PDA

View Full Version : Ducks - NEW Leaderboard Event! Quack Quack! - Dec 1, 2016

[S8] Regina
12-01-16, 03:32 PM
LEADERBOARD EVENT!
Rank at the top to win Mama Duck and her Ducklings!

Requires level 15+ | Minimum game version is iOS 2.6 | Event is live from 12/1/2016 2:30 PM to 12/8/2016 12:00 PM PST

http://imgur.com/Lopmawr.png

Earn Points by:
Completing a Delivery - 5 points
Crafting items in the Bakery - 3 points/hour
Completing an order in the Farmer's Market - 3 points
Complete ALL orders in the Farmer's Market - 20+ points
Feed and Collect from farm animals - 2 points/hour
Collecting 20 points every 3 hours from the Duck Crossing Sign
BONUS: Mine for rare points bundles - 10+ points
BONUS: Catch fish in the pond - 1+ points
BONUS: Find Truffles in the Truffle Forest - 1+ points

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/FS2/IMG_2591_zpsxbkgyidx.jpeg

Final preparations prior to event
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595

Event Schedule
Event is live from 12/1/2016 2:30 PM to 12/8/2016 12:00 PM PST.
You can use this Time Zone Converter (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone.

How to earn Leaderboard Points
Complete a delivery - 5 points
Craft items in the Bakery - 3 points/hr
Complete an order in the Farmers' Market - 3 points
Complete all orders in the Farmers' Market - 20+ points
Feed and collect from farm animals - 2 points/hr

Cow - 0.5 point
Chicken - 1 point
Donkey - 3 points
Pig - 6 points
Sheep - 12 points
Alpaca - 18 points
Goat - 20 points
Collect points Duck Crossing Sign every 3 hours - 20 points
BONUS: find Brown Truffles - 1+ points
Event Boost
Refer to Guidelines for Leaderboard Event (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595) on how event boosts work.
- 1.5x boost
- 2x boost
- Duck Crossing Sign
- Bakery boost

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to farm levels.
50 points - Mystery Box (LB points, coins, xp, pickaxes or shovels)
300 points - Mystery Box (LB points, coins, xp, pickaxes or shovels)
700 points - Duck Pond (habitat for 3 duck pets)
1,500 points - Mystery Box (LB points, barn parts, silo parts or expansion parts)
3,000 points - Mystery Box (LB points, barn parts, silo parts or expansion parts)
4,000 points - Duckie Bathtub
5,500 points - Mystery Box (LB points, dynamite, a ruby, a golden lure or gems)
7,000 points - Giant Rubber Duckie
8,500 points - Mystery Box (LB points, dynamite, a ruby, a golden lure or gems)
10,000 points - Mallard (pet)

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your cellar upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

Rank Prizes
1st - Mama Duck and ducklings, Gold trophy (description)
2nd - Mama Duck and ducklings, Silver trophy
3rd - Giant Rubber Duckie, Bronze trophy, 10 expansion permits
4th to 6th - Giant Rubber Duckie, 10,000 coins, 5 expansion permits

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your cellar at the end of the event.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/FS2/IMG_2593_zpsjfbblvbj.jpeg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/FS2/IMG_2594_zpsvnuoqtif.jpeg

[S8] Regina
12-01-16, 04:13 PM
So let me get this straight. Only ONE person can win 1st prize ducks?

People are placed into groups, so there will be one person out of that group that will be placed 1st, 2nd, etc.

Clark_Wayne
12-01-16, 04:19 PM
saw the leaderboard : absolutly not interested. already over 50 pets so i can pass the duck (besides can not produce enough food for all of them)
i'm not even interested by the lower prices :D

mearro
12-01-16, 07:00 PM
So let me get this straight. Only ONE person can win 1st prize ducks?

My concern exactly. Well, actually 2 people from the group can get the duck and her duckling (1st and 2nd place) but still that's just two people whereas everyone can get the mallard. How about making top 5 or 3 that get the duck set?

The event has just barely started but I already know I won't get them with my opponents way ahead of me with 200-300+ points already unless I massively spend on boosters, meaning gems and play non-stop. I appreciate the fairness that players in the group are within similar level though.

Edit1: yep, the popping banner covers the crafting options, please move it somewhere else?

Edit2: I think it's better to save your mining tools and fishing baits for Christmas event if you don't plan to fully invest into this event, that's what I plan to do. Too few points for fishing and I still haven't found the bundle points in mining but I won't waste anymore of my tools.

sheepishjaina
12-01-16, 07:27 PM
For the love of all that is holy, can the pop up banner be moved from the bottom? I'm going bonkers with it flashing right over the crafting options.

PookieBear50
12-01-16, 09:38 PM
Question: with all the reported issues on the new update, I have not yet downloaded and installed version 2.6. Will the event be postponed until the issues are resolved?

Rynetory2
12-01-16, 09:57 PM
Question: with all the reported issues on the new update, I have not yet downloaded and installed version 2.6. Will the event be postponed until the issues are resolved?

What issues are you referring to? I didn't see any major or show stopper issues reported. There were 2 members having issues logging into their game but it might be due to their individual factors.

From what I know, the players in my group are tons of points ahead, like gaining 400 points within 15mins. So they are able to play. I have no issues using the new version but I'm bowing out gracefully from this event because there is no way I can earn 400 points every 15mins to keep up. Not to mention I need more points than that in order to secure the top 2 positions.

The event is in progress. I would suggest that you download and try out the new version to participate.

mearro
12-02-16, 12:07 AM
From what I know, the players in my group are tons of points ahead, like gaining 400 points within 15mins. So they are able to play. I have no issues using the new version but I'm bowing out gracefully from this event because there is no way I can earn 400 points every 15mins to keep up. Not to mention I need more points than that in order to secure the top 2 positions.

It's a shame but I also cannot get the winning duck set but we all can still get the mallard if we manage to collect 8k points. Would be nice to have a whole duck family but that's still something ;)

Btw, what does 2 points/hour mean? Is that max 2 points we can get per hour or is that 2 points per hour we can regardless of what we do and on top of when we feed/collect from farm animals?

leysanne
12-02-16, 05:39 AM
I just reached over 10,000 got my mallard but where are the other ducks?

Those ducks will be awarded at the end of the leaderboard event to the people in 1st & 2nd place in your league table. Your prize depends on where you come in the board ... it's a competition between all of you in your group. Keep collecting your points right up until the end.

dizzle507
12-02-16, 05:51 AM

The event started a day ago and you already have 10k and the duck?!? You must have spent a ton of gems. Also 10000 is a bit much. I know you can get the trophies from doing other tasks (but not very many), but it would take 2000 deliveries to get there, which is insane.......

Rynetory2
12-02-16, 06:23 AM
It's a shame but I also cannot get the winning duck set but we all can still get the mallard if we manage to collect 8k points. Would be nice to have a whole duck family but that's still something ;)

Btw, what does 2 points/hour mean? Is that max 2 points we can get per hour or is that 2 points per hour we can regardless of what we do and on top of when we feed/collect from farm animals?

