PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Sales are coming soon!

[S8] Regina
11-23-16, 12:25 PM
~Check back Friday for amazing deals!~

Check the following for updates:
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/fantasyforestapp)
Twitter (https://twitter.com/fantasyforests8)

http://imgur.com/XHKE1kw.png

Clark_Wayne
11-23-16, 04:27 PM
good news :)

JeffW60
11-24-16, 05:26 AM
I had only been playing a matter of weeks last year when the Black Friday sale took place. At that point I wasn't even sure I was going to keep playing so I didn't take part in it. I do recall, however, that it was a pretty big disappointment for most. Hopefully this year we will get a better sale. Of course good deals on habitats are always welcome. I would like to see a really good deal on Treasure animals. I only have one, and would like to acquire another one to fill out the habitat.

Natasha_07
11-24-16, 05:58 AM
I'm ready for this. :)

Eluzyion
11-24-16, 08:00 AM
Jellyflash again? :/ not too excited about the animals so I hope the habitats sale is a good one

Drachenia
11-24-16, 10:40 AM
I hope there are Wagrid and Gryffindor lions too :confused:

Silverrain1
11-24-16, 11:53 PM
I can't even think of what animals I want to see, I will b happy with anything that I have previously missed. But they will have to b super cheap for me to buy as I dnt buy animals, I buy habitats

sparklegirly
11-25-16, 07:56 AM
I'm having a regular 30% off gems sale today so if you were hoping gems would go on super sale it doesn't look like it will happen this year. I'm hoping treasure animals will go on sale as well. I really need the ornate ocelot.

bravewarrior
11-25-16, 09:39 AM
It's 10:30 and I believe it's Friday. What gives? Did the person in charge of the Black Friday sale decide to go shopping instead hitting the button for us.
Seriously, I work in retail advertising and if you mean to start the sale at noon Pacific, then half your audience around the world went to bed or have spent their money elsewhere.

littelprincess0313
11-25-16, 11:07 AM
XD this is sooo true :)
I live in Europe and I am really wondering why I have to wait until Black Friday is nearly over for me to get the offer :)

monbohn
11-25-16, 12:27 PM
I'm having a regular 30% off gems sale today so if you were hoping gems would go on super sale it doesn't look like it will happen this year. I'm hoping treasure animals will go on sale as well. I really need the ornate ocelot.

I laughed when I pulled up my gem sale. Normally it's 30%. Today, however, only the biggest packs are 30% and it goes down to 20% and 10% for smaller packs. So I won't be buying any. I didn't expect them to make the gem sale better, but I really didn't expect it to be worse. :/

poofyena
11-25-16, 12:48 PM
So much I want to breed for! I would love to two foxes and the Parade Pony. How long are they available for?

Eluzyion
11-25-16, 12:51 PM
I bred winter Equifox with CU and hippogryph! That was so quick I may not get any others now lol but happy for that one!

TwiWoods
11-25-16, 12:54 PM
My popup states available until 11/29

Drachenia
11-25-16, 01:07 PM
Oh no Gryffindor lion, Wagrid and no Ultra Rare Animals from the Storybook in the Black Friday offer :(

tahitii
11-25-16, 01:16 PM
Are all the animals on sale breedable?

Silverrain1
11-25-16, 04:38 PM
Loving this! I just splurged on habitats and now gonna breed like mad. For me, the best combo seems to b dark with water but that takes away the parade pony and summer equifox. Sped breed 4 chromodiles tho and still got one in the den

Eluzyion
11-25-16, 04:57 PM
So far I've bred Winter Equifox, athletigator and electricutie.. Switching elements now I got the two I wanted from water/electric. Like Silverrain I bought a few habitats too! Feels like Christmas!! lol

Thatsmylucy
11-25-16, 05:45 PM
Are all the animals on sale breedable?

No not all are breedable. If u click them in the store & read description it will say if they're breedable or not.

JeffW60
11-25-16, 06:09 PM
What have you bought so far?

