View Full Version : Winter Wonderland Event! - Dec 22, 2016

[S8] Regina
12-21-16, 04:56 PM
WINTER WORLD EVENT!

Requires level 17+ | Minimum game version is iOS 2.3

https://imgur.com/b2fEfMA.png

Rynetory2
12-21-16, 08:38 PM
Winter Wonderland Event Minimum level is 17 for participation. This is a World Event.
Have fun and enjoy your event! Rynetory2 :D

Please use Farm 2: Buy/Sell (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76146-Farm-2-Buy-Sell) thread for sale of event items.
Any buy/sell posts in this thread will be removed. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Update:

The Search and Rescue Team has found your naughty trees hiding in the forest. They have been returned to your farms. Please get your Frosty White Tree from cellar. :D

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Event/Winter%20Wonderland%20Event/IMG_2676_zps7vcgeill.jpeg

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Event/Winter%20Wonderland%20Event/IMG_2685_zpshjca4wmq.jpeg

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248488&viewfull=1#post1248488

Getting Started
1. Get a Gingerbread Castle from the Market to start collecting Gingerbread People
2. Send deliveries to earn upgrade parts like Candy Canes, Royal Icing and Gumdrops
3. Upgrade your Gingerbread Castle with these parts to ear higher amounts of Gingerbread People
4. Collect Gingerbread People to unlock awesome prizes!

Event Prizes
Please continue to collect your gingerbread people even after winning your individual prizes. We need everyone to chip in for the community prizes. :)

Individual Prizes:
First Prize: Star Cookie Tree : 50 gingerbread people
Second Prize: Gingerbread Sheep (skin) : 250 gingerbread people
Third Prize: Reindeer of Lights x2 : 500 gingerbread people
Fourth Prize: Gingerbread Pig (skin) : 1,000 gingerbread people
Fifth Prize: Gingerbread Pony : 2,000 gingerbread people

Community Prizes:
(unlocks at 300 - meaning once you have collected 300 gingerbread people, you are eligible for community prizes.)
First Prize: Tree of Lights : 25,000,000 gingerbread people
Second Prize: Nutcracker Soldier : 100,000,000 gingerbread people
Third Prize: Frosty White Tree : 250,000,000 gingerbread people
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Event/Winter%20Wonderland%20Event/IMG_2680_zpswyrvhdbc.jpeg

Upgrade Information
There are altogether 15 stages. Collection interval is 3 hrs for all stages.
Stage 1 gives 4 gingerbread people
To upgrade to Stage 2 requires 1 of each upgrade part - gives 8 gingerbread people
To upgrade to Stage 3 requires 2 of each upgrade part - gives 12 gingerbread people
To upgrade to Stage 4 requires 3 of each upgrade part - gives 16 gingerbread people
To upgrade to Stage 5 requires 4 of each upgrade part - gives 20 gingerbread people
To upgrade to Stage 6 requires 5 of each upgrade part - gives 24 gingerbread people
To upgrade to Stage 7 requires 7 of each upgrade part - gives 28 gingerbread people
To upgrade to Stage 8 requires 9 of each upgrade part - gives 32 gingerbread people
To upgrade to Stage 9 requires 11 of each upgrade part - gives 36 gingerbread people
To upgrade to Stage 10 requires 13 of each upgrade part - gives 40 gingerbread people
To upgrade to Stage 11 requires 15 of each upgrade part - gives 44 gingerbread people
To upgrade to Stage 12 requires 17 of each upgrade part - gives 48 gingerbread people
To upgrade to Stage 13 requires 20 of each upgrade part - gives 52 gingerbread people
To upgrade to Stage 14 requires 25 of each upgrade part - gives 56 gingerbread people
To upgrade to Stage 15 requires 30 of each upgrade part - gives 60 gingerbread people

To see which stage your event building is at, click on the it and a caption will appear at the bottom right of your screen. To upgrade your event building, click on it and click [Upgrade] button at the bottom of your screen.

