's back. I enjoy challenges which is why I started playing. I do not enjoy challenges stacked against me. For these reasons, I have deleted 3 farms and this one will be the last farm. Good luck everyone. Enjoy playing until it isn't fun any more!

AllyPally215
01-07-17, 12:25 PM
Really?? I just harvested ALL my apple trees and I got NO wild berries AT ALL? This event is impossible.

Mitzi111
01-07-17, 12:34 PM
If you read previous posts this is the big issue for lots of players. We can only sell ice picks, nothing else from this event. I think it's deliberate to stop exchanging between players which is shame that would be a huge help to others like me who cannot get any wintergro.

UGH... I have about 8 bags clogging my barn because I'm sitting out on this event. Is there any way to get rid of them from my barn?
Thanks for the reply mearro ... I just jumped in and posted without going back to read previous posts. oops : (

Blondiegirlhi
01-07-17, 12:50 PM
Not sure where you are in collecting, but you only get pine cones from sheep if the goal is requesting you to collect them. They won't show up before or after request.

In order to upgrade, I need pine cones. When I collect from sheep, all I get is wool. I guess I'm having issues with my game. I bought the ice block, so spent a lot of gems to be able to do this event. Then discovered I really need to have the mine open to complete it anyway. I'm a new player, only level 18. Guess I'll have to wait for quite a while before doing another event, so I have all my land opened first.

darkmornings
01-07-17, 12:58 PM
I really wish the fox could live in the habitat I've created for him. I did manage to finish the quest with the help (almost complete) of the sled. I also wish I could sell off my extras in my shop so they don't take my space and to help others. I just don't understand why I've upgraded that tree.

I have managed to get 2 new neighbors this quest and I'm happy for that. One probably plays like me, although very far ahead and the other thinks like me. I just need to remember who is who. Ids and farms names confuse me.

darkmornings
01-07-17, 01:03 PM
In order to upgrade, I need pine cones. When I collect from sheep, all I get is wool. I guess I'm having issues with my game. I bought the ice block, so spent a lot of gems to be able to do this event. Then discovered I really need to have the mine open to complete it anyway. I'm a new player, only level 18. Guess I'll have to wait for quite a while before doing another event, so I have all my land opened first.

The ice block should be able to finish your quest without mining. My problems came with bank space. Maybe yours too. I didn't have to make any shovels or fox cookies and only 1 plushie because I was only one short of goal and didn't want to risk the barn space

Lilliepaddd
01-07-17, 01:11 PM
All of a sudden... With an upgraded tree I'm getting picks and grow all stuck in my barn. Too many problems once again with this game! When will TL do something?!? We need breaks in between quests. I like to participate but it's getting too frustrating.

ancsab
01-07-17, 01:13 PM
Im full of pine ones and shovel ..
It be nice to get rid of it, cause I ended up with 19 extra pinecone 😡
Unfortunately, I made a batch of shovels overnight. DO NOT PICK UP SHOVELS AHEAD OF TIME. COLLECT ONLY WHEN TOLD TO!!! I picked up 7 and passed the goal for collect 3 shovels, but the other 4 did not count on the next goal!! Now they are stuck in my barn and can't be sold either!

Lilliepaddd
01-07-17, 01:47 PM
I have 31 pine cones!

Drachenia
01-07-17, 01:54 PM
Hello Rynetory! I have collected 11 pine cones, but I can not add them to the task.

35263 35264

ArlettesFarm
01-07-17, 01:58 PM
I've quit this event and sold off my ice picks. Same as everyone else, my barn was (and still is) overflowing with event items that are completely useless to me. I've never quit an event before, although the last few have been a close call...

I've been playing for almost two years, and have spent a good deal of real money on gems for the first 18 months. Now that I can no longer afford to spend dollars to get gems for upgrades and the fancy event boosters, it has become obvious to me that this game cannot be enjoyed above a certain level unless you are willing to spend real money, in a constant cycle.

The creators don't seem to be happy with one-off purchases that give players real value for money. Instead, they seem to have ensured that players need to inject a steady flow of real cash into the game week after week after week, and play around the clock, if they are to have any hope of fully participating in events etc.

Speaking of events, the rapid back-to-back turnaround between events has not only left a sour taste in my mouth financially, but it has also seriously damaged my opinion of Storm8's ability to deliver a working bug-free game experience. Perhaps if S8 spent a bit more time on testing new features instead of optimising the cash-grab, they might enjoy a better reputation amongst their faithful players.

Just my $0.02 worth. Take what you like and leave the rest.

judyandthecat
01-07-17, 02:24 PM
Hello Rynetory! I have collected 11 pine cones, but I can not add them to the task.

35263 35264

I did the same thing I collected from all my sheep for the collect four pine cones goal finding that having them in my barn does not count so I had to re collect from my sheep. When you collect again from your sheep they should count.

sgr1953
01-07-17, 02:50 PM
OK, I've got four spaces left in my barn. 27 winter-gro, 17 pinecones, 12 wild berries, 10 snow shovels, and 7 fox treats are clogging up my barn space. That's a total of 73 spaces being held hostage because I can't sell or discard any unneeded event items. I can't even gather enough supplies to make one plushie. Guess my playing days are over until the event ends. ARGH! ��

WSEagles
01-07-17, 03:22 PM
Here's a thought! Let us sell them but have the items blocked from people and the S8 team can buy them!!!! Also, I'm not very happy with this game. These events are getting harder. Also, for the past few ones, it's been getting parts from delivery and upgrading something!!!! If the next one is like this, I'm not doing it. I never get enough parts from the deliveries.

mearro
01-07-17, 03:34 PM
All of a sudden... With an upgraded tree I'm getting picks and grow all stuck in my barn. Too many problems once again with this game! When will TL do something?!? We need breaks in between quests. I like to participate but it's getting too frustrating.

I'm becoming more selective with events now, I passed on the previous one and just got back for this event but I had no idea they would make it so hard and frustrating. Had I knew that I would extend my break from the game.

