PDA

View Full Version : Free gem videos : Android!!!

mztricsta
12-08-16, 08:09 AM
Am I the only one crazy excited about this???

Edit 12-13-16:

Sorry guys, but I did check and this feature has been disabled for Androids at this time.:(
It has been passed over to the team that Android users are very interested in this feature.

Edit 12-19-16:

Hey there! So sorry for the confusion. :( The videos are available for some to speed up food. It's not available for Gems at this time.

steelersbabyyy
12-08-16, 09:21 AM
Am I the only one crazy excited about this???

you have free videos??? I have android and I didnt get anything

Scawr
12-08-16, 09:36 AM
[] but to confirm, Android users are not getting free gem videos. I myself am on IoS & only recieving 3 x 2 hr speed ups on cooking videos.

Rynetory2
12-08-16, 10:07 AM
Several members using Android devices mentioned they got this feature.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93097-Not-getting-daily-gem-videos&p=1375171#post1375171

mztricsta
12-08-16, 10:10 AM
I guess they haven't rolled it out to everyone yet? I'm only getting the option in BS. Not in RS.

Rynetory2
12-08-16, 10:12 AM
For iOS, it wasn't offered to everyone, only random players. So I guess it may be the same for Android.

mztricsta
12-08-16, 10:17 AM
For iOS, it wasn't offered to everyone, only random players. So I guess it may be the same for Android.

Right! Sounds logical, rynetory.

Also, thanks for the link confirming that I'm not a pathological, double-posting liar. :-)

callmetired
12-08-16, 12:43 PM
I was shocked to see the "watch video for gems" in one of my 4 androids. Only one but better than nothing.

Doesn't ease the sting of no longer getting them in my ios any more, just speed cooking which is worthless.

monstertop
12-08-16, 12:46 PM
I didn't see it on my android, bummer. Maybe I'll get it sometime.

deekathleen
12-08-16, 01:38 PM
Where did you see it at? Is it a pop up or do you have to press something to see it?

kooky panda
12-08-16, 02:50 PM
Where did you see it at? Is it a pop up or do you have to press something to see it?
If you have the feature, you will see an icon on your game.

deekathleen
12-08-16, 04:29 PM
I had the ability to speed up recipes, only found that by accident. Would rather have the gem option.

twospoons
12-08-16, 06:31 PM
i am apparently not one of the blessed. :(

every time i see posts on this topic i have to bite my tongue to not insult the people who whine about it, and prevent myself from whining about it. i really wish it had never been instituted, or had been given to every player for a week, or something more even-handed. i just hate how unequal it was and is--though i'm glad the blanket ban on android players is gone.

mergirl96
12-08-16, 06:43 PM
I was only blessed with the one to speed up recipes. I really wanted those 10 gems though.

hannahmariec97
12-08-16, 07:02 PM
Honestly wish this feature was available for everyone, all the time. I'm on iOS and had the videos for months until suddenly I stopped receiving them and it made me mad... I had 52 gems saved up and could have had over 100 by now and would actually be able to buy Christmas items.

Not all of us are going to want to (or be able to) use real money to buy gems, S8

Natasha_07
12-09-16, 06:33 AM
Can you post a screenshot of this please, I haven't seen this icon in my games on my Samsung tablet.

callmetired
12-09-16, 08:03 AM
It is VERY buggy...video fails to load--over & over & over, another perfect execution by S8.

bluewhale89
12-09-16, 10:16 AM
In my case, the day of the update the "free gems" icon appeared and everything was fine, but yesterday and today the icon didn't appear, so I don't know how it works.

ladyliquorice
12-11-16, 06:14 AM
In my case, the day of the update the "free gems" icon appeared and everything was fine, but yesterday and today the icon didn't appear, so I don't know how it works.

