PDA

View Full Version : Bingo boosts?

nero9423
11-08-16, 08:00 PM
How exactly do these work? I've tried every kind food breeding etc it doesn't do anything except giving a time for 1 hour? Doesn't decrease my actual times for anything. I wasted gold finishing an evolution to put another in in case I had to already have the boost started still don't work?

edit(KP)

If you are having issues getting your boost to work try this:

I've had the same, only with farm boosts, but find out something...
If I push EXACTLY at the small clock next to the apple on the boost-icon, the boost starts just like the other boosts!

ksbmommy
11-08-16, 08:09 PM
When you activate the boost it speeds up the countdown timer on that thing. If it's a 2x boost, you might not see much of a difference, but it's counting down two seconds at a time, versus one second. If you use the 5x boost, it's counting down 5 seconds at a time, you'll notice more of a difference with this one. On the 10x boost, it's counting down the time remaining time on your nest, farm, temple etc 10 seconds at a time.

Hope that makes sense.

nero9423
11-08-16, 08:15 PM
Ok I get it now. I just assumed if it was 2x it would take half the time it normally would. Thought I was wasting my time with them but now I see how they can be helpful. Thank you so much 😊

phiermale
11-24-16, 05:46 AM
I've done the same but it's not counting down any faster either at all.

cdreams1980
11-25-16, 04:36 PM
Can someone please explain to me how to use the breeding boost? I bred a 40 hour diamond type and clicked on a 5x breeding boost. Nothing happened except a 1 hour count down. Did I use it wrong?

roguebee
11-26-16, 08:55 PM
No. You did it right. Since you used a 5X boost, you sped up breeding by 5 hours over the 1 hour count down. As it was for a 40 hour dragon, you would not have seen anything else happen.

hungryres
11-27-16, 07:34 PM
is the boost for farm reducing the time like the boost for breeding too?
or does activating that gives you more food? (for example, twice the amt you are planting?)

i tried to click on boost for farm, remaining boost left did not change.
and nth done to the timer it seems. i can still see activate icon still on. ( i used breeding boost b4, and i think after activating one, the icon will "turn off" and you cannot select anymore)

papalove1
11-30-16, 07:34 PM
I keep winning all of these boosts from bingo but when I try to use them they do nothing.
I keep tapping on them and the tab just closes. No timer, No loss of the number of boosts remaining, just nothing.
Does anyone else have this issue?
Is there any fix?

marcatwolf
11-30-16, 07:45 PM
I keep winning all of these boosts from bingo but when I try to use them they do nothing.
I keep tapping on them and the tab just closes. No timer, No loss of the number of boosts remaining, just nothing.
Does anyone else have this issue?
Is there any fix?

I have the same issue. Tried tapping on the boost before the activity or after starting it. It doesn't matter. It never works! What a gold trap! I used many gold to get through the tasks to create the bingos. Very disappointing.

marcatwolf
11-30-16, 07:53 PM
my boosts aren't working at all either. wasted so much gold on this activity. now the steps are too hard for me to do even tho i've been playing since day one and have billions of coins and hundreds of dragons. some of the steps need certain dragons to breed and i don't have them after constant breeding of magic, mist, coral, sunlights, etc. over the years. (and those even with boosted breed often). this game is frustrating sometimes!

deadpixel
12-01-16, 01:03 AM
They seem to work fine for me.

I only use them to speed up activities for the Bingo so I can clear them quickly.

kooky panda
12-01-16, 12:20 PM
is the boost for farm reducing the time like the boost for breeding too?
or does activating that gives you more food? (for example, twice the amt you are planting?)

i tried to click on boost for farm, remaining boost left did not change.
and nth done to the timer it seems. i can still see activate icon still on. ( i used breeding boost b4, and i think after activating one, the icon will "turn off" and you cannot select anymore)
The boosts speed up the clock so it's x number of times faster and it doesn't show a reduced time like 2 hours instead of 4. For example, if you have a 2x boost, it'll count down from 60 to 58 versus 60 to 59 seconds.

hungryres
12-02-16, 01:53 AM
The boosts speed up the clock so it's x number of times faster and it doesn't show a reduced time like 2 hours instead of 4. For example, if you have a 2x boost, it'll count down from 60 to 58 versus 60 to 59 seconds.

