PDA

View Full Version : Call of the Huntress Dragon Tale

19sparkles96
11-22-16, 11:36 AM
Cool

Auto start date is 11/24/16 at 10:30 AM. :)

harobeda
11-22-16, 11:38 AM
When is the last day to start?

lenasdinner
11-22-16, 11:47 AM
OK,....dragons are totaly amazing!! Ice Giant looks different totaly love it,there is another grand prize...champion Huntress he looks great too... WAIT???? only two dragons?????what?? why???

OK this is it........Ohhh yes...be aware that this might not be so very 100% correct...thank you:)

Levels 91-200

Chapter 1 (2 Acts)

1. Harvest Impruberries (10). (Skip: 15Gold)
2. Win 3 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 45Gold)
Prize: 1 Ice Giant Favor
Chapter 2 4 Acts)

1. Plant Pumpwings (7). (Skip: 52Gold)
2. Breed a Water Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 25Gold) (Prize: 1 Ice Giant Favor)
3. Collect 48 Frosty Shields from Farming. (Skip: 96Gold) (Prize: 1 Ice Giant Favor)
4. Craft your Ice Giant Dragon. (Skip: 24Gold)
Prize: 6,000Firapples

Chapter 3 (4 Acts)

1. Hatch your Ice Giant Dragon. (Skip: 7Gold)
2. Complete 1 Call of the Ice Giant. (Skip: 21Gold)
3. Plant Firapples (6). (Skip: 8Gold)
4. Raise your Ice Giant Dragon to level 4. (Skip: 14Gold)
Prize: 12Map

Chapter 4 (3 Acts)

1. Hatch a Fuzzy Dragon. (Skip: 49Gold)
2. Raise your Ice Giant Dragon to Level 8. (Skip: 30Gold)
3. Craft a Mighty Warhorn . (Skip: 37Gold)
Prize: 4 Great Red Trees

Chapter 5 (5 Acts)

1. Craft a Thawed Rune . (Skip: 86Gold)
2. Raise your Ice Giant Dragon to Level 11. (Skip: 80Gold)
3. Plant Firapples (10). (Skip: 15Gold)
4. Win 3 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 45Gold)
5. Collect 60 Frosty Shields from Farming. (Skip: 120Gold)

Chapter 6 (6 Acts)

1. Breed a Fuzzy Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 25Gold)
2. Raise your Ice Giant Dragon to Level 14. (Skip: 150Gold)
3. Harvest Pumpwings (7). (Skip: 52Gold)
4. Collect 90 Frost Axes from Farming. (Skip: 90Gold)
5. Craft and decorate with a Door to Honor. (Skip: 175Gold)
6. Win 4 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 60Gold)
Prize: 1 Huntress Dragon

Dragon Tales: Call of the Huntress

The northern regions of the Dragon Isles are not often traveled as their frigid climate and constant barrage of blizzards make it a difficult place to live. Yet, there are some dragons who call this chilly place home. Around the villages of the Nordic Dragons live creatures like the Frostwolf and Ice Giant Dragons.

In these frozen lands, the Huntress Dragon is known as a legendary figure, swooping down from winter stormclouds in search of worthy opponents to challenge in battle. Her battlecry shakes the mountains and her frozen breath shatters stone.

The northern dragons are known to be resilient and brave, but even they tremble at the thought of an Ice Giant Dragon facing off against a Huntress. Such a battle would be heard and felt for many miles around.

As the fables tell it, such a titanic battle between an Ice Giant and a Huntress Dragon would be worthy of opening the gateway to the Realm of Honor. The mythic location is where all great warriors dream of one day battling.

The Door to Honor would open for warriors with true hearts and taste for battle. When the doors would swing open, the Huntress Dragon would emerge from the skies as the Ice Giant would rumble out of the storm.

The two grand warriors would greet each other at the doorway with respect. Only one champion could enter the doorway while it was open, so the winner of a friendly battle would have the honor. The two would lock eyes and roar as they charged each other for the glory of honor and a place among celebrated warriors!

amerirish
11-22-16, 11:48 AM
Prize Dragon: Ice Giant Dragon
Rarity: Super Rare
Type: White Blue Yellow
Habitat: White Meadow, Blue Lagoon, Yellow Plateau
Available at: Level 15
Buying Price: 1,200 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 8 hours
Exp Gained: 975 Exp

Grand Prize: Huntress Dragon
Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type: Champion Blue
Habitat: Champion Ruins, Blue Lagoon
Available at: Level 41
Buying Price: 2,200 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 24 hours
Exp Gained: 2,895 Exp

Florr06
11-22-16, 11:56 AM
Any idea how many chapters are in this Tales? Want to try to plan the final Chapter in the weekend. The dragons look great ;)

belarica
11-22-16, 12:00 PM
Any idea how many chapters in this Tales? Want to try to plan the final Chapter in the weekend. The dragons looks great ;)

I started mine right away, only 6 chapters

Xyn25
11-22-16, 12:01 PM
So, only two dragons this time around? Anyone know how many days this takes?

random59
11-22-16, 12:03 PM
Chapter 1 Harvest 10 impburries
Win 3 Battle arena rounds.

chapter 2 Plant 7 Pumpwings
Breed with a Water Dragon
Collect 48 Frozen shields from harvesting

random59
11-22-16, 12:05 PM
The benefit from Frostwolf in this is that it can start questing immediately for Frozen Runes!

We also need 3 small red stones for crafting.

Florr06
11-22-16, 12:07 PM
I started mine right away, only 6 chapters

Thanks! I will start right away in that case! :D

amerirish
11-22-16, 12:12 PM

I would really like to know this too. The pop up doesn't have any info at all :(

nicsdragonisle
11-22-16, 12:38 PM
The benefit from Frostwolf in this is that it can start questing immediately for Frozen Runes!

Thanks for that!! Was seriously considering spending almost 300 gold to get him (I can't ever finish world events since the increase). Am so glad I didn't!

OzFamily
11-22-16, 12:38 PM

I had a feeling that would be the case ;)

anaghasaki
11-22-16, 12:46 PM
Thanks for that!! Was seriously considering spending almost 300 gold to get him (I can't ever finish world events since the increase). Am so glad I didn't!

Ditto.. Especially with black Friday coming up I didn't want to waste the gold.. Thankfully I didn't..

random59
11-22-16, 12:52 PM
Anyone who is doing chapters early can you please let us know what measurement of food is required and how many frost axes are required in chapter 6. Thanks in advance.

missbandette
11-22-16, 01:17 PM
I was trying for Fuzzy, so I could be ahead, and got Elder. This never happens to me, that was kind of nice. Thank you Dragon Story game luck!

starship412
11-22-16, 01:29 PM
I want to know when this force starts too. Normally events start on a Tuesday or Friday and ends on a Tuesday. If it's runs like it's supposed to then I'm expecting it to force start Thursday (to which it would end next Tuesday) but I could be wrong.
As far as the food requirement goes, I see it's only 210,175 because there's only one dragon to raise through 6 chapters thankfully.

ksbmommy
11-22-16, 01:36 PM
I went ahead and started it, so I'll end on Monday next week - hopefully get the tourney done quickly and not have that get in the way of the last battles needed to complete this. Fingers crossed!

PinkBubbles75
11-22-16, 03:39 PM
I did the food math and I got 210,175 foods needed. I currently have 83,461 so I'll probably start it thursday or friday. I'm glad it's only 1 dragon needed! This is nice!

ksbmommy
11-22-16, 04:17 PM
I did the food math and I got 210,175 foods needed. I currently have 83,461 so I'll probably start it thursday or friday. I'm glad it's only 1 dragon needed! This is nice!

Me too! I have 133k of food and went ahead and started. I have food boosts from bingo I can use to get more food and with the days off, I can plant and collect every hour while battling too. Perfect timing for my schedule. And we can get another champ type, super excited about that!

islanddoll1
11-22-16, 04:49 PM
Been planting diamond dates like crazy, starting tales with 900,000+ food on hand! So glad tales won't be requiring much! Excited to start.