I'm not sure I'm finished yet, but so far I've bought the habitat for the storybook and two other habitats that are on sale for 80 gems. I've done a little speed breeding and managed to breed the Electricutie.

adrianalima4
11-25-16, 07:25 PM
I have done some speed breeding and have bought the electric and rock habitat (80 gems). I managed to breed the summer equifox yay! I'm also unsure of what to buy. Does any one have any idea what may be released on Cyber Monday? I'm worried I will use all my gems before then and will miss out on potential expired habitats

sparklegirly
11-25-16, 07:28 PM
I don't want to brag about what I bought but it seems important to note that 1,200 gems spent breeding dark/water super rare gave me only four Mama Bears and one Nocturnowl. Luckily for me I have most of the dark/water creatures already and only needed to purchase the Frostrich. Let this be a warning to anyone new to speed breeding, sometimes you get lucky and only have to spend a fraction of the gems, but usually, for me at least, I end up paying full price and wasting hundreds of gems in the process. The only positive to this is the amount of explosives gained to require runes, so in my mind I can justify losing so many gems. You just have to be mindful of the fifteen explosives limit so as to not waste any. Also support will not reimburse your gems spent on speed breeding so it's important to set a limit on how many gems you are willing to spend. If you want the animal and don't mind spending gems, but also don't want to waste any, I'd recommend buying one or two at full price and then attempting to breed the others. I hope this helps and may you get what you wish for.

Eluzyion
11-25-16, 07:33 PM
So far I've bred Winter Equifox, athletigator and electricutie.. Switching elements now I got the two I wanted from water/electric. Like Silverrain I bought a few habitats too! Feels like Christmas!! lol

Adding: bred Mama Bear, Papa Penguin and French Hen.. Can't get winter wonderlamb that combo isn't working as well :/

haku8cafe
11-25-16, 08:05 PM
S8 I think you need to check your gem sales I remember clearly I bought gems after finishing LB since I almost deplete my gem I bought the 1400gems at 30%... 2900gems was 30% too(cannot remember the rest)... since it is black Friday BF I expect at least 40% off on 2900gems but what I am seeing is

120gems (no discount)
250gems 10%
530gems 20%
1400gems 20%
2900gems 30%

I really dun mind buying another pack or 2 packs of 1400 or 2900 if I get 40% since I need them for future LB ... hopefully you can adjust this a few days or maybe on cyber Monday....

saucysammis
11-25-16, 09:07 PM
S8 I think you need to check your gem sales I remember clearly I bought gems after finishing LB since I almost deplete my gem I bought the 1400gems at 30%... 2900gems was 30% too(cannot remember the rest)... since it is black Friday BF I expect at least 40% off on 2900gems but what I am seeing is

120gems (no discount)
250gems 10%
530gems 20%
1400gems 20%
2900gems 30%

I really dun mind buying another pack or 2 packs of 1400 or 2900 if I get 40% since I need them for future LB ... hopefully you can adjust this a few days or maybe on cyber Monday....

The sale you describe is exactly the complimentary sale that they gave last year on Black Friday, and not everyone got it so count yourself lucky to see it. The first year was the only year that a 40% sale was offered -and not even for a full 24 hours. Basically the real sale is not on gems but on the items in the store.

SabaDilla2
11-25-16, 10:32 PM
I think I got one of these animals. I bred Sapphire Cthulhu with Knitten Kitten with 22 her result. Any ideas?

littelprincess0313
11-25-16, 10:52 PM
As I dont have any more animals to breed from the regular kinds Im really excied for all these limited ones (I just have 3-4 of them) so I hope they think about adding a ton of these (or other limited) to the permanent list cause breeding got SO boring the last few months -.-
I bough 5 habitants ^^
The magnet thing, the rainbow hills, the youth thing for stone and two others for 80 (80 is so cheap :D)
Now trying to get sth with water dark and hopefully not the 2 I already have
Im also interested in the pony (already have one but would like another) and the hen - I never buy animals over 200 (300) gems so either I breed it or I wont get them :(
Still great black friday deals (at least on the habitats)

haku8cafe
11-25-16, 11:04 PM
The sale you describe is exactly the complimentary sale that they gave last year on Black Friday, and not everyone got it so count yourself lucky to see it. The first year was the only year that a 40% sale was offered -and not even for a full 24 hours. Basically the real sale is not on gems but on the items in the store.

ouch to hear that... I am always getting a 24hr sale every week or once every 2 weeks so glad I bought during LB or after LB....

I confirm I mostly buy the 30% off for 1400gems

BF I am now seeing 20% off for 1400gems but 2900 gems still remain the same as 30%

but anyway the habitats are pretty good so no complain I just wait for the normal 24hr sale that pop frequent on my game than

BiggerBubbles
11-26-16, 01:39 AM
Must have missed how long the habitats are to be available for, think it was in the first pop up but didn't come up at reset just now. Is it 24 hrs or 3 days? I have bought 2 but dithering on choice for one more, don't want to dither too long. Just glad I had managed to have 3 expansion areas spare.

goddard7006
11-26-16, 03:58 AM
I think I got one of these animals. I bred Sapphire Cthulhu with Knitten Kitten with 22 her result. Any ideas?

