PDA

View Full Version : Mining Misdirection

DirkDragon
12-03-16, 01:24 AM
Does anyone else have a problem with the location directions when mining? I find runes right next to where it says "Too Far", so you just can not believe what you are being told. I also get a cluster of "Close" and dance all around it to find nothing! Runes are hard enough to get; you should at least be able to trust these directions.

Alideh
12-03-16, 03:28 AM
I've had the same problem :/
I usually tend to get 1 per round, sometimes 2 and rarely 3. I've probably only got 4 runes in a round about 2-3 times in total.

poofyena
12-03-16, 03:33 AM
I'm having the same issue at the moment. Mining for runes seems to have become much harder lately. I used to get 2 or 3 a round when now I'm struggling to find one.
Not happy when it takes so long to get runes as it is.

Morag2000
12-03-16, 03:57 AM
I too, have the same problem, I found a rune right next to a "too far" hit. Even when I bought 10 bombs at the cost of 80 gems,
I only got 9 runes. It has become far too hard to get runes and is demoralising when you have to have 70-80 runes to expand.

Silverrain1
12-03-16, 05:41 PM
Twice now I have came out the mine with nothing but looking at where I had marked, I can't understand how that happened.

Alideh
12-03-16, 07:13 PM
Thank you Alideh for your advice I will keep that in mind. The problem is I have 38 animals in storage and desperately need to expand and buy habitats for them.

Ouch, I don't have that many but I have a few so I understand that pain. What I did when I had quite a few piling up in storage was sell all my duplicate "COMMON" animals, and then once I did that I freed some space, after a while I needed more space so I started selling "COMMON" or "RARE" animals that I usually got easy and wasn't a big fan of. For example, I sold my Fire Glider, Armadillo (After I got my CU since I had used that one for the combo), Chromadille, Aquatter, Sea Horse (I didn't like the slimy look to it) , Rockodile, Chameneon, rainguin, Bamboon, and my Plantlers.
Some were hard to let go since they were level 15 and had been with me since I started playing BUT I had eggs I wanted to hatch of animals I really wanted so I sold them.
Not sure if you already did that or don't want to but unfortunately that is all I could give you as advice for freeing up more space :/
Good luck finding more runes.

Hope they do make it a bit easier o.o

Oh yeah also when the Leaderboards is going on set your alarm to however long is left on the timer after spinning it so you can spin more often and have a chance at getting runes. I have gotten quite a few from that wheel.

Eluzyion
12-03-16, 07:28 PM
Not sure if this will help or not, but mining seems to have changed to where they put a rune very close to one you've gotten.. I've seen it a lot, so if you hit a couple far away, try going close to where you've been, if that makes sense.. But yes some are definitely misleading

Morag2000
12-04-16, 04:07 AM
Ouch, I don't have that many but I have a few so I understand that pain. What I did when I had quite a few piling up in storage was sell all my duplicate "COMMON" animals, and then once I did that I freed some space, after a while I needed more space so I started selling "COMMON" or "RARE" animals that I usually got easy and wasn't a big fan of. For example, I sold my Fire Glider, Armadillo (After I got my CU since I had used that one for the combo), Chromadille, Aquatter, Sea Horse (I didn't like the slimy look to it) , Rockodile, Chameneon, rainguin, Bamboon, and my Plantlers.
Some were hard to let go since they were level 15 and had been with me since I started playing BUT I had eggs I wanted to hatch of animals I really wanted so I sold them.
Not sure if you already did that or don't want to but unfortunately that is all I could give you as advice for freeing up more space :/
Good luck finding more runes.

Hope they do make it a bit easier o.o

Oh yeah also when the Leaderboards is going on set your alarm to however long is left on the timer after spinning it so you can spin more often and have a chance at getting runes. I have gotten quite a few from that wheel.

Thank you very much for going to so much trouble in helping me Alideh, your suggestions are very helpful. It's easy to get rid of the ugly creatures but when it comes to the cute ones it's like throwing your children away. Ha Ha

Morag2000
12-04-16, 04:09 AM
Not sure if this will help or not, but mining seems to have changed to where they put a rune very close to one you've gotten.. I've seen it a lot, so if you hit a couple far away, try going close to where you've been, if that makes sense.. But yes some are definitely misleading

Thank you Eluzyion for your help, I will try your suggestions.

saucysammis
12-04-16, 11:30 AM
Thank you Alideh for your advice I will keep that in mind. The problem is I have 38 animals in storage and desperately need to expand and buy habitats for them.

I have 33 animals in storage and I've learned to be ok with it. The best use of gems vs bombs is to speed the den if the nest is ready. You use a few here and there and end up moving faster with the expansions.

