PDA

View Full Version : Past, Present & Future Nov. 29th 2016

amerirish
11-29-16, 12:04 PM
Edit(KP) They will be leaving on December 12!

Back for a limited time; for purchase or for breeding :)

Past Dragon
34742 34743

Rarity: Rare
Type: White Yellow
Habitat: White Meadow, Yellow Plateau
Available at: Level 17
Buying Price: On Sale for 250 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Breeding & Incubation: 15 hours
Exp Gained: 975 Exp

Present Dragon
34744 34745

Rarity: Rare
Type: Yellow Green
Habitat: Yellow Plateau, Green Grove
Available at: Level 4
Buying Price: On Sale for 200 Gold
Exp Gained: 75 Exp

amerirish
11-29-16, 12:06 PM
Future Dragon
34772 34773

Rarity: Super Rare
Type: White Yellow
Habitat: White Meadow, Yellow Plateau
Available at: Level 17
Buying Price: On Sale for 1,100 Gold
Exp Gained: 975 Exp

amerirish
11-29-16, 12:07 PM
Could a Mod please remove the attachment picture of Future egg from Post #1? Thanks :)

Done :) (KP)

glenngenius
11-29-16, 07:15 PM
Is there any required dragons to breed Past or is it just plain yellow and white? Thanks! :)

roguebee
11-29-16, 09:14 PM
Is there any required dragons to breed Past or is it just plain yellow and white? Thanks! :)

Past is any white and yellow dragons. Present is any yellow and green dragons. And based on last year, Future only from breeding Past and Present dragons.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87434-Holiday-Trio-Dec-15-2015-Part-III-Future-Dragon

9krm
11-29-16, 09:22 PM
Bring on the sunrise fails! :rolleyes:

zaaracake
11-30-16, 02:54 AM
Oh, how lovely! I'm gonna try. Very D ickensian. How did I not notice these before? I'll update my attempts here...
1st try: chronicler+griffin (xcuz I was trying to be cleverrrrrr) =24 hours....@9krm, you bet!

Florr06
11-30-16, 04:46 AM
Fails:
Fruitful
Sunrise

I really want these, wonder how long they're staying. I'd like Snowman as well. :)

Jackiesq
11-30-16, 10:10 AM
Note to myself :
No Jackie, don't try again!

I still remember the Sunrise fails from last year, can't see any since... So Past stays alone!

cocoland911
11-30-16, 10:16 AM
Hi everyone. I was lucky enough to breed Past with Chronicler and Light and Present with Ranger and Adventure. I wanted to share what worked for me. If you don't already have these two, I wish you all the best of luck.

DragonHeartKai
11-30-16, 10:17 AM
Not trying for these as I've got the trio last year but the 24 hours fails we're bad tho, Good luck to all

cocoland911
11-30-16, 10:31 AM
Not trying for these as I've got the trio last year but the 24 hours fails we're bad tho, Good luck to all

Congratulations to you for breeding the trio last year. It's something to be proud of.

amerirish
11-30-16, 01:45 PM
Could a Mod please remove the attachment picture of Future egg from Post #1? Thanks :)

Done :) (KP)

Thanks KP :D

amerirish
11-30-16, 01:51 PM
I saw a pop up today (briefly) that hinted that breeding Past with Present could lead to Future. Tried it and got a 10 hour fail, but still better than the 2 Sunrise I've gotten.

zaaracake
11-30-16, 09:36 PM
@cocoland, oh wow, congrats...I don't think I have adventure but I sure will try similar combos now. It's heartening that you got these so quickly!

zaaracake
12-01-16, 05:55 AM
24 hours later...my nest is free...
2nd try (for present dragon): celtic + ancient = 8 hours. Not 15. Hmmm.

Oh, how lovely! I'm gonna try. Very D ickensian. How did I not notice these before? I'll update my attempts here...
1st try: chronicler+griffin (xcuz I was trying to be cleverrrrrr) =24 hours....@9krm, you bet!

zaaracake
12-01-16, 05:57 AM
Is anyone else trying for these? Does anyone know how long we have?

amerirish
12-01-16, 06:24 AM
UPDATE: YOU CAN ONLY GET FUTURE BY BREEDING PAST & PRESENT!!! Other combos will not work!

Exeroth
12-01-16, 07:36 AM
Does anyone know when these will be going away? I want to try for them by I renwewed my Diamond Temple and don't want to waste the time that's left on it :/

zaaracake
12-01-16, 08:53 AM
@Exeroth, I'm sure they'll have them for the whole of December at least so you can safely try for dia hybrids until your temple timer runs out...
All the best! Hope you get Quasar. I don't even have Cosmic yet so I'm taking it easy and going for these!

starship412
12-01-16, 09:22 AM
All I needed was a crappy Sunrise fail. I got that and I'm not even trying for Past anymore. Also, why not lower the breeding time for Sunrise? 24 hours is ridiculous for a common dragon. I have a suggestion Storm8 - lower ALL common dragon breeding times to 10 hours or less - no one likes to wait 17 hours for a Luck dragon, 24 hours for a Sunrise, 21 hours for a Poison, 20 for Island & Magic, and 16 hours for Charm and Apollo. Add on the nest times and we have 34 wasted hours for Luck, 48 for Sunrise, 42 for Poison, 40 for Island & Magic and 32 for Charm and Apollo.

cocoland911
12-01-16, 10:41 AM

Thank you very much. I just wanted to share that after about six fails (2 Sunrise, 1 Caesar, 3 Fruitful's) I did get Future. Both Past and Present are at level 6. Good luck to everyone that are still trying for this trio.

islanddoll1
12-01-16, 11:44 AM
Sunrise fail... That's too long a breeding time for a common dragon.

