PDA

View Full Version : Can't create storm ID

angela3737
01-01-17, 09:05 AM
Hello
Been trying to set up my sons account on his Gigaset QV830 tablet (android 4.2.2 ). When we go to set up his storm eight I'd , we keep getting error messages .We tried first Rayjrpizza , then raypizza , then rayjrpizza8 . We keep getting invalid storm ID .,"must be between 4-30 alpha numeric characters ..no spaces /symbols . We aren't using any symbols or spaces . Had to try at least 20 times . Then we tried RayJr and get message "this account taken -I figured it would have been taken but was curious if it would kick out. I also tried on fashion to see if just dragon , but it appears to be the same error .

Is there a known issue for this ? My 3 family members all have same tablet and they would also like to join . I tried the "copy and paste " but not able to either .

I have been playing for over 4 years various team lava games ..I have several accounts .never came across this .

Is there another way to create I'd ?

Thanks
Angela :)

Rynetory2
01-01-17, 06:59 PM
Hmmm this sounds strange... which game version are you using to set the ID?

angela3737
01-03-17, 08:07 AM
Is the regular dragon story . Version 2.5.0.3

Rynetory2
01-03-17, 08:15 AM
I have added that to my report. Thanks angela3737. Will post when I get more information.

Rynetory2
01-03-17, 06:01 PM
Hi angela3737,

Do you think it's possible that you may be unintentionally using spaces at the end of the name or it may be adding a space automatically based on the keyboard settings of the device? You may want to try checking if there is an extra space at the end.

But no worries if you still cant set the ID, you can contact Support: support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and the Agent will assist you in setting it for you. :)

angela3737
01-04-17, 06:19 AM
Thanks I will contact them . That was my first guess the keyboard is adding a space ..after 50 times I threw in the towel lol

Rynetory2
01-04-17, 07:58 AM
Ops didn't know you had tried 50 times... in that case, I would say please run straight to Support lol. :)

Rynetory2
01-04-17, 06:10 PM
A little more information. The CM has looked further into this and found that the IDs you mentioned were using a combination of letters that triggers the language filter. You will need to choose a different name for a successful setup. You may like to give it a try while you wait for Support. :)

angela3737
01-10-17, 10:39 PM
Wow .language filters ?? Lol ..wouldn't have guessed my son's name and pizza would be blocked .thanks for getting this looked into . Haven't heard back yet from support , but will try another name :) thanks again