PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Story Update: January 04, 2017

monstertop
01-03-17, 12:39 PM

Recipes provided by babyxdoll1
https://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy88/jasella123/2017-01-04%2019.14.14_zpsqi2raiqv.png

sadieroo24
01-03-17, 12:47 PM
"The color turquoise HAS (not have)..."

monstertop
01-03-17, 12:49 PM

LOL good catch. I never read the description, just stare at the new design so I didn't even realize their mistake.

bluewhale89
01-03-17, 12:58 PM
I like this one. Will be a goal?

tanya3535
01-03-17, 01:02 PM
New oven I see. Glad about that. RS update is shocking 😂😂

DragonWished
01-03-17, 01:07 PM
Nice theme! As always, I'm hoping it's not gem heavy, especially the tables and chairs.

EdiiLouise
01-03-17, 01:50 PM
I bet the appliance is for 15 gems hahaha

roxystaufenberg
01-03-17, 02:47 PM
I Love *-* please, be a goal *-*-*

deekathleen
01-03-17, 03:00 PM
Another gem oven I'm sure.

twospoons
01-03-17, 03:07 PM
i like turquoise but am not that crazy about southwestern design, so will pass on most of this. i liked the quaint goals stuff better. also, those cacti are weird looking.

dianeupside
01-03-17, 03:09 PM
I love several items but my main concern is what the appliance is gonna sell for...gems or coins? Hopefully COINS!!

Bakerling
01-03-17, 03:16 PM
I love that turquoise cacti planter best.

pipipooh1977
01-03-17, 03:41 PM
This oven better be for coins or I'm closing up shop! I'm sick of all the gem appliances.

geordieprogman
01-03-17, 04:26 PM
I'm another that's hoping for a coin oven. All ovens should be for coins. I quite like the little wooden seating area. It looks nice with the cushions scattered around. Not too bothered about the rest.

brwnsuga8
01-03-17, 06:15 PM
I like it !:D

mikepastry
01-03-17, 06:28 PM
I see 1 appliance; hoping for a mini goal, because if it's not, I suspect, it will most likely be gem heavy. And as compared to RS update, think how lucky we are this week, aren't we?! We might have jinxed RS after all, lol :)

slayer7000
01-03-17, 06:55 PM
Please be a coin oven! everyone HATES gem ovens!

zaaracake
01-03-17, 07:08 PM
Two ovens...time for goals, ppl!

Rynetory2
01-03-17, 07:09 PM

Thanks for spotting this. :)

@monstertop - I reloaded the pic in Post 1.

WILDFL0WER
01-03-17, 08:52 PM
I'm not a southwestern fan but I think this looks nice 😊

slayer7000
01-03-17, 09:30 PM
A cowboy update next week would match quite well with this :). I'm really hoping that that oven is for coins.

deekathleen
01-03-17, 09:36 PM
Two ovens...time for goals, ppl!

I think the other one is just a counter.

Sebsmommy15
01-03-17, 10:32 PM
I hope this oven is for coins!!!

pixiegamer
01-03-17, 11:13 PM
Also hoping for a coin oven, and doubly-hoping that it's not a mini-goal. I also hope the three pieces in the middle display are all separate and not a huge 4x4 display :(

Like most others here, I think this could go well with the quaint theme from back in September, especially the door. It would be great if we could get it for coins as well :)

vladfindme
01-04-17, 12:41 AM
This is alright. Not overly excited for it but it is better than other updates we've had. Will wait to see how gem and coin heavy it will be before deciding on what I can and can't live without :)

themusicloverme
01-04-17, 03:07 AM
New appliance! Hope it's not for gems though.

Might consider the other items at another time but until then, I'm saving up my coins and my gems!

zzzzcafe
01-04-17, 06:06 AM
It's winter not summer?????

toosweet33
01-04-17, 06:15 AM
Hopefully it's not gem heavy like prior updates!

hannahmariec97
01-04-17, 09:56 AM
It's winter not summer?????