Update... Fail #2- Yet another sunrise lol..

Update... Fail #4- two more sunrise dragons, one on the nest and one in the breeding den. If we had to breed sunrise in tales I wouldn't be able to do it not for the life of me! Lol... This is too hilarious to be mad at.

Eluzyion
12-01-16, 12:03 PM
I got past and present but they just do not want to see into the future! :/ still trying for future. Good luck everyone!

cocoland911
12-01-16, 07:35 PM
I got past and present but they just do not want to see into the future! :/ still trying for future. Good luck everyone!

Hang in there. You will get it.

roguebee
12-01-16, 08:16 PM
I had Past and Present from last year, but no Future. This year, so far, my luck has run...

Fruitful
Fruitful
Fairytale

Eluzyion
12-01-16, 09:33 PM
Hang in there. You will get it.

Thank you so much! Alas the dragon gods have shined favorably upon me and Future is in evolution:)

zaaracake
12-02-16, 06:41 AM
Third try (trying to keep it simple now) light + air = 24 hours. Anybody laughing at this? I sure am!

zaaracake
12-02-16, 06:43 AM
@cocoland911...how many tries did it take you to get both Past and Present? What level are you at, if you don't mind my asking? Does it make a difference (sorry if this is such a stupid question that the veterans are cringing)...

Natasha_07
12-02-16, 06:44 AM
Trying for present, not liking this. :(

Good luck everyone!

roguebee
12-02-16, 07:42 AM
Add a Fuzzy fail to the list.

I had Past and Present from last year, but no Future. This year, so far, my luck has run...

Fruitful
Fruitful
Fairytale

zaaracake
12-02-16, 08:20 AM
Considering the sparseness of this thread, I was wondering if I was the only one trying for these this year. Lonely :-( So it's good to know I have company to cheer me on. All the best, Starship, Roguebee and Natasha_07. Pls share your combos so we'll know what(not) to try...if you don't mind.
See you guys in...well, 24 hours.

All I needed was a crappy Sunrise fail. I got that and I'm not even trying for Past anymore. Also, why not lower the breeding time for Sunrise? 24 hours is ridiculous for a common dragon. I have a suggestion Storm8 - lower ALL common dragon breeding times to 10 hours or less - no one likes to wait 17 hours for a Luck dragon, 24 hours for a Sunrise, 21 hours for a Poison, 20 for Island & Magic, and 16 hours for Charm and Apollo. Add on the nest times and we have 34 wasted hours for Luck, 48 for Sunrise, 42 for Poison, 40 for Island & Magic and 32 for Charm and Apollo.

Trying for present, not liking this. :(

Good luck everyone!

Add a Fuzzy fail to the list.

Fruitful
Fruitful
Fairytale

amerirish
12-02-16, 09:29 AM
I've been trying for Future as well but no luck. I was excited to see a 15 hour timer yesterday but it was another Present Dragon :( Since you can only breed this one with Present & Past, our chances are drastically lower. Oh well, win some/lose some.

cocoland911
12-02-16, 11:52 AM
Thank you so much! Alas the dragon gods have shined favorably upon me and Future is in evolution:)

Yea! congratulations Eluzyion! Glad you got it! Good luck to you on your upcoming breeding!

starship412
12-02-16, 12:52 PM
Considering the sparseness of this thread, I was wondering if I was the only one trying for these this year. Lonely :-( So it's good to know I have company to cheer me on. All the best, Starship, Roguebee and Natasha_07. Pls share your combos so we'll know what(not) to try...if you don't mind.
See you guys in...well, 24 hours.

I used Chronicler/Diamond, Chronicler/Infinity and Harvest/Adventure (trying for Present with that combo) and all 3 combos gave me Sunrise fails. I think breeding just may be adjusted during Fundraiser ("Leaderboard") events to spit out more common dragons than usual - it may be just me though.

cazile81
12-02-16, 02:33 PM
I'm still trying for this as well so I can complete my Trio. So far my fails were a few Fruitful's, Sunbeam, Lochness, and Sunrise. I almost forgot, I got another Past and boy did I get excited when I saw that 15hr timer pop up until I remembered the 3 outcomes. Hopefully all of us are able to complete the Trio this year.

ievuxia
12-02-16, 05:19 PM
Gold + Sunbeam = 15 hours. Past dragon I guess? If so, woohoo!

cocoland911
12-02-16, 08:20 PM
@cocoland911...how many tries did it take you to get both Past and Present? What level are you at, if you don't mind my asking? Does it make a difference (sorry if this is such a stupid question that the veterans are cringing)...

