PDA

View Full Version : So sick of 1/2/3 hr cook times with abysmal yields ..come on, S8, have mercy!!!!

callmetired
11-21-16, 11:06 AM
I am so burned out with the cramped cooking times of most goal & other recent ovens with 1 & 2 hour recipes. I have 3 BS & 3 RS and it's a nasty chore to cook all the short times everywhere...it's practically a full time activity and an extremely monotonous waste of time and effort.

I've built & mastered every oven except the last goal ovens. Finally wised up, packed those away for now. I'm cooking Red Velvet Cake and Apple Pie only, indefinitely.

What a relief!

slayer7000
11-22-16, 05:45 AM
Yeah i wish they'd go back to the old format of cheaper ovens and longer cooking times :(

deekathleen
11-22-16, 05:00 PM
Yes, please give us some 6+ hour cook times.

ksbmommy
11-22-16, 06:25 PM
Yes, please. I have a job and cannot check in every hour or two. Longer cook times would be much appreciated!

zeldashepard
11-29-16, 08:33 PM
Agreed! My food spoils regularly because i can't check on my food at work.

monstertop
11-30-16, 01:54 PM
They gave us 30 min recipe today...

deekathleen
11-30-16, 02:58 PM
They gave us 30 min recipe today...

Well I guess technically it's not a 1 2 or3 hour recipe ha ha lol

sunshineblossom76
11-30-16, 05:20 PM
I personally am disabled can't leave the house and play this game all day everyday I personally love the shorter recipes. I wish they had more shorter options under an hour in the normal mixer and oven. But that's just me. Everyone's different.

sunbeamsandrainshowers
12-01-16, 12:51 PM
I love lower recipes I'm on the game a lot and like to keep myself occupied in the day so I love as many lower as possible. Wish more were available without goals or old versions on android. On basic machines. I love this game. I also don't think any recipes should be over 12 hours. I know everyone will disagree but it's what I would like though it's unrealistic. I know that

deekathleen
12-01-16, 07:32 PM
I would actually love some more 12+ hour recipes

sally_brown
12-03-16, 08:09 PM
Count me as someone who prefers longer recipes. I can't check my game while I'm at work. It'd be nice if each oven had one 1-2 hour recipe, one 6-7 hour recipe, and one 12-15 hour recipe. I feel like that would be a nice compromise between people who prefer longer times and people who prefer shorter times.

Scawr
12-03-16, 08:19 PM
You must be talking about a specific oven here, because there are plenty of ovens that have long cooking times.
& those that I can think of, at the top of my head, happen to be the ones that give you the most XP & money.

deekathleen
12-04-16, 03:39 PM
You must be talking about a specific oven here, because there are plenty of ovens that have long cooking times.
& those that I can think of, at the top of my head, happen to be the ones that give you the most XP & money.

I have finished most of the older ovens with long cook times and all the newer ones have short cook times.

callmetired
03-29-17, 01:24 PM
I would actually love some more 12+ hour recipes

Me too! Also 16 & 22 hr.

With nothing to master, I'm all about RVC anyway.

callmetired
03-29-17, 01:31 PM

When I started this thread, I meant specifically goal ones.

The worst part is the lousy yields for almost every goal oven. You're hassling constantly to keep things from spoiling and in the end the quantities are a joke.

This is not my idea of fun.

adelpio123
04-05-17, 02:58 AM
I myself am very busy at working hours so before I leave for work I cook long hour recipes and during my free time I cook short hour recipes... just cook according to your daily plans

bravewarrior
06-17-17, 09:32 AM
Yes, please, add more short-timed recipes. I love sitting around on a summer's day doing one hour food for no real profit; only to have the food rot. And after I'm done, the 10% sell rate on the oven is wonderful too. Nothing like buying a $30k oven and only getting $3k back.

Seriously , these one hour foods need to stop. I have a job, kids, grandkid, puppyperson, and a life. Your cook times are adding to the obesity in America.

bravewarrior
06-17-17, 09:41 AM

I'm on level 99 with all the items cooked and my counters would be empty if I didn't do old recipes. (I even took my time with the ovens that cost 5 gems by only getting one oven. I'm done with those too). I did take a year off so there are some ovens locked, which I guess is a good thing as they are probably high priced ovens for low yield too.

zakstreats
10-03-17, 09:31 AM
I like the variety of cooking times. The shorter times are great for when you?re just piddling around. Because after all it?s a game not a job.

mixxed
11-29-17, 12:46 PM
I would like some cute 6+ hour cupcake recipes myself. Seems like a lot of the nice looking ones I wanted to display in my shop 24-7 are all 1-3 hours with low profit and count so its not worth it.

In general i enjoy both the short and long cook times. Just have to save some for the weekends. Of course for limited time goals this does cause a problem. Maybe some longer goal times would be useful to consider?

christmascandy1
02-04-18, 08:07 AM
we also need more 22+ hour foods....for us old timers