Anaboe
11-22-16, 05:23 PM
Collect Frosty Shields from farming
Collect Frosty Axes from farming

Anyone know the difference?

Anaboe
11-22-16, 05:35 PM
We need 12 frozen runes. Each quest costs 3 hours. Let's assume you get 1 frozen rune per quest.

We can get Ice Giant, at best, as early as 19 hour into day 2 (at start of day plant 4 Pumpwings, wait 5 hours to plant another 3 pumpwings - because you need to harvest lots of Frosty Shields, you need to have planted 3 farms with 20-hour crops the morning in the day before, than you craft for 6 hours, than you hatch for 8 hours).

So basically, you can start doing quests starting only at day 3. On day 6 you need to win 4 Arena matches, so that day you can't do a lot of quests too.

That leaves only day 3, 4 and 5 for questing. This means you MUST do 4 quests each day, during the day, for the nights you need to evolve the dragon.

That's quite some work...

I think I'm gonna make it a little easier for me, and pay gold to start day 2, right after I finished the goals of day 1: that saves me a LOT of time... Usually it's 5 gold to start early, and if I also pay for 1 arena speed-up, it saves almost 24 hours...

busybee222
11-22-16, 06:55 PM
We need 12 frozen runes. Each quest costs 3 hours. Let's assume you get 1 frozen rune per quest.

We can get Ice Giant, at best, as early as 19 hour into day 2 (at start of day plant 4 Pumpwings, wait 5 hours to plant another 3 pumpwings - because you need to harvest lots of Frosty Shields, you need to have planted 3 farms with 20-hour crops the morning in the day before, than you craft for 6 hours, than you hatch for 8 hours).

So basically, you can start doing quests starting only at day 3. On day 6 you need to win 4 Arena matches, so that day you can't do a lot of quests too.

That leaves only day 3, 4 and 5 for questing. This means you MUST do 4 quests each day, during the day, for the nights you need to evolve the dragon.

I think I'm gonna make it a little easier for me, and pay gold to start day 2, right after I finished the goals of day 1: that saves me a LOT of time... Usually it's 5 gold to start early, and if I also pay for 1 arena speed-up, it saves almost 24 hours...

Or for those have Frostwolf can start the quest right away even before you start the tales. I am not going to start until I got fuzzy or the commoner suddenly become impossible...

Jackiesq
11-23-16, 03:29 AM

We need 14! 2 for the warhorn, 6 + (3x2) for the door.
My first and second quest with frostwolf gave me 3 frozen runes...

katali119
11-23-16, 03:36 AM
Never done these before and I am a low level so my requirements are different. How do you get some of these things? I don't know what I need to harvest to get frosty shields?

pernmagic
11-23-16, 04:09 AM
Tried for fuzzy before starting yesterday , normally breed them easily but this took four attempts but success now on breeding den .....

Not so complicated this time but going to need very pre timing to complete so thanks for pre warnings :)

amerirish
11-23-16, 06:30 AM
Got to repeat the question: When will this force start? A mod, please answer! Kooky or FlatFoot....pretty please! :)

missbandette
11-23-16, 07:24 AM
Been planting diamond dates like crazy, starting tales with 900,000+ food on hand! So glad tales won't be requiring much! Excited to start.

Wow! How did you save up so much food!? That had to of taken you forever! Did you stop evolving dragons and just keep saving? How long did it take you to save up that much? I need to know your strategy! Lol! ☺️ I have 437,774 food, I thought that was a lot! I've been planting rushrooms every chance I get, or diamond dates if I know I'm not going to be able to check the game. Plus the food we got as prizes from the leaderboard event, which I wanted to say thank you soo much TL for giving food instead of coins!!! That was awesome to get food bc we can't get enough.

missbandette
11-23-16, 07:40 AM
Never done these before and I am a low level so my requirements are different. How do you get some of these things? I don't know what I need to harvest to get frosty shields?

Plant food in your farms to collect the frosty shields. I think it's 1 shield for every hour, for each farm. I got 5 shields for planting pumpwings (5hours) and 1 shield for planting rushrooms (1hour). I had planted the pumpwings bc that's what was required for the tale and received 35 shields for collecting, then did rushrooms to get the rest. You can use whatever crop you want to time it to your needs. I hope I explained that right. ��

laurelsail
11-23-16, 11:02 AM
Can you hatch the eggs before prompted? Thanks!

Anaboe
11-23-16, 11:13 AM
Anyone already know how many Frosty Shields you need on day 2? It still isn't in the list.

Usually you get 2,5 items per hour the crop grows, and I'd like to know on forehand how many Scallypears I need to have ready to harvest :)

Anaboe
11-23-16, 11:13 AM
Usually you can, but that's no guarantee, for S8 can change the rules anytime she likes :) (And has done so in the past).

Florr06
11-23-16, 11:15 AM
Anyone already know how many Frosty Shields you need on day 2? It still isn't in the list.

Usually you get 2,5 items per hour the crop grows, and I'd like to know on forehand how many Scallypears I need to have ready to harvest :)

you need 48 Frosty Shields, you get 1 per hour

amerirish
11-23-16, 11:50 AM

Depends on which egg you're talking about. If it's the chapter goal of a Fuzzy then you can breed it and put it on the nest before hand, but don't hatch it until prompted. Your other option is to breed it but don't put it on the nest until prompted. Simply put; "hatching" in these goals means either putting the egg on the nest or taking it off the nest. Hope that helps :)

islanddoll1
11-23-16, 11:56 AM
Wow! How did you save up so much food!? That had to of taken you forever! Did you stop evolving dragons and just keep saving? How long did it take you to save up that much? I need to know your strategy! Lol! ☺️ I have 437,774 food, I thought that was a lot! I've been planting rushrooms every chance I get, or diamond dates if I know I'm not going to be able to check the game. Plus the food we got as prizes from the leaderboard event, which I wanted to say thank you soo much TL for giving food instead of coins!!! That was awesome to get food bc we can't get enough.

I came out of the last tales with a little over 450,000 food so from then to now I planted diamond dates like crazy.
I try collecting coins every hour, I have 25,800,000+ coins right now which is a little bit as compared to other players around my level (Lv 109)
I get a good amount of food and coins from mining and leaderboard events (which I too am glad for food prizes).

Eluzyion
11-23-16, 12:34 PM
For chapter 5 act 5 collect frosty shields from farming I'm pretty sure it was 60

For chapter 6 act 4 collect frost axes from farming.. I'm definately sure lol it's 90
I planted 6 scalypears 20 hours each just now so that should get me 120 frost axes

Good luck everyone!

laurelsail
11-23-16, 12:43 PM
Depends on which egg you're talking about. If it's the chapter goal of a Fuzzy then you can breed it and put it on the nest before hand, but don't hatch it until prompted. Your other option is to breed it but don't put it on the nest until prompted. Simply put; "hatching" in these goals means either putting the egg on the nest or taking it off the nest. Hope that helps :)

Can you hatch the crafted eggs early ?

amerirish
11-23-16, 01:07 PM
Can you hatch the crafted eggs early ?

Oh, absolutely! I always hatch & evolve them as soon as possible. When you get to the "Raise your xx dragon to level xx" it just skips if you've already done it :)

Simdiva
11-23-16, 02:06 PM
Kooky is this an error that we are only getting 1 frozen shield per hour since we normally get 2.5? This makes it an incredible amount of work. It almost seems like someone forgot to reset after the WE, coukd you check this?

Bastiaan0
11-23-16, 02:09 PM
I always plan to have the last chapter on sunday, so thought I had to wait till friday to start it. But I didn't realize it's only 6 chapters, now the last day is on monday and I'll probably have to pay the gold to unlock it early in order to finish these tales. Not very happy with it :(

Only one dragon is a good thing, but I still think 200k food is a waste. Oh well, maybe the first 75k to get it to epic might not be, but the rest definitely is.