Hi Zaaracake, I am at lvl 183. I only had a couple fruitful fails while trying for Past and Present. I had 6 fails trying for Future (2 Sunrise,
1 Caesar, 3 Fruitful's). Past and Present were both lvl 6. Personally I don't feel like it makes a difference what lvl your island is or the lvl the dragons you are breeding. No question is ever a dump. I still ask questions and learn something new every day. Good luck to you.

EmmaLedger95
12-03-16, 07:33 AM
I don't think my Island wants a Future, after Sunrise fails for the other two-among others-I thought finally getting those would make Future a sure thing. Silly me. I do hope they stay all month because I'm definitely going to need that time.

zaaracake
12-03-16, 07:56 AM
1st try: chronicler+griffin (xcuz I was trying to be cleverrrrrr) =24 hours...
3rd try (trying to keep it simple now) : light + air = 24 hours. Anybody laughing at this? I sure am!
4th try: ancient + chronicler (because this sure seemed to me like a lovely parent combo for a past dragon) = 8 hours....

zaaracake
12-03-16, 07:57 AM
@EmmaLedger95 all the best...
To quote Rumi (very badly):
Fear not, this isn't a caravan of despair...

@Starship412...oh? I sure hope not.

cazile81
12-03-16, 08:20 AM
I'm still trying for this as well so I can complete my Trio. So far my fails were a few Fruitful's, Sunbeam, Lochness, and Sunrise. I almost forgot, I got another Past and boy did I get excited when I saw that 15hr timer pop up until I remembered the 3 outcomes. Hopefully all of us are able to complete the Trio this year.

Just put Fairytale on the nest and I just got another 15 hr timer...TBA

It was Present dragon.

roguebee
12-03-16, 08:58 PM
A little excitement now, a 15 hour timer...

Fruitful
Fruitful
Fairytale
Fuzzy
Fruitful
Fruitful
Lorekeeper
Fuzzy

zaaracake
12-03-16, 09:15 PM
5th try (for present dragon): celtic + fruitful (both at L10) = 18 hours...at least it's slightly better than a 24 hour fail.
Congrats Cazile81.
I'm getting disheartened now.

3rd try (trying to keep it simple now) : light + air = 24 hours. Anybody laughing at this? I sure am!
4th try: ancient + chronicler (because this sure seemed to me like a lovely parent combo for a past dragon) = 8 hours....

chewingthecud
12-03-16, 10:07 PM
I managed to get past and present last year but missed out on future. I have been trying for future again but have given up - I just bought it as it was one I really wanted. ;)

zaaracake
12-04-16, 12:04 AM
Fingers crossed, roguebee

Fruitful
Fruitful
Fairytale
Fuzzy
Fruitful
Fruitful
Lorekeeper
Fuzzy

cocoland911
12-04-16, 08:52 AM
Fingers crossed, roguebee

Good luck Zaaracake, I know you will get Future!

roguebee
12-04-16, 05:32 PM

Fruitful
Fruitful
Fairytale
Fuzzy
Fruitful
Fruitful
Lorekeeper
Fuzzy

The excitement was all for naught, I bred a Past egg... Tried again and got 10 hours.

zaaracake
12-04-16, 10:05 PM
6th try (for present): dawn tree + four-leaf = 10 hours.
:-/
Tks Coco. I don't have either of the parents so if I manage that I'll be over the moon!

5th try (for present dragon): celtic + fruitful (both at L10) = 18 hours...at least it's slightly better than a 24 hour fail...

Good luck Zaaracake, I know you will get Future!

zaaracake
12-04-16, 10:06 PM
The excitement was all for naught, I bred a Past egg... Tried again and got 10 hours.

Too bad! Next time's the charm...

Natasha_07
12-05-16, 09:33 AM
The army of fruitfuls is unbelievable trying for present. :(

I'm keeping it simple with dawntree & air / forest & air.

roguebee
12-05-16, 09:44 AM
3 more fails trying for Future.

zaaracake
12-05-16, 10:44 AM
7th try (for present): Christmas tree + lover's tree = 10 hours.
@Natasha07, you bet! But at least it's better than 24 hours. I'm afraid to even try for Past now. Best of luck! As you can see, I'm trying absolutely anything and am at my wits' end...
@Roguebee, since you already have past and present...here's an idea...try changing the position of your nest, giving it a few hours break and try a boosted breed (if that's ok with you)...may get lucky! I really hope you get it and complete your set. They're beautiful dragons!

5th try (for present dragon): celtic + fruitful (both at L10) = 18 hours...at least it's slightly better than a 24 hour fail...

Bastiaan0
12-05-16, 12:06 PM
Last year I bred Present, now I have Past on the nest. Wondering if there's enough time left to try to breed Future...

amerirish
12-05-16, 12:36 PM
So far I've gotten one Past and one Present fail each* :( I currently have a 15 hour egg breeding so really keeping my fingers crossed for Future. It stinks that we can only use Past & Present to try for this one. Wish we had more options to try.