Event Boost
Gingerbread Tree

Goals
Goal 1 of 6: Winter Wonderland!
Get a Gingerbread Castle (from Market)
REWARDS: 130 coins, 28 xps

Goal 2 of 6:
Send 3 Deliveries
Upgrade the Gingerbread Castle x1
Collect Gingerbread People x20
REWARDS: 130 coins, 28 xps, 5 Royal Icing

Goal 3 of 6:
Collect Gingerbread People x40
Upgrade the Gingerbread Castle to Level 5
REWARDS: 130 coins, 28 xps, 4 Gingerbread paths

Goal 4 of 6:
Upgrade Gingerbread Castle to Level 9
REWARDS: 130 coins, 28 xps, 100 gingerbread people

Goal 5 of 6:
Upgrade Gingerbread Castle to Level 12
REWARDS: 130 coins, 28 xps, 6 Gingerbread path

Goal 6 of 6:
Upgrade Gingerbread Castle to Level 15
REWARDS: 260 coins, 56 xps, 200 gingerbread people

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Event/Winter%20Wonderland%20Event/IMG_2677_zpsragsoqm3.jpeg

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Event/Winter%20Wonderland%20Event/IMG_2678_zpsosqyne0g.jpeg

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Event/Winter%20Wonderland%20Event/IMG_2687_zpsui33osfb.jpeg

Side Goal
Tasty Tinsel & Timber
Get a Gingerbread Tree x1
Chop the Gingerbread Tree x1
REWARDS: 10 gems

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Event/Winter%20Wonderland%20Event/IMG_2679_zps5iy9hvgd.jpeg

judyandthecat
12-22-16, 03:52 PM
What a lovely castle can't wait to see it upgraded.
If that is the picture at bottom it is a beauty!

chaarlikar
12-22-16, 03:54 PM
So I have the castle and the goal to upgrade but when you click on it it doesn't give you option to upgrade?

judyandthecat
12-22-16, 04:00 PM
So I have the castle and the goal to upgrade but when you click on it it doesn't give you option to upgrade?

Force close.. I have the option first upgrade is one each of
Gum drops
Royal icing
Mini candy cane

mearro
12-22-16, 04:03 PM
That is not a gem pony, right?

Lilliepaddd
12-22-16, 04:29 PM
Are there trees to buy for cash to chop?
We should have had this earlier instead of the ducks which is more spring like.
Cute items but missing snow!

PatchofHeaven71
12-22-16, 06:09 PM
Where is the snow and winter theme this event keeps referring to? No snow or decorations like normal this time of year for Farm Story is very disappointing!!!!! Also I agree with Lilliepaddd there should be trees for cash like there has always been for the Christmas or Winter event.

Lilliepaddd
12-22-16, 06:31 PM
Where is the snow and winter theme this event keeps referring to? No snow or decorations like normal this time of year for Farm Story is very disappointing!!!!! Also I agree with Lilliepaddd there should be trees for cash like there has always been for the Christmas or Winter event.

I'm NOT using gems for every axe!!! Really TL?!? And it's Christmas who has the time? geeze!

raissawinda
12-22-16, 06:54 PM
I want that Reindeer of Lights so bad but what can I do since I'm playing on android now... :(

leysanne
12-23-16, 12:43 AM
My castle is at stage 4 now & gives me 16 gingerbread people ... it needed 3 each of candy canes, royal icing & gumdrops to get to here. To upgrade to stage 5 will require 4 of each upgrade part & then i will be able to collect 20 gingerbread people from it. Sorry i was unable to load the photo i took ... it always says upload failed when i try :(

Edit: To upgrade the castle to level 6 requires 5 of each upgrade part. It will then give 24 gingerbread people upon collection.

lennumber1
12-23-16, 07:14 AM
Is the reindeer of lights an animal or a decoration?

driver1711
12-23-16, 07:32 AM
I can not see what level I am at. I see the caption "Gingerbread Castle (Lev.." and no more. Running FS2 2.6.2 on an iPad Mini iOS 9.3.5. I assume I am on stage 2 since it gives 8 Gingerbread people. I just now clicked on upgrade and when I exit that, it does show the whole Level.

ghjvcucjb
12-23-16, 11:20 AM
I can not see what level I am at. I see the caption "Gingerbread Castle (Lev.." and no more. Running FS2 2.6.2 on an iPad Mini iOS 9.3.5. I assume I am on stage 2 since it gives 8 Gingerbread people. I just now clicked on upgrade and when I exit that, it does show the whole Level.