I'm not collecting from my sheeps or apple trees until I really need to do so. Not sure for how long I can sustain the barn space for next stages, I'm also hoping to expand my barn. I'm not gonna spend real money, never did and I will stick to this rule. Will see if by hard work I can win this quest, it will be very frustrating though.

01-07-17, 04:10 PM
Oh please, how get rid of pine cones??? Pleeeeaaaase fix it up, Storm8!!! 😩🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Belladonna_T
01-07-17, 04:43 PM
I need help. Now I have completed all the quests and got my arctic fox but now I have 97 winter gro in my barn, a similarly ridiculous number of pine cones, shovels, wild berries, fox cookies and plushies. I have no barn space to fill orders for cowbells now. Can someone please empty my barn of all this useless stuff since I can't sell them? Otherwise, I guess I won't be playing any farm story 2 for the next 5 days. I would hate to resort to that option. I like playing! It is my stress relief!

LadyFencer
01-07-17, 05:35 PM
I've been playing for almost two years, and have spent a good deal of real money on gems for the first 18 months. Now that I can no longer afford to spend dollars to get gems for upgrades and the fancy event boosters, it has become obvious to me that this game cannot be enjoyed above a certain level unless you are willing to spend real money, in a constant cycle.

The creators don't seem to be happy with one-off purchases that give players real value for money. Instead, they seem to have ensured that players need to inject a steady flow of real cash into the game week after week after week, and play around the clock, if they are to have any hope of fully participating in events etc.

Speaking of events, the rapid back-to-back turnaround between events has not only left a sour taste in my mouth financially, but it has also seriously damaged my opinion of Storm8's ability to deliver a working bug-free game experience. Perhaps if S8 spent a bit more time on testing new features instead of optimising the cash-grab, they might enjoy a better reputation amongst their faithful players.

Just my $0.02 worth. Take what you like and leave the rest.

That's pretty much what I was going to say, although I haven't spent "a good deal of money." Some, yes, but not a good deal. Right now, I can choose to buy gems for this game to complete another event that a couple of years ago was totally doable with effort, or I can buy a meal for myself. Money is truly that tight. Not a real hard decision. Think about that S8. Some of us, perhaps many, don't have anything extra to spend on a game.

I'm still playing most events but never with the expectation to finish them anymore. I don't even attempt the ones at the county fair grounds because of the return for what I make at my level. I decided after spending too much time on the last event but having such a lousy drop rate that I would never again babysit my game and let it control my time. NEVER. It's a game. It's supposed to be fun, relaxing, and entertaining for me. The more events that turn out like this, the more I think I shall go back to reading books, which truly are fun, relaxing and entertaining.

Blondiegirlhi
01-07-17, 06:31 PM
The ice block should be able to finish your quest without mining. My problems came with bank space. Maybe yours too. I didn't have to make any shovels or fox cookies and only 1 plushie because I was only one short of goal and didn't want to risk the barn space

I am trying to complete an upgrade, requiring pine cones. When I use the ice pick on the ice block, I only get shovels and winter gro. When I collect from the sheep, all I get is wool. I finally broke down and paid gems for the pine cones, which was very expensive. Now, to complete the next upgrade, I need 13 pine cones and berries from my apple trees. This is absolutely crazy that an event requires you to collect an item that you never get. I'm giving up on the event and am very disappointed in this game.

grntown
01-07-17, 07:51 PM
Wish I could give you mine! I would GIVE them away to get the barn space - trying to think of an instance when Storm 8 has been responsive to customers and I can't. I'm sure there's an example out there but none I'm aware of. Which is why I spend very little to no $$ to play this game!

ankavale1000
01-07-17, 11:05 PM
I wasn't going to do the event but the second day I caved. I am glad I did because the event turned out quite well for me.
The drop rate of winter gro wasn't as bad as events previous for me. While I was crafting the shovels, I used the time to deliver as much as I could. I don't know if its because we couldn't sell event items, but I was able to find lots of premium goods in my neighbors shops and newspaper which made the deliveries that much easier. By the time I got to the goal that asked for another round of shovels, I bought the boost flag. I am so glad I did because this came in handy later on when I needed to craft tons of sugar and flour for cookies/treats. Anyway, while I waited for craft items to be ready, I just delivered one after the other non-stop. I really appreciate the 100% drop rate from sheep, apple trees, however, ... well 2 berries from 8 trees the first round, so I had to wait 8 hours. But then I delivered so much during that time that I had enough winter gro ready for the next upgrade.
I think this is the first upgrade event that I finished so fast, so smoothly. I completed so many deliveries that I'm ready to level up.
I want to thank all of my neighbors for selling great items in shop and all the wonderful items in newspaper from players around, I don't think I could complete so many deliveries without all of you.
The ability to rid of ice picks really saved me too, so thank you Storm8 for that revision.
And thank you for keeping the count of winter gro reasonable. I remember events past where we had to collect 60ish for final upgrade.
And thank you for not requiring us to feed winter gro to sheep in order to obtain pine cones (there was one event where we had to do that ... )
And thank you for making sure that deliveries come with goodies ... I got so many items (maps, tools) and its unfortunate I had to sell them all. But the occasional mining tools and planks really helped.

I'm curious though, similar events past we usually upgrade to level 5, not sure why level 6 this time around. Anyway, I am going to take a break from farm for a few days. so very exhausted from deliveries.

Lilliepaddd
01-07-17, 11:10 PM
I seriously hope the powers that be read this because so many things are wrong with this game. Event after event this happens. 99% of players are unhappy and the more we speak up and finally say enough is enough the better it will be for everyone. Especially us! WE ARE WHAT MAKES THIS GAME! They are nothing without us. Greed will not win. You are losing players daily. Make it fun, fair and less demanding! Get your game bugs straightened out.

S8 TL listen to your players!

My 2 cents as well.