I believe that's a Tortice

Silverrain1
11-26-16, 05:25 AM
No not all are breedable. If u click them in the store & read description it will say if they're breedable or not.

What!!!! I hope you are kidding. I have spent about 300 gems speed breeding and have got nothing yet! I partly hope I'm unlucky and not just wasted my time and gems

Ok just checked and the only one that you can't breed is lion pride and story book critters which I wasn't trying for of course so I'm good. I'm trying dark/water and have got nothing!

Eluzyion
11-26-16, 05:37 AM
What!!!! I hope you are kidding. I have spent about 300 gems speed breeding and have got nothing yet! I partly hope I'm unlucky and not just wasted my time and gems

Ok just checked and the only one that you can't breed is lion pride and story book critters which I wasn't trying for of course so I'm good. I'm trying dark/water and have got nothing!
I didn't have much problem with electric/water breeding what I wanted, but dark/water is just giving []! Did they forget to actually have them available when breeding? lol not sure why these two elements aren't throwing much when there's a few with those elements...

Silverrain1
11-26-16, 05:43 AM
I didn't have much problem with electric/water breeding what I wanted, but dark/water is just giving []! Did they forget to actually have them available when breeding? lol not sure why these two elements aren't throwing much when there's a few with those elements...

Your right. It's the combo I need the most from and got none! I need winter wonderlamb, frostrich, arcane and tortice

dexterminate
11-26-16, 05:52 AM
I got a 19hr time trying for the winter equifox but I think hes 16hrs. Whatd I get instead?

Silverrain1
11-26-16, 06:31 AM
I just got arcane! Yay. Then I went to try again and got 42 hours! I have finally got my pearl! So happy especially since I had just bought a grand gem habitat. But it now means I can't try for any more!

Was so lucky that I decided to speed up a few more breeds!

Eluzyion
11-26-16, 06:56 AM
I just got arcane! Yay. Then I went to try again and got 42 hours! I have finally got my pearl! So happy especially since I had just bought a grand gem habitat. But it now means I can't try for any more!

Omg! Congrats!!!

bodragonmom
11-26-16, 07:04 AM
Does anyone know how the pot of gold works? It is on sale and it says it gives gold? Is that coins or gems?
Thanks

Eluzyion
11-26-16, 07:09 AM
Does anyone know how the pot of gold works? It is on sale and it says it gives gold? Is that coins or gems?
Thanks

Honestly I haven't even seen one.. But I assume gold means coins.. Where is it located? Don't see it in buildings or deco?

Silverrain1
11-26-16, 07:12 AM
Omg! Congrats!!!

Thank you

Eluzyion
11-26-16, 07:13 AM

May I asked what animals you bred?

Silverrain1
11-26-16, 07:23 AM
May I asked what animals you bred?

Of course. It was a crystal unicorn and beast. But it took a lot of attempts.

Eluzyion
11-26-16, 07:26 AM
Of course. It was a crystal unicorn and beast. But it took a lot of attempts.

lol that's what I've been using :/ I tried no turtle and lunarwal but the rest of the time I used beast.. I'm very excited for you though and jelly over Pearl ;)

Rynetory2
11-26-16, 07:32 AM
Thanks

Are you referring to the one in Farm Story 2? Please let me know so I can move your post to the correct game forum.

If you were referring to Farm Story 2, it gives a gold ore every 2 days.

Eluzyion
11-26-16, 07:51 AM
Silverrain! I just bred a Pearl Peryton! You motivated me to try a few more times so THANK YOU!!! I'm soooo happy! :D

Silverrain1
11-26-16, 09:45 AM
Silverrain! I just bred a Pearl Peryton! You motivated me to try a few more times so THANK YOU!!! I'm soooo happy! :D

Congrats! It's beautiful isn't it! I have wanted it for the longest time and was devastated that my last gem hybrid turned out to b the cyclops! (One I didn't have but wanted this more! I was trying to get this but didn't get it) btw, the grand gen grove is on sale in the market for 200 gems if you are interested!

Elunei
11-26-16, 10:32 AM
When does the sale end?