If you tap your castle once, the name and level will appear in tiny words on your right hand corner of your screen. Tap only once so you don't accidentally spend gems. Then tap somewhere else after you see your level, again to avoid accidentally spending gems

ghjvcucjb
12-23-16, 11:21 AM
Yesterday my game blipped, now there's no stormy in my newspaper.

ghjvcucjb
12-23-16, 11:28 AM
2nd community prize is a gingerbread cow skin and requires 250 gingerbread people

dizzle507
12-23-16, 12:54 PM
Looks like another terrible luck of the drop event. Always one thing that doesn't drop for deliveries on these challenges, and the drop rate is terrible. So far I've upgraded twice, since then I have 0 candy canes, 10+ each of gum drop and frosting. Sent well over 100 deliveries so far

Mamatampa
12-23-16, 01:22 PM
:confused:

griffithpack
12-23-16, 02:29 PM
I've tried numerous times to get the level to show up, but the words "gingerbread castle (lev... " are all that tiny space can hold! Just have to keep track myself....

yppahc
12-23-16, 03:43 PM
Is the reindeer of lights an animal or a decoration?

You get two 1x1 animated decorations. They are really nice and I like the fact they don't take too much room up.

1,000 needed for the pig skins.

tigarlilyvol
12-23-16, 04:21 PM
I've tried numerous times to get the level to show up, but the words "gingerbread castle (lev... " are all that tiny space can hold! Just have to keep track myself....

Visited on my second account, it said level 5 hope this helps

driver1711
12-23-16, 04:40 PM
Visited on my second account, it said level 5 hope this helps

I found that if you click on upgrade and exit the pop up, you will get a readable level.

lydiahin
12-23-16, 04:57 PM
I have not seen any candy canes drop at all, have plenty gumdrops and icing but no candy cane, typical, always 1 thing they want you to spend your money on....

DragonManda
12-23-16, 08:09 PM
I'm experiencing the same thing -- I've got plenty of frosting and gumdrops to upgrade several times at once, but I can't get the candy canes to drop.

griffithpack
12-23-16, 08:38 PM
Thank you!

darkmornings
12-24-16, 04:33 AM
I was wondering the progress of other players. My castle is currently at lvl 7 with no recent drops of materials to upgrade. I have 350 ginger men and am now playing for the comunity as well as myself. Progress is slow for us as a whole. I have purchased the pack of trees and materials in addition to spending 100 or so gems for ginger trees to chop. Is everyone else about there too? I am torn between the equal chance for everyone and the you get what you pay for camps

I was also considering the comunity prizes. It states that if i have collected enough i will recieve the prize. How much is "enough" exactly? We are hardly half way to the first tree.

kindefarm1890
12-24-16, 08:16 AM
I am only at level 4. I received two upgrade parts yesterday with 20+ deliveries. Only found upgrade parts twice in the newspaper and once in a neighbors shop. Normally I would have seen more parts in the newspaper by now but after 6-7 hours of looking just 2 players. I assume that the castle will have to be upgraded to level 15 to be completed requiring some 750 upgrade parts. If there is only one upgrade part for 10 deliveries then I would need to make 7,500 deliveries to complete the castle, an impossible feat. I only used 10 gems for one tree. I really don't want to waste gems when I already know I cannot finish.

Since there is only the gem tree can someone tell us what the drop rate is, hopefully not wool or coins?

Everyone will receive the community item once the community hits the goal. I would have thought that the team would have listed the number of gingerbread people needed to obtain the tree. The first community item always takes a little time since most players are only picking up 12-20 gingerbread people every 3 hours.

lennumber1
12-25-16, 04:18 PM
Gingerbread castle level 9 requires 11each of upgrade parts.

bj2500
12-25-16, 05:51 PM
At the end of the event is the gingerbread castle just decor.?

darkmornings
12-26-16, 04:09 AM
If i upgrade my castle, the clock resets itself back to 3hours. Im not sure if thats a glitch or the way it was meant to be..Does anyone know?

judyandthecat
12-26-16, 05:08 AM
If i upgrade my castle, the clock resets itself back to 3hours. Im not sure if thats a glitch or the way it was meant to be..Does anyone know?

