PDA

View Full Version : Festive Friends - World Event!

[S8] Regina
12-16-16, 12:32 PM
FESTIVE FRIENDS WORLD EVENT!

Requires level 10+ | Minimum game version is iOS/Android 1.3 | Event is live from Dec. 16, 2016 to Dec. 27. 2016

The animals in this event are:

Sweater Donner: Nature & Fire
Festive Flier: Christmas & Earth

Holiday Hamlet holds only Christmas/Fire type animals
Santa's Village (Event habitat) holds only Christmas/Water/Nature

https://imgur.com/ewydeh2.png

Natasha_07
12-16-16, 12:44 PM
Totally love the habitat, I cannot resist. :)

I think I got a similar tree from a spin win last year though.

DirkDragon
12-16-16, 01:10 PM
Regina, can you please tell me if the individual prizes above will go in the Christmas habitat called Holiday Hamlet?

Alideh
12-16-16, 01:21 PM
Is the middle prize in the community prizes a animal? Creppy o.o eiiiieiii
The Deer and bear thing is SUPER CUTE!!! The bear will definitely stay in baby form if I get it. Super adorable :3
PS. (I'm sure its not a bear BUT it looks like a bear in baby for so I called it that)

The tile is pretty, and the snowman looks funny (In a good way) LIke he is saying "Whats uppppp" lol

Silverrain1
12-16-16, 01:40 PM
Is the middle prize in the community prizes a animal? Creppy o.o eiiiieiii
The Deer and bear thing is SUPER CUTE!!! The bear will definitely stay in baby form if I get it. Super adorable :3
PS. (I'm sure its not a bear BUT it looks like a bear in baby for so I called it that)

The tile is pretty, and the snowman looks funny (In a good way) LIke he is saying "Whats uppppp" lol

The middle one is a decoration.the animals do look cute tho. And the habitat, I bought a habitat already

poofyena
12-16-16, 01:50 PM
Loving the look of this event!

Hoe do I send a help ticket? I won the prize tree but it charged me the gems for it? No idea why as I'd just harvested 6 spell melons.

[S8] Regina
12-16-16, 02:14 PM
Regina, can you please tell me if the individual prizes above will go in the Christmas habitat called Holiday Hamlet?

Hey DirkDragon! The two animals from the individual prizes are Sweater Donner and Festive Flier. The Festive Flier is able to go into the Holiday Hamlet habitat.

[S8] Regina
12-16-16, 02:24 PM
Loving the look of this event!

Hoe do I send a help ticket? I won the prize tree but it charged me the gems for it? No idea why as I'd just harvested 6 spell melons.

Sorry to hear that! Please submit a ticket by filling out this form (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and PM me your ticket number. Thank you!

coleoptera42
12-16-16, 02:28 PM
Before I buy the Holiday Hamlet/Jingle Shells I need to know what will go in the Holiday Hamlet. Has it been expanded or does it only hold the Christmas type animals? I only have one of the original Christmas trio, and the Jingle Shells is not a Christmas type animal! Are the animals in this event Christmas type? What type are the animals in this event?

[S8] Regina
12-16-16, 02:40 PM
Before I buy the Holiday Hamlet/Jingle Shells I need to know what will go in the Holiday Hamlet. Has it been expanded or does it only hold the Christmas type animals? I only have one of the original Christmas trio, and the Jingle Shells is not a Christmas type animal! Are the animals in this event Christmas type? What type are the animals in this event?

The animals in this event are:

Holiday Hamlet holds only Christmas-type animals.

DirkDragon
12-16-16, 03:20 PM
Regina;1378480']Hey DirkDragon! The two animals from the individual prizes are Sweater Donner and Festive Flier. The Festive Flier is able to go into the Holiday Hamlet habitat.

Thanks, Regina. I confess l am puzzled why that habitat is sold with Jingle Shells when the latter can not go in it? Strange marketing.

[S8] Regina
12-16-16, 03:25 PM
Thanks, Regina. I confess l am puzzled why that habitat is sold with Jingle Shells when the latter can not go in it? Strange marketing.

This has been forwarded over to the design team. I'll update if there are any new changes :)

saucysammis
12-16-16, 03:42 PM
I'd like to point out that the habitat associated with this event is called Santas Village and it holds Christmas/Water/Nature

People are also talking about the Holiday Hamlet which is part of a $4.99 value pack. It is an older habitat from year one that only holds 3 animals and now, the Christmas and fire elements.(the reindeer, toy poodle and Santa claws) It comes with the jingle shells which has Lightning/fire elements.

Hellapanda
12-16-16, 04:38 PM
The Holiday Hamlet now has Christmas and Fire types! It's now a perfect place for your Jingle Shells to spend the holidays! Thanks for the feedback!

DirkDragon
12-16-16, 04:49 PM
The Holiday Hamlet now has Christmas and Fire types! It's now a perfect place for your Jingle Shells to spend the holidays! Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the rapid design fix.

DirkDragon
12-16-16, 04:51 PM
I'd like to point out that the habitat associated with this event is called Santas Village and it holds Christmas/Water/Nature

People are also talking about the Holiday Hamlet which is part of a $4.99 value pack. It is an older habitat from year one that only holds 3 animals and only the Christmas element.(the reindeer, toy poodle and Santa claws) It comes with the jingle shells which has Lightning/fire elements.