Cdnfroglover
11-26-16, 12:01 PM
Oh yay! So happy for you. I do think its the prettiest!

Cdnfroglover
11-26-16, 12:03 PM
I splurged and got the mystic habitat and the turbulent thicket... couldn't help myself also bought a winter equifox. Its so pretty and I don't have a lightening water super rare yet. I will attempt to breed the mama bear but will not buy it... think the price is still too steep for a rare

Eluzyion
11-26-16, 01:20 PM
Oh yay! So happy for you. I do think its the prettiest!

Thank you so much! Do you have a crystal unicorn? I got mama bear so many times with cu + water/electric ..I try to use event/battle arena boss animals that can't be bred (like beast, beauty, charger, etc) I had to delete multiples so you shouldn't have too much trouble with mama bear :) Good luck to you!

MystiqueRealm
11-26-16, 06:01 PM
Congratulations on the Pearl Perytons! I just Citrine Peregrine so I'm pretty happy too!

Cdnfroglover
11-26-16, 06:38 PM
Thank you so much! Do you have a crystal unicorn? I got mama bear so many times with cu + water/electric ..I try to use event/battle arena boss animals that can't be bred (like beast, beauty, charger, etc) I had to delete multiples so you shouldn't have too much trouble with mama bear :) Good luck to you!

I do have a CU... I tried as much as possible for the mama bear (water/dark right?) when she came out in the spring. Almost always breed with a CU in hopes of a hybrid fail. But didn't get her. Hopeful I'll get luckier this time but won't be devastated if I miss again. She'll be back! (I hope!)

Lisa0107
11-26-16, 08:26 PM
I bought the rainbow habitat for 80 gems. My 3 rainbow animals (rainbow raven, pokey pilot and Petal peacock) look great in there and I have room for one more when I get my next rainbow element animal

Silverrain1
11-27-16, 03:07 AM
With my pearl being in the den it means I have had to stop trying which is a bit disappointing but I'm excited for the pearl anyway. A really beautiful animal. So while I'm waiting that out I put Sagittarius on the nest and then the jelly flash from the spin to win. I love the jelly flashes egg! Too cute!

Silverrain1
11-27-16, 05:51 AM
Why did I decide to bring my jelly flash out of storage when it's breedable? Cos now iv just bread one. Iv now managed to get 3 mama bears (which I didn't need) an arcane and a jelly flash

ranne58
11-27-16, 07:18 AM
Does anyone know breeding times for these limited time animals? There are many that are not listed. Thanks!!

CuteTali
11-27-16, 08:47 AM
It seems like the mixed habitats are a way better deal than the single color habitats.

Silverrain1
11-27-16, 09:01 AM
Party penguin 16
Parade pony 22 hours
Lion pride not available through breeding
Friar duck 15 hours
Winter wonderlamb 14
Frostrich 16
Banana slug 15
Arcane 13
Jelly flash 16
Nocturnowl 20
Mana bear 13
Rooted rhino 23
Tortice 22
Electricutie 23
French hen 20
Winter equifox 16
Infernowl 20
Tree frog 13
Summer equifox 21
Athlegator 19
Harvest hedgehog 12
Papa penguin 14

These are all the times in hours of the animals on sale that I could find. I am missing a few tho, if anyone knows more I can add them in.

Feenfunke
11-27-16, 09:25 AM
So happy about breeding my French Hen at the second try. Bought three habitats for 80 gems.
Now I will try if I can get maybe Winter Equifox and/or Winter Wonderlamb.
I wish lots of luck to everybody to breed his most wished animals. 🍀

Silverrain1
11-27-16, 09:56 AM
So happy about breeding my French Hen at the second try. Bought three habitats for 80 gems.
Now I will try if I can get maybe Winter Equifox and/or Winter Wonderlamb.
I wish lots of luck to everybody to breed his most wished animals. 🍀

Good luck. I have been trying and trying for them since they were released. Iv sped so many times and gotten nothing

Eluzyion
11-27-16, 10:06 AM
@silverrain on your list, you may want to put not avail through breeding on lion pride.. It states that in the info window window on that one.. So it's purchase only :)

Eluzyion
11-27-16, 10:07 AM
Congratulations on the Pearl Perytons! I just Citrine Peregrine so I'm pretty happy too!

