PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Sales are coming soon!

[S8] Regina
11-23-16, 12:18 PM
~Check back Friday for amazing deals!~

Check the following for updates:
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/dragonstoryapp)
Twitter (https://twitter.com/dragonstory)

http://imgur.com/W3OSewS.png

Natasha_07
11-24-16, 05:51 AM
I hope we get gold producing dragons on sale too! :)

belarica
11-24-16, 06:31 AM
Can you post updates here, on the forums too? :) I don't use those social media sites.

comeseecomesah
11-24-16, 09:06 AM
Can you post updates here, on the forums too? :) I don't use those social media sites.

Nor do I so yes pleeease

farmday0123
11-24-16, 10:17 AM
Sale all diamonds type please, tired of chasing them

busybee222
11-24-16, 08:28 PM
Yes, gold producing dragons please....

missourijan
11-25-16, 06:47 AM
Is it not Friday??? I see no sales.

lenasdinner
11-25-16, 06:57 AM
Is it not Friday??? I see no sales.

maybe you should wait update time......

Natasha_07
11-25-16, 07:00 AM
I thought it would be like other years, the sale for me usually started at midnight. :)

I guess we will have to wait until update time which for me is next 5 hours, the wait...!

bravewarrior
11-25-16, 09:38 AM
It's 10:30 and I believe it's Friday. What gives? Did the person in charge of the Black Friday sale decide to go shopping instead hitting the button for us.
Seriously, I work in retail advertising and if you mean to start the sale at noon Pacific, then half your audience around the world went to bed or have spent their money elsewhere.

belarica
11-25-16, 10:08 AM
It's 10:30 and I believe it's Friday. What gives? Did the person in charge of the Black Friday sale decide to go shopping instead hitting the button for us.
Seriously, I work in retail advertising and if you mean to start the sale at noon Pacific, then half your audience around the world went to bed or have spent their money elsewhere.

S8 headquarters are in California, its only 9am there. Hang in there, people!

orson92
11-25-16, 10:16 AM
I agree with brave warrior..because of all the time differences, they should have started the sale a lot earlier than they are..do they expect players all around the world to stay up for their sale..as I recall the sale was not as good last year as it had been in earlier years of the game

belarica
11-25-16, 10:35 AM
I personally don't expect anyone to get to the office earlier to push an update on a traditionally non-update day, even if it's "Black Friday". The real sale everyone's waiting for will probably be on Monday anyways, so I'm ok with the team spending their morning with family. :)

bravewarrior
11-25-16, 10:55 AM
I personally don't expect anyone to get to the office earlier to push an update on a traditionally non-update day, even if it's "Black Friday". The real sale everyone's waiting for will probably be on Monday anyways, so I'm ok with the team spending their morning with family. :)

I was not serious about someone sitting in the office to push the button at midnight. I would hope it was programed several months ago to automatically trigger up. Black Friday is way too big to wait until noon pacific. I've already done some on-line shopping today and the budget of allotted dollars is dwindling.

belarica
11-25-16, 11:13 AM
I highly doubt this was planned months ago, events come so fast in this game they're used to working under a tight deadline. Updates are always at 10:30 California time, and I'm pretty sure the sale last year came at 10:30 too.

jaymieb2
11-25-16, 11:16 AM
Fifteen more minutes!

Okay, how about now?

belarica
11-25-16, 11:40 AM
It's nice there's so many on sale, and also breedable until the 29th :o

Xyn25
11-25-16, 11:48 AM
It's nice there's so many on sale, and also breedable until the 29th :o
Are they really breedable?? If so I'm starting to try like, right now!

belarica
11-25-16, 11:50 AM
Are they really breedable?? If so I'm starting to try like, right now!

The pop up said they are :)

777Xenon
11-25-16, 11:54 AM
No gold type sales though?? :'(
I got my hopes up.

random59
11-25-16, 11:57 AM
I got my hopes up.

The Gold dragons normally appear Monday, there is still hope:)

belarica
I got my hopes up.

They were on sale on cyber Monday last year, so don't give up yet

kimandamelia
Wow! What a great sale! Compared to Bakery and Restaurant, this is awesome! Except for the gold sale prices, what is going on there?

lenasdinner
11-25-16, 11:59 AM
wooow there are so many......where to start???

knowitnot
11-25-16, 12:05 PM
Too bad I don't have any room for more dragons or habitats....