And again those horrible firapples and pumpwings, and the numbers went up :(

missbandette
11-23-16, 04:01 PM
I came out of the last tales with a little over 450,000 food so from then to now I planted diamond dates like crazy.
I try collecting coins every hour, I have 25,800,000+ coins right now which is a little bit as compared to other players around my level (Lv 109)
I get a good amount of food and coins from mining and leaderboard events (which I too am glad for food prizes).

Yeah that is very good at level 109! I know I wish I wouldn't have expanded my last mining expansion so I could have kept my mine open. It's sad seeing it closed and would be nice to still get the food from it.

The shields weren't too hard to get only getting one per hour, I posted before I got 35 right away from collecting from the requested pumpwings we had to plant for the tales.

Rynetory2
11-23-16, 06:44 PM

I would really like to know this too. The pop up doesn't have any info at all :(

Auto start date is 11/24/16 at 10:30 AM. :)

Eluzyion
11-23-16, 09:09 PM
Kooky is this an error that we are only getting 1 frozen shield per hour since we normally get 2.5? This makes it an incredible amount of work. It almost seems like someone forgot to reset after the WE, coukd you check this?

When I got to collect 90 frost axe, I planted 20 hour scalypears and it gave 40 axe each when I harvested

Huntress is 24 hour hatch/evolve time

laurelsail
11-23-16, 10:04 PM
Aaaaahhhhh! Just got 27 hours trying to breed a Fuzzy with Forest and Light! This is not going to make this fun! Any idea what I am breeding? Thanks!

belarica
11-23-16, 10:40 PM
Aaaaahhhhh! Just got 27 hours trying to breed a Fuzzy with Forest and Light! This is not going to make this fun! Any idea what I am breeding? Thanks!

Elder

Nikkook
11-23-16, 11:48 PM
Fuzzy on the nest, 300 000 apples ready; here we go!

pernmagic
11-24-16, 06:07 AM
Top level Question ? I seem to be short of rubies for crafting , my storage tells me I have 9 small but the crafting is asking for large ruby x 3 ..... I have one large which needs 10 to activate ..... waiting to be crafting so not sure what to do :(

Which is right because if it's large ones I've a lot of crafting to do raiding my common red hybrids to trade ......Help

belarica
11-24-16, 06:27 AM
Top level Question ? I seem to be short of rubies for crafting , my storage tells me I have 9 small but the crafting is asking for large ruby x 3 ..... I have one large which needs 10 to activate ..... waiting to be crafting so not sure what to do :(

Which is right because if it's large ones I've a lot of crafting to do raiding my common red hybrids to trade ......Help

We need 3 small rubies :) I've already crafted 2/3 of those runes

pernmagic
11-24-16, 06:36 AM
We need 3 small rubies :) I've already crafted 2/3 of those runes

Thanks you , that will teach me to not sell all my common hybrids in future .... will do my best to sort it out :)
Memo to self remember to trade sometimes ! .......

laurelsail
11-24-16, 07:31 AM
Please help me figure out what you can do to collect the axes you need in Chapter 6. How many do you need to collect and what amount do the crops drop? I would usually just plant Scalypears the day before...but to do that I'd have to wait 5 hours to start the battles! Advice please! Thanks!

Florr06
11-24-16, 01:09 PM
Trying to breed Fuzzy. First a Lorekeeper fail, now Elder :(

chewingthecud
11-24-16, 05:23 PM
Have to share - going for Fuzzy - three Stone dragons in a row - seriously!!! Too funny!:p

kobidragon4
11-24-16, 07:37 PM
Suggestion for breeding a Fuzzy dragon please?

belarica
11-24-16, 07:51 PM

I used quetzal x golem, but you could do forest x stone/golem/moss rock/turquoise to prevent any stone fails.

hungryres
11-24-16, 08:11 PM
wow, reading the last two pages of this thread, makes me hestitate to sell the fuzzy fail i got on my nest
i have to breed according to the stupid bingo thing, and also trying for thanksgiving dragon, i got elder fail too and this is currently occupying my nest.
and of coz after such long hour fail, i would just get short breeding timer next.
now i am again stuck on bingo because i cannot start breeding anything without spending gold to speed up the hatching. this is just annoying. :(

sorry for ranting.
it is just annoying to have things totally stuck.
tournament: stuck on the later rounds of champ/ corrupt bosses. cannot even fulfill battle 3 rds for Ch1 (just autostart for me).
both breeding and battle in my bingo are all stuck. no progress at all annoys me.

bozotc19
11-24-16, 09:51 PM
I just bred my third straight Pegasus!......are you kidding me. Why do I subject myself to this abuse?

zaaracake
11-24-16, 11:44 PM

Just bred one after SO many stone fails with Pegasus+Christmas Tree. If you don't have these try with any two green&white Rares.
I'm going after this beauty. I can't believe I have let so many events and tournos pass by without even bothering to take part because they were too "hard". These new designs by Flatfoot are gorgeous!
I missed frostwolf though :-(

zaaracake
11-24-16, 11:46 PM
wow, reading the last two pages of this thread, makes me hestitate to sell the fuzzy fail i got on my nest
i have to breed according to the stupid bingo thing, and also trying for thanksgiving dragon, i got elder fail too and this is currently occupying my nest.
and of coz after such long hour fail, i would just get short breeding timer next.
now i am again stuck on bingo because i cannot start breeding anything without spending gold to speed up the hatching. this is just annoying. :(
sorry for ranting.
it is just annoying to have things totally stuck.
tournament: stuck on the later rounds of champ/ corrupt bosses. cannot even fulfill battle 3 rds for Ch1 (just autostart for me).
both breeding and battle in my bingo are all stuck. no progress at all annoys me.

@hungryres, don't!

zaaracake
11-24-16, 11:47 PM
Trying to breed Fuzzy. First a Lorekeeper fail, now Elder :(

Wow, those are beautiful fails, however I feel ya!

Florr06
11-25-16, 12:24 AM
Wow, those are beautiful fails, however I feel ya!

I know and I didn't have them yet so I can't be too disappointed! :)

TwinkleTwiny
11-25-16, 01:28 AM

Forest and light: got fuzzy on first try. Good luck to all of you :)

leo2010leo
11-25-16, 04:21 AM
[QUOTE=TwinkleTwiny;1370629]Forest and light: got fuzzy on first try.[ /QUOTE]
Same with me.

leo2010leo
11-25-16, 05:51 AM
Somebody can tell me what amount of food the Ice Giant Dragon requires on lvl 7, 8, 9 and 10? I just wonder wether I can get that food together, or should I rather skip it for gold... Thanks in advance!

pernmagic
11-25-16, 06:56 AM
Does anyone know how many frost axes from farming we have to collect near the end of chapter 6 ..... Took ages to collect during chapter five so want to try to get ahead
Thanks in advance .....

Anaboe
11-25-16, 07:19 AM
Thanks you , that will teach me to not sell all my common hybrids in future .... will do my best to sort it out :)
Memo to self remember to trade sometimes ! .......

I trade almost all my fails: it gives bombs for the mine, and gems :)

pernmagic
11-25-16, 08:16 AM
I trade almost all my fails: it gives bombs for the mine, and gems :)

Yup.... Lesson learnt, got round it by trading in a couple of red hybrids I didn't really want, I normally sell them from the nest so I save food but came unstuck this time ��

pernmagic
11-25-16, 11:25 AM
Answer to my own question ................. Chapter 6 needs 90 frozen axes ........

goddard7006
11-25-16, 12:33 PM
Chapter 1 (2 Acts)

2. Win 2 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 30Gold)

Chapter 2 (4 Acts)

1. Plant Pumpwings (5). (Skip: 52Gold)
2. Breed with a Water Dragon (Skip: 25Gold) (Prize: 1 Ice Giant Favor)
3. Collect 40 Frosty Shields from Farming. (Skip: 80Gold) (Prize: 1 Ice Giant Favor)
4. Start Crafting your Ice Giant Dragon
Prize: 6000 Food

Chapter 3 (4 Acts)

1. Hatch your Ice Giants Dragon (Skip: 7Gold)
2.Complete 1 Call of the Ice Giant. (Skip: 21Gold)

Chapter 4 (3 Acts)

