PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Reset City

Machacker
08-16-10, 11:20 AM
I'm starting this thread to consolidate all of the City Reset requests.

Dire reasons to reset:

1. Deleted All Factories - Factories are the easiest way to generate cash. If you delete your last factory, your ability to do *anything* in the game is severely limited. *500* cleaning collections are necessary to generate enough cash to buy a new factory. Or you can buy more cash from Team Lava (probably their desired option).

2. Deleted All Factories Plus most if not all Commercial and Residential Buildings - If you want to do the cleaning method, this is even *more* dire to recover your town. Options at this point are to quit playing City Story or buy more cash from Team Lava.

Not So Dire Reasons to reset:

1. Deleted all but One Factory - Your income producing ability is very slow, but you *can* reasonably recover.

2. Deleted Town Hall - Mostly nice to have, but if you haven't done the above three, you're probably OK

*Not* a Reason to reset:

1. I want to rearrange the living daylights out of my city - Just put everything into Inventory (the padlock icon) and put it back the way you want it.

OK, folks, other thoughts?

Unregistered
03-08-11, 07:49 PM
I bought my iPod used with city story already on it with other persons account tried deleating app and redownloading . Help ?

Unregistered
03-08-11, 07:58 PM
I bought my iPod used with city story already on it with other persons account tried deleating app and redownloading . Help ?

Sorry, but you are stuck with it. The game is saved on TeamLava's servers and linked to the device, so deleting and reinstalling will change nothing. All I can suggest is to put everything in inventory or sell it as a way to start again.

Unregistered
03-08-11, 11:54 PM
Sorry, but you are stuck with it. The game is saved on TeamLava's servers and linked to the device, so deleting and reinstalling will change nothing. All I can suggest is to put everything in inventory or sell it as a way to start again.

Is it just me, or does it seem that simply having a login would completely cure this pain point and allow people with multiple devices to access their one city from any device?

Unregistered
03-08-11, 11:57 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem that simply having a login would completely cure this pain point and allow people with multiple devices to access their one city from any device?

I agree. I would also like to be able to log on from my computer.

ragey2kplus2
06-11-11, 12:52 PM
It's a real shame. My girlfriend found city story and we were both hooked. But as newbies, we didn't realise the money would take so long to increase via contracts. She has now uninstalled it because she cannot reset the game. Even worse is that i've starting buying gems and she may have too. If the device city story is installed on, is registered with the game, why can this link not be deleted and pointed to a new game? If they are worried about data integrity, surely this would be a reasonable answer? Sort of soft delete.

flowless
06-11-11, 01:00 PM
if ur problem relays in money
easy u just need some time and u will have enough money

daily bounces is one way ( at leat 1000 per day )
try to buy cheap buildings as amny as u can so ur nbrs and friends would clean for u
gifts 20 thant u can keep for cleaning or sell

i think within one week u would have reasonable money to play just like the other players

however if ur problem is that u spent ur gems ( like i did in RS ) then i wish login feature would be available

ghent96
07-03-11, 08:48 AM
It's a real shame. My girlfriend found city story and we were both hooked. But as newbies, we didn't realise the money would take so long to increase via contracts. She has now uninstalled it because she cannot reset the game. Even worse is that i've starting buying gems and she may have too. If the device city story is installed on, is registered with the game, why can this link not be deleted and pointed to a new game? If they are worried about data integrity, surely this would be a reasonable answer? Sort of soft delete.

True, it's way too easy to make big mistakes in buying too many or the wrong buildings early on, or waste citycash/gems with bugs or lag in the GUI such as on contracts or the popup when you run out of coins. The game "stole" all my city cash this way on the first day. FIRST DAY. That's ridiculous. We need to be able to reset.

ghent96
07-03-11, 08:51 AM
Moderator - can you combine both threads on "reset city" , and still keep the poll?

Aquawaters85
03-21-16, 04:43 PM
Even if you reset your device your city story account will still be saved to get a new city story account you need to buy another device

kooky panda
03-21-16, 05:46 PM
Closing this older thread.