Natasha_07
11-25-16, 12:34 PM
This must be the biggest sale this year across the story games, think I'll save my gold for the gold dragons on Monday though. I hope they bring back all the older ones, I didn't have enough gold when they were 400 gold earlier this year.

So I'm really really hoping to be able to buy the 3 older ones. :)

I didn't see any holiday habitats on sale, still have time even if they go on sale a couple weeks before Christmas, don't know how I'm going to rearrange to accommodate them should they be offered. :p

Shar33
11-25-16, 12:34 PM
Too bad I don't have any room for more dragons or habitats....

True story. I wonder how many habitats sales they are loosing out on because so many cannot place another habitat. I know quite a few people who are furious at TL, myself included. They got the winter, spring and summer habitats on sale now too. Oh well something that's supposed to be a good thing is punishment for the users who have no room because they buy everything.

belarica
11-25-16, 12:35 PM
I wish the petal plateau would've come back on sale :(

777Xenon
11-25-16, 01:15 PM
They were on sale on cyber Monday last year, so don't give up yet

This is my first time seeing a Black Friday sale here, so that's good to know. I'll not purchase anything now, but hopefully I'll have some gold left over after purchasing a Gold Type (hopefully White Gold, she's absolutely beautiful).

Will the other things that are on sale now still be on sale on Cyber Monday? I assume yes but I want to be sure.

AnglChk507
11-25-16, 01:25 PM
I can not decide which dragon out of the list I like on what to try for any help on picking?

Bengal
Vinecrawler
Hypnosis
Toxic
Chroma
Ballet
Mosaic

I'm not about to buy everyone or try for each one I was thinking 2 tops maybe

belarica
11-25-16, 02:15 PM
I can not decide which dragon out of the list I like on what to try for any help on picking?

Bengal
Vinecrawler
Hypnosis
Toxic
Chroma
Ballet
Mosaic

From your list, I would try for bengal or toxic :) personally I'm going for deep sea, dark naga and thunderstorm.

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
11-25-16, 02:48 PM
Does anyone remember the prices on the GP Dragon for last years Cyber Monday?

Natasha_07
11-25-16, 02:51 PM
Does anyone remember the prices on the GP Dragon for last years Cyber Monday?

I think it was 800 gold if I'm not mistaken.

777Xenon
11-25-16, 02:52 PM

Bengal
Vinecrawler
Hypnosis
Toxic
Chroma
Ballet
Mosaic

I'd go with Ballet and either Toxic or Vinecrawler (I already have Vinecrawler, but she's beautiful).

sionidra
11-25-16, 02:55 PM

Bengal
Vinecrawler
Hypnosis
Toxic
Chroma
Ballet
Mosaic

I love my Chroma, she is an absolutely awesome fighter.

glenngenius
11-25-16, 03:00 PM
Until when is the sale for habitats? I might buy all the four seasons habitat as the price is a good grab! :)

Edit: And oh, not to mention the premium diamond habitat, too! :)

Shar33
11-25-16, 03:22 PM
Until when is the sale for habitats? I might buy all the four seasons habitat as the price is a good grab! :)

Be careful. You buy to many and you'll put yourself in a corner and not be able to buy any more habitats when you're out of land

RhodryMaelwaedd
11-25-16, 04:03 PM

Ends 11/29 at 10.30 AM PST

JetteG
11-25-16, 04:05 PM
Does anybody know when the sale for Quasar ends?

AnglChk507
11-25-16, 04:13 PM
Thank u so much for input!!! I chose three Ima try to breed bengal but I will buy vine and chrom worst case I get two new dragons best case I get the three

JMThrive
11-25-16, 04:48 PM
Be careful. You buy to many and you'll put yourself in a corner and not be able to buy any more habitats when you're out of land

That happened to me. I am out of land to place habitats.

DR0G0N
11-25-16, 04:50 PM
So many choices..., but the three I like are:

1. Koi
2. Hypnosis
3. Circuit (this one would probably be the hardest since I don't have one pure black type)

Really glad that there's a chance to breed these, it's slim, but better than none.

Eluzyion
11-25-16, 04:54 PM
So far I've gotten Dark Naga x2 (deleted 3rd one), Behemoth, Chroma (ones I didn't have) and trying for Quasar and Koi .. Diamond temple activated

777Xenon
11-25-16, 05:14 PM
I just want Circuit and Koi, maybe Thunderstorm and/or Dark Naga, I'm not going to waste time on Quasar since he's not limited, I'll go for him later.

pliskin257
11-25-16, 05:53 PM
I spected food and bomb dragons to be on sale :(

Eluzyion
11-25-16, 05:54 PM
I just want Circuit and Koi, maybe Thunderstorm and/or Dark Naga, I'm not going to waste time on Quasar since he's not limited, I'll go for him later.

