PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard 8 November 2016: Between Worlds

AuroraLava
11-07-16, 11:36 AM
New Leaderboard starts 8 November 2016 at 10:30 am PST.
"The Above and Below Dragons await a winner."

General rules for Leaderboard points:
-every hour of breeding counts
-every hour of hatching counts
-bonus for hatching Rare, Super, Ultra. No bonus for hatching commons.

Fighting has counted in some past leaderboards but leaderboard requirements are subject to change...so stay tuned for more details.

islanddoll1
11-07-16, 12:46 PM
Ouuu... Nice dragons, would love to have them... but I'll probably get thrown in with the group that gets crazy high points and won't stand a chance of getting it. But honestly, I don't mind the food/map prizes at all, win-win situation for me either way.

insomniadreams88
11-07-16, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I'm honestly hoping for a prize with food right now because I'm down to about 20K after Dragon Tales. I'm even hoping those chests have food in them at this point.

starship412
11-07-16, 02:40 PM
Ugh, another fundraiser? Ah well, if there's a champion dragon as one of the milestones I'll just work for that. I'm not spending any real money to get gold for this - nope no and nada.

mybunnytail
11-07-16, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I'm honestly hoping for a prize with food right now because I'm down to about 20K after Dragon Tales. I'm even hoping those chests have food in them at this point.

Ugh, another fundraiser? Ah well, if there's a champion dragon as one of the milestones I'll just work for that. I'm not spending any real money to get gold for this - nope no and nada.
I am with both of you!

comeseecomesah
11-07-16, 04:46 PM
Yup...UGH. It's for the rich, and for the lucky ones who don't have the rich in their leaderboards lol. Good luck to all...especially the ones who are not expecting to win ☆

Xyn25
11-07-16, 04:56 PM
Such gorgeous dragons!! Normally I don't try too hard to win the leaderboards but I think I'll make an exception this time around.

farmday0123
11-07-16, 07:55 PM
Please on sale evolution temple n breeding roost.

sophiensissi
11-07-16, 08:21 PM
Ahhhhhh... too many events! Used to be one a month, then 2 per month, then, one per week and now it's 2-3 per week. Crazy!

FieldsLikeB
11-07-16, 09:36 PM
Depends on the milestones and which dragon is the big prize. I'd like the black and purple one especially if it's corrupt element. I got way enough White yellow hybrids.

If there's a champion involved I'll participate even without a habitat milestone.

I sat out tales for the first time since I started playing after crypt was hatched.

Natasha_07
11-08-16, 06:30 AM
Nice dragons, one looks like the gold producing dragon we got last time. I wish there's a cool looking habitat as a milestone like a premium one, yeah wishing away here. :)

lenasdinner
11-08-16, 11:51 AM
I would really like to gat that Below dragon,looks really cool.but it's really hard for me to get those 8 000 points....will try as much as I can.
I already have Phase dragon so it's not big excitement for me,but I like all other dragons since I still don't have them and habitat is very special.

I'm going for last milestone...good luck for me!! good luck to all of you who will participate!

Florr06
11-08-16, 12:16 PM
I'm so happy I will be able to get at least a habitat and a dragon... thanks S8 :) hopefully I'll be lucky with my spins and breeding and I might even get to the Underworld dragon

ksbmommy
11-08-16, 12:20 PM
I like all the prizes, we will see how this board shakes out.

Decided to go all out for the fast start, slow finish method. Have a gold boost on - My three nests were full of 20-24 hour dragons. One den had a gold waiting to be transferred, the other a super. Evolution temple just finished up a long one. Then took my passion and metal to a 15. My valiant went to a 7, transferred to the evo temple for 48 hours. My skeletal knight was fed a boatload and is two bites short of a 15. I'm at 35k food, I'll mine and plant upgrapes, maybe I can sneak in one more bite for him while the boost is active. Sitting at just over 4500 points out of the gate. The food points were a huge help, they really add up if you stockpile food and only feed during events. I'm doing that from now on.

Won milestone prizes of 8k coins, leaderboard points, 25k food and something else.

I'm sure people don't like me much on my LB but I'll naturally slow down the rest of the way. Had a perfect storm out of the gate and went for it with the boost. Second place also has a gold boost on and is at 1350 or so. They have an extra nest and extra evolution temple so I'm already at a disadvantage overall because I can't have as much happening at once. It'll make a difference by day 10 I'm sure.

FieldsLikeB
11-08-16, 12:34 PM
OK I'm all over this LB event. I even love the point producing statue. Only already own the first dragon prize so here we go. Good luck everyone.

