PDA

View Full Version : Winter Ball Event! | Cindy and Stanley and Yetis | till Jan 3

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

saphirie
12-19-16, 01:49 AM
I'm glad to see others are having the same problem as me. 3 days no yetis. Only got 2 enchanted one after the other and nothing since. Very frustrating.

LinkinPark92
12-19-16, 01:52 AM
I'm glad to see others are having the same problem as me. 3 days no yetis. Only got 2 enchanted one after the other and nothing since. Very frustrating.
Me too! So frustrating! I need to slay a few for 5 frost magic and I think it will be unable to get them this way.

Irma_Isle
12-19-16, 02:07 AM
Steed is now found for sale @ 200Gems in your Market for anyone who's interested

Steed is cute. But not THAT cute. Lol

Irma_Isle
12-19-16, 02:20 AM
Me too! So frustrating! I need to slay a few for 5 frost magic and I think it will be unable to get them this way.

Me too. But I'm at the moment when you get nothing but still laugh. This is my Fun Zone. So I dont care if most of my yetis go hibernate.

I have one. But dont want to slay him too fast. I'M working so hard to get him so I want to see him a little longer.

katbtodd
12-19-16, 02:43 AM

My two love being together

MoonVillage3
12-19-16, 02:56 AM
Lovely picture with them hiding behind the IcyWillows! :p

MoonVillage3
12-19-16, 03:05 AM
Me too. But I'm at the moment when you get nothing but still laugh. This is my Fun Zone. So I dont care if most of my yetis go hibernate.

I have one. But dont want to slay him too fast. I'M working so hard to get him so I want to see him a little longer.
To help you have fun in your Fun Zone:
Keep him there till your Stables are ready for the next collection. You can fight him down to the last 2 chops if you like and have energy. Before collecting from Stables get rid of him and when you collect from Stables.. I found it much easier to trigger another one.
They help too when you have to chop trees and rocks.. so no other beasts appear.

janf2
12-19-16, 03:24 AM
Same here. Its so hard for me to enter my game. I can easily enter my RS, BS and FS. But for CS, sometime I have to turn off my phone several time. Sometime I have to click try again for 30 min to enter. This is not new for me. I have this problem since Halloween event. But it getting worse...

I was having the same issues. I'm not sure what devices others are using. But I was playing on an iphone 4 and nothing helped me either. Then just by chance my hubby got a new phone for work and I got his old iphone 5, I was shocked it actually loaded and I could see everything on my board which hadn't happened in a long time.... also it was ridiculously fast. I didn't realize how slow my old phone was until I changed.

Gweenykay
12-19-16, 04:26 AM
I post rarely but must voice the lack of Yeti appearing from the stables. The hope each time I visit both lvl 6 stables quickly evaporates, especially when one arrives without a piece of the map, (two days ago)!

rulerofjennyville
12-19-16, 05:04 AM
I was having the same issues. I'm not sure what devices others are using. But I was playing on an iphone 4 and nothing helped me either. Then just by chance my hubby got a new phone for work and I got his old iphone 5, I was shocked it actually loaded and I could see everything on my board which hadn't happened in a long time.... also it was ridiculously fast. I didn't realize how slow my old phone was until I changed.

I'm starting to have the same issues.

AnisWa
12-19-16, 06:27 AM
Steed is now found for sale @ 200Gems in your Market for anyone who's interested

I just checked under nature (animals).....none in my market.

momo201
12-19-16, 06:30 AM
Wish i had noticed that you dont get your gems back Before I spent the gems :mad:

Same here. I want my 20 gems back. It has ALWAYS worked the other way - buy a trap - do it once - get gems back.

Also, this event is very frustrating. A yeti only appears once every day for me - after visiting my two stables 3 or 4 times each. So, I've been on the enchanted yeti phase for 3 days now.

I want my 20 gems back.

MoonVillage3
12-19-16, 06:38 AM
I just checked under nature (animals).....none in my market.
It appears after you have placed the Steed you made. It's then in Features and Market/Animals.

zayn95
12-19-16, 07:22 AM
I'm having the same issue. Got two enchanted yetis right away, on Saturday. Now nothing from my stables since. This is starting my 3rd day too with 3 yetis needed. Doubt I will finish this event. I'm very disillusioned with this event.

Irma_Isle
12-19-16, 08:21 AM
To help you have fun in your Fun Zone:
Keep him there till your Stables are ready for the next collection. You can fight him down to the last 2 chops if you like and have energy. Before collecting from Stables get rid of him and when you collect from Stables.. I found it much easier to trigger another one.
They help too when you have to chop trees and rocks.. so no other beasts appear.

That is a great advice. Thank you. Now I have solution for dire boar.

Have to second this.

riverly
12-19-16, 10:00 AM
I think the spawn rates for enchanted yeti have been fixed. I already got 2 this morning, just playing normally.

Dutchie27
12-19-16, 10:13 AM
I am collecting for 2 days, and have only received 2 map pieces.

judafarm
12-19-16, 10:14 AM
Been on the goal to get map pieces all day and after 6 stable collections NO YETI. This is ridiculous.

I am trying allready 3 days to get the maps...
since I have the shoes, there iwas just 1 Yeti ( in 3 days) but still not a map...

So frustreting

caron7
12-19-16, 10:19 AM
Just a tip: GoldNuggets can be found from chopping the OutcroppingRocks. I got 4 while stocking up on the 60GoldThread I needed. Of course I chopped many rocks but they are known as a rare drop from OutcroppingRocks and also Mines.

I am also seeing an unusually high drop rate of gold nuggets from chopping outcroppings. Hooray!

Andro45
12-19-16, 11:21 AM
I didn't have many problems with spawning yeti until I needed the enchanted yeti. Normally every 1-2 collections from stables, now nothing the whole day. *Just before posting I got one...*
I would like to have a yeti, but Stanley looks like he's pouting all the time and does he have a cold? His nose is a little red. So I wouldn't terribly mind if I don't get to finish this event.

As it is i'm doing events almost continously since august, looks like I need some rest. Stocks are dwindling and I haven't got the energy to replenish them.

brogansmom
12-19-16, 11:28 AM
I am also seeing an unusually high drop rate of gold nuggets from chopping outcroppings. Hooray!

I wish that luck would catch up to me!

caron7
12-19-16, 12:00 PM
I wish that luck would catch up to me!

I hope it does. I got two from chopping for the 60 gold, so I decided to keep chopping and go for the two steeds. Hoping for a few more nuggets! Good luck!

artemis78rh
12-19-16, 12:10 PM
It seems so much harder to get the golden thread than it was the silver thread.

rulerofjennyville
12-19-16, 02:46 PM

I got one from doing that. Maybe they are trying to replace the six we spent?

riverly
12-19-16, 02:52 PM
Does Stanley go into inventory first? Or does he appear in your kingdom?
I'm trying to decide if I should leave him at the tavern.

scavaig
12-19-16, 03:12 PM
Does Stanley go into inventory first? Or does he appear in your kingdom?
I'm trying to decide if I should leave him at the tavern.

He just appears.

belbar22
12-19-16, 03:45 PM
A severe lack of enchanted yetis for me. I have needed 1 more on my main account and 2 on my other account for 2 days now. Really hacked off.

Araleth
12-19-16, 03:57 PM
Same here. I want my 20 gems back. It has ALWAYS worked the other way - buy a trap - do it once - get gems back.

Also, this event is very frustrating. A yeti only appears once every day for me - after visiting my two stables 3 or 4 times each. So, I've been on the enchanted yeti phase for 3 days now.

I want my 20 gems back.

I agree. I want my gems back as well. It always worked that way in the past plus I haven't spawned a Yeti in two days so will never meet the goal for the Yeti quest.

perry5
12-19-16, 04:03 PM
Was stuck on Pt 9 for 2.5 days trying to attract yeties for frost magic...none would come. Finally up to Pt 12 now...have collected from my 2 stables 6 times and have had exactly 3 yeties show up...and only ONE of those gave up a piece of map (the first one...11 long collections ago). This drop rate is beyond ridiculous and well beyond the point of resembling anything close to "fun" or "entertaining." I don't think I care much for this new duo anyway...wondering if I stop partaking in this event now, will I spare my queendom from their unwelcome presence? ��

karissaceline
12-19-16, 05:25 PM
I am only at level 8 and tbh this event is just kind of boring for me and i think im gonna quit this event. does anyone feel the same or is it just me?

Gaillock
12-19-16, 05:36 PM
FINALLY, I was so happy to spawn a Yeti! But after almost 50 hits, no map pieces!

AnisWa
12-19-16, 06:12 PM
It appears after you have placed the Steed you made. It's then in Features and Market/Animals.

Again, Moon, thank you for all your help.

SpiritWind00
12-19-16, 07:16 PM
Please remember that posting flaming comments about s8 and/or the event etc is against the forum posting rules.

I will pass on feedback about the map pieces (I don't have any either) and see if something can be changed. Thanks.

riverly
12-19-16, 08:26 PM

My two love being togetherdo they walk together as a couple all the time? That's probably a silly question.

ladlasse
12-19-16, 08:36 PM
So after days of trying to get an enchanted yeti from my stables so I can complete level 9, as soon as I have all the materials to complete level 10, I suddenly get back to back yetis. One from each stable. When I need them in level 12, you know they will be missing again.

karlovivari
12-19-16, 09:25 PM
Oh my.

Could someone just start post #1 by stating:
1) You will not get your 20 gems back before you have won the prize Yeti
2) Stables will only rarely spawn Yetis. You may need to harvest the stables eight times before a Yeti shows up, sometimes less, sometimes possibly more.

I think the first one should be - To read the thread before asking the same question again!)))
And another point is that 5 Golden Nuggets is ABSOLUTELY POSSIBLE!!!
People, before freaking out, just take a minute to read the thread, it's full of tips.

lol, i did have some questions and did read the whole thread and , guess what, i found all the answers!and some awesome tips about nuggets!
and yes, IF i read the 20 gems question again - i think i ll get a tic :D
good luck to all!

lmirul
12-19-16, 09:49 PM
Hello, is it possible to get a map piece as a souvenir or do they stop dropping once the goal is complete?

jopik
12-19-16, 10:02 PM
Hello, is it possible to get a map piece as a souvenir or do they stop dropping once the goal is complete?

I don't think so. Once you get the 5th, the next chapter starts right away

MAnesi
12-19-16, 11:26 PM
The Yetis are not appearing when I visit the stables so I can't complete my goals.