I thought about that too, I'm hoping breeding success is higher right now so giving quasar and dark angel a shot.. Won't waste too much time on them since they do stay but worth a shot ;)

belarica
11-25-16, 06:03 PM
I spected food and bomb dragons to be on sale :(

Theres always cyber Monday :)

monbohn
11-25-16, 07:57 PM
Wow! What a great sale! Compared to Bakery and Restaurant, this is awesome! Except for the gold sale prices, what is going on there?

I wondered about that too. My supposed 30% off sale has the numbers wrong. I only buy my gold during the sales so I noticed the different price right away....and then double checked with a calculator just to be sure. And in FFS it's not even a straight 30% off....only the bigger packages are 30%, then the lower ones are 10% and 20% off. So I'll just use what I already have...I'm not buying any more. :/

Edit: After visiting someone I came back to find my sale is different now....now it's like FFS where the smaller packs are only 10% and 20% and larger ones are 30%. Is it weird that my sale changed? O.o

missbandette
11-25-16, 07:57 PM
So are the sales until cyber Monday or just today? I hope that doesn't sound dumb!

Edit: I finally got the pop up timer that said until 11/29.

Denfarm9
11-25-16, 07:58 PM
I am so happy. I bought the big diamond habitat and temple , wish fully thinking since they are on sale, and then it happened hit that free boost ... first time attempt .. BAM 44 hr timer. Woo-hoo.

glenngenius
11-25-16, 09:50 PM
Ends 11/29 at 10.30 AM PST

Thank you! Will buy the habitats on the last day of sale. :)

glenngenius
11-25-16, 09:52 PM

Thanks for the reminder! :) Will keep that in mind. I might delete 4 diamond fields in exchange of 1 premium diamond habitat (since it holds 4 dragons). :)

PinkBubbles75
11-25-16, 10:39 PM
I'll probably try for dark naga, vinecrawler, seahorse, chroma, ballet, & wildheart. Let's see if I even get one of them lol

JetteG
11-26-16, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the reminder! :) Will keep that in mind. I might delete 4 diamond fields in exchange of 1 premium diamond habitat (since it holds 4 dragons). :)
I thought about that too. But 4 diamond fields takes up the same space as 1 premiun diamond habitat, therefore you will not increase the number of dragons per 16 squares -sorry ��
I will rather use my gold for breeding instead.

Florr06
11-26-16, 02:44 AM
I think I will try for Psychedelic, Koi and Deep Freeze. So many cute dragons, so hard to choose :)

meoconlunar
11-26-16, 08:50 AM
I got Thunderstorm with Night x Peacock
got Hypnosis with Metal x Illusion.

belarica
11-26-16, 09:06 AM
I thought about that too. But 4 diamond fields takes up the same space as 1 premiun diamond habitat, therefore you will not increase the number of dragons per 16 squares -sorry ��
I will rather use my gold for breeding instead.

Using the 4 dragon habitat will free up 3 habitats from the limit though :)

JetteG
11-26-16, 10:09 AM
Using the 4 dragon habitat will free up 3 habitats from the limit though :)

I know. What is the limit?
I'm level 180.

AnglChk507
11-26-16, 12:09 PM
I got chroma and ballet so far I really really want vine or bengal but those two are not very successful in my speed breeding mofo lol

Shar33
11-26-16, 12:26 PM
I know. What is the limit?
I'm level 180.

That won't matter in the end because there's about 10 extra habitats in the cap that can't even be placed anyway

AnglChk507
11-26-16, 12:40 PM
Somehow managed to breed a behemoth even though I didn't have purple or yellow in the dragons I used???? How is this possible???

Florr06
11-26-16, 12:42 PM
Somehow managed to breed a behemoth even though I didn't have purple or yellow in the dragons I used???? How is this possible???

What combination did you use?

FireballFarm
11-26-16, 01:05 PM
Royal or Cosmic dragons would add both yellow and purple to the pool. Black types add purple, Mythic types can add yellow, Peacock has yellow as a hidden color...there are many not-so-straight forward ways it could have happened.

31aug2002
11-26-16, 02:07 PM
Is the Quasar breedable. If so what are the combinations one can use???

belarica
11-26-16, 02:11 PM
Is the Quasar breedable. If so what are the combinations one can use???