Natasha_07
11-08-16, 12:37 PM
Just started and already #1 is boosting like crazy, like what gives.

On a positive note I'm glad I'll hopefully be adding another Harvest Homestead to my island, this one is a sweet surprise! :)

amerirish
11-08-16, 12:46 PM
Milestone Prizes (not treasure chests):

Harvest Homestead (habitat)
Type: Habitat
Level: 4
Dragon Capacity: 3
Coin Capacity: 4,000 Coin
Sells for: 5,200 Coin
Build Time : None
Exp Gained: 450 Exp
Requires 1,200 points

Messenger Dragon
Rarity: Super Rare
Type: White Purple
Habitat: White Meadow, Purple Gardens
Available at: Level 17
Buying Price: 1,000 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Breeding & Incubation: 10 hours
Exp Gained: 975 Exp
Requires 2,100 points

Underworld Dragon
Rarity: Rare
Type: Purple Green
Habitat: Purple Gardens, Green Grove
Available at: Level 32
Incubation: 18 hours
Exp Gained: 3,000 Exp
Requires 4,600 points

Lightspeed Dragon
Type: Purple Blue Yellow
Habitat: Purple Gardens, Blue Lagoon, Yellow Plateau
Available at: Level 30
Incubation: 18 hours
Exp Gained: 2,895 Exp
Requires 6,200 points

Phase Dragon
Type: Purple Blue
Habitat: Purple Gardens, Blue Lagoon
Available at: Level 32
Incubation: 19 hours
Exp Gained: 375 Exp
Requires 7,000 points

amerirish
11-08-16, 12:47 PM
Below Dragon
Type: Black Purple Yellow
Habitat: Black Sands, Purple Gardens, Yellow Plateau
Buying Price: 1,500 Gold
Incubation: 20 hours
Requires 8,000 points

GRAND PRIZE:
Above Dragon
Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type: White Yellow
Habitat: White Meadow, Yellow Plateau
Buying Price: 2,200 Gold
Incubation: 20 hours

ksbmommy
11-08-16, 12:47 PM
Just started and already #1 is boosting like crazy, like what gives.

On a positive note I'm glad I'll hopefully be adding another Harvest Homestead to my island, this one is a sweet surprise! :)

That could be me, lol! Sometimes it's just a perfect storm, with everything ready to go. I fed my starving dragons and have no food but lots of points. That boost can get some good points in just a few minutes. Worked my farms and mine to eek out one more feeding on my SK before it expired. Not sure that I boost again this LB, just wanted it to be effective.

Florr06
11-08-16, 02:39 PM
I boosted in the first hour, 1.5x, I had everything ready to go. Seemed like 7 gold well spent. :)

Horseladi
11-08-16, 02:44 PM
What type of dragons go into the habitat? Thanks

starship412
11-08-16, 03:03 PM
And why is Messenger even a prize in this Fundraiser when it's a breedable dragon? And, yes, notice I call it what it is...

dragonv15
11-08-16, 03:16 PM
First time in all events that i already have a dragon goal (2 in this case), it probably means im becoming an old player, almost one year of playing..

belarica
11-08-16, 03:19 PM
I only need light speed and below dragons. My messenger was the first I raised to 10 and it helped me in tournaments a lot until I got my first champ (warrior princess) so I won't mind keeping a baby messenger in storage.

greywagtail
11-08-16, 03:26 PM
One player has 8500 points already. The second in the list has 432

belarica
11-08-16, 03:47 PM
One player has 8500 points already. The second in the list has 432

Hehehehe, guess that guy couldn't wait to get his below dragon

divanightclub
11-08-16, 04:17 PM
I'm only aiming for the habitat this time. I already have the first 3 dragons ,and not too interested in the last one, so I can play more relaxed. On the plus side, my group is boosting like crazy, so I'm getting great points when I land on the chests ( just got 223 points from one), because I'm currently in 14th place.

Good luck to all that are participating, and hope you reach the milestones you're aiming for..

missbandette
11-08-16, 04:53 PM
How is it that someone has over 5,000 points already and this was not long after it started!?

belarica
11-08-16, 05:02 PM
How is it that someone has over 5,000 points already and this was not long after it started!?