Many thanks sweetie for your kind and encouraging words. :) I'm afraid the mallard is at 10,000 points for me and that means I've to do 335 high level deliveries per day which is quite impossible cos the crafts needed take longer to craft. Maybe easier for lower level farms though. I think this is impossible unless we buy the gem boosts. But then again a member has achieved 10,000 in a single day so there's hope.

Anyways let me check and try to get more info on the 2 points/hour.

Edit to add: I've sent in your question. Hopefully I'll get an answer soon. :)

Rynetory2
12-02-16, 06:25 AM

You need to be at top 2 position at the end of event in order to win the other ducks.

Congrats on getting 10,000 points on first day! :D Can you share your strategy with the community? :o

lsloman
12-02-16, 06:49 AM
How are the groups determined? I'm level 59 and do not have goats yet, so I'm already at a disadvantage over the levels I'm grouped with, i.e. Level 73 whose in first, another level 73 who's in second, level 71 whose in third.... I'd like to suggest for the next round of challenges, the groups are made fair so that all who participate have the opportunity to win. Thanks.

dizzle507
12-02-16, 08:14 AM
Why do you sound so mad about it? Work hard and you too shall get to 10,000

Not mad at all. Just stating the obvious. That storm8 has been making the events more impossible to complete and they are money hungry. To complete challenges in the past you had to use very little gems or none at all. Now with the Non stop events going with no break in between, they just want to see how much money they can squeeze from us.....which they won't be getting from me.

mearro
12-02-16, 10:40 AM
Was there such event with duck and her duckling before? I might try next year maybe

yppahc
12-02-16, 04:53 PM
This is stupidly difficult. I ended the day on 1515 but the effort taken is unsustainable over a full week. I don't know whether to give up tho as I have done this in the past on S8 games. Then they have lowered targets.

mearro
12-02-16, 07:06 PM
Apart from deliveries and lucky spins you can get many points from your farm animals: cows/chickens 1point, pigs 6 points and sheeps 12points. So if you have max of them that will help! I'm sure you get even more with alpaca, donkeys and goats but I don't have them.

griffithpack
12-02-16, 08:41 PM
Wasted gems to try the 1 hour boost. Never got 1 1/2 times points on cows or chickens. Got a point bundle from mining - only 10 - not 15 which would have been 1 1/2 times what we should get. Very disappointed �� and not sure this is worth the effort! Never mind the waste of gems!

yppahc
12-03-16, 03:21 AM
Wasted gems to try the 1 hour boost. Never got 1 1/2 times points on cows or chickens. Got a point bundle from mining - only 10 - not 15 which would have been 1 1/2 times what we should get. Very disappointed �� and not sure this is worth the effort! Never mind the waste of gems!

I agree with this, 1.5xs should mean 1.5xs. If the usual points are odd we don't get the 0.5, they round down (mathematically wrong). These 0.5s add up! I am not sure how this stands in UK law either, eg 50% discount of 9.99 has to be 4.50 so costs 4.49.

I am sure I did get 15 during mining, when you find the trophy it says 15 leadership points in the pop up but 10 at the end.

ETA just checked the mining and there are 50 point trophies!

Rynetory2
12-03-16, 04:59 AM

The 3 points/hr for Bakery means that you get 6 points for crafting a 2 hr craft. The points are given according to the duration of craft time. Bread gets 1 point because it's only 15mins.

Likewise for the 2 points/hr for animals. Cows and chickens get 1 point for their short harvesting time. The longer the animal takes to harvest, the more points you get from it. Hope this helps.

Was there such event with duck and her duckling before? I might try next year maybe

This is the first time we are offered ducks as pets.

WSEagles
12-03-16, 11:14 AM
I have 8 cows and I just noticed that 4 of them aren't giving me any points!

mearro
12-03-16, 12:21 PM
The 3 points/hr for Bakery means that you get 6 points for crafting a 2 hr craft. The points are given according to the duration of craft time. Bread gets 1 point because it's only 15mins.

Likewise for the 2 points/hr for animals. Cows and chickens get 1 point for their short harvesting time. The longer the animal takes to harvest, the more points you get from it. Hope this helps.

Thanks, now I see how it works. So I could actually try baking bread, let's say 15mins x4 that would give me 4 points in 1 hour but I would need to be constantly playing, hmmmm

Btw, how big are the groups? I'm competing against 20 players while my friend only 10.

NunuusFarm
12-03-16, 07:59 PM
I have a question: are the rubber duckies a decoration? Also the rubber duckies are awarded as a milestone to get to the mallard pet meaning everyone who plays for the mallard will be awarded a duckie regardless of where they end on the leaderboard, correct?

The whole back to back events is insane. I thought they'll give us a couple of weeks break until the christmas event, so I was trying to stock up all the hard to craft items, tools etc. Unfortunately, the mallard and ducks are just too darn cute. I think I'll only aim for getting the mallard and if I end up with the mama duck and ducklings then yay me :)

mearro
12-04-16, 02:00 AM
I have a question: are the rubber duckies a decoration? Also the rubber duckies are awarded as a milestone to get to the mallard pet meaning everyone who plays for the mallard will be awarded a duckie regardless of where they end on the leaderboard, correct?

That's what I was thinking too which makes it rather silly. Imo the worst position to end with is the 3rd place, like you're so close yet end up with the useless decoration. I'm just glad I can get some coins, and since I'm way behind my opponents I'm just preparing now for the Christmas event which I hope is more doable.

dizzle507
12-04-16, 06:47 PM
I have been playing this game For a little over 2 years now, not quite since the beginning, but pretty close. I have seen people quit after challenges and I have kept on going. But I am seriously considering being done with this game after this. This challenge really made me mad. To only have the top 2 people win the challenge is disappointing. I am 3rd, was battling back and forth for 2nd, until today . when I logged in I was behind 2000 points. So basically I slept for 8hrs and was down by 2k....seriously? The 1 and 2 people in my group are both 30 levels higher than me. How is this fair?

Rynetory2
12-05-16, 08:34 AM
http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/FS2/IMG_2591_zpsxbkgyidx.jpeg

Final preparations prior to event
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595

Event Schedule
Event is live from 12/1/2016 2:30 PM to 12/8/2016 12:00 PM PST.
You can use this Time Zone Converter (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone.