The Holiday Hamlet has now been altered to Christmas and Fire in response to my query.

saucysammis
12-16-16, 05:43 PM
The Holiday Hamlet has now been altered to Christmas and Fire in response to my query.

Oh yay! (Although I'd have been ok if they had offered the Santa Claws instead of the jingle shells)

Mrsveralorraine
12-16-16, 06:15 PM
When you win your tree, take it out of storage because it gives you 4 tree toppers every four hours.

19sparkles96
12-16-16, 07:00 PM
Can a moderator confirm if it is by design that when hatching animals from your 2nd and 3rd Trees of life, no Tree Toppers are awarded?

poofyena
12-16-16, 07:06 PM
Regina;1378489']Sorry to hear that! Please submit a ticket by filling out this form (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and PM me your ticket number. Thank you!

Thank you very much I will do! Especially as I now can't collet from the tree at all.

Rynetory2
12-16-16, 09:01 PM
Can a moderator confirm if it is by design that when hatching animals from your 2nd and 3rd Trees of life, no Tree Toppers are awarded?

I'll check on this.

edadrfdsc
12-16-16, 11:47 PM
my Unique Holiday Tree is stucked in storage, it has Goal written across and won't allow me to place it. I have written to storm8 support but there has been no reply yet :(

MauiLady7
12-17-16, 12:52 AM

I just hatched a tortigloo for 16 hours in my second tree with no tree toppers! I got points on the leader boards with the second tree. Should we fill out a support form?

littelprincess0313
12-17-16, 01:01 AM
Regina;1378499']The animals in this event are:

Holiday Hamlet holds only Christmas-type animals.

Too late and I was pretty disappointed this should have been clear when I bought it 
Edit I judt read that it holds fire now. Thanks for that :D

diet4life
12-17-16, 06:30 AM
I'll check on this.

I' did not get tree toppers for my candy crane. It was hatched from my second nest too. I'm happy about the candy crane though.  How many topper is I 1per ever hour on hatching time? I'm out 10 toppers. I also notesed No bombs credits hatching from 2nd next either. Can that be fixed too.

Morag2000
12-17-16, 06:36 AM
I too, didn't get any tree toppers from my second nest, although I did get leaderboard points.

I would be grateful if the moderator could check this out, please.

AppieP
12-17-16, 06:54 AM
Does anyone could told us about the milestone. How many points do we need to collect for every item. And I am curious what's the total.

Clark_Wayne
12-17-16, 07:05 AM
2nd prize is 300 and 3rd is 700

Alideh
12-17-16, 08:58 AM
Does anyone could told us about the milestone. How many points do we need to collect for every item. And I am curious what's the total.

Yes please! Like the person above said,
The snowman (2nd prize) is 300 points Anything beyond that I dont know :/
Anyone further up ahead? If so please could you let us know the amount me need for the animals?
Thank you!

19sparkles96
12-17-16, 09:37 AM
The last two milestones are 1,400 and 2,600 Tree Toppers.

lunarwren
12-17-16, 10:00 AM
I too, didn't get any tree toppers from my second nest, although I did get leaderboard points.

I would be grateful if the moderator could check this out, please.

Add me to this list too. Just hatched a conducktor from my second nest and no tree toppers. :(

tahitii
12-17-16, 10:46 AM
No points from second nest even here... Just hatched the Salty Dog after 24 hours of waiting :( So we paid for an additional nest and this is useless during events?

diet4life
12-17-16, 10:57 AM
No points from second nest even here... Just hatched the Salty Dog after 24 hours of waiting :( So we paid for an additional nest and this is useless during events?

I'm wondering the same thing. No bombs for the mine either. It worked for the leaderboard yesterday. 🤔

saucysammis
12-17-16, 11:11 AM
I too am not getting toppers from the second nest. I'm guessing it is set up such that it doesn't give points for world events, but until we know for sure I've been hatching eggs.

I still love the second nest because I often need to move things to it. Very useful.

As to bombs, we get bombs from clearing the den, not the nest.....so we wouldn't get bombs when placing an egg from storage or the shop ont any nest. Or are people asking about not getting bombs when clearing the den to move an egg to the second nest?

Silverrain1
12-17-16, 11:20 AM
Hope we can start to get points from second nests as iv had a really bad day and not been on phone much so I'm so behind on collecting points etc. Last world event, I somehow struggled to so any ways to get extra points will be much appreciated.

Alideh
12-17-16, 01:07 PM
The last two milestones are 1,400 and 2,600 Tree Toppers.

Thank you!

Silverrain1
12-17-16, 01:22 PM
Perhaps we aren't supposed to get points from extra nests, to keep it fair for those who only have one? But then those who have nests, did purchase them and some probably with the intention of getting more help in these events

lunarwren
12-17-16, 01:55 PM
Perhaps we aren't supposed to get points from extra nests, to keep it fair for those who only have one? But then those who have nests, did purchase them and some probably with the intention of getting more help in these events

We're definitely supposed to get points from extra nests. They've had extra nests in Dragon Story for some time now and the extra nests give points during leaderboard and world events. Plus the bonus of extra points during events gets people to buy more nests which means buying more gems which means more money for s8.

Does anyone at s8 work on the weekend or will we have to wait till Monday to hear back on this problem?