Yes it is. I would use Anubis or gold x cosmic/Saturn/eclipse. Good luck!!

31aug2002
11-26-16, 02:25 PM
Thank you. :)

AnglChk507
11-26-16, 03:18 PM
I used the pink uni diamond girl and quetzal they green and diamond boy

I was trying for the vine girl lol

jjblueyes
11-26-16, 04:08 PM
That won't matter in the end because there's about 10 extra habitats in the cap that can't even be placed anyway

Yes if you are someone who already has upgraded the habs to 4 spot ones and no land left you have no ability to do anything. I know that's hard to believe but there are players who have played long enough and well enough that they truly are stuck. That stinks.
I have a very little bit of wiggle room but not much. I have almost 670 beasts on my island and so many eggs in storage.
As much work as it will be to make more room it's work that needs to be done so that everyone can play and particate in these fun sales.

DR0G0N
11-26-16, 05:53 PM
Not sure if some of you notice, but there's habitats that's only for 80 gold (3 dragon habitat). :]

Eluzyion
11-26-16, 06:53 PM

Thank you so much for posting this! I've been using diamond or infinity with cosmic or Saturn.. I tried Anubis with cosmic and just now..40 hour timer! 1st try with that combo! :) oh wait, that could be Anubis huh? :/ I guess I'll find out in 40 hours lol

AwesomeChefDad
11-26-16, 08:53 PM
Purchased the Quasar since I cannot breed a diamond hybrid, the system never allows even if I try for a month..

Also purchased over 25 habitat upgrades, spent more than I wanted but its ok...

CuteTali
11-27-16, 10:32 AM
I just bred something that's 29 hours long. Any idea what it is? There isn't a single egg on the egg chart with this timer.

belarica
11-27-16, 10:37 AM
I just bred something that's 29 hours long. Any idea what it is? There isn't a single egg on the egg chart with this timer.

Hypnosis, I bet.

CuteTali
11-27-16, 10:40 AM
Hypnosis, I bet.

Yep. I just googled up every single dragon from the special sale and Hypnosis is the only one with a 29 HR timer. Thanks.

CuteTali
11-27-16, 10:41 AM
Yep. I just googled up every single dragon from the special sale and Hypnosis is the only one with a 29 HR timer. Thanks.

Oh and it looks like I already have that one somehow, meh...wasting my breeding den.

belarica
11-27-16, 04:49 PM
Thank you so much for posting this! I've been using diamond or infinity with cosmic or Saturn.. I tried Anubis with cosmic and just now..40 hour timer! 1st try with that combo! :) oh wait, that could be Anubis huh? :/ I guess I'll find out in 40 hours lol

I'm curious what you got :) fingers crossed for you

ksbmommy
11-27-16, 05:34 PM
Purchased the Quasar since I cannot breed a diamond hybrid, the system never allows even if I try for a month..

Also purchased over 25 habitat upgrades, spent more than I wanted but its ok...

Yeah, I just bought it too, I try for hybrids and get them but they are the same ones I already have (can you say 5 golds and 4 Angels). I also upgraded my habitats, land is tight right now but I have a place for everyone with room to spare. Just need to reorganize them tonight.

DR0G0N
11-27-16, 10:40 PM
Was aiming for the Koi dragon, but got Fireflash instead as a fail from breeding Phantom and Light.

zaaracake
11-28-16, 04:34 AM
When's the sale on gold producing dragons? I mean, I know it's usually Monday..but isn't it Monday yet? It is for me...

ksbmommy
11-28-16, 05:09 AM
When's the sale on gold producing dragons? I mean, I know it's usually Monday..but isn't it Monday yet? It is for me...

Usually things don't start until 10:30am PST since S8 is in California. I'm anxiously waiting for a post to tell us something, anything is actually coming. I'd rather know it's coming and obsess about it then wait and not know, lol!

zaaracake
11-28-16, 05:22 AM
Usually things don't start until 10:30am PST since S8 is in California. I'm anxiously waiting for a post to tell us something, anything is actually coming. I'd rather know it's coming and obsess about it then wait and not know, lol!

