PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Winter World Event!

[S8] Regina
12-05-16, 06:49 PM
WONDERFUL WINTER WORLD EVENT!

Requires level 16+ | Minimum game version is iOS 2.4+/Android 2.3.1.6+ | Event is live from 12/6/2016 10:30 AM to 12/16/2016 10:30 AM PST

http://imgur.com/IMyfwnl.png

kooky panda
12-06-16, 11:45 AM
New Community Event!

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/Mobile%20Uploads/16FDFA42-18E0-4D04-876A-71E3CAC4C062_zpszgexz9aq.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/Mobile%20Uploads/16FDFA42-18E0-4D04-876A-71E3CAC4C062_zpszgexz9aq.png.html)

Do not forget to do the Holiday Countdown Quest to collect 8 snowflakes every 3 Hours!
Quest outpost : Fire Dragon - Quest: Holiday Countdown

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/E71275A4-F667-4A72-BFE3-387C757C5548-406-0000003CB7B987F2_zpsaf1d8291.jpg

Individual Prizes

Snowman 50 Snowflake
Gift Walkway 500 Snowflake
Peppermint Dragon 1,500 Snowflake
Sled Dragon 3,000 Snowflake
Wreath Dragon 6,200 Snowflake

Community Prizes

Holiday Bush 100,000,000 Snowflake
Igloo 250,000,000 Snowflake
Snow Fort 450,000,000 Snowflake

lenasdinner
12-06-16, 11:59 AM
ooo wooow...how I'm gonna get 6200 snowflakes in 10 days?:(

Individual Prizes

Snowman 50 Snowflake
Gift Walkway 500 Snowflake
Peppermint Dragon 1,500 Snowflake
Sled Dragon 3,000 Snowflake
Wreath Dragon 6,200 Snowflake

Community Prizes

Holiday Bush 100,000,000 Snowflake
Igloo 250,000,000 Snowflake
Snow Fort 450,000,000 Snowflake

islanddoll1
12-06-16, 12:05 PM
I like these community events. Wished there was a habitat, had my fingers crossed. I like the dragons though and I'm so glad we get points from harvesting crops as well.

ksbmommy
12-06-16, 12:07 PM
There is a quest that gets you 8 snowflakes every 3 hours using a fire dragon. Didn't expect that!

Jennerwein1
12-06-16, 12:08 PM
Okaaay. The only dragon I really like is Peppermint, and I should be able to do that, no problem. Community prizes are decorations, have no need for that. So, on to breeding and making food. Should be relaxing.

Natasha_07
12-06-16, 12:12 PM
I want aaallll the dragons, Christmas sucker alert !!! :)

chewingthecud
12-06-16, 12:12 PM
Well done S8! You have, in my opinion, made quite a few rather questionable judgement calls this year re the gameplay however making the Christmas event a community one was an excellent idea. Christmas is all about peace, sharing and giving so a community event where we do not need to compete against each other and actually help each other gain gifts is an excellent move - bravo S8!!!:)

ethan1brothers
12-06-16, 12:17 PM
So what do you need to do to get snowflakes exactly ? I know a quest was mentioned and harvesting .......

lenasdinner
12-06-16, 12:19 PM
x2 yeeessss....now I see light at the end of the tunel.this is great thank you very much S8 :D

Natasha_07
12-06-16, 12:20 PM
So what do you need to do to get snowflakes exactly ? I know a quest was mentioned and harvesting .......

Mine says hatching dragons, harvesting food, evolving, holiday countdown quest, buying snowdragon or a snowman.

Shar33
12-06-16, 12:23 PM
Also requires you to have the land, which so many do not. Now you guys are just being cruel with more and more habitats and items. We can't buy and place these new habitats without land.

PinkBubbles75
12-06-16, 01:30 PM
6200 snowflakes?!?! HOLY ****, that's waaayyy too much. It'll be interesting to see how far I get. I accidentally clicked and spent 20-something gold and the snowman thing early... oh well.

lunarwren
12-06-16, 01:31 PM
Love the snow fort! I don't usually put out decorations, but that one definitely needs to be displayed.

random59
12-06-16, 01:33 PM
Also requires you to have the land, which so many do not. Now you guys are just being cruel with more and more habitats and items. We can't buy and place these new habitats without land.

Totally agree, this is shameful behaviour being exhibited on behalf of the developers of this game, don't quite understand the logic behind this!!!!!

Obviously our plight of not enough land for habitats is not a concern and every new dragon we get just stays in storage. We can't even buy these new habitats and place them in storage as there is no provision for this.

I have concerns that all the community prizes tend to be decor and I wonder why this is changing?

We need 6200 snowflakes for the last dragon but we seem to be getting 2 snowflakes where previously we would have got one, still if you break it down 620 in the new scheme or 310 in the old scheme of things maybe rather tight to achieve at this time of year.

kat8rose
12-06-16, 01:40 PM
Anyone know how long the x2 on the collection lasts? Mods, please & ty.

Natasha_07
12-06-16, 01:47 PM
My pop-up says the X2 collection ends 12/16.

random59
12-06-16, 01:54 PM
Why do we have 2 threads for this?

Find it a bit silly that all the community prizes are decor that can't be displayed by a lot of this games customers and there are a huge amount of us that can not buy the new habitats to display these dragons in without having to sell off other premium habitats. (Not really a sound business plan in my opinion).

Well to all those participating good luck and I hope you are able to get all the dragons.

FireballFarm
12-06-16, 02:12 PM
Wow. Those are some seriously unattractive dragons. Yikes!

FireballFarm
12-06-16, 02:21 PM
Find it a bit silly that all the community prizes are decor that can't be displayed by a lot of this games customers and there are a huge amount of us that can not buy the new habitats to display these dragons in without having to sell off other premium habitats. (Not really a sound business plan in my opinion).

Totally agree.
The amount of deco lately is ridiculous, especially now with the LB wheel. I'd much rather win food than getting more useless **** to junk up my storage bin. Ugh.

random59
12-06-16, 02:53 PM
Has anyone noticed that if you have 15 Bingo tickets Snowdragon can be crafted instead of paying gold for it! Maybe I will wait and see how it pans out to decide on crafting it, wouldn't be buying it for gold!

bozotc19
12-06-16, 03:09 PM
I did some preliminary math....and it would seem to be almost impossible to get 620/day....and that assumes 4 hours of sleep....and unemployment....and no social life

Gaillock
12-06-16, 03:12 PM
What is the Holiday countdown quest to collect snowflakes every 3 hours? Its mentioned above but doesn't say where to go to do it. Thanks.

NEVER MIND. Found it in the market to buy for gold. It gives you extra snowflakes every 4 or 8 hours, depending on which one you buy. It's not a quest unless I'm missing something.

UPDATE: I just won the snowman so don't have to buy it. Nice.

Bastiaan0
12-06-16, 03:16 PM
What is the Holiday countdown quest to collect snowflakes every 3 hours? Its mentioned above but doesn't say where to go to do it. Thanks.