How to earn Leaderboard Points
Complete a delivery - 5 points
Craft items in the Bakery - 3 points/hr
Complete an order in the Farmers' Market - 3 points
Complete all orders in the Farmers' Market - 20+ points
Feed and collect from farm animals - 2 points/hr

Cow - 0.5 point
Chicken - 1 point
Donkey - 3 points
Pig - 6 points
Sheep - 12 points
Alpaca - 18 points
Goat - 20 points
Collect points Duck Crossing Sign every 3 hours - 20 points
BONUS: find Brown Truffles - 1+ points
Event Boost
Refer to Guidelines for Leaderboard Event (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595) on how event boosts work.
- 1.5x boost
- 2x boost
- Duck Crossing Sign
- Bakery boost

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to farm levels.
50 points - Mystery Box (LB points, coins, xp, pickaxes or shovels)
300 points - Mystery Box (LB points, coins, xp, pickaxes or shovels)
700 points - Duck Pond (habitat for 3 duck pets)
1,500 points - Mystery Box (LB points, barn parts, silo parts or expansion parts)
3,000 points - Mystery Box (LB points, barn parts, silo parts or expansion parts)
4,000 points - Duckie Bathtub
5,500 points - Mystery Box (LB points, dynamite, a ruby, a golden lure or gems)
7,000 points - Giant Rubber Duckie
8,500 points - Mystery Box (LB points, dynamite, a ruby, a golden lure or gems)
10,000 points - Mallard (pet)

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your cellar upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

Rank Prizes
1st - Mama Duck and ducklings, Gold trophy (description)
2nd - Mama Duck and ducklings, Silver trophy
3rd - Giant Rubber Duckie, Bronze trophy, 10 expansion permits
4th to 6th - Giant Rubber Duckie, 10,000 coins, 5 expansion permits

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your cellar at the end of the event.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/FS2/IMG_2593_zpsjfbblvbj.jpeg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/FS2/IMG_2594_zpsvnuoqtif.jpeg

yppahc
12-05-16, 11:28 AM
I have been playing this game For a little over 2 years now, not quite since the beginning, but pretty close. I have seen people quit after challenges and I have kept on going. But I am seriously considering being done with this game after this. This challenge really made me mad. To only have the top 2 people win the challenge is disappointing. I am 3rd, was battling back and forth for 2nd, until today . when I logged in I was behind 2000 points. So basically I slept for 8hrs and was down by 2k....seriously? The 1 and 2 people in my group are both 30 levels higher than me. How is this fair?

They may be in a different time zone, so you could catch them up when they are in bed.

My first impressions of this event were wrong. I use a 1.5 boost first thing in the morning and get ~1000 points in that hour. I am saving all mining and fishing tools for that hour, so along with the animals (beehive) and deliveries the points add up.

I am not sure being a higher level helps, although lower levels may not have all the livestock deliveries get annoyingly difficult.

mearro
12-05-16, 11:56 AM
Is it worth using the x2 booster?

yppahc
12-05-16, 12:57 PM
Is it worth using the x2 booster?

I decided not to as 2 hours doesn't help much as most points come from animals. Most animals can only be collected once in the 2 hours.

However you do get the eqivalent of 2 full collections of all animals with the 2x boost compared with the 1.5. For me 7 gems seems reasonable, 30 not so much.

mearro
12-05-16, 06:25 PM
I decided not to as 2 hours doesn't help much as most points come from animals. Most animals can only be collected once in the 2 hours.

However you do get the eqivalent of 2 full collections of all animals with the 2x boost compared with the 1.5. For me 7 gems seems reasonable, 30 not so much.

Thanks, yeah 30 gems are too much, if it was 15 I could try though.

dragonflyTat
12-06-16, 09:44 AM
You're suppose to get leader points for truffles. I only get points for white and brown truffles. Nothing for the black ones.

mearro
12-06-16, 11:12 AM
You're suppose to get leader points for truffles. I only get points for white and brown truffles. Nothing for the black ones.

I think we should get more points for truffles, to account for the time we wait when the hogs rest.

AllyPally215
12-06-16, 01:11 PM
My friend gets points for every truffle she gets, even when she buys them in the newspaper! I don't get points when I buy them in the paper and don't even get points when I find black ones in the forrest. How is that fair?

Edit: only get points for brown and white (also from shop) - but never from black.

jmterao
12-06-16, 02:31 PM
Well the people in my group will be happy. I quit.

I don't have time to sit on this game 24 hours to get a pet duck.

I mean seriously? It's not even a good prize for this much work.

DragonManda
12-06-16, 03:47 PM
If only the 1st and 2nd place person get the mom and baby ducks out of groups of 20 people, then that means only 10% of the people playing this event can get the main prize. That 10% of the population has to work very hard or use lots of gems or both. Don't stress yourselves out so much over this event, people. It's not worth it. Storm8 loves to dangle impossible goals in front of us so that they can entice us to spend our real money. We can't really hold that against the game makers, though, because they're just trying to make real-world money like the rest of us. Save your gems for those few events that have a prize you care about. If Christmas is your favorite time of year, and you might want the prize from that, then save those gems. If these ducks are the cutest things you've ever seen, then decide if this is the event where you spend all your gems and even use some real money. I predict the events will be harder and harder from now on. I think S8 is looking for more ways to make money because having a free app must not have been working for them anymore. They can't afford to have much time for a break between events because people tend to stop playing as much if there's not constantly some new goal. They're having to work every angle they can to keep the bills paid. That means that we as the game players have to now pick and choose which events we will try to "win" the prizes from, because simply logging in and playing casually won't work anymore. It's sad, but true, that the days of playing hard and earning the prize are probably over. Now we will have to choose which prizes we want most because we will probably have to spend gems to get them.

FunkyJM
12-06-16, 05:43 PM
If only the 1st and 2nd place person get the mom and baby ducks out of groups of 20 people, then that means only 10% of the people playing this event can get the main prize. That 10% of the population has to work very hard or use lots of gems or both. Don't stress yourselves out so much over this event, people. It's not worth it. Storm8 loves to dangle impossible goals in front of us so that they can entice us to spend our real money. We can't really hold that against the game makers, though, because they're just trying to make real-world money like the rest of us. Save your gems for those few events that have a prize you care about. If Christmas is your favorite time of year, and you might want the prize from that, then save those gems. If these ducks are the cutest things you've ever seen, then decide if this is the event where you spend all your gems and even use some real money. I predict the events will be harder and harder from now on. I think S8 is looking for more ways to make money because having a free app must not have been working for them anymore. They can't afford to have much time for a break between events because people tend to stop playing as much if there's not constantly some new goal. They're having to work every angle they can to keep the bills paid. That means that we as the game players have to now pick and choose which events we will try to "win" the prizes from, because simply logging in and playing casually won't work anymore. It's sad, but true, that the days of playing hard and earning the prize are probably over. Now we will have to choose which prizes we want most because we will probably have to spend gems to get them.

Love your message... Totally agreeing with you...

Leaderboard game is not a nice one though... Luckily, I find Mallard duck much cuter :D... More I won't say :o

Bkjqrxy
12-07-16, 09:55 AM
It's unfair...People *****ing with truffles buying and selling them. The point should be for finding them in the forest...not in somebody's shop. Shame on you Storm8 Team

A person from my list of 20 made 10000 point in a few hours by selling and buying truffles only. And I have be ahead of them all for the past 5 days with 3000 point. I'm very disappointed. All this *****ing does make a fair play.