PookieBear50
01-08-17, 12:55 AM
Okay, seriously? I just upgraded the Evergreen Tree, and as with the Pine Cones before, now I will be stuck with extra Winter Berries because the 3 extra I had from collecting from my apple trees before don't count, and they can't be sold yet. That's not even taking into account all the extra Pine Cones I'm going to end up collecting later when I have to make the Fox Plushies and need more wool to do those. And, considering that I'm going to need apples to make the Apple Pies that will be needed to make the Fox Treats for the final upgrade, I'm going to be full up with Winter Berries and Pine Cones to the point that nothing else will fit in my Barn.

It's also a bit disconcerting that some players are having problems with excess amounts of Winter-Gro while others (like myself) are sending out dozens of deliveries and only getting one for every 10. A bit more balance would be nice...or just let us sell things to each other already!

redfoxytail
01-08-17, 02:36 AM
I've been working myself to the bone checking every 30mins sending and cancelling deliveries. A whole day, hundreds of uselesss picks later only 1-2 gro. What is up with the drop rate?

Who's brilliant idea was it to ask for wool and apples to craft things when collecting these things also tie up our barn space?

What happened to the game that I used to enjoy and love? Events are now back to back, glitches and quality issues abound. What used be fun is now an anxious and sleepless grind.

I cannot express the sadness and dread when I play now with no gro insight, knowing that my planks and hard work will be wasted. It's especially cutting since the planks that I spent on crafting shovels is the exact number I need to expand my barn.

Guys just save yourself the hassle and buy the husky for 100,000 gold. Or save your gems and buy darts for when pets show up in the treehouse.

I put piper and the red fox animation next to my huskies in the igloo. It's good enough.

puzZelda
01-08-17, 02:40 AM
Well... if I can clear enough barn space - I actually stand a chance. With this one.
But seriously? 12 snow shovels that are just going to sit in my barn taking up space?
If you won't let us sell them, you out to let us trash them somehow.
Infuriating that we can't get rid of space grabbers.

Rynetory2
01-08-17, 03:21 AM
Update:

I have received news from the Community Manager about our request for event items to be made sellable. Unfortunately, they are unable to make the Winter-Gro and other Evergreen Den requirement items sellable during this event. For most of events in Farm Story 2, event items are unable to be sold during the duration of the event. The Ice Pick was changed for this event because it would be useless for players who did not purchase the Mystery Ice Block.

sgr1953
01-08-17, 04:45 AM
If they were able to turn on the ice picks then they can turn on the other event items. I currently have over 80 spaces being held hostage with event items I CANNOT use. Seems this is a break/fix issue and I'm going to submit a support ticket. Maybe someone can address this issue and get it fixed.

ArlettesFarm
01-08-17, 05:35 AM
That's pretty much what I was going to say, although I haven't spent "a good deal of money." Some, yes, but not a good deal. Right now, I can choose to buy gems for this game to complete another event that a couple of years ago was totally doable with effort, or I can buy a meal for myself. Money is truly that tight. Not a real hard decision. Think about that S8. Some of us, perhaps many, don't have anything extra to spend on a game.

I'm still playing most events but never with the expectation to finish them anymore. I don't even attempt the ones at the county fair grounds because of the return for what I make at my level. I decided after spending too much time on the last event but having such a lousy drop rate that I would never again babysit my game and let it control my time. NEVER. It's a game. It's supposed to be fun, relaxing, and entertaining for me. The more events that turn out like this, the more I think I shall go back to reading books, which truly are fun, relaxing and entertaining.

I agree completely, LadyFencer. Money is that tight in this household too. Books, along with a cheap pencil and sketch pad, will be my happy place again in future, especially during farm events. And I am sure that we are not the only ones who feel this way.

Good luck for 2017! :)

LadyFencer
01-08-17, 06:03 AM
Update:They appreciate your feedback and will let the team know.

Thank you for passing along the feedback to them. Unfortunately, anyone who has dealt with either side of customer service knows what that response means.

lynard12
01-08-17, 06:30 AM
I caved and bought the ice block. I couldn't take it anymore. Now I have 92 slots in my barn being used. If I can't help neighbors why can't I at least trash the items. Sometimes I wonder why I do the events......

Alida2014
01-08-17, 07:09 AM
Update:

For me this means that I can not play until the end of the event. My barn is full, the event items claim 115 space. I'm not ready to sell my other items, which I'll need later.

lennumber1
01-08-17, 07:50 AM
For future events if we are not able to sell items we don't need those items should be like collection items until the event ends. We still have them and yet they don't sit in our barns taking up needed space. Just a suggestion.

Drachenia
01-08-17, 08:06 AM
Update:

Hello Rynetory! Oh, this is stupid, I have always has a full camp. Thank you very much for asking :D

simplytasteful
01-08-17, 08:14 AM
How do I get rid all parts still in storage I completed the event. I have 8 shovels untold number pine cones and other junk that I can't sell or delete and it's taking up
Space !!! Grrr @&$&@

littlefirefIy
01-08-17, 08:35 AM
Miraculously I have managed to complete the event by scraping every last bit of barn space I could. I literally had to sell EVERYTHING else to do it. Now I have 50 gro, 18 shovels and 4 berries just sitting here getting in the way of me rebuilding my stock...

diverDestiny
01-08-17, 09:57 AM
Their answer is THEY DON"T CARE. THEY ARE NOT CHANGING ANYTHING.

PatchofHeaven71
01-08-17, 10:20 AM
This quest is driving me crazy! The pine cones coming with the sheep are taking up major storage space. Let us sell or delete these, wasting space, making doing anything else on the farm unjustly impossible since I now have 32 bloody pine cones eating all my storage!!! Com'on Farm Story!!! BEYOND frustrated!

I often skip events and can always sell off the items. It's a very obvious money grab, trying to force people to spend money to expand. Super disappointed and I am not spending a dime on this

LadyFencer
01-08-17, 12:02 PM
Against my better judgment, I made an attempt at the event because I thought the fox is cute. It took me two full days of sending deliveries plus this morning to get enough gro to reach stage 3. Since the event started, I've sold around 10,000 coins worth of deliveries, which includes the coins spent to buy stuff from the newspaper and neighbors trying to get requests filled. I've lost track of how many stupid picks I've sold.