Den8137259
12-20-16, 12:04 AM
It's so cute seeing two yetis in the kingdom! lol ★
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0GfG07UUAAQ5Rn.jpg

Sirelie
12-20-16, 12:37 AM
Enchanted Yetti is rare, and his maps it even rarer.
5 pieces of map I collected almost 4 days - from 2 stables each average 4 hours.

Please do what you have success with Winter Ball Invites? Of the 15 collection rom Blue Flower Penstemon I do not have any Invite :-O

cavegirl1
12-20-16, 01:51 AM
5 pieces of map I collected almost 4 days - from 2 stables each average 4 hours.

That's a pretty good strike rate. I am sure others will be envious. :) I have 3 maps in 3 days and am very happy with that. Jan 3rd is still a long way away so I think I have plenty of time to finish this

srh267
12-20-16, 02:07 AM
I haven't had a yeti at all for THREE days now ......... yawn.........

rulerofjennyville
12-20-16, 04:27 AM
I haven't had a yeti at all for THREE days now ......... yawn.........

I have gotten two yetis just no map pieces. I did get Stanly so if he's all I get I will settle for him. I still don't think I'm going to be able to get the Yeti but holding out hope for Cindy.

mcgray19
12-20-16, 04:54 AM
Spawning Yeti tip- I am currently keeping my stables collections staggered. After I defeat a Yeti I then wait 15 to 30 minutes and even power my phone down and back up before collecting from second stable. This pretty much assures I get a Yeti every time (once I got nothing and once I got a different creature) Having collections staggered also allows for energy regeneration. Hope this helps!

MoonVillage3
12-20-16, 06:07 AM

Please do what you have success with Winter Ball Invites? Of the 15 collection rom Blue Flower Penstemon I do not have any Invite :-O
I found WinterBall Invites at a drop rate of about 1 every 20 flowers. Both white and blue flowers drop invites but they're not so frequent. However good point is the flowers recharge in a couple minutes and invites are few to collect.. so no problem in finishing that goal.

BufftonHeights
12-20-16, 06:16 AM
I seem to be in a minority, but am enjoying this event. I'm currently on goal 12 which is the map pieces. It doesn't require constant use of my workshops or castle, and the rocks and trees are pretty generous with the materials needed. The yeti spawns are an issue and I'm sure it will take me 3-4 days to get my map pieces, just like the frost magic, but so what - there are 14 days left. The suggestion above to stagger the stable collections is a good one. Thanks.

MoonVillage3
12-20-16, 07:09 AM
I seem to be in a minority, but am enjoying this event. I'm currently on goal 12 which is the map pieces. It doesn't require constant use of my workshops or castle, and the rocks and trees are pretty generous with the materials needed. The yeti spawns are an issue and I'm sure it will take me 3-4 days to get my map pieces, just like the frost magic, but so what - there are 14 days left. The suggestion above to stagger the stable collections is a good one. Thanks.

Have to say I'm enjoying it too.. and even if Yeti is abit shy, I think there's more than enough time to complete this side-goal before next year!
All materials are easily found as long as you have energy.. so the trick is to make good use of your energy.
The end prizes are welcome to be part of the family as I feel that every kingdom story.. should have a Prince & a Princess.

Happy playing everyone.. let's make the best of our Christmas Story.

PS In post #505 I suggested how to sprone Yeti.. it's not 100% but works well enough for me.

riverly
12-20-16, 07:21 AM
This quest is growing on me. I find I don't have to babysit the game because I'm waiting on stables or more energy. And I'm not stressing about finishing it quickly. I wasn't sure about it at first, but just playing normally I got back into it. I was concerned about having more walkers, but a lot of times I don't really notice them anyway. And I have noticed a few references to dance- break; flash; etc.
And a reference to footloose.

odiewoof
12-20-16, 08:15 AM
No yeti and 4 super yetis needed. More yetis even so later on. This is really frustrating. I have tons of energies if i wan, just wasting em waiting for another 3 hrs plus every failure...

xiq24
12-20-16, 08:31 AM
Hi everyone

I may have a question regarding Part 13. with regards to the goal:
"Dress-up the sleigh bell steed (sleigh bell steed crafted in workshop: 60 gold threads, 50 horse hairs and 99 sleigh bells, 8h)"

Are we getting a horse we can place in our kingdom? If that's the case, I would make 2 :)

Thanks, and good luck to all towards Cindy

eam13
12-20-16, 08:35 AM
Am I the only one who is stuck on goal two? I'm level 50, dang it, and my gold mines have run dry. Can't find them anywhere, despite the lies of the "boosts", what a freaking joke.

ashley224
12-20-16, 09:18 AM
Hi everyone

I may have a question regarding Part 13. with regards to the goal:
"Dress-up the sleigh bell steed (sleigh bell steed crafted in workshop: 60 gold threads, 50 horse hairs and 99 sleigh bells, 8h)"

Are we getting a horse we can place in our kingdom? If that's the case, I would make 2 :)

Thanks, and good luck to all towards Cindy

Yes it is a horse, I have extra energy and I made three. Make sure you collect all the gold thread you need to make as many as you want before completing part 13 because the gold thread disappears. To do this, only request from 19 nbrs until you've collected all your gold thread, then make your last nbr request(s). Alternatively, don't collect your first steed until you have all the gold thread you need. You can continue to collect horse hair and sleigh bells and make steeds during part 14.

MoonVillage3
12-20-16, 09:31 AM
Am I the only one who is stuck on goal two? I'm level 50, dang it, and my gold mines have run dry. Can't find them anywhere, despite the lies of the "boosts", what a freaking joke.
have you tried chopping outcropping rocks? it's a rare drop but found many while chopping for threads.
gold mines should give you nuggets within a couple days of collecting
and the boosts.. ah! painful! only highers the possibility to find one, but it's not impossible, specially in 4 collections. activate when your mines are ready for collection.. not before! so you'll have time to collect another time before it expires.
Good Luck!

doodledoo20000
12-20-16, 09:36 AM
I managed to force myself to stay on Part 9 long enough to get two dancing enchantments despite the awful drought of yetis. I definitely did not want to try for three so now I'm trying to decide if I want the extra dancing enchantment or the extra shoe as a souvenir. What do you think? I have 1 1/2 hours to decide...

xiq24
12-20-16, 09:45 AM
Thanks so much for your reply Ashley. I will try and make 3 as well :)
I am collecting gold threads and bells like crazy as I noticed we can store up to 200 each.

You have sooooo many alicorns !! It is amazing to see !
How did you make all your pink alicorns? Have you found them in the tent ?

Congrats! Your kingdom looks fantastic !

MoonVillage3
12-20-16, 10:12 AM
For those who are interested in having a 2nd Yeti in their kingdom:
Drops still continue after you have received 'Cindy' and also when u've married them.
It's not necessary to keep the quest unfinished. It's still the shy Enchanted Yeti that needs -50Energy to fight and drops Fur as usual. The ability to craft is still in the WorkShop.

PurpleScorpion76
12-20-16, 10:50 AM
I'll be interested to see if I manage to get this finished. 1 Yeti a day isn't going to help. Then from. What I read I need many more dancing enchantments. At this rate I'll need to keep collecting into June to get enough frost magic to make the enchantments.

Gaillock
12-20-16, 11:14 AM
Please remember that posting flaming comments about s8 and/or the event etc is against the forum posting rules.

I will pass on feedback about the map pieces (I don't have any either) and see if something can be changed. Thanks.

Thank you SW. Sorry about that!

kcutie0829
12-20-16, 11:21 AM
Yes it is a horse, I have extra energy and I made three. Make sure you collect all the gold thread you need to make as many as you want before completing part 13 because the gold thread disappears. To do this, only request from 19 nbrs until you've collected all your gold thread, then make your last nbr request(s). Alternatively, don't collect your first steed until you have all the gold thread you need. You can continue to collect horse hair and sleigh bells and make steeds during part 14.
I wish I would have read your post before asking from all 20 neighbors. Can I still collect extra gold thread before crafting my first steed? Thank you!

brogansmom
12-20-16, 12:06 PM

I am stuck on goal two, as well. After spending 300,000 coins on rock outcroppings, I have collected only 2 golden nuggets.

tonyjosiah
12-20-16, 12:07 PM
I wish Yeti would've dropped from fighting Yeti. but at least I got 2! Don't know if I have enough patience to go for 3. But there's 2 whole weeks left so you never know. Just keep at it everyone! YOU CAN DO IT!

HuckleTown
12-20-16, 12:09 PM
I was getting a Yeti every time and a map piece, unfortunately when I defeated my 4th yeti and collected the 4th map piece (even saw it disappear from the screen and claim 1 map piece), the game froze. When I went back into the game, my stable was not collected and the Yeti didn't give me a map piece.

It's very frustrating how often the game connection resets when you are on a very stable internet connection.

nuttyangel_69
12-20-16, 12:13 PM
Don't have the time or energy to read through every single post to see if anyone's had the problem as me, but I'm a bit annoyed that doing the 'map pieces' section of the quest the enchanted yetis don't drop a map piece every time, considering that you have to wait 4 hours for the stables to be ready for collection again, and also considering that at max level capacity you can't have more than 2 stables and that they don't give you a yeti (enchanted or otherwise) EVERY time you colllect.
I have slain 6 yetis and only retrieved 2 map pieces; and due to the stables not giving me at least 1 yeti every time I collect from 2 stables, I've basically been getting only 1 yeti every 8 hours.
I don't like goals that take 5 seconds to complete, I LIKE a challenge but sometimes it feels like the creators of the quests think that people have 24 hours to do nothing but play their game (I don't know about anyone else but I sleep for at least 6-8 hours in a 24 hour period) and/or that they have loads of money to buy gems to just skip all the sections!
Some of us like the game to play for a bit of enjoyment at the end of a stressful day but we would also like to get the odd reward by actually being able to complete these quests and not always miss out because we don't play constantly all day long because we have other things to do.

papaservice
12-20-16, 01:23 PM
Don't have the time or energy to read through every single post to see if anyone's had the problem as me, but I'm a bit annoyed that doing the 'map pieces' section of the quest the enchanted yetis don't drop a map piece every time, considering that you have to wait 4 hours for the stables to be ready for collection again, and also considering that at max level capacity you can't have more than 2 stables and that they don't give you a yeti (enchanted or otherwise) EVERY time you colllect.
I have slain 6 yetis and only retrieved 2 map pieces; and due to the stables not giving me at least 1 yeti every time I collect from 2 stables, I've basically been getting only 1 yeti every 8 hours.
I don't like goals that take 5 seconds to complete, I LIKE a challenge but sometimes it feels like the creators of the quests think that people have 24 hours to do nothing but play their game (I don't know about anyone else but I sleep for at least 6-8 hours in a 24 hour period) and/or that they have loads of money to buy gems to just skip all the sections!
Some of us like the game to play for a bit of enjoyment at the end of a stressful day but we would also like to get the odd reward by actually being able to complete these quests and not always miss out because we don't play constantly all day long because we have other things to do.