Please cancel all peoples points for today.

I think you should change the rules...whoever gets 10 000 points quicker should be the winner automatically. If anyone reading my messages ..or it feels to me that I'm talk to the wall.

Lilliepaddd
12-07-16, 10:49 AM
I agree. I'm in the same boat. I'm still not sure why. I'm more than upset!!!!!!!!!

minidemon88
12-07-16, 12:51 PM
What?! You get points from buying and re-selling truffles too? I though it's only counted when you hunt for truffles in the forest. I gave up on the event when I couldn't win those players in my group, they're wayy too fast in gaining points. Guessed I know why now. =.="

No wonder there's so many truffles selling in the newspaper now.

griffithpack
12-07-16, 01:03 PM
Too bad storm8 can't figure that out. One person in my group was at the bottom of the board and now has over 60000 LB points. I have over 5 million coins so it's not that I can't, it's that I won't sit and buy and sell truffles for a duck! This whole event should be cancelled.....

Lilliepaddd
12-07-16, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=minidemon88;1375175]What?! You get points from buying and re-selling truffles too? I though it's only counted when you hunt for truffles in the forest. I gave up on the event when I couldn't win those players in my group, they're wayy too fast in gaining points. Guessed I know why now. =.="

No wonder there's so many truffles selling in the newspaper now.[/QUOTE

Yep!!!! ��

Lilliepaddd
12-07-16, 01:04 PM
Too bad storm8 can't figure that out. One person in my group was at the bottom of the board and now has over 60000 LB points. I have over 5 million coins so it's not that I can't, it's that I won't sit and buy and sell truffles for a duck! This whole event should be cancelled.....

I agree!!!! I was in first place from the beginning and yesterday all bleep broke loose!!!! Now I'm in 3rd. If it's not fixed its the last straw.

mearro
12-07-16, 01:13 PM
I saw truffles before but didn't pay attention to them until somebody mentioned it yesterday here and then it got crazy today since people started spreading the words. At first I thought "oh that will help others!" but then I quickly realised the insanity of this. I think it's a glitch that wasn't supposed to work by buying but only by hunting in the truffle forest.

bj2500
12-07-16, 01:58 PM
Where did all these white truffles come from they are so rare in the forest yet there seems to be thousands for sale.

Alida2014
12-07-16, 02:50 PM
What a stupid event. The next one in this type I skipped.

lynard12
12-07-16, 03:27 PM
Where did all these white truffles come from they are so rare in the forest yet there seems to be thousands for sale.

Seriously! I needed 8 white truffles two days ago to complete a truck order no luck in the field or anyone selling them.
Now a neighbor has 10 groups of ten being sold??? Where did they come from?????

mearro
12-07-16, 03:55 PM
Still you need to start somewhere? I rarely get white truffles from my hunts and now they are everywhere. Have they stored them till now?

I wish this truffle thing was stopped, it's madness in the group now.

bj2500
12-07-16, 03:55 PM
thinking this event is gone all wrong and they should do the right thing and give everyone a yellow duckie instead of just 1st and 2nd. i mean realllly!!

hotsaucegirl
12-07-16, 04:35 PM
This event has brought out the worst in people. The player who is in front of me (she's in first place, and I'm in second) literally cyber stalks. The minute she sees me buy a boost, she will buy a boost. I even tested my theory. She will play for as long as I do and stop when I stop. Besides being creepy, I don't see the point anymore. She is a good 60k points (no that wasn't a typo) ahead of me. At this point it's a useless competition, and because of that, ALL the fun has been taken out of the event. Definitely wont be participating in the next one, cause it seems some people just have an exorbitant amount of free time on their hands to sit and play, buy gems and make sure they stay in the lead at all costs lol.

Lilliepaddd
12-07-16, 05:02 PM
The Administration has been great. I don't see her now. I think everyone deserves a duck who hit 10,000 IT'S THE RIGHT AND HONEST THING TO DO TEAM LAVA. This is NOT cool!!!!!!!!!

mearro
12-07-16, 05:40 PM
This event has brought out the worst in people. The player who is in front of me (she's in first place, and I'm in second) literally cyber stalks. The minute she sees me buy a boost, she will buy a boost. I even tested my theory. She will play for as long as I do and stop when I stop. Besides being creepy, I don't see the point anymore. She is a good 60k points (no that wasn't a typo) ahead of me. At this point it's a useless competition, and because of that, ALL the fun has been taken out of the event. Definitely wont be participating in the next one, cause it seems some people just have an exorbitant amount of free time on their hands to sit and play, buy gems and make sure they stay in the lead at all costs lol.

This is so awful and sad. When I started playing I loved this game mostly for the community spirit where we helped each other but this competition event where only 2 top players get the winning pet set kind of shocked me, setting us up against each other.

About using boosts, why would she also use them when you use? I mean, the boost is only useful when it's the collection time otherwise it makes so sense because you're not collecting points all the time only when your farm animals are already and crafts are finished. Unless you speed them up with gems but that's a lot of gems spent...

I think it's out of control now. Everybody knows already and it's madness. I feel for those in the tight top because they also went down the truffle route in order to stay in top.

hotsaucegirl
12-07-16, 05:52 PM
This is so awful and sad. When I started playing I loved this game mostly for the community spirit where we helped each other but this competition event where only 2 top players get the winning pet set kind of shocked me, setting us up against each other.

About using boosts, why would she also use them when you use? I mean, the boost is only useful when it's the collection time otherwise it makes so sense because you're not collecting points all the time only when your farm animals are already and crafts are finished. Unless you speed them up with gems but that's a lot of gems spent...

I think it's out of control now. Everybody knows already and it's madness. I feel for those in the tight top because they also went down the truffle route in order to stay in top.

Exactly...and that's why I called it cyber stalking. The minute I bought a boost, she would buy one, and it happened several times. I mean hey, if that's her cup of tea she should enjoy it. It's become obsessive and a lot of my friends/neighbors are complaining about the same things being done to them. It's nice to be first in competition, don't get me wrong. But all I'm seeing across the board is a form of...bullying, and it's sad that such a great game has come down to this.

nec912
12-07-16, 07:28 PM
Just to 'pile on' I am in the same boat, I was in first place by a long shot and now someone has shot to first place. Kind of frustrating when I had used gems to buy boosts and maintain a good lead! Oh well :-(

Lilliepaddd
12-07-16, 07:59 PM
Just to 'pile on' I am in the same boat, I was in first place by a long shot and now someone has shot to first place. Kind of frustrating when I had used gems to buy boosts and maintain a good lead! Oh well :-(

Me too I just hope TL Helps. I sent in pics etc. It's highly frustrating.

lilhobby4ever
12-07-16, 08:48 PM
I don't see white truffles in the newspaper anymore, nor are the ones I'm selling being bought ... Has there been an embargo on the selling and buying of these? lol I'm really stuck if that's the case ... No room in barn, nothing selling! lol

Lilliepaddd
12-07-16, 09:16 PM
I don't see white truffles in the newspaper anymore, nor are the ones I'm selling being bought ... Has there been an embargo on the selling and buying of these? lol I'm really stuck if that's the case ... No room in barn, nothing selling! lol

It finally stopped but now I'm trying to catch up! I was 2000 in the lead yesterday. I'm exhausted:((((

kalosbb
12-07-16, 10:01 PM

Same here. I also still have 8 bundles in my shop and 30+ in my barn. Seem those in my shop are shaded now, cannot be sold and they stuck my shop slots.