ETA: * Not to mention the eleventy billion other fails :(

StoryPlayer67
12-05-16, 03:36 PM
I have both past and preasant dragon but I'm not breeding the future one. Why ?

StoryPlayer67
12-05-16, 03:39 PM
I have both past and future but I'm not getting the future one. Is there a certain level they have to be they are both level 10?

zaaracake
12-05-16, 09:37 PM
8th try (@Natasha07, I took your advice) forest+air (both epic) = 15 hours *HAPPY DANCE*
How'd you go? Get past the 'fruitful'ness of your breeding den?

zaaracake
12-05-16, 09:38 PM
@Bastiaan0 I'm sure these will be around till Xmas at least...so you have a coupla weeks! Ample...

Last year I bred Present, now I have Past on the nest. Wondering if there's enough time left to try to breed Future...

zaaracake
12-05-16, 09:39 PM
I have both past and future but I'm not getting the future one. Is there a certain level they have to be they are both level 10?

I don't think so. As you'll see from the helpful post earlier in this thread, Coco got a *win* with level 6 dragons. So keep trying. All the best!

zaaracake
12-05-16, 09:43 PM
Best of luck!

So far I've gotten one Past and one Present fail each* :( I currently have a 15 hour egg breeding so really keeping my fingers crossed for Future. It stinks that we can only use Past & Present to try for this one. Wish we had more options to try.

ETA: * Not to mention the eleventy billion other fails :(

leo2010leo
12-06-16, 06:00 AM
Got Present on the very first try, from Forest + Air, while actually wanting to breed Fruitfull. :) Somebody wants a good tip for breeding Past? Just try to breed a white-yellow Common, and you'll get Past instead! :)

Natasha_07
12-06-16, 07:47 AM
8th try (@Natasha07, I took your advice) forest+air (both epic) = 15 hours *HAPPY DANCE*
How'd you go? Get past the 'fruitful'ness of your breeding den?

Hey Zaara! I got a few druids as well, I just got another 10 hour timer. Think I'm gonna give up on these dragons.

amerirish
12-06-16, 07:52 AM
My last attempt (as it turns out) was last night when I got a 24 hour Sunrise fail :( :( Oh well, maybe Future will be back around again in the, um, Future :)

EmmaLedger95
12-06-16, 08:06 AM
My last attempt (as it turns out) was last night when I got a 24 hour Sunrise fail :( :( Oh well, maybe Future will be back around again in the, um, Future :)

Are the PP and F dragons leaving already, I thought they were staying until Christmas? How are we supposed to breed all three is such a short period...I'm still trying to get Future:(

amerirish
12-06-16, 08:31 AM
Are the PP and F dragons leaving already, I thought they were staying until Christmas? How are we supposed to breed all three is such a short period...I'm still trying to get Future:(

Yeah, they're leaving today with the Tuesday update :( They should be available all month but you know how S8 is :mad:

zaaracake
12-06-16, 10:36 AM
@amerirish...nooooooooo! You don't say?
Sure hope you're wrong, for your sake too.
I was so positive they'd stay all month...I've been telling ppl that on the threads, I can be SUCH.AN.IDIOT!
Sorry ppl.
But..they're XMAS dragons, right? So what's with the logic of yanking them out pre-Xmas?
And too bad about breeding Future...those Sunrise fails s!uck big time!

@Natasha...we still have an hour or so, right? You can try once more, if your den is free.
Don't give up hope yet!I have a 15 hour timer on my breeding den that's almost ready to place on nest so I can try again for P Past...maybe...possibly...let's see.

Edit to add: nope still a few hours left for my den to free up...should I speed? *cringes at possibility of spending gold to speed for an eventual sunrise fail...

zaaracake
12-06-16, 10:38 AM
Got Present on the very first try, from Forest + Air, while actually wanting to breed Fruitfull. :) Somebody wants a good tip for breeding Past? Just try to breed a white-yellow Common, and you'll get Past instead! :)

That's so sweet of you. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Dragon Story community. There's an amazing bunch of players here who will give you some great advice. See ya around the threads and good luck!

EmmaLedger95
12-06-16, 11:46 AM
Can we please get confirmation from a mod for when these dragons are leaving. Mine are still there after the update today. Thank you.

zaaracake
12-06-16, 11:58 AM
Can we please get confirmation from a mod for when these dragons are leaving. Mine are still there after the update today. Thank you.

Same here!
@amerirish...hooray for you...a hopeful "Future" beckons...
Thanks for keeping them, S8!
@Nat...likewise!
@roguebee, @cazile81 and @Eluzyion...how is it going for you all?

kooky panda
12-06-16, 11:59 AM
I will check on this.

ksbmommy
12-06-16, 12:02 PM
Just bred past + present and have 15 hours on the nest! Fingers crossed for future!

After so many fails, it's easy to get frustrated, I've had so many fairytale fails I've lost count. But I also got a nymph, something that I didn't have, so it's all good!