Congrats on your Citrine Peregrin! I'm missing that one and both fire element gem hybrids .. One day lol

Eluzyion
11-27-16, 10:17 AM
Party penguin
Parade pony 22 hours
Lion pride
Friar duck 15 hours
Winter wonderlamb 14
Frostrich 16
Banana slug 15
Arcane
Jelly flash
Nocturnowl
Mana bear 13
Rooted rhino 23
Tortice 22
Electricutie
French hen 20
Winter equifox
Infernowl 20
Tree frog
Summer equifox 21
Athlegator
Harvest hedgehog 12

These are all the times in hours of the animals on sale that I could find. I am missing a few tho, if anyone knows more I can add them in.

Party penguin 16
Arcrane 13
Jelly flash 16
Nocturnowl 20
Electricutie 23
Winter equifox 16
Tree frog 13
Athletigator 19

Silverrain1
11-27-16, 10:36 AM
Thank you for the missing times and info on lion pride. I will add those in.

Sigh, just got a 45 hour timer, I already have 2 crystal unicorn and it's eating into valuable breeding time! I'm still missing so many!

Eluzyion
11-27-16, 10:48 AM
Thank you for the missing times and info on lion pride. I will add those in.

Sigh, just got a 45 hour timer, I already have 2 crystal unicorn and it's eating into valuable breeding time! I'm still missing so many!

Oh no! I'm considering speeding up Pearl but gosh I'm going through my gems fast lol and still don't know what's coming Monday or if I'll have enough left to get anything! :)

Silverrain1
11-27-16, 10:50 AM
Oh no! I'm considering speeding up Pearl but gosh I'm going through my gems fast lol and still don't know what's coming Monday or if I'll have enough left to get anything! :)

I never even thought of that! I have such few gems left! That cld b a problem. Hope you are getting what you want from the sales!

Sakrysta
11-27-16, 05:38 PM
Party penguin 16
Parade pony 22 hours
Friar duck 15 hours
Winter wonderlamb 14
Frostrich 16
Banana slug 15
Arcane 13
Jelly flash 16
Nocturnowl 20
Mana bear 13
Rooted rhino 23
Tortice 22
Electricutie 23
French hen 20
Winter equifox 16
Infernowl 20
Tree frog 13
Summer equifox 21
Athlegator 19
Harvest hedgehog 12

These are all the times in hours of the animals on sale that I could find. I am missing a few tho, if anyone knows more I can add them in.I seem to have bred a Papa Penguin, which is 14 hours.

PinkBubbles75
11-27-16, 07:07 PM
I see parade pony is back! When that one was released a few months back I couldn't get it so I hope I can get it this time! I also would like to have winter equifox :)

haku8cafe
11-27-16, 09:12 PM
question is the Rainbow Rapids habitat Rainbow/earth the only habitat that house rainbow elements? or is there just a rainbow habitat?

Silverrain1
11-28-16, 02:58 AM
I seem to have bred a Papa Penguin, which is 14 hours.

Oh sorry, he wasn't even on my list. I read it as the party penguin twice for some reason! I'll add it now

tahitii
11-28-16, 09:30 AM
Sped breed a bit but only got tons of Chromadiles, a Monsoon Marmot (already have 2) and something else...Dark/water is one of the worst combos to get something new.. so many rare and long fails :/

Eluzyion
11-28-16, 12:06 PM
Sped breed a bit but only got tons of Chromadiles, a Monsoon Marmot (already have 2) and something else...Dark/water is one of the worst combos to get something new.. so many rare and long fails :/

Dark/water has been the hardest, especially for Arcrane and winter wonderlamb.. I did have "success" with multiple jellyflash, tortice and mama bear that I had to delete duplicates.. But never got Arcrane or wonderlamb that I was actually trying for. Good luck in your breeding!

Eluzyion
11-28-16, 12:15 PM
DS resets before FFS and they haven't gotten any cyber Monday sales.. Just a leaderboard announcement for tomorrow instead of gold producing dragons that have always come out cyber Monday.. Everyone's pretty disappointed on that forum, wonder if FFS will get treasure animal sales or not now..

