PDA

View Full Version : Game won't open

Ccccaseylynn
12-16-16, 11:18 PM
Every time I try to open my game it says castle story is an online game, check my connection and try again. I've turned WiFi off and back on, turned data off and back on, forced closed, cleared my cache, updated, restarted my phone, Uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still saying this. Why won't it work?!

emnatja
12-16-16, 11:51 PM
Every time I try to open my game it says castle story is an online game, check my connection and try again. I've turned WiFi off and back on, turned data off and back on, forced closed, cleared my cache, updated, restarted my phone, Uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still saying this. Why won't it work?!

Same here, been having this issue all day. I've done all that you've done above and reset modem and router. I did finally send in a ticket 8 hrs ago, so hoping there is a fix coming soon.

thornfie
12-17-16, 12:34 AM
Same here

iOS 10.2
Castle story 1.6.5
Tried:
****ing app
Deleting and reinstalling
Restarting device
Disconnecting from wifi and turning device on and off (both before and after reinstall)

The last action corrected the problem for one session while I was off wifi. When I returned a few hours later connected to wifi, could not connect to the game. Wifi is otherwise fine as I can play other games and access web.

SpiritWind00
12-17-16, 02:10 AM
I'm sorry to hear you're all having problems! I've let the team know about these connection issues. There are similar posts in other games too, so it's not isolated to Castle.

Mine is the same. Perhaps it's traffic on their servers or even in your own area? I find if I keep deleting and reinstalling the app, it eventually loads. When it does load, I try not to let the game go to sleep to keep it open (and plugged in so it keeps charging).

Ccccaseylynn
12-17-16, 04:34 AM
It's finally working!! There's a new featured event, so maybe that was the issue and they were working on it. Thanks everyone.

LadyFencer
12-17-16, 12:45 PM
Mine wasn't loading for a couple of hours last night, then was OK, including this morning. Late morning through now, almost 2 PM Central Time, I cannot get in. I'm about to uninstall and reinstall it, but I do not have time to babysit it and keep it open when I'm not playing, if that's what you mean, SpiritWind00. (I tend to not let it go to sleep when I'm actively playing.) It's the first time I've had this much trouble in my four or so years of playing. This is really frustrating.

LadyFencer
12-17-16, 01:40 PM
Well, that did diddley squat. I'm not going to keep uninstalling and reinstalling. It's not worth my time. I have one or two days a week where I do not work full time and have complete freedom to play. It's infuriating to not be able to play on one of those days. (And the repetitive chopping of everything is annoying enough as it is. I just had time to devote to it today.)

phis55
12-17-16, 01:56 PM
Same here. It is so frustrating.

pandoraspoks
12-17-16, 03:07 PM
I have not been able to log on since yesterday, I only play in the morning before I go to work and in the evening, after work, before I go to bed, are the timed events going to be extended for the time we are unable to log on?

Idwasid
12-17-16, 03:12 PM
I have been trying to open game for more than 30 hours with no luck. I have reinstalled many many times. Same with Dragon Story. Is there a fix coming soon? Thanks!

klembodius2
12-17-16, 04:33 PM
They need to fix their servers. 3 days been able to get on 3 times. About ready to delete. Sick of their poor design

thornfie
12-17-16, 05:40 PM
Deleting and reinstalling no longer works for me either. If everything in castle story wasn't a timed event, this wouldn't be such a big deal. However, this outage pretty much means I won't be able to complete the current event, or regain the 20 gems I spent for the yeti trap. Very aggravating.

tastyteacup
12-17-16, 06:25 PM
I couldn?t open the game all day yesterday, then late into the night I was able to connect, but it stopped working again this morning and hasn?t worked since. I closed all the other apps, did two hard restarts, and then deleted the game and re-downloaded it from the App Store. Nothing worked. I am going to lose these timed events because of server issues.

stm4522
12-17-16, 07:28 PM
So frustrating. Can not get on Castle Story most of the time and when I finally do get it, it tells me I have an internet problem. I have force closed, deleted and re-installed numerous times. I don't think we will be able to finish event at this rate! 2-3 days of not being able to play ****s the event for even the most dedicated players. Come on Storm 8 - give some answers. With a recent update for bug fixes I would think you would be embarrassed to have this many bugs on an event!

LadyFencer
12-17-16, 07:35 PM
Still nothing here, and now Farm Story 2 won't connect either. That one is a 10-day event, so losing any time with it is disastrous. And I am going to be really ticked off if I cannot get that dang yeti to get my 20 gems back that they flim-flammed out of us.

CindyDDS
12-17-16, 08:02 PM
I have been having problems logging on all day today on both devices, an iPad running iOS 9.3.5 and an iPhone 7 running iOS 10.2. I have updatedCastle Story this week with latest version. This is not fun on a timed event. Please fix this!

icydove
12-17-16, 08:41 PM
Same here.

Cakemama40
12-17-16, 08:49 PM
I'm having the same issues, both with CS and DS. Have tried multiple restarts, reinstalls, reset router, power cycle, to no avail. Please fix this and adjust the ending time of the events accordingly, storm8. Going on two days of being unable to play other than a short time or two.

ChateauValee
12-17-16, 09:07 PM
Have tried everything and still can't log in.