3. Craft and decorate with Mighty Warhorn . (Skip: 37Gold)

laurelsail
11-25-16, 02:37 PM
How many Frost Axes do you get from crops? Thanks!

hoffm1179
11-26-16, 12:17 AM

If it's anything like the earlier round, it is 1 per hour of whatever it is you are farming...

pernmagic
11-26-16, 01:43 AM

Just finished Huntress on nest :) .....( did start last two chapters early due to life needs )

Chapter 5 gave me one frozen axe an hour BUT chapter 6 gave me two frozen axe an hour which made it much easier .......
Good luck all , it's not easy on timing but it's done ..... Hope you all get there :)

zaaracake
11-26-16, 02:47 AM
@Pern...congrats...
I have a question for everyone who has finished any one of these tales...how do you get the required 60 or 90 axes from farming when you have to plant apples or pumpwings immediately before this...
So...basically you can't plant scalypears the day before. Or am I just stupid?

pernmagic
11-26-16, 03:08 AM
@Pern...congrats...
I have a question for everyone who has finished any one of these tales...how do you get the required 60 or 90 axes from farming when you have to plant apples or pumpwings immediately before this...
So...basically you can't plant scalypears the day before. Or am I just stupid?

Thank you

For the 90 in last chapter I started last chapter a day early then planted 8 hour crops as soon as it asked and it gave TWOaxes instead of the one for previous chapter and it worked but time would difficult If tried in one day

zaaracake
11-26-16, 03:15 AM
Thanks Pern!

AinoDK
11-26-16, 04:17 AM
For the 90 in last chapter I started last chapter a day early then planted 8 hour crops as soon as it asked and it gave TWOaxes instead of the one for previous chapter and it worked but time would difficult If tried in one day

Thanks for info on chp 6 and congrats on completing.

Based on this I'm thinking: Planting one scalypear today (on chp 5) and end the day planting 6 pumpwings. Start chp 6 with other tasks, harvest pumpwings, plant 1 pumpwing and 5 diamonddates. After 5 hours first harvest pumpwing (task done), then the 5 dates and the pear, totalling 45 hours, which should complete the axes, giving ample time for battles.

Of course the scalypear will make it harder to complete chp 5 in time! Hmm...

Eluzyion
11-26-16, 05:19 AM
When I got to collect 90 frost axe, I planted 20 hour scalypears and it gave 40 axe each when I harvested

Huntress is 24 hour hatch/evolve time

Since this was lost a few pages back.. Thought I'd bring it up again, I got 2/hour when I got to the frost axe

lenasdinner
11-26-16, 05:54 AM
Ok....really?I'm on ch 5 battleing in arena.now on third battle and guess what....Huntress in arena,really.... ? come on give me a break,I just finished hard turnament and no dragons to fight another champion,ohhhhh this might take a wile

kingkobra73
11-26-16, 08:36 AM
OK,....dragons are totaly amazing!! Ice Giant looks different totaly love it,there is another grand prize...champion Huntress he looks great too... WAIT???? only two dragons?????what?? why???

OK this is it........Ohhh yes...be aware that this might not be so very 100% correct...thank you:)

Levels 91-200

Chapter 1 (2 Acts)

2. Win 3 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 45Gold)
Chapter 2 4 Acts)

1. Plant Pumpwings (7). (Skip: 52Gold)
2. Breed a Water Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 25Gold) (Prize: 1 Ice Giant Favor)
3. Collect 48 Frosty Shields from Farming. (Skip: 96Gold) (Prize: 1 Ice Giant Favor)
4. Craft your Ice Giant Dragon. (Skip: 24Gold)

Chapter 3 (4 Acts)

1. Hatch your Ice Giant Dragon. (Skip: 7Gold)
2. Complete 1 Call of the Ice Giant. (Skip: 21Gold)
3. Plant Firapples (6). (Skip: 8Gold)
4. Raise your Ice Giant Dragon to level 4. (Skip: 14Gold)
Prize: 12Map

Chapter 4 (3 Acts)

3. Craft a Mighty Warhorn . (Skip: 37Gold)
Prize: 4 Great Red Trees

Chapter 5 (5 Acts)

1. Craft a Thawed Rune . (Skip: 86Gold)
2. Raise your Ice Giant Dragon to Level 11. (Skip: 80Gold)
3. Plant Firapples (10). (Skip: 15Gold)
4. Win 3 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 45Gold)
5. Collect 60 Frosty Shields from Farming. (Skip: 120Gold)

Chapter 6 (6 Acts)

1. Breed a Fuzzy Dragon with another Dragon. (Skip: 25Gold)
2. Raise your Ice Giant Dragon to Level 14. (Skip: 150Gold)
3. Harvest Pumpwings (7). (Skip: 52Gold)
4. Collect 90 Frost Axes from Farming. (Skip: 90Gold)
5. Craft and decorate with a Door to Honor. (Skip: 175Gold)
6. Win 4 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 60Gold)

Dragon Tales: Call of the Huntress

The northern regions of the Dragon Isles are not often traveled as their frigid climate and constant barrage of blizzards make it a difficult place to live. Yet, there are some dragons who call this chilly place home. Around the villages of the Nordic Dragons live creatures like the Frostwolf and Ice Giant Dragons.

In these frozen lands, the Huntress Dragon is known as a legendary figure, swooping down from winter stormclouds in search of worthy opponents to challenge in battle. Her battlecry shakes the mountains and her frozen breath shatters stone.

The northern dragons are known to be resilient and brave, but even they tremble at the thought of an Ice Giant Dragon facing off against a Huntress. Such a battle would be heard and felt for many miles around.

As the fables tell it, such a titanic battle between an Ice Giant and a Huntress Dragon would be worthy of opening the gateway to the Realm of Honor. The mythic location is where all great warriors dream of one day battling.

The Door to Honor would open for warriors with true hearts and taste for battle. When the doors would swing open, the Huntress Dragon would emerge from the skies as the Ice Giant would rumble out of the storm.

The two grand warriors would greet each other at the doorway with respect. Only one champion could enter the doorway while it was open, so the winner of a friendly battle would have the honor. The two would lock eyes and roar as they charged each other for the glory of honor and a place among celebrated warriors!

How do you complete the call of the ice giant?

Florr06
11-26-16, 08:58 AM

It's a quest :)

islanddoll1
11-26-16, 10:35 AM
Finally got a fuzzy after Lorekeeper and Snowdrop dragons and just on time too. Couldn't afford for any more fails.

marathon2615
11-26-16, 11:17 AM
Best thing to do is go back and read the pages of this thread to get an idea of what you need to do

lenasdinner
11-26-16, 12:21 PM
Just now saw your post.there is a quest in Quest outpost.you need to send Ice giant for quest.you can send him before you asc to do it just don't collect until that act starts.
I sent Ice Giant on quest on lvl 1.and after that evolved him for the tale..so I wouldent lose any more time.

kobidragon4
11-26-16, 12:24 PM
First try... Thanksgiving. Here goes the 2nd with forest and light

marathon2615
11-26-16, 12:48 PM
I'm an idiot. Sorry read your question wrong. Yes, what they said. Quest portal, select your ice giant after it hatches and send it on the quest. Takes 3 hours.