It's after reset so no cyber Monday specials.. The breeding for limited time is still on with diamond hybrids coming in value packs, guess no treasures will be on sale, maybe Christmas I guess

LilliDee
11-28-16, 12:45 PM
I tried nonstop for papa penguin. Nothing but rainguin after rainguin after, oh and one glacial griffin. Bleh huge disappointment. I didn't dare try for party penguin, can't stand koala caba whatever fails. But constant five hour fails are equally irritating now. I've tried for a penguin every time they're released to no avail. They're my sons favorite animal but I spent gems on habitats not creatures. I was saving for gem animals. Maybe at Christmas? Congrats to those who were successful at breeding something. I'm afraid I used up my common quota in time for the tales. Lol!

tahitii
11-28-16, 02:27 PM
Thanks Eluzyion, same to you! Unluckily got 4 more Chromadiles and a Freezel 😡.
Hope they will bring back some winter animals during Christmas holydays 🙂

Silverrain1
11-28-16, 03:50 PM
Not doing to well. I got a fair few habitats and some new animals. So I can't complain but I really wish I cld have gotten more! Really hoping for a gem sale to. I spent way to many of them and need to replenish!
I got an arcane that I didn't have.

Silverrain1
11-28-16, 03:57 PM
Thought I would fit in one or two more speed breeds before going to bed then work tomorrow and got 45 hours! Not good timing!
Also it makes it my fourth crystal unicorn, getting my third only yesterday! Sigh.

Eluzyion
11-28-16, 04:54 PM
Thought I would fit in one or two more speed breeds before going to bed then work tomorrow and got 45 hours! Not good timing!
Also it makes it my fourth crystal unicorn, getting my third only yesterday! Sigh.

Oh my gosh, too bad we can't trade duplicates! lol you're luck is going great just wrong ones showing up like me! ;)

Drachenia
11-28-16, 05:07 PM

Uff uff are many Crystal animals in short order. I have not get by breeding for long time, not a crystal animal. It is storybook, since one gets more often a Crystal Tier than one is dear. Congratulations to your Crystal Animals

Eluzyion
11-28-16, 05:54 PM
Well I can say this limited time breeding has been productive, even though I can't seem to get Arcrane or Wonderlamb I did get quite a few:

Pearl Peryton yay!
Winter Equifox multiple
French Hen
Frostrich
Mama bear multiples
Papa Penguin multiple
Jellyflash multiples
Tortice multiple
Electricutie
Athletigator

Not too shabby :) hope everyone is having success and getting at least most of what they wanted! (I think I had party penguin too and wasn't thinking, thought it was another papa penguin and deleted because now I can't find it lol oh well) wish I had a search button lol

Alideh
11-28-16, 08:00 PM
Absolutely love this special they have going on :D

There are soo many animals I want from the sale :o

I tried breeding Dark + Water hoping I would at least get one good breed but turns out I failed 4 times in a row with the common aligator :/ So I decided to go for the LIghtning and water combo and got a Athletigator XD It is like this game is telling me "You need some more aligators in your land" XD I don't mind that result since I don't have that one. Next I might try dark and water again... or go for the lightning and water again...Ughh soooo many choices XD

Alideh
11-28-16, 08:01 PM
Well I can say this limited time breeding has been productive, even though I can't seem to get Arcrane or Wonderlamb I did get quite a few:

Pearl Peryton yay!
Winter Equifox multiple
French Hen
Frostrich
Mama bear multiples
Papa Penguin multiple
Jellyflash multiples
Tortice multiple
Electricutie
Athletigator

Not too shabby :) hope everyone is having success and getting at least most of what they wanted! (I think I had party penguin too and wasn't thinking, thought it was another papa penguin and deleted because now I can't find it lol oh well) wish I had a search button lol

Winter Equifox
:o LUCKY!!! I want that one, and have wanted it since I first say it o.o Beautiful design!!!!

poofyena
11-29-16, 02:14 AM
No luck breeding either equifox, the two I really wanted. Thanks to trying for the zodiac I haven't had chance to breed much at all.

ogreve
11-29-16, 03:54 AM
No luck in breeding any of the many animals I still need from those that are now available. I tried dark-water a few times, and as the storybook requires a Conducktor, and as I had a hard time choosing between the Parade Pony (and Party Penguin) attempts, and the many possibilities that dark-water could give, I decided to have a roll of the dice using gem-water-dark-electric. First try a Koala. Second one 13 hours, so that will probably at least be the required Conducktor. I will probably have one more shot at this combo.

But... I did stock up really well on the special habitats!
I had previously not bought the Fountain of Youth habitats, so now I bought one of each. I also bought 3 Rainbow Rapids, 1 Watering Hole, and 1 Turbulent Thicket.

