PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov 17, 2016

Rynetory2
11-17-16, 05:38 AM
Thanksgiving Cruise This is a 10 days cruise.

Timmy the turkey has a new RECIPE to teach you!

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/RS2/IMG_2549_zpsme87wb8o.jpeg

Catering Cruise Guides
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83324-Orders-for-Cruise-Catering-Event*-(-o-)-*

Cruise Day
This cruise uses Set A in http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide&p=1343792&viewfull=1#post1343792

Prizes
Once you have completed all 10 days, Timmy the turkey will visit your restaurant and drop you ingredient to make the Mini Pumpkin Pies.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/RS2/IMG_2553_zpsjuewmvmb.jpeg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/RS2/IMG_2550_zpsyy78o3lq.jpeg

Previous release: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86596-Thanksgiving-Cruise-Ship-Event

Rynetory2
11-17-16, 05:38 AM
Foodie Friendsgiving

Goals
Many thanks, lnztrekfan! :D

Foodie Friendsgiving Event:
Awards Recipe Pumpkin Soup on Commercial Stove.
Goal line has a timer of 12 days on it.

Part 1:
Serve Tomato Soup
Learn Butter Herb Potatoes
Win Fall Planter in day 1 of Thanksgiving Cruise
Note: I completed the Thanksgiving Cruise last year so my step 3 "Complete day 1 of cruise" auto completed.
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34545

Part 2:
Serve 4 Sugar cookies
Master level 1 Buttered Herb Potatoes (3 cooks)
Win Harvest Cart from Day 5 Thanksgiving Cruise
Note: Step 3 Auto completed from previous cruise as I have not started this Thanksgiving cruise!
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34546

Part 3:
Master level 2 Butter Herb Potatoes (6 cooks)
Serve Pumpkin pies 1x
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34550

Prize
Pumpkin Soup

4 Potatoes
4 creams
2 Tomatoes
1 hour cook time, 2,000 coins and 200 servings
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34562

Limited Recipes

Butter Herb Potatoes:
3 cream, 2 Potatoes, 1 cheese
1 1/2 hour cook time
1200 coins and 600 servings
Note: Diner Oven (19 day timer)
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34547

Mastery

cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb
11-17-16, 03:40 PM
Hi,

As I just opened my game I noticed a new cruise docked and it's a thanksgiving cruise. The prize for completing the cruise is the visitor Timmy the Turkey and the recipe shown in the picture looks identical to the mini pumpkin pies.

So far so good right ? What has me puzzled is that last year on a thanksgiving cruise I already unlocked Timmy the turkey and the mini pumpkin pies recipe :confused:

So I'm wondering what will happen to the Timmy I have now ? Do I need to complete the cruise again to keep him around ? Will he just stay as normal ?

Another peculiar thing is that the foodie friends giving quest already gave me credit for completing day 1 of the cruise while I haven't started it yet and it also says I need to learn the butter herb potatoes while I have the recipe on a second mastery level already

MysticOrchid
11-17-16, 03:51 PM
The new recipe that you can learn looks the same but is a whole new recipe that you can master.

It seems all decorations are from last year, too. If you don't complete it nothing from last year "earned" will go away.

We've had a few other recipes that look like old dishes, but is a whole new recipe.

ghjvcucjb
11-17-16, 04:14 PM
If we finish the cruise, do we get a second Timmy? If not, then I will sit this one out

dragon2046
11-17-16, 04:18 PM
So Halloween was a repeat from last year and now thanksgiving is too is it safe to assume the Christmas event will be a repeat also? Not being negative, just asking. I think it's great that others who were not playing last year get a chance to have the items. I'm just busy this time of year so if it is going to be another duplicate I can ignore the game until holidays are over. :)

pivolet
11-17-16, 04:44 PM
If it's a different recipe like someone said above then couldn't you guys at least change the food into something else...is RS2 really lacking in money to hire designers for a new recipe lol. This just screams lazy to me.