Florr06
11-26-16, 02:21 PM
Stuck on Immortal in the tournament... I have 7 Eliteleeks ready to harvest, but I won't be able to finish Chapter 5 before the night which also means I won't be able to plant Pumpwings ahead for Chapter 6. Looks like I won't get the Huntress dragon. :(

kingkobra73
11-26-16, 03:12 PM
Just now saw your post.there is a quest in Quest outpost.you need to send Ice giant for quest.you can send him before you asc to do it just don't collect until that act starts.
I sent Ice Giant on quest on lvl 1.and after that evolved him for the tale..so I wouldent lose any more time.
Thank you very much for your help

Aly_10
11-26-16, 04:54 PM
massive brain fart.... say I craft the mighty warhorn, does ice giant stay there or can he continue doing the other quest in order to complete other crafts in later chapters?

marathon2615
11-26-16, 05:12 PM
massive brain fart.... say I craft the mighty warhorn, does ice giant stay there or can he continue doing the other quest in order to complete other crafts in later chapters?
The warhorn is just a decoration it won't effect Ice Giant being able to quest for frozen runes. I just put it in storage anyway

Aly_10
11-26-16, 05:14 PM
The warhorn is just a decoration it won't effect Ice Giant being able to quest for frozen runes. I just put it in storage anyway
thanxs..told u a had a massive brain fart...lmao

marathon2615
11-26-16, 05:27 PM
thanxs..told u a had a massive brain fart...lmao
Lol its all good

katniss9225
11-26-16, 06:02 PM
If anyone is trying for Fuzzy still I just threw Fuzzy & diamond together and got it on the 1st shot!

starship412
11-26-16, 06:06 PM
How many Frosty Shields do we need in chapter 5 and Frost Axes in chapter 6? I don't need to know how many per crop.

Eluzyion
11-26-16, 06:10 PM
For chapter 5 act 5 collect frosty shields from farming I'm pretty sure it was 60

For chapter 6 act 4 collect frost axes from farming.. I'm definately sure lol it's 90
I planted 6 scalypears 20 hours each just now so that should get me 120 frost axes

Good luck everyone!

Here ya go

DR0G0N
11-26-16, 08:22 PM
Here ya go

...the Scalypears would work if it's not for act 3 of Chapter 6 which is harvest Pumpwings. So...even if you harvest the Pumpwings exactly on start time of the chapter, planting Scalypears right afterward would not be ideal because you still need to win 4 battles. So with Scalypears and 4 battles that would be 24 hours...not really doable w/o gold.

Instead of Scalypears, doing 5 hours combining with 1 hour crops or just the 8 hour crops would work w/o the need of spending gold. This is base on reading past posts that people are getting 2 frost axes per hour. The 1 per hour was for the shield.

Anyways, good luck~

Eluzyion
11-26-16, 08:33 PM
...the Scalypears would work if it's not for act 3 of Chapter 6 which is harvest Pumpwings. So...even if you harvest the Pumpwings exactly on start time of the chapter, planting Scalypears right afterward would not be ideal because you still need to win 4 battles. So with Scalypears and 4 battles that would be 24 hours...not really doable w/o gold.

Instead of Scalypears, doing 5 hours combining with 1 hour crops or just the 8 hour crops would work w/o the need of spending gold. This is base on reading past posts that people are getting 2 frost axes per hour. The 1 per hour was for the shield.

Anyways, good luck~

You're right.. But at the time I did it, no one had gotten that far and I didn't know harvesting would start giving 2/hour, but since I skipped ahead I had plenty of time, I was more commenting on how I found out it went to 2 ;) glad you posted this though for those not skipping chapters :)

DR0G0N
11-26-16, 08:57 PM
You're right.. But at the time I did it, no one had gotten that far and I didn't know harvesting would start giving 2/hour, but since I skipped ahead I had plenty of time, I was more commenting on how I found out it went to 2 ;) glad you posted this though for those not skipping chapters :)

Ok, that's good. I just didn't want you to find out when it's too late, but I'm glad you manage to finish. :]

ccorbett4
11-27-16, 01:16 AM
Anyone else having this problem? I just got my Act 1 of Chapter 6 task which is "Raise your Ice Giant Dragon to Level 10." My Ice Giant is already level 11 and yet the task isn't marking as complete. Just for kicks I fed my dragon to get it to level 12 to see if it helped the task pop and it didn't. I don't want to spend the 125 gold to get past this task for no reason! ****UPDATE: I restarted the game and it popped. Phew!

leo2010leo
11-27-16, 01:29 AM
Help!!! Who can list the chapters of Act 6 for levels before 90? The first one is to raise the Ice Giant to lvl 10, what comes after that? Should I craft runes while my dragon evolves, or plant Pumpwings, or what?

meoconlunar
11-27-16, 01:47 AM
Chapter 6 Act 4 Collect 90 Frost Axes from Farming.

after 30 mins of planting.
boost x5
plant Upgrapes (10 mins)
harvest 3 then harvest 2 then 2 (to have more axes than usual)

meoconlunar
11-27-16, 01:53 AM
Help!!! Who can list the chapters of Act 6 for levels before 90? The first one is to raise the Ice Giant to lvl 10, what comes after that? Should I craft runes while my dragon evolves, or plant Pumpwings, or what?

Chapter 6 (5 Acts)
1. Raise your Ice Giant Dragon to Level 10. (Skip: 150Gold20px)
2. Plant Firapples (6). (Skip: 8Gold20px)
3. Win 2 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 30Gold20px)
4. Collect 70 Frost Axes from Farming. (Skip: ?Gold20px)
5. Craft and decorate with a Door to Honor. (Skip: ?Gold20px)

You should prepare Door to Honor.

meoconlunar
11-27-16, 03:12 AM
Chapter 6 Act 4 Collect 90 Frost Axes from Farming.

after 30 mins of planting.
boost x5
plant Upgrapes (10 mins)
harvest 3 then harvest 2 then 2 (to have more axes than usual)

major5152
11-27-16, 03:42 AM
How di I breed a fuzzy dragon ?

Florr06
11-27-16, 04:20 AM
How di I breed a fuzzy dragon ?

Fuzzy dragon has white and green elements, so if you breed for example Light with Forest you could get him :)

sitikiya
11-27-16, 04:59 AM
Is it possible to get a Frostwolf Dragon now? The quest says "Go to market" but it's not there.

marathon2615
11-27-16, 06:22 AM
For those of you who have already finished, I know it's too late to make any difference asking this question since I already crafted and placed the door to honor but will it count in the tale to complete day 6 act 5 even if I did it ahead of time?

belarica
11-27-16, 06:44 AM
Is it possible to get a Frostwolf Dragon now? The quest says "Go to market" but it's not there.

I believe frostwolf is gone, you could have won him from the world event or bought him before it was over. I would say having him was only a slight advantage, nice if you had him but totally not necessary at all.

meoconlunar
11-27-16, 07:01 AM
For those of you who have already finished, I know it's too late to make any difference asking this question since I already crafted and placed the door to honor but will it count in the tale to complete day 6 act 5 even if I did it ahead of time?
it will count, no prob :)

marathon2615
11-27-16, 07:14 AM
it will count, no prob :)
Whew ok thanks. Was getting worried lol

sitikiya
11-27-16, 09:56 AM
I believe frostwolf is gone, you could have won him from the world event or bought him before it was over. I would say having him was only a slight advantage, nice if you had him but totally not necessary at all.

Thanks, I must have missed that. I had hoped to send him on Quests to collect more Frozen Runes while my Ice Giant was evolving. I'll just have to do as many Quests as possible during the day and evolve Ice Dragon at night.

Donnasadoptables
11-27-16, 04:15 PM
I'm done spending any gold or cash on this game. The last Dragon Tales, I raised my Crypt Dragon to level 14, (spending 40 gold on apples) got the message I got the favor, and then the event expired. I tried crafting the second dragon, to find I didn't have the fourth favor. I opened a ticket, and they said I didn't finish in time, so I was out of luck. It didn't matter that the game has been constantly glitching since they added the Bingo adventure league.

I have the first dragon crafting, and that is all I'll be doing this tale. The constant game closing, the poor customer service, just leads to me seriously considering deleting the game completely.

marathon2615
11-27-16, 04:23 PM
Just finished. Huntress on the nest. Only gold spent was to speed up last battles. Whew

ksbmommy
11-27-16, 04:31 PM
Finished on my main account an hour ago. My son just finished at the expense of winning the battle tournament - he stopped early to make sure he didn't get stuck on an all day long opponent. He's picking that back up now.

My second account is going to be close. I'm starting the door in 3 minutes, have 1 more hour left to get the last couple of axes. The door will be done at 8:30, and I have two videos ready to speed up the battles. Fingers crossed but I want to get in bed by 10. Ugh, might be out gold to speed up the last battle if all goes like I planned in my head. I got a late start because I was short on food to get my dragon to a 14 (the last bite) - thankfully I raided both sides of the mine and had 3 of the 2x boosts left to plant upgrapes quickly. I totally miscounted the food, stupid mistake.