MauiLady7
12-17-16, 02:33 PM
We're definitely supposed to get points from extra nests. They've had extra nests in Dragon Story for some time now and the extra nests give points during leaderboard and world events. Plus the bonus of extra points during events gets people to buy more nests which means buying more gems which means more money for s8.

Does anyone at s8 work on the weekend or will we have to wait till Monday to hear back on this problem?

I'm turning in a support form for my missing toppers. If others did then maybe they'd be aware of the problem.

I did receive tree toppers from mining. It's how I got my Charlie Brown looking like Christmas tree that we tap every four hours.

Silverrain1
12-17-16, 03:32 PM

Oh, ok. Thanks for that. I don't play dragon story at all so have no clue what happens there. Thanks for sharing.

Clark_Wayne
12-17-16, 04:18 PM
omg i just checked after read the thread : my extra nests doesn't give tree toppers neither :eek:
not fair :mad:

diet4life
12-17-16, 04:23 PM
omg i just checked after read the thread : my extra nests doesn't give tree toppers neither :eek:
not fair :mad:

I sent in a ticket regarding this issue. I hope it helps.

Morag2000
12-17-16, 04:25 PM
I have just put a Rainguin egg on the second nest and I got 1 bomb and 5 tree toppers, which I didn't get previously.

Perhaps the problem has been fixed.

Has anyone else found an improvement to this problem?

Clark_Wayne
12-17-16, 05:10 PM
I have just put a Rainguin egg on the second nest and I got 1 bomb and 5 tree toppers, which I didn't get previously.

Perhaps the problem has been fixed.

Has anyone else found an improvement to this problem?

i think you got the tree topper if your egg comes from breeding (whatever nest it was in)
but if you buy the egg (lightning leopard) or if the egg comes from storage, you don't have tree toppers

Rynetory2
12-17-16, 05:40 PM
For your information

Just want to drop a note here to update you guys. :o I've reported in that you don't get tree toppers from other nests. I've just checked but no news on it so far and yes Support is limited over the weekend. At this point, I'm not sending anyone to Support as this may or may not be a bug. Let's wait for the Community Manager to check and confirm for us. I'll keep checking for answer and as soon as I hear from them, you'll be the first to know. :)

goddard7006
12-17-16, 05:52 PM
With the Final individual prize being Festive Flier which is at the 2600 milestone that's 260 toppers a day

Days left and how many you should have in order to get final prize:

9 - 260
8 - 520
7 - 780
6 - 1040
5 - 1300
4 - 1560
3 - 1820
2 - 2080
1 - 2340
0 - 2600

Clark_Wayne
12-17-16, 06:29 PM
With the Final individual prize being Festive Flier which is at the 2600 milestone that's 260 toppers a day

9 - 260
8 - 520
7 - 780
6 - 1040
5 - 1300
4 - 1560
3 - 1820
2 - 2080
1 - 2340
0 - 2600

impossible to get last individual prize if extra nest are not giving toppers :( or if we don't have double topper days :(

Drachenia
12-17-16, 07:23 PM
I also get no toppers from my 2 nest :(

goddard7006
12-17-16, 09:03 PM
impossible to get last individual prize if extra nest are not giving toppers :( or if we don't have double topper days :(

Let's hope they give us double days (or even better triple like they did for DS) around Christmas time as present

Alideh
12-17-16, 11:57 PM
I sorta gave up on the last prize :/ without double topper points There definitely isn't a chance for me... I'll aim towards the deer and then spend the rest of the time hatching the eggs I have in storage unless another event starts which requires me to breed a certain animal which I am hoping doesn't just yet. Some of my animals are begging to come out XD

saucysammis
12-18-16, 12:32 AM

9 - 260
8 - 520
7 - 780
6 - 1040
5 - 1300
4 - 1560
3 - 1820
2 - 2080
1 - 2340
0 - 2600

I have got 362 toppers now with 10 days left. So I am ahead. I have gathered them the usual way through clearing the den, hatching from just the original nest, harvesting food, mining, and evolving.

Morag2000
12-18-16, 01:49 AM
For your information

Just want to drop a note here to update you guys. :o I've reported in that you don't get tree toppers from other nests. I've just checked but no news on it so far and yes Support is limited over the weekend. At this point, I'm not sending anyone to Support as this may or may not be a bug. Let's wait for the Community Manager to check and confirm for us. I'll keep checking for answer and as soon as I hear from them, you'll be the first to know. :)

Thank you very much Rynetory2 for looking into this problem for us, it's much appreciated.

You're most welcome! Rynetory2 :)

Morag2000
12-18-16, 02:07 AM
I put a Peridot Phoenix, which I bought, on my second nest during the Leaderboard competition and when it hatched I got ponts for it. Had hoped the same wold happen in the World event. Have Jingle Shells on second nest at the moment, I'll let you know if I get points for it.

I wasn't getting any points from the second nest even when I bred the egg.

This post is in answer to Clark_Wayne

goddard7006
12-18-16, 08:58 AM
I have got 362 toppers now with 10 days left. So I am ahead. I have gathered them the usual way through clearing the den, hatching from just the original nest, harvesting food, mining, and evolving.