Check your quest outpost under the 'special' tab ;)

kooky panda
12-06-16, 03:35 PM

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/E71275A4-F667-4A72-BFE3-387C757C5548-406-0000003CB7B987F2_zpsaf1d8291.jpg

raygill1
12-06-16, 03:57 PM
Wow. Those are some seriously unattractive dragons. Yikes!

I'm glad I'm not the only one, who thought as much lol

JDanil07
12-06-16, 04:29 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one, who thought as much lol

I admit, I prefer the more "realistic" dragons, but a picture doesn't really tell me whether I'll like the dragon once I see it in the game. For me, a lot of the appeal is in the dragon's animation when it's in the habitat, when it gobbles apples, and when it battles in the arena.

cazile81
12-06-16, 04:50 PM
Has anyone noticed that if you have 15 Bingo tickets Snowdragon can be crafted instead of paying gold for it! Maybe I will wait and see how it pans out to decide on crafting it, wouldn't be buying it for gold!

I saw that too. I got a notification about it and checked it out.

EmmaLedger95
12-06-16, 04:58 PM
I don't understand why we are being so incredibly rushed. Why do we have all these limited dragons and now a World Event that it only 10 days long? All of this will end and what will we have for the next week and a half before Christmas? The Christmas dragons and events used to take up the whole month of December, it's makes no sense to make Christmas dragons available for breeding for such a short time. This event as well, I haven't done the math but others have and 620 per day?? Are we not allowed to sleep, eat, or have an actual life during what is a very busy month for many people who celebrate Holidays at this time of year? I just am baffled why everything has to be go, go, go with this game anymore. Are there that many people so needing to "have it all" that they're dropping loads of cash into the game? Most of those are rhetorical obviously I don't expect an answer but seriously this is a bit ridiculous. I'd like our old DS back please. I'm not even going to bother with this event.

Gaillock
12-06-16, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=Bastiaan0;1374777]Check your quest outpost under the 'special' tab ;)[/QUOTE

Found it. Thanks so much. Never knew about it. Duh, me. ��

FieldsLikeB
12-06-16, 05:45 PM
I love the snow fort and the dragons. I'm thrilled to pieces for the 2X snow flakes and that farming and a quest is back. Storm 8 DOES read their posts.

I also love the dragons. This is wonderful!

Dragosle
12-06-16, 10:00 PM
Beautiful dragons and decors!

Now that's aside, how do we actually get 600 Snowflake a day to get the final prize. :(

harobeda
12-06-16, 10:55 PM
My maths says last dragon may be tight to impossible...

7 farms * 20 hours a day (cause I'm doing high yield crops mostly, I don't want 20 hour crops)
3 nests *22 hours a day
2 evolvers * 22 hours a day
(All above yield double points)

4 times * 8 points * 2 places to collect= collecting quests/snowman points (4 times a day is reasonable to me)

(140+66+44)*2 + 64= 564 points per day.

At 10 days that'll require some higher numbers from my nests, etc. my boosts from bingo might help a bit.

ozigal
12-06-16, 11:45 PM
Yes I worked my snowflake daily rates that I could get and it looks like I would be close to 100 short per day. It appears one would need 4 nests to get close to target and to plant the longer time, less yield crops. Once again it seems one can only achieve end goal if one pays. Think the game needs to be moved to the gambling category. Best I work to save gold and invest in more nests.lol

bozotc19
12-07-16, 12:09 AM
Your math is right....but it is not tight....it's impossible!?

7 farms * 20 hours a day (cause I'm doing high yield crops mostly, I don't want 20 hour crops)
3 nests *22 hours a day

4 times * 8 points * 2 places to collect= collecting quests/snowman points (4 times a day is reasonable to me)

At 10 days that'll require some higher numbers from my nests, etc. my boosts from bingo might help a bit.

jeremyobrien
12-07-16, 04:28 AM
Everyone is getting super excited over the "2X" Snowflakes, while overlooking the fact that we need 6200 snowflakes for the final prize. You get twice as many snowflakes but need twice as many for the entire event. Wow, so generous Storm8.

Honestly, after years of playing this game, I'll likely drop it over the Christmas holidays and not pick it back up again. There are thousands of other mobile games out there, and a ton that don't barrage you with pay-to-win schemes and constant simultaneously-run go-go-go events. I don't play games to feel rushed and under pressure, I play them to relax.

nicsdragonisle
12-07-16, 05:35 AM

3 nests *22 hours a day

Sadly (??), I have very few bingo boosts b/c this game is not my job so I must pick and choose which things I play. I fondly remember the days just a short 12 months ago when 2 nests, 1 temple and 7 large farms could take you OVER THE TOP easily just by checking in once or maybe twice a day. Used to get final individual prize at least a day ahead. Had a houseful of guests last Christmas and I'm pretty sure I posted then that s8s 'gift' to us was the SUPER-relaxed total #. My kids could easily finish these. I don't understand how new players participate without spending heaps of gold.
I wont buy a 3rd nest and 2nd temple because I refuse to support this new style of game. The sting of not finishing events/impossible tournaments/ridiculous leaderboards -- which used to drive me mad -- has worn off. Though I do remain quite disappointed.

freesiawoods
12-07-16, 06:14 AM
Everyone is getting super excited over the "2X" Snowflakes, while overlooking the fact that we need 6200 snowflakes for the final prize. You get twice as many snowflakes but need twice as many for the entire event. Wow, so generous Storm8.

Honestly, after years of playing this game, I'll likely drop it over the Christmas holidays and not pick it back up again. There are thousands of other mobile games out there, and a ton that don't barrage you with pay-to-win schemes and constant simultaneously-run go-go-go events. I don't play games to feel rushed and under pressure, I play them to relax.

Exactly. I am not excited at all seeing the amount of work needed to earn just two dragons, especially when it cannot be achieved without gold. Anyway I will be on holiday soon and probably will not play.

Jennerwein1
12-07-16, 06:15 AM
Sadly (??), I have very few bingo boosts b/c this game is not my job so I must pick and choose which things I play. I fondly remember the days just a short 12 months ago when 2 nests, 1 temple and 7 large farms could take you OVER THE TOP easily just by checking in once or maybe twice a day. Used to get final individual prize at least a day ahead. Had a houseful of guests last Christmas and I'm pretty sure I posted then that s8s 'gift' to us was the SUPER-relaxed total #. My kids could easily finish these. I don't understand how new players participate without spending heaps of gold.
I wont buy a 3rd nest and 2nd temple because I refuse to support this new style of game. The sting of not finishing events/impossible tournaments/ridiculous leaderboards -- which used to drive me mad -- has worn off. Though I do remain quite disappointed.
I, too, remember those days. I have 3 nests, 2 temples, just playing as usual. Actually forgot to go on quest - that is how motivated I am lately. Don't do the Bingo thing. Not my cup of tea, and it wanted me to get explosives when my mine is full and closed. I have just gotten used to not finishing and not spending money. Works for me, but I miss the old excitement.

rasike
12-07-16, 06:52 AM
I really like the last individual prize dragon, but it will not be easy to get 620 snowflakes a day even with 4 nests and 2 evolution temples. It's sad, but I will have to stop playing bingo (I am in the gold league now, and it was very difficult to reach it) because it needs an empty evolution temple and a nest. Well, playing bingo is very stressful anyway and takes a lot of time.

ksbmommy
12-07-16, 07:13 AM
I've done the math and there are 13 "things" that you can purchase - 4 nests, 2 evolution temples and 7 farms. If you have all 13 and keep them going 24/7 you will have 624 points a day, enough to finish and get all of the personal prizes.

