PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving County Fair - November 18, 2016 - Pet Turkey

judyandthecat
11-18-16, 03:45 PM
Thanksgiving County Fair Minimum level is 12 for participation. iOS only. This is a Fair Event.
Have fun and enjoy your event! Rynetory2 :D

Please use Farm 2: Buy/Sell (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76146-Farm-2-Buy-Sell) thread for sale of event items.
Any buy/sell posts in this thread will be removed. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Thank you Judy for updating the event information for the community! :o
Win a Pet Turkey

http://i66.tinypic.com/2qb68lg.jpg

Final preparations prior to event
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248484&viewfull=1#post1248484

Getting Started
This is a 10 days event. Day 1 starts when you click start. Subsequent days start at game reset time, midnight California time. Complete all 10 days to win the Grand Prize.

Event Prizes
Your event prizes may vary according to farm levels.

Day 1 requires 100 gems - Pilgrim Calf Skin
Day 2 requires 150 gems - Coins
Day 3 requires 200 gems - Pilgrim Chicken Skin
Day 4 requires 250 gems - Pet Food
Day 5 requires 300 gems - Barn Upgrade Kit
Day 6 requires 350 gems - Pilgrim Piglet Skin
Day 7 requires 400 gems - Silo Upgrade Kit
Day 8 requires 450 gems - Pilgrim Lamb Skin
Day 9 requires 500 gems - Golden Lure
Day 10 requires 550 gems - Pet Turkey
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar upon completion of each goal day.

http://i68.tinypic.com/123urd4.jpg

Event Boost
Refer to Guidelines for Fair Event (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248484&viewfull=1#post1248484) on how event boosts work.

Mayflower
Earn extra Turkey feathers from boosts to finish each day faster!
If you purchase the Mayflower you collect Turkey feathers every two hours.
You will receive the Mayflower at the end of the event as a decoration.

Goals
Goal 1 of 3:
Dressing For Dinner
Win the Pilgrim Calf in the County Fair
REWARDS: 720 coins, 550 experience points

Goal 2 of 3:
Dressing For Dinner
Win the Pilgrim Chicken in the County Fair
REWARDS: 1080 coins, 770 experience points

Goal 3 of 3
Dressing for Dinner
Win the Pilgrim Piglet in the County Fair
REWARDS: 1450 coins, 990 experience points

(INSERT GOALS SCREENS)
(USE SPOILER IF THERE ARE MANY)

Side Goal (optional) (if any)
(Goal title)
(Task caption)
REWARDS:

(INSERT SIDE GOAL SCREEN)

caron7
11-18-16, 06:39 PM
The adult turkey is also popping up randomly on the farm, with drops like cornbread, quiche, pumpkin truffle, pumpkin soup, and, I heard from my neighbor, balloon tickets. You can buy a turkey crossing sign for 75 gems to increase his visit frequency to every 5 minutes. But I find he hides too well... Inside groves of trees, etc. I had the turkey crossing sign last year, but it is not in my cellar now?!

Also check your crop plots, you have 4 starter pumpkins to plant. These take 2 hours to grow and are needed for the event timed pumpkin foods.

caron7
11-19-16, 07:55 AM
For day 2 of the county fair, I received 10,000 coins on my high level farm and my son's level 34 farm received 3,000.

Clark_Wayne
11-19-16, 08:00 AM
will try for the tools (paints...) :D

ginrae22
11-19-16, 11:26 AM
Everyone else saw that it originally said 44 days or something right?!! I keep seeing it flash between 43 and 9 days lol! I'm not posting this to report a bug that's why I'm posting it here. I just wanted to make sure I'm not the only one seeing it haha!

wiki9721
11-19-16, 11:40 AM
I do not understand why pumpkins are not fixed and Cultivation of rolled turkey

MiriellaBella
11-19-16, 11:41 AM
We saw the 44 days too. It has been corrected now thank goodness.

MiriellaBella
11-19-16, 11:44 AM
I don't see any pumpkin plots.

duckbean
11-19-16, 11:53 AM
Is there anything going on for Android? I can grow pumpkins and make new dishes. But there are no goals for anything

mearro
11-19-16, 12:30 PM
I see the 2x ore showing 9 days but when you click you see barely 2 days left...
Of course, I haven't been asked yet to submit pumpkin items and they just sit in my barn taking space

PookieBear50
11-19-16, 02:27 PM
For day 2 of the county fair, I received 10,000 coins on my high level farm and my son's level 34 farm received 3,000.

This has happened in previous County Fair events. Perhaps it has to do with the farm level and the higher cost associated with what items are available for purchase for higher level farms, and thus the amount received as a prize is scaled to reflect that?

I don't see any pumpkin plots.

They are not specifically pumpkin plots as with the Halloween event. Instead, if you harvest some crops, you should see the pumpkin as an option to be planted in the regular crop plots.

MiriellaBella
11-20-16, 07:27 AM
Ok. Thank you. I scrolled over through the crops and found the pumpkins. Will they disappear after the event?

caron7
11-20-16, 03:10 PM
[QUOTE=PookieBear50;1369318]This has happened in previous County Fair events. Perhaps it has to do with the farm level and the higher cost associated with what items are available for purchase for higher level farms, and thus the amount received as a prize is scaled to reflect that?

Yes, I was just reporting so it could be added to post 1. :) thanks

caron7
11-20-16, 03:11 PM
Ok. Thank you. I scrolled over through the crops and found the pumpkins. Will they disappear after the event?