There is no way I can get enough gro to finish the upgrades in the time left. I don't have the gems to buy the ice block (would leave me wiht just a handful) because I've spent a few here and there finishing off something in all the events on top of each other without the time to replenish them. Not going to waste any more time on this event. And I think I can save even more time on the next event.

I'm glad some people are successful. I just wish the game was still like it was when I started playing a few years ago and most players could be successful with some work (or even lots of work).

ghjvcucjb
01-08-17, 12:09 PM
I've been stuck on stage four for three days due to a lack of blue bags, although I send out 40+ deliveries a day.

Plus, I keep mentioning this but ever since two updates ago, my game is boggy, freezes, closes out, takes several tries to open, lags and buffers. None of my other games does this.

Clark_Wayne
01-08-17, 01:13 PM
completly silly : can't get ride of these shovel, pine cone,.. really bad management ! :mad:

Drachenia
01-08-17, 01:30 PM
I can not make anything more bearing full and grain storage bearing also full. Please Storm8 let's sell event parts, I like playing it very much and it is frustrating if you are constantly stuck. :(

kwsstin
01-08-17, 01:36 PM
Everyone is complaining about the blue bags. I'm getting one with almost every delivery. What I can't get after a hundred or more deliveries are any wood planks. I can't make shovels and I'm Stuck. So stupid.

kwsstin
01-08-17, 01:46 PM
I can not make anything more bearing full and grain storage bearing also full. Please Storm8 let's sell event parts, I like playing it very much and it is frustrating if you are constantly stuck. :(

I'm able to sell parts. What can't you sell?

ginrae22
01-08-17, 01:52 PM
I've collected from my all of my apple trees twice now and I've gotten nothing! It's not like the trees produce apples that quickly. So what gives? Has anyone else had this problem? I pretty much know already that I'm not going to finish this event. The only reason I even finished the last one was because of the kindness and generosity of others and because I ended up spending real money at the end which sucks. This is how the events have gone for me for a very long time. Arg!

ktwhoopi
01-08-17, 02:00 PM
But you know the solution everyone, we just need to fork out 150!!!!! measley gems to get the ice block and then I'm sure all our problems will be sorted!! Such a simple solution /sarcasm

KT

ktwhoopi
01-08-17, 02:01 PM

Pine cones!!!

Drachenia
01-08-17, 02:55 PM

Hi the problem is I need so much merchandise for the train. But I have 17 winter fertilizers, 18 pine cones and wild berries 10 and there are always new ones. But I need space for the goods from the train and sell already what goes, but the aircraft needs also goods. So with expanding it is also the problem of the warehouse. Me lack color, planks and so on

vinafarm2015
01-08-17, 02:58 PM
I agreed with everybody. This is 1 tough quest event to complete. The drops rate are very low. Fishing 200x = 1 wood plank. 60 pets x 6 = 360 but only got 3 wood planks. Apple trees 8 hours = 1 or 2 wild berries. To all farmers, you have to spend gems to finish this quest event. Thank you and good luck to all.����������

Srishtikarta
01-08-17, 04:14 PM
I can't sell any pine cones, shovels or berries either.
The barn is getting pretty crowded and preventing me from doing other stuff.
This makes me so angry. Grrrrrrrr

Can't storm8 fix this and make the quest fair. It is hard enough with out this craziness.

Drachenia
01-08-17, 04:25 PM
I can't sell any pine cones, shovels or berries either.
The barn is getting pretty crowded and preventing me from doing other stuff.
This makes me so angry. Grrrrrrrr

Can't storm8 fix this and make the quest fair. It is hard enough with out this craziness.

Moderator Rynetory has asked the community manager, because of sale of winter fertilizer, pine cones and so on and got that as an answer:

Update:

Srishtikarta
01-08-17, 04:49 PM
Moderator Rynetory has asked the community manager, because of sale of winter fertilizer, pine cones and so on and got that as an answer:

Thanks. But in that case they should not count against barn space.

Something to think about for future.

mearro
01-08-17, 05:19 PM
Everyone is complaining about the blue bags. I'm getting one with almost every delivery. What I can't get after a hundred or more deliveries are any wood planks. I can't make shovels and I'm Stuck. So stupid.

The drop rate is so different for players, I can barely progress further because my deliveries are not giving me wintergro. As much as I'm glad that I don't have the problem of full barn but still without wintergro I cannot upgrade and move on.

The apple trees are awful too, I didn't get a single berry today.

Mitzi111
01-08-17, 05:56 PM
Update:

But can they give us a way to dump it out of our barns?

enaid03
01-08-17, 06:28 PM

BINGO!

I have 100+ worthless items in my barn from this event. My game basically comes to a standstill until this event is over. Which means I'm not happy. So I'm not playing. So I'm not spending. There is a pattern here to be seen and heard!

ghjvcucjb
01-08-17, 07:02 PM
3 1/2 days with non stop delivers to finally get 15 blue bags and now it's asking for 17!!! In less than 4 days. I wouldn't care about finishing except I sacrificed my rare and precious planks for stupid shovels. All worth it IF I had a chance at the new pet but now....

bearmtn
01-08-17, 07:14 PM
Why can't you sell the winter gro

ghjvcucjb
01-08-17, 07:14 PM

Not sure if this will make you feel better but it's better that you're stuck at the point of getting rare planks than to get stuck in the next step or two like the rest of us. Because it would hurt more to sacrifice your rare planks and then not be able to move forward. That's where I'm at with the lack of blue bags and wish I had just kept the planks and ignore the event

xellosspoo
01-08-17, 07:31 PM
Update:

Have I been really out of the loop with ghis game recently? All the events that I've participated in before this have either:
1. Allowed you to sell everything.
2. You couldn't sell certain items, but those items didn't count against your inventory.
3. If you couldn't sell the items, the quests took all of the items you made, so your inventory wouldn't be too full.