i undestand how it works on for example breeding / hatching boost.
however, it does not work for me for farm boost.
no "reaction" at all after i clicked to activate boost on farm (with the apple icon, for example, 2x)

so, the boost on farm also reduce time? becoz it does not work for me.

kooky panda
12-02-16, 09:16 AM
no "reaction" at all after i clicked to activate boost on farm (with the apple icon, for example, 2x)

Please Contact Storm8 :support.storm8.com >> submit a request (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us) so an agent can check your game.

dd2b44ever
12-03-16, 02:31 AM
I have been having this same issue, particularly on my android device, as well but after going back to the item you want to boost (unfortunately I sometimes have to do this several times over) I have been able to get the boosts to take effect! Yes it's a pain but, as it mostly happens on my android device (& because I've gotten the pop up notification that the android marketplace wasn't in sync with the server on a couple of occasions & I haven't been able to play often enough to notice whether this is incredibly common enough to report the issue) I just figured it was some sort of misstep between their servers and it would resolve as we continue to test this feature. I apologize if I'm not being more helpful to the developers but I'm not able to play as regularly as I'd like for health reasons. I'm just posting here so others know that I've had the same issue and eventually it DOES work!

hungryres
12-09-16, 08:08 PM
Please Contact Storm8 :support.storm8.com >> submit a request (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us) so an agent can check your game.

looking back my email, i have submit a ticket 8 days ago and received zero response. just created pw with the new support system, it still shows my ticket - status : open.

perhaps i have listed a couple of issues for them to look into that took so long?

One new question that i hope can get some idea:
if we activate boost, time shorten, but do we still get bomb/ dynamite, or community point of the original hours?
for example, for sunrise fail, if i use 5x boost that shorten the time by 5 hours, do i get 6 bombs/ dynamite, and community points for 24 hours or only the shortened time? (reduced number of bomb/dynamite/ community pt.)

retseho
12-14-16, 07:36 PM

The boost on farms also does not work for me too. The other types of boosts like breeding, evolving & hatching works.
Are there specific requirements for using a farm boost?

kooky panda
12-15-16, 11:21 AM
When you tap the farm boost, if you have either bought the boosts with gold or won free boosts while playing bingo, you will see how many you have.
If you have no boosts then when you click the activate boost button your options will be greyed out.

StefaninaFla
12-16-16, 10:31 PM
Food boosts do not work for me either. I have used hatching and breeding boosts.
Yes, I've submitted a ticket.

Kurimukun
12-17-16, 04:58 AM
Same issue for me...sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.
Really annoying...
But I'm glad, they worked as I sped up things to get the Wreath^^"

As well android.

FireballFarm
12-17-16, 08:43 AM
Just to add, in case the developers tweek the boosts:
The breeding den boost is not working in the Arctic when activated in the mainland. The other types of boosts (nest, etc) seem to be transferring their power the Arctic just fine, haven't had any issues with those (so far).

By watching an actual clock, it is obvious the Arctic breeding time is not being reduced- it is still taking the full 4 hours to complete a breeding with the den boost activated. The one hour, heart-shaped boost timer appears at the bottom of the screen but, for some reason, the timer above the Arctic breeding den is not visible during a boosting period.

retseho
12-17-16, 10:43 PM
When you tap the farm boost, if you have either bought the boosts with gold or won free boosts while playing bingo, you will see how many you have.
If you have no boosts then when you click the activate boost button your options will be greyed out.

I have seven, 7 (x5 apple boosts) & two,2(x2 apple boosts).When I click the activate icon, both 7(x5) & 2(x2) apple boost are available(not greyed out). However after clicking on 2(x2)apple boost, the display just returns to the the main screen, showing the farm selected(highlighted) & the activate apple boost icon.

I have used Evolve, Breeding & Hatching boosts where after activation, the activate.icon changes to a 1hour countdown & the Evolve,Breeding,Hatching timer starts counting down in x2(2 sec) or x5 (5 sec) steps.

When trying to use farm boost, nothing happens, it just returns to the normal display. No countdown.icon & the farm timers are still at x1(1 sec) steps.

Playing DS on android.

Jackiesq
12-18-16, 12:55 AM
I have seven, 7 (x5 apple boosts) & two,2(x2 apple boosts).When I click the activate icon, both 7(x5) & 2(x2) apple boost are available(not greyed out). However after clicking on 2(x2)apple boost, the display just returns to the the main screen, showing the farm selected(highlighted) & the activate apple boost icon.

