PDA

View Full Version : Sagittarius - 2016 Nov 22

Clark_Wayne
11-22-16, 01:13 PM
Sagittarius
More information on Sagittarius (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1454129&viewfull=1#post1454129) in Creatures Guide.

step 1 :
- plant spell melon x6 (skip : 45)
- collect proud pendants x12 (skip : 24)

step 2 :
- hatch a rockodile (water earth, 9h) (skip : 50 gems)
- feed rockodile x50 (skip : 112) (if you got a rockodile, you can feed it while try to breed one)
(remember to check your storage, in case you got one there )

step 3 :
- collect 72 pendants from farms (skip : 144)
- breed any 2 animals (it seems that you can choose whatever you want) (skip : 15)

step 4 :
- collect 60 pendants from farms (skip : 120)
- collect 18 stars from hatching (skip : 15)

reward : Sagittarius (Zodiac Fire, hatching 25h, evolving 25h)

Destiel0918
11-22-16, 01:22 PM
First task: Plant 6 Spell Melons. ( skip 45 gems)
Collect 12 Proud Pedants from hatching animals.

poofyena
11-22-16, 01:28 PM
Ok I have to say I love this animal. I am going to have to try for it, I just wish it wasn't going to interrupt my schedule for dubloon planting.

tahitii
11-22-16, 01:41 PM
Second task is hatch and feed 50 times a Rockodile (water earth 9 hours). Good luck everyone!

Cdnfroglover
11-22-16, 02:09 PM
It's pretty! Glad its not going on at the same time as a storybook. It stresses me out when we have more than one breeding task at a time! Hope its zodiac fire. Good Luck everyone!

Lisa0107
11-22-16, 02:29 PM
Check your storage for a rockadile. I have one in there which means I won him in a wheel game or some event. You might have one too

rasike
11-22-16, 02:32 PM
I think I am very lucky this time. I have a level 4 rockodile and 3 (!) rockodiles from Spin to Win in my inventory. So it should be very easy to get the new zodiac animal this time. I wish good luck to everyone!

Clark_Wayne
11-22-16, 02:35 PM
Check your storage for a rockadile. I have one in there which means I won him in a wheel game or some event. You might have one too

good advice ;)

Destiel0918
11-22-16, 03:17 PM
THANK YOU for posting this! I DO have one - but I never would have checked my storage...kind of used to keeping only super rare animals there.

Lisa0107
11-22-16, 04:20 PM
You are so welcome

pocopicasso
11-22-16, 05:03 PM
THANK YOU CLARK & everyone else for TIPS!

goddard7006
11-22-16, 05:08 PM
From storage onto the nest still counts as hatching, correct?

I really want to get this one since it's my wife's sign

Lisa0107
11-22-16, 05:34 PM
From storage onto the nest still counts as hatching, correct?

I really want to get this one since it's my wife's sign

Yes that counts. It has to hatch from your nest. It does not matter how it gets on your nest.

Eluzyion
11-22-16, 07:33 PM
Just a tip you may want to try.. Breed for Rockadile BEFORE you complete "plant spell melon 6x" once you get the 9 hour breeding then complete spell melons and move to next mission of "hatch a Rockadile" because I've found its easier to get the breeding before it actually calls for you to breed it, if that makes sense.. Got mine this way fairly quickly.. Good luck all! :)

Eluzyion
11-22-16, 07:34 PM
Thank you Clark_Wayne!

glenngenius
11-22-16, 07:58 PM
Just a tip you may want to try.. Breed for Rockadile BEFORE you complete "plant spell melon 6x" once you get the 9 hour breeding then complete spell melons and move to next mission of "hatch a Rockadile" because I've found its easier to get the breeding before it actually calls for you to breed it, if that makes sense.. Got mine this way fairly quickly.. Good luck all! :)

I agree with you. Although I got an 8hr instead of a 9hr, the odds might be higher if the task for breeding is not yet required.

