PDA

View Full Version : Great Gifts Leaderboard December 22 2016

kooky panda
12-21-16, 12:45 PM
https://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/Mobile%20Uploads/1804789A-0BD5-46AE-A3BE-9D8B092EC256_zpsgrexti4q.png (https://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1804789A-0BD5-46AE-A3BE-9D8B092EC256_zpsgrexti4q.png.html)

New Leaderboard Event- Starting December 22 2016

Milestone prizes:

Santa's Village - 1,300 points

Winter Wonderland - 3,000 points

Candy Cane Dragon - 5,000 points

Mistletoe Dragon - 7,000 points

Snow Globe Dragon - 8,000 points

Tree Topper Dragon - 9,000 points

Grand Prize:

Giving Dragon - 1st & 2nd Place

harobeda
12-21-16, 12:49 PM
The powers that be do realize that most people are super busy over Christmas, right? They're laying the events on thick right now!

lenasdinner
12-21-16, 12:58 PM
new event update on thursday?? what's next?

love the dragons,very cute and nice,but i don't know how am I gonna deal with it when dargon tale is still on......

Scangelina
12-21-16, 01:03 PM
We're really getting an update tomorrow?! Is this right? Which is the 1st Prize dragon? I know it says tree topper dragon, but I can't tell if it's the white one in the background or the pink one. I guess I'll know tomorrow.

Edit: Nevermind. It says the Giving, Snow Globe & Tree Topper await the winner. So do all three of those only go to the winners or are they milestones?

Bastiaan0
12-21-16, 01:03 PM

love the dragons,very cute and nice,but i don't know how am I gonna deal with it it when dargon tale is still on......

I was wondering exactly the same...

ksbmommy
12-21-16, 01:04 PM
Oh, those are adorable. I'm glad we're staying home and I won't be too busy to do this one.

zaaracake
12-21-16, 01:05 PM
Oh! They're adorable, I want them ALL, even the trophy. Slobber and drool...I'm totally gonna skip the dragon tales to *try to* do this!

EDIT....I've just come to a thoroughly unpleasant realization. Feels just like walking into a glass door that you know has always been there...
-----begin-----
I'm not gonna be able to play Xmas to NYE. No time, and more importantly, no/dodgy internet where I'll be going. Eurrgh.
I'm simply not gonna be able to finish this event. I knew and yet I let myself forget...and covet and...
Oh worms!
----end of vent----(I love this community)
PS: My best to all those who are gonna try. I'll come visit y'all and ogle your dragons.
I know this is totally stupid but I feel like apologizing to the dragons (I swear I'm sane+I know they're pixels) and their creators for not playing this one thru to the end, you know? Cuz they're just sooooo...SO worth every minute of the effort. And this post is not just to moan but to say so, you know? Definitely also to say so. I hope my cribbing doesn't get get people feeling down. I hope everyone who can, really tries hard for these.
Happy Holidays, @all.

zaaracake
12-21-16, 01:06 PM
@ksbmommy, touch? e yep...ADORABLE is certainly the mot juste.

lenasdinner
12-21-16, 01:07 PM
I was wondering exactly the same...

hahaha,are we having an update on friday too??:confused:

PinkBubbles75
12-21-16, 01:07 PM
These dragons look adorable! I hope I can win atleast 1! I'm not doing the tales so atleast that'll be one less thing to focus on :)

Bastiaan0
12-21-16, 01:10 PM
hahaha,are we having an update on friday too??:confused:

I actually put The Dark One in the evolution temple today as preperation for an event on friday, not tomorrow :(

amerirish
12-21-16, 01:17 PM
I actually put The Dark One in the evolution temple today as preperation for an event on friday, not tomorrow :(

I took The Dark One off the nest today because I figured we wouldn't get anything new until next Tuesday and couldn't tie up a nest for that long. Goodbye over 200 LB points right off the bat to me.