My numbers might be off how many days is this officially? It's Sunday for me and the timer is showing 9days 3hours 30minutes and I have 489 toppers 1 nest, planting 20 hour food, evolving random long timer animals, breeding for Jollyfish with the highest timer being 11 hours, and mining every chance I get and collecting from the Charlie Brown looking tree

saucysammis
12-18-16, 12:25 PM
My numbers might be off how many days is this officially? It's Sunday for me and the timer is showing 9days 3hours 30minutes and I have 489 toppers 1 nest, planting 20 hour food, evolving random long timer animals, breeding for Jollyfish with the highest timer being 11 hours, and mining every chance I get and collecting from the Charlie Brown looking tree

I go by the timer icon on the screen but remember to tap it to check the specifics. For instance, when I posted that my timer read 10 days I did in fact have only 9.5 days left. Right now it still reads 10 days but it will change in a few minutes to 9 days. I now have 527 toppers. As long as we accumulate the rough amount by the time the "icon day" changes we are accumulating enough to make it by the time the event ends. My post was to give an example that the event is doable without spending gems if you are diligent from day 1..... and even if you miss a day but have something to collect from your forest by accident. All the world events I've seen have been doable just by being present in the game to perform harvesting, mining, hatching, breeding and collecting. The last event was the first that included evolving and that caught me off guard, but I made it.

I divided 2600 by 11 days and came up with 236.363 so I rounded up to 237 toppers that we should aim to get per day and made the chart below. That said, and giving leeway for not being exactly on time, if you harvest all six farms 22 hrs per day = 132. If you clear the den, original nest and evo flower 22 hrs per day = 66. Every 4 hours you tap the Christmas tree (say you collect 3 times a day) = 12 Add in a minimum of 9 toppers for getting 3 bombs per day it would add up to 219 per day. Not enough.

So we have to put in effort. If you can maximize the farms to at 24hrs, that's plus 12 toppers. Always keep a pair in the den. Place an egg on the nest by adding a egg from storage or the shop to take up any empty time while waiting for pair to time out of the den, or if you can, use a gem or 2 to speed the extra time and get some extra bombs. Mine well to collect at least 6 toppers for each bomb,(2 wins) to add 9. Last, try to tap the little tree 4 times a day and add 4. 219 + 12 + 9 + 4 = 244 Per day adds up to 2684 that we can get without extra topper bonuses.

I didn't count for any toppers anyone may have accumulated on the first day, but that could have easily added 100 or more for anyone planting ahead of the update.

11. Start day...
10. 237
9. 474
8. 711
7. 948
6. 1185
5. 1422
4. 1659
3. 1896
2. 2133
1. 2370
0. 2607

chickenladyx14
12-18-16, 03:25 PM
I have the Secret Santler on my second nest which cost me 20 bucks. I hope it gives me Toppers when hatched!

ogreve
12-18-16, 04:24 PM
Well, to be honest I was really disappointed to not get any toppers from my second nest. Apart from being able to hatch eggs more efficiently, from the start I very much had the world events, storybooks and leaderboards in mind too when buying that second nest.
It will obviously still be very helpful in the last two mentioned ones, but it sucks if we don't get tokens from it in the world events.
In fact the world events are rapidly losing all appeal to me, and have become both stressful and wasteful. They used to give 4 animals and a free habitat and a new element (which sometimes was nice, but wasn't a necessity) and they used to allow for some slack time in between farmings etc.
The free habitat, special element and 1 animal were already gone, whereas the required token count has gone up, and now, as of this installment, there are only TWO animals.
I had hoped that the second nest would at least take the 'edge' off of the gathering of tokens, as I got into trouble in more recent versions of the world events when doing my back to back Charm Cherries during the day and Nexus Nuts overnight. I wanted to be able to collect tokens whilst maintaining an efficient 'food economy', rather than having to do 10 days of 'dummy Rune Prunes farmings'.

I really hope that it is a bug that causes the second nest not to give tokens, and that it is fixed soon. I had made sure that both my nests were occupied and was breeding with Nature Fire for the Merry Meercat. Overnight the Fairy Ferret fails will **** me if I can't compensate for them with my second nest on the one hand, and don't want to sacrifice my high end food strategy on the other hand. I hope it is fixed soon. Already I have missed out on all tokens from it since the event started. Those would have made a big difference!

sparklegirly
12-18-16, 04:25 PM
I have the Secret Santler on my second nest which cost me 20 bucks. I hope it gives me Toppers when hatched!

I hatched the Secret Santler from second nest and got no points. ☹️
Secret Santler is such a cutie I had to have him in my Holiday Hamlet! I can't decide if I was to evolve Secret Santler or Bead Steed next.

Drachenia
12-18-16, 04:39 PM
I hope that the lost toppers from the 2 nest we get och well written. So I'll just get sweater donner. I have just circa 550 toppers :(

JeffW60
12-18-16, 04:53 PM
I like the animals in this WE ok but it is very disappointing that we only get two animals. I've never known the last community prize to be anything other than an animal but we get a decoration.