comeseecomesah
11-22-16, 09:11 PM

rockodile[/B] (water earth, 9h) (skip : 50 gems)
- feed rockodile x50 (skip : 112) (if you got a rockodile, you can feed it while try to breed one)

Well, I always MEAN to check storage for hatching task animals but I always forget, so upon reading your reminders I went immediately to check storage......hahaaa I have 5 Rockodiles yeyy.
Thank you for posting. Never presume something is too obvious to post lol

Edit... oops I messed up post quote bracket stuff. Sorry The step 2 post was from Clark Wayne(all steps in post #1)

supermaay
11-22-16, 09:15 PM
Lucky to breed a Rockodile in the first try. It will be an easy one this time unlike the last round with Libra which I have to use gem to skip it. Good luck to everyone.

Alideh
11-22-16, 10:43 PM
Thank you for the steps!
I feel like I might be able to finally get this one! I thankfully had a rockodile in my storage from a spin the wheel prize. YES!
Waiting for that baby to hatch and see what.

wookiee77
11-22-16, 11:31 PM
*looks suspiciously at required steps*

Maybe I've been playing this and DS for too long as this seems a fair amount easier than previous ones? Saying that, I haven't bred a Rockodile yet, so I might very well get screwed over still :)

comeseecomesah
11-23-16, 12:12 AM
*looks suspiciously at required steps*

Maybe I've been playing this and DS for too long as this seems a fair amount easier than previous ones? Saying that, I haven't bred a Rockodile yet, so I might very well get screwed over still :)

Nothing is easy now!!! Lol is it just coincidence that when people have posted how easy something is...... S8 makes things harder. So....everything is so difficult, a REALL challenge, not sure if I can do it *looks sideways*

LauraGSJK
11-23-16, 01:36 AM
Thank you SO VERY much Clark Wayne and everyone else who posts their experiences and tips. Good luck all. :)

Silverrain1
11-23-16, 04:52 AM
Clarke Wayne thank you so much for the heads up on the steps and reminding me to check storage. I have one!

DirkDragon
11-23-16, 12:30 PM
Prior to yesterday, I had bred only one Rainguin. Trying to get a Rockodile, I've bred four in a row. Bit of program tweaking, perhaps?

klaudiaFirefly
11-23-16, 02:02 PM
DirkDragon: Same with me. I got only Rainguin or Turtisle, like for 5-6 times. Just few minutes ago I got Iciclaw. I bred all my water/stone animals and nothing :( I have no idea for combination for this Rockodile.

Cdnfroglover
11-23-16, 05:46 PM
DirkDragon: Same with me. I got only Rainguin or Turtisle, like for 5-6 times. Just few minutes ago I got Iciclaw. I bred all my water/stone animals and nothing :( I have no idea for combination for this Rockodile.

Sometimes the simplest combo will do the trick... try your rock rhino and frost fang maybe? I haven't gotten it yet either. Now I have long hybrid fail in the nest so likely won't get it now. Already had a level one rockadile in my forest so now I'm considering gemming past the breed. Sadly don't have one in storage.

Eluzyion
11-23-16, 06:35 PM
Sagittarius is 25 hour hatch time, good luck all!

deadpixel
11-23-16, 10:33 PM
I'm stuck :(

An hour before they announced this event I paired up a Crystal Unicorn and an Electric Elk to breed and am now stuck with a 48-hour timer. Whilst I'm happy to be getting either a Granite Golem or Valkyrie (neither of which are currently in my stable), I'm also worried that I won't have enough time for retries if the Rockodile just refuses to come out.

Might just have to skip the Rockodile breeding and feed the level 4 one that I have all the way to level 14... waste of food though.

Alideh
11-23-16, 11:05 PM
Waiting for the my rockodile to evolve, then 5 more times and on to the next stage.
Glad the rest are planting and hatching things. Really excited about this one :D I might Finally have a Zodiac animal after many failed attempts!

klaudiaFirefly
11-25-16, 12:41 AM
Sometimes the simplest combo will do the trick... try your rock rhino and frost fang maybe? I haven't gotten it yet either. Now I have long hybrid fail in the nest so likely won't get it now. Already had a level one rockadile in my forest so now I'm considering gemming past the breed. Sadly don't have one in storage.