11-17-16, 05:07 PM
Oh wait I just noticed I had the butter herb potatoes confused with the Rosemary potato recipe since they use the same picture.
I was already familiar with pictures of recipes being rehashed and getting a new name. Just like the fantasy float and dark choc were one root beer and root beer float and the sprinkle chiffon and confetti cake etc etc. I have to agree it is a tad uninspiring these get reused and add to the confusion a bit when playing the game.

That's why I'm also confused about Timmy and trying to decide whether I an sit out this cruise or not. Sure I do like others getting another shot at stuff they couldn't have played for before yet so that's not my issue. I just want to decide whether to go for the cruise or not as it sure would affect the way I play the next few weeks.

Aerial123456
11-17-16, 06:23 PM
I was wondering the same thing! I think it's great they're recycling cruises to give players the opportunity to get old decor. I know I've been wanting to do the Egyptian cruise! I'm playing the cruise just to get the gold stamps, since I already have the decor and Timmy.

lnztrekfan
11-17-16, 07:34 PM
The recipe is the same. I was double checking since I completed this cruise last year. You can see in your recipe book if you have unlocked the recipe already it now has a timer on it. Here is both a recipe from my stove and book. You can also see that I only made it 5 times over this year! I doubt you will get two Timmys.
The only thing I am a little concerned about is the new goal line that awards the pumpkin soup on the commercial stove. But since the first part included winning the prize from day 1 of cruise and it auto completed I am guessing if you finished cruise last year you should be fine.

See how the pumpkin pie has a timer on it but isn't locked. It's the same recipe.

lnztrekfan
11-17-16, 07:45 PM

Butter Herb Potatoes:
Note: Diner Oven (19 day timer)
3 cream, 2 Potatoes, 1 cheese
1 1/2 hour cook time
1200 coins and 600 servings

Part 1:
Serve Tomato Soup
Learn Butter Herb Potatoes
Win Fall Planter in day 1 of Thanksgiving Cruise
Note: I completed the Thanksgiving Cruise last year so my step 3 "Complete day 1 of cruise" auto completed.

Part 2:
Serve 4 Sugar cookies
Master level 1 Buttered Herb Potatoes (3 cooks)
Win Harvest Cart from Day 5 Thanksgiving Cruise
Note: Step 3 Auto completed from previous cruise as I have not started this Thanksgiving cruise!

Part 3:
Master level 2 Butter Herb Potatoes (6 cooks)
Serve Pumpkin pies 1x

bakerzdozn
11-17-16, 08:21 PM
Is it too late to change the recipe ingredients for the Pumpkin Soup? Since Timmy has to drop the pumpkins upon his visit...let's use the pumpkins for both the Mini Pumkin Pies and the Pumpkin Soup. However, perhaps you want the players whom are unable to finish the Thanksgiving Cruise event, to still have the opportunity to make Pumpkin Soup. I didn't think about that.

clothespeg
11-17-16, 08:24 PM
I was wondering the same thing! I think it's great they're recycling cruises to give players the opportunity to get old decor. I know I've been wanting to do the Egyptian cruise! I'm playing the cruise just to get the gold stamps, since I already have the decor and Timmy..

I too am doing the cruise just to get the silver/gold stamps. Will I get another Timmy on completion of this cruise ?

11-17-16, 08:47 PM
I was wondering the same thing! I think it's great they're recycling cruises to give players the opportunity to get old decor. I know I've been wanting to do the Egyptian cruise! I'm playing the cruise just to get the gold stamps, since I already have the decor and Timmy. I,d love another shot at the Valentine oven event thingy. I missed that one. I think I started playing around that time and was probably too low leveled or started shortly after.

I too will probably be playing for the gold stamps too as those butters are hard to come by. However its quite a more relaxing cruise if you don't have to finish the last 2 days or so.

Is it too late to change the recipe ingredients for the Pumpkin Soup? Since Timmy has to drop the pumpkins upon his visit...let's use the pumpkins for both the Mini Pumkin Pies and the Pumpkin Soup. However, perhaps you want the players whom are unable to finish the Thanksgiving Cruise event, to still have the opportunity to make Pumpkin Soup. I didn't think about that.
If they make mini pumpkins an ingredient for the pumpkin soup then chances are I'll never cook the pumpkin soup as the mini pumpkin pies is a gem recipe and every cook drops a gem or a few of them.