Honestly, I did ride on the wave to sell white truffles yesterday after I found huge no. of white truffles on the newspaper and my neighbors? shops. Just curious what are they then I bought one, surprisingly it gave me the points. I think I got 300 points because of this truffles affair.

Allie0105
12-07-16, 10:03 PM
My duck crossing boost has stopped working. Is anyone else having the same problem?

eucom
12-07-16, 10:04 PM

I'm trying to buy them for an order, but they don't even show in your shop. I had 2 white truffles on an old device that I placed in my shop, but they don't show up so I can buy them on this device. So they are taking up a slot on one device, and won't let me (or anybody?) buy them????? I've shut down and restarted my devices several times.

npt727
12-07-16, 11:32 PM
I'm trying to buy them for an order, but they don't even show in your shop. I had 2 white truffles on an old device that I placed in my shop, but they don't show up so I can buy them on this device. So they are taking up a slot on one device, and won't let me (or anybody?) buy them????? I've shut down and restarted my devices several times.

Same for me. Slots aren't showing the truffles

lilhobby4ever
12-07-16, 11:41 PM
Thanks everyone for confirming the white truffle-gate. I must admit I scored 2000 or so from buying them but now have hundreds in barn, no slots free in market stall and still only 8500 points - not likely that I will get the 10000 needed for the duck. I'll learn to get over it lol! :p

HappyAsA
12-08-16, 12:28 AM
My duck crossing boost has stopped working. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Yes! I am so cranky, white truffle gate, duck crossing signs we paid gems for not working, not to mention that leaderboard pop up thing is IN THE MOST STUPID & INCONVENIENT PLACE, constantly interrupting what I want to do next while animal by animal, point by point, the stupid thing pops up & you have to wait for it to go away or get taken to leader board. Super cross about the crossing signs. NOT FAIR!

HappyAsA
12-08-16, 12:29 AM
Same for me. Slots aren't showing the truffles
Yup, same for me. So lucky those who got their ducks before they were disappeared & unlucky for those who have a shop full of them & no one can see them to buy them. Dodgy!

mearro
12-08-16, 12:56 AM
Yup, same for me. So lucky those who got their ducks before they were disappeared & unlucky for those who have a shop full of them & no one can see them to buy them. Dodgy!

I think it was deliberately done like that so those filling in truffles are slowed down now and cannot collect more points because of no barn space. An attempt to make it more fair? Like if you were at bottom and shoot to the lead, now you are stopped and others can catch up if they can.

griffithpack
12-08-16, 01:15 AM
So glad it has been resolved. The number one person in my group got over 40,000 points in one day! Just hope storm 8 makes it "right" for those who've played the way the game was meant to be played.

Lilliepaddd
12-08-16, 01:37 AM
So glad it has been resolved. The number one person in my group got over 40,000 points in one day! Just hope storm 8 makes it "right" for those who've played the way the game was meant to be played.

I totally agree, I was leading now I'm second but it's bedtime for me and the other person lives in Asia so I will definitely drop. I can't stay awake all night long!!!
They have to make it right it's only fair.

theotty
12-08-16, 02:18 AM
Same here 🤔

HappyAsA
12-08-16, 02:42 AM
I think it was deliberately done like that so those filling in truffles are slowed down now and cannot collect more points because of no barn space. An attempt to make it more fair? Like if you were at bottom and shoot to the lead, now you are stopped and others can catch up if they can.

Hmm, maybe, but I was nowhere near the top. I just wanted the duck, I don't care about the race to be first or whatever. With duck crossings not working, not sure if I will get there but will try

AllyPally215
12-08-16, 03:22 AM
Probably I am the only one not agreeing on the above posts. The point of the leaderboard is to get as many points as possible in the given time. Certain tasks give you points and others do not. Apparently buying truffles also gives points (whether this was intentional or not does not really matter). I can imagine that people who were in first place and dropped a few places were disappointed, but hey, it's not that you can't buy any white truffles in the newspaper. So the principle of who puts most effort (in terms of time) in the farm should still be at number 1 or 2. There were no rules on the way the game was meant to be played? And there were also no exclusions on what you can and cannot do (only per levels), that is different than what you want to do. In my opinion everybody should play the game and events in the way he or she likes it to play. You don't want to do a leaderboard event? Fine, save your supplies for the next one. I like this version because you are not dependent on luck, drop rates etc. You just work hard and it will pay off :)

HappyBunny09
12-08-16, 03:22 AM
Well I guess only certain people got alerted about this new event, because I never got any message or anything saying HEY NEW EVENT.. I came on here to find out information on something else about the game.. I have iOS and is level 20 thanks a lot Storm8 people..!! Doing such a great job here.. LOL

Rynetory2
12-08-16, 03:27 AM
Well I guess only certain people got alerted about this new event, because I never got any message or anything saying HEY NEW EVENT.. I came on here to find out information on something else about the game.. I have iOS and is level 20 thanks a lot Storm8 people..!! Doing such a great job here.. LOL

What is your game version? Did you update your game to version 2.6?

Alida2014
12-08-16, 04:14 AM
I bought four Duck Crossing Signs = 400 Gems.
The event is not over yet, but I do not get any more points from the Crossing Signs.
I feel *****ed...

HappyAsA
12-08-16, 04:31 AM
The event is not over yet, but I do not get any more points from the Crossing Signs.
I feel *****ed...

I'm with you on that. Same thing happened to me

tromalyt
12-08-16, 04:44 AM

It is not because you do not have more barn space, it is because you cannot buy more white truffles because they have been banned from the market, I cannot buy any more because I cannot find anybody else buying them, and nobody is buying my white truffles because nobody can see them in the market. I have a neighbour with 12 selling spots or counters (or whatever you call them, my mother tongue is not English) in his shop. the 12 are active if you look at the number besides his avatar in the neighbour list, but when I click on his name, only one counter is full, the rest, 11, appear to be empty. I am pretty sure they are filled with white truffles, but I cannot buy them because I cannot see them. I cannot find any white truffle on the newspaper either.

And same happens on my side, I am selling white truffles in 8 of my counters, but nobody is buying them, because nobody can see them. They made them invisible.

And if you think it was a bug that they fixed, you are wrong, it is not fixed and, for me, it was not a bug in first place. That was the only way for me to get the duck. I cannot get over 1000 points a day to get the duck. Heck, by buying white truffles and with 2 rainbow cauldrons I have not been able to get 5000 points. How I am supposed to get 10000 points?.