It's summer in the southern hemisphere
But I like this update, turquoise is a shade of my favorite color and I LOVE (south)western stuff. Dream catchers are my thing :o

Sebsmommy15
01-04-17, 12:01 PM
6 gems! That's too bad... off to master other old recipes. Until next week!

dianeupside
01-04-17, 12:03 PM
Passing on the appliance AGAIN this week....WILL NOT PAY GEMS FOR AN APPLIANCE!

EdiiLouise
01-04-17, 12:03 PM
Oh seriously enough with the gem appliances! Not everyone can afford to keep purchasing gems. Stop favouring restaurant story

CassieJo84
01-04-17, 12:07 PM
Unbelievable! STOP with the gem appliances! I used to buy gems for BS but that stops until this ridiculous pricing is over. So incredible annoyed right now. 👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽

my607
01-04-17, 12:09 PM
Count me out not buying Gem Appliances and its gem heavy update. Don't you people read these posts no Gem appliances! I'm back cooking my other recipes and I might only buy that couch . Even though I'm still saving for my 30 mil expansion. Thanks Storm 8 so disappointed with this company

geordieprogman
01-04-17, 12:10 PM
Gem ovens seem to be the norm now. The wallpaper is for gems, the tables are for gems and the 2 main displays are for gems. It's just pure greed!

slayer7000
01-04-17, 12:10 PM
Another gem oven?

therainbowscafe
01-04-17, 12:11 PM
This is ridiculous! S8 you're unbelievable!

appliances should be for coins!!!!!! get over it

lenasdinner
01-04-17, 12:14 PM
what's with this gem ovens?? is this gonna be a normal thing from now on?? and decors are becomeng every time more expensive......
if this goes on like this,I'm might leave the game much more easyer than I thout.....

sleepygs
01-04-17, 12:14 PM
Would like to see what recipes are included before even considering a gem oven. It's too bad S8 doesn't preview that, but leaves it to players to buy blindly and post for the rest of us.

roxystaufenberg
01-04-17, 12:15 PM
Ridiculous, like always

slayer7000
01-04-17, 12:18 PM
So many expensive gem items. Ridiculous

kayjco
01-04-17, 12:20 PM
They didn't reply nail the color. I noticed that another item near my cookies has a color closer to turquoise than the Turquoise Cookies has.

The detail is a little sub-par compared to other BS stuff. Seems a little slap-dash, almost childish.

The oven itself is really cute and if I had a theme it went with, I'd be happy to display it. It just doesn't go with my pink & white. :)

babyxdoll1
01-04-17, 12:21 PM
http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy88/jasella123/2017-01-04%2019.14.14_zpsqi2raiqv.png (http://s780.photobucket.com/user/jasella123/media/2017-01-04%2019.14.14_zpsqi2raiqv.png.html) List of recipes that come with the new appliance

nightshine7
01-04-17, 12:22 PM
Another gem filled update I see. And, another one I WON'T be doing! Too bad... I really like turquoise. Thanks, TL, for making this game BORING.

ievuxia
01-04-17, 12:24 PM
Grrrr it's so lame that the oven is for gems! Ridiculous! I'm running out of recipes to master, why did they stop releasing ovens every week, ugh...

pipipooh1977
01-04-17, 12:25 PM
Why are people buying these gem appliances? Come on people, you buy, they keep coming out with them...It's that simple. This is a bunch of garbage...STOP!!!! My door is closed. Get your stuff together S8! Your ridiculous!

EdiiLouise
01-04-17, 12:25 PM
They are lovely recipes an all :(

crzy4food
01-04-17, 12:26 PM
I know what you mean, very frustrated and angry with all these gem heavy items especially the appliances, STORM8 NO MORE GEM OVENS!!!!!