1ch1ps
12-17-16, 10:28 PM
Add me to the list. No internet connection, but since I'm writing this, the connect works. I even tried running it off my phone. It was doing it here and threrebefore I upgraded to IOS 10.2.

Please give us that can't get in an extra day in they've. I need every possible day to even have a chance of finishing.

SpiritWind00
12-18-16, 03:04 AM
Both Rynetory2 and myself have made numerous reports to S8 about connection issues in the last day or 2. We will keep checking on if there's any news...

tastyteacup
12-18-16, 11:58 AM
I was finally able to connect at 3:30 AM after trying all day, and now that it is daytime, I again cannot connect for the third day in a row. I look at the event thread and see that most people are able to play just fine. It makes me wonder why Storm8 has placed those of us on this thread on a lower tier of service.

caius76
12-18-16, 12:59 PM
Add me to the list. Over the past 3-4 days I'm locked out way more than I can get in. Same problem, it tells me I have no internet connection, which I do (everything else works just fine). I don't know if there's been any pattern determined yet as to who is having problems - for what it's worth I'm on an iPad Air 2

Cakemama40
12-18-16, 01:01 PM
I noticed this morning while in town that I can connect no problem over cell data. It's wi-fi that seems to be the issue. I was so excited to finally defeat that last yeti and move on to the next task and wouldn't you know it... No yetis were triggered. This is such a disappointment. Back home and once again cannot get connected.

LadyFencer
12-18-16, 01:12 PM
Mine doesn't seem to be an issue related to WiFi, although it tells me I have no internet connection. It seems to be time. I can get on a little while early in the morning, and that's it. Early afternoon now, and same dang error message again.

I know it's the weekend, and I appreciate the moderators reporting the issue. Those of us who work full time are already limited in completing events. Being stymied like this on the weekend has pretty much zapped what was left of my interest in any events. If S8 doesn't want me playing, I can oblige and find another game to play.

1ch1ps
12-18-16, 01:29 PM
I got in for few minutes, enough that Stanley has pants....hopefully I get into the game in 3-4 hrs to try for a Yeti

LauraGSJK
12-18-16, 01:45 PM
I'm having the same problem. I haven't been able to get into any of my S8 games no matter what I do. Good luck to everyone.

icydove
12-18-16, 07:34 PM
I noticed this morning while in town that I can connect no problem over cell data. It's wi-fi that seems to be the issue. I was so excited to finally defeat that last yeti and move on to the next task and wouldn't you know it... No yetis were triggered. This is such a disappointment. Back home and once again cannot get connected.

Same here. And, the wifi is working fine for everything else including streaming movies. It is still sluggish to connect over cell data, but I am able to get in.

kcutie0829
12-18-16, 07:36 PM
Add me to the list. Over the past 3-4 days I'm locked out way more than I can get in. Same problem, it tells me I have no internet connection, which I do (everything else works just fine). I don't know if there's been any pattern determined yet as to who is having problems - for what it's worth I'm on an iPad Air 2

I haven't been able to play on my iPad mini for months & months. I'm stuck playing on my phone, because the game won't stay connected on my iPad. Just like for you, it tells me it's my internet connection and it's not true because I can play all other s8 games with no problem. I sent in a ticket to support many moons ago and they did nothing to help me except that I should try uninstalling and reinstalling game. I did all that so many times and did nothing to fix the problem. I also took out all deco because people said that helped for them to be able to play. Well that didn't work for me either. I'm just so dumbfounded why it always says it's my connection when it's not. So I'm right there with you and it's rediculous!

sohrmurphy
12-18-16, 08:25 PM
Same problems here on two different devices. Hurry and fix the problems and let us get back in to play!

ladlasse
12-18-16, 09:50 PM
Add me to the list, too. This has been happening to me since Friday afternoon. Every once in awhile I can get one for a little while, but I keep missing my windows when the stables are ready. If the yeti spawn was more frequent I wouldn't be as concerned, but I need every 3 hours (level 6 stable) I can to try and get a yeti. When it stretches to so many extra hours to get it, it affects my ability to make the timed event.

Meowmeowbeans
12-19-16, 12:27 PM
I'm sorry to hear about all these issues! You should be all good to access the game now, but if anyone is still having problems, please let us know.

LadyFencer
12-19-16, 09:55 PM
Yes, it's working normally again. Just in time for me to return to work. Do you know if they gave a reason for the disruption?

Sheliaesfarm
01-11-17, 04:30 AM
Castle story will not fix this game for some reason. I can't do anything on this game. I can't visit,post,gift,complete tasks,my gems get stolen,I can't post on my wall or others wall so darn frustrating. Uninstalling and reinstalling don't work. Very frustrating that I can't play this fun game any more!!!!!!!!

kooky panda
01-11-17, 11:24 AM
Castle story will not fix this game for some reason. I can't do anything on this game. I can't visit,post,gift,complete tasks,my gems get stolen,I can't post on my wall or others wall so darn frustrating. Uninstalling and reinstalling don't work. Very frustrating that I can't play this fun game any more!!!!!!!!

I am sorry you are having issues. Please submit a support form so an agent can check your game.

https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us