PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Story Update: December 28th, 2016

Sebsmommy15
12-27-16, 11:48 AM
https://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t386/_loveeadri/99B73C13-4B5A-4837-8A6B-062F0A43DD17_zpspixxyghe.jpg (https://s1057.photobucket.com/user/_loveeadri/media/99B73C13-4B5A-4837-8A6B-062F0A43DD17_zpspixxyghe.jpg.html)

EdiiLouise
12-27-16, 11:52 AM
This is just embarrassing. Why on earth are they placing spring items in winter? Least Restaurant Story had a new year update with appliance

pixiegamer
12-27-16, 12:14 PM
:/

The prizes aren't bad, but... why are we getting this now? Even in the southern hemisphere, it's summertime, not springtime. Why couldn't we get a theme that was more in line with the season, or a New Year's Eve update like Restaurant Story? This feels like a leftover theme that was crammed in at the last second because someone couldn't come up with a relevant idea.

I really hope the Bakery Story team tries harder next year regarding season-relevant themes and sales with gem AND coin items :(

monstertop
12-27-16, 12:16 PM
LOL. That is all.

twospoons
12-27-16, 12:21 PM
ignoring the timeliness or lack thereof aspect, and the part where i could only buy crates if i bought some gems and i'm so not going to do that for this game in its current state of weirdness and expensiveness, and the part where like most crates the lower items aren't worth anywhere near the cost, it's not a terrible crate. i'm not a fan of the horses, but the rest of it is pretty enough.

slayer7000
12-27-16, 12:25 PM
Why does restaurant continue to be favored over bakery? ANOTHER week of terrible off season items. Even a winter crate or new years would be better than this. Why this time of year? s8, WHAT?1

bluewhale89
12-27-16, 12:27 PM
"Note: We want to give everyone an early sneak peek of the new items, but it is possible that changes may be made to the game content listed here. We may add, remove, or change some of the items listed throughout the week."

I found this in the blog page :eek:

slayer7000
12-27-16, 12:29 PM
They put that after every update. It means nothing.
"Note: We want to give everyone an early sneak peek of the new items, but it is possible that changes may be made to the game content listed here. We may add, remove, or change some of the items listed throughout the week."

I found this in the blog page :eek:

bluewhale89
12-27-16, 12:38 PM
They put that after every update. It means nothing.

My hope was crushed xD

my607
12-27-16, 12:51 PM
It looks like heavy gem update. I was looking for New Years kind of update.

Sebsmommy15
12-27-16, 12:55 PM
Bad call. Glad it's a crate, means I don't have to buy it! I hope the new year brings in better stuff.

ONeal28
12-27-16, 12:56 PM
I hope there is improvement in games for 2017.

steelersbabyyy
12-27-16, 01:05 PM
wow restaurant story got a new years theme!! why the heck are we getting this??? they favor restaurant story way more than bakery story its embarassing

hannahmariec97
12-27-16, 01:19 PM
Why in the world does RS get a New Year's update, but we don't. This does not seem in the least bit fair :mad:

Bakerling
12-27-16, 01:20 PM
How come no new oven? Is just PANSY CRATE. Look like heavy gems CRATE

U53352
12-27-16, 01:21 PM
Spring is my favorite season, I will take Spring decor any time of the year :)

my607
12-27-16, 01:41 PM
It used to be RS updates are worse than here. So, why they can't both be good at the same time?

CassieJo84
12-27-16, 02:06 PM
Completely bored with bakery story. They keep asking for suggestions and then totally ignoring all of them. I got iTunes gift cards for Christmas and considered buying gems, but not with things going as they have been recently.

DragonWished
12-27-16, 03:14 PM
:/

The prizes aren't bad, but... why are we getting this now? Even in the southern hemisphere, it's summertime, not springtime. Why couldn't we get a theme that was more in line with the season, or a New Year's Eve update like Restaurant Story? This feels like a leftover theme that was crammed in at the last second because someone couldn't come up with a relevant idea.

I really hope the Bakery Story team tries harder next year regarding season-relevant themes and sales with gem AND coin items :(

Bad call. Glad it's a crate, means I don't have to buy it! I hope the new year brings in better stuff.

I hope there is improvement in games for 2017.

Completely bored with bakery story. They keep asking for suggestions and then totally ignoring all of them. I got iTunes gift cards for Christmas and considered buying gems, but not with things going as they have been recently.

Agree.

roxystaufenberg
12-27-16, 03:47 PM
Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha it's serious TL?

geordieprogman
12-27-16, 05:16 PM
I don't think they design anything anymore. They just have a stock of items that they roll out every week. I'm pleased that it's a crate as I won't be buying anything.

tdwhitt
12-27-16, 06:11 PM
I'm sick & tired of S8 doing this to us, I spend lits of money on this game, RS, & FS but I'm stopping all buying as on 1/1/17 until they get back on track. I been playing 3 yrs now

dianeupside
12-27-16, 06:48 PM
After last week's 9 gem appliance I can't even complain about not receiving an appliance...they are taking away the joying in playing Bakery for me. I have been wanting to buy gems for the past month but really don't have a reason to. Feeling Disappointed

themusicloverme
12-27-16, 06:59 PM
What. The.

Okay I'm going back to Restaurant Story!

I can already see the game's developers releasing a winter crate in the middle of summer.

What happened to this game? Ugh. 😑

forensgrad23
12-27-16, 08:03 PM
Unbelievable! Pansies offered the week between Christmas and New Year's??? I sure am saving a lot of money on gems I'm not purchasing anymore because of the terrible updates. They ignored Thanksgiving, barely acknowledged Christmas (if you wanted new items) and now they're skipping New Year's. RS makes me feel spoiled. For Christmas we had so many flooring options at great prices and updates that fit the season. BS is quickly losing my interest! Won't even be considering this crate until it's old enough to be bought half off.

