PDA

View Full Version : Gold dragon sales

missourijan
12-28-16, 07:27 AM
I thought I read from some long time players that if storm8 didn't have the gold producing dragons on sale Black Friday or cyber Monday like all expected then they would do it at Xmas ??

DragonPhoenix6
12-28-16, 05:52 PM
I read the same posts and i am so disappointed! Although I still have hopes for January sales...

DR0G0N
12-28-16, 07:26 PM
I read the same posts and i am so disappointed! Although I still have hopes for January sales...

Lol, aren't we all the same. Hoping for GDP sale on Black Friday, FAIL...Hoping for GDP sale on Cyber Monday, FAIL...Hoping for GDP sale on Christmas, FAIL...HAHAHAHAHA...now hoping for GDP sale for New Years...

katali119
12-29-16, 03:50 AM
It isn't storm8 saying it though, just people who are hoping.

DragonPhoenix6
12-29-16, 06:54 AM
Lol, aren't we all the same. Hoping for GDP sale on Black Friday, FAIL...Hoping for GDP sale on Cyber Monday, FAIL...Hoping for GDP sale on Christmas, FAIL...HAHAHAHAHA...now hoping for GDP sale for New Years...
Exactly the same disappointments! So heartbreaking! But I will keep hoping...

luckyaa7
12-30-16, 02:45 PM
I was hoping that there will be gold producing gols sale, but we already passed Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Christmas. Will there be any ever now???

tromalyt
01-01-17, 11:13 AM
Happy new year!!!

FireballFarm
01-01-17, 07:07 PM
I was hoping that there will be gold producing gols sale, but we already passed Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Christmas. Will there be any ever now???

I have a feeling GPD sales are a thing of the past. They want people buying gold all the time for the Leaderboard and Bingo events, not using the gold earned from GPDs. I cannot think of any other reason why they didn't hold the annual GPD sales this year.

If so, it's a very short-sighted move on S8's part. Seems like players are already burning out on these constant fundraiser events- I've noticed the groups I have been placed in are getting less and less competitive with each passing event. I doubt a lot of people have the desire to keep dumping hundreds of dollars into the game every week (especially on Bingo- it's the same thing over and over, with unimpressive rewards- and that gets old pretty fast). Some will spend the money, but most won't. It's simply unsustainable. Maybe once S8 realizes that, and feel they've finally milked these events for all they can, the GPD sales will come back. I hope so (and, for S8's sake, I hope players decide to stick it out long enough to see if anything changes for the better...)

DR0G0N
01-02-17, 02:48 AM
You know...funny thing is I used to somewhat have a lil regret purchasing my first GPD, Kintsugi when it was on sale for 800 gold. It was the coolest looking GPD dragon in my opinion plus at that time I felt like it was a must have since it was a GPD that was on sale even though the price was hefty.

The thing that made me regret purchasing it was that not too long ago after the release of Kintsugi, they released another GPD sale for Midas and Stainglass for 400 gold each. Which to me was a steal (I know way back GPD was even cheaper than that according to past posts from long time players).

But now seeing that there was no GPD sale for the holidays plus the continuous reduction/elimination of golds from past events that used to give us golds such as tourneys/quests, I am actually glad that I purchased Kintsugi, be it, it was 800 gold. This made me appreciate it a lil more and that my decision to buy it was not a mistake.

DragonPhoenix6
01-02-17, 11:16 AM
I have a feeling GPD sales are a thing of the past. They want people buying gold all the time for the Leaderboard and Bingo events, not using the gold earned from GPDs. I cannot think of any other reason why they didn't hold the annual GPD sales this year.

If so, it's a very short-sighted move on S8's part. Seems like players are already burning out on these constant fundraiser events- I've noticed the groups I have been placed in are getting less and less competitive with each passing event. I doubt a lot of people have the desire to keep dumping hundreds of dollars into the game every week (especially on Bingo- it's the same thing over and over, with unimpressive rewards- and that gets old pretty fast). Some will spend the money, but most won't. It's simply unsustainable. Maybe once S8 realizes that, and feel they've finally milked these events for all they can, the GPD sales will come back. I hope so (and, for S8's sake, I hope players decide to stick it out long enough to see if anything changes for the better...)

Hi FireballFarm, I agree 100% with your line of thought! It is quite sad that S8 is doing that as people will start loosing interest in this game if they can not collect GPDs anymore... many people play this game aiming to have a full dragon collection and only few if any will be willing to pay the full price for them... Well, I will keep hoping that S8 changes their mind and understand how unfair it is with us players...

DR0G0N
01-06-17, 12:26 PM
OK guys...the New Year has pass, but we still have the Chinese New Year to look forward too. LOL...chances of getting GDP sale is slim, but Chinese New Year relates to red pocket money. So maybe red pocket money = GDP sale

Lol...yea...pretty far fetch, but I'm still hoping even though at this point, I'm pretty beaten with the disappointments :-/

katali119
01-06-17, 12:35 PM
From reading back, they put some on sale last June or July also. So there might be one any time looking at the past. Equally, my 5 yr old just wanted to start playing mommy's dragon game, and his starter pack is offering half the gold that mine did back in November. So there might never be another one and they might start taking the GPD's out of the game altogether. Who knows!?!

All10star
01-18-17, 12:37 AM
When are the GPD going on sale? if not for these I don't really have anything special to achieve. All of these world events and and bingo stuff are almost impossible to complete

ironasazi
01-21-17, 01:26 AM
Prospects don't look good, even the gold sales have gone up to a point I'm not sure if purchasing a bit of gold on the occasion is justifiable for the new prices. Knowing my luck there'll be a sale as soon as I end up buying a gold producing dragon full price!

Natasha_07
01-21-17, 11:35 AM
I really need stain glass and midas. :(

I wish we could get them for valentine's or something end of this month.