Frankly, this event reminds of the Bakery Story events where your inventory gets so full of event items (that you can't do anything with) so you can't do anything in game.

Add to the inventory we can't sell the ridiculous drop rates of items needed for this quest. :S I'm unimpressed.

LadyFencer
01-08-17, 08:19 PM
3 1/2 days with non stop delivers to finally get 15 blue bags and now it's asking for 17!!! In less than 4 days. I wouldn't care about finishing except I sacrificed my rare and precious planks for stupid shovels. All worth it IF I had a chance at the new pet but now....

Yes, I gave up the planks too and won't be able to finish. I wish it had been wood or hickory needed. That still would have been restrictive for those who didn't have enough saws (but probably not restrictive enough to get players to use gems to finish the shovels).

eneke
01-08-17, 09:37 PM
I cannot wait until this event is over and I have back my 86 barn slots back. I cannot do much until then. Argh!! I love playing this game but my hands are tied with no barn space. Oh well time to try a new game for the next few days.

Rynetory2
01-08-17, 09:42 PM

Sorry I dont have more news about this - what I had posted was the reply I got.

ghjvcucjb
01-08-17, 09:56 PM
Yes, I gave up the planks too and won't be able to finish. I wish it had been wood or hickory needed. That still would have been restrictive for those who didn't have enough saws (but probably not restrictive enough to get players to use gems to finish the shovels).

Your wood/hickory suggestion is a great one!

sweetashunnie
01-08-17, 11:36 PM
I truly wish they would change their minds and allow us to sell all event items. Helping our neighbors and friends during events is what makes the game fun. A lot of players are having a very difficult time getting the winter gro & berries to move on to the next stage it would great to be able to help them out.

I suggest that when events are difficult we should be allowed more time to complete them

mearro
01-09-17, 04:05 AM

Same here and next stages are asking for 20+ and 30+ more of wintergro...

Ugh I hate the drop rate from apple trees, just 1 berry needed and yet I need to wait 8h for that

xellosspoo
01-09-17, 06:17 AM
For those still trying or trying to decide whether to continue, the last 2 steps time use (does not include time for collecting the needed 59 winter gro):

Step 6:
10 winter berries - 3 tree harvests = 24 hours, 4 tree harvests= 32 hours
6 treats - 6 apple pies = 4.5 hours, 4 flour + 1 sugar = 1 hour, 6 treats = 10 hours
Total: 24-32+ hours (1-1.25+days), limited by winterberry drops

Step 7:
18 treats - 18 apple pies = 13.5 hours, 4 flour + 1 sugar = 1 hour, 18 treats = 30 hours
6 plushies:
- 72 wool => 4 sheep = 108 hours (4.5 days), 8 sheep = 54 hours (2.25 days), 12 sheep = 36 hours (1.5 days)
- 6 plushies (12 silver + 12 iron) = 30 hours
Total: Minimum 30 hours (not including wool collecting time)

Time necessary for last 2 steps: 54 hours (2.25 days)

Basically, if you have 4 sheep, you are out of luck. If you have 8 sheep, you need to start hoarding wool for the plushies NOW.

It MIGHT be possible to complete it at this point. It says 3 days (which is less than 72 hours left, right?). So if you can collect that 59 winter gro fast and don't sleep, eat or have anything else to do so you can keep things running 24/7, you can do it. Or if all 9 winter berry drop in the first/second harvests and you premake a lot of apple pie, you can finish in about 40 hours maybe. But this does not take into account the abysmal drop rate for the winter gro.

Rynetory2
01-09-17, 06:37 AM
You can use the Bakery or Studio boosts to reduce the crafting times but definitely need to stock up the ingredients ahead, especially wool, silver and iron.

rembetiko
01-09-17, 06:52 AM
So just to sum up this event:

It fills up storage, no matter if we participate or not, because we will get Winter-Gro and Pine Cone anyway when making deliveries, but we cannot delete or sell it.

The tasks are impossible to complete within the given time. For example, "collect wild berries" (7/8):
We need only 9, that seems to be easy, but it is a rather rare drop which takes at least 3 collections and we are limited to 8 apple trees which can be collected from every 8 hours.

Actually, this game is categorized as "social", but we are not allowed to help each other during this event.

Just started liking this game, because it is based on helping each other so even lower level players have a chance to complete quests in time. But - no more.

@xellosspoo:
Thanks for your analysis, it is a great help.

xellosspoo
01-09-17, 07:36 AM
You can use the Bakery or Studio boosts to reduce the crafting times but definitely need to stock up the ingredients ahead, especially wool, silver and iron.

This is true. But you have to have bells to do it. And the previous info isn't taking into account time to collect the winter grow. It took me about 22-24 hours to collect 13 winter-gro to pass step 5. And that was me sending orders for most of the day (sending like mad, trashing orders when needed, and scouring my newspaper). At my current drop rate of winter-gro, I need about 5-6 days. Of course, I'm also getting like 3-4 times more ice picks than winter-gro.

*shrugs* I just think this is bad event/game design this time. But thank you @rynetory2 for fighting the good fight for us this event.

PorcelainDollOT
01-09-17, 07:46 AM
Wow, just saw the requirements to finish. I've been stuck with 12/15 winter gro forever and none have dropped the past 10 deliveries. Time to be done! Not worth the effort for sure. Wish I hadn't depleted my planks :(

bodragonmom
01-09-17, 11:41 AM
Im done and I have so many supplies i would like to share and items wont let me?? They are taking up a lot of space and the only thing i could list was Ice picks. Silly.

marlaknight
01-09-17, 11:45 AM
I am having the same problem. It is very frustrating!

Mandiw30
01-09-17, 11:49 AM
Please please please let us sell pine cones!!!

NewtyFruity
01-09-17, 12:53 PM
I'm ready to help with a supply of 70 Winter-Gro feed!
Total of 113 Evergreen Tree items in my storage ........ uugghh.
Release the Kraken!

kondor15
01-09-17, 02:52 PM
Please let us sell unused supplies to other community members!!!

caron7
01-09-17, 04:13 PM
Please let us sell unused supplies to other community members!!!
Came on here hoping to read about progress with selling event items. My barn is stuffed. And the truck wants 45 flour!! I am not sacrificing more of my good stock in the barn... This is too much. Please let us sell event items!