This is ridiculous....why the heck are they piling one thing on top of another on top of another on top of another, etc.?????? Especially this time of year? So stupid :mad:

lenasdinner
12-21-16, 01:20 PM

I'm still waiting for The Dark One to craft,dident think that will any event start before DT ends. totally loosing one nest for leaderboard,because Winter is waiting to hatch for DT:( ahhh I'm not even mad,thay just don't let us to make any plan for this game.....

ksbmommy
12-21-16, 01:23 PM
I did the same with my crusader, trying to be ready for Friday. Had a feeling one was coming. Oh well, getting all the nests ready. Finally get to feed my dragons and get some of the longer ones evolved.

lenasdinner
12-21-16, 01:26 PM
I took The Dark One off the nest today because I figured we wouldn't get anything new until next Tuesday and couldn't tie up a nest for that long. Goodbye over 200 LB points right off the bat to me.

This is ridiculous....why the heck are they piling one thing on top of another on top of another on top of another, etc.?????? Especially this time of year? So stupid :mad:

well hon, thay just love to messed up our game.I was waiting for Tuesday too

Bastiaan0
12-21-16, 01:35 PM
On the other hand, I just realized that on my second account my precious first Diamond will hatch 37 minutes prior to the start of the fleaderboard :) It'll be 37 agonizing minutes, but I will survive :p

Florr06
12-21-16, 01:58 PM
I love these dragons but I hardly ever get past ~4,000 points which means the final few milestone prizes are out of reach and most of the time the first prize as well. :(

Florr06
12-21-16, 02:00 PM
On the other hand, I just realized that on my second account my precious first Diamond will hatch 37 minutes prior to the start of the fleaderboard :) It'll be 37 agonizing minutes, but I will survive :p

That's convenient ;)

starship412
12-21-16, 02:02 PM
Well isn't this cute, another ************ aka Fundraiser event. I already know I won't get the grand prize because I'm always put into groups that like to boost like crazy and it's sad that players have to look at it like this. Hopefully the milestone prizes won't be a bunch of repeats unless they're good repeats.

belarica
12-21-16, 02:13 PM
Happy holidays everyone!!!!! :rolleyes:

Exeroth
12-21-16, 02:20 PM
Love all of the dragons, but the timing of this couldn't be worse. A tournament, Dragon Tales (which for me has been especially taxing for food,) and a whole bunch of highly anticipated habitats all at once. I spend money on this game frequently- but this is CHRISTMAS, dude. I gotta buy real life presents for real life people- where am I going to find $50+ to spend on the habitats and boosts?! This isn't fair. Again, I love the dragons, but I just don't think I can afford to do everything this time around.
Happy Holidays... :/

jaymieb2
12-21-16, 02:47 PM
Oooh! I hope last year's Giftwrap Dragon is one of the milestones! And a habitat!!!

Honestly, it doesn't really seem to matter when events overlap for me... I am logging on more to do the battles, anyway. Can't craft The Dark One until my Tale is complete. And I already grow food, breed, hatch, evolve, and battle on a regilar day. The bingo does impact some of my choices, but I refresh them or complete a line to get tasks more in line with my gameplay.

At least I will get credit on the Leaderboard for my hungry Tale dragons! :-)

Natasha_07
12-21-16, 02:51 PM
Man I'm hoping we get 2 Christmas habitats, okay I know I'm asking too much. :)

kooky panda
12-21-16, 03:29 PM

love the dragons,very cute and nice,but i don't know how am I gonna deal with it it when dargon tale is still on......

The update coming out on Thursday is probably because of the Holiday coming up. Most US businesses close on Friday and Monday for Christmas.
( I know my office will be closed !! LOL).

lenasdinner
12-21-16, 04:13 PM
Oooh! I hope last year's Giftwrap Dragon is one of the milestones! And a habitat!!!

Honestly, it doesn't really seem to matter when events overlap for me... I am logging on more to do the battles, anyway. Can't craft The Dark One until my Tale is complete. And I already grow food, breed, hatch, evolve, and battle on a regilar day. The bingo does impact some of my choices, but I refresh them or complete a line to get tasks more in line with my gameplay.