TheLadyRachel
12-27-16, 08:37 PM
I don't think they design anything anymore. They just have a stock of items that they roll out every week. I'm pleased that it's a crate as I won't be buying anything.

You're absolutely right, this is exactly what it looks like. It's very disheartening. A lot of us spend money on BS and while that is entirely our choice, they could respect that choice by offering decent weekly content.

slayer7000
12-27-16, 10:28 PM
THIS. Why can't they just listen to us? We give them so many suggestions and they use none of it and give us this random crate...
Unbelievable! Pansies offered the week between Christmas and New Year's??? I sure am saving a lot of money on gems I'm not purchasing anymore because of the terrible updates. They ignored Thanksgiving, barely acknowledged Christmas (if you wanted new items) and now they're skipping New Year's. RS makes me feel spoiled. For Christmas we had so many flooring options at great prices and updates that fit the season. BS is quickly losing my interest! Won't even be considering this crate until it's old enough to be bought half off.

CuteTali
12-27-16, 11:19 PM
This is so not suitable for this time of the year. I was expecting something Hanukkah related or New Year Eve related, not spring.

WILDFL0WER
12-28-16, 05:23 AM
I'm worried because I don't seem to like any of their images or new crates and I love this game the furniture images are okay but the people and other things I just do not like ...I wish I did even if it's not the right time for this particular stuff if I liked it I wouldn't care when they put it out I would want it but that's just not happening

ruskpaels
12-28-16, 05:58 AM
What are they thinking? However, I'm glad this is a crate so I can just ignore it. I've spent all my gems on the Black Friday and Christmas sales.

toosweet33
12-28-16, 06:50 AM
Yet another let down by the Bakery Story team. At least Restaurant Story is keeping up with the seasons, and holidays! I was looking at some of the old stuff in my storage, and they used to put out such cute stuff... but not anymore. It's getting pretty ridiculous y'all. Hopefully 2017 will be a better year for this game!

ddgrebe
12-28-16, 10:03 AM
I'm not a fan of this new update. It's still winter. Why can't we get a New Years update?

kat8rose
12-28-16, 10:18 AM
Epic fail in BS for 2016. This is another afterthought, I am guessing. Getting rid of what they have before they get rid of the game, perhaps? S8 sure doesn't seem interested in pleasing their customers in this game, so ... hope there is improvement in 2017.

Maybe they have been meaning to reflect crazy, unpredictable climate change?

HAPPY NEW YEAR! HOPE IT'S PEACEFUL, HEALTHY, and PROSPEROUS!

slayer7000
12-28-16, 11:54 AM
What even... s8 needs some new years resolutions

AnnirasSweets
12-28-16, 03:11 PM
I've been playing BS since 2012 and I've seen a steady decline over the years. It's truly disheartening that a game I once spent all my free time on can now barely hold my interest.

I can almost talk myself into believing that the price hikes and gem pushing is on par with rising prices seen everywhere else life. But I just can't abide paying the higher costs for items that are a mere shadow of what was once offered.

I used to get genuinely excited for holiday updates because everything was so lovely to look at. They were well drawn and beautifully detailed; something I would like in real life. Now the items all look like something out of my child's coloring book in my opinion. I might not be so upset if things were like this from the beginning: then it would just be game I didn't like visually. My upset is because I loved the way it started and just keep fruitlessly wishing BS would make a return to its roots visually and creatively.

slayer7000
12-28-16, 04:26 PM
Second week in a row i have bought nothing.

pipipooh1977
12-28-16, 10:33 PM
This crate sucks! Between high gem ovens and off season crates, this game blows! I especially don't want horses in my bakery...do I serve their pies as food? Gross!

saritadawn
12-29-16, 10:41 AM
Good day everyone I agree we should have a newyears update.

Scawr
12-30-16, 06:54 AM
It makes sense to bring out designs a season ahead of their time {if anyone, like myself, knows anything about fashion}. However, S8 did not do this ahead of any previous events ie. Halloween, Christmas or even New Year, so I doubt this is an attempt to be more organised, & more to do with how random they apear to have always been.

Oh well.. this design is definitely not for me.

kayjco
12-30-16, 06:30 PM
I like some of this, but it's really not the best time for Spring things. Most people are buried in snow and since it's winter - and New Year - people are focused on holidays. Next will be St. Valentine's and then St. Patrick's.

Also not a huge fan of crates. I bought one in Testaurant Story hoping for absolutely anything but the snowflake snow globe and OF COURSE I got the snowflake snow globe. That's my luck! 😱

I'd rather just be able to buy what I want. I'm skipping crates from now on unless I want every single thing in them and will be happy with whatever I get.

kayjco
12-30-16, 06:30 PM
Some of that really is very pretty, though!

I LOVE THE SWISS CAKE ROLL!!!! 🍥💝🍥💛🍥💗🎉

AnnirasSweets
05-15-18, 05:37 AM
For Rynetory2

I missed the first congratulations screen when I won a 4th prize "Pansy Pitcher" but figured I'd include a pic of it on display.

The pansy tea display is the only item that is 2x2, everything else is 1x1.

Rynetory2
05-15-18, 07:53 PM
For Rynetory2

I missed the first congratulations screen when I won a 4th prize "Pansy Pitcher" but figured I'd include a pic of it on display.

The pansy tea display is the only item that is 2x2, everything else is 1x1.

Many thanks for your generous help! :D I've added them to the Master Box Guide with credits to you.