ONeal28
01-04-17, 12:27 PM
It's a sad way to start the New Year. Very disappointing. Hoping there would be improvements in the game but guess not. It's making so many people stop playing.

babyxdoll1
01-04-17, 12:27 PM
I had 6 gems spare and I get 10 gems per day for watching videos in both bakery story and restaurant story. I'm not buying anymore

EdiiLouise
01-04-17, 12:30 PM
I had 6 gems spare and I get 10 gems per day for watching videos in both bakery story and restaurant story. I'm not buying anymore

Say whaaaaaaaaat??? I get none

my607
01-04-17, 12:31 PM
I haven't gotten any videos to watch since a long time ago it's random. I guess

deekathleen
01-04-17, 12:39 PM
I will not pay real money for appliances. I now will not buy anymore gems at all in bakery or resteraunt till you get your greed under control.

twospoons
01-04-17, 12:43 PM
there's a reason i only buy gems in RS now and never here (not that this week is a great example for RS, but in general).

but that's okay S8, you probably don't need paying customers.

kayjco
01-04-17, 12:47 PM
Why are people buying these gem appliances? Come on people, you buy, they keep coming out with them...It's that simple. This is a bunch of garbage...STOP!!!! My door is closed. Get your stuff together S8! Your ridiculous!
Why?

Because I knew I'd be able to make the recipes.

Most of these ovens, who knows if you'll be able to make the stuff after you buy it. Maybe you can make the recipes, maybe not. Maybe you had to buy the oven two years ago to be able to make the stuff.

They sell it, but it only contains ONE thing you can actually make.

And there is no way to know BEFORE you buy them whether or not you'll be able to use them.

It's frustrating and disappointing to buy a stove/oven and then find out, "Oh, sorry, you can't actually USE it. You'd have had to buy it two years ago to use it. But thanks for buying it, have a nice day."

I wanted to make something cute and knew I'd be able to MAKE the stuff here.

As it turns out, those cookies aren't quite as cute as I thought they'd be, but that is the why.

brwnsuga8
01-04-17, 12:49 PM
It's a sad way to start the New Year. Very disappointing. Hoping there would be improvements in the game but guess not. It's making so many people stop playing.

Totally agree. This is sad and makes me continue to wonder why they keep stringing us along like this. Don't punish us for playing the game. I want items that I can earn through coins AND I would buy gems, but it seems S8 doesn't want either. Either give us good content that is affordable and items that can also be earned through coins or end the game.

monstertop
01-04-17, 12:51 PM
List of recipes that come with the new appliance

Updated the first post with your screenshot, thanks!

3squares
01-04-17, 12:58 PM
Not buying any appliance for gems.

rocketsmama
01-04-17, 01:02 PM
This honestly doesn't surprise me anymore. Lack-luster updates, gem ovens, gem heavy updates, losing money on goals, it's pitiful really. I won't be spending money on this game. I can't tell you the last time I was excited about an update.

3squares
01-04-17, 01:08 PM
Why?

Because I knew I'd be able to make the recipes.

Most of these ovens, who knows if you'll be able to make the stuff after you buy it. Maybe you can make the recipes, maybe not. Maybe you had to buy the oven two years ago to be able to make the stuff.

They sell it, but it only contains ONE thing you can actually make.

And there is no way to know BEFORE you buy them whether or not you'll be able to use them.

It's frustrating and disappointing to buy a stove/oven and then find out, "Oh, sorry, you can't actually USE it. You'd have had to buy it two years ago to use it. But thanks for buying it, have a nice day."

I wanted to make something cute and knew I'd be able to MAKE the stuff here.

As it turns out, those cookies aren't quite as cute as I thought they'd be, but that is the why.

The way to find out about individual appliances, what they cost, their recipes, and whether or not they were part of a goal (which means recipes need to be unlocked by completing goal steps) is by searching this forum for information before you buy an old appliance.

That said, IMO appliances connected to expired goals shouldn't be available for purchase. Unless you've completed the goal, or the goal is re-released.

kayjco
01-04-17, 01:19 PM
The way to find out about individual appliances, what they cost, their recipes, and whether or not they were part of a goal (which means recipes need to be unlocked by completing goal steps) is by searching this forum for information before you buy an old appliance.

That said, IMO appliances connected to expired goals shouldn't be available for purchase. Unless you've completed the goal, or the goal is re-released.
Easier said than done on finding out about appliances before purchasing.

Agree with one or the other. Either don't sell the thing OR sell it with all recipes available. Just kind of a "come ON" kind of thing.

Rees630
01-04-17, 02:30 PM
The recipes are shown

angelwoman712
01-04-17, 03:57 PM
YET ANOTHER OVEN FOR GEMS!!!! I guess it will be another oven I won't have. So much for the game being free.

ojapple96
01-04-17, 06:31 PM
Easier said than done on finding out about appliances before purchasing.