Edit: other events required us to "give" items to complete goal steps. That would have at least helped with this accumulation of useless items in our barns. I'm not sure why these can't be sold, but they really should not be using up our precious barn space. And cries for increased barn space seem to also fall on deaf ears!

ladybuckeye67
01-09-17, 05:25 PM
For all of us coming here to voice our displeasure there have to be many more that are "suffering" in silence. This game is played for relaxation by most of us and with the onslaught of unwanted items clogging our barns (I currently have ~ 110 slots being held hostage) we are experiencing nothing but frustration instead. Yes, this is a free game but some of us have chosen to spend real world money to help build our farms and yet our pleas to be able to just play the game seem to not matter. There has to be a quick fix patch that would help this. Or, in the interest of customer service, admit to your mistakes, cancel the event early, and reward everyone who attempted the quest with the fox. Bottom line, do not feed us the line of, "there's nothing we can do" and instead, fix this.

Rant over.

Rbkhfrnkln
01-09-17, 05:32 PM
I have a group of 125 fs2 players n everyone is very upset with the fact we can't sell our goal items. A few are threatening to quit the game altogether. Plz fix this, we have limited barn space and can't complete the goals due to this horrible idea.

My suggestion is that you ask them to post their feedback here. It will be submitted for the team to review. Thanks. Rynetory2

auroramom
01-09-17, 05:41 PM
They are actually losing money in my case and I would think others as well. I have been tempted to go ahead and buy the ice block. My concern is after buying it that the random items I don't need will fill my barn and I still won't be able to finish. With that thought I am certainly not going to buy! I definitely agree with ladybuckey above. Storm 8 should admit they messed up and all participants get the fox. It has been my experience though that Storm 8 could care less because new players will replace the lost players. That is just sad! Customer service should always be a core company principle.

penally1
01-09-17, 05:48 PM
For all of us coming here to voice our displeasure there have to be many more that are "suffering" in silence. This game is played for relaxation by most of us and with the onslaught of unwanted items clogging our barns (I currently have ~ 110 slots being held hostage) we are experiencing nothing but frustration instead. Yes, this is a free game but some of us have chosen to spend real world money to help build our farms and yet our pleas to be able to just play the game seem to not matter. There has to be a quick fix patch that would help this. Or, in the interest of customer service, admit to your mistakes, cancel the event early, and reward everyone who attempted the quest with the fox. Bottom line, do not feed us the line of, "there's nothing we can do" and instead, fix this.

Rant over.

Well said. I agree totally. Also helping each other achieve goals is also an enjoyable part of th game.

newnanax4
01-09-17, 06:19 PM
Please, please allow us to post unwanted items from the current event in our shop.

jigsaw75
01-09-17, 06:24 PM
For those still trying or trying to decide whether to continue, the last 2 steps time use (does not include time for collecting the needed 59 winter gro):

Step 6:
10 winter berries - 3 tree harvests = 24 hours, 4 tree harvests= 32 hours
6 treats - 6 apple pies = 4.5 hours, 4 flour + 1 sugar = 1 hour, 6 treats = 10 hours
Total: 24-32+ hours (1-1.25+days), limited by winterberry drops

Step 7:
18 treats - 18 apple pies = 13.5 hours, 4 flour + 1 sugar = 1 hour, 18 treats = 30 hours
6 plushies:
- 72 wool => 4 sheep = 108 hours (4.5 days), 8 sheep = 54 hours (2.25 days), 12 sheep = 36 hours (1.5 days)
- 6 plushies (12 silver + 12 iron) = 30 hours
Total: Minimum 30 hours (not including wool collecting time)

Time necessary for last 2 steps: 54 hours (2.25 days)

Basically, if you have 4 sheep, you are out of luck. If you have 8 sheep, you need to start hoarding wool for the plushies NOW.

It MIGHT be possible to complete it at this point. It says 3 days (which is less than 72 hours left, right?). So if you can collect that 59 winter gro fast and don't sleep, eat or have anything else to do so you can keep things running 24/7, you can do it. Or if all 9 winter berry drop in the first/second harvests and you premake a lot of apple pie, you can finish in about 40 hours maybe. But this does not take into account the abysmal drop rate for the winter gro.

I highly recommend preparing the apple pies before getting the quest to make fox treats. The goal only cares about the treats, not the pies. I purchased a lot of apples to avoid getting berries.

I also purchased wool when I saw them on the market too to avoid additional pinecones.

Good luck to us all!

Mitzi111
01-09-17, 06:57 PM
Sorry I dont have more news about this - what I had posted was the reply I got.

Ok, Thanks Rynetory2

PookieBear50
01-09-17, 07:29 PM
Looks like I won't be completing this event. Unless a miracle happens and I suddenly get flooded with Winter-Gro--as opposed to an inundation of ice picks--I won't be able to upgrade, nor finish the event, not with only 2 days left.

Definition of miracle: drop rates for the Winter-Gro improve, or it suddenly becomes salable.

christineslp
01-09-17, 07:41 PM
I agree too...I HATE HATE HATE this event!

christineslp
01-09-17, 07:44 PM
Add my name to the disgruntled...this event is frustrating and I can't wait for it to be over...if there is another one like it, I will delete my account and you will get no more of my money...

FarmerIreneOK
01-09-17, 08:29 PM
How can I get rid of the leftover pine cones and shovels? I need the barn space! thanks! 😙

FarmerIreneOK
01-09-17, 08:37 PM

read community manager's response. not.helpful! At minimum, should make it so " leftovers" can be removed from barn after meeting goal! No room to collect needed event parts for next goal!