Ok, what am I doing wrong. I can't even get the Yetis to appear. I keep visiting my stables to no avail😡

LilliDee
12-20-16, 01:27 PM
Me too. I've collected my stables four times in a row now with no yeti at either one. I have zero map pieces. Ever since the map piece challenge came up no yetis have dropped from my stables. What the heck Storm 8?

slamdr
12-20-16, 01:54 PM
I'm stuck on the Winter Ball event. I haven't seen a yeti in 3 days and the ones I saw no longer dropped anything i need

slamdr
12-20-16, 01:56 PM
I totally agree with you. It's a nice stress reliever, but it gets very frustrating when the game itself is the cause of stress.

sunnygirl210
12-20-16, 03:02 PM
I'm having the same problem now that I am on the map pieces. I was getting a Yeti pretty frequently until then, now after several collections I haven't seen any. I either get nothing or a monster I don't want. The Yeti appearance rate has definitely dropped and it feels like the odds are being stacked against us unless you want to spend gems.

awesome6204
12-20-16, 03:11 PM
I'm still stuck way back on Put so e Pep in your Step! I can't even get one yeti per day with multiple stables. I don't see me getting through this quest!

kajohn345
12-20-16, 03:21 PM
Where do I get wool for enchanting the shoes part ten? It's not in the original page and I can't read all the pages...

zoroak
12-20-16, 03:37 PM
Where do I get wool for enchanting the shoes part ten? It's not in the original page and I can't read all the pages...
Sheep and stables

fredss8
12-20-16, 03:38 PM
The yeti is random, the map pieces are random. I have been on this step for over 3 days.

jessiefromshimerville
12-20-16, 03:52 PM
I don't understand how I got 5 snowballs so I dint know what to do to get the other 45 snowballs that I need. Can some one please explain what I need to do next. I appreciate it. Rummage a bit but not finding a post.

Den8137259
12-20-16, 04:00 PM
★ Yeti drops fur ranging from 1, 2 to 5 pieces per yeti ★
★ snowballs I tend to chop a few at one go when I have full energy ★

But it's such an energy draining activity lol ★
Everyone please don't give up, we will complete this! ★

[S8] Regina
12-20-16, 04:01 PM
Hi everyone!

Here are some additional info regarding the Sleigh Bell Steed:

1) Once you have crafted your Steed, the parts (Sleigh Bells and Gold Thread) will no longer drop. However, the Steed will still appear in the Workshop. (Sleigh Bells do drop for the final quest.)

2) When the parts for the Steed no longer drop, you can purchase the parts with Gems, or purchase the Steed through the Market.

3) This also applies to the Snowoman - once it is crafted, the Snowballs will no longer drop.

tonyjosiah
12-20-16, 04:03 PM
I'm stuck and can't place the Dancing Trophy even though I've sold several royal decorations. HELP PLEASE.

rulerofjennyville
12-20-16, 04:08 PM
I'm stuck and can't place the Dancing Trophy even though I've sold several royal decorations. HELP PLEASE.

I'm not up to that yet but couldn't you just put it in storage?

meme1098
12-20-16, 04:22 PM
I don't understand how I got 5 snowballs so I dint know what to do to get the other 45 snowballs that I need. Can some one please explain what I need to do next. I appreciate it. Rummage a bit but not finding a post.

Check the first post on page 1...in part 5 chopping icy willows drop the snowballs.

ashley224
12-20-16, 04:55 PM
Thanks so much for your reply Ashley. I will try and make 3 as well :)
I am collecting gold threads and bells like crazy as I noticed we can store up to 200 each.

You have sooooo many alicorns !! It is amazing to see !
How did you make all your pink alicorns? Have you found them in the tent ?

Congrats! Your kingdom looks fantastic !

Thanks, the Pinkies were another Black Friday sale. All my birthday iTunes money went to Pinkies and Gold Mines. Good luck with collecting gold thread for your Steeds.

ashley224
12-20-16, 04:58 PM
I wish I would have read your post before asking from all 20 neighbors. Can I still collect extra gold thread before crafting my first steed? Thank you!
Yes, you can collect extra gold thread before crafting your first steed. The gold thread is available until you complete part 13.

ashley224
12-20-16, 05:06 PM
I'm still stuck way back on Put so e Pep in your Step! I can't even get one yeti per day with multiple stables. I don't see me getting through this quest!

Multiple stables? No one can have more than two stables. Make sure it is the stables that you are collecting from!

drepanum
12-20-16, 05:31 PM
This yeti thing is getting frustrating. I guess it's their nature to be illusion but once every 7 or 8 visits is enough to stop looking. ��

jessiefromshimerville
12-20-16, 05:35 PM
I have been chopping willows. But the story book says 5 snowballs and my inventory says 40.

midninghtcm
12-20-16, 05:36 PM
I really like you! I really resonated with what you stated, sounds like we could be friends LOL. How do you know we will be chopping some trees? Anything I should prepare for?

Sorry for the late reply. Its good to hear I'm likable. By this time you know we'll have to chop trees but I knew we would becauee of the icy willows we could buy. I also saw a package to buy that had the buttons and it just clicked. I've been playing CS long enough to figure out the mechanics of a quest. Especially becauae we get quests which are different but favours the same pattern.

We could tottally be friends. You can add me as neigbour and we can see if we make it through the winter ball event together

ashley224
12-20-16, 05:38 PM
I have been chopping willows. But the story book says 5 snowballs and my inventory says 40.

Have you tried the famous force close?

eam13
12-20-16, 06:09 PM
have you tried chopping outcropping rocks? it's a rare drop but found many while chopping for threads.
gold mines should give you nuggets within a couple days of collecting
and the boosts.. ah! painful! only highers the possibility to find one, but it's not impossible, specially in 4 collections. activate when your mines are ready for collection.. not before! so you'll have time to collect another time before it expires.
Good Luck! that is exactly what I've been doing this whole time. Not working. Ugh.

awesome6204
12-20-16, 07:44 PM
Yes I only have two stables and collect from them just over every three hours - another try just now and no yetis from either today:(

lorraine923
12-20-16, 09:09 PM
Please help me! I was on level 49 and lost my game. I got a ticket number from Storm8 support but that was in November. How can I get a response from Storm8 support?

tvangstanke
12-20-16, 10:19 PM
I just realized, the Yeti spawn rate is not off at all.

The Yeti is the most rarely sighted beast man has ever searched for. We are currently tuning in on the historic frustrations of hundreds of scientists and discoverers for whom the Yeti never spawned (appeared).

As this event is supposed to keep us warm far into January, the Yeti would be an obvious choice by the S8 team, and a clever pun.

tvangstanke
12-20-16, 10:20 PM

The Yeti is the most rarely sighted beast man has ever searched for. We are currently tuning in on the historic frustrations of hundreds of scientists and discoverers for whom the Yeti never spawned (appeared).

As this event is supposed to keep us warm far into January, the Yeti would be an obvious choice by the S8 team, and a clever pun.

Come to think of it, the MAP CARRYING yetis are probably frauds. What true beasts carry maps?
More likely they're lost scientists that have been roaming the wilderness for months trying to find their way back home. ;)

tvangstanke
12-20-16, 10:29 PM
Oh no! My first Sleigh Bell Steed just disappeared!
I was trying to move him up to the autumn carriage and it just dissapeared. Can't find him on the board or in the Inventory list. And no, I did not sell him!
Second Steed is currently crafting, and I am currently at the "You Are The Dancing King" goal.
Please help...

eagleeye1186
12-20-16, 10:33 PM
What? I just got a fang beast from the stables! After 3 days without a yeti, I'm wondering if the game even wants you to go further! I'm on round 6 and can't go any further without spawning 2 more yeti's.? Are they totally gone, is this a glitch? Something needs to change or there will be no reason to try any further! I'm android and do not have the option to have all of the alicorns that give energy. Every energy I have is valued highly! I would greatly appreciate your help in this matter!

MoonVillage3
12-21-16, 12:17 AM
Oh no! My first Sleigh Bell Steed just disappeared!
I was trying to move him up to the autumn carriage and it just dissapeared. Can't find him on the board or in the Inventory list. And no, I did not sell him!
Second Steed is currently crafting, and I am currently at the "You Are The Dancing King" goal.
Please help...
He's still there.. He's hiding behind the AspenTree beside your Cathedral. You can bearly see his foot moving. If you move the AspenTree and/or Cathedral you can see him.

tvangstanke
12-21-16, 12:43 AM
He's still there.. He's hiding behind the AspenTree beside your Cathedral. You can bearly see his foot moving. If you move the AspenTree and/or Cathedral you can see him.

Thank you so much, Moon <3 I have no idea how you managed to spot him back there. I've been putting half my Queendom in storage while searching for him, with no success. So grateful you came to my rescue! ��☺️��

MoonVillage3
12-21-16, 12:54 AM

Come to think of it, the MAP CARRYING yetis are probably frauds. What true beasts carry maps?
More likely they're lost scientists that have been roaming the wilderness for months trying to find their way back home. ;)
Quite right.. that's how the story goes.

BUT would be an idea if S8 helps abit in the spawn of Yetis! There are almost 600posts with 90% negatives.. this makes a road block disaster in the forum. Too many players can't find Yeti and forum lenghtens in only multiple pages of complaints so players needing help don't 'dare' read all the pages before posting as it's a never-ending repeat of the same exact complaint.

I love the forum.. it's a lovely place to meet intrested players, learn helpful hints and share various methods of completing goals.. but at this point experienced players keep away as ONLY S8 can resolve this problem. I'm sure our mod SW has reported.. but now we're asking please S8 to listen to this appeal.

Have patience all.. and hang on with the hope of S8's help. It's Christmas and the sharing spirit and happiness must reign.