Now it is not working and I will not be able to get the duck. And what is worse, the balloon does not work either. Mr. Merryweather is asking me for white truffles all the time, and I am not selling them at 65 coins a piece when I have bought them at 143 coins a piece. Also, I had to discard 20 truffles from two of my counters to be able to sell other things, since nobody seems to be able to see my truffles. I lost 2870 coins in the process.

On the plus side, it confirms one of the suspicions I had from long time ago. There is always something in the train that cannot be found in the newspapers. So if you want to fill up the train, you will have to cook or build those items by yourself as they will not appear in the newspaper. The newspaper is not random, it blocks some items you need to complete the train. This "fix" confirms my suspicion.

jump00
12-08-16, 04:53 AM
Probably I am the only one not agreeing on the above posts. The point of the leaderboard is to get as many points as possible in the given time. Certain tasks give you points and others do not. Apparently buying truffles also gives points (whether this was intentional or not does not really matter). I can imagine that people who were in first place and dropped a few places were disappointed, but hey, it's not that you can't buy any white truffles in the newspaper. So the principle of who puts most effort (in terms of time) in the farm should still be at number 1 or 2. There were no rules on the way the game was meant to be played? And there were also no exclusions on what you can and cannot do (only per levels), that is different than what you want to do. In my opinion everybody should play the game and events in the way he or she likes it to play. You don't want to do a leaderboard event? Fine, save your supplies for the next one. I like this version because you are not dependent on luck, drop rates etc. You just work hard and it will pay off :)

I pretty much agree with this post other than to say that it seems money always trumps hard work. I believe the duck crossing signs should still continue to work. They cost people gems and were supposed to do one thing. They should still be doing it. I think the white truffle thing spiraled out of control and it seemed they were multiplying like crazy. I think the freeze was just a stop-gap measure to address this issue. That also had unintended consequences like leaving people's barns and shops full and not allowing people to purchase them to fill orders which is very frustrating. The good news is it looks like stormy will eventually buy them out of our shops as I had two sets of black truffles that had been in my shop a few days get caught up in this mess and then they were purchased this morning even though no one could see them.

mearro
12-08-16, 05:12 AM
It is not because you do not have more barn space, it is because you cannot buy more white truffles because they have been banned from the market, I cannot buy any more because I cannot find anybody else buying them, and nobody is buying my white truffles because nobody can see them in the market. I have a neighbour with 12 selling spots or counters (or whatever you call them, my mother tongue is not English) in his shop. the 12 are active if you look at the number besides his avatar in the neighbour list, but when I click on his name, only one counter is full, the rest, 11, appear to be empty. I am pretty sure they are filled with white truffles, but I cannot buy them because I cannot see them. I cannot find any white truffle on the newspaper either.

Yeah, I know how it works, most of my top neighbours' shops are like that. I know it's not fixed, it's just made invisible now, at least they did sth.

Still what I said is true. Many players greedily bought these white truffles to the limits of their barn space hoping they can be quickly sold out. Now they are stuck with hundreds of unwanted truffles and what's worst for them is that they cannot get any more points even from farm animals because they have no barn space, several of my neighbours complained to me about that and they, like you, are missing out on the duck and are also loosing their position. You can discard them but, like you said, you will loose coins. I was very suspicious about that so I only played shortly the truffle race enough to secure a solid position I wanted. And even if I could, I don't want to sit all days and nights playing the game, I liked waiting for items to craft and animals to collect from, I needed those breaks to focus on real life. But with the truffle reveal now we know how others scored 10k+ points so quickly, they found out way earlier about that.

On the plus side, it confirms one of the suspicions I had from long time ago. There is always something in the train that cannot be found in the newspapers. So if you want to fill up the train, you will have to cook or build those items by yourself as they will not appear in the newspaper. The newspaper is not random, it blocks some items you need to complete the train. This "fix" confirms my suspicion.

I don't have that with a train, I actually do find items in the newspaper when I need. But the moment my farmer market truck is on then it's like you said here, items never appear in the newspaper and it's done on purpose I agree.

gerrywerry
12-08-16, 05:43 AM
I'm another one where my duck crossing sign isn't working! Checked it just now and it said 7 mins to go and now no timer is showing but I cannot collect from it. This is really not good on the last day of the event when every point counts!

caron7
12-08-16, 05:55 AM
This entire event has been confusing. I sent my train and got 96 points once, but none on other times. Now I am truffle hunting for points but my black truffles won't sell. They are in my shop but neighbor says she cannot see them. So black truffles are banned too?

I too had someone overtake me quickly after leading for some time, but still have a chance at holding second if I can figure out what does and does not give points.

Please Storm8, let us have a cooperative event, not a competitive event. I would much rather work WITH my group towards a goal, not against others. If we were all working together to win the duck, we would be happier and what a great game spirit it could create.

gerrywerry
12-08-16, 06:11 AM
Please Storm8, let us have a cooperative event, not a competitive event. I would much rather work WITH my group towards a goal, not against others. If we were all working together to win the duck, we would be happier and what a great game spirit it could create.

I agree with this. This event, at times, has been quite stressful and time consuming! Why not try a cooperative event if you are looking for different types of events?

jump00
12-08-16, 06:11 AM
Wow, it's interesting the different perspectives people have. When I saw the white truffle thing happening yesterday, I didn't think hey these people are greedy or *****ers. I thought oh wow, they figured out a way to help each other like we do in so many other events. You buy the truffles and get points then you sell them so someone else can get points. In order for it to work as a community helper, people have to do more than buy, they have to sell them too. It looked like it was working great initially and then a flood came. It got quite difficult to find other stuff in the market If that wouldn't have happened, I guess I don't see the harm in that style of play. It was even more "fair" than putting some people in a group with others who were 15+ levels above them because any one who had unlocked the truffle forest could have been part of it. If I'm supposed to look at that style of play as *****ing or being greedy, then I guess I would have to take issue with the buy/ sell thread here and really just all the information that is shared here in general. That's got to provide some sort of advantage, don't you think? Instead I will choose to continue to think it's great that we try to work as a community and help each other. Even though this leaderboard event with only the top two in each group getting the prize wasn't really intended to foster that type of community support, it's nice to see people helping each other try to get the mallard. Silver linings and all that :)

mearro
12-08-16, 06:14 AM

This. I thought this event would be us competing as a GROUP against other groups. Although I get that some players may play less and some may contribute more but I wanted sth to work together to win.

sheepishjaina
12-08-16, 06:31 AM
Add me to the list of people who's duck sign isn't working.

jump00
12-08-16, 06:32 AM
Ack, if we do ever have that type of event, I hope we can opt out. I don't like competing in this type of game and I would not want the added pressure of being a poor contributor to my group. I'm always amazed at the different, creative ideas people have. That's what I initially thought of this event. It was a new concept to me and I wasn't fond of the group competition idea but I was curious to see how it would go. I can certainly say it has been interesting.

mearro
12-08-16, 07:00 AM
I was thinking they could add a permanent new feature of group competitions where you can join or not, sth like a button to join in. Then you get allocated a random group (but similar player levels so all have access to craft certain items etc) and work together to win against other groups. This could last a week and every week you can join again so everyone has a chance as a team to win. And every week is a different prize you can win.

jump00
12-08-16, 07:35 AM
Mearro- that sounds interesting!