I tried with Rhino and frost for 5-7 times and nothing. Got Rockodile today with Donkeycray/Frostfang. But I leveld up Frostfang to 15 lvl first.
I spent more then 70 gems to speed up breeding..

Silverrain1
11-25-16, 06:25 AM
Sagittarius in storage. Will get it out soon. I wanna have all zodiacs out pretty much as soon as I get them lol. Fortunately I haven't missed one yet on my main account. Good luck to all still trying

Cdnfroglover
11-25-16, 06:42 AM
Sagittarius in storage. Will get it out soon. I wanna have all zodiacs out pretty much as soon as I get them lol. Fortunately I haven't missed one yet on my main account. Good luck to all still trying

That's pretty impressive that you've gotten them all! I only managed to get four, I should get this one which will make five! The only one I missed that I'm sad about is my husbands sign. I managed to get me and the kids though!

Drachenia
11-25-16, 03:08 PM
Yes this was a great collect for Sagittarius, it was a lot of fun and it was without stress to get. Thanks TL

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/img0057h8yin2c7zp.png (http://www.fotos-hochladen.net)

Silverrain1
11-25-16, 04:40 PM
That's pretty impressive that you've gotten them all! I only managed to get four, I should get this one which will make five! The only one I missed that I'm sad about is my husbands sign. I managed to get me and the kids though!

Hopefully the one you missed will become available again soon. My own sign (Taurus) was definitely the hardest one to get so far

Alideh
11-25-16, 09:54 PM
YES!!! FInally my first zodiac animal :D :D & a super beautiful one at that :D

calicokittennope
11-25-16, 09:54 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble getting the "feed" on the rockdiles to work. I've fed well over 50 times now between 3 of them and I've only finally hit 45. I just did 10 more feeds and still at 45.

pestory
11-26-16, 12:59 AM
Just got my first zodiac animal in the storage! Someone knows if the other zodiac aniamls will return in the future?

BiggerBubbles
11-26-16, 01:31 AM
I'm having a lot of trouble getting the "feed" on the rockdiles to work. I've fed well over 50 times now between 3 of them and I've only finally hit 45. I just did 10 more feeds and still at 45.

I would try force closing your game, that is often a quick fix. Hopefully all will be right when it reloads. Glad you got the rockodile, it's the breeding step that stops a lot of people from getting the zodiacs.

DirkDragon
11-26-16, 05:55 AM

I've had 7 Rainguins and an Iciclaw using various combinations. Out of time now so that's it. The Wonderland requires breeding 3 specific animals and I'm not feeling lucky.!

ckisser
11-26-16, 03:23 PM
step 1 :
- plant spell melon x6 (skip : 45)
- collect proud pendants x12 (skip : 24)

step 2 :
- hatch a rockodile (water earth, 9h) (skip : 50 gems)

step 3 :
- collect 72 pendants from farms (skip : 144)
- breed any 2 animals (it seems that you can choose whatever you want) (skip : 15)

step 4 :
- collect 60 pendants from farms (skip : 120)
- collect 18 stars from hatching (skip : 15)

reward : Sagittarius (Zodiac Fire, hatching 25h, evolving 25h)

How many pendants per hour?

Silverrain1
11-26-16, 04:00 PM
Lol, I went on to this thread instead of the wonderland one and saw hatch a rockodile and all I cld think was...not again! Fortunately it's not. (I haven't started story book yet)

NannaSherry
11-27-16, 07:30 AM
collect 72 pendants from farms
How many pendants per hour? Thanks in advance

glenngenius
11-27-16, 08:11 AM
No luck in breeding a Rockodile. I got tons of Rainguins and Iciclaws during the process and nothing. Anyway, I decided to skip the task instead of using gold to speed breed (which, by the way, is already a lesson learned from the Virgo goal line [failed to get it by speed breed and wasted gems to the point that I don't have enough left]) and now I'm in step 4. By tomorrow I'll be able to finish this and get Sagittarius. Good luck to everyone trying! :)

MauiLady7
11-27-16, 01:20 PM
collect 72 pendants from farms
How many pendants per hour? Thanks in advance

I am getting one per hour! That's 12 hours for step 3 and 10 hours for step 4! The event started on a Tuesday, so does it end on a Tuesday as well? Or exactly 7 days later?