@ksbmommy, I know the feeling! Between this and the fact that I'm still pushing (hoping against hope) for Huntress...it's gonna be a long sleepless night...

glenngenius
11-28-16, 05:51 AM
So far, I bought a premium diamond habitat and I bred a behemoth and vinecrawler. :)

I can't wait for the Cyber Monday sale. I really hope there is a GPD sale!!! :)

zaaracake
11-28-16, 09:27 AM
I can't wait for the Cyber Monday sale. I really hope there is a GPD sale!!! :)

There will be. There always has been in the past. Plus S8 are being extra nice this year...definitely so in Bakery Story.

amerirish
11-28-16, 11:24 AM
I was able to breed Dizzy (YAY!) and Aether (boo, already have one) but spent my gold on some habitats. Got all 4 seasonal and another Shimmering Shrine :)

Got to say that boosted breeding hasn't done much for me this weekend. Got at least 3 Love's trying for Circuit :(

random59
11-28-16, 11:33 AM
Bought Quasar and the seasons habitats. Managed to breed Emperor, Emberglow, Circuit and one I have forgotten the name of. Another pretty Unicorn, one can never have enough of that one and Another ABUBIS, I don't believe how easy this diamond is to breed, it is ridiculous. I have bred 4 trying for Royal Crown along with 2 Gold grrh!

DragonPhoenix6
11-28-16, 11:45 AM
Where are the GPDs sale? I am heartbroken! :(

belarica
11-28-16, 11:50 AM
Where are the GPDs sale? I am heartbroken! :(

It's a seriously missed opportunity on S8s part. I was expecting gold, bomb, dynamite, map and food dragon sales for today. Guess I'm gonna keep my money.

DragonPhoenix6
11-28-16, 11:52 AM
I seriously hope that the sales are just late but they are coming! It is extremely unfair to have GPDs sales all the previous years and not this year, I have started playing this game in January this year and I have been waiting ever since for this sale! :mad:

missourijan
11-28-16, 11:57 AM
I seriously hope that the sales are just late but they are coming! It is extremely unfair to have GPDs sales all the previous years and not this year, I have started playing this game in January this year and I have been waiting ever since for this sale! :mad:
So disappointed. Your cyber Monday gift is a new leaderboard event. I am seriously done spending my money on this game.

Eluzyion
11-28-16, 12:12 PM
Wierd.. Hope they're not expecting us to use our saved gold on the leaderboard tomorrow instead of GPD we were waiting for...

graovac
11-28-16, 12:24 PM
Wierd.. Hope they're not expecting us to use our saved gold on the leaderboard tomorrow instead of GPD we were waiting for...

Of course they are...after all we talking about storm!

I refused to use gold on hountes tales and it was really nice prize. Kinda expected this coming from them ($torm)...
Also frostwolf advantage is marketing...use your gold!

saghaven
11-28-16, 12:33 PM
I'm hoping they're late but it's been almost an hour. So I'm assuming there is no Cyber Monday sale and they've just made the BF sales available through today. That's ridiculous as I bet a lot of people held on to their gold with the hopes for GPD on sale today.

Well, I'll invest in some habitats. With only a couple of exceptions, all the dragons on sale I either have already or don't want. I just bred a Unicorn as my temple is activated so I threw Prime Eternal and Knightmare in to see what I'd get. First time the temple worked for me honestly. LOL So now I have to decide do I want to just buy Quasar or do I wait to try to breed while the temple is still active.

Bastiaan0
11-28-16, 12:58 PM
So far I've upgraded some basic habitats. Not going to buy dragons.
Trying to breed Black Pearl, no luck so far, but at least it got me a new dragon, Troll :)

FireballFarm
11-28-16, 12:59 PM
It's a seriously missed opportunity on S8s part. I was expecting gold, bomb, dynamite, map and food dragon sales for today. Guess I'm gonna keep my money.
Yep. I was ready make a large gold purchase today and buy 2 GPDs, despite misgivings brought on by the recent changes to the game. I was also going to do some habitat upgrades with the gold leftover after purchasing my GPDs. Instead, I will keep all my money.