Nonetheless I really dragged my feet in choosing the ones to buy: I had really wanted to upgrade 2 Big Gem Coves to the Grand level, but at 200 gems a piece, for only 1 animal additional space, I thought that to be out of sync with the 80 gems (160 in case of the Fountain of Youth ones) habitats. I realise that all of those premium habitats were simply "60% off", but due to the hefty base price of 500 gems for the 'normal' single element Grand habitats, it put it out of sync for me.

Overall I'm well happy with my acquisitions! They gave a very welcome amount of new space for deploying animals and they look good. For a brief moment I thought the two Fountains of Youth were actually parts of a third "multi habitat set up" (like Zodiac and Magic), but I noticed they rotate and don't have an equally seamless fit, so they're not. But, they do look really good next to one another anyway.

One small question though: it was a bit late when I noticed the premium Magic habitats to be part of such a multi habitat square. I've got the West, North and East ones, but not South. I don't think I missed that, and that instead that is yet to be released, right?
I did visit some of the "top dog" forests (in terms of premium habitats, etc.) and didn't see a 'South' habitat anywhere, but just in case....
Does anyone know when we can expect that? It's something I don't want to miss so I need to make sure to have enough gems handy when it becomes available...

Hope all of you had a good spending spree too, and got what they wanted!

Eluzyion
11-29-16, 05:47 AM
@ogreve when they announced the magic set they only showed the 3, so you got them all.. Not sure if another will be released in the future, but they sure could since not every element was used to combine with magic :) Glad you were able to pick up a lot of nice habitats since since your breeding time was restricted with storybook!

Eluzyion
11-29-16, 05:48 AM
Winter Equifox
:o LUCKY!!! I want that one, and have wanted it since I first say it o.o Beautiful design!!!!

I hope you're able to get it before it's gone again!

ogreve
11-29-16, 07:48 AM
@Eluzion: Thanks!
I had somehow missed that announcement with the three habitats; possibly it was posted here, and I haven't been here much this year. :P
How odd that only three of them were announced. Maybe a 4th one is reserved for "something special", a thing yet to be decided/designed by S8...
For those looking for aesthetic beauty: a Big Nature habitat goes nicely in the 'south spot'.

Eluzyion
11-29-16, 08:34 AM
No luck breeding either equifox, the two I really wanted. Thanks to trying for the zodiac I haven't had chance to breed much at all.

I feel bad for those that were still trying for zodiac or in storybook where you have to have the breeding den open to breed, they didn't get to try for limited time animals very much.. Bad timing on s8 part.. They should've had leaderboard going instead of storybook so people could breed freely and it actually count toward leaderboard milestones!

rasike
11-29-16, 08:39 AM
I was lucky to get the Winter Equifox when I tried for Conducktor. I put Lightning Leopard (electric) and Frostfang (water) together and got 19 hours. I wonder what animal will I get, since I can not find any electric water animal with this breeding time. Has anyone an idea what animal it could be?

Eluzyion
11-29-16, 08:45 AM
I was lucky to get the Winter Equifox when I tried for Conducktor. I put Lightning Leopard (electric) and Frostfang (water) together and got 19 hours. I wonder what animal will I get, since I can not find any electric water animal with this breeding time. Has anyone an idea what animal it could be?

Athletigator is w/elec 19 hours :)

rasike
11-29-16, 08:47 AM
Athletigator is w/elec 19 hours :)

Thank you very much! It will me my second Athletigator, maybe I will keep him as a baby :)

Silverrain1
11-29-16, 10:35 AM
Winter Equifox

I really wanted that one to and got exactly none

Silverrain1
11-29-16, 10:38 AM
I feel bad for those that were still trying for zodiac or in storybook where you have to have the breeding den open to breed, they didn't get to try for limited time animals very much.. Bad timing on s8 part.. They should've had leaderboard going instead of storybook so people could breed freely and it actually count toward leaderboard milestones!

My breeding den was full with 3 ultra rates. Wish I got more time! Btw I tried to send you a pm but your inbox is full lol.

Eluzyion
11-29-16, 10:43 AM
My breeding den was full with 3 ultra rates. Wish I got more time! Btw I tried to send you a pm but your inbox is full lol.

Oh lol I didn't know there was a cap so I hadn't deleted anything since I started here and DS! Inbox should be clear now :)

Silverrain1
11-29-16, 11:26 AM
Oh lol I didn't know there was a cap so I hadn't deleted anything since I started here and DS! Inbox should be clear now :)

I only recently discovered the cap to!