I only have 11 "things" - 3 nests, 1 evolution temple and 7 nests. I can get 528 points per day from them if I'm diligent. I don't have a need for the 2nd temple (I only evolve at 7 & 10 so it's never backed up) but the 4th nest has always been tempting. If I were to finally get the 4th nest, and have 12 "things" running, I can get to 576 a day - then add in 48 points per day for the quest and snowman (I can collect 3 times from each for sure), then I'm at 625 points per day.

I'm heading towards getting that last nest, in the long run it will be cheaper than using gold to speed up breeding/hatching for World Events and Leaderboard and it will help for DT when we have to breed some type of dragon and my nests are held up for days waiting to hatch. I may have just talked myself into the value of having one.

amerirish
12-07-16, 07:56 AM
Individual Prize Dragons:

Peppermint Dragon - 1,500 Snowflakes
Rarity: Rare
Type: White Red
Habitat: White Meadow, Red Rocks
Available at: Level 16
Buying Price: 1,000 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 22 hours
Exp Gained: 975 Exp

Sled Dragon - 3,000 Snowflakes
Rarity: Super Rare
Type: White Green Red
Habitat: White Meadow, Green Grove, Red Rocks
Buying Price: 1,200 Gold
Incubation: 15 hours
Exp Gained: 975 Exp

Wreath Dragon - 6,200 Snowflakes
Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Rainbow Green Red
Habitat: Rainbow Road, Green Grove, Red Rocks
Buying Price: 1,600 Gold
Incubation: 25 hours
Exp Gained: 435 Exp

oledoeeyes
12-07-16, 10:34 AM
I just want to say that I love love getting decorations! I like my land to look like actual communities for dragons. So keep dishing out the decor team 8! Some ideas to throw out would be more land expansions, the ability to store our habitats and dragons.( so they go into your storage not the dragon temple) and of course more decorations!

OzFamily
12-07-16, 10:45 AM
Hey guys- it looks like snowflakes are part of prizes for each Bingo!

Jackiesq
12-07-16, 10:56 AM
Hey guys- it looks like snowflakes are part of prizes for each Bingo!
Oh wow, we needed something to get more snowflakes to get 6200! Now I want to know howmuch we get for every bingo (single, double and tripple)...

katali119
12-07-16, 11:09 AM
And is it a different amount in each league?

luckyaa7
12-07-16, 12:05 PM
Day 1 is over and not even at 600... ugh...

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
12-07-16, 12:19 PM
Single Bingo gave me 25 snowflakes. Currently in Silver League

Natasha_07
12-07-16, 12:22 PM
So we need to participate in the bingo even if we don't want to play that, just to get a few extra snowflakes. :(

islanddoll1
12-07-16, 12:33 PM
I did some preliminary math....and it would seem to be almost impossible to get 620/day....and that assumes 4 hours of sleep....and unemployment....and no social life

Agreed. I don't understand why they're making these prizes unattainable. Unless players spend gold the prizes remains out of reach. Why not give players a reasonable amount of points to work for to get prizes, be it dragons or decor, and offer these 'unattainable' dragons for purchase in the market for those who are willing to spend gold for them. I feel like work, school and life on the whole is stressful and this game adds to it.
Now honestly, I don't like the last dragon so I don't want him and even if it was something I wanted I couldn't get him because it is just out of reach. It's day two and I barely have over 500 points.

OzFamily
12-07-16, 12:43 PM
Oh wow, we needed something to get more snowflakes to get 6200! Now I want to know howmuch we get for every bingo (single, double and tripple)...

I got 25 on the bingo I just got- bronze league

random59
12-07-16, 03:20 PM

Okay single bingo gave me 25 snowflakes and a triple gave me 100 snowflakes, one would assume by that a double would give you 50 snowflakes, I don't think it would matter to what league you are playing.

harobeda
12-07-16, 03:21 PM
Yep! Single bingo got me 25 snowflakes and double bingo got me 50 snowflakes. And I'm in Gold league.

bozotc19
12-07-16, 04:50 PM
I really don't like bingo...it makes you do things that wouldn't otherwise do...like plant scalypears which is a total waste . Half of them I can't even do because I don't have a dragon that it asks for. Might finish 3 0r 4 which gives me 75 snowflakes...not gonna make a dent in what needs to be collected. I have no desire to participate in a event that can't be won!

luckyaa7
12-07-16, 07:08 PM
I really don't like bingo...it makes you do things that wouldn't otherwise do...like plant scalypears which is a total waste . Half of them I can't even do because I don't have a dragon that it asks for. Might finish 3 0r 4 which gives me 75 snowflakes...not gonna make a dent in what needs to be collected. I have no desire to participate in a event that can't be won!

I comepletely agree. I want to try to get diamond hybrid but if i want to do bingo, i have to breed things i don't want or need....

Dragosle
12-07-16, 07:41 PM
I've just learn that the amount of snowflake we earn currently is not the norm of this World event but part of an ongoing event of doubling-snowflake-earn and it'll end on Dec 12, which is approximately 3 days before the event ends.

And the Bingo, which we can earn extra Snowflakes, last for 6 days (my guess is that the Bingo follow after won't give any more extra snowflake because it would be pointless since it will goes over this event).

So how exactly are we gonna get all the snowflake to earn that final individual prize? I've read in someone post in this post calculating about having all 4 nests, 7 farms, 2 evolution temples and 1 snowman that could barely make it to the last prize, but at this pace it will be impossible :(

OzFamily
12-07-16, 09:57 PM

I comepletely agree. I want to try to get diamond hybrid but if i want to do bingo, i have to breed things i don't want or need....

You guys do know that you can refresh those tasks to get new ones, right? Sometimes you get easier ones to complete a bingo...

hungryres
12-07-16, 11:33 PM
You guys do know that you can refresh those tasks to get new ones, right? Sometimes you get easier ones to complete a bingo...

and sometimes you get the exact same mission after refresh that takes three hours to show....

hungryres
12-07-16, 11:36 PM

popup said 2x
however, collecting from quest that said gives 8 only gives 8? no double-ing on the collection from quest outpost?

also, i think in the past we get community point for breeding at breeding den, this is taken out too?

due to the requirement to grow low yield food from bingo, and i do not have much new dragon going on, i am kind of running out of dragon / food to evolve now.

Jackiesq
12-08-16, 03:18 AM
and sometimes you get the exact same mission after refresh that takes three hours to show....
Or you refreshed plant Scalypears and after 3 hours you have to harvest (more) Scalypears... 😡

luckyaa7
12-08-16, 04:43 AM

Yeap that seems to happen to me a lot...

luckyaa7
12-08-16, 04:44 AM
popup said 2x
however, collecting from quest that said gives 8 only gives 8? no double-ing on the collection from quest outpost?

also, i think in the past we get community point for breeding at breeding den, this is taken out too?

due to the requirement to grow low yield food from bingo, and i do not have much new dragon going on, i am kind of running out of dragon / food to evolve now.