I have used Evolve, Breeding & Hatching boosts where after activation, the activate.icon changes to a 1hour countdown & the Evolve,Breeding,Hatching timer starts counting down in x2(2 sec) or x5 (5 sec) steps.

When trying to use farm boost, nothing happens, it just returns to the normal display. No countdown.icon & the farm timers are still at x1(1 sec) steps.

Playing DS on android.
If I push EXACTLY at the small clock next to the apple on the boost-icon, the boost starts just like the other boosts!

retseho
12-18-16, 07:03 PM

Thank you for sharing this discovery.
Tested that an x2 Farm boosts works when I pushed EACTLY at the small clock on the x2 apple-boost icon.
THANK YOU Jackiesq.

rado_nik
12-21-16, 01:43 AM
I saw so timer of boost count a little strangely - example if start boost 10x counting per second is like -10, -10, -9, -10, -10, -9, ... etc.
Why?

kooky panda
12-21-16, 11:06 AM

Playing DS on android.
I am not having this issue but I play on iOS. I will flag this over.

kooky panda
12-21-16, 11:59 AM

Playing DS on android.

Hi guys. The team could not reproduce this issue on android. They will keep checking into it. For now please use the work around that Jackie suggested.

Gaillock
12-26-16, 01:24 AM
I love the boosts! Will they be available to buy outside the bingo game? Is the bingo game a permanent part of the game or does it have a final end date?

Jackiesq
12-27-16, 12:54 AM
Hi guys. The team could not reproduce this issue on android. They will keep checking into it. For now please use the work around that Jackie suggested.

Some extra info for the developers:
I play on a 12" Android tablet, haven't checked the boosts on my phone... Maybe the issue is only on larger screens...
All other boosts I can click everywhere on the boosticon. Only the farmboosts (checked x2 and x5) the game shuts the boostpopup after clicking on the boosticon (somewhere, not at the clock), without doing anything. The number of boosts stays the same too.
Everything works well clicking on the clockpart of the icon.

Hopefully this helps to reproduce the issue.
Jackie

retseho
12-27-16, 08:04 PM
Some extra info for the developers:
I play on a 12" Android tablet, haven't checked the boosts on my phone... Maybe the issue is only on larger screens...
All other boosts I can click everywhere on the boosticon. Only the farmboosts (checked x2 and x5) the game shuts the boostpopup after clicking on the boosticon (somewhere, not at the clock), without doing anything. The number of boosts stays the same too.
Everything works well clicking on the clockpart of the icon.

Hopefully this helps to reproduce the issue.
Jackie

I have the same problem & use the work around shared by Jackie. I play on a 5.5" Samsung Galaxy Note2 LTE, model GT-N7105 running Android KitKat 4.4.2.
Other boosts works without need to click EXACTLY on the small clock icon of the boost-icon.

retseho
12-27-16, 08:19 PM
A tip for using farm boosts, tested with x5 farm boost.

The boost last 1 hour so select the 100 apples/10min Upgrapes, which will complete in 2min @x5.
30 x 100= 3,000 apples per hour
vs
800 apples if you planted 5hr Diamondates@x5 boost.
With 7 farms=21,000 apples per hour.

(1hour/2min=30 times, actually 29 or 28 since time loss to click on the farms.)

retseho
12-30-16, 09:53 PM
I have the same problem & use the work around shared by Jackie. I play on a 5.5" Samsung Galaxy Note2 LTE, model GT-N7105 running Android KitKat 4.4.2.
Other boosts works without need to click EXACTLY on the small clock icon of the boost-icon.

Update:
This has been fixed. I do not need to click EXACTLY on the small clock on the boost icon now. Tested 3 times, it works normally for me now.

BTW, the hang on exit problem also seems to be fixed. I have quit a few times without problems since yesterday. Using DS Holidays version.
Thank you Kookie & s8 for fixing these bugs.

kooky panda
12-31-16, 03:32 PM
Update:
This has been fixed. I do not need to click EXACTLY on the small clock on the boost icon now. Tested 3 times, it works normally for me now.

BTW, the hang on exit problem also seems to be fixed. I have quit a few times without problems since yesterday. Using DS Holidays version.
Thank you Kookie & s8 for fixing these bugs.
Thanks for reporting back!!