It seems that they will disappear, as they have a timer next to them in the silo.

caron7
11-20-16, 03:13 PM
We saw the 44 days too. It has been corrected now thank goodness.

Just for the record, I am seeing 41 days when I login, but it changes to 8. 41 days of a county fair would empty my barn for sure!!

Rynetory2
11-20-16, 05:43 PM
In case some of you are wondering, the 40+ days should be the full duration of this event which allows players to start their fair later. This is a 10 days event counting from the day you start it. Your game may show 40ish days at initial load for a few seconds (like our coins at max) and adjust to the actual figures, if you have started your event. Hope this helps.

Rynetory2
11-21-16, 07:40 AM
Issues posts on pilgrim chicken skin are moved to Pilgrim Chicken Skin causes chicken to freeze (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95697-Pilgrim-Chicken-Skin-causes-chicken-to-freeze) thread. Please post if you're having issues too.

Thanks DragonManda for reporting this.

anne202b
11-21-16, 10:01 AM
If I add a slot to the County Fair (50 gems), will that slot remain for future fairs?

d8jennifer
11-21-16, 05:16 PM
I could be wrong but at the very beginning of the County Fair event I swore I saw something saying that at the end we would win an exclusive pack of Fall themes for our buildings. Now all I see is that I win another pet. Has anyone else seen anything about that?

MisterBlu
11-22-16, 05:16 AM
Will the turkey be available to buy at the end of the event? Given the time it takes to make the items to make the items required for each stage, I am sure I won't have time to complete them all. I would dearly love to get the big bird to look after the 2 little ones I got from buying the bundles. They are SO cute.

mearro
11-22-16, 04:13 PM
I'm trying my best to craft time-consuming items but getting asked to deliver all the hard to make and obtain items, makes this event very tiring, I keep refreshing pretty much all the time.

ragingray
11-23-16, 09:24 PM
If I add a slot to the County Fair (50 gems), will that slot remain for future fairs?

short answer, no

MiriellaBella
11-24-16, 08:07 PM
If I finish one of the orders for today, I will reach 100% after midnight PST. Will I still get today's prize? Also, will I be able to start the next day right after I reach 100%?

PookieBear50
11-25-16, 12:59 AM
If I finish one of the orders for today, I will reach 100% after midnight PST. Will I still get today's prize? Also, will I be able to start the next day right after I reach 100%?

To the best of my knowledge, yes and yes.

minidemon88
11-25-16, 02:30 AM
I'm trying my best to craft time-consuming items but getting asked to deliver all the hard to make and obtain items, makes this event very tiring, I keep refreshing pretty much all the time.

Same problem here! Not sure if I can get the pet turkey, since I always have a problem coping with county fair event. Still stuck at day 3 out of my day 6 goals. =.=" Really not sure if I can catch up in-time for day 10. Feel like I'm been punished for being a high level farm. *sigh* All these hard-to-find orders just keep coming in non-stop. :(

panix
11-26-16, 11:33 AM
I really really hate these events!! They are hard to do, but the most annoying part for me is we are constantly forced to give away all our expensive, hard to craft items and not get any money for them!! Even deliveries give some money back, even if it isn't a lot. Please, please consider for the next event like this to give us some money for all the items we have to spend to get the prize :(

mearro
11-26-16, 03:28 PM
I really really hate these events!! They are hard to do, but the most annoying part for me is we are constantly forced to give away all our expensive, hard to craft items and not get any money for them!! Even deliveries give some money back, even if it isn't a lot. Please, please consider for the next event like this to give us some money for all the items we have to spend to get the prize :(

I hate giving away jewellers, granola, hiking packs, candles, truffle dishes, sauces and maple baskets and I'm constantly being asked for them...

PookieBear50
11-26-16, 09:44 PM
I am accustomed to having difficulty with County Fair events, but this one has been very frustrating, especially as it is the latest in a series of events that seem to have started one after the other, dating back into October. With all the different items needed for those earlier events, there has been scarcely any time between them to restock my inventory, so I am having to buy a lot more for this event than previous ones. I can only hope that any December events will be limited to ONE long event instead of two shorter events, because quite honestly, this is becoming ridiculously unbearable.

If I am able to find everything I need and manage some crafting overnight, I MAY complete this event, though I will likely need to use up what comparatively few gems I have to do it. Maybe.

yppahc
11-27-16, 04:48 AM
These events require good neighbours. I usually can do them as I have plenty of neighbours who sell hard to make items. There are still some, eg dollshouses, that I cannot buy so just concentrate on crafting them.

I think it would be impossible to complete without plenty of coins and buying approx 80% of the items.

I just finished and my turkey was in my cellar, that was on iphone.

Rynetory2
11-27-16, 08:33 AM
Bug posts from members not getting their turkey are moved to bug thread. Thanksgiving County Fair - no grand prize turkey (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95810-Thanksgiving-County-Fair-no-grand-prize-turkey). Please see my reply there.

As for others who are having this issue, please make a report there. Thanks.

PookieBear50
11-28-16, 01:03 AM
Managed to finish the event, spending only a few gems (4) to finish up the last 1%. The Turkey showed up in the cellar. I was careful to "save" the game by closing the app completely, then went back in to place the Turkey on my farm.

Not an easy County Fair event by any means...almost down to my last 10,000 coins (which really don't go very far, all things considered) by the end. I fervently hope that whatever events that are planned for December are much, much easier and friendlier to players.