After reading Eluzyion's comment something hit me: Leaderboards and Bingo are probably exactly the reason why GPDs aren't on sale this year. They want players repeatedly purchasing gold every week for these fundraiser events, and not using saved gold. Smh. This is (yet another) bad decision that will likely send even more players running for the hills. It feels like DS is being slowly strangled to death by the weight of these events and the relentless, off-putting pressure for more and more sales. It's really a shame.

zaaracake
11-28-16, 01:47 PM
Ah well, since I'm not gonna spend gold on GPDs I went ahead and sped up, "*****ed" on the last coupla battles for Huntress...I'm terrible at battling anyway and now I've got that gorgeous expensive she devil in storage...I'm wiped out...got no food, no energy left for anything the game throws at me next. I had no idea finishing an event was this difficult. I spent around 200 gold to get her, but 150 of that was purely bad food planning on my part (started event too early)....
Still...my first earned champion! Woot!

belarica
11-28-16, 03:00 PM
Ah well, since I'm not gonna spend gold on GPDs I went ahead and sped up, "*****ed" on the last coupla battles for Huntress...I'm terrible at battling anyway and now I've got that gorgeous expensive she devil in storage...I'm wiped out...got no food, no energy left for anything the game throws at me next. I had no idea finishing an event was this difficult. I spent around 200 gold to get her, but 150 of that was purely bad food planning on my part (started event too early)....
Still...my first earned champion! Woot!
Congratulations :) 200 gold for a champion is a good deal!

PKmonTCG
11-28-16, 03:51 PM
I have been saving my gold for a whole year, waiting for the GPD sale, only to not have it happen? They could have at least told us beforehand! Seriously dissapointed, will still play the game, but nowhere near as aggressively as before. I liked this game for the challenge it posed for non IAP players, but taking away the only way we can survive in this game? Uncalled for.

RocioBM
11-28-16, 04:39 PM
Terrible news. I saved gold since Cyber Monday 2015 to buy the GPD this year :( I didn't buy lots of habitats focusing in the gold dragons ... Sad

PaternosterGang
11-28-16, 05:04 PM
RocioBM, I did exactly the same thing. I'm not very happy right now.

missourijan
11-28-16, 05:56 PM
Yep. I was ready make a large gold purchase today and buy 2 GPDs, despite misgivings brought on by the recent changes to the game. I was also going to do some habitat upgrades with the gold leftover after purchasing my GPDs. Instead, I will keep all my money.

After reading Eluzyion's comment something hit me: Leaderboards and Bingo are probably exactly the reason why GPDs aren't on sale this year. They want players repeatedly purchasing gold every week for these fundraiser events, and not using saved gold. Smh. This is (yet another) bad decision that will likely send even more players running for the hills. It feels like DS is being slowly strangled to death by the weight of these events and the relentless, off-putting pressure for more and more sales. It's really a shame.
Greed is never a good thing.

zaaracake
11-28-16, 10:45 PM
Congratulations :) 200 gold for a champion is a good deal!

@belarica, thanks! I know, right?

Natasha_07
11-29-16, 06:51 AM
So disappointed with the no go cyber Monday GPD sales. :(

jjblueyes
11-29-16, 08:50 AM
Warning: Anyone who hates rants please skip my post and move on to the next one.

It stinks. Anyone reading the threads going all the way back to last year should know that there's a boat load of players who missed out on the sale last cyber Monday and were planning on saving the entire year and getting in on the action this time around. It stinks enough how they up the cost of things from year to year and the bottom line seems to be driving ALL, instead of happy customers being the focus... but this was surprising. The company made a lot of sales last year and made customers happy.

I wouldn't have been able to place a gpd this year.....I have 3 full gold habitats and I'm up against the wall with room but many people would've been thrilled and I have 3 full habitats of them, many do not. Technically I could've made it work but I'm at a place in this game where I have tough choices. Landlock myself for one dragon on a spot that could hold 3/4 or get to play a little bit longer. I wish I had more wiggle room but I don't. I had to stop trying for the breedable sale dragons because I was having good luck and no place to put my spoils! I started having to sell commons and make room wherever I could. Which isn't a lot.
Frustrating.
As someone stated just a page or 2 back, communication is a huge issue. If someone had let people know that cyber Monday wasn't going to happen at all I think we would have sad folks but people would have been prepared and not as angry as some are. Not blaming mods- they can only tell us what they know. I do think at least answering the questions many have with "I don't know" would help with the frustration.
I'm saddened to see this game I've loved for sooo long continue down this road of alienating the very ones who make it possible for the game to thrive.
It's been a long time coming but it's been changing for years and it's not for the better. I myself would have got more habitat upgrades had they stayed the same price as we got a few years ago. Everything was 150 gold. When you have folks who can't play that's an awesome thing to do. I had no problem paying that and I spent a lot at the time doing it. When that price was raised last year I didn't buy a one. I had to get a few this year just to continue playing but had they done the 150 again I would've gone hog wild I'm sure.
This is beyond needing to make a profit or having to pass on a price increase due to higher production prices, this is and has been about squeezing as much as they can. I know it's backfing with me and many others. I was a big gold spender. I happily supported the game and would have continued. The game I once played was completely worth supporting and earned my business.
I won't play the bingo, I won't buy your gold and I won't play the way I once did.
Someone needs to design an ostrich with his head buried in the sand dragon and name it TL/S8.