MoonVillage3
12-21-16, 12:58 AM
Thank you so much, Moon <3 I have no idea how you managed to spot him back there. I've been putting half my Queendom in storage while searching for him, with no success. So grateful you came to my rescue! ��☺️��
you're welcome tvangstanke.. always a pleasure to help when possible :p

srh267
12-21-16, 01:28 AM
Having not seen a yeti for 3 days I posted a moan on here yesterday. Well, since then I have had 4 yetis, yay happy days ��
Anyway, apart from my negative post lol I tried not saving energy up and every time I've had less than 5 energy I've got a yeti - probably just a coincidence but try it, it may help.
Happy Christmas everyone ��������

SpiritWind00
12-21-16, 04:50 AM
Is anyone else stuck here? And, are you still stuck? If you are, can you send a PM or post here and I'll follow up in the morning... (Did you leave me a message on my wall? I can't get back into my game to visit if it was you.:))

tonyjosiah
12-21-16, 06:00 AM
Is anyone else stuck here? And, are you still stuck? If you are, can you send a PM or post here and I'll follow up in the morning... (Did you leave me a message on my wall? I can't get back into my game to visit if it was you.:))

Yup. That was me on your wall SW. & yes I'm still stuck. Thanks for responding!

fabulus12
12-21-16, 06:47 AM
I'm now on my third day on have collected only 1 map piece. I'm getting burned out very quickly on this one.

jacobie454
12-21-16, 10:42 AM
Where are the Yeti??? The game is no fun thuis way. 😡😡😡😡😡

foxon1968
12-21-16, 11:25 AM
I haven't seen any Yeti's either for at least 3 days, where are they, I can't move on without collecting 'frost magic'!!! Come on give us a bit of help here please ��.

MisterBlu
12-21-16, 11:54 AM
I have not seen a Yeti in 3 days either. I am also at the stage where I need to gather 5 Frost Magic from them. I just visited the stables and still no yetis. I was thinking of abandoning the quest and just going for the yeti but this is beginning to seem undo able given the drop rate.

PrincessCelestian
12-21-16, 12:07 PM
Large, white, furry creature. Walks upright on two legs. Long white arms. Last seen lurking around the stables of the kingdom yesterday afternoon. The ruler has been checking the stables religiously every three hours but has not seen said creature. She is afraid she may have scared it off. Answers to the name Abominable snowman, Snowie, or Yeti. Can be dangerous. May or may not be carrying a map piece or magic frost. If seen, do not approach and try to capture on your own. Contact your ruler at 555-NOYETI with any information of creatures whereabouts.

jlpotts
12-21-16, 12:26 PM
Sadly, I'm glad to see I am not the only one that hasn't got a yeti in 3 days, at a loss ....... :mad:

SpiritWind00
12-21-16, 12:40 PM
Yup. That was me on your wall SW. & yes I'm still stuck. Thanks for responding!
Ok, I've sent a PM and logged a report. Someone from S8 will post ASAP.

update: team are looking at this now. ;)

preinsko
12-21-16, 01:34 PM
Ok, I've sent a PM and logged a report. Someone from S8 will post ASAP.

update: team are looking at this now. ;)
Thank you! I got stuck on collecting map pieces. ****ed 1 yeti and got credit and 1 map piece. That was two days ago! I put the timer on and come back every three hours; but only get regular drops.

PurpleScorpion76
12-21-16, 01:49 PM
Thankfully I got 5th frost magic this morning and quickly got through the next goal or two (can't remember) and now have Stanley. But since then still no Yeti. Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling to find a Yeti. But 5 days is crazy! I'm averaging 1 a day at the moment!

slamdr
12-21-16, 02:00 PM

You have to purchase the Icy Willow from the market (go to the featured section). You get snowballs when you chop them down. 10 chops clears the tree.

slamdr
12-21-16, 02:03 PM

I'm totally stuck. Day 4 still no yeti at the stable.

jessielynn6583
12-21-16, 03:17 PM
I'm totally stuck. Day 4 still no yeti at the stable.

Glad I'm not the only one stuck. I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to complete this event when I can't get a yeti without draining my bank account. I only have 12 gems so I don't want to spend real money right now.

atidybear
12-21-16, 03:25 PM
Me, too. Still no yeti. No other monsters on board. Any suggestions, please

gracelinda
12-21-16, 03:59 PM
Thank you! I got stuck on collecting map pieces. ****ed 1 yeti and got credit and 1 map piece. That was two days ago! I put the timer on and come back every three hours; but only get regular drops.

I finally got a yeti today...after 2 days. And he did not drop a map piece:(

manusing
12-21-16, 04:00 PM
Sorry to have a Life out of this quest !!!!! No yeti since 3 days... Forget about this quest and the 20 or so gems you spent right from the beginning ... Have a wonderful holiday season everybody... Good luck with the yetis. I Will enjoy my family and my vacations..... Cheers...

rulerofjennyville
12-21-16, 05:23 PM
I got one map piece from a yeti. Then I stopped getting Yeti. I'm satisfied I at least got what's-his-name though I'd like the set. I've got 32 fur for the yeti - I don't think I'll make the goal there.

wonderboy9848
12-21-16, 08:21 PM
Always no map

StoryPlayer67
12-21-16, 08:21 PM
What is up with this. No maps on my devices. 3 days Ok please fix this problem please. On everyone so we can all have a merry Christmas.

hkcorrigan
12-21-16, 08:59 PM
Large, white, furry creature. Walks upright on two legs. Long white arms. Last seen lurking around the stables of the kingdom yesterday afternoon. The ruler has been checking the stables religiously every three hours but has not seen said creature. She is afraid she may have scared it off. Answers to the name Abominable snowman, Snowie, or Yeti. Can be dangerous. May or may not be carrying a map piece or magic frost. If seen, do not approach and try to capture on your own. Contact your ruler at 555-NOYETI with any information of creatures whereabouts.

This made me laugh so hard! I've been reading all the posts and am sad to see so many negative and angry ones. I get the frustration. I keep telling myself to have patience. But having a sense of humor beats all!! Nicely done!

midninghtcm
12-21-16, 10:48 PM
1 Yeti in four days! Darn. No other monsters on the board. Four days. Good grief. This isn't fun. Its not suppose to be rare than rare. Its part of the quest after all.

midninghtcm
12-21-16, 10:50 PM
This was done so well! It describes exactly how I feel. How we all feel

jopik
12-21-16, 11:10 PM
I'm not up to that yet but couldn't you just put it in storage?

I was stuck too. But kept selling the royal deco
Untill i finally could place it.
The walls/towers/arches/animals don't count.
You have to sell royal stuff like sand/ice deco or dragon/unicorn statues or carriage. That's it

Eluzyion
12-22-16, 01:23 AM
On part 13, you gather 60 gold thread, 99 sleigh bells, and 50 horse hair to "groom" or craft the sleigh bell steed, I'm gathering the items right now but wondering if we get to keep the steed after its crafted? Thx in advance for any info you have on it, sorry if this was asked too many posts now to go through them all :)

SpiritWind00
12-22-16, 01:27 AM
I was stuck too. But kept selling the royal deco
Untill i finally could place it.
The walls/towers/arches/animals don't count.
You have to sell royal stuff like sand/ice deco or dragon/unicorn statues or carriage. That's it
There will be a fix for this, if not already... you should not need to sell anything.

artemis78rh
12-22-16, 02:14 AM
I wasted a day and a half trying to get these map pieces and they still don't show up! After I **** the Yeti all I get is still fur . :(

ahomeforme
12-22-16, 02:18 AM
I am still at part 9 collecting Frost Magic. Knowing how rare Yeti is showing up, looks like there is no way I can finish this quest since it's like 13 days left only? Should I even bother to continue.....? Sigh

jesslau9
12-22-16, 03:21 AM
I wasted a day and a half trying to get these map pieces and they still don't show up! After I **** the Yeti all I get is still fur . :(

I ****ed 2 super yeti and got only fur too. They should at least make it a 100% drop

hkcorrigan
12-22-16, 04:00 AM
I am still at part 9 collecting Frost Magic. Knowing how rare Yeti is showing up, looks like there is no way I can finish this quest since it's like 13 days left only? Should I even bother to continue.....? Sigh

Yes, keep trying. Be patient. And always check to make sure you don't have any other monsters first before collecting from your stables. You can use some of the tips found in some earlier posts too such as staggering collections. I figured that even if it takes me 5 days each for the enchanted yeti steps, I'll still be able to finish. I'm being patient. Or at least trying to be. ��

Den8137259
12-22-16, 04:06 AM
★ a bad Yeti drought, that's all i could say lol ★

Babs526
12-22-16, 04:39 AM
I can't find the original post to give credit, but someone said they spawned Yeti when their energy was below 5. I tried it yesterday and got 3 Yedi after about three days of nothing. It worked again this morning. Of couse people would want to have full energy when collecting from the stables since it takes 30 or 50 energy to defeat these beasts. I leave my wizard school and alis available for when I get a yeti so that helps.

jodi0122
12-22-16, 06:44 AM
Three days and only one map piece. :confused:

rulerofjennyville
12-22-16, 06:49 AM

At least you're getting Yeti, I've hit a dry spell. No animals on my board, either.

Three days and only one map piece.

I think they're trying to get us to buy gems to speed up. The only map piece I got was when I broke down and used some of my gems to speed up the stable. Come to think of it that was the last time I got a Yeti period.

PrincessCelestian
12-22-16, 07:30 AM
This made me laugh so hard! I've been reading all the posts and am sad to see so many negative and angry ones. I get the frustration. I keep telling myself to have patience. But having a sense of humor beats all!! Nicely done!

Glad I could make someone laugh 😆😆😆 I did finally spawn some yetis and finish out my map. On to that steed! Good luck finding those yetis ya'll. Maybe they are so rare because of global climate change making them extinct. . . Oh wait but global climate change isn't real. . .

tigarlilyvol
12-22-16, 07:59 AM
I think the Grinch is visiting all our kingdoms.

artemis78rh
12-22-16, 09:21 AM
Thank you! I have ****ed 3 and got only fur. No map pieces in site.

regalia10
12-22-16, 09:33 AM
Yeti's don't seem to appear very often. I know no yeti will appear when there is another monster on the board, but even so I hardly see any yeti. Can you please help?

idrispad
12-22-16, 02:45 PM
This is utterly ridiculous. I've ****ed yetis for 2 days and have no map pieces (and that's with one spawning each time). None.

I got the initial 5 with no problem but nothing since and I have to get 10 to complete the goal?? Yes, there are 13 days left to run but this is not how I want to spend Christmas.

And is the reward seriously just another character cluttering up the kingdom?