At least I will get credit on the Leaderboard for my hungry Tale dragons! :-)

ohhhh this diden't cross my mind...will wait to raise Frozen at 14 lvl tomorow when update starts,planty time to finish ch 7 after that,because I don't have a thing on my nests that will bring me some huge points. thank you so much:)

amerirish
12-22-16, 11:35 AM
Milestone prizes:

Santa's Village - 1,300 points

Winter Wonderland - 3,000 points

Candy Cane Dragon - 5,000 points

Mistletoe Dragon - 7,000 points

Snow Globe Dragon - 8,000 points

Tree Topper Dragon - 9,000 points

Grand Prize:

Giving Dragon - 1st & 2nd Place

starship412
12-22-16, 02:05 PM
The Candy Cane dragon I was *****ed out of from last year's world event is among the milestones, Yay!

luckyaa7
12-22-16, 03:04 PM
I like giving but doubt i will get it..

Florr06
12-22-16, 03:44 PM
Love the habitats! I'm hoping to get Candy Cane although I never get to 5000, we'll see :)

SassyRum
12-22-16, 05:53 PM
These are awesome milestone gifts!!! Thank you Storm8!!! Plus the free Storm8 dragon! Pretty great if u ask me! Plenty of time to accomplish goals even after Holiday!!

docpaine
12-22-16, 08:03 PM
Gee billy, how come your game gives you /two/ fairly attainable habitats?

Joking aside, love the milestones! And the prize dragon, it's so cute! (Plus I'm a sucker for the taur base ones...)

katali119
12-23-16, 02:57 AM
I'm confused. I'm on under 500 points, even though I have 2 temples, 2 nests, and 7 biggest farms. The leader on my board has over 1000 points, even though they have 1 nest, 1 temple, a firestorm egg on their nest and nothing on their breeding den, 3 small farms, 3 large and one largest. How can they have that many points? I mean, I would love to win the giving dragon, but more to the point, I would love to get the milestones, and I see no way of making more than about 5000 points, including any spin the wheel points.

Florr06
12-23-16, 03:35 AM
I'm confused. I'm on under 500 points, even though I have 2 temples, 2 nests, and 7 biggest farms. The leader on my board has over 1000 points, even though they have 1 nest, 1 temple, a firestorm egg on their nest and nothing on their breeding den, 3 small farms, 3 large and one largest. How can they have that many points? I mean, I would love to win the giving dragon, but more to the point, I would love to get the milestones, and I see no way of making more than about 5000 points, including any spin the wheel points.
1 word - gold :(

katali119
12-23-16, 05:54 AM
Definitely gold, cos now there's still no dragons on the den, but a rainbow egg in the nest lol. Oddly it hadn't occurred to me. I just assumed that if someone was going to use gold, they'd have bought the extra nest and temple because that's what I did! I wonder what is the most efficient use of gold to get all the milestones?

ksbmommy
12-23-16, 07:15 AM

Food and gold. I'm at 6k points plus already.

I started the tourney with a 44 hour crusader ready to come off the temple, 4 nests ready to go 3 of them super/rare, then on the isles, evolution was ready, one needing to be hatched (rare) and another ready to go behind it. Then I fed up my Valiant to a 15, fed my Huntress up with as much food that I had left, then fed dragons on the isles. I did all of this with the gold boost activated.

I will boost again once the dark one is done evolving, making sure all the nests, dens, food etc are good to go at that time for maximum points. Crossing my fingers for boosted breeding this weekend, the bonus points for ultra/super/rare can really help.

Lots of people doing tales and having to feed dragons to a 14 and 13 - lots of food and a fair amount of LB points to generated.

stevenlee2905
12-25-16, 08:16 AM
IMO, the grand prize, Giving Dragon, looks very similar to Mama dragon...

roguebee
12-26-16, 10:09 PM

Another possibility (that's more socially acceptable) was a large store of apples. 500,000 apples would give you 1000 points...

katali119
12-27-16, 04:46 AM
Thanks Roguebee, is it not acceptable to use gold then? They might, but as I mentioned the farms, they really don't have the ability to make that much food without gold. They're currently on over 6000 points, well ahead of my current 2nd at nearly 3000. I don't mind them using gold, I was just being a little slow that day and hadn't thought of it :)

katali119
12-27-16, 09:42 AM
I see. Seems like lots of people on the forum also have gpd though? So are getting gold for free at this point. They also seem to have items which cost gold, such as extra nests, dens, temples etc. Many of them also appear to be on the "i" whatever, thus having the arctic isles which also gives an unfair advantage over android players. What's the difference in all of that and spending money on gold?