MauiLady7
11-28-16, 12:49 PM
Just a heads up for those collecting pendants, if you finish the pendants first in the 4th step, when you finish the hatching, the last step now, that egg will go straight in the nest. To avoid this 24 hour egg make sure your hatching step is completed first and you have an egg in the nest!
Sorry I confused breeding with hatching! But still remember to have an egg in the nest!

AliceWinter24
11-29-16, 12:27 PM
All these goals and events going on at the same time ... I had practically finished this one (for once!), the only thing left was to move an animal from the breeding den to the nest to pick up the last stars needed from hatching, but I waited so it would fit with the storybook as well. I forgot about it for a while, and when I hurried back to finish the goal, I was exactly 10 minutes late :(

Eluzyion
11-29-16, 12:38 PM
All these goals and events going on at the same time ... I had practically finished this one (for once!), the only thing left was to move an animal from the breeding den to the nest to pick up the last stars needed from hatching, but I waited so it would fit with the storybook as well. I forgot about it for a while, and when I hurried back to finish the goal, I was exactly 10 minutes late :(

Oh no! So sorry that happened to you.. Time can get away from you with a lot going on for sure, so sorry :(

Silverrain1
11-29-16, 02:53 PM

Oh no no no. You poor soul! I hope it comes back for you!

kropczynka82
11-24-17, 10:22 AM
Isn't it the time for returning of Sagittarius? :))

deadpixel
11-25-17, 11:14 AM
Will they be running the event for the Sagittarius again? They ran it at about this time last year. :)

The previous time this event ran, I did everything that was required, but because I lagged behind for the last requirement, I found myself waiting for the closing 30 minutes of the final round of collection to pass, one-and-a-half hours before the end of the event. "No problem," I thought, "I've got this in the bag!" Three hours later I woke up with a start staring at the word "Expired". Thus began a 12-month wait... :(

Destiel0918
11-25-17, 11:26 AM
Will they be running the event for the Sagittarius again? They ran it at about this time last year. :)

The previous time this event ran, I did everything that was required, but because I lagged behind for the last requirement, I found myself waiting for the closing 30 minutes of the final round of collection to pass, one-and-a-half hours before the end of the event. "No problem," I thought, "I've got this in the bag!" Three hours later I woke up with a start staring at the word "Expired". Thus began a 12-month wait... :(

They don't seem to have certain time for running Zodiac. It happens during the time Zodiac sign is active. Technically Sagittarius is like 21 Nov - 21 December - so we have so much time to get it. Just wait!

Rynetory2
11-28-17, 08:48 PM
Sagittarius is back! :)

Limited Time Goal: Star Runner (7 days)

Goal 1
Plant Spell Melons x6 (skip: 45 gems)
Collect Proud Pendants from hatching x12 (skip: 24 gems)
REWARD: 750 xps

Goal 2
Hatch a Rockodile (Water + Earth, 9 hrs) (skip: 50 gems)
Feed Rockodile x50 (skip: 112 gems)
REWARD: 975 xps

Goal 3
Collect Sagittarius Medallions from harvesting food x72 (skip: 144 gems)
Breed any 2 animals (skip: 15 gems)
REWARD: 500 food, 1,125 xps

Goal 4
Collect Sagittarius Medallions from harvesting food x60 (skip: 120 gems)
Collect Strongest Stars from breeding x18 (skip: 15 gems)
REWARD: 750 food, Sagittarius

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40380

Jojocl141587
11-28-17, 09:10 PM
I REALLY hope I can get this one. It’s my sign so I’m gonna try really hard to add it to my little collection

AppieP
11-28-17, 09:38 PM
Good luck everyone. I still have one, but I'm with all of you who tries.
Check your storage for a Rockodile. I got one, I think by spinning a wheel.