I'm not to sure if I will get around to cooking this new pumpkin soup anytime soon anyway. I am working on mastering recipes and I have a ton of commercial range recipes left to master which almost all require cream and that soup needs 4 cream and 4 potatoes.

Cream is a highly overused ingredient as is. Quite a few of the gem recipes I have require cream as well and I'd like to keep up with making them. Second the commercial range is starting to get rather crowded with recipes and is highly overused. It has 3-4 times the amount of recipes compared to other appliances.

MauiLady7
11-17-16, 11:34 PM
Are they serious a 6 hour pumpkin pie recipe for the cruise?

No wonder she only made 5 of them a year later! And thats for gems too! I guess I'm doing the cruise for the stamps then. Not too late to change the time on it!

pansylover
11-18-16, 03:34 AM
I'll skip this cruise, but hopefully Christmas will be a repeat of last year. Only cruise I didn't complete because on Day 10, S8 suddenly stopped accepting my user to sign in on any of their games. I agree it would be nice to repeat the Valentine challenge, I loved reading people's posts about waiting for Frank, some were hilarious.

spinningwheel
11-18-16, 04:17 AM
Hi. I notice a lot of you mention not doing the cruise because you already have Timmy the Turkey. I did too, but the recipe has been removed from my stove! Timmy still visits and gives me pumpkins, but the pumpkin recipe is gone. Anyone else have this problem?

11-18-16, 05:03 AM
Are they serious a 6 hour pumpkin pie recipe for the cruise?

No wonder she only made 5 of them a year later! And thats for gems too! I guess I'm doing the cruise for the stamps then. Not too late to change the time on it!

Yes it takes 6 hours to cook and for me it's not really a problem. I have 2 other gem recipes which take a long time to cook. Beef Wellington and baked Alaska both take 5 hours. I did however invest in a second celebration stove quite some time ago because I have 8 different gem recipes to cook on the celebration stove. And a second is pretty necessary for me to keep up with cooking the various gem recipes. I do wish we'd get a second jubilee oven already because I can't keep up cooking the various gem recipes I have on that one. I recently burned quite a few quick services to punch out a few dishes on that one.

I fully mastered mini pumpkin pies quite a while ago. I just cook the long cooking gem recipes at night and the shorter ones during the day or if I have no short ones to cook or have a busy day ahead I cook them during the day as well.

Hi. I notice a lot of you mention not doing the cruise because you already have Timmy the Turkey. I did too, but the recipe has been removed from my stove! Timmy still visits and gives me pumpkins, but the pumpkin recipe is gone. Anyone else have this problem?
Can you double check if it was indeed removed ? In my case it wasn't removed (I thought that too at first) and then noticed it moved on the list of recipes. It used to be listed right below beef Wellington and above coconut curry fish. Now it's listed in between Mina's cupcakes and scotch eggs for me which is lower on the list. Or sort the recipes by their cooking time and check which has the longest time.

BonnieBobbles
11-18-16, 05:56 AM
Hi.. does this thanksgiving cruise (just finished last one 4 days ago) pumpkin recipe give out a gem if you Finish? Thanks

11-18-16, 06:22 AM
Hi.. does this thanksgiving cruise (just finished last one 4 days ago) pumpkin recipe give out a gem if you Finish? Thanks

Yes. Once you've finished the cruise Timmy will be a permanent visitor to your restaurant and will drop pumpkins which you need to cook the mini pumpkin pie recipe and each time you serve it you will be rewarded 1 or several gems.

Rynetory2
11-18-16, 07:31 AM

Your post is awesome and so complete! I've removed my contents and added your post to Post 2 instead. Thank you so much! :D

Rynetory2
11-18-16, 07:34 AM

Mine is still there in the celebration stove. Can you check yours again and scroll further down as mentioned by cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb? Hope you find it. Please let me know if you're still missing the recipe. Good luck!