Jennerwein1
12-22-16, 03:05 PM
On part 13, you gather 60 gold thread, 99 sleigh bells, and 50 horse hair to "groom" or craft the sleigh bell steed, I'm gathering the items right now but wondering if we get to keep the steed after its crafted? Thx in advance for any info you have on it, sorry if this was asked too many posts now to go through them all :)
Sorry if this has been asked before: can we make 2 steeds and keep them? Getting bored with the Yeti spawn rate, like the horse better anyway. Thanks in advance.

SpiritWind00
12-22-16, 03:37 PM
Moderator Warning

There have been several posts overnight about use of a ***** function. All posts referring to this have been removed. Without telling you what it is (!) if you read these posts, you need to know that playing that way is considered a ***** and cannot be posted about. If you have problems with your game and use this, then support will not be able to help you.

Disputes with Forum Staff/TL Staff
Please note that it is against the forum rules to dispute with forum moderators regarding a mod action in the thread. If you have a question about a mod action, please post in the Forum Disputes (https://forums.storm8.com./forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes)section, or send the moderators a Private Message..

idrispad
12-22-16, 03:46 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before: can we make 2 steeds and keep them? Getting bored with the Yeti spawn rate, like the horse better anyway. Thanks in advance.

Yes, I have two.

PrincessCelestian
12-22-16, 04:05 PM
This is utterly ridiculous. I've ****ed yetis for 2 days and have no map pieces (and that's with one spawning each time). None.

I got the initial 5 with no problem but nothing since and I have to get 10 to complete the goal?? Yes, there are 13 days left to run but this is not how I want to spend Christmas.

And is the reward seriously just another character cluttering up the kingdom?

You only need 5 map pieces to complete the goal. So if you already have 5 and it hasn't autocompleted then there may be other parts of the goal that you haven't completed yet. And yes. The prize for completed the entire event is actually two more walking characters. Stanley and Cindy.

ShibuyaCloth
12-22-16, 04:35 PM

You can, but you must start crafting the second one before you pick up your first one from the workshop.

Eluzyion
12-22-16, 05:40 PM

I just finished crafting and placing the horse, right now it is still showing in the workshop while I'm on the last mission of collecting from neighbors, I am still getting gold thread from rocks so going to try for a second since only a couple of my neighbors send :( i just hope I can get 20 in time, so in this time spot I'm going for hard to get gold thread. I think chopping only 3-4 chops at a time helps, I've chopped 10/10 and gotten 1 drop so I changed strategy lol good luck! :)

rulerofjennyville
12-22-16, 05:53 PM
Thank you! I have ****ed 3 and got only fur. No map pieces in site.

I've managed to get two now and both times I used gems to speed up my stable. I don't know if the yeti would have appeared if I hadn't. I need to do some more of those "play a game" goal to get my gems back.

BramawG
12-22-16, 06:01 PM
I won the dancing trophy but I could not place or store it. Had to sell. Now there is no way to get another. Anyone else have this problem?

Irma_Isle
12-22-16, 06:24 PM
I FINALLY get 5 fur from my Yetis. Twice. Seems like They are Twin Boss who have Fur more than any yetis before (only get 1 or 2).

But sadly, they dont drop maps. They are not the one who steal the maps.

This is Love-Hate feeling growing inside me. Lol

Jennerwein1
12-22-16, 07:04 PM
Thank you everybody for your response. Got two incubating right now.

stormyskater
12-22-16, 07:16 PM
You only need 5 map pieces to complete the goal. So if you already have 5 and it hasn't autocompleted then there may be other parts of the goal that you haven't completed yet. And yes. The prize for completed the entire event is actually two more walking characters. Stanley and Cindy.

You need the 10 more for the dance lesson adventure. Each adventure takes 5 maps and you have to do 3 adventures. The first five from the previous goal are used for the first adventure.

federerGOAT
12-22-16, 07:43 PM
You need the 10 more for the dance lesson adventure. Each adventure takes 5 maps and you have to do 3 adventures. The first five from the previous goal are used for the first adventure.

This is incorrect.
The map adventure (Winter Ball) you only need to do once, so only 5 map is required.

The adventure you need to do three times (Advanced Dance Lessons) requires silver threads, glimmerdust and sleigh bells.

stormyskater
12-22-16, 07:59 PM
Thanks for correcting me! I just assumed (yeah, I know what one gets when one assumes) the first adventure is the one we needed to do three times. I didn't read the titles.

SpiritWind00
12-22-16, 09:12 PM
I won the dancing trophy but I could not place or store it. Had to sell. Now there is no way to get another. Anyone else have this problem?
This was reported yesterday and fixed. Is your game under this ID?? If yes, I'll report it for you. Post here or send me a PM if your ID is something other than BramawG.

coolssp
12-22-16, 11:00 PM
I thought of making a resolution that I wouldn't get frustrated with CS for 2017. ;) But it's very hard. Last three days waiting for final map fragment and I'm still waiting ... The good thing is just went through a couple of pages and have decided to try spawning yetis with less energy trick :) This is the first quest where I'm not even looking at souvenirs...

Hopefully venting on the forum will change my luck, don't laugh, it's happened in the past!

idrispad
12-22-16, 11:01 PM

Aaaaggggh! I've wasted so much time! It says "advanced dance lesson"!! The " go to the winter ball" quest still shows as the top quest so, having not read it properly, I thought that was it. How come it's not vanished like things usually do when they are noo longer required?!

Thank you!

mellisama
12-23-16, 01:25 AM
For some reason my game lagged and I was unable to complete one of the quests. For example, in the enchanting shoes I clicked on ivy' hut but then the conversation or dialogue started again. So, I have to wait for the next time ivy's hut is collectable which is doable since I had to enchant the shoes. However now that I finished the intermediate dance quest it lagged once more so I saw the dialogue again. Now it says I have to enchant the shoes still which I already did in order to do the intermediate dancing lesson. But I already did that and I can't do it again because the enchanting potion is no longer available in the potions work shop. Has anyone else experienced these issues? I am stuck and cannot move forward in this quest.

SpiritWind00
12-23-16, 01:30 AM
Can you please reinstall your game and see if that corrects it. If not, please post so I can flag it with S8 before the weekend starts... thanks. I'll be on and off for the next hour or so.

ahomeforme
12-23-16, 01:57 AM
Coming back to this thread and posting a complain of no yeti showing in hope to get some spawning magic... lol... Somehow it works. Whenever I posted something, immediately if not soon, whatever monster required will start showing.
But I'm going to try the low energy collection too that someone shared earlier. Yeah, the common way to do it will be to collect with full energy.

coolssp
12-23-16, 03:26 AM
I thought of making a resolution that I wouldn't get frustrated with CS for 2017. ;) But it's very hard. Last three days waiting for final map fragment and I'm still waiting ... The good thing is just went through a couple of pages and have decided to try spawning yetis with less energy trick :) This is the first quest where I'm not even looking at souvenirs...

Hopefully venting on the forum will change my luck, don't laugh, it's happened in the past!

No, no luck yet... 2*2 collections but no yeti

amesw76
12-23-16, 03:52 AM
Four days straight I have collected from my stables and not one single yeti will spawn. I won't be able to complete this event and I am so discouraged. 😔

ahomeforme
12-23-16, 05:18 AM
Coming back to this thread and posting a complain of no yeti showing in hope to get some spawning magic... lol... Somehow it works. Whenever I posted something, immediately if not soon, whatever monster required will start showing.
But I'm going to try the low energy collection too that someone shared earlier. Yeah, the common way to do it will be to collect with full energy.
It really did work! I got a yeti in my next collection! LOL!!! Crafting my dancing enhancement now and off to more dance lessons!

tvangstanke
12-23-16, 05:57 AM
How are you on Yeti Fur?
I've got 45.

brock6789
12-23-16, 06:03 AM
Any ideas on how to spawn an enchanted yeti and getting pieces of the map. Even when a get a yeti I am not getting a piece of the map. Grrr

riverly
12-23-16, 06:38 AM
How are you on Yeti Fur?
I've got 45.i have 44. Right now I have my troll parked because I'm using all my energy on rocks and then I'll be hitting the willows. I guess I'll try for more yetis after I am done with that. Hopefully I'll be able to get yetis later. So much energy needed.

riverly
12-23-16, 06:42 AM
Any ideas on how to spawn an enchanted yeti and getting pieces of the map. Even when a get a yeti I am not getting a piece of the map. Grrri just played my game normally, and eventually I did get all my map pieces. It took me about 3 days, but at least I got a few furs towards the yeti.

riverly
12-23-16, 07:00 AM
Four days straight I have collected from my stables and not one single yeti will spawn. I won't be able to complete this event and I am so discouraged. 😔it sounds like you may have another beast on your board somewhere. That's too long to not have a yeti spawn.

lakeclub
12-23-16, 07:21 AM
I've not gotten a yeti in 3 days and check every time before I collect to make sure no other monster is on the board also. This is taking any fun left in CS away!

BramawG
12-23-16, 07:37 AM
BramawG Storm8 ID: BramawG my ID. Thank you.

mellisama
12-23-16, 10:08 AM
I reinstalled and it did not fix it

lunarwren
12-23-16, 10:30 AM
I finally got a fifth gold nugget today! Do you think there's still time to complete the event? I'm obviously WAY behind.

FrostedThings
12-23-16, 12:17 PM
It really did work! I got a yeti in my next collection! LOL!!! Crafting my dancing enhancement now and off to more dance lessons!

Well in that case, let me put on my complainer boots! LOL

I've been on this ridiculous map quest for 4 days now and have barely seen any yetis. And when one does miraculously show up, it drops one filthy, mangy fur... No maps! Argh!

What kind of trickery is this? This is the first time I've played that I didn't want to complete a quest. But I feel stuck because I already have lame Ugly Stanley. Now I need useless Stereotype Cindy to complete the dumb, lame pair.

S8 thinks they're slick, dumping Ugly Stan on us first. LOL. No one cares about him. He looks like he has a permanent cold with that ugly red nose. And the way he walks is dumb... Like he's moonwalking forward. LOL.

fish63
12-23-16, 01:04 PM
Don't know where to post, but what happened to the Christmas trees that were for sale? They were from years past and I planned to buy some and now only the gifts are available!

alexium
12-23-16, 01:46 PM
Don't know where to post, but what happened to the Christmas trees that were for sale? They were from years past and I planned to buy some and now only the gifts are available!