Yes it's a 4 page blabber post. I apologize.

glenngenius
11-29-16, 09:09 AM
There will be. There always has been in the past. Plus S8 are being extra nice this year...definitely so in Bakery Story.

Apparently, no cyber monday sale. That sucks. :(

FieldsLikeB
11-29-16, 09:16 AM
My little Paisley Dragon just hatched! Thank you, Storm 8! I love my wee old fashioned dragon!

DragonPhoenix6
11-29-16, 09:56 AM
Warning: Anyone who hates rants please skip my post and move on to the next one.

It stinks. Anyone reading the threads going all the way back to last year should know that there's a boat load of players who missed out on the sale last cyber Monday and were planning on saving the entire year and getting in on the action this time around. It stinks enough how they up the cost of things from year to year and the bottom line seems to be driving ALL, instead of happy customers being the focus... but this was surprising. The company made a lot of sales last year and made customers happy.

I wouldn't have been able to place a gpd this year.....I have 3 full gold habitats and I'm up against the wall with room but many people would've been thrilled and I have 3 full habitats of them, many do not. Technically I could've made it work but I'm at a place in this game where I have tough choices. Landlock myself for one dragon on a spot that could hold 3/4 or get to play a little bit longer. I wish I had more wiggle room but I don't. I had to stop trying for the breedable sale dragons because I was having good luck and no place to put my spoils! I started having to sell commons and make room wherever I could. Which isn't a lot.
Frustrating.
As someone stated just a page or 2 back, communication is a huge issue. If someone had let people know that cyber Monday wasn't going to happen at all I think we would have sad folks but people would have been prepared and not as angry as some are. Not blaming mods- they can only tell us what they know. I do think at least answering the questions many have with "I don't know" would help with the frustration.
I'm saddened to see this game I've loved for sooo long continue down this road of alienating the very ones who make it possible for the game to thrive.
It's been a long time coming but it's been changing for years and it's not for the better. I myself would have got more habitat upgrades had they stayed the same price as we got a few years ago. Everything was 150 gold. When you have folks who can't play that's an awesome thing to do. I had no problem paying that and I spent a lot at the time doing it. When that price was raised last year I didn't buy a one. I had to get a few this year just to continue playing but had they done the 150 again I would've gone hog wild I'm sure.
This is beyond needing to make a profit or having to pass on a price increase due to higher production prices, this is and has been about squeezing as much as they can. I know it's backfing with me and many others. I was a big gold spender. I happily supported the game and would have continued. The game I once played was completely worth supporting and earned my business.
I won't play the bingo, I won't buy your gold and I won't play the way I once did.
Someone needs to design an ostrich with his head buried in the sand dragon and name it TL/S8.

Yes it's a 4 page blabber post. I apologize.

I agree 100%! It is revolting! No GPDs sale for new players, no land for old players, it is revolting! I have 2 islands and I started playing this game in January this year and I have waited 11 months to buy GPDs on Cyber Monday, as I know that they were on sale on the previous 4 years on Cyber Monday, I am very very heartbroken and upset!

DragonPhoenix6
11-29-16, 09:59 AM
I have been buying gold for many months for the GPDs sale on Cyber Monday and I have saved around 6,000 gold pieces in each of my islands, months of planning and all of that for nothing! :mad:

meoconlunar
11-29-16, 10:08 AM
My little Paisley Dragon just hatched! Thank you, Storm 8! I love my wee old fashioned dragon!

congrats, I bred 4 island dragons and some other dragons when trying for Paisley... no Paisley for me :)

zaaracake
11-29-16, 10:32 AM
@dragonphoenix6, glenngenius...I totally feel ya! I'm nowhere near 6000 gold (woohoo for you dragonphoenix6) but I had about 1000 gold saved to buy two @400 or at least one @600, leaving something over for habi spend...but...
But there's still Christmas...
After all, it's Xmas...we sure can hope for a bumper GPD sale. It's all we got.

saghaven
11-29-16, 10:45 AM
I only invested in the 4 seasons habitats. Figured they'd be the most useful, especially with space at a premium. With Quasar on sale until Friday I still have time to try to breed it. I debated just buying Circuit since my trying to breed it got me a Unicorn (yay!) but I don't want to blow all my gold because it'll be just like S8 for players to spend it all on this sale and then turn around and put the GPD on sale for Christmas.

jjblueyes
11-29-16, 10:53 AM
I agree 100%! It is revolting! No GPDs sale for new players, no land for old players, it is revolting! I have 2 islands and I started playing this game in January this year and I have waited 11 months to buy GPDs on Cyber Monday, as I know that they were on sale on the previous 4 years on Cyber Monday, I am very very heartbroken and upset!