EvieandIzzie
11-27-16, 05:37 PM
Hmm I just realized I cannot complete this Tales, I was on holidays with patchy internet and I thought I could catch up missing a day and being behind with the early days, until I saw that this is a day event. Not impressed at all with this and have been stuck on the Inquisitor in the tourney so no chance now.
I cannot believe S8 would do a short event during a major US holiday, although I am not US based and happened to be on holidays as a coincidence. Of course I am peeved at the moment but Tales is the last thing remaining in DS that I am able to complete, as Leaderboard, Community even Tournaments have been impossible to gain the last individual prize, take away Tales from me and I will walk from this game, which I admit is zero loss to S8 but it hurts that this is what they seem to have done to many players. I will of course let a bit of time heal this little woulnd and will eagerly await the next Tales to see if this trend continues but really unless you are a player that reads forums to plan ahead, which I consider a bit of a *****, or willing to spend gold I do not think Tales as designed lets players have a realistic chance of completing them.

Clark_Wayne
11-27-16, 05:39 PM
finished tales 1-2h ago :) timing was very short !

DR0G0N
11-27-16, 06:51 PM
Starting with more than 2 million apples, this tale would make a dent on my stash, but for the champ, it's worth it. The problem now is not food, but the tourney. Immortal is not going down. On chapter 4 atm, tomorrow would be chapter 5 which require 3 battles.

I need to bring down immortal before it affect my progress on the tale. No ADIPPS to help me and tried almost all suggestions. Doing random draws atm.

PinkBubbles75
11-27-16, 07:01 PM
Currently waiting to do chapter 6. So far it's been going smoothly. I've got 3 scaleypears planted (hopefully that'll be enough for the axes) & I'll start crafting the door later on. I didn't progress further in the tournament for the sake of the tales so I hope the battles will go smoothly tomorrow. I've got enough food to get my ice giant to level 14 & more than enough frozen things for the door (I might've done too many quests for those but I'd rather have them & not need them than need them & not have them).

ksbmommy
11-27-16, 07:18 PM
Just finished on my second account, I spent 22 gold to get a champ on that island, totally worth it. I was short 1 frozen thing, oops (14 gold) and sped up 2 battles (8 gold). The egg is on the nest!

It was harder battling on this account, I didn't do the tourney in order to stay on low level dragons to complete this. Then add in looking up all the battles and trying to color match them up with older, lower level adult dragons, wow, I won't take my champs for grampnted on the main game again.

Good luck and have fun to everyone still making their way through. I get until the next update to jus chill, breed and organize my dragons/habitats. Tales over, tourney finished. Working on my diamond hybrids for the next seven days.

StefaninaFla
11-27-16, 07:27 PM
Does anyone else happen to have the other chapters for mid-level players? I started late, so I would like to be able to pre-do anything that can be pre-done

ksbmommy
11-27-16, 07:28 PM
Starting with more than 2 million apples, this tale would make a dent on my stash, but for the champ, it's worth it. The problem now is not food, but the tourney. Immortal is not going down. On chapter 4 atm, tomorrow would be chapter 5 which require 3 battles.

I need to bring down immortal before it affect my progress on the tale. No ADIPPS to help me and tried almost all suggestions. Doing random draws atm.

Good luck. Immortal didn't give me a real problem but inquisitor did. If it's any consolation, if you have to ultimate the thing, the next ones were really easy, I did chapter 5 having the last three dragons to do and no real issue. Saved my free videos up and sent out my best battlers.

As a side not, I know sometimes if I get a tough one, I mix up the bash and magic. I've also had great luck on waiting a 1/2 hour or so and then speeding it up. Something just feels like it resets itself. Keep cycling any Adipps and metal you have. Since you have tons of food, feed you diamond or infinity up a level. That's worked for me twin the past. When those font work find some low level, good for nothing common and suit him up - my son has awesome, random luck with level 4's "that will never work, mom". I also have good luck with three color dragons. You'll get him soon!

jaymieb2
11-27-16, 10:13 PM
Currently growing Diamond Dates and am on chapter 5. Sadly, I should have planted the last three firapples for the Tale instead of working on bingo. Oopsie! The only way I can make it to the Huntress is to spend a PILE of gold to speed 9 quests. It just took too long to get the Ice Giant. The final individual prize from the Community Event would have been a HUGE help, but I didn't get to the final individual dragon. Hmmm... Bummer a champion blue combo would have been nice...

At least I found out at level 11 instead of raising my dragon to level 14!

Off to focus on Bingo. Trying to get to silver league.

saghaven
11-27-16, 11:07 PM
Finished a couple hours ago. Haven't put Huntress on the nest yet. Now back to focusing on bingo

Leana47
11-28-16, 03:35 AM
I won the Dragon on my daughters account 2 Hours before the event expired. Logged in later, Dragon gone :mad:. Opened ticket. Hope she can have it back. She is soo sad.

stevenlee2905
11-28-16, 09:35 AM
During those dragon tales, I found out that common tends to be an Ultra Rare, for instance Fuzzy became an Ultra Rare during this tale. I tried so hard only to breed a Fuzzy, the most frustrating is that I wasted around 169 golds only to speed-up breeding due to many fails in just breeding a common, Fuzzy dragon (Fails including Stone, Pegasus, Elder, Elder, Lorekeeper, Light, Forest, 3 Snowdrops). :( I think this is crazy!!!

*If this trend continues, I'll consider to quit too.

Vivicia
11-28-16, 11:20 AM
I'm so sad right now, had a fuzzy on my nest and when it came to hatch it, my internet connection died and it didn't recognise it. Since then I have bred an 8 hour stone dragon and now the second one is a 27 hour dragon!!!! Omg!!! Not sure if I can complete 2 days behind and having a second champion dragon would be nice!!

islanddoll1
11-28-16, 12:53 PM
Grrrr I am so ticked off!!!!! (Besides the fact that I tried 5 times before I finally got fuzzy, I swear he could be a super rear)
I put my ice dragon to evolve overnight only to wake up to him still sitting in his habitat!
As if that wasn't enough I sent him questing after wasting another 8 hours of REevolving only to find him 3 hours later... STILL IN HIS HABITAT!!!!
I plant crops and leave them only to come back to harvest and realize that they weren't planted.
I win battles.. . Only to come back an hour after to realize I have to battle the same dragon again!
Is anyone else having this issue? My internet connection is working perfectly fine and for some reason I can't play the game using my phone's data plan anymore. So this is cutting majorly in my playing time and it's throwing me back in tales and I am going to be even more mad if I can't complete it after putting in so much time and gold because of this issue!

islanddoll1
11-28-16, 12:56 PM
During those dragon tales, I found out that common tends to be an Ultra Rare, for instance Fuzzy became an Ultra Rare during this tale. I tried so hard only to breed a Fuzzy, the most frustrating is that I wasted around 169 golds only to speed-up breeding due to many fails in just breeding a common, Fuzzy dragon (Fails including Stone, Pegasus, Elder, Elder, Lorekeeper, Light). :( I think this is crazy!!!

*If this trend continues, I'll consider to quit too.

I feel your pain! Went through 5 dragons before I got fuzzy. I would have skipped it if I had that gold because I already have a fuzzy to use in ch6. If I even make it to ch6.

sophiensissi
11-28-16, 01:29 PM
My harvesting is only giving me 1 of the things we need to collect for every hour of plant. I planted 7 diamonddates and have 35 for day 5 so far. I guess that means day 6 is impossible to complete without spending gold?

belarica
11-28-16, 01:44 PM
My harvesting is only giving me 1 of the things we need to collect for every hour of plant. I planted 7 diamonddates and have 35 for day 5 so far. I guess that means day 6 is impossible to complete without spending gold?