They're still there - look under Nature

meme1098
12-23-16, 01:46 PM

Tap Market, Nature, Plants. I still have them, hopefully you still do, too. :)

estelle_desir
12-23-16, 02:34 PM
Where are the Yeti??? The game is no fun thuis way. 😡😡😡😡😡

Me too: 4 days with no yeti. How this can be possible ? ✅👿👿👿👿👿👿👿

tvangstanke
12-23-16, 04:44 PM
i have 44. Right now I have my troll parked because I'm using all my energy on rocks and then I'll be hitting the willows. I guess I'll try for more yetis after I am done with that. Hopefully I'll be able to get yetis later. So much energy needed.

Good to hear I'm not lagging behind. I'm actually going all in for fur now. Realized I'm a bit ambivalent on having Cindy move in. Much prefer the ephemeral Yeti :)

Den8137259
12-23-16, 04:48 PM
Good to hear I'm not lagging behind. I'm actually going all in for fur now. Realized I'm a bit ambivalent on having Cindy move in. Much prefer the ephemeral Yeti :)

★ agree tvangstanke, the ephemeral Yeti is much lovable lol (:

midninghtcm
12-23-16, 05:49 PM
I vented here. Got two Yeti's and thought, Hey forum luck has rained down on me! And then, it went dark. Nothing. Nothing! Did you steal my forum luck? Lol or maybe it needs to generated again. *Does Yeti dance in forum*

HuckleTown
12-23-16, 06:34 PM
Midnight: I've stored my stable, maybe you can get my Yeti's. (I'm a pretty low level with only 1 stable and Yeti would spawn every time). So I've had to store my stable after accidentally collecting and spawning a Yeti when I need all my energy for sleigh bells, silver threads and invitations.

Ps. Any friends to busytown/HuckleTown please send glimmer dust. I need 3 more for my last dance lesson��

rulerofjennyville
12-23-16, 06:42 PM
i have 44. Right now I have my troll parked because I'm using all my energy on rocks and then I'll be hitting the willows. I guess I'll try for more yetis after I am done with that. Hopefully I'll be able to get yetis later. So much energy needed.

Interesting - I have 44 too. Maybe it would be possible for me to get the Yeti without gems.

missmeow21
12-23-16, 09:22 PM
Well in that case, let me put on my complainer boots! LOL

I've been on this ridiculous map quest for 4 days now and have barely seen any yetis. And when one does miraculously show up, it drops one filthy, mangy fur... No maps! Argh!

What kind of trickery is this? This is the first time I've played that I didn't want to complete a quest. But I feel stuck because I already have lame Ugly Stanley. Now I need useless Stereotype Cindy to complete the dumb, lame pair.

S8 thinks they're slick, dumping Ugly Stan on us first. LOL. No one cares about him. He looks like he has a permanent cold with that ugly red nose. And the way he walks is dumb... Like he's moonwalking forward. LOL.

I'm the same. No yetis and of the 2 that's have appeared in the last 4 days no maps!

ladyknightkeladry
12-23-16, 09:53 PM
I finished the quest, but just be warned, after you finish, you'll only spawn enchanted yetis, not normal ones :( I hoped that the yetis would go back to normal but no dice. Now it's 50 energy for every yeti and no guarantee of 2 or 5 fur for each. Ugh

HuckleTown
12-24-16, 12:26 AM
I finished the quest, but just be warned, after you finish, you'll only spawn enchanted yetis, not normal ones :( I hoped that the yetis would go back to normal but no dice. Now it's 50 energy for every yeti and no guarantee of 2 or 5 fur for each. Ugh

So my stable will stay stored until after the event then. Thanks for letting us know.

DrP4ever
12-24-16, 12:46 AM
So I'm at the step where you are to chop rocks to receive gold thread. My count between the Groom the steed and the gather thread are off by two, so I have to collect two extra thread even though I deleted and downloaded again. Okay took me 10 extra energy chops, minor glitch.

As for taming a yeti, I rarely find one and when I do it may give one fur or feather or whatever, there has got to be a way to get them to come ore regularly since it isn't even every 4 hours. And now instead of yetis I only spawn the weird tiger things from my stables. So I'm out the 20 gems and won't be getting a yeti it looks like.

These random drops are getting old. And timed events. I am still trying to finish the tour the glimmer wood but can't get the silly leaf things once a day either, sad.

fabulus12
12-24-16, 04:11 AM
I haven't got a yeti in over 5 stable collections, I have 2 stables, so 10 trys. I'm collecting map pieces. I started collecting on Sunday, it's been 5 days I have 3 pieces. This is crazy.

funone2014
12-24-16, 05:04 AM
I am having the same problem you are.I collect from the stables,no yeti and if one shows up waste energy for nothing most of the time.I think it is time for me to quit this abuse.��

ShibuyaCloth
12-24-16, 07:57 AM
Updated the pics:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?96167-Winter-Ball-Event!-Cindy-and-Stanley-and-Yetis-till-Jan-3&p=1378010&viewfull=1#post1378010

Missing the last chapter pics. I have still not 5 pieces of map

I am suspecting an abuse of Botox:
http://portailsmm.com/cs/stuff/guide_0203_0thumb.png_2v_31020.png

brock6789
12-24-16, 08:07 AM
Any helpful tips for chopping flowers for ball invitations

robotparade
12-24-16, 08:12 AM

LOL! I hope Stanley is prepared to hook up with one of the other ladies on the board because with the holiday and everything and how ridiculously stereotypical Cindy looks, I will not be working to get her.

I am suspecting an abuse of Botox:
http://portailsmm.com/cs/stuff/guide_0203_0thumb.png_2v_31020.png

At least he's not cross eyed, like some other character I could name.

rulerofjennyville
12-24-16, 08:12 AM

Animation wise he's a big improvement over the crosseyed fairy. Got my 4th map piece. This is a really slow slog. So I may only end up with Stanly. And at 49 yeti fur I'm not thinking I'll get the yeti. Especially seeing how rare they are.

illieland
12-24-16, 08:22 AM
I haven't got a yeti in over 5 stable collections, I have 2 stables, so 10 trys. I'm collecting map pieces. I started collecting on Sunday, it's been 5 days I have 3 pieces. This is crazy.

Same here, only two pieces so far. Six times in a row without a yeti. So 12 tries and nothing. Lots of days left, but this isn't fun anymore

rulerofjennyville
12-24-16, 08:23 AM
Same here, only two pieces so far. Six times in a row without a yeti. So 12 tries and nothing. Lots of days left, but this isn't fun anymore

They should have had the yetis come from farmhouses or something that we have lots of.

f000bar
12-24-16, 08:55 AM
Same here ... stuck to chapter 12 of 14. Currently having 3 of 5 map pieces. Getting one Yeti a day with 10 stable collections yesterday, but not every Yet drops map pieces.
Really boring event as you succeed very, very slowly :-(

BufftonHeights
12-24-16, 09:12 AM
I agree with others that Stanley is not right for Cindy. He is, however, imho a pretty good match for Sabina. Thurston better stop going on so many adventures and pay more attention to her . . . Merry Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate) to all my forum friends. This game would not be nearly as much fun without you.

HuckleTown
12-24-16, 10:08 AM
Regarding Yeti spawn, it might be worth storing one of your stables. I only have one and spawn a Yeti almost every time.

Just my opinion but what could it hurt to try for a day? The double stable collection isn't working.

PurpleScorpion76
12-24-16, 10:32 AM
Got my 3rd map piece today, might have the other 2 by the time Christmas is over. Lol.

meme1098
12-24-16, 10:36 AM
I agree with others that Stanley is not right for Cindy. He is, however, imho a pretty good match for Sabina. Thurston better stop going on so many adventures and pay more attention to her . . . Merry Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate) to all my forum friends. This game would not be nearly as much fun without you.

Uh, oh. Could there be a divorce looming in your kingdom? I also think, Shibuyacloth, he's had a bit too much Botox..lol.

msmorg
12-24-16, 12:22 PM
Regarding Yeti spawn, it might be worth storing one of your stables. I only have one and spawn a Yeti almost every time.

Just my opinion but what could it hurt to try for a day? The double stable collection isn't working.
Im going to try that but things may get worse, as it seems since i complained Im getting less yetis instead of more, and if they hear you have found a way to get more they may fix that.

RevdKathy
12-24-16, 12:37 PM
Meh. I'd complain about one yeti per day, and only a third of them having map pieces. But I'm not very invested in this. There's ten days to go yet, so I still have a reasonable chance of completing. Though I'm not sure I care much whether I do or not.

I have a full day of work tomorrow, so no games will get attention. Patients before yetis!

Merry Thingy and Happy Wotsit - enjoy whatever you celebrate.

coccochin
12-24-16, 01:04 PM
I have only one stable and I spawn a Yeti almost every time I collect.

msmorg
12-24-16, 05:32 PM
Collected 3 times today with 2 stables; after last collection i stored one and just now collected from the one, no yeti😣. Fourth day on chapter 12 and still need 2 more map pieces.

ShibuyaCloth
12-24-16, 06:12 PM
Collected 3 times today with 2 stables; after last collection i stored one and just now collected from the one, no yeti��. Fourth day on chapter 12 and still need 2 more map pieces.

Get your second out. I am in the same situation. Just waiting that I get a yeti, just hopping I get a piece after the last blow. So far not so successful.

koselig
12-24-16, 06:30 PM
Collected 3 times today with 2 stables; after last collection i stored one and just now collected from the one, no yeti. Fourth day on chapter 12 and still need 2 more map pieces.

So glad to hear it is not just me who never gets yetis - I keep thinking I must have another monster hiding somewhere.

coolssp
12-24-16, 07:59 PM

Have you bought your lottery ticket yet ;) LOL

coolssp
12-24-16, 08:02 PM
Winter ball invites look to be as rare as map, just spent 40 energy and not a single one :(

ladlasse
12-24-16, 08:12 PM
Inventory shows I have 62 gold threads, but the goal only shows 55. I've force closed, but it hasn't changed. Any thoughts? Seems like I should get credit for the full 62.

dipwid
12-24-16, 08:22 PM
I fear I'll have to give up on this one. I've hit the stables every few hours for multiple days and no yetis. I am stuck on part 9. Any ideas?

rleethalme
12-24-16, 08:49 PM
Finished today - got Stanley and Cindy and a Yeti without using gems - took only 11 days so with 10 more days to go you should be able to finish. Yetis are slow in coming true, but just keep plugging away. If they don't come just do your regular stuff until the next collection.