Agree with one or the other. Either don't sell the thing OR sell it with all recipes available. Just kind of a "come ON" kind of thing.

Not sure what you mean :confused::confused::confused:as it is very easy to find out about things on the forum before buying - you may have to wait a short while for someone to post it but there is a thread dedicated each week only to the new release by date......

Aarafel
01-04-17, 08:29 PM
You can't play the game without ovens. Consistantly Charging gems for ovens makes the game unplayable!

zaaracake
01-04-17, 09:38 PM
I think the other one is just a counter.

@deekathleen, you were right! I made an oops there.
I'm trying to decide between this floor display and the Swiss choc 4x4 from last week. I like turquoise and I'd love to see actual pottery and dishes in this colour. The Greek donuts recipe is one of my faves simply cuz of the bowl it is served in.
Knowing me, I'll prolly end up buying the Swiss choc display and this pottery cabinet.
Eventually.
Definitely not the oven though.
NB - Tiles are awesome, very versatile! Glad they're for coins and not as pricey as some of the other tiles out there.

kayjco
01-05-17, 07:08 AM
Not sure what you mean :confused::confused::confused:as it is very easy to find out about things on the forum before buying - you may have to wait a short while for someone to post it but there is a thread dedicated each week only to the new release by date......
I didn't mean new releases when discussing ovens you'd have had to buy two years ago to use. I meant all the appliances available for purchase.

There are many GOAL appliances that I cannot buy, so fine, I cannot buy them, okay.

There are also many appliances for sale that I can buy; however, I cannot use. Like, maybe it has three recipes, but I cannot make two of them.

There is no way to know BEFORE I buy the thing whether or not I will be able to make the recipes.

It's frustrating. It's disappointing to get an appliance and then find out that it cannot be used. "Search" is easier said than done.

So it was nice to know that FOR ONCE I could buy something and know I'd be able to make what I wanted to make. :)

kayjco
01-05-17, 09:33 AM
The recipes are shownWhere? Where are the recipes shown? Especially which ones you can and cannot make after buying it.

I didn't know there was a place to see that, so my bad. Please tell me where to find it!! So eager to know what I can and cannot get!! 😀🎉

Rynetory2
01-05-17, 09:50 AM
Where? Where are the recipes shown? Especially which ones you can and cannot make after buying it.

I didn't know there was a place to see that, so my bad. Please tell me where to find it!! So eager to know what I can and cannot get!! ����

See Visual Inventory of Recipes in Post 2 of Bakery Story Game Guide (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59840-Bakery-Story-Game-Guide).

Rynetory2
01-05-17, 09:51 AM
Gentle Reminder

Hey guys, the thread has derailed. Kindly return back to topic of discussion or use private messaging for private communications. Thanks.

christmastree1225
01-05-17, 09:53 AM
Another gem oven I'm sure.

Yep. It's a gem oven. If they keep releasing only gem ovens, it will make a lot of players close up shop. I've noticed some people here are already closing up shop. Please S8, next time make an oven for coins!!!

kayjco
01-05-17, 10:42 AM
See Visual Inventory of Recipes in Post 2 of Bakery Story Game Guide (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59840-Bakery-Story-Game-Guide).
Thank you so much! It doesn't work for me but it was so nice of you to try to help.

I think I'm stuck with new appliances.

These cookies look better on the carton people's plates than they do on display. I'd rather it was the other way around, but they're not entirely bad. Don't think I'll be making them much, though.

When does the. Valentine stuff show up?

my3gray
01-08-17, 11:51 AM
I don't like that the gem price is keep going up, personally for my bakery I have to have three of each appliance, I know it does make sense profit wise, but it is in order to match the number of my other appliances. But as the Southwest Oven is costing six gems, a total of eighteen gem, other gem oven are more reasonably priced like the Colonial Stove, but the Swiss Oven nine gems each, you serious, the Hawaiian Oven was only 5 gems each in comparison to the Swiss Oven

deekathleen
01-09-17, 11:55 AM
I guess as long as people buy them they will continue to make them cost gems.