Very disappointing.

saucysammis
12-18-16, 04:56 PM
Well, to be honest I was really disappointed to not get any toppers from my second nest. Apart from being able to hatch eggs more efficiently, from the start I very much had the world events, storybooks and leaderboards in mind too when buying that second nest.
It will obviously still be very helpful in the last two mentioned ones, but it sucks if we don't get tokens from it in the world events.
In fact the world events are rapidly losing all appeal to me, and have become both stressful and wasteful. They used to give 4 animals and a free habitat and a new element (which sometimes was nice, but wasn't a necessity) and they used to allow for some slack time in between farmings etc.
The free habitat, special element and 1 animal were already gone, whereas the required token count has gone up, and now, as of this installment, there are only TWO animals.
I had hoped that the second nest would at least take the 'edge' off of the gathering of tokens, as I got into trouble in more recent versions of the world events when doing my back to back Charm Cherries during the day and Nexus Nuts overnight. I wanted to be able to collect tokens whilst maintaining an efficient 'food economy', rather than having to do 10 days of 'dummy Rune Prunes farmings'.

I really hope that it is a bug that causes the second nest not to give tokens, and that it is fixed soon. I had made sure that both my nests were occupied and was breeding with Nature Fire for the Merry Meercat. Overnight the Fairy Ferret fails will **** me if I can't compensate for them with my second nest on the one hand, and don't want to sacrifice my high end food strategy on the other hand. I hope it is fixed soon. Already I have missed out on all tokens from it since the event started. Those would have made a big difference!

If there was a like button I'd have tapped it. I have been so disappointed that the habitats ceased to be prizes. And to give us more of decor that is all recycled and less creatures is a slap in the face considering there is no room for decor and expansion is so difficult. I'd love to have a free expansion prize.

I'm hoping we will get a double topper few days or at least have everyone with the second tree get reimbursed for the hours missed as well as ability to collect.

Silverrain1
12-19-16, 12:00 AM
I hatched the Secret Santler from second nest and got no points. ☹️
Secret Santler is such a cutie I had to have him in my Holiday Hamlet! I can't decide if I was to evolve Secret Santler or Bead Steed next.

They are both epic in my forest if you wish to take a look. Bead stead is in the dark grove beside my treasure animals on the area where the tree of life is. My secret santler is in the wicked woods in the bottom corner. In the drop down from the area with the tree of life. I use my bead stead a lot, I love it!
Anyway, I'm on 513 points. I'll need to see if I'm on schedule. I like the animals, but don't we have all the community rides already? I do like the chimney tho, and uf I cld have it out I would. But I just lost my last decor spot. 😟

sweetdeda
12-19-16, 05:25 AM

Hi everyone! It's been a very long time since I have posted, due to frustrations with the game. I still play although it's more limited now do to game crashes, visiting neighbors is impossible which used to be one of my biggest enjoyments. But I had to post about this world event. Ogreve you said everything I was thinking!!! Right down to my food planting and breeding for Meerkat. I'm already way behind on this event and don't see a possibility of reaching the second animal if we don't get toppers for our second nest. When I first started playing, close to the beginning I never understood how players could not make all the prizes. I used to always end with hundreds of extra at the end of the event. But now amounts needed are higher and prizes less appealing. They took away the free habitat and we were all disappointed, now only 2 animals? Why bother?
I hope storm8 takes note that not giving toppers from our extra nest is extremely frustrating! Even if the prizes are less appealing I know I personally feel *****ed.

Cdnfroglover
12-19-16, 07:45 AM
Not everyone has a second nest though. Some of us are still waiting for that update.

supermaay
12-19-16, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone! It's been a very long time since I have posted, due to frustrations with the game. I still play although it's more limited now do to game crashes, visiting neighbors is impossible which used to be one of my biggest enjoyments. But I had to post about this world event. Ogreve you said everything I was thinking!!! Right down to my food planting and breeding for Meerkat. I'm already way behind on this event and don't see a possibility of reaching the second animal if we don't get toppers for our second nest. When I first started playing, close to the beginning I never understood how players could not make all the prizes. I used to always end with hundreds of extra at the end of the event. But now amounts needed are higher and prizes less appealing. They took away the free habitat and we were all disappointed, now only 2 animals? Why bother?
I hope storm8 takes note that not giving toppers from our extra nest is extremely frustrating! Even if the prizes are less appealing I know I personally feel *****ed.

I have to second others' complaints. Mathematically, it's unlikely to get the final individual prize even if you plant (6/hr), breed (1/hr), hatch (1/hr), evolve (1/hr), and collect toppers from the tree (1/hr) around the clock all day long. That's 10/hr (240/day). The amount of tree toppers from mining is not guaranteed. In the best scenario, you collect 4 mines a day. With 2 runes per mine (a reasonably good outcome as quite often we do get only one rune per mine), you can get 24 tree toppers a day (4 x 2 x 3). Therefore, in theory you can get 264 tree toppers a day. You can barely get the final individual prize at this rate, not to mention that it's impossible to play around the clock. With reduced benefit (less prizes and, yes, who cares about the decorations), there's not much incentive to play this world event. Storm8's intention to induce people to spend gems in this event may be a good wish at best as well.

Morag2000
12-19-16, 10:39 AM
Not everyone has a second nest though. Some of us are still waiting for that update.

If you go to Google Play you can install the new version of Fantasy Forest and that has the option to buy the nests.

saucysammis
12-19-16, 12:27 PM
I just did an inventory:

I now have 4 of those snowmen in storage.
16 of the tiles. - soon to "win" more.
1 chimney - soon to have 2 of them.
1 jack in the ball - ditto.
2 Christmas trees. - soon to have 3.

Now, not only are all the community prizes decor, along with the individual decor prizes they are all recycled.
So I'm playing to get the 2 new final individual prizes, both creatures. This is the first world event to eliminate creatures as a goal from the community prizes, originally there were 2, then 1. Slowly but surely be happy with less.

