PDA

View Full Version : Forum registration

Mattdiner
03-09-11, 01:12 PM
I know that forum registration is coming soon, and I have been patiently waiting. I know my way around this forum inside out. Every day lately I have been visiting the members list. About a week ago, new people slowly somehow started to join. Over the last two days, lots of people have been joining. Now there is 27 members! How are they doing this?

Unregistered
03-09-11, 03:04 PM
Having run my own vBulletin forum in the past this is usually done by the forum administrator.
In the admin console users can be manually added bypassing registration completely.
My guess is they are testing storm8 id integration like the official storm8 forums are setup.

Whether they are updating all of the 'Story' apps to assign storm8 passwords and forum links or they are going to have us run an existing storm8 app to do this I don't know.

Unregistered
03-09-11, 03:08 PM
So why are some people being added before others? That makes no sense. They are not listed as mods or employees

deeslatrommi
03-09-11, 03:16 PM
Testing 123

deeslatrommi
03-09-11, 03:17 PM
I signed in with my storm8 id. It's progress, at least it is being worked on.

Mattdiner
03-09-11, 03:21 PM
I signed in with my storm8 id. It's progress, at least it is being worked on.

What did you use as the password?

deeslatrommi
03-09-11, 03:23 PM
If you don't have a storm8 password you can set one up in any storm8 game
For Pets Live:
Play to level 2
Home
Configure (gear icon)
Storm8 tab
Setup your password
Come back to the forums and sign in.

Mattdiner
03-09-11, 03:35 PM
For Pets Live:
Play to level 2
Home
Configure (gear icon)
Storm8 tab
Setup your password

I made my password, and quickly tried to sign in and it happened to say it was the 5th attempt. XD
Besides, it probably didn't have enough time to go through the whole system.
I'l try again in 10 minutes (I tried 5 minutes ago).

mattdiner
03-09-11, 08:29 PM
Got it!!!!

Unregistered
03-09-11, 08:47 PM
Got it!!!!

For real?!? Are you now registered?

Mel19
03-09-11, 08:57 PM

Hey, it worked!

mattdiner
03-09-11, 08:58 PM
Yep, but I can't make an avatar. It doesn't let you. At least posting only takes 5 seconds now!

Mel19
03-09-11, 09:43 PM
Yep, but I can't make an avatar. It doesn't let you. At least posting only takes 5 seconds now!

Yeah I tried too. I like the "report post" button on each post... I hope it works. I feel like I have a new game to play with now....

deeslatrommi
03-11-11, 03:18 AM
For Pets Live:
Play to level 2
Home
Configure (gear icon)
Storm8 tab
Setup your password

Pointed out by deadpixel in the Bakery forum it looks like the Help/FAQ section in Restaurant Story has a create password option. So if you want to sign in you don't have to play another game.

lesleypsg1
03-11-11, 10:36 AM
I'm in! Yeah!

kooky panda
03-11-11, 12:21 PM
yes in restaurant story- you can set up password...

deadpixel
03-11-11, 12:42 PM
yes in restaurant story- you can set up password...

You'll find that you should be able to set your password in any of the Teamlava games' Help/FAQ section, even Treasure Story.

Donnahh
03-12-11, 02:43 AM
You'll find that you should be able to set your password in any of the Teamlava games' Help/FAQ section, even Treasure Story.

This is how I registered for this forum :)

mawmaw3
03-13-11, 03:55 PM
I signed in using my stormID & password. RS has place in Help/FAQ section to assign yourself a password. It states that once you get a password, you will be provided more info....not. Just go to forum page & sign in at upper right corner.

Donnahh
03-13-11, 05:04 PM
Just go to the help/faq tab on any story game, look for forums and set your password in-game.
Come back and log in with your Storm8 ID and the password you just chose.

Kuduh
03-13-11, 11:33 PM
Works :)
Right on