EmmaLedger95
12-06-16, 12:04 PM
I will check on this.

Thanks Kooky

EmmaLedger95
12-06-16, 12:07 PM
Just bred past + present and have 15 hours on the nest! Fingers crossed for future!

After so many fails, it's easy to get frustrated, I've had so many fairytale fails I've lost count. But I also got a nymph, something that I didn't have, so it's all good!

I'm confused where we got the past and present are the only dragons that will give us future as I have neighbors saying no and they used other combos. We really need just a wee tiny amount of things from Storm8 to tell us what the situation is.

Oops, btw fingers crossed for you kbsmommy:)

amerirish
12-06-16, 12:31 PM
@amerirish...nooooooooo! You don't say?
Sure hope you're wrong, for your sake too.
I was so positive they'd stay all month...I've been telling ppl that on the threads, I can be SUCH.AN.IDIOT!
Sorry ppl.
But..they're XMAS dragons, right? So what's with the logic of yanking them out pre-Xmas?
And too bad about breeding Future...those Sunrise fails s!uck big time!

Guess I was wrong since they're still in the Market past update time. My apologies; I was certain they were leaving today. Good news for all of us then! Although with the addition of Sniffles and Elf, I don't know how the heck we're supposed to try for all three at once. I guess that's the plan on S8's end - we'll either have to give up on one or buy it for gold :(

Natasha_07
12-06-16, 01:16 PM
Yeahhh, more time to try for this present and future guy. Hope I can at least get present, please Christmas! :)

kooky panda
12-06-16, 03:31 PM
Confirmation: They will be leaving on December 12!

Good Luck!

starship412
12-06-16, 03:33 PM
Thanks Kooky!

EmmaLedger95
12-06-16, 04:32 PM
Confirmation: They will be leaving on December 12!

Good Luck!

Thanks again Kooky :)

ksbmommy
12-06-16, 05:49 PM

Got it, got it, got it! Woo hoo, my 15 hours was a future! I spent 5 gold to speed it up because I could stand waiting until the morning to find out what it was. Super excited on this one.

roguebee
12-06-16, 05:51 PM
Three more fails, but I have 15 hours on the nest...

zaaracake
12-07-16, 12:01 AM

8th try (@Natasha07, I took your advice) forest+air (both epic) = 15 hours
*PRESENT DRAGON*

RESET - ROUND 2
1st try (for past dragon): Leopard+Chronicler = 24 hours...I kinda expected it but I'm starting to think Chronicler is jinxed @ my breeding den. I dunno why. To my mind, Chronicler would be a perfect parent for a Past dragon.

@Kooky, thanks for the confirmation.

A bit less time than I'd have liked but if I get Past and Present before 12/12... I'll be satisfied with the 2 out of 3 score. At least then I'll have some hope for the Future* bad pun totally intended.

@ksbmommy, congrats! @roguebee, fingers crossed
@Natasha07...did you see that your combo worked for me? All the best, I'm sure you'll get there SOON,

zaaracake
12-07-16, 12:16 AM
Thanks Kooky!

@Starship412...good to see your hat is still in the ring!
How's it going?
Do NOT use Chronicler. He's jinxed, at least for me!

@EmmaLedger95...how about you?

@ALL, this is the first time I'm going all out on a breeding thread discussion, so I guess I want to check in with everyone, CHEER ON everyone and update my progress regularly.
Totally the other side of the fence from my 'don't care what happens' days when I used to wonder at all the enthusiasm and (sometimes) angst on the breeding threads. Now I get all hyper excited :-O and I swear, I'm checking the Dragon threads every four hours or so.
Oh and THAT moment when you chuck two dragons in the den and the timer hasn't started yet...
Still, I'm aware that combo logs can get excruciatingly boring so...if my frequent posts on this thread are annoying, lmk and I'll switch 'em off/tone them down.

ksbmommy
12-07-16, 06:58 AM
How's it going?

@ALL, this is the first time I'm going all out on a breeding thread discussion, so I guess I want to check in with everyone, CHEER ON everyone and update my progress regularly.
Totally the other side of the fence from my 'don't care what happens' days when I used to wonder at all the enthusiasm and (sometimes) angst on the breeding threads. Now I get all hyper excited :-O and I swear, I'm checking the Dragon threads every four hours or so.
Oh and THAT moment when you chuck two dragons in the den and the timer hasn't started yet...
Still, I'm aware that combo logs can get excruciatingly boring so...if my frequent posts on this thread are annoying, lmk and I'll switch 'em off/tone them down.

I am a *****er, I purchased past and present last week. I was in the middle of trying for diamond hybrids with an active/on sale diamond temple and both nests working. I got future yesterday after trying since Saturday, so about 3-4 days. Mostly fairytale fails, one sunrise, one nmpyh and one fruitful. Wasn't as aggravating as some things that I've been trying to breed (looking at you crown jewel).

ksbmommy
12-07-16, 07:01 AM
Oh and @zaaracakes, I always use simple, pure colors when I try for these things, nothing fancy. If I do have to go fancy because a single color dragon is unavailable I use two dragons with the same colors but opposite (so a green, yellow with a yellow, green). I've been pretty successful with this strategy.

starship412
12-07-16, 07:18 AM
How's it going?