FarmerIreneOK
01-09-17, 08:59 PM
is it possible to pre- make fox treats before starting last goal? Have bakery space but not sure whether I would be wasting. thanks!

redfoxytail
01-09-17, 09:02 PM
Hey Guys on a positive note after I completed the quests that asked for pine cones and berries, I am no longer getting pinecones and berries from sheep and apple trees. My barn is still full and still finding it hard to get gro.

redfoxytail
01-09-17, 09:04 PM
Yes you can pre-craft fox cookies. Just don't pick them up until you have all the gro to upgrade.

PookieBear50
01-09-17, 09:21 PM
My barn is still full and still finding it hard to get gro.

I'm basically stuck in a holding pattern because it's so hard to get the Winter-Gro. I have nearly everything I need to upgrade the last two levels--just waiting on wool and I'll do flour later (72 wool and 72 flour just won't fit in my barn)...but I'm going nowhere until I get the 39 Winter-Gro (8 and 31) I need.

krystab33
01-09-17, 10:22 PM
So will these items disappear from our barns after the event is over or am I stuck with 97 items I can't sell forever?

If the answer is option 2 i am done with this game!

ghjvcucjb
01-09-17, 10:31 PM
I'm basically stuck in a holding pattern because it's so hard to get the Winter-Gro. I have nearly everything I need to upgrade the last two levels--just waiting on wool and I'll do flour later (72 wool and 72 flour just won't fit in my barn)...but I'm going nowhere until I get the 39 Winter-Gro (8 and 31) I need.

I hear you. I'm only getting about 4 winter gro a day and am stuck on level 5 so I'm out of the running.

redfoxytail
01-09-17, 10:35 PM

Start collecting or crafting apple pies.

Once you get the 2nd last goal (Get 6 fox treats) you can also start crafting the fox treats for the last goal. It only counts for the goals when you pick up the treats so you can craft them ahead of time.

You can also pre-make flour/sugar. When your barn is full go to one windmill and keep crafting flour (repeat, repeat) the other one craft sugar and flour (repeat). You can keep crafting and pick up the flour / sugar later)

persezabar
01-09-17, 11:04 PM
For finish step 7....I put in my farm flag for bakery boost, but time in bakery running the same, this not working. or I do not know how it works boost. If I send a report bug It takes too long for have ticket and my boost It will have ended.
Please help me!!!

PookieBear50
01-09-17, 11:11 PM
Start collecting or crafting apple pies.

Once you get the 2nd last goal (Get 6 fox treats) you can also start crafting the fox treats for the last goal. It only counts for the goals when you pick up the treats so you can craft them ahead of time.

You can also pre-make flour/sugar. When your barn is full go to one windmill and keep crafting flour (repeat, repeat) the other one craft sugar and flour (repeat). You can keep crafting and pick up the flour / sugar later)

I have everything except the wool and the flour. I can't start crafting the Fox Treats yet, because I might need the Bakery to make items to delivery so I can maybe get Winter-Gro. If I can just get 7 more, I can upgrade, then start clearing all the extra stuff out by crafting plushies and treats.

Already did all the Sugar I'll need, and I can make the Flour easily enough with two Windmills going and a boost or three for the Windmills, Bakery, and Studios.

Alida2014
01-10-17, 01:32 AM
I would appreciate an official statement from S8 about the problems

queens15
01-10-17, 02:18 AM
I have been wondering why I am so far off finishing this event when in the past I have managed to finish the events I have opted into when I had the time to do them, and the main reason I see is that despite the awful level of drops on my own game of some of the materials needed to complete my event, I have been able in the past to go to my neighbours or the newspaper to collect the missing items.
This has not been the case with this event and so, despite for the last 3 days doing many,many deliveries, the winter gro has not dropped, so I am stuck with the evergreen tree at level 2.
Having read the comments here, there is no way I am going to complete the event in the allocated time so that is where it is going to stay as I am now opting out of this event.
I have played this game for some years now and have really enjoyed it, but it is getting more and more frustrating with tasks being dictated by sheer chance, from comments here, the winter gro has regularly dropped for some and not for others, and definitely not me!!
Is that a fair way to run a game? Yes, if like in the past, players who have been lucky, have been able to share that luck. I enjoy a community game, helping and getting help from others, as do many of the players - evidenced in comments in this forum.
So why the change - my sceptical self says it's all about money, if we can't get items, we will spend on gems. I for one am not being drawn into that ploy and I truly hope that this isn't the case. Please S8 listen to comments here, see sense and revert to running events that are fair and doable.

Srishtikarta
01-10-17, 03:34 AM
No wintergrow here too for the last two days and the barn is cluttered with stuff I can't sell. I have been a regular player as well but with the frustration of last few events am planning to quit and find something else to play.

After all this is supposed to be fun.

farmiemom
01-10-17, 03:53 AM
I have been wondering why I am so far off finishing this event when in the past I have managed to finish the events I have opted into when I had the time to do them, and the main reason I see is that despite the awful level of drops on my own game of some of the materials needed to complete my event, I have been able in the past to go to my neighbours or the newspaper to collect the missing items.
This has not been the case with this event and so, despite for the last 3 days doing many,many deliveries, the winter gro has not dropped, so I am stuck with the evergreen tree at level 2.
Having read the comments here, there is no way I am going to complete the event in the allocated time so that is where it is going to stay as I am now opting out of this event.
I have played this game for some years now and have really enjoyed it, but it is getting more and more frustrating with tasks being dictated by sheer chance, from comments here, the winter gro has regularly dropped for some and not for others, and definitely not me!!
Is that a fair way to run a game? Yes, if like in the past, players who have been lucky, have been able to share that luck. I enjoy a community game, helping and getting help from others, as do many of the players - evidenced in comments in this forum.
So why the change - my sceptical self says it's all about money, if we can't get items, we will spend on gems. I for one am not being drawn into that ploy and I truly hope that this isn't the case. Please S8 listen to comments here, see sense and revert to running events that are fair and doable.

