PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed - transfer game to new device

Zonera8
12-18-16, 01:56 AM
Hello.Can any one tell me how to resume your previous game in new Android device??Thank U!!In short how to transfer game from 1 device to other??

SpiritWind00
12-18-16, 02:00 AM
Hi, this link to the Hub has transfer instructions and it also (at the top of the post) has a link to the main thread too.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1070887&viewfull=1#post1070887

Let us know it worked for you... ;) good luck!

bix101
12-18-16, 02:12 AM
Hi all, I downloaded castle story to my new iPad, same Apple ID, but it didn't recognise my Storm ID. How do I transfer the old game to my new iPad? I started a new one but not happy with going back to the start

SpiritWind00
12-18-16, 02:14 AM
Bix101, I've merged your post here given you both posted at the same time. Follow instructions in post above. I'm around for a little bit longer if you get stuck. :)

bix101
12-18-16, 02:58 AM
I don't get the option to log in on Castle Story. I've deleted the app and reinstalled but it still has the new storm ID I had to create to play. Help please.

SpiritWind00
12-18-16, 03:00 AM
No, you have to use a game with a login feature and once you're logged in, then you install castle. I always use Bakery Story to log in.

OPTION 1:
1) download a game with a login feature, (eg Bakery Story).
2) if using Bakery... play for a minute until you see the Storm8 blue symbol on the top right hand side. CLICK ON IT.
3. click Account Settings
4. click on Log in to Another Account
5. enter your Storm8 ID and password
6. it will give you a list of ALL of your Storm8 games and ask you whether you want to transfer them all..... SAY YES/PROCEED!
7. All your games under that Storm ID will now be recognized on your new device. You just need to download the Apps again.

KarmaHearts
01-14-17, 03:15 PM
Hi! I need to know how to transfer Castle Story from iPhone to iPad. Can you help,please

meme1098
01-14-17, 04:53 PM
Hi! I need to know how to transfer Castle Story from iPhone to iPad. Can you help,please

There are links above but I'll post again for you.

You need to download a S8 game that has the login feature like Fruit Splash Mania. You need a password for your ID which should be the password you used to get on this forum.

Just tap the link below for instructions:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

fitgal1
02-08-17, 07:46 AM
Well I did a huge mistake in attempting to play Castle Story on two devices. I inadvertently launched Castle Story before installing an application on my new device that has a login feature. Obviously, I was on level 1 with no way to get to my level 50 that's on my iPad. I then installed and opened Candy Mania and logged onto that. There was nothing there asking if I wanted to download Castle Story onto my iPhone. I then removed CS from my iPhone and tired again. No luck. Yes, I'm able to transfer Candy Mania data to my new device and able to play that game (and Cupcake on both devices). I also tried logging into Game Center with no luck. With IOS 10, I no longer see what games are in Game Center (but I can see the games on the iPad through Game Center). Help! How do I play Castle Story at level 50 on my iPhone?

meme1098
02-08-17, 10:42 AM
Well I did a huge mistake in attempting to play Castle Story on two devices. I inadvertently launched Castle Story before installing an application on my new device that has a login feature. Obviously, I was on level 1 with no way to get to my level 50 that's on my iPad. I then installed and opened Candy Mania and logged onto that. There was nothing there asking if I wanted to download Castle Story onto my iPhone. I then removed CS from my iPhone and tired again. No luck. Yes, I'm able to transfer Candy Mania data to my new device and able to play that game (and Cupcake on both devices). I also tried logging into Game Center with no luck. With IOS 10, I no longer see what games are in Game Center (but I can see the games on the iPad through Game Center). Help! How do I play Castle Story at level 50 on my iPhone?

So the ID for your main game loads all the other games under that ID?
Make sure you've force closed all apps running in the background. It could be the 2nd game that's still open that you see.
Make sure you're using the right ID by checking the Candy Mania game. If you're on the right ID & have force closed everything. Now try opening the main CS game & see if that's the one you get. Good luck!

fitgal1
02-08-17, 02:04 PM
No still no luck. I rebooted both devices to ensure nothing is running in the background. Still shows level 1 in CS on my new device. The only odd thing I see is that when I log onto the forum on Candy Mania game on the new device it doesn't display that ID; in fact it doesn't display anything (yet I'm logged on). I even logged off/back on again via the interface to the forum and it shows the correct Storm ID; fitgal1 (which is also the one on the old device). Any other ideas?

meme1098
02-08-17, 04:58 PM
Did you force close everything? Rebooting your device does not force close all the open apps unfortunately.

fitgal1
02-10-17, 11:16 AM
I was able to transfer the game using Bakery Story instead. I don't know why it didn't work with Candy Mania. Thank you for your help!

meme1098
02-10-17, 11:48 AM
I was able to transfer the game using Bakery Story instead. I don't know why it didn't work with Candy Mania. Thank you for your help!

Oh this is great! Glad it all finally worked out. :)