Silverrain1
11-29-16, 12:01 PM
Wish I got a gem sale before these expire and throw in a few more tries.

poofyena
11-29-16, 12:07 PM

I totally agree with this. At least the breeding would have counted towards leaderboard points instead of just being intensely frustrating. I honestly just wanted the Equifoxes and Parade Pony. There's just to much going on at once.
All not lost though, managed to breed an Alethtigator so that's a new one for me.

Sakrysta
11-29-16, 08:39 PM
That was me. The only Black Friday animal I bred was a Papa Penguin that I got by chance trying for the Rockadile for the Sagittarius (which I never did get).

saucysammis
11-29-16, 08:50 PM
Congrats to all who got so many new creatures.

I got my Sagittarius, along with a new Sea Lion. Now I have a mystery egg on the nest.... it was 22 hours electric water and I hope I don't already have whatever it's going to be.

I really wanted the equifoxes and the tree frog! I didn't speed though and so I am going without. I'm only ok with it because It bothers me that they aren't called solstifoxes since they are the summer and winter ones. I was tempted to get a sale habitat but I passed since I have already collected one of each and hope to have room for possible new winter habitats coming up.

Also... I'm so mad at myself as I was waiting to battle the last battle for the cobracopia and fell asleep and missed it !!!!! Shame on me!!!!

Eluzyion
11-29-16, 09:00 PM

I got my Sagittarius, along with a new Sea Lion. Now I have a mystery egg on the nest.... it was 22 hours electric water and I hope I don't already have whatever it's going to be.

I really wanted the equifoxes and the tree frog! I didn't speed though and so I am going without. I'm only ok with it because It bothers me that they aren't called solstifoxes since they are the summer and winter ones. I was tempted to get a sale habitat but I passed since I have already collected one of each and hope to have room for possible new winter habitats coming up.

Also... I'm so mad at myself as I was waiting to battle the last battle for the cobracopia and fell asleep and missed it !!!!! Shame on me!!!!

I think your mystery egg may be tortice , no that's dark/water, probably not! lol. (Hippogryph) So sorry you missed cornucobra! Maybe it'll come back around later for you :)

Drachenia
11-29-16, 09:00 PM

Hello do not annoy, because of the storybook I could not breed here. You get the Hippogryph with water / electrics :D

Alideh
11-29-16, 11:47 PM
I only got the athletegator :/ (probably spelt it wrong) Happy I at least got one new Expired animal but
Was hoping for one of the Dark & Water combo's that I don't have or the beautiful Winter Equifox :( Till next time Beautiful creature, till next time!

Alideh
11-29-16, 11:50 PM

Although I am grateful they let us be able to breed them, I also agree :/ The timing was a bit bad. I thankfully had already gotten the beautiful Zodiac animal by then but I had to breed a conductor and then hatch the Mad hatter so that took away sometime :/
Hope they give us another chance at those animals o.o

ogreve
11-30-16, 04:05 AM
Well, breeding for the limited animals totally messed up my efforts for the storybook.
I've been stuck for days on the "Breed a Conducktor" step. I did decide to 'shoot with coarse grain' at it all, by brewing up a nice cocktail of gem-water-dark-electric, so I could have a good shot at a lot of the limited BF animals, as well as on the common Conducktor. The second to last breeding gave a 13 hours timer, but much to my surprise a so-manyth Beegull egg went to the nest. Not good. Fortunately, in the final hour I could do one more breeding, and using the same ingredients I got a 19 hours timer!
The last 3 hours of it were just sped and I was very happy to see an Athletigator egg go to the nest! Not as cool as the Parade Pony that was my favourite, but at least I managed to 'snipe' one of the limited animals, without speeding for it! :)
The breeding after it was done with a less risky mix: Frostfang + Citrine Peregrin. It gave the needed 13 hours timer.
Being nearly gemless now, I'll have a bit of a puzzle to solve for catching up with the storybook. Good thing that the Mad Hatter is already an epic now. And... I've obtained quite some experience with catching up due to having bred several gem hybrids during previous storybooks. Game on! :)

Overall spoken this installment of Black Friday gave me a bunch of good stuff. Bummer that the Nightmare wasn't available though. I hope it returns soon, as a breedable animal with a good gem-bought sale option (I saw the 14,99 Euros value pack for it a little while ago, but I never buy those).

I hope everyone else also got good deals during these BF sales.

saucysammis
11-30-16, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the suggestions... I must have read my timer wrong - it was an electrocutie! I am pretty happy about this !