roguebee
12-29-16, 12:47 PM
I see. Seems like lots of people on the forum also have gpd though? So are getting gold for free at this point. They also seem to have items which cost gold, such as extra nests, dens, temples etc. Many of them also appear to be on the "i" whatever, thus having the arctic isles which also gives an unfair advantage over android players. What's the difference in all of that and spending money on gold?

There really isn't any difference. The comment was used more tongue in cheek. There is a lot more gold spent on these events than you would think from posts on the forums. Why else would they continue to roll them out?

katali119
12-29-16, 01:57 PM
Lol yes I believe that.

DR0G0N
12-29-16, 09:29 PM
Greeeeeaaaaaaat....I just realize that this is the leaderboard with the most amount of points needed for the last milestone (the previous ones are less than 9000 points.) But I believe this one have extra days if I'm correct.

Uh...yea...the first leaderboard I decided to go for the last milestone ended up being the most points in all leaderboard history.

With the 1.5 boost activated, a lil less than 300k of apples used got me about 1000 points (including hatching two 12 hours dragon and finish evolving a 3 hour life). Huh...that amount of apples is pretty close to the amount of apples needed to complete a Dragon Tale. Wow...this is obviously harder than DT.

You would need more than 2 nests, 1 den, and 2 temples to reach the milestone without gold, b/c even with those I am struggling. I tend to usually get a lil over 5k points at the end of the leaderboard with 1 den, 2 nests, 2 temples, and being on Android. That gets me only the 1st dragon and barely the last chest.

This event is really for the riches or people who have more than 2 nests, 1 den, and 2 temples.

katali119
12-30-16, 02:47 AM
Yes. It definitely requires either gold, copious amounts of food, or being very lucky every single time you spin the wheel. Just the buildings are not enough to get you even half way there. Oh lucky breeding would also help, as would having had a diamond ready to finish in all your buildings right at the start. It would be a little fairer if they only counted hours from the actual start of the event.

PineapplePigeon
12-30-16, 10:03 PM
Exactly! Luckily ive been able to stay in 1st since the beginning with a solid 500 points, but im still 2k away from a dragon! I like the habitats, but i would prefer the beautiful Tree Topper and Snow Globe :( Theyre all so cute, i really hope i can pull thru and get them!

olgatt
12-31-16, 04:36 PM
I'm nearly there.
One den, nest & temple. I use boost- 7 gold once a day. It gives me around 700 pts average per day.12 days *700= 8400 pts + wheel bonus worked for me this time.

DR0G0N
12-31-16, 08:08 PM
I'm nearly there.
One den, nest & temple. I use boost- 7 gold once a day. It gives me around 700 pts average per day.12 days *700= 8400 pts + wheel bonus worked for me this time.

Wow, you doing really good! :D

Must be really lucky with your spins.

Lol, with my 2 temple, 2 nests, and a den, I'm just barely reaching 7k. But then again I didn't boost everyday, only 4 times atm (3 x 1.5 boost and 1 x 2 boost = about 50 golds atm) Didn't speed or anything. Just feed and used up about 400k apples.

Not really experienced with leaderboard, so maybe that's my problem. Not boosting everyday. :-/

On the other hand, my fellow players with 1 den, 1 nest, and 1 temple, did possibly more than 4 times x 2 boosts (so about 120 golds) and reaching barely 6k points atm. Hmm...