SunUpSunDown
11-18-16, 08:11 AM
I just finished Foodie Friendsgiving and unlocked pumpkin soup.
There is only one mini pumpkin pies on the celebration stove. (I finished Thanksgiving cruise last year.).
I am now finished with 2016 Thanksgiving cruise.
The prizes for this Thanksgiving cruise are still available to earn.

Unlock pumpkin soup=unlock mini pumpkin pies.
Or if you already have mini pumpkin pies from last year, you finish cruise early. (You can still work for stamps and other prizes.)
That is, I am on day 2 of 2016 Thanksgiving cruise and have all the recipes. If I want the stamps etc., I have to complete each of remaining cruise days.

lnztrekfan
11-18-16, 09:35 AM
Your post is awesome and so complete! I've removed my contents and added your post to Post 2 instead. Thank you so much! :D

Wow! Thanks so much Rynestory2! Glad I could help:)

ghjvcucjb
11-18-16, 11:01 AM
If we finish the cruise, do we get a second Timmy? If not, then I will sit this one out

Maybe I'm just not seeing the answer to this question. But if we finish this will we get a second Timmy? Thanks

kooky panda
11-18-16, 11:21 AM
Maybe I'm just not seeing the answer to this question. But if we finish this will we get a second Timmy? Thanks
No you will not. Sorry

Jennerwein1
11-19-16, 05:31 AM
I will just do this cruise for the stamps, and maybe I will get a second fox (?). Hopefully they will repeat other cruises, like Valentine and wedding, since I missed those, being without wifi or lte.

spinningwheel
11-19-16, 07:22 AM
Mine is still there in the celebration stove. Can you check yours again and scroll further down as mentioned by cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb? Hope you find it. Please let me know if you're still missing the recipe. Good luck!

You're right! Thanks. Since I've mastered all those dishes I don't scroll down, so I missed it :)

Rynetory2
11-19-16, 09:15 AM
You're right! Thanks. Since I've mastered all those dishes I don't scroll down, so I missed it :)

Glad that you found it, thanks to cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb. :) Thanks for your update.

lnztrekfan
11-19-16, 02:09 PM
Here is a pic of pumpkin pie soup recipe card with servings and coins
4 Potatoes
4 creams
2 Tomatoes

LittleLemonForest
11-19-16, 05:31 PM
I was wondering the same thing! I think it's great they're recycling cruises to give players the opportunity to get old decor. I know I've been wanting to do the Egyptian cruise! I'm playing the cruise just to get the gold stamps, since I already have the decor and Timmy.

oh wow, there was an egyptian cruise? i hope they do bring that back.

Rynetory2
11-20-16, 07:58 AM
Here is a pic of pumpkin pie soup recipe card with servings and coins

4 Potatoes
4 creams
2 Tomatoes

Added to Post 2. Cheers. :)

hungryres
11-20-16, 07:55 PM
oh wow, there was an egyptian cruise? i hope they do bring that back.

same with RS, sometimes they do bring back old goal and such, but never the ones that i missed.

egyptian cruise was in my early days playing RS2 , and i couldn't finish that one.
i already have Timmy the turkey, and likely i will stop after playing for the stamps.

LittleLemonForest
11-25-16, 12:03 AM
same with RS, sometimes they do bring back old goal and such, but never the ones that i missed.

egyptian cruise was in my early days playing RS2 , and i couldn't finish that one.
i already have Timmy the turkey, and likely i will stop after playing for the stamps.

but i thought timmy the turkey's bringing a SECOND gem earning recipe? or am i not understanding this?

does anyone know what oven it's gonna be on, jubilee or celebration?
i desperately wait for another jubilee oven oooomg

and man it sucks they can't even bring back last years decor?
we haven't had good new decor in a while, i feel like we used to get it more often....

11-25-16, 01:07 AM
but i thought timmy the turkey's bringing a SECOND gem earning recipe? or am i not understanding this?

does anyone know what oven it's gonna be on, jubilee or celebration?
i desperately wait for another jubilee oven oooomg

and man it sucks they can't even bring back last years decor?
we haven't had good new decor in a while, i feel like we used to get it more often....