Same here, I only got it for that 1st day, on both my bakery & my restaurant. It said something like ' more vidoes in 23 hours' but the video icon never came back the next day or today :confused:

bluewhale89
12-11-16, 06:17 PM
Same here, I only got it for that 1st day, on both my bakery & my restaurant. It said something like ' more vidoes in 23 hours' but the video icon never came back the next day or today :confused:

Yeah, no news for the free gems icon =/

776tttjghghgvjg
12-12-16, 06:23 AM
about two days back i got gem videos (the first time ever)and i watched 10 videos and earned 10 gems.After that day(till date) i did not got any ..Is something have to do with the no. bcoz i earned 10 gems & spended it.Please tell ?

kooky panda
12-13-16, 11:23 AM
Sorry guys, but I did check and this feature has been disabled for Androids at this time.:(
It has been passed over to the team that Android users are very interested in this feature.

bluewhale89
12-13-16, 01:43 PM

Oh, so it was just a day thing. Thanks for passing the request!! Hopefully we will see this as a permanent feature in both versions.

Daughteroftheking33
12-15-16, 05:30 AM

It's a pop up. :)

Daughteroftheking33
12-15-16, 05:35 AM

The same thing happened to me. I'm confused. :/

Daughteroftheking33
12-15-16, 05:50 AM
Oh, so it was just a day thing. Thanks for passing the request!! Hopefully we will see this as a permanent feature in both versions.

It was just a day thing? That's not right Storm8 for making us android users think we got something wonderful permanently, then get it taken away. That's not fair. I was so happy when I got the pop up but now its gone. What's the point of having it pop up if we cant keep it. Several IPhone users said they received speed cooking. That's another smack in the face for Android users. I'm very disappointed. Android users deserve free gem videos. The pop up said it would return in 24 hrs but nothing happened. I received the pop up yesterday. :(

Daughteroftheking33
12-15-16, 03:46 PM

That can't be true because I received the pop up yesterday Dec 14. :(

If you have the feature, you will see an icon on your game.

I received a pop up but did not see an icon. This is very upsetting indeed! :(

Now i know what is going on. Storm8 has an error in the pop up message. Let me explain. I was just playing Bakery Story to see if the free gem video would pop up. The message popped up but not how I expected. I first tapped my stove to see how long my cupcakes would take and I seen a message that said watch video to speed up cooking for 2hrs. I watched two videos and was only able to speed up two of my appliances. After I watched the videos, I did not receive any free gems even though the pop up explicitly said free gems. I wanted free gems instead but I am thankful. It is better than having nothing. I felt we should be able to speed up more than two stoves but at least Android users are experiencing something new.

lovewindy243
12-15-16, 10:58 PM
I also noticed the free gem only available on the original version of Bakery Story. When I used the cat version, I didn't see the video icon

pcabral03
12-16-16, 06:08 AM
Maybe it's random for us Android players too, some get free gems some sped up cooking for watching videos. I noticed on both BS and RS after reset it offered option to speed up cooking for watching videos. Used it, better than nothing and helpful during goals :)

kooky panda
12-19-16, 11:39 AM
Hey there! So sorry for the confusion. :( The videos are available for some to speed up food. It's not available for Gems at this time.

alicee11
12-28-16, 09:27 AM
So it was offered for me for very long time and now Strom8 took it away from me... any reason? I became random player? Huh? Or maybe not enough money I am spending in the game for Storm8

deekathleen
12-28-16, 11:37 AM
So it was offered for me for very long time and now Strom8 took it away from me... any reason? I became random player? Huh? Or maybe not enough money I am spending in the game for Storm8

Trust me, they don't reward people who spend money in this game with free gems.

bluewhale89
12-28-16, 06:52 PM
Finally I saw the free gems icon in my bakery again

tori57v
12-28-16, 07:02 PM
I had the video/free gems today also
Am thrilled!

ladyliquorice
12-30-16, 02:04 PM
I've just got some free gem videos too , but only on Bakery Story so far.

Scangelina
12-30-16, 02:25 PM
It hasn't been returned back to my game yet. Nevermind. Just noticed for Android. I'm glad u guys are getting an update.