I also have been meaning to mention that I get points every time I collect from my beehive. I don't recall seeing that listed as part of this event but it seems to be.

maryamhjm
12-08-16, 07:49 AM
Still not fair as others already completed the event and received the duck this way so it should continue in this manner as to be fair to everyone. Believe me I have been playing almost all day( at least every waking hour) and although I am number 1 I am still at 7100 points, I only bought white mushroom frequently yesterday as I wasn't aware it gives double points even when buying. That is the same with any other leatherboards in the other games as well( dragon story). It is to much focussed on luck( spin for example) you never know what you receive when winning the trunk. It should be a fixed item or items otherwise I feel the game is being manipulated, like now with making the mushrooms invisible to others.
Yes it was for sale everyware but let it be that is the fairest way now as may players already achieved the grand price this way and to be honest we need all the help we can get.

safepe0ple
12-08-16, 07:50 AM
I have 2 farms, I have put many hours into both. We are down to about 5 hours and I am going to be about 800 points from the mallard in the end. Not a good feeling. I really like the mallard & I won't be getting it!!! Not happy

eucom
12-08-16, 09:11 AM
Still not fair as others already completed the event and received the duck this way so it should continue in this manner as to be fair to everyone. Believe me I have been playing almost all day( at least every waking hour) and although I am number 1 I am still at 7100 points, I only bought white mushroom frequently yesterday as I wasn't aware it gives double points even when buying. That is the same with any other leatherboards in the other games as well( dragon story). It is to much focussed on luck( spin for example) you never know what you receive when winning the trunk. It should be a fixed item or items otherwise I feel the game is being manipulated, like now with making the mushrooms invisible to others.
Yes it was for sale everyware but let it be that is the fairest way now as may players already achieved the grand price this way and to be honest we need all the help we can get.

I agree....Unless storm8 can take away the points and prizes achieved by purchasing the truffles, they should have left it alone. With all of these events there has always been ways around some of the requirements. This one was no different, except only those with a certain level could participate. This was not fair. However someone just purchased the truffles I was trying to sell myself for a truck delivery on another device last might. It couldn't/shouldn't have been one of stormie's helpers because they wait 24 hours. I still can't see to purchase from others, and they say the slots are still full truffles. And they have been there longer then mine.

tromalyt
12-08-16, 09:22 AM
It has been a real mess. And even by buying white truffles a bunch of times yesterday I only have 4075 points. I stopped trying to get more points already. My next gift is at 5500 points and the counter says less than 4 hours to finish. No way I can get my 5500 points prize.

I wonder if it was possible to reach 10000 points without spending gems and taking advantage of the truffle market. Apparently some people bought the cross road sign that gives points every 3 hours and they couldn?t reach 9000 points. And now the cross road sign does not work. Jeeze.

That is why I thought the truffle thingy was legit and intentional, it cannot be done other way.

lilhobby4ever
12-08-16, 09:49 AM
Wow, it's interesting the different perspectives people have. When I saw the white truffle thing happening yesterday, I didn't think hey these people are greedy or *****ers. I thought oh wow, they figured out a way to help each other like we do in so many other events. You buy the truffles and get points then you sell them so someone else can get points. In order for it to work as a community helper, people have to do more than buy, they have to sell them too. It looked like it was working great initially and then a flood came. It got quite difficult to find other stuff in the market If that wouldn't have happened, I guess I don't see the harm in that style of play. It was even more "fair" than putting some people in a group with others who were 15+ levels above them because any one who had unlocked the truffle forest could have been part of it. If I'm supposed to look at that style of play as *****ing or being greedy, then I guess I would have to take issue with the buy/ sell thread here and really just all the information that is shared here in general. That's got to provide some sort of advantage, don't you think? Instead I will choose to continue to think it's great that we try to work as a community and help each other. Even though this leaderboard event with only the top two in each group getting the prize wasn't really intended to foster that type of community support, it's nice to see people helping each other try to get the mallard. Silver linings and all that :)

I agree jump00. I was involved with the white truffles too, not because I'm greedy, but because I just wanted to get to 10000 and to help others get there too. My buying helps others get $ and clear barn space and my buying helps me with points. I'm now at 9318 points and no way able to get to 10000. I'm not even close to being top three in my group (nos 1 and 2 have over 20k in points). I was buying truffles only to get the duck, not to beat out others on the leaderboard.

eneke
12-08-16, 09:54 AM
No disrespect to anyone with a different opinion than mine but all this drama over a free game. Those who are saying this was competitive, I actually made 3 new neighbors and we helped each other out during "trufflegate." There is no way I could have gotten the mallard without the truffles. 10K points, or that least that was my goal, for a 7 day event was nearly impossible for me. I am currently in 4th place and that is fine with me. I actually need the 10k coins to help prepare for the holiday event coming up.

In the beginning did I think it was fair that I was competing against people at a levels 65 thru 92 when I was a 52? no but I took it in stride. I remembered this is just a game, not real life.

I cannot spend real money on a game as I have bills I have to pay and a family to take care of. So thank you for S8 for allowing me to buy and sell truffles, if even for a short time, to get my mallard.

lilhobby4ever
12-08-16, 09:58 AM
Ummm I'm super confused ... Someone in my group has just got 20000 points in the last 30 mins. How is that even possible??? I wish I had the screen shots to prove it ... They were approx 16000 points 30 mins ago and now approx 36000. Can't see the boost icon either next to their name.

tromalyt
12-08-16, 10:07 AM
Ummm I'm super confused ... Someone in my group has just got 20000 points in the last 30 mins. How is that even possible??? I wish I had the screen shots to prove it ... They were approx 16000 points 30 mins ago and now approx 36000. Can't see the boost icon either next to their name.

Can you visit the farm and see how it looks like?

mearro
12-08-16, 10:41 AM
If you can get all farm animals, max number, then coordinate timing for their collection plus beehive, set up all deliveries to be ready to send and non-stop baking. Multiply that with 1.5/2 boost and you can get 600-1000 points in just several minutes. However, from my quick look, many farms have maybe 4 of each animal only and I'm quite amazed from where do they get so many points so fast. Higher levels needs ten thousands of points to get the mallard and stay on top whereas my neighbour is lower level 17 and is first with just barely 1000 points, 2nd place person is about half that. He won't get the mallard but will get the duck set.