Alideh
12-19-16, 01:06 PM
I noticed that too :( A shame they didn't add a animal in the community prizes.
I'm only playing for the deer. After that I wont try with the planting or evolve animals. I will still continue breeding the limited edition animals (Candy crane and the jelly after I get the candy crane IF I get it) If those two fail and the next limited animal that we get a chance to breed is one I have then time to hatch the babies I have in storage and wait on the breeding animals. I also need to try to get another CU since I could really use the coins.

supermaay
12-19-16, 01:55 PM
I just did an inventory:

I now have 4 of those snowmen in storage.
16 of the tiles. - soon to "win" more.
1 chimney - soon to have 2 of them.
1 jack in the ball - ditto.
2 Christmas trees. - soon to have 3.

Now, not only are all the community prizes decor, along with the individual decor prizes they are all recycled.
So I'm playing to get the 2 new final individual prizes, both creatures. This is the first world event to eliminate creatures as a goal from the community prizes, originally there were 2, then 1. Slowly but surely be happy with less.

Decoration is a personal thing. Some may enjoy decorating their forests with the decorations they like but quite a few do not care about decorations at all (no space for them anyway). I personally think decorations are useless. Like many, I feel winning decorations from "spin-to-win" events is a major disappointment.

Silverrain1
12-19-16, 03:02 PM
I just got points from my second nest.

Eluzyion
12-19-16, 03:05 PM

That's good news, sapphire Sphinx is blocking my main nest and I've been holding off using nest 2 if it didn't even count, so I'll try it now :) thank you!

lunarwren
12-19-16, 03:28 PM

Woohoo! Me too!! I was waiting for someone to post that it was working before I hatched the egg I had waiting. Now to start hatching the animals in storage.

Eluzyion
12-19-16, 03:52 PM
I tried it, hatched Candy Crane from second nest and got tree toppers! It's fixed!

supermaay
12-19-16, 04:30 PM
Even with the 2nd nest counting, it will be still difficult to get the 2nd individual animal prize. Good luck to all.

sweetdeda
12-19-16, 04:46 PM
Even with the 2nd nest counting, it will be still difficult to get the 2nd individual animal prize. Good luck to all.
I am so far behind, no way I'll make it. Sad thing is I haven't done anything different from other world events.

Good luck all.

Eluzyion
12-19-16, 04:52 PM
I agree with the others about not liking the world event changes, deco rewards just aren't worth it and it takes a lot to get to the animals offered.. And no habitat? Someone is being a Scrooge ;) they did this at DS too and I just stopped participating..

saucysammis
12-19-16, 06:23 PM
Decoration is a personal thing. Some may enjoy decorating their forests with the decorations they like but quite a few do not care about decorations at all (no space for them anyway). I personally think decorations are useless. Like many, I feel winning decorations from "spin-to-win" events is a major disappointment.

I would totally make use of all my decorations if it was at all possible to accelerate the expansion process so that there was a surplus of space.

Rynetory2
12-19-16, 06:52 PM
Update:

Wonderful news Everyone. The team has fixed this for us! The additional Trees of Life will give Tree Toppers now. :D:D Have fun and enjoy your event!

(thanks to helpful members who posted to alert others - you guys beat me to it. :))

Eluzyion
12-19-16, 08:06 PM
N
Update:

Wonderful news Everyone. The team has fixed this for us! The additional Trees of Life will give Tree Toppers now. :D:D Have fun and enjoy your event!

(thanks to helpful members who posted to alert others - you guys beat me to it. :))

Thank you Rynetory for alerting them so quickly that they fixed it when they got to work Monday morning :)

chickenladyx14
12-19-16, 08:56 PM
I wasn't awarded any Tree Toppers when Secret Santler hatched from my second nest this afternoon. :(

Ellerslie6
12-19-16, 09:45 PM
This means there is no point in those who started playing in last 6 months buying the holiday hamlet. Habitats are too expensive and take up valuable space to only hold one animal.

Morag2000
12-20-16, 12:47 AM
Update:

Thank you very much Rynetory for getting the problem resolved, your help is very much appreciated.

DirkDragon
12-20-16, 12:58 AM
This means there is no point in those who started playing in last 6 months buying the holiday hamlet. Habitats are too expensive and take up valuable space to only hold one animal.

Holiday Hamlet now holds Fire animals too.

mutley00
12-20-16, 06:04 AM
Re: Holiday Hamlet - mine shows it's able to take both Christmas and Fire types...

sparklegirly
12-20-16, 07:46 AM
The community has reached the decorative chimney however it is not in my storage.

DirkDragon
12-20-16, 09:58 AM
I have to second others' complaints. Mathematically, it's unlikely to get the final individual prize even if you plant (6/hr), breed (1/hr), hatch (1/hr), evolve (1/hr), and collect toppers from the tree (1/hr) around the clock all day long. That's 10/hr (240/day). The amount of tree toppers from mining is not guaranteed. In the best scenario, you collect 4 mines a day. With 2 runes per mine (a reasonably good outcome as quite often we do get only one rune per mine), you can get 24 tree toppers a day (4 x 2 x 3). Therefore, in theory you can get 264 tree toppers a day. You can barely get the final individual prize at this rate, not to mention that it's impossible to play around the clock. With reduced benefit (less prizes and, yes, who cares about the decorations), there's not much incentive to play this world event. Storm8's intention to induce people to spend gems in this event may be a good wish at best as well.