Pebblemist
11-29-17, 07:34 AM
Ugh... Do I wanna try for Rockodile (I have one but it's already hatched and fairly high leveled) or keep going for the candy mane?

deadpixel
11-29-17, 12:07 PM
Hatch a Rockodile (Water + Earth, 9 hrs) (skip: 50 gems)
Feed Rockodile x50 (skip: 112 gems)
REWARD: 975 xps

Yes! Yes! Yes! I knew there was a God in heaven! I knew that there was a reason I won the Rockodile in a spin and never bothered to hatch it! Wahahaha! ;) :cool:

Ugh! I think I need some time off FFS :(

cherrycastleorchard
11-29-17, 07:58 PM
I REALLY hope I can get this one. It’s my sign so I’m gonna try really hard to add it to my little collection

My sign too, but it looks like only ranguins are going to appear, don’t have one in storage either and then for the other animal it looks like fairy ferrets again, I am sick of ****ing fairy ferrets as much as I hate them and now I will have to do it again. Cmon S8 give us something we can actually breed. What a waste of time.

AppleWhite84
11-30-17, 12:06 AM
So many Rainguins...

Pebblemist
11-30-17, 10:15 AM
How have I managed two super rare Glacial Griffins but no Rockodile

deadpixel
11-30-17, 08:13 PM
So many Rainguins...

I know the usual reply is that they do not do any tweaking to reduce the chances of a particular animal coming out but I too find it incredible when looking at the results that many get. My neighbor has spent more than 500 gems speed breeding but has gotten almost evey Water and Earth animal in the available list (more Rainguins than anything else though) but has yet to see a Rockodile.

It was also this uncountable number of failed Rockodile breeding attempts last year that caused me to lag behind for the final tasks.

Yet curiously, when we didn't actually need the Rockodile, we'd keep getting it as fails when we attempted to breed some other Water and (or) Earth animal. For example, when I spent a week breeding a Saphire Cathullu with a Granite Golem attempting for the Obsidian Cyclops and Pearl Peryton when there wasn't an event running, I actually got 4 Rockodiles. However, since they could not be stored, I had to sell them away.

lintupien
12-01-17, 06:42 AM
I've never as much as sniffed an Iciclaw in my forest but Rockodiles are more common than Rainguins. I actually bred 3 in a row for trying this so I could just feed the baby ones. Talk about different odds for each forest. Ember bear is another I had to breed for months straight and I've yet to see a second one. :rolleyes:

Jojocl141587
12-01-17, 09:01 AM
Got my Sagittarius :) I’ll have to wait to hatch it since I’m STILL trying for the candy mane and need my nest to be clear

Alohatami
12-01-17, 09:15 AM
So many Rainguins...

Same here. :(

Alohatami
12-01-17, 09:19 AM
Because now that Rockodiles are needed for something, they have become ultra rare. It really feels like the programmers change the odds during the events, making anything but commons very difficult to get.

Gizmo726
12-01-17, 04:07 PM
I have 9 chromodiles and 32 iciclaws still cant get it

deadpixel
12-01-17, 06:49 PM
I have 9 chromodiles and 32 iciclaws still cant get it

You’re getting Chromodiles because you are adding the Dark Element in some of your breedings. Stick to just Water and Earth.

Alohatami
12-01-17, 09:57 PM
So, is it better to keep breeding the same pair over and over? Or is it better to try different combos each time? Or does it even matter?

Pebblemist
12-02-17, 06:44 AM
I've given up. Switching back to Candy Mane/Yule Mule. Sagittarius looks cool and all, but I'm not one nor is anyone I know. Here's to hoping Capricorn is easier- speaking of which, does anyone know which Rare is needed for Capricorn so I can keep one in the nest later in the month?