Yes that is how it works so before upgrading always check how much time there is before your next collection because you might want to wait to upgrade until you collect.

judyandthecat
12-26-16, 05:09 AM
At the end of the event is the gingerbread castle just decor.?

It will become a beautiful decoration that you can store if you want too.

yppahc
12-26-16, 05:14 AM
2,000 for the pony.

judafarm
12-26-16, 09:11 AM
Every new event is more worse then the one before that :(

I really dont like this game from Storm8 anymore..

All i get for this event by sending deliveries is gingerbread and frosting..
This is not fun anymore :(

Why the rate is so very very low TL?

Why you make these events like this?

If you go on like this there will be many players stop with playing your games :(

Im mad :(

ghjvcucjb
12-26-16, 12:17 PM

It's best to wait to upgrade after you collect unless it's only been less than say 15-20 minutes since you collected for a couple of reasons. 1) the clocked resets itself and you have to wait the full time all over again and 2) I find that 50% of the time after the upgrade the algorithms for drops switch. So the item that was easy to get before the upgrade becomes very hard to get and vice versa. So waiting a little while to upgrade allows you time to build up inventory in the other items which helps when one of those items becomes a rare drop.

For example the first couple of levels, I struggled to get icing. But now I can't get gumdrops to save my farm but have enough icing to ice every building on my farm. So I'm thinking of waiting a collection or two, even when I finally have enough gumdrops to upgrade to build up my icing and and candy cane supply because those will probably switch and dwindle after the upgrade.

MiriellaBella
12-26-16, 08:03 PM
I won't be able to reach the end on this one. I wondered, if I don't cut down my gingerbread tree, will I be able to keep it as a decoration?

griffithpack
12-27-16, 01:56 AM
Level 10 requires 13 of each part.

darkmornings
12-27-16, 02:37 AM
I am having a horrible time collecting gumdrops. I should have purchased from the news stand when i was able. I also have an abundance of icing. Now im reluctant to sell them in case it becomes the next difficult drop. My barn space is suffering and im becoming a event hoarder.:D

Im now castle level 9 and im able to upgrade to 10 but will wait just a tiny bit longer. I have icing to get to 11 but candy canes and gumdrops are barley there. Im pretty confident ill be able to complete this event.

Thanks so much for the advice.

darkmornings
12-27-16, 10:24 AM
Upgrade to 12 is 17 of each part

linux4e
12-27-16, 03:38 PM
Upgrade to level 13 needs 20 of each part, level 12 gives 48 people, level 13 - 52.

Thankful12
12-27-16, 07:34 PM
I think they are beautiful:-)

baseball_boy
12-27-16, 07:42 PM
As usual another event I won't be able to finish. The drop rate for gumdrops and candy canes suck!!!

ghjvcucjb
12-27-16, 08:57 PM
I'm at a level 10 with help of some kind neighbors. But I'm already burnt out on deliveries

darkmornings
12-28-16, 05:35 AM
Goal 6 of 6
I'm a little intimidated

Rynetory2
12-28-16, 05:56 AM
Goal 6 of 6
I'm a little intimidated

You still have time so dont stress yourself out. Besides you need not complete the goals nor fully upgrade your castle to get the pony. You just need to collect 2,000 gingerbread people for that. Perhaps more collections will help. I think you're doing great with your progress. :)

Rynetory2
12-28-16, 06:17 AM
IMHO Farm 2 has 2 wonderful features that make this game easier than other Storm8 games. We can send trains which let us earn gems every day and we have the newspaper and sideshops to buy/sell things needed for upgrades, expansions and events. These are our resources guys, use them to help with your events and farm expansions.

Dont forget your neighbours - they are your best assets. :) Not every farm lack the same event upgrade part. It's important that you have one or a few good neighbours who will help you. Work out a buddy system with a good neighbour who can trade stuffs with you during events or day to day farm activities like sending your trains. If you dont have anyone to help, use the buy/sell thread and the community will help you out too.