I thought i was mistaken about quest... also no double from snowman I think..

missourijan
12-08-16, 07:07 AM
I've done the math and there are 13 "things" that you can purchase - 4 nests, 2 evolution temples and 7 farms. If you have all 13 and keep them going 24/7 you will have 624 points a day, enough to finish and get all of the personal prizes.

I only have 11 "things" - 3 nests, 1 evolution temple and 7 nests. I can get 528 points per day from them if I'm diligent. I don't have a need for the 2nd temple (I only evolve at 7 & 10 so it's never backed up) but the 4th nest has always been tempting. If I were to finally get the 4th nest, and have 12 "things" running, I can get to 576 a day - then add in 48 points per day for the quest and snowman (I can collect 3 times from each for sure), then I'm at 625 points per day.

I'm heading towards getting that last nest, in the long run it will be cheaper than using gold to speed up breeding/hatching for World Events and Leaderboard and it will help for DT when we have to breed some type of dragon and my nests are held up for days waiting to hatch. I may have just talked myself into the value of having one.

I am not even going to try because that doesn't even sound like fun?!!! 😳

newzealander
12-08-16, 05:33 PM

OK but everything about all these calculations is unrealistic. They rely on nests being full ALL THE TIME, but miraculously times lining up so that at the exact moment breeding eggs are ready, a nest frees up.

It's ridiculous for the average player to try to make this one add up. It simply doesn't. This is one for the gold spenders.

Edit: it gets worse. You must be sitting poised over your phone or tablet at the exact moment that any activity finishes. Do not work, sleep, drive, shop, cook, shower, do the school run etc...you may miss a nest finishing!

DR0G0N
12-08-16, 06:50 PM
After hearing everyone's opinion of this being nearly impossible, I feel like my current progress is either not good or wasted. Currently with 1200 points, with 7 days 16 hours to go. Using only 2 Temples, 2 nests, and 1 den.

I only got what I got is probably because of the double point thing, but that only going to go so far.

The good thing about this is I'm not crazy over the dragons or decors.

busybee222
12-08-16, 07:45 PM
It is very frustrating to know we won't be able to get the last dragon no matter how hard we try. Is sad fun game turn into frustrating game.

zaaracake
12-08-16, 08:55 PM
Oh! I already bought the habitat *smacks head* well! Don't really regret that cuz it's so pretty.
I trust the players who have done the math. I'm hopeless at it. Plus I only have one breeding den and evo temple, although I have two nests so I have 994 snowflakes now. Of course the one I like most is the unobtainable wreath, although peppermint looks so very 'Patrick Valenza' that I wouldn't say no!

It is very frustrating to know we won't be able to get the last dragon no matter how hard we try. Is sad fun game turn into frustrating game.

zaaracake
12-08-16, 08:58 PM
@all, remember when the game was easier, when we could "summon" dragons?
Loved that phraseology...why was that done away with?

random59
12-09-16, 12:31 AM
I thought i was mistaken about quest... also no double from snowman I think..

We normally only get 3 or 4 per task, so we are getting double by getting 8 snowflakes. In fact it is pretty much the same as any World event, normally need 3200 whatever's, this time we are getting double and need 6200 or 6400.

I am not happy about the new habitat that so many of my neighbours cannot purchase as they are landlocked but yet still have habitats they should be able to purchase to their quota. Players have been voicing their frustrations about this for what seems like a milleniare but due to the short sightedness of this games developers!

I cannot fathom why all the community prizes are decor, am I missing something? How in Hades can we display decor if we can't buy habitats.

I believe strongly that we as gamers and purchasers of in app goods as in gold, premium habitats, dragons etc, if it wasn't for us this game would not be viable and hence these designers and mods would be looking for new employment opportunities.

There must be something that can be done, after all it is the season for giving!

Merry Christmas.

ksbmommy
12-09-16, 04:03 AM
Oh! I already bought the habitat *smacks head* well! Don't really regret that cuz it's so pretty.
I trust the players who have done the math. I'm hopeless at it. Plus I only have one breeding den and evo temple, although I have two nests so I have 994 snowflakes now. Of course the one I like most is the unobtainable wreath, although peppermint looks so very 'Patrick Valenza' that I wouldn't say no!

My son has the same things you have, he should get the first two without problem. The third will be iffy, depends on how diligent he is collecting. Getting snowflakes for bingo helps, if you can get 1 bingo a day that's some extra snowflakes.

katali119
12-09-16, 04:23 AM
Do you think there might be snowflakes on the spin to win? The bingo is being a nightmare for me, I am refreshing at least half of the challenges, and mostly I still can't do the refreshed one. I don't have the specific dragons it's asking for, I'm trying to get a present dragon and don't wish to waste the opportunity to try for a charm dragon, etc. So it would be nice if there were some on the wheel!

Dragosle
12-09-16, 12:46 PM
We normally only get 3 or 4 per task, so we are getting double by getting 8 snowflakes. In fact it is pretty much the same as any World event, normally need 3200 whatever's, this time we are getting double and need 6200 or 6400.

It would have been normal if the amount of snowflake we are earning now is the norm, but according to this pop-up below we're are now in a double-snowflake-earning event, which will end in about 3 days early before the event finish, hence make that 6200 number impossible.

Do you think there might be snowflakes on the spin to win? The bingo is being a nightmare for me, I am refreshing at least half of the challenges, and mostly I still can't do the refreshed one. I don't have the specific dragons it's asking for, I'm trying to get a present dragon and don't wish to waste the opportunity to try for a charm dragon, etc. So it would be nice if there were some on the wheel!

Yes there's one option for 15 snowflakes in the wheel, among about more than 10 other option btw. And it's 1 free spin a day so it doesn't help much :(

ksbmommy
12-09-16, 01:05 PM
Peppermint is on the nest, won it earlier today. Sitting at 1,831 snowflakes, playing more bingo than usual (silver league, 6th place) to get some extra snowflakes. If I keep on this pace, I'll be all set to get the last milestone prize.

belarica
12-09-16, 01:07 PM
It would have been normal if the amount of snowflake we are earning now is the norm, but according to this pop-up below we're are now in a double-snowflake-earning event, which will end in about 3 days early before the event finish, hence make that 6200 number impossible.

Yes there's one option for 15 snowflakes in the wheel, among about more than 10 other option btw. And it's 1 free spin a day so it doesn't help much :(

Where are you getting that double snowflakes end before the event does?

random59
12-09-16, 01:41 PM
We get double snowflakes throughout the whole event, that's my understanding of the pop up the event started on the 6th and finishes on 16th.

belarica
12-09-16, 01:42 PM
We get double snowflakes throughout the whole event, that's my understanding of the pop up the event started on the 6th and finishes on 16th.

That's what I believe too. Person needs to stop telling people double snowflakes end early, a lot of people will see it and get totally discouraged and quit.

beatbama
12-09-16, 01:53 PM
i didn't receive the popup about double flakes.

random59
12-09-16, 02:53 PM
That's what I believe too. Person needs to stop telling people double snowflakes end early, a lot of people will see it and get totally discouraged and quit.