Chapter 6 you get 2 axes per hour

zaaracake
11-28-16, 01:53 PM
I got her, THANK YOU, Pern and Eluzyion for your valuable and timely advice.
My first earned champion...and she's so beautiful! Woooooooooot!
I went ahead and sped up, "*****ed" on the last coupla battles. I'm terrible at battling anyway and now I've got that gorgeous expensive she devil in storage...I'm wiped out...got no food, no energy left for anything this game throws at me next. I had no idea finishing an event was this difficult, guys! How do you do it, time after time?
I spent around 200 gold to get her, but 150 of that was purely bad food planning on my part (started event too early) and didn't have enough for last evolution of ice giant.

Eluzyion
11-28-16, 02:12 PM
I got her, THANK YOU, Pern and Eluzyion for your valuable and timely advice.
My first earned champion...and she's so beautiful! Woooooooooot!
I went ahead and sped up, "*****ed" on the last coupla battles. I'm terrible at battling anyway and now I've got that gorgeous expensive she devil in storage...I'm wiped out...got no food, no energy left for anything this game throws at me next. I had no idea finishing an event was this difficult, guys! How do you do it, time after time?
I spent around 200 gold to get her, but 150 of that was purely bad food planning on my part (started event too early) and didn't have enough for last evolution of ice giant.

Congrats on your first Champion! Happy to hear you got it!

zaaracake
11-28-16, 02:18 PM
@Eluzyion...she's the first one I earned. I have rose knight from a very lucky spin the wheel ages ago...but that's it. I have somehow managed to reach a very high level in this game without collecting any other champs, winning tourneys or even breeding many dia hybrids etc. It's just the length of time I've been logging in...I guess.
But don't get me wrong...I'm happy...very happy with Huntress.

jaymieb2
11-28-16, 02:27 PM
Oh, heck! I talked myself into it! I am willing to spend 100 in gold for the Huntress! Lol!

Bastiaan0
11-28-16, 02:47 PM
Huntress is on the nest now, could possibly give some nice points on the fleaderboard tomorrow.
Spend a total of 48 gold, 15 to skip firapples and 8 to speed up battles in chapter 5 and 25 for starting chapter 6 early. This would not have been necessary if I started the tales right away.

adellis
11-28-16, 03:39 PM

Respectfully disagree. Since I was stuck on Bengal for 2 days, having Frostwolf able to collect all my materials while I waited made all the difference for me!

PinkBubbles75
11-28-16, 04:39 PM
Huntress is in storage! I'll probably hatch it during the leaderboard. Overall it was pretty easy. Having only 1 dragon to level up is nice. I hope that trend continues

Aly_10
11-28-16, 06:23 PM
Chapter 6 you get 2 axes per hour
i'm starting chapter 6 tomorrow. just for clarification are you saying regardless what plant food I choose (i.e. pumpwings, eliteleeks, scalypears, diamondates, or rushrooms) they will yield 2 axes per hour? if this is the case then we will all have a good chance to complete this tale. i'm hoping you are right my friend.

belarica
11-28-16, 06:29 PM
i'm starting chapter 6 tomorrow. just for clarification are you saying regardless what plant food I choose (i.e. pumpwings, eliteleeks, scalypears, diamondates, or rushrooms) they will yield 2 axes per hour? if this is the case then we will all have a good chance to complete this tale. i'm hoping you are right my friend.

Yes, I finished yesterday :)

EvieandIzzie
11-28-16, 08:58 PM
Grrrr I am so ticked off!!!!! (Besides the fact that I tried 5 times before I finally got fuzzy, I swear he could be a super rear)
I put my ice dragon to evolve overnight only to wake up to him still sitting in his habitat!
As if that wasn't enough I sent him questing after wasting another 8 hours of REevolving only to find him 3 hours later... STILL IN HIS HABITAT!!!!
I plant crops and leave them only to come back to harvest and realize that they weren't planted.
I win battles.. . Only to come back an hour after to realize I have to battle the same dragon again!
Is anyone else having this issue? My internet connection is working perfectly fine and for some reason I can't play the game using my phone's data plan anymore. So this is cutting majorly in my playing time and it's throwing me back in tales and I am going to be even more mad if I can't complete it after putting in so much time and gold because of this issue!
Similar thing happened to me but I thought it was my patchy internet, most notable was how my Ice Dragon was not in the Evolution Temple while I was asleep so I had to do that again which meant I could not go questing for Runes which delayed me further. In addition the next night saw only 3 out of 7 farms growing the 8 hours crops while the rest remained fallow, healing spa not being used...the list can go on. I do not know if it is my phone/internet or a syncing issue with the DS servers.
I have finally started Chapter 6 with 5 hours to go. No way I can complete this, I have 3 out of 6 Chapters finished but there is insufficient time and I will not spend gold either. I believe I would have managed a 10 day Tales from being 2 days behind, I have previously managed it and was caught out by this shortened one. I hope this will not be the new format for Tales, it appears that S8 is maintain the pace of events but has reduced their design costs by recycling Prize Dragons and reducing the number of new Dragons that need to be designed for each event.

LadySilverWolf
11-29-16, 08:14 AM
I'm not going to be able to complete this Tales... I'm stuck on Ch 5 Act 2, raise your Ice Giant to level 11 - not possible with 7600 food. This one was weird because I never saw anything about the Tales until Saturday, 11/26 so apparently I was already behind. I don't know when it started but I didn't get a pop-up or anything. Of course this happens on the one week I was unable to check the forums because of the holiday and two major projects being due for school. However, I was playing the game twice at day - to plant crops and collect coins if I did nothing else. I only noticed the Tales book and scroll on Saturday afternoon and I can swear it was NOT THERE before then.

Then I had the same problem as islanddoll1 with planting crops for the game only to have them not be planted, sending the dragon on a quest only to have him in his habitat, and putting him in the evolving chamber only to have him on his habitat.

For me this Tales was absolutely impossible to complete without spending a ton of gold (which I don't have).

I thought it would be easier to gather the required food and gold as I got to higher levels but apparently not. I was hoping to buy a gold producing dragon and a food producing dragon during the Black Friday sale but I never saw them on sale. I think from here on out I'm going to save my gold and concentrate on trying to evolve the two champion dragons I do have and build up my food stores and totally skip the next several Tales.

Was it possible to finish this one without spending gold and if you didn't have the Frost Wolf dragon to send on the required quests?

AliceWinter24
11-29-16, 08:33 AM
Respectfully disagree. Since I was stuck on Bengal for 2 days, having Frostwolf able to collect all my materials while I waited made all the difference for me!

I got behind too, and didn't have enough time to send Ice Giant out on quests. I would have made it with the help of Frostwolf, but unfortunately I don't have him. So I would definitely agree with you that having Frostwolf was way more than a slight advantage.

zaaracake
11-29-16, 10:26 AM
@LadySilverWolf...I didn't have frostwolf. He's a beauty, wish I had him but it's hard to play at work. I spent slightly more than 200 gold to get Huntress but 150 of that was purely my bad, viz. I started the event with too little food stockpiled to level ice giant to the required L14. It's very difficult (be prepared to lose sleep) but it is doable without frostwolf, I'd say. I see some people on this thread who have spent much less gold than I have...
However saying all that...the event has wiped me out. I won't be able to do anything else for ages. Im planting diadates like crazy but my food pile is laughable now.

LadySilverWolf
11-29-16, 10:43 AM
@LadySilverWolf...I didn't have frostwolf. He's a beauty, wish I had him but it's hard to play at work. I spent slightly more than 200 gold to get Huntress but 150 of that was purely my bad, viz. I started the event with too little food stockpiled to level ice giant to the required L14. It's very difficult (be prepared to lose sleep) but it is doable without frostwolf, I'd say. I see some people on this thread who have spent much less gold than I have...
However saying all that...the event has wiped me out. I won't be able to do anything else for ages. Im planting diadates like crazy but my food pile is laughable now.

I think I might have had a better chance if I had seen it when it first started and if I didn't have the glitches. I missed out on frostwolf because that tournament happened to be on a weekend when I was camping (no data/internet) and didn't see it till we got home and it only had a few hours left. I'd love to have that dragon but missed out.