I know events can be challenging but with help from good neighbours, they are more doable and more fun. Keep sending your trains whenever you can; those gems sure come in handy during events. So if you havent a buddy system today, be sure to keep an eye. :)

linux4e
12-28-16, 08:30 AM
Level 14 needs 25 of each part

Rynetory2
12-28-16, 08:49 AM
Forgot to say earlier that all upgrade info and goals are completed in Post 2. Thanks to all who helped.

darkmornings
12-28-16, 10:13 AM
Does anyone know if we will be able to keep our castle as a storable decoration if its incomplete? I plan to keep trying but today my stradgedy is working a little less than stellar. I also planned to put my holiday decorations away after the new year and by the time i bring them out again Im sure they will be shiney new and fabulous no matter how done i get by then

lynard12
12-28-16, 10:29 AM
Doing ok on everything but gumdrops.... not getting them in deliveries and they are rare to find in newspaper....

darkmornings
12-28-16, 10:58 AM
Doing ok on everything but gumdrops.... not getting them in deliveries and they are rare to find in newspaper....
Following the newspaper to the shops has been working wonderfully for me up until today but, im not ready to give up on it just yet. When i see icing for sale in the paper, i buy it even though i really dont need it and go to that farm. About 50% of the time i find other parts for sale as well. Sometimes just one or 2 but every one helps..I have a low level farms that hasnt caught up to itself yet so i look at the paper alot

lynard12
12-28-16, 11:57 AM
Following the newspaper to the shops has been working wonderfully for me up until today but, im not ready to give up on it just yet. When i see icing for sale in the paper, i buy it even though i really dont need it and go to that farm. About 50% of the time i find other parts for sale as well. Sometimes just one or 2 but every one helps..I have a low level farms that hasnt caught up to itself yet so i look at the paper alot

Yes I do same I've even bought the axes for special gingerbread trees just in case!:)

linux4e
12-28-16, 02:06 PM
Same here! 22 canes and 19 gumdrops left to finish lvl 15. I also buy rare stuff from the paper so i can deliver them when needed.

cavegirl1
12-28-16, 07:45 PM
I'm leaving my gingerbread castle at level 12. Will get the pony at this level and I prefer the look. So easy going from here for me
Thanks to everyone selling upgrade parts - helped a lot!

MiriellaBella
12-29-16, 10:25 PM
Not certain if newspaper postings that appear are geared toward each farm level, rather than random. I haven't seen many gumdrops or other event item postings like others have reported. Maybe everyone else with the same level of farm as mine is also attempting this event and not selling off the castle expansion pieces.
I assume the game is all computer analyzed and controlled, as the truck delivery items are almost invariably the same as the delivery items requested by the plane as well.

LadyFencer
12-30-16, 06:19 AM
Not certain if newspaper postings that appear are geared toward each farm level, rather than random. I haven't seen many gumdrops or other event item postings like others have reported. Maybe everyone else with the same level of farm as mine is also attempting this event and not selling off the castle expansion pieces.

I haven't seen much either. Usually it's the cookies, which I don't need as I'm not spending gems. I've seen some icing bags but have a ton of those. I need the gumdrops too and have seen some twice.

lennumber1
12-30-16, 09:04 AM
It has been over 2 days since there has been any gumdrops for sale in the newspaper. Another event were I can't fully upgrade because I won't use gems for an item that ends up being just a decoration.

darkmornings
12-30-16, 02:02 PM
I have been buying icing just so i can click the visit button on the farm that sold them. About 50% of the time there are different parts for sale at those farms. I think only the least desirable things show up at the newspaper. It took 20 minutes to sell my extra gumdrops and surely those are higher in demand than my icing that sold immediately.

I had a second theory that they are mind readers and are all sitting around pointing and giggling at my minor stress. I need 1 hat or cotton balls and all thats offered is 10 hats when i dont have the money or bank space. I recieved 3 cubs and 3 snow farmers last event and i wanted just 1 and foot pathes to the moon. Strangely ill probably love the challenge when my farm gets a little better, for now im just going with the flow

LadyFencer
12-30-16, 08:04 PM
I have been buying icing just so i can click the visit button on the farm that sold them. About 50% of the time there are different parts for sale at those farms.