Still no dice on any new dragon out there. I tried for Past, Present and Sniffles and gotten nothing but more Genies, Nymphs, Fruitfuls, and the kiss of death Sunrises.

amerirish
12-07-16, 07:33 AM
Got it, got it, got it! Woo hoo, my 15 hours was a future! I spent 5 gold to speed it up because I could stand waiting until the morning to find out what it was. Super excited on this one.

Congrats!! I'm still plugging away. So glad I was wrong and that we have more time to try! :D

Natasha_07
12-07-16, 07:34 AM
Glad it work for you Zaara! Still fruitfuls, nymphs and druids.

I really hate when we have to hurry and try for limited dragons, they should all last at least 1 month.

zaaracake
12-07-16, 08:30 AM
@ksbmommy, congrats and thanks, this sounds good. I'll switch to this method the next time my breeding den gets free cuz right now a Kiss of Death (#quipbystarship) is ripening on it...

cazile81
12-07-16, 10:01 AM
Still trying for future.

roguebee
12-07-16, 12:34 PM
Hatched a Past and was rewarded with a Sunrise on the next try.

amerirish
12-07-16, 12:52 PM

YAY!!! ---- NOT! :mad:

Just remember that you cannot breed Future with anything but Past & Present.

Natasha_07
12-07-16, 01:12 PM

You poor thing! I'm currently waiting on nests to empty tonight, the breeding den was ready this morning but not going to speed up.

Bastiaan0
12-07-16, 02:00 PM

Ouch :( Hope you didn't lose too much time ;)

I just didn't have Past until this week, it's now hatched and evolved. Now in the breeding den with Present for the first time, 10 hours...
But oh, well, Present last year, Past this year, so probably Future next year, not counting on anything. But I'm going to keep trying ;)

roguebee
12-07-16, 10:03 PM

I'm quite aware. It was just that I had been spoiled with mostly 8 - 10 hour fails, the Sunrise put a crimp on things...

I'll keep trying as I have until Friday as I can also get Elf as a fail..

zaaracake
12-07-16, 10:24 PM

*PRESENT DRAGON*

ROUND 2
9th try (for past dragon): Leopard+Chronicler = 24 hours. 'Kiss of Death' (#starship412) Sunrise.

10th try: Light+Air = 24 hours.
Kissed again! Boo :-(

zaaracake
12-07-16, 10:27 PM
@all, it's good that the 24 hours fails will now help with the community event.

Florr06
12-08-16, 01:40 AM
Past is on the nest! Got her with Chronicler and Sunrise. Trying for Present now.

DR0G0N
12-08-16, 07:02 PM
So after having 7 - 10, 24 hours Sunrise fails (had nothing but Sunrise fails), I think I have a past dragon, 15 hours on the den. Not sure if I have enough time for Present and Future, but I'll give it a go.

zaaracake
12-08-16, 08:49 PM

*PRESENT DRAGON*

ROUND 2
9th try (for past dragon): Leopard+Chronicler = 24 hours. 'Kiss of Death' (#starship412) Sunrise.
10th try: Light+Air = 24 hours. Kissed again! Boo :-(

11th try: Harvest+Swan=24 hours. Sigh!
Congrats @Dr0gon...your post gives me hope. We have till 12/12 so keep trying.

Natasha_07
12-09-16, 06:24 AM
So this this morning I decide to try once again with the idea of 'Oh another 10 hour dumb timer' and instead got 15 hours with dawntree and air.

DR0G0N
12-09-16, 06:47 AM
Congrats @Dr0gon...your post gives me hope. We have till 12/12 so keep trying.

I just use the same combo as Cocoland911 which was Chronicler and Light. I didn't change my combo, I just continue to use the same combo till I got it. Not sure if that's a good tip, but that's what I did. Good Luck~

katali119
12-09-16, 09:10 AM
I've been using Parakeet and Fairy, and now have a 14 hour timer, so think I may have Elf. That's nice. Next I'm going to intend to breed Elf, and see if I can get present!

zaaracake
12-09-16, 12:41 PM
@Natasha,awesome! I'm so happy for you! And we both have a coupla days still to try for one more from the set...

@Dr0g0n, thanks, I'll def try that combo next. Only one things daunts me, if you've been reading my combo log you'll know that Chronicler is jinxed on my island. He just won't behave! But since you vouch for him I guess it won't hurt to give the old man one more chance to prove his mettle! Ha ha :-) Sorry I'm being a little silly. It's really late where I live and I'm real sleepy, it's almost time for...WHOA breakfast!

So this this morning I decide to try once again with the idea of 'Oh another 10 hour dumb timer' and instead got 15 hours with dawntree and air.