My food is currently almost 11,000 - been planting rushrooms and upgrapes this morning. I don't have the coins to plant diamond dates more than once today so I'm having to try and build up my food and my coins. My dragons must be slackers because they don't seem to earn as much as other players do - especially for my level. I have many level 3 dragons waiting their turn in the evolution chamber and quite a few level 4 dragons that I can't afford to feed to bump them up. :(

vicious1138
11-29-16, 12:10 PM
This event sucked! It was almost impossible to get enough runes to complete it between the hatching and evolving. I ended up buying one rune so I can get on with the battles. Hopefully things will go well but I have some hard dragons ahead today. I really don't like that the tournament is still going.

amerirish
11-29-16, 12:24 PM
This is going to come down to the wire for me since it freaking auto started on the US Thanksgiving Day :mad: I hadn't checked my game that much since I was busy with my FAMILY! :(

LavaMagic
11-29-16, 12:48 PM
I have had so many Fuzzy dragons I lost count, but now I can't seem to hatch one. I have been trying for days. This will be a BIG fail!

islanddoll1
11-29-16, 02:26 PM
You have purposely made this event difficult, shame on you! I am struggling to win some battles trying to finish to move ahead but I know I won't unless I stay awake till 3am here (my time when the event ends). Come on, I have a full time job and I'm a full time single parent. Who are these events geared toward with these outrageous time constraints? I am happy for those of you that finished, I really am. I'll be up till 3am trying not to fail too badly.

DR0G0N
11-29-16, 02:59 PM
So...I was busy with life, work, holiday. I was being very optimistic thinking I could do it w/o spending gold, but I was way too exhausted with what's going on in life that I needed sleep. With 9 hours to complete the last chapter, looks like I'll have to skip chapter 6 of act 3: harvest Pumpwings (52 gold). Already speed up some of my battles for chapter 5 and ultimate on Immortal since he was holding me up for 2 days. Possibly need to spend more than 158 golds for this tale. Hope I get enough Frozen Runes in time.

kerisa76
11-29-16, 03:46 PM
This one was definitely not fun at all.It has proven impossible for me, with the holiday traveling, cooking and spending time with family. Why aren't we getting any kind of breaks between events? Stressful does not make for a good time.

LadySilverWolf
11-29-16, 03:53 PM
This is going to come down to the wire for me since it freaking auto started on the US Thanksgiving Day :mad: I hadn't checked my game that much since I was busy with my FAMILY! :(

It started on Thanksgiving?! No wonder it felt like I was so far behind! I honestly didn't see it till Saturday even though I had played a bit on Thanksgiving on again on Friday - just didn't think to check the forum. No pop-up, no scroll book on my island, nothing to alert me that there was a Tales going on. And yes, I agree, auto-starting on a major US holiday is not cool, especially one as family oriented as Thanksgiving is. Good luck! I hope you're able to finish it!

ievuxia
11-29-16, 03:54 PM
Did anyone notice if the Ice Giant dragon ever gave 3 runes? I need 3 more of them for the Door to Honor but don't have the time to finish another quest..

EDIT: never mind.. it gave only 2 runes, I'll need to spend gold to finish these tales..

islanddoll1
11-29-16, 07:05 PM
Staying up late trying to win Huntress but the game refuses to open. How much more of this must I endure!?

hungryres
11-29-16, 07:13 PM
Did anyone notice if the Ice Giant dragon ever gave 3 runes? I need 3 more of them for the Door to Honor but don't have the time to finish another quest..

EDIT: never mind.. it gave only 2 runes, I'll need to spend gold to finish these tales..

i think i rec'd 3 runes before.
but when you need 3 to craft thing, of coz your quest only gave you 1 or 2 at a time.
and my last quest sent out try to get one last rune, it gave me 3. so i now have two in storage.

DR0G0N
11-30-16, 12:45 AM
Staying up late trying to win Huntress but the game refuses to open. How much more of this must I endure!?

I really hope you get it after all the trouble you went through. I'm also staying up till 3 am just to finish the tale. Spent close to 200 golds by now since I didn't have time to play. >_> Still less than the cost of the Frostwolf (I needed more than 300 golds at that point to get the wolf, but I pass on it, which I don't regret :] )

islanddoll1
11-30-16, 01:09 AM
I really hope you get it after all the trouble you went through. I'm also staying up till 3 am just to finish the tale. Spent close to 200 golds by now since I didn't have time to play. >_> Still less than the cost of the Frostwolf (I needed more than 300 golds at that point to get the wolf, but I pass on it, which I don't regret :] )

Sigh... Sadly, I couldn't make it. Time just ran out. Hope u did though :)

zaaracake
11-30-16, 01:19 AM
@LadySilverWolf...hope you got her?

I think I might have had a better chance if I had seen it when it first started and if I didn't have the glitches. I missed out on frostwolf because that tournament happened to be on a weekend when I was camping (no data/internet) and didn't see it till we got home and it only had a few hours left. I'd love to have that dragon but missed out.

My food is currently almost 11,000 - been planting rushrooms and upgrapes this morning. I don't have the coins to plant diamond dates more than once today so I'm having to try and build up my food and my coins. My dragons must be slackers because they don't seem to earn as much as other players do - especially for my level. I have many level 3 dragons waiting their turn in the evolution chamber and quite a few level 4 dragons that I can't afford to feed to bump them up. :(

zaaracake
11-30-16, 01:20 AM

Too bad! I feel ya. Same thing happened to me with frostwolf and the between worlds events

zaaracake
11-30-16, 01:21 AM

Congrats, I spent about the same!

DR0G0N
11-30-16, 01:39 AM

I wonder why the game won't open for you. That must be really frustrating. :-/

In order to prevent any freeze and/or reduce lag, I have been opening and closing the game. Also, boost the game to refresh it. B/c with BINGO implemented, it's making my android more laggy and freezy. But I made sure to have it stay open in the last 10 minutes.

And yes, I did. Thanks. :] It was very close. Just finish crafting and speeding through 4 battles, all under 5 minutes. Lol, did something similar in pasts leaderboard events.

In the end, I spent about 172 golds (speeding battles, speeding quests, skip an act, purchasing frozen stones, and ultimating Immortal). Started with 2,000,000 apples ended with 1,875,000 apples. Tbh, even though I wasn't able to play as often as I wanted to, I think I didn't do too bad. But usually I don't spend any gold in Tales, so this was really a first. I tried to make each piece of gold stretch.

Anyways, I hope you get to complete the next Tale with no issues. It was nice to have someone to stay up with me doing this. XD

debrasbistro
11-30-16, 03:42 AM
My huntress is gone

Leana47
11-30-16, 08:15 AM
My huntress is gone

Mine did too (see post #123). No reaction from S8 :mad:.

JMThrive
11-30-16, 10:51 AM
Mine did too (see post #123). No reaction from S8 :mad:.

My Huntress dragon is missing as well. Opened a ticket with Storm8. They really need to get their act together.

JMThrive
12-01-16, 12:59 PM
I did get Huntress dragon back today

asom9868
01-02-17, 10:14 PM
Good luck. Immortal didn't give me a real problem but inquisitor did. If it's any consolation, if you have to ultimate the thing, the next ones were really easy, I did chapter 5 having the last three dragons to do and no real issue. Saved my free videos up and sent out my best battlers.

As a side not, I know sometimes if I get a tough one, I mix up the bash and magic. I've also had great luck on waiting a 1/2 hour or so and then speeding it up. Something just feels like it resets itself. Keep cycling any Adipps and metal you have. Since you have tons of food, feed you diamond or infinity up a level. That's worked for me twin the past. When those font work find some low level, good for nothing common and suit him up - my son has awesome, random luck with level 4's "that will never work, mom". I also have good luck with three color dragons. You'll get him soon!

What does Adipps stand for?

katali119
01-03-17, 02:01 AM
Achilles
Diamond
Infinity
Passion
Pyramid
Soccer

(I asked on the tournament thread a couple of days ago :) )