Alohatami
12-02-17, 11:32 PM
Still breeding everything but Rockodiles. *sigh*

adekil40
12-03-17, 12:07 AM
I just won the Sagittarius but had an animal hatching in my nest, it seems to have disappeared now, have I lost it?

Forget this, after 2 restarts I can see it in my storage :)

deadpixel
12-03-17, 05:41 AM
Finally, after 12 months of waiting...

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40503

And also after 12 months waiting, the Legendary Zodiac animal for completing the Zodiac animal series...

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40504

Ophiuchus

AppieP
12-03-17, 06:52 AM
Congratulation with your Ophiuchus. Hope i get mine next month.

SBDOVER72
12-03-17, 07:04 AM
Got a Rockodile in nest now. Does anyone know what the element(s) for the Star Runner?!

MystiqueRealm
12-03-17, 08:06 AM
Got a Rockodile in nest now. Does anyone know what the element(s) for the Star Runner?!

Star runner? As far as I know there isn't one. Did you mean river runner? Water/earth

Destiel0918
12-03-17, 08:12 AM
Star runner? There isn't animal like that!

Closest I can think is River/runner, which is expired animal.

Silverrain1
12-03-17, 09:08 AM
The star runner is the goal line for Sagittarius and it's elements are fire and zodiac

deadpixel
12-03-17, 09:21 AM
Congratulation with your Ophiuchus. Hope i get mine next month.

Thank you. Best of luck on your quest next month. Might want to check the guides for the animal to breed so as to have an early head start.

AppieP
12-03-17, 09:44 AM
Thank you. Best of luck on your quest next month. Might want to check the guides for the animal to breed so as to have an early head start.

I already did;). Last month we need to breed a limited one, also with no luck. But I got my Spring Wing in my 2nd nest ready to hatch for the quest. Many thanks.

MystiqueRealm
12-03-17, 11:09 AM
The star runner is the goal line for Sagittarius and it's elements are fire and zodiac

Oh I have sag, didn't know ty!

SBDOVER72
12-03-17, 07:47 PM

Thank you so much. Don't have a zodiac yet... So yay!

Rynetory2
12-03-17, 08:17 PM
I've given up. Switching back to Candy Mane/Yule Mule. Sagittarius looks cool and all, but I'm not one nor is anyone I know. Here's to hoping Capricorn is easier- speaking of which, does anyone know which Rare is needed for Capricorn so I can keep one in the nest later in the month?

I have listed the goals required under each Zodiac creatures post in the Creatures Guide. Check under Capricorn there.

Rynetory2
12-03-17, 08:19 PM
Finally, after 12 months of waiting...

And also after 12 months waiting, the Legendary Zodiac animal for completing the Zodiac animal series...

Ophiuchus

Congratulations deadpixel. Very well done!! :D

Rynetory2
12-03-17, 08:21 PM
Thank you so much. Don't have a zodiac yet... So yay!

Glad you found your answers. Congratulations on your first newborn zodiac! :D:D

(Merged your thread to existing thread.)

miadoubled
12-03-17, 08:28 PM
The Capricorn wont start until next month right?

Rynetory2
12-03-17, 08:36 PM
The Capricorn wont start until next month right?

It was previously end Dec last year but no definite answer this year. Feel free to speculate and continue the discussion on Capricorn in the Speculations thread. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98803-Speculations-on-Updates-Discussion-Thread

Alohatami
12-04-17, 09:19 AM
Well, I got my Sag. Wish I hadn't had to spend gems to do it, but I paid 50 to bypass breeding the Rockodle, and 56 on the feeding part as my existing Rockodile was already level 10. I also used a bunch of gems speed breeding and hatching before I finally made my bypass decision (but I didn't keep track of those). I doubt I'm going to get many more creatures this month, so at least I'll have something special to show for December.

poofyena
12-04-17, 09:32 AM
Got mine in storage to realise I already had one. Oh well I can have a baby and an Adult form now I guess. I do love this Zodiacs design.