This is EXACTLY what I wanted to say! Well stated.

griffithpack
01-10-17, 04:03 AM
When this event ends - in "2 days" - how do we get rid of all the extra event items in our barns? I would appreciate an answer before the event ends, so we don't all have to wait 2 more days - which is when the next event will most likely begin base on the last few - and we ALL are desperate for barn space!

kondor15
01-10-17, 04:46 AM
I agree with queens15, its impossible to complete this event in two more days, if you receive no winter gro for a day now, and if you have all those unused stuff in your barn

lynard12
01-10-17, 05:22 AM
I would love to help out everyone who needs things. It's so maddening that so many players could help their neighbors but we aren't allowed.
Remember in the beginning when you did quests and one goal was to visit neighbors- isn't that the point of social games- to help each other.
I've spent real $, why can't I choose if I want to help people or not!!!!
Even if you finished event you can't play anymore due to no barn space.... So frustrating

brenmeme
01-10-17, 06:02 AM
My barn is getting so full of bags if winter I have had to sell off thing I didn't want to sell and am unable to collect much and keep it so no hope of up grading it even because there is no space! Please do something so we can get rid of the winter bags

MisterBlu
01-10-17, 06:19 AM
At least reassure those of us with barns bulging with the unusable items from this event that these items will disappear when the event finishes.

Rynetory2
01-10-17, 06:22 AM
When this event ends - in "2 days" - how do we get rid of all the extra event items in our barns? I would appreciate an answer before the event ends, so we don't all have to wait 2 more days - which is when the next event will most likely begin base on the last few - and we ALL are desperate for barn space!

At least reassure those of us with barns bulging with the unusable items from this event that these items will disappear when the event finishes.

We can remove unused event items upon the completion of the event. See What shall I do after the event? (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248494&viewfull=1#post1248494) in Event Guide for more information.

KojiMama
01-10-17, 08:11 AM
There's no way I can get all of the requirements for the final stage of arctic fox and I'm not spending any money to do so. The final requirement is ridiculous for people who don't live on this game 16 hours a day and who aren't whales. This is the second in a row where I've had to give up.

First how do I get rid of this stuff now? Thanks for making it impossible to reach this goal and impossible to get rid of things we don't need that is filling up my barn.

Second when does this making it too hard to do without spending money going to stop? I'll just delete Farm Story 2.

Thanks.

We should be able to get rid of this stuff NOW. Maybe not sell, since the idea is not to let players win easily, but my barn is full.

Selling picks, yay, but they're not what's taking up ridiculous amounts of space.

lennumber1
01-10-17, 08:31 AM
On a positive note. When I needed to make the fox plushies I noticed I would need most of my iron. So I went to my mine to try and build up my iron. No iron, instead I received gold, ruibies and even gems. Thank you storm8 for giving me items I value more.

skybird91
01-10-17, 08:36 AM
To me this was a poorly planned event which is why I didn't bother trying..in past events like this we had better chances. I get plenty of picks for an item I'm suppose to spend 150 in gems on ( no way will I) and like with many of their games I noticed events seem to be getting shorter & shorter. With requirements not getting lowered. I hope someday they go bk to the way they use to do events

KojiMama
01-10-17, 08:49 AM
This is EXACTLY what I wanted to say! Well stated.

I agree completely! S8 - what's the answer to every question? Money! So so sad!

seahawkran
01-10-17, 09:31 AM
WOW - I have read the reply that rynetory2 got from from the Community Manager about our requests for event items to be made sellable or dropable and find it unbelievable if not confusing:

"Unfortunately, they are unable to make the Winter-Gro and other Evergreen Den requirement items sellable during this event. For most of events in Farm Story 2, event items are unable to be sold during the duration of the event."

... more often than not these items certainly have been sellable, or at least were turned in during gameplay and did not count against barn space. I would certainly like to know when the last or most recent event with these current restrictions was ...

Beans67
01-10-17, 10:01 AM
WOW - I have read the reply that rynetory2 got from from the Community Manager about our requests for event items to be made sellable or dropable and find it unbelievable if not confusing:

"Unfortunately, they are unable to make the Winter-Gro and other Evergreen Den requirement items sellable during this event. For most of events in Farm Story 2, event items are unable to be sold during the duration of the event."

... more often than not these items certainly have been sellable, or at least were turned in during gameplay and did not count against barn space. I would certainly like to know when the last or most recent event with these current restrictions was ...

I agree whole heartedly with you, Seahawk! This is the first event that I have participated in where items stored in my barn have NOT been sellable. As for "unable" to make them sellable, I believe that is a decision "they" made rather than a capability they don't have. If they can make them sellable AFTER the event, they can make them sellable DURING the event. Sounds like an "on-off" switch in the software to me.

gerrywerry
01-10-17, 10:31 AM
Add me to the increasing number of people whose barns are full. Not really playing the game at the moment as I'm not willing to get rid of high value items that I will probably be asked for as soon I sell them!

krystab33
01-10-17, 10:57 AM
Update:

Thanks for trying rynetory2.... but we all know this is []. They CAN make anything they want sellable - they just don't want to. We all know the truth. Just admit you aren't going to allow us to sell the pinecones, shovels, etc because you want people to buy gems in order to get the prize. At least be honest with your players. I, for one, WILL NOT EVER SPEND ONE MORE DOLLAR ON THIS GAME. I will still play for fun -and if I win the prize great... if not oh well... but no more $$ from me.

KojiMama
01-10-17, 11:30 AM
Completely agree krystab33! If they can change the icepick after the event starts, they can change everything else. This is likely a management decision to get money out of the gullible. The thought is if they throw users an icepick, they can dig their heels in on everything else and people will be conned into thinking they actually care about users' game experience.

Not fooling anybody, particularly everyone reading this forum.

medbil44
01-10-17, 12:13 PM
I haven't been playing this game very long and I was enjoying it. If events continue on like this I won't be playing for long. Storage is critical in these types of games and filling it up for useless events is frustrating. Why don't they make these items not count against your storage like Bakery 2 and Restaurant 2 or give us the option to delete items?

ghjvcucjb
01-10-17, 12:37 PM
Thank you for this. Applauding....