olgatt
01-01-17, 04:01 AM
It says few days in advance that there will be a new Leaderboard event...So...I put Air & light together in the den aiming for "Sunrise Dragon / White/Yellow/" 24h.
It is common so you now, I've got it 7-8 times in a row this event. Then on the Arctic Isles I do aim for Blizzard, it gives you extra points for rare, super rare.Then I calibrate the timing to finish evolving, hatching & breeding at the same time.
And I manage to get 3*72/216/ +2*44/88/+2*12/24/+12=340*1.5 boost=510 total. Then I do up to 4-5 wheel spins along with hatching Blizzards /44pts every 4h/. Wheel gives me 30 to 70 pts , and fortunately it gave me only about 8 times path stones/decor, which is lucky. At the end of the day I've got at least 700pts. Forgot to mention that I started this event with Virtue ready in the nest and Evo, Dоuble boost and about 200k apples, so for starter I got 800p/spent just the half apples/. I don't participate in dragon tales so really don't bother about the missions there. From the Bingo time to time I got speed ups. This is useful if you want to readjust your timing. Usually for me as well 5000 to 6K pts is top in previous LDB events.
Good luck and Happy new 2017.

DR0G0N
01-01-17, 05:23 AM
It says few days in advance that there will be a new Leaderboard event...So...I put Air & light together in the den aiming for "Sunrise Dragon / White/Yellow/" 24h.
It is common so you now, I've got it 7-8 times in a row this event. Then on the Arctic Isles I do aim for Blizzard, it gives you extra points for rare, super rare.Then I calibrate the timing to finish evolving, hatching & breeding at the same time.
And I manage to get 3*72/216/ +2*44/88/+2*12/24/+12=340*1.5 boost=510 total. Then I do up to 4-5 wheel spins along with hatching Blizzards /44pts every 4h/. Wheel gives me 30 to 70 pts , and fortunately it gave me only about 8 times path stones/decor, which is lucky. At the end of the day I've got at least 700pts. Forgot to mention that I started this event with Virtue ready in the nest and Evo, Diuble boost and about 200k apples, so for starter I got 800p/spent just the half apples/. I don't participate in dragon tales so really don't bother about the missions there. From the Bingo time to time I got speed ups. This is useful if you want to readjust your timing. Usually for me as well 5000 to 6K pts is top in previous LDB events.

I see now...lol, once again the difference play field of Android and iOS. No Arctic isle for Android.

But anyways, good job to you being able to calculate things to finish breeding , hatching, and evolving at the same time. It helps maximizes the time usage. I did thought about wanting to do that, but I wanted to continue trying to breed a diamond instead of wasting the boost breed weekend on a common. But still a good strategy and I appreciate you sharing. :]

Also, unlike most people I didn't boost at the beginning to get a head start, just so I could earn a few extra points in the spin to win. Didn't really do me any good though since its base on luck. :-/

And I kinda wasted time waiting for things to finish before boosting (wanted to get the most out of a single boost). And see how far I could go with little to no boost, but apparently not very far...>_>

9krm
01-01-17, 03:05 PM
I have 2 nests and 1 den and have about 5200 points. I have spent 7 gold (couldn't resist since my Dark One was ready) and used about 250k food. I am not interested in winning; I play for the milestones I like. In this case, I really wanted the two habitats. I'm still breeding and hatching as usual, but don't plan to spend anything extra, since I got what I wanted. To me, that's the best way to approach these events.

bakerystoe
01-01-17, 07:16 PM
Just got Snow Globe! Now just ahead for tree topper:)) 2 days may might enough for me!!! Sadly my food runs out today;(

temecee
01-02-17, 02:19 AM
I have the dark one in the nest (with one ore hour to go) and with everything else going normally I hope to get Snow Globe pretty soon. I don't have much hope for Tree Topper. But I do hope to at least stay on 5th where I am right now.

Florr06
01-02-17, 09:11 AM
I reached Candy Cane, have no hope for Mistletoe as I'd have to collect 1300 points in 24 hours. I'm 1st, over 1000 points ahead of 2nd, so it looks like I have a really good chance to get the Giving dragon :) I boosted when I had The Dark One and a Tricorn ready to hatch and a 23hr evolution and 15hr breed ready to finish. I also fed my Guardian Angel up to 11 and Dark Prime Chrono and Marshmallow up to 10. That gave me a huge number of points.

starship412
01-02-17, 11:28 PM
I'm tired of being lumped into groups where there's not even a chance to win because of folks who do gold all the time. I thought I'd play their game and do likewise but, no, I'm not spending my hard earned money anymore for bad groupings S8 pull with every ************/Fundraiser event. Don't worry you won't see another dime from me nor any help in the tournament threads. I'm done.