I've taken that approach too, knowing it can be successful. Rarely has it worked this event. I even randomly visited farms for a while yesterday hoping that might be fruitful. Nada.

Oneyellowlab
12-31-16, 03:11 PM
This is the worst drop rate for a Christmas event that I've ever seen! In past events the paper was full of various parts and if you spent some time working on deliveries and shopping the paper you could find items but this year I wouldn't even know an event was going on except for all the gingerbread axes in the paper. This will likely be the first time I won't be able to fully upgrade as the parts are just so difficult to find or get through deliveries. For my farm it is Candy canes that I can't find - it appears that for different farms there are different rare items.

LadyFencer
01-01-17, 07:05 AM
I realized as I was again futilely trying to find gumdrops that the game has become like playing the lottery. It's designed to give just enough payback to keep people trying, but overall we aren't going to be successful. We put out more money and play harder when we see others get the prize or even multiple prizes in some events. Yet I more often cannot finish despite the time I put in. It's become all luck with the odds getting worse so we will use gems, and the events on top of each other means we can't build back up and have more reason to buy gems.

There's a reason I don't buy lottery tickets, and I've about reached that point with playing FS2.

Rynetory2
01-03-17, 07:00 PM
Congratulations Farm 2 community! We made it for the last community prize! :D:D Close call but we made it! The Frosty White Tree looks awesome. I had it next to the Christmas Tree (from 2013).

Rynetory2
01-03-17, 07:19 PM
Seems like our Frosty White Tree is misbehaving and ran away from some of your farms. I'm starting a bug thread and reporting this in.

For those who are missing their community prize, please post in Winter Wonderland Event - missing community prize (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96563-Winter-Wonderland-Event-missing-community-prize) thread.

(I've moved your bug posts there.)

safepe0ple
01-03-17, 07:22 PM
Are we going to get the second community Christmas tree? I don't have one.

Rynetory2
01-03-17, 07:28 PM
Are we going to get the second community Christmas tree? I don't have one.

You get Star Cookie Tree for individual plus Tree of Lights and Frosty White Tree for community prizes if you're eligible. See Post 2 for prizes and report in the above bug thread if you're missing your prize. Hope this helps.

k1rf
01-03-17, 07:40 PM
Not only cannot see the community xmas tree, but am really wondering who wants an xmas tree when we are only a couple of days from taking xmas decorations down??! I was always taught xmas decorations up after the 6th bring bad luck... why did we all try hard to win something that is no use for eleven months?

seahawkran
01-03-17, 10:06 PM
Same here excerpt the mini candy canes were my nemesis - had 75 royal icing + 69 gumdrops but only 3 mini candy canes when event ended - needed 75 of each for final 3 upgrades. Oh well!!!

Lilliepaddd
01-04-17, 01:33 PM
Not only cannot see the community xmas tree, but am really wondering who wants an xmas tree when we are only a couple of days from taking xmas decorations down??! I was always taught xmas decorations up after the 6th bring bad luck... why did we all try hard to win something that is no use for eleven months?

Unless you celebrate Ukrainian Christmas.

Rynetory2
01-04-17, 06:17 PM
For your information

update:

the search and rescue team has found your naughty trees hiding in the forest. They have been returned to your farms. Please get your frosty white tree from cellar. :d

LadyFencer
01-04-17, 08:15 PM
Same here excerpt the mini candy canes were my nemesis - had 75 royal icing + 69 gumdrops but only 3 mini candy canes when event ended - needed 75 of each for final 3 upgrades. Oh well!!!

You did better than I did. I couldn't get past level 8 thanks to gumdrops. Oh well.

princessskykennedy
01-04-17, 08:26 PM
Unless you celebrate Ukrainian Christmas.

Friday night!! Twelve meatless dishes ....... Thanks Ryn for getting tree looked after!

Lilliepaddd
01-05-17, 02:08 PM
Friday night!! Twelve meatless dishes ....... Thanks Ryn for getting tree looked after!

Yep! I don't really celebrate it anymore but it's great. Yahooooo got my tree!