The gem recipe unlocked on this cruise is the same as last years. It's the 6 hour mini pumpkin pies on the celebration stove. So those who missed out last year have another shot at getting Timmy. Several who already have Timmy are playing for the stamps mostly.

I too am hoping they add another Jubilee oven soon! I simply can't keep up with all the gem recipes on that one.

pivolet
11-25-16, 10:33 AM
I would love if they brought back the Egyptian cruise. I think I missed another cruise long ago but I dont remember what it was. Was it the Hawaiian one?

Hope they bring back the Easter Egg event and Valentine oven too!

punk79
11-26-16, 05:46 PM
It would be cool to have the London (Beef Wellington) and the pride (with David Bowie tie pasta) challenge again since I missed out on that, also the first Valentine's Day oven restaurant story 2 ever had. Fellow players can anyone tell me is it necessary to complete the Thanksgiving cruise if you already have the pies? PS to other players feel free to add punk79

LittleLemonForest
11-26-16, 09:59 PM
oh so if you've finished the cruise last time, he won't bring a new recipe, but you still have the opportunity to get a second timmy the turkey? so more pumpkins dropping? (i'm assuming ur second timmy is supposed to be dropping pumpkins too?)

Sawabugh
11-27-16, 01:07 AM
I have such a hard time finishing cruises, this is 2nd chance at Timmy with no luck. I got slammed with wayyyy too many items that I either can't unlock yet ($$$$$$$) or can't cook yet due to always struggling to save coins. I don't know how people do it all. I had to constantly refresh, spent too many gems trying to speed up refreshing....I got to last day (again) and last item (Timmy, same thing on last cruise) and stuck. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I barely even slept this time lol. Congratulations to those who got their turkey.

strawbewriee
11-27-16, 01:16 AM
I have such a hard time finishing cruises, this is 2nd chance at Timmy with no luck. I got slammed with wayyyy too many items that I either can't unlock yet ($$$$$$$) or can't cook yet due to always struggling to save coins. I don't know how people do it all. I had to constantly refresh, spent too many gems trying to speed up refreshing....I got to last day (again) and last item (Timmy, same thing on last cruise) and stuck. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I barely even slept this time lol. Congratulations to those who got their turkey.
If your level is high enough to cook all the food which offer high number of cruise coins and requires long hours to cook, just block your door & cook all the food to stack your counter so you can just cash in immediately. It shouldn't be a problem to complete the event :)

Rynetory2
11-27-16, 04:52 AM
oh so if you've finished the cruise last time, he won't bring a new recipe, but you still have the opportunity to get a second timmy the turkey? so more pumpkins dropping? (i'm assuming ur second timmy is supposed to be dropping pumpkins too?)

We can only have 1 Timmy. The post that you were replying to was a bug report. Hope this clarifies.

Rynetory2
11-27-16, 04:55 AM
If your level is high enough to cook all the food which offer high number of cruise coins and requires long hours to cook, just block your door & cook all the food to stack your counter so you can just cash in immediately. It shouldn't be a problem to complete the event :)

Just to let you know that blocking door is not part of the game design and some members had previously reported they lost their food on counters mid way during the cruise. It may not happen to you so you may not be aware but it's been known to happen to some.

Rynetory2
11-27-16, 04:56 AM
Bug posts on issues with Timmy are moved to Timmy the turkey issues (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95804-Timmy-the-turkey-issues). Please see there for update or make a report. Thanks.

dmaertens
11-27-16, 11:35 AM
How often does he show up? I have seen him once for hours. Need to get pumpkins or I stayed up all night for nothing. This is the first cruise I have been able to complete. Not sure how anyone does it without spending $$$ on gems. I usually play these just to get stamps. Do not expect to complete another cruise for quite some time. Would like to see the Turkey a bit more often.

doz1976
11-27-16, 12:04 PM
He comes every 6 hours maybe. I have managed to complete a few cruises now and to be honest because get gems from those it's really hard to complete them. Frustrated as can't unlock recipe so it's been for nothing and wasted gems!