Glad we agree on double snowflakes for the whole event.

pernmagic
12-09-16, 03:16 PM
Peppermint is in storage for now .......

zaaracake
12-09-16, 11:04 PM
My son has the same things you have, he should get the first two without problem. The third will be iffy, depends on how diligent he is collecting. Getting snowflakes for bingo helps, if you can get 1 bingo a day that's some extra snowflakes.

@ksbmommy, thanks. You've been consistently super helpful to me on the forums, I feel like I might be totally boring you cuz I'm constantly saying nothing to you but thanks (and rightly so) cuz I'm learning so much from you...ppl here have always been generous-hearted to me. And you have a huge heart, lady.
Well, to tell the truth, I never paid much attention to bingo somfar. I do a single challenge for fun or if I'm bored or whatever. It usually takes me days to finish a card and sometimes I don't even get to finishing a one before the league refreshes. Until this post, I didn't even see that you get food & snowflakes for completing a card. So THANK YOU! (Bleh, again, I know!)
Peppermint is on the nest, I have 1704 snowflakes and I'm gonna complete my first card within a few hours I guess.

ksbmommy
12-10-16, 11:41 AM
@ksbmommy, thanks. You've been consistently super helpful to me on the forums, I feel like I might be totally boring you cuz I'm constantly saying nothing to you but thanks (and rightly so) cuz I'm learning so much from you...ppl here have always been generous-hearted to me. And you have a huge heart, lady.
Well, to tell the truth, I never paid much attention to bingo somfar. I do a single challenge for fun or if I'm bored or whatever. It usually takes me days to finish a card and sometimes I don't even get to finishing a one before the league refreshes. Until this post, I didn't even see that you get food & snowflakes for completing a card. So THANK YOU! (Bleh, again, I know!)
Peppermint is on the nest, I have 1704 snowflakes and I'm gonna complete my first card within a few hours I guess.

Ahh, thank you. I try to be as helpful as possible, I've learned a lot from the forums in my early days so I like to give back to others when I can. I've been playing my games for a long time. I've taken a few long breaks here and there but overall I like the games. They're not perfect, but I play them for fun and realize I can't have it all.

roguebee
12-10-16, 04:41 PM
i didn't receive the popup about double flakes.

If you study the pop up for the event, you'll see that there is a 2X next to a snowflake.

DR0G0N
12-11-16, 07:34 AM
So....5 days had pass and so far with 2 temples, 2 nests, and 1 den along with questing and collecting from snowman, I've only accumulated around 2500 snowflakes. So yup, time to say good bye to the last dragon~

divanightclub
12-11-16, 02:38 PM
I just reached Sled Dragon, with alittle over 3,000 points, so I'm almost half way there. But I'll have to work delegently in the next 4 days and 20 hours that's left on the clock, if I wanna reach the last Dragon..(If only it didn't require soo many points to get to him)...sigh

PineapplePigeon
12-11-16, 03:47 PM
Got the Peppermint yesterday....most definitely wont reach Wreath. Hopefully Sled though :/

9krm
12-11-16, 08:37 PM
Got the Peppermint yesterday....most definitely wont reach Wreath. Hopefully Sled though :/

Same here.

Anaboe
12-12-16, 02:16 AM
Don't forget the Bingo. 1 row give 25 snowflakes, 2 rows 50, but 3 rows give 100 snowflakes, that's quite the number, imo.

Have 4200 now, seems like I can make it. Only used some gold here and there to speed up things before bedtime, to prevent lost time :)

Jennerwein1
12-12-16, 05:43 AM
3200, 3 nests, 2 evolution flowers. Bingo as I can. So, half way there with less than half the time left. Not wasting my gold on this one, hoping for Christmas gold dragon sale.

DR0G0N
12-12-16, 07:52 AM
So....5 days had pass and so far with 2 temples, 2 nests, and 1 den along with questing and collecting from snowman, I've only accumulated around 2500 snowflakes. So yup, time to say good bye to the last dragon~

I forgot to mention BINGO (jumped 11th place to 1st b/c if this). But still currently with 3000 snowflakes, just got my sled dragon with only 4 days to go. And same, not going to waste gold on this since I'm not interested in any of the milestone to begin with and still holding hopes on GDP sale.

Florr06
12-12-16, 10:28 AM
I just received the Sled dragon, which is my favorite of the three. I have 3200 points now, with 4 days to go, I don't think I will get to Wreath. I am not in love with him so it doesn't bother me too much, although I would have liked to get him for his Rainbow element.
Now I just want to get the final Community prize. :)

katali119
12-12-16, 11:11 AM
For the community, is that the entirety of everyone playing, or a subset?

Jennerwein1
12-12-16, 11:55 AM
Pop up: 3x snowflakes !!!! Thank you S8, I might have a chance!

pernmagic
12-12-16, 12:01 PM
56 to collect then I have the sled dragon :)

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
12-12-16, 01:40 PM

Didn't see a popup but just noticed my one hour crop harvests were yielding 3 per. Cool thing for me is I got 2 Titan's almost done with evolving at 32 hours each. That'll be an extra 64 flakes for me. Hope others are just as lucky.

zaaracake
12-12-16, 01:51 PM

+1
Around 120 flakes left to get sled...

Anaboe
12-12-16, 02:46 PM
1.600 to get the last dragon, easy breazy :)

busybee222
12-12-16, 07:16 PM
Sweet, with 3x it looks like its possible afterall to achive the last dragon....

Jackiesq
12-13-16, 04:34 AM
Thx S8! The Bingo points helped, but the x3 (iso x2) makes the difference! 😃

frenchmarketgirl
12-13-16, 06:32 AM
I don't understand why we are being so incredibly rushed. Why do we have all these limited dragons and now a World Event that it only 10 days long? All of this will end and what will we have for the next week and a half before Christmas? The Christmas dragons and events used to take up the whole month of December, it's makes no sense to make Christmas dragons available for breeding for such a short time. This event as well, I haven't done the math but others have and 620 per day?? Are we not allowed to sleep, eat, or have an actual life during what is a very busy month for many people who celebrate Holidays at this time of year? I just am baffled why everything has to be go, go, go with this game anymore. Are there that many people so needing to "have it all" that they're dropping loads of cash into the game? Most of those are rhetorical obviously I don't expect an answer but seriously this is a bit ridiculous. I'd like our old DS back please. I'm not even going to bother with this event.

I want our old DS back too.

Clark_Wayne
12-13-16, 10:07 AM

me too ;)

ozigal
12-13-16, 04:41 PM

Me three

ozigal
12-13-16, 04:47 PM
Unless I run into a snowstorm it doesn't look as I will get to the final dragon. Who has the time to be constantly at this game at this time of the year.GL to those who get there. I will keep plugging away as time permits. I would like to take this opportunity to send seasons greetings to all the peeps on the forum.