I just use the same combo as Cocoland911 which was Chronicler and Light. I didn't change my combo, I just continue to use the same combo till I got it. Not sure if that's a good tip, but that's what I did. Good Luck~

zaaracake
12-09-16, 12:42 PM
I've been using Parakeet and Fairy, and now have a 14 hour timer, so think I may have Elf. That's nice. Next I'm going to intend to breed Elf, and see if I can get present!

Ok it must be the lack of sleep but I'm really chuckling at this. All the best. We have a coupla days.

amerirish
12-09-16, 01:27 PM

You definitely got Elf!! :D Congrats! I may have to steal your combo - I can't stop failing with Forest & Air.

zaaracake
12-09-16, 11:17 PM

*PRESENT DRAGON*

ROUND 2
10th try: Light+Air = 24 hours. Kissed again! Boo :-(

12th try: Chronicler + light = 24 hours.

@Dr0g0n...hehehehehe, looks like I'm repeating your pattern...
Maybe, it'll end luckily like you, before they yank them off the market.
You know what they say about 13th time lucky?
Then I can spend the gold I have left on *pretty* poinsettia (non-breedable) cuz it doesn't look like we're gonna get a GPD sale this year, does it?

@all, should I try boosted breed on the last day?

zaaracake
12-09-16, 11:24 PM
Just noticed, poinsettia is gone :-( so there's my grand plan all gone up in smoke :-( and ashes :-( Darn, darn DA*N, why didn't I get her? Why did I think she'd be around till Xmas? Why did I wait?
---End of cribbing---
Thanks for listening, ppl. I just had to vent on this one even though it was my bad.

leo2010leo
12-10-16, 03:09 AM
@amerirish, my combinations for Elf was Fruitfull + Loch Ness, you are quite welcome to steal it! :)

katali119
12-10-16, 05:27 AM
I've got Elf on the nest woo, and another 10 hour timer, boo. Same combo.

DR0G0N
12-10-16, 06:34 PM
12th try: Chronicler + light = 24 hours.@Dr0g0n...hehehehehe, looks like I'm repeating your pattern...Maybe, it'll end luckily like you, before they yank them off the market.You know what they say about 13th time lucky? Then I can spend the gold I have left on *pretty* poinsettia (non-breedable) cuz it doesn't look like we're gonna get a GPD sale this year, does it?@all, should I try boosted breed on the last day?

Hopefully, you get your past and I get my present and we both get our future before it ends. Being very optimistic here, while on my third fruitful fail (nothing but fruitful now, better than the sunrise, I must say).

As for GPD sale, I'm still holding on to my gold (currently reached 1000 gold). I didn't get anything from the BlackFriday sale b/c I didn't like the delay response from the team about the disappointment. I really wanted the Koi, Circuit, and Hypnosis, plus a couple habitats, but b/c of the way they're acting, I refuse to support them.

As for the poinsettia, I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you. I'm sure it'll come back later, maybe next year. Plus many old time players are having trouble placing new dragons in their isle due to lack of space. So saving your gold and space wouldn't be too bad for a much worthy dragon or nest/temple.

SassyRum
12-11-16, 01:59 AM
Got Past with Chronicler and Light! Been trying Present using Ranger & Adventure! Hope I can get at least Present before times up!!

zaaracake
12-11-16, 04:15 AM
@Dr0g0n...ha! This bit...

[FONT=garamond][COLOR=#333333][SIZE=2][B]Hopefully, you get your past and I get my present and we both get our future before it ends.

....is very well-done!

Thank you for your great advice and also...for the kind attempt to cheer me up. You're right. I'll wait! I was pretty dispirited abt Poinsettia yest but the dragon gods threw a rainbow over my island today so:
Luuuuuuuucky #13 (didn't I tell you?) light+air = 15 hours!
The heart brimmeth over...

A Christmas Carol has always held a special place in my heart. I read it aloud every Xmas Eve to the kids at my neighbourhood community centre/school/bookshop, if they'll have me. Or I just host a reading night at my place and I can get really silly along with the parents and all the kids...if anyone can't already tell from all my previous dribble, Xmas is my absolute favourite holiday.
So...these dragons...
I swear, ppl, I was sniffling over my breeding den like a retard for like fifteen whole minutes. I won't have time to hatch, evolve and get her to breed, but I'm totally content to wait and try for the Future dragon later...whenever....we-elllll...as content as I can get, being bereft of Frostwolf, that is. Goshme, that guy is unforgettable! He's got my soul!

I only got a coupla habis at the sale. I have just about 590 gold from almost double that last month (cuz I made a strategically futile but aesthetically totally WORTH IT purchase of the light and dark statues) so if they give us a GPD for Xmas at 400 or 600, I can get one, if not, then no.

Though Circuit was beautiful too, the only dragon I really wanted from the sale was WildHeart (I mean, just the name is so worth getting tattooed somewhere) and the dragon's look and personality description (the blurb) were cool.

I wish I could meet the person who writes the stories for the Dragon Tales and the blurbs for each individual dragon. That whole Dame of Darkness/Lord of Light track was really heartwarming...though I personally can never finish ANYTHING in this game, so I never found out how the story ended. My DoD is doomed to loneliness on my island...well, let's just say she's howling for her lost Frostwolf.