There is a strategy for the mine of bombing in a zig zag across the middle that often will show at least one close rune.

I don't sell anything if I don't have a duplicate unless it's the coin purchase animals and I'll have room to get them back soon. I learned the hard way when I needed one for a goal and had sold it. Lately I have ended up with several duplicates in storage...animals that I hatched a year or two ago for a goal that are now prizes in the spin to win or the leaderboard. I will definitely be selling the leveled up ones if I need room since I have the duplicates to put out when I can.
I just sold a bulldog to get room for the armordillo I have to feed, because I have a duplicate in storage.
I'll ultimately be selling the epic Armordillo since it can't be fed anymore and keeping the new one.
I just spun a merry merecat prize so I may sell the one I leveled up years ago and place the baby because I thing it looks better.
Etc....

Silverrain1
12-04-16, 04:07 PM
I normally do one in the middle then one near each corner, that usually gets me something but if not I do the bottom middle then top middle then the left and right.

DirkDragon
12-05-16, 01:17 AM
I normally do one in the middle then one near each corner, that usually gets me something but if not I do the bottom middle then top middle then the left and right.

But do you ever find runes next to "Too Far"? My purpose in this thread is to see how common a problem it is. I guess if players trust the indicator, they won't go near it. My thanks to those who have posted.

Eluzyion
12-05-16, 07:50 AM
I don't think they care, but couple other things that bug me in the mine.. If you used your bomb to get in and need only one rune to expand like 79/80 then let more than one actually count in that instance.. It's a waste when you hit 2-3 spots and only get coins past that last rune.. Also when trying to expand to poppy pony it doesn't even allow you to expand to the cost of that habitat, I had to use gems.. You should be able to mine to the limit of the expansion, my max was 70 at the time and even hitting "mine" from the habitat would not allow you to mine so when they added poppy pony they didn't allow for the amt of runes it takes

Silverrain1
12-05-16, 11:48 AM
But do you ever find runes next to "Too Far"? My purpose in this thread is to see how common a problem it is. I guess if players trust the indicator, they won't go near it. My thanks to those who have posted.

sorry, I thought people were looking for tips on the best way to get around the mine. Yes I do find mines beside a too far sometimes

DirkDragon
12-05-16, 01:17 PM
sorry, I thought people were looking for tips on the best way to get around the mine. Yes I do find mines beside a too far sometimes

No need to apologise, all discussion is good and tips are always welcome.

Alideh
12-05-16, 01:19 PM
Thank you very much for going to so much trouble in helping me Alideh, your suggestions are very helpful. It's easy to get rid of the ugly creatures but when it comes to the cute ones it's like throwing your children away. Ha Ha

Glad they helped :D You are very welcome and yes!!

kooky panda
12-05-16, 01:45 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with the location directions when mining? I find runes right next to where it says "Too Far", so you just can not believe what you are being told. I also get a cluster of "Close" and dance all around it to find nothing! Runes are hard enough to get; you should at least be able to trust these directions.
I did check on this and found out that you may be confusing a previous 'Too Far' message with looking for a new rune.

Once a rune is found, the location indicators reset, since only one rune can be active in the cave at a time.

If you are still experiencing issues, please Contact Storm8 :support.storm8.com >> submit a request (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us) with step by step screenshots so the team can investigate further.

retseho
12-05-16, 08:47 PM
I did check on this and found out that you may be confusing a previous 'Too Far' message with looking for a new rune.

Once a rune is found, the location indicators reset, since only one rune can be active in the cave at a time.

Just want to add :
The Dragonstory Game Guide sticky has a very good write up on mining, almost ensuring a 2 to 2.4 return per bomb. The mining guide and grid also applies to FFS. I usually get 2 runes per bomb, occasionally only 1 rune.

Alideh
12-05-16, 11:54 PM

If you are still experiencing issues, please Contact Storm8 :support.storm8.com >> submit a request (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us) with step by step screenshots so the team can investigate further.

I did not know this, Thank you for letting us know.
Alright then, that changes things a bit.

Alideh
12-05-16, 11:54 PM
Just want to add :
The Dragonstory Game Guide sticky has a very good write up on mining, almost ensuring a 2 to 2.4 return per bomb. The mining guide and grid also applies to FFS. I usually get 2 runes per bomb, occasionally only 1 rune.

Thank you, will check that out :o

DirkDragon
12-06-16, 01:13 AM
I had no idea that indicators were reset after finding a rune. Frankly, I do not see the logic in that. I had presumed that they would reset after each BOMB. However, thanks for letting me know.

DirkDragon
12-06-16, 01:14 AM
Just want to add :

Thanks, I will also check that out.