hungryres
01-03-17, 03:01 AM
i usually finishes at around 3rd to 5th place.
this time since i was out of town for two days. i did not even bother trying to have my nest occupied all the time. but still, i am currently sitting at 3rd place again in my group..... not cool. i was planning to give up this round , hoping i will be grouped with lower score players next round.

wondering how they group the players...

bakerystoe
01-03-17, 06:59 AM
In the recent 3 leaderboards I always in the hard one:( I hope I can still get the third place:) I got the tree topper and head to bed soon after 12 days of hard work:)

newzealander
01-03-17, 11:13 AM
And I manage to get 3*72/216/ +2*44/88/+2*12/24/+12=340*1.5 boost=510 total. Then I do up to 4-5 wheel spins along with hatching Blizzards /44pts every 4h/. Wheel gives me 30 to 70 pts , and fortunately it gave me only about 8 times path stones/decor, which is lucky. At the end of the day I've got at least 700pts. Forgot to mention that I started this event with Virtue ready in the nest and Evo, Dоuble boost and about 200k apples, so for starter I got 800p/spent just the half apples/. I don't participate in dragon tales so really don't bother about the missions there. From the Bingo time to time I got speed ups. This is useful if you want to readjust your timing. Usually for me as well 5000 to 6K pts is top in previous LDB events.
Wow - that sounds incredibly dedicated and organised! My tactic? Bash along as always, and hope for the odd Ultra rare to liven things up. Can't say it's as guaranteed as the method above, but it allows time for an amazing Christmas, chaotically fun New Years Eve, and a bit of shopping in between 😉
Happy New Year, Dragon Folk.

byteme77
01-03-17, 11:17 AM
Was happy to be 3rd or below but decided to spend some gold and try a last hour dash for 1st35210

amerirish
01-03-17, 11:57 AM
Congrats to the winners! I finished 5th after holding 4th pretty steadily. Oh well, I never expect to win these things. Only won once by a sheer fluke of luck.

EmmaLedger95
01-03-17, 11:59 AM
The first place winner had over 40,000 points on my LB. They boosted every time and only had 2 nests and 1 breeding roost. I cannot imagine the amount of money they spent, it surely would have been cheaper to buy the dragon outright. I sometimes wonder if these people don't realize how the LB truly works. I just feel sorry for them at this point, all that money down the drain for one dragon that doesn't even produce gold. Crazy...

saghaven
01-03-17, 12:00 PM
Just slid into 4th place after two eggs hatched in the last 5 minutes. 3 - 15 were all barely 500 points of each other. #2 had more than 700 points more than #3 and #1 had 2300 points more than #2. SMDH

katali119
01-03-17, 12:13 PM
I got 2nd place with 7600ish points, 1st had just under 10000, 3rd was about 400 behind me. Sad I didn't get the last 2 dragons on the individual, but that would've cost a lot more gold and I wasn't that sad lol. Glad I made it this time though, last time someone pipped me to 2nd in the last couple minutes of the thing, and I don't like leaving it that late after the various events that finish 15 minutes early unexpectedly lol.

Scangelina
01-03-17, 12:27 PM
Has anyone else not received their prizes for the leaderboard event❓

PineapplePigeon
01-03-17, 02:27 PM
Yay got first! Im surprised it wasn't a lot more competitive, I only had about 5.7k. Im upset I didnt get the beautiful SnowGlobe Dragon :/ But its ok my beautiful Giving is in the nest!

docpaine
01-03-17, 02:41 PM
I fought hard to win this one... really wanted that Giving Dragon and managed to squeeze enough food out of the mine to put me at just over 7k before I went to sleep, and I got first place! :D just gotta wait a day or so to get this diamond outta my nest... :')

jensterjen1
01-03-17, 02:51 PM
Has anyone else not received their prizes for the leaderboard event❓

I haven't and I got in 1st place. Wondering if it'll come or if I have to email someone....

Edited: nvm, they just popped up on my screen! I'm happy!