Rynetory2
12-08-16, 10:45 AM
Btw, how big are the groups? I'm competing against 20 players while my friend only 10.

Maximum group size is 20. The game tries to group similar players together, and sometimes it cannot find the best match. Since this is the first leaderboard event for Farm 2, the next one should find better matches. :)

tromalyt
12-08-16, 10:57 AM
No disrespect to anyone with a different opinion than mine but all this drama over a free game. Those who are saying this was competitive, I actually made 3 new neighbors and we helped each other out during "trufflegate." There is no way I could have gotten the mallard without the truffles. 10K points, or that least that was my goal, for a 7 day event was nearly impossible for me. I am currently in 4th place and that is fine with me. I actually need the 10k coins to help prepare for the holiday event coming up.

In the beginning did I think it was fair that I was competing against people at a levels 65 thru 92 when I was a 52? no but I took it in stride. I remembered this is just a game, not real life.

I cannot spend real money on a game as I have bills I have to pay and a family to take care of. So thank you for S8 for allowing me to buy and sell truffles, if even for a short time, to get my mallard.

I disagree.

I spent some money on Storm8 games, mostly to support the game. I think I have the right to come here and speak up if I see something I do not like.

aroara
12-08-16, 11:13 AM
My duck crossing sign has stopped working ????? im also very disappointed in how this all went down. I won't make it to the 10k points I need and I've bought the duck crossing boost plus 4 2x boosts so I wasted my gems!!!

kooky panda
12-08-16, 11:38 AM
My duck crossing sign has stopped working ????? im also very disappointed in how this all went down. I won't make it to the 10k points I need and I've bought the duck crossing boost plus 4 2x boosts so I wasted my gems!!!
This has been reported over.

safepe0ple
12-08-16, 12:03 PM
The next one? I'm certainly not looking forward to it. I've worked hard to get the mallard, an it not gonna happen!!

Rynetory2
12-08-16, 12:04 PM

I feel *****ed...

I'm another one where my duck crossing sign isn't working! Checked it just now and it said 7 mins to go and now no timer is showing but I cannot collect from it. This is really not good on the last day of the event when every point counts!

Add me to the list of people who's duck sign isn't working.

The Community Manager has tested and was able to receive Leaderboard points. All of you have Points ready for collection, can you collect and let us know if it works for you?

Rynetory2
12-08-16, 12:05 PM

Is yours ready for collection? Can you try to collect?

FunkyJM
12-08-16, 12:12 PM
My crossing ain't working either for hours. It's not only those who posted but a lot of farmers having this issue today :confused:

Rynetory2
12-08-16, 12:13 PM
My crossing ain't working either for hours. It's not only those who posted but a lot of farmers having this issue today :confused:

Is yours working now?

stm4522
12-08-16, 12:13 PM
I can't collect from Duck Sign either. When I tap on it, it doesn't even show a time remaining. I have 2 signs and neither one is working.

Rynetory2
12-08-16, 12:15 PM
I can't collect from Duck Sign either. When I tap on it, it doesn't even show a time remaining. I have 2 signs and neither one is working.

I'll let them know. Sorry...

FunkyJM
12-08-16, 12:18 PM
Is yours working now?

Nope, nothing. Not even a timer showing anymore for hours. I even rebooted several times. Even now. Nothing.

Rynetory2
12-08-16, 12:19 PM
Nope, nothing. Not even a timer showing anymore for hours. I even rebooted several times. Even now. Nothing.

Added you too.

stm4522
12-08-16, 12:22 PM
I'll let them know. Sorry...

We have very little time now. No way to get Mallard now. What a disappointment!

Rynetory2
12-08-16, 12:36 PM

We have very little time now. No way to get Mallard now. What a disappointment!

The Community Manager checked that it's ready for you both. Would you mind reinstalling your game and see if you can collect?

FunkyJM
12-08-16, 12:43 PM
I just reinstalled the game. Crossing still not working.

Rynetory2
12-08-16, 12:45 PM
I just reinstalled the game. Crossing still not working.

Sorry to hear that, sweetie. I'll let them know. :(

Alida2014
12-08-16, 12:51 PM
The Community Manager has tested and was able to receive Leaderboard points. All of you have Points ready for collection, can you collect and let us know if it works for you?
Nope :mad:

stm4522
12-08-16, 12:54 PM
deleted and re-installed. Still not working. Thanks for your help Rynetory2 but I give! Can't do it now.

kdm99
12-08-16, 01:10 PM
Why is it saying CHECK BACK SOON FOR FINAL RANKINGS when the event has finished. It's obvious what the rankings are

jump00
12-08-16, 01:22 PM
Maybe they can do some adjusting for all the duck crossing sign issues?

gerrywerry
12-08-16, 01:33 PM

Didn't work for me!

stm4522
12-08-16, 01:40 PM
Didn't work for me!

Me either. Community manager must be better with my farm than I am.

kalosbb
12-08-16, 01:48 PM
Maybe they can do some adjusting for all the duck crossing sign issues?

Agree. The duck crossing sign costed 100 gems, if it did not worked, the current ranking and leaderboard points are not reflecting the actual LB points for those players whom bought the sign.
Maybe they are doing the re-calculation of the LB points. Hope they will let us know how long would it take.

BTW, I didn't bought the sign, so my LB points will have no change(increment) if there is adjustment done.

OldTimer63
12-08-16, 02:14 PM
Just checked my farm and prizes have been awarded. I finished 4th in my group which was my goal, could care less about the duck, I wanted the expansion papers and the $.

dizzle507
12-08-16, 06:36 PM
I came in 3rd. So I get a giant rubber duck....a second one, since that was one of the milestones. Why would they have a prize giant duck, if u already get one. :/

beejayranch
12-13-16, 04:02 AM
Not mad at all. Just stating the obvious. That storm8 has been making the events more impossible to complete and they are money hungry. To complete challenges in the past you had to use very little gems or none at all. Now with the Non stop events going with no break in between, they just want to see how much money they can squeeze from us.....which they won't be getting from me.

This surprised me, (and some other posts but mostly this one) because it's just a game. I barely participate in events or even the delivery trucks because I don't use boosters or gems and they are hard. But even I thought this event was fun and easy. I loved that more than half the prizes were actually useful. Maybe I just got lucky and ended up with a lazy group but at the very least in these events I appreciate the free stuff from spinning the wheel. Don't know what I'm going to do with a giant rubber ducky or a duck pond with no ducks, but hey I got some cool stuff too. Don't take a game so seriously, it loses its fun ;)

ethan1brothers
12-13-16, 02:59 PM
so there bringing this in like they do for fantasy and dragon story ......... is this ios only ?

Rynetory2
12-13-16, 08:26 PM
so there bringing this in like they do for fantasy and dragon story ......... is this ios only ?

This is the first Leaderboard Event and was for iOS only (mentioned in Post 1). Not sure if future leaderboard events will include Android members and Storm8 can't release that information ahead of time. I hope they do include everyone. :)