@all, don't you think S8 should have a "meet the staff" or "employee of the week" or something on their Facebook page? Who WOULDN'T want to meet the minds and riffle thru the sketchbooks of the people who conceive this stuff we all covet? It's all I've been thinking of this week while haunting the threads. Although for the people who have been getting tired of my mile-long posts in Bakery Story, I'll have to stop this soon. Next week is going to be crazy busy...for all of us, I'm sure.

@Dr0g0n, I can understand you were angry at the delayed response. I can't speak for S8 or the strategic decisions of the dragon team regarding the Black Friday sale but what I can say (to maybe make you also feel better I hope) is that it's holiday time for them too, see? They may have received a huge volume of incoming stuff to handle or maybe they have staff away on leave ... I dunno!

Regarding the space issue....I know! I'm a long-timer who just played very lazily for the longest time, I just logged in to return gold and send maps, and that's all I did for months until the recent Between Worlds event and its luscious prizes #Flatfootdeservesaraise

My island is profoundly ugly cuz for the longest time I just plonked things down wherever, unlike in Bakery Story where I really take an effort with my shop. I feel guilty now about all the love I withheld from DS. S8 really needs to have a cross-department meet on how to stop their individual game offerings cannibalizing on each other. That would be one heck of a productive thing to do, guys.

I've been so involved with BS and uninvolved with DS, I never even noticed when the game stopped being an ugly duckling and grew up! I'm a high (sort of) level player and I have acres of uncleared land, which I'm getting to now. In some weeks, hopefully, I'll be able to clear enough to give my place a total overhaul.

It's a pity about the space issue, you're TOTALLY right. All of us players have tons of stored decor, hours worth of design time and sheer pixelated EFFORT on the part of the game designers and none of us can display it like we want to. Cuz of the lack of real estate. Kinda defeats the purpose, don't you reckon, S8?

Bye, Dr0g0n. Sorry for the super-long and super-random post. I promise I won't do it again :-) I'm kinda making a habit of it these three days, at least in BS and i guess it wasn't long before DS caught the flu! I just had all these THOUGHTS...

Have a great weekend, what's left of it.

Florr06
12-11-16, 05:18 AM
Fruitful x Celtic.. 15 hours - think it's Present :)

ccorbett4
12-11-16, 05:01 PM
Got the present dragon pretty quickly. Been trying for the past dragon ever since...air and light, and 6 straight times got the 24-hr Sunrise Dragon. So annoying!

Scangelina
12-11-16, 07:01 PM
Just got my 3rd 15 hr timer on my roost, 1st was another Present, I was using breeding and nest boost to help timing. I sped up & FINALLY GOT FUTURE!! Woohoo!! I had about 20-30 fails before I got this. 1st trio I've completed on any Story Game😆

DR0G0N
12-11-16, 08:44 PM
@zaaracake:

Looks like I'll be stuck with the past, breeding my last fruitful fail. Congrats in getting your past and present. I'll see you around~ :]

ccorbett4
12-12-16, 09:03 PM
Got the present dragon pretty quickly. Been trying for the past dragon ever since...air and light, and 6 straight times got the 24-hr Sunrise Dragon. So annoying!

And now 8 straight Sunrise Dragons...

starship412
12-12-16, 09:44 PM
Got 2 Past and 2 Present dragons and none of the couples can make a Future. I'm giving up on trying anymore. Time I got Past and Present and bred them then the parade of Fruitful and Sunrises started again.

JetteG
12-13-16, 04:27 AM
Does anybody know when they leave?

amerirish
12-13-16, 08:49 AM
Just got another Sunrise fail while trying for Future :mad: This stinks! :(

zaaracake
12-13-16, 09:11 AM
There's a reason why the Sunrise dragon has been affectionately renamed Kiss of Death, hehe!
Hang in there people...it's a numbers game, desired result is bound to happen sometime I guess.
I thought these were leaving on the 12th...my past dragon is just evolving to 4.
Wow maybe I can get a coupla tries in...
In the meanwhile let's all hope for (in the immortal words of Leonard Hofstatder) "A SATURNALIA MIRACLE"
Hehehe...although I'm not really finding this funny or anything....

Got 2 Past and 2 Present dragons and none of the couples can't make a Future. I'm giving up on trying anymore. Time I got Past and Present and bred them then the parade of Fruitful and Sunrises started again.

Just got another Sunrise fail while trying for Future :mad: This stinks! :(

roguebee
12-13-16, 09:41 AM

First post claims the 12th. However, they are all still in my Market, so I suspect that they'll leave today at reset time. Which gives me less than 2 hours for one last try. Nope...

amerirish
12-13-16, 11:19 AM
They're gone from the Market now <sob> no Future for me :(

cazile81
12-13-16, 11:41 AM
They're gone from the Market now <sob> no Future for me :(

Me neither

ccorbett4
12-14-16, 08:36 PM

Well, that was a waste...10 straight Sunrise Dragons and no Past Dragon. Frustrating.