Remember this is a 21 day event so you can't expect to get Yetis every time or it would be over in 10 days or less. If you are on Chapter 9 or more there is no way you can't finish this unless you quit. I think even if you started today you could still finish it with a little luck.

rleethalme
12-24-16, 08:51 PM
Inventory shows I have 62 gold threads, but the goal only shows 55. I've force closed, but it hasn't changed. Any thoughts? Seems like I should get credit for the full 62.

For the goal you have to collect 60, it doesn't count what you have in inventory. Just chop a few more rocks

DrP4ever
12-25-16, 01:50 AM

I had to collect extra too, it didn't count them all strangely so I hammered away a few more and then it counted. I even deleted and reinstalled my game and it didn't change the count. It's a glitch.

kumkibaby
12-25-16, 06:00 AM
I am trying to collect from my 2 stable for the past two days. Not even a single map piece is collected. Dont have enough gems too... Its going to be another event where after spending all the inventory and time.. no goal is achieved..

Feeling sad :( .. Why cant the stables give a map piece at least twice a day ?

hagypagy
12-25-16, 06:24 AM
All finished :D

Cindy was a nice Xmas present for my kingdom
Thanks Storm8 for a great event!

I found the goals in the timeframe were spot on , enough to do without being overly stressful
A little mundane chopping so many trees and rocks but otherwise great

Getting the 70 Yeti Furs timed perfectly with finding the map pieces for me :eek: So pretty happy there
Loving my new Yeti! Looks great as part of my Monster Stable :)

Good luck to everyone still going!
Plenty of time left, so relax and enjoy :) x

carebear0211
12-25-16, 09:35 AM
It's not a glitch. You likely have left over gold thread from the previous pants crafting goal. This goal says to "gather" 60 gold thread. Gold thread already in your inventory does not count. Good luck everyone!

fairytaleprincss
12-25-16, 10:03 AM
Is there a trick to getting enchanted yetis to drop map pieces? I've been stuck for 6 days on this quest. I've battled 15 enchanted yetis and only received 1 map piece. I don't have $ to invest 100 gems to complete. I'm so frustrated

ncoop11
12-25-16, 10:24 AM
I know this is not the right place for this question, but maybe some one can tell me where to post it. This is my 3ed time asking this question from Storm 8 & Teamlava and no answer. I got a new device & I want to know how to sign in to my account on it. It only offers me to make a new account. So if anyone can please help me out. I'd be so greatful
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

bellebow
12-25-16, 10:44 AM
Ncoop Go to the Hub and post #3tells how to transfer to a new device

msmorg
12-25-16, 01:28 PM
Yea! Finally got my map pieces! I put a stable in storage and collected from remaing storage and got nothing. However when i put the 2nd stable back and collected the next time i got a yeti from both with map pieces. Maybe just a coincidence but I'm so happy!

newzealander
12-25-16, 03:30 PM
2 and a half days with not a single yeti! Regularly checking, and definitely no other monster on the board. I asked Santa for patience on my wish list this Christmas, and I don't think he got my list in time. So come on, S8 - have some Christmas spirit - please bump that drop rate up a little!

scotslassuk
12-25-16, 04:04 PM
I have got to say I'm now on The dancing lessons part 3of the lessons takes 50 Silver Thread and 99Bells EACH!! Lasting 8hrs per lesson!!! THIS IS BRAIN DAMAGE!! No wonder so many are leaving!! I now fully understand when they say they are "Fed Up" well am at a loss for words(not like me!) This has been one of the worst quests YET!! Also I've still not been able to make the Yeti as they are as rare as the SIGHT OF SANTA!! Where's the fun in all this?? We can't clear our kingdoms neither can nbrs who are doing this thus our community star drops!! I refuse to throw money at this game to purchase gems after last fiasco!! While am on a RANT get a Gem recognition button put in, am sick losing gems with the slip of a finger!! If I do all this and run out of time because AFTER ALL IT'S CHRISTMAS and WE have a life (am done for the night that's why am on!) and can't be glued to the game 24/7 I will be joining the leaving team cause it may only be a game but am done with the low drops and the repetitive plant/chop/pick smash repeat routine!! I also did spend 20gems on the yeti trap only to then realise we don't get them bk unless we craft the stupid YETI!! Yeah if you can find one!!.....RANT OVER FOR NOW!!
Merry Christmas🎅

rulerofjennyville
12-25-16, 04:57 PM
I have got to say I'm now on The dancing lessons part 3of the lessons takes 50 Silver Thread and 99Bells EACH!! Lasting 8hrs per lesson!!! THIS IS BRAIN DAMAGE!! No wonder so many are leaving!! I now fully understand when they say they are "Fed Up" well am at a loss for words(not like me!) This has been one of the worst quests YET!! Also I've still not been able to make the Yeti as they are as rare as the SIGHT OF SANTA!! Where's the fun in all this?? We can't clear our kingdoms neither can nbrs who are doing this thus our community star drops!! I refuse to throw money at this game to purchase gems after last fiasco!! While am on a RANT get a Gem recognition button put in, am sick losing gems with the slip of a finger!! If I do all this and run out of time because AFTER ALL IT'S CHRISTMAS and WE have a life (am done for the night that's why am on!) and can't be glued to the game 24/7 I will be joining the leaving team cause it may only be a game but am done with the low drops and the repetitive plant/chop/pick smash repeat routine!! I also did spend 20gems on the yeti trap only to then realise we don't get them bk unless we craft the stupid YETI!! Yeah if you can find one!!.....RANT OVER FOR NOW!!
Merry Christmas��

I'm still playing but have decided I don't care if I don't get Cindy - I'd rather have the rainbow unicorn from the elves challenge. Alienating people means you loose players so I don't understand why they keep doing this. We complain about it every time. And the Yeti are equally hard to get.

rulerofjennyville
12-25-16, 06:26 PM
So I'm done getting the bells and am crafting the sleigh bell steed. I'm getting that this is an actual horse I can place in my kingdom. Does it give off anything besides horse hairs and carrots?

EnchantedAcres2
12-25-16, 06:46 PM
I know this is not the right place for this question, but maybe some one can tell me where to post it. This is my 3ed time asking this question from Storm 8 & Teamlava and no answer. I got a new device & I want to know how to sign in to my account on it. It only offers me to make a new account. So if anyone can please help me out. I'd be so greatful
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

The easiest way is to use either Dragon story or Fantasy forest story. In the upper right corner of those games if you click the Storm icon at the top of the downloadable games it offers an account setting option and in that setting option it offers a transfer option. If you transfer one game it will give you an option to transfer all games under the same game ID. If you don't have DS or FS check any other Storm 8 games you have to see if they have a account setting option. If they don't then I would suggest you download either DS or FS and attach the same game ID and then use the account setting file to transfer castle story. It seems faster doing it this way than asking for help.

kellzbellz
12-25-16, 08:04 PM
I've collected one drop from my sleigh bell steed & it only dropped horse hair...sigh...😕

cavegirl1
12-25-16, 08:51 PM
I just wanted to add to those who have said this is an achievable goal. Yes, the map pieces were frustrating. I think having 2 random requirements, the yeti and then the map piece, made this feel like this part would take forever and that I had to check stables whenever I could manage it.

But after that, I really felt I could play at my own pace. It just needed energy and it was up to me, with plenty of time left, to play at a frequency that suited me. Having an 8 hour adventure was actually nice. And so I finished with lots of days left. And also managed to get my yeti, with my last 2 that spawned dropping 5 fur pieces each! Luck was on my side there.

So for those still on the maps, hang in there. Hopefully you will look back and think, well actually that was okay :)

cavegirl1
12-25-16, 08:52 PM
I've collected one drop from my sleigh bell steed & it only dropped horse hair...sigh...��

But they are very pretty , so I forgive them ;)

Perry9877
12-25-16, 10:01 PM
I don't know if this has already been asked or specified but are the yetis ONLY appearing when you click on stables?
I'm at max level capacity and can only have 2 stables in my kingdom so only 2 opportunities every few hours to collect. I've collected from both stables 3 times now and only got the initial yeti (and no, I don't have another monster anywhere on the board, I've double checked just in case).
So, I need 20 yeti things to create the dance mask but it looks like they're only going to appear every few collects from stables so it's going to take quite some time.
I appreciate we have 21 days to complete this quest but it seems a bit harsh that at least one yeti doesn't appear every collect, or am I just being finicky?
Plus after reading others comments on here there's no way I'm wasting gems to buy a trap when you don't even get a few gems back!

I am wondering this also. I have not seen an answer yet. It seems this is a new trend. Most recently with the raccoon/jeweller combo. The whole nonsense of Royal Points is just silly. I have been playing this game since it came out of beta testing and to have my Level, Royal Points, Land Expandsions limited they are is ludicrous. I have so much awesome stuff in my inventory that I have no room for. And it keeps coming.

You get yetis only from normal stables, but they do not always spawn yetis. Sometimes you get other monsters or sometimes no monsters at all, and you are back to waiting a few more hours. :-(

scotslassuk
12-25-16, 11:06 PM
So I'm done getting the bells and am crafting the sleigh bell steed. I'm getting that this is an actual horse I can place in my kingdom. Does it give off anything besides horse hairs and carrots?

Yes its an actual horse you can place in your kingdom. So far mine has only dropped horse hair! Not holding my breath for anything exciting dropping from it😡

SpiritWind00
12-26-16, 12:08 AM
The Sleigh Bell steed is a normal horse with drops of carrots, horse hair, fertiliser and sugar.

Post 2 has all of the goals written up with notes and tips. Yetis are only from stables and no they do not spawn every collection. A few players have posted that what works for them is only having 1 stable on your board, or collecting from a stable when energy is low. Some players have good luck, others not very much luck. Yes we all dislike random drops. Yes I have passed on feedback. Just keep going if you want to.

Keep in mind part 13 will take you 1-2 days, and part 14 will take 2-3 days.

kajohn345
12-26-16, 12:12 AM
I'm still playing but have decided I don't care if I don't get Cindy - I'd rather have the rainbow unicorn from the elves challenge. Alienating people means you loose players so I don't understand why they keep doing this. We complain about it every time. And the Yeti are equally hard to get.

What is the rainbow unicorn elves challenge?

its the alicorn you get from the Elven outpost. That thread is also a sticky thread and there's a whole thread in the Hub sub forum too. Thanks! SW :)

Nekohoshi
12-26-16, 12:17 AM
I really love energy base events because I can rush it and get the prize. Then go back to store up energy drinks and farming my plants without needing to worry about a chapter ending soon.