It makes me wonder if anyone at S8 did the math. The cynical answer to that is YES, AND IF YOU SPEED BREED................
I'm not prepared to throw gems at this. The goals should be achievable without extreme tactics (and with one nest as not everyone has more). I work at this 16 hours a day, but I do need sleep!

Here's an idea! Storm8 reduces the targets to give everyone a break, BECAUSE IT'S CHRISTMAS! (Yeah, right!)

Sorry S8, but you're really making a lot of players unhappy and you need to recognise this.

Silverrain1
12-20-16, 11:40 AM
The community has reached the decorative chimney however it is not in my storage.

Mine isn't either. I have my one from last year only. But my second account got it

saucysammis
12-26-16, 12:15 AM
It makes me wonder if anyone at S8 did the math. The cynical answer to that is YES, AND IF YOU SPEED BREED................
I'm not prepared to throw gems at this. The goals should be achievable without extreme tactics (and with one nest as not everyone has more). I work at this 16 hours a day, but I do need sleep!

Here's an idea! Storm8 reduces the targets to give everyone a break, BECAUSE IT'S CHRISTMAS! (Yeah, right!)

Sorry S8, but you're really making a lot of players unhappy and you need to recognise this.

I have a slight chance of making it, haven't spent any gems.....but usually with the amount of steady gameplay I am currently doing I would be a day or two ahead. The idea that there would be a difficult world event at the same time as a storybook over a holiday period in which many players wish to step away from the screen is a mysterious to me. We don't have to try for everything, but I do and luckily I have stepped away from the screen as well but this is tight!

lunarwren
12-26-16, 12:58 AM
I have a slight chance of making it, haven't spent any gems.....but usually with the amount of steady gameplay I am currently doing I would be a day or two ahead. The idea that there would be a difficult world event at the same time as a storybook over a holiday period in which many players wish to step away from the screen is a mysterious to me. We don't have to try for everything, but I do and luckily I have stepped away from the screen as well but this is tight!

A very slight chance over here. I'm at 2155. These last two days of holidays slowed my numbers enough that I no longer think I'll make it. Will wait to the last moment to see how close I can get without spending gems and then decide if I want the last animal enough to spend the gems. I don't like this new way of doing world events.

Clark_Wayne
12-26-16, 01:01 AM
the tales reduced the chance for my baby account to finish world event to zero :mad:
my main account will make it because it has 2 extra nests but not my baby account :(

byteme77
12-26-16, 05:40 AM
Yet another final amount that's impossible without gem spending or extra nest give up trying these days for the final one

chickenladyx14
12-26-16, 02:02 PM
I lost 2 days of play due to inclement weather/loss of Internet. :(
I am 95 tokens short, no gem sale, and less than a day to go. Both nests are full as is the evolution flower so maybe - just maybe - I can acquire the cute floating balloon animal.

saucysammis
12-26-16, 02:07 PM
There are 22 hrs and 46 minutes left till the end of the event. I have 2246 tokens. 2 nests, a cute tree, 6 farms the den and the evo flower.

Farms: 22 hrs x 6 = 132
Den: 22hrs x 1 = 22
Evo: 22hrs x 1 =22
Mine: 3bombs x 3 =9
Christmas tree = 22
2 nests: = 44

Total = 251 at the most I can get without spending gems... so 2,497 is the most I can gather with a deficit of 103. Oh well.

It used to be that we got tokens from tournament battles. That would have helped.

chickenladyx14
12-26-16, 02:11 PM
I also have 6 farms and the Charlie Brown tree I forgot to mention. And a few bombs. It will still be close. :D

saucysammis
12-26-16, 02:42 PM
I'm going to do a bit of calculated speeding so as to minimize gem spending and win the goal.

Clark_Wayne
12-26-16, 06:13 PM
got the last individual prize couple hours ago :) but my baby account is too far :(

chickenladyx14
12-27-16, 12:15 AM
Festive Flier is now in storage. Best of luck to everyone!

kinetikos
12-27-16, 12:20 PM
We have received the final community prize, but I didn't receive the pop-up notice. In fact, thinking back, I don't think I received notices for any of the community prizes. Did anyone else notice this?

saucysammis
12-27-16, 12:26 PM
We have received the final community prize, but I didn't receive the pop-up notice. In fact, thinking back, I don't think I received notices for any of the community prizes. Did anyone else notice this?

I did get a pop up for it, as I was playing at the time. I also got pop ups for all of the achievements.

I ended up using about 50 gems all told to speed and then mine to get the final amount of tokens. I'm ok with that as it hurries me for the next expansion. This was a difficult event with a very high per day token goal. I don't know why a day of double tokens was not written in to it.

Hi ho and good luck all with the next event!

lydiatelad
12-27-16, 12:56 PM
Does anyone know the rarity of sweater donner and festive flier animals?