Clark_Wayne
12-13-16, 06:25 PM
5721 snowflakes. i should reach last individual prize tomorrow (thx to x3 :D)

ksbmommy
12-13-16, 07:24 PM
I had iPad issues today and part of yesterday, so I fell behind. Fingers crossed that the 3x helps me out, not feeling it this time. I have the first two thing for the last one.

Jennerwein1
12-13-16, 07:53 PM
Still only 4265, probably not going to make it, even with Bingo. :(

Jennerwein1
12-13-16, 07:55 PM
Me three

Me 4.

Jennerwein1
12-14-16, 06:44 AM
My quest says: collect 8 snowflakes, and I get 12. That is only 1.5 times, not even double. Same for snowman. This way I will never make it to the last dragon. Some Christmas event. Pfui ! :mad:

Anaboe
12-14-16, 08:10 AM
With this 3x the amount, it's easy for me (ok, I do have 4 nests, and 2 temples, and a good gold-income), so I finished today.

katali119
12-14-16, 08:53 AM
My quest says: collect 8 snowflakes, and I get 12. That is only 1.5 times, not even double. Same for snowman. This way I will never make it to the last dragon. Some Christmas event. Pfui ! :mad:

It was always double the amount, so if 8 was double the amount then the basic was 4. 4 x 3 = 12. They haven't tripled the 8, they have tripled the basic 4 which was never actually given.

tuffyjkitten
12-14-16, 09:22 AM
Double or triple snowflakes, either way someone can't count. The adventure says "collect 8 snowflakes" and it gives me 12. That's not double or triple unless the original amount was 4. But then the adventure screen shouldn't advertise 8.

Not that it really matters, I just hit 500 yesterday. My game is crashing again.

belarica
12-14-16, 09:24 AM
5802 :)

Jackiesq
12-14-16, 09:32 AM
6130, 1 nest free already, waiting for Wreath. I have to leave for work in an hour, but I finish this before that... 😃
And it is on the nest! 😉
And for everyone who want to know... 0,0 gold used during last 2 weeks! Bingo, bingoboosts, 2 temples, 3 nests and 7 farms did it!

amerirish
12-14-16, 09:42 AM
4,990 with an Ice Cream evolving (57), Sunrise fail on nest (72), Luck fail on nest (51), Light on nest (27) and 7 farms with 20 hour crops (420 total) - that should give me 5,617 by tomorrow plus the Quest & Snowman collections. I think I might get Wreath by the skin of my teeth :p

Jennerwein1
12-14-16, 12:16 PM
4926, no more snowflakes in Bingo. What a shame, that helped. Done with Bingo again.

orson92
12-14-16, 01:52 PM
This is the worst..being a very long time player, I find this World event is very unfair to all.I hope players do NOT waste gold on this event..never, I Repeat NEVER have we had to more than double the points from the second last to last Individual dragon prize.I have been breeding, hatching, evolving , questing , collecting and anything else we can do and I am not going to make 6200 by Friday at reset...so disgusted with S8...what is going on in their heads? Are they deliberately trying to loose long time dedicated players from this game...well I look at it as their loss not ours..
We can still use game to keep in touch with the great friends throughout the world that many of us have made.

DR0G0N
12-14-16, 04:05 PM
I feel like the norm now is 3 nests, 2 temples, 1 or 2 den, 7 farms in order to play these events. B/c I'm struggling with my 2 nests, 2 temples, and 1 den (but keep in mind breeding doesn't count for this particular event, so basically no den), and 7 farms. With 5115 points atm and 1 day 19 hours to go. This include doing bingo and collecting from quest and snowman. Work hard getting up to this point since I'm on break and wake up from sleep just to scrape some points here and there.

Once again, I honestly don't care about the milestone prizes, but I feel I should attempt it since the 3x points makes it possible, but it's gonna be really difficult. Players who have less than what I have (temples, nest, farm) would probably have to spend gold to reach the milestone. I would not do so if I were in your shoe though. Save the gold for better options such as GDP if they happen to put a sale in the future. Hopefully...

starship412
12-14-16, 05:22 PM
I got Wreath in storage. I wish I could give snowflakes away. I have 6820.

PinkBubbles75
12-14-16, 05:28 PM
I currently have 4867 points w/ 1 evolution temple, 1 breeding den, 2 nests, & 7 farms. I don't think I'll make the wreath dragon. I don't plan on spending gold another evolution temple. I probably won't buy another nest either. Unless I can buy nests, another evolution temple, & BPDs & GPDs with coins then... I don't plan on using what little gold I have on that.

hoffm1179
12-14-16, 05:35 PM
Still only 4265, probably not going to make it, even with Bingo. :(

What do you have to do, Bingo wise, to get snowflakes? I have given up on playing Bingo, but completed a couple squares the other day and didn't get any snowflakes from any of them... Do you get some for actually completing a Bingo? And if so, how many do you get?

ozigal
12-14-16, 09:52 PM
4926, no more snowflakes in Bingo. What a shame, that helped. Done with Bingo again.

I am disappointed no more snowflakes in bingo that may have got me to the end. It is going to be so close yet so far .
I hadn't played the bingo until the snowflakes were on offer.,that sure did help my tally

frenchmarketgirl
12-14-16, 10:35 PM
I am ready to throw in the towel on this game. I have tried my best and I don't think I'll make the last dragon. That will be the first time I haven't been able to do it. It's too much. I am really tired of only a select few getting all the leaderboard dragons too. Why play if I'm not getting new dragons? They have really destroyed this game this year. It's disappointing.

frenchmarketgirl
12-14-16, 10:37 PM
I'm not even attempting bingo anymore. That could have been fun... It's a shame.

zaaracake
12-15-16, 09:42 AM
4,990 with an Ice Cream evolving (57), Sunrise fail on nest (72), Luck fail on nest (51), Light on nest (27) and 7 farms with 20 hour crops (420 total) - that should give me 5,617 by tomorrow plus the Quest & Snowman collections. I think I might get Wreath by the skin of my teeth :p
All the best Amer. I really hope you get this one cuz I felt bad for you last time with all those yucky Sunrises...well, they helped here.

I feel like the norm now is 3 nests, 2 temples, 1 or 2 den, 7 farms in order to play these events. B/c I'm struggling with my 2 nests, 2 temples, and 1 den (but keep in mind breeding doesn't count for this particular event, so basically no den), and 7 farms. With 5115 points atm and 1 day 19 hours to go. This include doing bingo and collecting from quest and snowman. Work hard getting up to this point since I'm on break and wake up from sleep just to scrape some points here and there.

Once again, I honestly don't care about the milestone prizes, but I feel I should attempt it since the 3x points makes it possible, but it's gonna be really difficult. Players who have less than what I have (temples, nest, farm) would probably have to spend gold to reach the milestone. I would not do so if I were in your shoe though. Save the gold for better options such as GDP if they happen to put a sale in the future. Hopefully...

Hey Dr0g0n, I have about the same number and I'm really trying hard too. Hope we get it. I have only two nests and I always feel like my phone alarm is ringing (irritatingly) to wake up and collect from the quest and snowman.