I understand. Not cool at all.:(

Natasha_07
11-29-16, 11:36 AM
I have been buying gold for many months for the GPDs sale on Cyber Monday and I have saved around 6,000 gold pieces in each of my islands, months of planning and all of that for nothing! :mad:

Wow you got a lot of gold there! Just be careful with all that bundle and the 'accidents'.

I was looking out for the older GPD since early Monday morning, which never happened. These were on sale last time at 400 gold.

jacksusa
11-29-16, 09:50 PM
Wow you got a lot of gold there! Just be careful with all that bundle and the 'accidents'.

I was looking out for the older GPD since early Monday morning, which never happened. These were on sale last time at 400 gold.

No gold dragons. Well I am done, how about the rest of you?

jacksusa
11-29-16, 09:53 PM
:( :(

jacksusa
11-29-16, 10:08 PM
Wow! If you are the new marketing manager of Storm 8, give yourself a Big pat on the back! You have just lost me. Yahoo! I am gone. And many more of my kind, I'm sure. Good luck, you'll need it! Bye, bye!

jjblueyes
11-29-16, 10:19 PM
Wow! If you are the new marketing manager of Storm 8, give yourself a Big pat on the back! You have just lost me. Yahoo! I am gone. And many more of my kind, I'm sure. Good luck, you'll need it! Bye, bye!

:(

jacksusa
11-29-16, 10:24 PM
I agree. :(

Nikkook
11-29-16, 10:48 PM
Well, I spent on gold to buy habitats. Tried to get the shimmering shrine about 50 times but kicked out every time. More galling, they closed my ticket last week on my placing habitats problem because 'it was fixed ' grrrr.

jacksusa
11-30-16, 08:52 PM
Sorry, TL S8, whoever you are. You have just made a lot of us very unhappy. I will not spend another dime with you unless you start listening. I'm done.

jacksusa
11-30-16, 08:59 PM
I will not spend another penny unless S8 replies.

papalove1
11-30-16, 10:47 PM
This has been a problem for years. They say it's fixed to everyone. Yet it's never the truth.
I get bounced out usually 3 to 10 times until finally the habitat gets placed. What makes it more frustrating is that it takes sooooo long for the game to reboot. I can spend 30 min. just trying to buy 1 habitat. IOS works but I no longer have an IOS device.

jbyn4e
11-30-16, 11:29 PM
^^ We can confirm this as a problem - when putting habitat, game usualy crash. So frustating.

dragonfliesplace
12-01-16, 12:07 AM
I've been saving for an evo temple in the hope it goes on sale for 500. So far i have 420 lol, is it worth buying the temple for 60 gold which i would more than likely only use one time?

sherlock221bbaker
12-03-16, 01:28 AM
So the question I have is this. Will gold producing dragons get put on sale ever again?
Will new gold dragons outside of bingo appear and get put on sale as they have before, at similar prices?
And for those that want evolution temples will those get put on sale?
Because those that never managed to get any of those are disadvantaged in the game and now can never catch up with others.

If it's now all gone in the hope money is made out of bingo and things a lot of people will be disappointed.

Also leaderboard and other things are being duplicated in fantasy story and farm story 2

My attitude to bingo is if I wanted to play bingo I would download a bingo game.

And if the same things are in all the games that removes variety and interest and makes the games more robotic and monotonous

People play this game for fun and relaxation. Yes it becomes addictive. However if you bore people with monotony and make game goals unattainable you lose people.

Please keep variety and don't keep moving goalposts. I see many friends who have no gold dragons struggling with the game. They purchases things and still fail at goals and get frustrated.

Please keep variety in games.

I played dream city for a bit but could never complete goals and gave up. It needed some tweaking

The new dragons are fun. Lots going on with that.

Please be more creative and individual in games and not make them clones of each other

kooky panda
12-03-16, 02:39 PM
Closing thread since the Black Friday Sale is now over.