CocoMom101
12-27-16, 02:05 PM

The final community prize, the Christmas Tree hasn't shown up in my storage yet. Does it normally take a while?

sandygin
12-27-16, 02:23 PM
I don't have the christmas tree in my storage either. Did the community for sure reach that goal?

saucysammis
12-27-16, 02:39 PM
I got the pop up but I do not yet have the tree in my storage

Clark_Wayne
12-27-16, 02:57 PM
my baby account ended with 2601 ! :eek: thanks to my lucky mine :)

Silverrain1
12-27-16, 04:21 PM
No, I never got the pop up notification for any of the community prizes. I can't remember for the individual. Iv not checked again but wen I noticed that we had achieved the first community prize, I looked for it in my storage but it wasn't there. It might b now. I haven't looked. The other two community prizes are there but again, no notification for them.

CocoMom101
12-27-16, 04:51 PM
Got 2 trees in my storage now. The final community prize was awarded but a pop-up never came.

sparklegirly
12-27-16, 11:05 PM
I can say I did receive the pop up for the final community prize, and I do have two Christmas Trees and two Jack in the Boxes in storage, however, I still haven't received my second chimney!

I would like to add I'm so happy to put the Unique Christmas tree in storage. I have to say it's probably the only Christmas decoration I have that will never make a reappearance in my forest.

lydiatelad
12-28-16, 01:34 AM
What sure what the fuss is about whether we received community decoration prizes - if it had been an creature or habitat that would be a different matter. I have 2 Jack-in-the-ball, 2 Christmas trees and 1 decorated chimney.
Please could someone tell me whether sweater donner and festive flier are common, rare, super rare or ultra rare?

kinetikos
12-28-16, 10:32 AM
Does anyone know the hatching times for Sweater Donner and Festive Flier?

saucysammis
12-28-16, 11:36 AM
Sweater Donner is super rare. I think it's evo time was 24 hrs.... don't remember hatching time. I scrolled to check when I had a battle as that is one of the few places you can find rarity. I haven't hatched the festive flyer yet so cannot access the rarity details.

***The final community prize of a Christmas tree has not yet been added to my storage. While I do already have 2 of them, I feel on principle this should be addressed in a timely manner. If developers design a difficult event over the holidays that takes up our time then they should be held accountable to make sure we receive the prize when due.

At some point I expect the game to reach a level where I can decorate with all the decor in my storage. At that time I will be excited to place all of the trees I have won over the years.

Phoenix406
12-28-16, 11:39 AM
I think it took me 25 hours to hatch my Festive Flyer.

kinetikos
12-28-16, 01:44 PM
Thanks saucysammis & Phoenix406!

Silverrain1
12-28-16, 04:16 PM
Sweater Donner is super rare. I think it's evo time was 24 hrs.... don't remember hatching time. I scrolled to check when I had a battle as that is one of the few places you can find rarity. I haven't hatched the festive flyer yet so cannot access the rarity details.

***The final community prize of a Christmas tree has not yet been added to my storage. While I do already have 2 of them, I feel on principle this should be addressed in a timely matter. If developers design a difficult event over the holidays that takes up our time then they should be held accountable to make sure we receive the prize when due.

At some point I expect the game to reach a level where I can decorate with all the decor in my storage. At that time I will be excited to place all of the trees I have won over the years.

I totally agree. We work hard for our prizes. So if we achieve them, we should have access to them right away.

lydiatelad
12-31-16, 05:38 AM
I think it took me 25 hours to hatch my Festive Flyer.

Many thanks to saucysammis.
Phoenix, do you know the rarity of festive flier.
Thanks

Phoenix406
01-01-17, 10:41 PM
@lydiatelad Supr Rare. And the guide says it's 20 hours, not 25 like I thought.

lydiatelad
01-02-17, 05:53 AM
@lydiatelad Supr Rare. And the guide says it's 20 hours, not 25 like I thought.

Thanks, Phoenix

Rynetory2
01-02-17, 06:38 PM
Please confirm

Hey Everyone, Are we having a runaway Christmas Tree? Can you check and post your confirmation in this bug thread?

Festive Friends World Event! - Missing Community Prize (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96520-Festive-Friends-World-Event!-Missing-Community-Prize)

I still haven't got the final prize. Has this been looked into? Any body else?
I've moved your post and started a bug thread.

@CocoMom101, sandygin, Silverrain1 - Can you check as well?

supermaay
01-03-17, 01:15 PM
Please confirm

Hey Everyone, Are we having a runaway Christmas Tree? Can you check and post your confirmation in this bug thread?

Festive Friends World Event! - Missing Community Prize (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96520-Festive-Friends-World-Event!-Missing-Community-Prize)

I've moved your post and started a bug thread.

@CocoMom101, sandygin, Silverrain1 - Can you check as well?

I have two Christmas trees in Storage.

Silverrain1
01-03-17, 02:43 PM
I have two Christmas trees in Storage.

Did you get the chimney?

Rynetory2
01-03-17, 05:53 PM
I got the Christmas tree but not the decorated chimney. Thanks for looking into it. The chimneys a lovely piece of decoration.

I did not get the chimney either... added info to the post in the bug thread linked above. (For instance, I do have a chimney, and 2 trees.....but I had those before the event started! I'm now supposed to have 2 chimneys and 3 trees.

(I received the snow man....I went from 3 to 4 of them. I received the jack in the ball, so I now have 2 of them.)

I've moved both your posts here to the bug thread for tracking purposes so we wont miss anyone out. Please see my reply there. :)

Drachenia
01-04-17, 02:31 PM
I got the chimney and the Christmas tree :D