@starship, wow! How?

ksbmommy
12-15-16, 10:39 AM
I'm at 5092 points, with about 24 hours left. Doing the math, the best I can do from my 14 "things" is another 1008 and 4 more collections from the snowman is 48, and the quest another 5 times is 60 points. That puts me at 6208 with perfect collection. That's not going to happen since I'm not sacrificing low yielding food to get snowflakes.

Grrr, so close I'll probably speed up just what I have to in order to get the last dragon. I also have a couple of boosts left that could lessen the need to use gold.

I guess I'm going to go for it......

zaaracake
12-15-16, 12:05 PM
I'm at 5092 points, with about 24 hours left. Doing the math, the best I can do from my 14 "things" is another 1008 and 4 more collections from the snowman is 48, and the quest another 5 times is 60 points. That puts me at 6208 with perfect collection. That's not going to happen since I'm not sacrificing low yielding food to get snowflakes.

Grrr, so close I'll probably speed up just what I have to in order to get the last dragon. I also have a couple of boosts left that could lessen the need to use gold.

I guess I'm going to go for it......

@ksbmommy...a confession..the timer is scary when it counts down like that...
I guess many of us are nearabout the same place...1000ish to go.
Hope you get it.

DR0G0N
12-15-16, 06:20 PM
All the best Amer. I really hope you get this one cuz I felt bad for you last time with all those yucky Sunrises...well, they helped here.

Hey Dr0g0n, I have about the same number and I'm really trying hard too. Hope we get it. I have only two nests and I always feel like my phone alarm is ringing (irritatingly) to wake up and collect from the quest and snowman.

@starship, wow! How?

If you're doing what I'm doing, that is sacrificing some sleep and playing almost all the time (on break btw), then we WILL get there. Currently with 6087 points atm with 17 hours to go, possibly try to get it done before sleep. So that I don't need to wake up in the middle of the night trying to squeeze in as much snowflakes as I can get like the past couple of days.

I've been calculating and recalculating all throughout the event to make sure it's possible so that I don't waste my hard effort for nothing.

Welp good luck to you and everyone~

zaaracake
12-15-16, 08:02 PM
If you're doing what I'm doing, that is sacrificing some sleep and playing almost all the time (on break btw), then we WILL get there. Currently with 6087 points atm with 17 hours to go, possibly try to get it done before sleep. So that I don't need to wake up in the middle of the night trying to squeeze in as much snowflakes as I can get like the past couple of days.

Oh I've been waking every three hours all night to reset quests and collect from the snowman etc but that adds so little to the tally. I'm using all the boosts I have from Bingo too (which weren't many) but I have over 700 left to collect. Fifteen hours left. Not looking so good for me though I've been a diligent little monkey all they the event.
Ah well, I did my absolute best and that's all one can can ever do.

DR0G0N
12-15-16, 09:34 PM
Oh I've been waking every three hours all night to reset quests and collect from the snowman etc but that adds so little to the tally. I'm using all the boosts I have from Bingo too (which weren't many) but I have over 700 left to collect. Fifteen hours left. Not looking so good for me though I've been a diligent little monkey all they the event.
Ah well, I did my absolute best and that's all one can can ever do.

Do you have 2 temples too? If you're like me, with 2 temples, 2 nests, and 7 farms, you'll be cutting it really close. Possibly needing 109 snowflakes in the end to reach the milestone, that is assuming everything is running and collecting promptly. So 109 snowflakes would cost about 54 or 55 golds give or take. It's up to you if you want to spend that for the last prize. I suggest if you do, I highly recommend speeding the nest/temple instead of spending the gold directly on the last milestone.

I know you like Christmas themed dragons, that's why I offered the suggestion, so that your effort wouldn't be totally wasted. Good Luck~ ;]

zaaracake
12-16-16, 02:30 AM
Do you have 2 temples too? If you're like me, with 2 temples, 2 nests, and 7 farms, you'll be cutting it really close. Possibly needing 109 snowflakes in the end to reach the milestone, that is assuming everything is running and collecting promptly. So 109 snowflakes would cost about 54 or 55 golds give or take. It's up to you if you want to spend that for the last prize. I suggest if you do, I highly recommend speeding the nest/temple instead of spending the gold directly on the last milestone.

I know you like Christmas themed dragons, that's why I offered the suggestion, so that your effort wouldn't be totally wasted. Good Luck~ ;]

Just the one evo temple. Sure, I'll def do what you say. You've always given great suggestions so far! Tks. Hope you make it too.

bakerystoe
12-16-16, 02:55 AM
What? this event works in Artic 2? I don't know that:( I got my sled but wreath is impossible to get:( If you gonna spend about 900 snowflakes a day:(

ozigal
12-16-16, 03:20 AM
I am in shock . I have attained Wreath somehow, but did sacrifice my planting over night to the 8hr lower yield crops and again for today because of commitments. It seems three nests is a must now to be able to complete any event. I bit the bullet and spent precious gold halfway through to get that third nest. Now I finally have it after much deliberation , they will up the ante again.lol.

DR0G0N
12-16-16, 05:00 AM
Just the one evo temple. Sure, I'll def do what you say. You've always given great suggestions so far! Tks. Hope you make it too.

Base on what you have, at this point with 6 hours to go, you could earn 216 snowflakes give or take. So, depending how far you are with the last milestone, you could decide rather to spend gold to speed things. Keep in mind they might or might not have something special for Christmas Day. (I'm still hoping for GDP sale).

As for me, I got mine last night at around 1 in the morning, not too bad with 12 hours to go (but have to head back to work today).

Hope you're close enough to get the last dragon, if not, no worries since every now and then they recycle back dragons and there's plenty of new ones to come.

starship412
12-16-16, 05:11 AM

@starship, wow! How?

Consistent evolution and planting. Also had "luck" with breeding long time dragons - a bunch of Sunrise and Virtue fails. I now have 7900 snowflakes.

olgatt
12-16-16, 05:39 AM
Got it with no so much efforts. One nest, one temple.
Gonna stay in the storage for a while anyway

amerirish
12-16-16, 07:41 AM
All the best Amer. I really hope you get this one cuz I felt bad for you last time with all those yucky Sunrises...well, they helped here....

Aw, thanks - you're sweet :) I did get Wreath so happy about that. I'm still collecting like mad though for the final community prize. I really hope you make it to the last prize & get all the goodies :D

zaaracake
12-16-16, 09:05 AM
@Dr0g0n, @Starship @Amer @ozigal...oh how wonderful! All of you made it :-D
@starship, yep those KOD fails sure helped!

As for me...not much to do :-D
I'll be able to place Wreath when I hatch my Air dragon for the last two points. Woooooooop!
It wouldn't have been possible without the 3x points, a couple of sleepless nights and the awesome @ksbmommy's tip about scraping points thru bingo and the resulting bingo BOOSTS...
Dunno if we can do this agn, ppl.

@ksbmommy....did you read that? Impossible! I'd like to name my Wreath dragon for/after you but I don't know your name. Or even better, (respecting your privacy) would you please stop by my island wall and pick a name of your choice for her? Only if you want to, of course. I hope you don't think that's too silly but good advice that's given in time, ought to be remembered, I feel. And I hope you get this one too. Wouldn't be the same for me if you didn't.