Sawabugh
11-27-16, 04:14 PM

Thank you for the reply. I am level 54. I might try blocking the doors, even though the moderator says it could disappear. I haven't tried it on this game before. If anyone has had their food disappear do they at least get the coin amounts for them?

dmaertens
11-27-16, 06:42 PM
He comes every 6 hours maybe. I have managed to complete a few cruises now and to be honest because get gems from those it's really hard to complete them. Frustrated as can't unlock recipe so it's been for nothing and wasted gems!

6 hours? That is not enough. Would be more interesting to play if he came more often. Sorry but that draws things out too much. I agree it is too frustrating when you play to the end but too never have enough gems or helping hands to finish. If the game did not lessen the worth of completed dishes as it is played to such a ridiculous amount a player could enjoy playing by finishing once in a while. Usually I just play to get stamps...finishing has only happened once in the past year and that was this cruise. Oh well, guess I will try the next one if I can get some pumpkins this game to complete a dish or two.

hqt081194
11-28-16, 03:27 AM
i missed this cruise last year, so happy I can finish it this year ;)

kgp70282
11-28-16, 05:42 AM
Don't block your door just turn chairs around so no one can sit :)

gracelinda
11-28-16, 09:59 PM
I feel *****ed...had I known that completing the cruise would not benefit me with a new recipe, I would not have bothered. They should at least advertise that the ship is the SAME as last years. Wasted gems to complete it.

sherlock221bbaker
11-29-16, 12:23 AM
I feel *****ed...had I known that completing the cruise would not benefit me with a new recipe, I would not have bothered. They should at least advertise that the ship is the SAME as last years. Wasted gems to complete it.

Completed the cruise 10--12 hours ago and have been looking for Timmy for hours and no sign.
Is there some problem because unless I click on him I don't collect recipe
Are others having this problem? Will he turn up eventually?

Rynetory2
11-29-16, 04:36 AM
Completed the cruise 10--12 hours ago and have been looking for Timmy for hours and no sign.
Is there some problem because unless I click on him I don't collect recipe
Are others having this problem? Will he turn up eventually?

Try visiting another restaurant or restart your game and see if Timmy appears. Is your mini Pies still locked? You may be experiencing the same issue as others. See Timmy the turkey issues (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95804-Timmy-the-turkey-issues)

MauiLady7
11-29-16, 04:30 PM
6 hours? That is not enough. Would be more interesting to play if he came more often. Sorry but that draws things out too much. I agree it is too frustrating when you play to the end but too never have enough gems or helping hands to finish. If the game did not lessen the worth of completed dishes as it is played to such a ridiculous amount a player could enjoy playing by finishing once in a while. Usually I just play to get stamps...finishing has only happened once in the past year and that was this cruise. Oh well, guess I will try the next one if I can get some pumpkins this game to complete a dish or two.

He comes quicker than 6 hours more like every 2 hours. You don't have to be online for 2 hours straight to see Timmy either. Every time that I log in I get lots of cruise characters coming in and dropping goodies. Timmy may not be as often, but I figured it takes 6 hours to make a pie as opposed to 1 to 3 hours to make other cruise recipes. Just have patience while they work on the bug.

dmaertens
11-29-16, 07:05 PM
He comes quicker than 6 hours more like every 2 hours. You don't have to be online for 2 hours straight to see Timmy either. Every time that I log in I get lots of cruise characters coming in and dropping goodies. Timmy may not be as often, but I figured it takes 6 hours to make a pie as opposed to 1 to 3 hours to make other cruise recipes. Just have patience while they work on the bug.

I hope so. I get one pumpkin every 4 to 6 hours. Hard to make anything when you do not get the ingredients. He definitely does not come every 2 hours with the other characters. Look forward to seeing him more often, I hope.

Rynetory2
11-29-16, 07:23 PM
bug posts on issues with timmy are moved to timmy the turkey issues (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95804-timmy-the-turkey-issues). Please see there for update or make a report. Thanks.

fyi

Update: Solved

Hey guys, the team has fixed this. Your mini pumpkin pie should be unlocked for those who have completed the cruise. :d