DrP4ever
12-26-16, 02:07 AM
I am wondering this also. I have not seen an answer yet. It seems this is a new trend. Most recently with the raccoon/jeweller combo. The whole nonsense of Royal Points is just silly. I have been playing this game since it came out of beta testing and to have my Level, Royal Points, Land Expandsions limited they are is ludicrous. I have so much awesome stuff in my inventory that I have no room for. And it keeps coming.

You get yetis only from normal stables, but they do not always spawn yetis. Sometimes you get other monsters or sometimes no monsters at all, and you are back to waiting a few more hours. :-(

Yes you can only get the Yeti from stables and can only have 2 stables and no they don't always spawn a Yeti. Boring!

scavaig
12-26-16, 03:47 AM
I do feel a bit sorry for S8 about this quest.

If it had been an intensive quest everyone would have been moaning it was impossible to do over the Christmas holiday. If they gave us nothing to do we would have found that equally unacceptable.

So they gave us an event which was intended to only need the game to be looked at once every 3.5 hours ( quite doable - even over Christmas) and intended to take several weeks ... We knew that from the length of time they gave us.

To do that they had to make the drops rare - which they did .... And there is still a week to go.

To be honest this quest was a necessary evil over the holiday.

I am sure S8 are listening and realise yes we hate random drops .... But what else could they do. If you think about it , it was a master stroke. Something to do over the holiday but not too intensive that people could not do it.

It's really just holding a place over the break.

Yes I agree it is boring waiting for the drop and yes I don't think it was incredibly inventive or seasonal - but it served a purpose.

I think it gave the right balance of babysitting at Christmas - but agree it was soooooooo frustrating at times.

But please ........Please ..... Please S8 can we go back to the proper story line in the new year? Xxx

riverly
12-26-16, 06:31 AM

If it had been an intensive quest everyone would have been moaning it was impossible to do over the Christmas holiday. If they gave us nothing to do we would have found that equally unacceptable.

So they gave us an event which was intended to only need the game to be looked at once every 3.5 hours ( quite doable - even over Christmas) and intended to take several weeks ... We knew that from the length of time they gave us.

To do that they had to make the drops rare - which they did .... And there is still a week to go.

I am sure S8 are listening and realise yes we hate random drops .... But what else could they do. If you think about it , it was a master stroke. Something to do over the holiday but not too intensive that people could not do it.

Yes I agree it is boring waiting for the drop and yes I don't think it was incredible inventive or seasonal - but it served a purpose.

I think it gave the right balance of babysitting at Christmas - but agree it was soooooooo frustrating at times.

But please ........Please ..... Please S8 can we go back to the proper story line in the new year? Xxxi agree that the timing of it was good, and all that, but for me the end prizes are major disappointment. Well, except for the yeti. I didn't want two more walkers, and I'm stuck with Stanley.

msmorg
12-26-16, 09:28 AM

Yes I agree it is boring waiting for the drop and yes I don't think it was incredibly inventive or seasonal - but it served a purpose.

But please ........Please ..... Please S8 can we go back to the proper story line in the new year? Xxx

I see your point regarding completing the goal to get new characters, however, if by the end of the event we can't get enough yeti fur to get our 20 gems back, even with babysitting stables every 3 hours, then I will feel *****ed out of 20 gems, which is a LOT. That's the part that is making this quest no fun at all, wanting to quit because its frustrating and boring but you keep going hoping by some miracle you will be able to get 70 before time expires.

PrincessCelestian
12-26-16, 09:54 AM
I've collected one drop from my sleigh bell steed & it only dropped horse hair...sigh...😕

They seem to have the regular drops of a horse. Which kind of makes me happy. I think the horses are ugly and these are super pretty so I can get rid of a few of my ugly horses now 😉😉😉

orleansparish
12-26-16, 10:39 AM
Im now on day 3 of looking for Maps. Ive had about 4 Yetis show up in 3 days and not one dropped a map. It shouldnt be so rare for them to appear anyways! And im waking up in the middle of the night to collect from the stables. Nada is appearing!

esh161
12-26-16, 11:56 AM
I have been going for days!!! And even if a yeti finally appears he does not drop a map!!! This one in particular makes you want to delete all....but then you think of all the time and money wasted and can't quite delete.... definitely the worst one ever

Andro45
12-26-16, 12:12 PM
Something weird happened in my other kingdom... I had lot's of trouble loading video's, but today they loaded, but I got some funny messages saying "earn 1" on a black field with gray buttons ("watch" and "No thanks"). Later I had a pop up (Castle Story lay out) saying "You current energy has been increased by 12" and I have no idea why...Other than that I can't complain much. Spawn rates for the yeti's are decent enough.

In my first kingdom I have tamed a yeti (yay!) and I'm trying to decide wether or not to go for a second one. First I need some more gold thread, because I decided to have a second steed. Now all I have to do is not to be stupid and collect the steed I'm currently primping.

I understand that the sleigh bells will keep dropping in the next part. Can those be used for the steed?

FrostedThings
12-26-16, 02:30 PM
Any helpful tips for chopping flowers for ball invitations

Not sure if anyone answered yet, but I had luck with the white flowers. I got 7 invitations and none of them came from the blue flowers. But someone else had luck with the blue. I would suggest only collecting from white or blue. See if you get any invitations. If not, try the other color.

For about every 30 white flowers I tended, I got one invite.

Galavent
12-26-16, 02:36 PM
How can I get the golden Nuggets I cannot get any. I have use the boast, and mine the mines and nothing. I've have been stuck on this forever. It is not fair that they want us to give it to the yeti. But we cannot get those nuggets.

RevdKathy
12-26-16, 02:46 PM

I have to agree with this. If they'd put out storyline over Christmas there would have been an awful outcry. This is optional. And if you don't make it you don't lose something that drops anything really important, just Kingdom walkers. It's slow but we have ages to do it. The pain is either people who want to do it quickly or people early on who don't have a reliable source of nuggets. It's a bit boring - 400 bells for the last goal alone - but we can take our time and get on with living. And S8 staff can get a holiday.

PrincessCelestian
12-26-16, 04:21 PM
Something weird happened in my other kingdom... I had lot's of trouble loading video's, but today they loaded, but I got some funny messages saying "earn 1" on a black field with gray buttons ("watch" and "No thanks"). Later I had a pop up (Castle Story lay out) saying "You current energy has been increased by 12" and I have no idea why...Other than that I can't complain much. Spawn rates for the yeti's are decent enough.

In my first kingdom I have tamed a yeti (yay!) and I'm trying to decide wether or not to go for a second one. First I need some more gold thread, because I decided to have a second steed. Now all I have to do is not to be stupid and collect the steed I'm currently primping.

I understand that the sleigh bells will keep dropping in the next part. Can those be used for the steed?

Yes they keep dropping. But makes sure you have enough gold thread because it switches to silver thread in the next part. I wish I had stayed on that one for days and days and made a whole bunch. Especially since I am already totally done with the quest. And the steeds are 200 gems to buy!!

artemis78rh
12-26-16, 06:20 PM
I am unable to get anything from my blue and white flowers. Also for all the rocks I'm chopping into you'd think I would get at least 1 gold nugget (25 rocks) .

freddy1343
12-26-16, 06:50 PM
I am unable to get anything from my blue and white flowers. Also for all the rocks I'm chopping into you'd think I would get at least 1 gold nugget (25 rocks) .

I tried, but did not find any invitations until after I received the trophy. Then received one from blue flowers, the rest from white. Good luck!

cavegirl1
12-26-16, 07:29 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else hope to see Stanley trip over because he is so intent on looking at me to check I am watching him, rather than looking where he is going?

cavegirl1
12-26-16, 07:31 PM

I had a slow start for the flowers but once I got my first, they seemed to appear more frequently. I did 10 each time and for the last few, got one out of 10.

cavegirl1
12-26-16, 07:33 PM
I see your point regarding completing the goal to get new characters, however, if by the end of the event we can't get enough yeti fur to get our 20 gems back, even with babysitting stables every 3 hours, then I will feel *****ed out of 20 gems, which is a LOT. That's the part that is making this quest no fun at all, wanting to quit because its frustrating and boring but you keep going hoping by some miracle you will be able to get 70 before time expires.

With anything that requires gems, (which is normally a sideline) I must admit I wait to see what the forum says, so maybe something to take away for future events. In this case, I luckily didn't need to do that goal at all.

rulerofjennyville
12-26-16, 07:36 PM
I tried, but did not find any invitations until after I received the trophy. Then received one from blue flowers, the rest from white. Good luck!

I got four out of five and I haven't finished my first dance yet. Still not sure I'm going to be able to finish, though. And I know I won't finish the yeti.

rulerofjennyville
12-26-16, 07:46 PM
I just wanted to add to those who have said this is an achievable goal. Yes, the map pieces were frustrating. I think having 2 random requirements, the yeti and then the map piece, made this feel like this part would take forever and that I had to check stables whenever I could manage it.

But after that, I really felt I could play at my own pace. It just needed energy and it was up to me, with plenty of time left, to play at a frequency that suited me. Having an 8 hour adventure was actually nice. And so I finished with lots of days left. And also managed to get my yeti, with my last 2 that spawned dropping 5 fur pieces each! Luck was on my side there.

So for those still on the maps, hang in there. Hopefully you will look back and think, well actually that was okay :)

We'll see. I broke down and used six gems but I'm still trying to see if you can finish this without gems. I have sixty yeti fur so I'm not sure if I can finish that either.

Irma_Isle
12-26-16, 08:06 PM
FINALLY finish the quest. I have about 9 days struggle with Yeti since I want them to drop Frost Magic and Maps. No gems. Just check ini every 3 hours. Set alarm. But not at night.

Now I have plenty time to hunt Yeti.

Thank You S8. For some enjyoable quest. And love the two walkers. I like crowded kingdom. Lol.

Happy Holiday

Is it just me, or does anyone else hope to see Stanley trip over because he is so intent on looking at me to check I am watching him, rather than looking where he is going?

Me too. Not only Him. But Cindy, Lady G, and Zabrina always look at me. Seems like they want to be out of game. Lol

ashley224
12-26-16, 08:48 PM

If ur energy was increased by 12, that means you got caught in a gem trap and somehow accidentally purchased the 12 energy and will be down 20 gems. It has happened to all of us which is why we keep asking for a gem confirmation button.

coolssp
12-26-16, 10:22 PM
Funny things going on in my Queendom ;) now that I've finished both the quests, last 2*2 collections yielded 4 yetis! They wish to interrupt the newlyweds honeymoon:)