@frenchmarketgirl how's it going? Don't give up. I had 1200 snowflakes to collect as of 24 hours ago. You can still make the last coupla hundreds. Read @Dr0g0n's replies to my posts, esp the last two ones about the gold. Very helpful tips.

Got it with no so much efforts. One nest, one temple.
Gonna stay in the storage for a while anyway

@olgatt, wow! so nonchalant :-D very very cool! Very James Bond.
I had two nests and for me it's been a crazy, undignified scramble.

zaaracake
12-16-16, 09:08 AM
So, depending how far you are with the last milestone, you could decide rather to spend gold to speed things. Keep in mind they might or might not have something special for Christmas Day. (I'm still hoping for GDP sale).
Hope you're close enough to get the last dragon, if not, no worries since every now and then they recycle back dragons and there's plenty of new ones to come.

@Dr0g0n, total gold spent 1.
Yeah, you read it right. I sped up the last hour of an evo yest when I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.

Natasha_07
12-16-16, 09:38 AM
Really hate the points in this event, I'm still behind 600 points for Wreath. Sucks! :(

zaaracake
12-16-16, 09:50 AM
@Natasha_07 oh too bad...yes it was very hard. Impossible to finish without staying awake for two nights at least to keep collecting from the quest and snowman. I would not have done it for any other dragon but an Xmas one. I hope they have gentler targets next time cuz if this was not a lighter season of work for me, I would never have been able to make it.

9krm
12-16-16, 10:58 AM
I have 5100. I refuse to spend gold on these events and I don't like to plant so many 20 hour crops, so I am happy with what I did overall. I got two free dragons, and I like the decos this time around. :)

ksbmommy
12-16-16, 11:14 AM
Finished with 6212. I had to speed up a few dragons this morning because I didn't have any free time to play all morning.

saghaven
12-16-16, 11:27 AM
I had to speed hatch the Quasar I bred (yay!, waited until the last possible minute to do it so it wouldn't cost a ton of gold), had last minute farms to hatch, finished the quest and got the flakes from the snowman statue and STILL was 9 snowflakes short with 15 minutes left. SMDH. I just planted some 1 hour rushrooms (which completed a bingo challenge) and sped harvested three of them to get the last 9 to finish with 6200 on the nose. But I got the Wreath dragon on the nest now. :)

They continue to make these last individual dragons far too hard to reach if they only give big points for hatching, evolving and farming.

Ali03Jah07
12-16-16, 11:34 AM
My worldevent icon disapeerd Just before THE end. Did not finish

PinkBubbles75
12-16-16, 11:34 AM
I was able to get the wreath dragon and will probably hatch it at some point

Florr06
12-16-16, 11:41 AM
I got Wreath with one hour to go! I saw the event disappear with (at least) 1 minute to go, frustrating for those who wanted to wait till the last second to collect :(

Natasha_07
12-16-16, 12:24 PM
I know right! It's the Holidays after all, I would like S8 to show a little tidy bit of holiday cheer. :(

Seriously it's way too much points, hope the next one is better timed or points reduced.

@Natasha_07 oh too bad...yes it was very hard. Impossible to finish without staying awake for two nights at least to keep collecting from the quest and snowman. I would not have done it for any other dragon but an Xmas one. I hope they have gentler targets next time cuz if this was not a lighter season of work for me, I would never have been able to make it.

amerirish
12-16-16, 01:56 PM
I missed the end of the event, did we get the final community prize?

9krm
12-16-16, 02:16 PM
I missed the end of the event, did we get the final community prize?

Yep! I believe with 30 minutes or so left.

DR0G0N
12-16-16, 08:04 PM
@Dr0g0n, total gold spent 1.
Yeah, you read it right. I sped up the last hour of an evo yest when I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.
Congratz to you getting your Wreath dragon. Yup, that is exactly what I would want you to do, speed up remaining temple/nest. I'm glad all you needed to do was just use 1 gold. All your hard work is not in vain. :]

zaaracake
12-17-16, 12:32 AM
Congratz to you getting your Wreath dragon. Yup, that is exactly what I would want you to do, speed up remaining temple/nest. I'm glad all you needed to do was just use 1 gold. All your hard work is not in vain. :]

:-) true. But I really hope S8 makes it easier next time.
Into the battle arena and onto the battle thread now...how are you doing there?

@ksbmommy, good to see you made it.

DR0G0N
12-17-16, 05:16 AM
:-) true. But I really hope S8 makes it easier next time.
Into the battle arena and onto the battle thread now...how are you doing there?

@ksbmommy, good to see you made it.

Yea...I'm just glad they gave us the 3x points, but then again, I find it very redundant when they could just lower the points in the milestone instead of doing x2 or x3. I didn't really see the point in that...

I'm going against the lvl 20 Glasswing atm. Haha, I used my lvl 10 Glasswing to give it a shot, she decided she wanted to relax in the spa instead. XD

I see you are stuck on Centurion, I don't remember exactly what I used since I think I just sped through this tourney, but I would try your high level dragons or Diamond type or Metal or other ADIPPS if you have any. I didn't have any ADIPPS or Metal, so I either went with lvl 14 Ice King or lvl 10 Forgefather which has a metal type in it. Or maybe give it a try with using your highest lvl champ against champ, sometimes it works.

katali119
12-17-16, 09:41 AM
It's like giving constant sales instead of lowering prices all the time in shops. People are more inclined to think it's a good deal if they can say, look, we're giving you more; even if really it's exactly the same. Just marketing strategy.

amerirish
12-17-16, 11:11 AM
Yep! I believe with 30 minutes or so left.

zaaracake
12-17-16, 10:58 PM
I see you are stuck on Centurion, I don't remember exactly what I used since I think I just sped through this tourney, but I would try your high level dragons or Diamond type or Metal or other ADIPPS if you have any. I didn't have any ADIPPS or Metal, so I either went with lvl 14 Ice King or lvl 10 Forgefather which has a metal type in it. Or maybe give it a try with using your highest lvl champ against champ, sometimes it works.

Oh Dr0g0n I've literally tried everything! The losses are as @saghaven puts it, too many to count. I have Metal which I fed up to L12 and a Dia which I got up to L11 JUST for Centurion and (seeing your earlier tip) my L12 Ice Giant.
Ice Giant is a hard worker, he sure does try. So do some of the toddlers. I almost got the Mother of Evil with a Level 1 Wild baby. Almost.
Regarding, ADIPPS my Dia is so darn peaceful she is definitely channeling the combined spirits of Gandhi and Aung San Suu Kyi.
And my absobloomingly c**p (insert word which rhymes with crop) Metal dragon seems to sit down in the middle of battle and think trippy thoughts about his afterlife in the Great Sky Junkyard.
Is there a Maximus Decimus Meridius dragon? I need him. He'd crush a mere Centurion.
And then I can at least get some corrupt thingys.
Sorry for the wailing in the first line. I didn't know it was so hard.
I see you're still stuck on Glasswing. Try something fiery, maybe? In my head it sounds right cuz fire melts glass.
Nah, don't listen to me. I'm the worst battler in the world. I should rename my island the League of Nations.