Using gold is the only way

FieldsLikeB
11-08-16, 06:34 PM
One wonders how to get 800+ points in a day for pity sake without being allowed to use planting. I'm so upset I'm thinking about quitting this game entirely.

starship412
11-08-16, 06:57 PM
What type of dragons go into the habitat? Thanks

Yellow and green

PinkBubbles75
11-08-16, 06:59 PM
I would like to have the phase and below dragons, and the habitat. I already have messenger & underworld and I don't care for the lightspeed dragon

Anuisia
11-08-16, 07:59 PM
Does anyone know what the 2 items are on the spin wheel ?

Horseladi
11-09-16, 04:20 AM
Yellow and green

Thank you. :)

marathon2615
11-09-16, 02:28 PM
I don't see its even possible for the leaders to have as many points as they already do. There's not a chance for us lowly players who don't want to spend actual money.

cherrycastleorchard
11-09-16, 06:54 PM
I like all the prizes, we will see how this board shakes out.

Decided to go all out for the fast start, slow finish method. Have a gold boost on - My three nests were full of 20-24 hour dragons. One den had a gold waiting to be transferred, the other a super. Evolution temple just finished up a long one. Then took my passion and metal to a 15. My valiant went to a 7, transferred to the evo temple for 48 hours. My skeletal knight was fed a boatload and is two bites short of a 15. I'm at 35k food, I'll mine and plant upgrapes, maybe I can sneak in one more bite for him while the boost is active. Sitting at just over 4500 points out of the gate. The food points were a huge help, they really add up if you stockpile food and only feed during events. I'm doing that from now on.

Won milestone prizes of 8k coins, leaderboard points, 25k food and something else.

I'm sure people don't like me much on my LB but I'll naturally slow down the rest of the way. Had a perfect storm out of the gate and went for it with the boost. Second place also has a gold boost on and is at 1350 or so. They have an extra nest and extra evolution temple so I'm already at a disadvantage overall because I can't have as much happening at once. It'll make a difference by day 10 I'm sure.
Should try my group the leader is already 22000, bit rediculous

cherrycastleorchard
11-09-16, 06:58 PM
And why is Messenger even a prize in this Fundraiser when it's a breedable dragon? And, yes, notice I call it what it is...

I agree they should change the name to big spenders fundraising leaderboard. The leader on my board already has all the milestones and is over 22000 about 5 hours in. What a joke

cherrycastleorchard
11-10-16, 01:53 AM
Using gold is the only way

I wonder if it is the same person who now has over 25000, I don't know if is possible even if you boosted all day, it is only day 1. Makes you wonder if it is rigged

He is now 27088 and boosting, is he crazy or what?

Florr06
11-10-16, 06:44 AM
I wonder if it is the same person who now has over 25000, I don't know if is possible even if you boosted all day, it is only day 1. Makes you wonder if it is rigged

He is now 27088 and boosting, is he crazy or what?

It just seems like such a waste of gold (and money). He's got all the milestones and is (I assume) far ahead of all others in the group. Why boost?

glenngenius
11-10-16, 07:57 AM
I already have all the milestones except the last. I'm only interested in the habitat. :)

starship412
11-10-16, 08:02 AM
Happily at 16th place looking and laughing at the "leaders" going over 20000. It's not even that serious.

ksbmommy
11-10-16, 09:37 AM
I boosted on day one, because I was ready to go - I built a huge lead. What I've noticed is that there are 3-4 people on my board that are boosting each day so far - and using the gold boost to do so - since I don't boost each day and have less nests and only one evolution temple for points, my lead is slowly being chipped away. I saw someone boost twice in one day, once in the AM and once in the PM. But no one is pulling that far ahead, although the top 4 have built about a 1000 point lead over number 5. I think it's going to be really tight until someone breaks free.

JDanil07
11-10-16, 11:13 AM
For now I don't have habitat space enough to breed more dragons to keep. I'm doing all Water on the nests and Water + Water in the breeding den, on 12-hour cycles morning and evening, selling them as they hatch, and trying to plan the evolution temple carefuly so that it always finishes during my awake hours. In the Arctic Isles I'm running constant breed-evolve-sell cycles, which isn't too hard since everything is either 4, 8, or 12 hours. I don't get bonuses for hatching rare dragons (except when I'm lucky in the Arctic Isles) but it's enough to get me a few milestone prizes. My preference would be to finish in 3rd place, but anyplace 3rd through 6th would feel like a win. My group seems pretty laid-back so far, so I'm not worried.

FireballFarm
11-10-16, 01:41 PM
Well, I get it now. I understand why people are/were annoyed that prize dragons they worked really hard to win in the past are now easier to obtain in new events. I originally thought it was nice more people had a chance to get those dragons- and I do still kinda feel that way (probably because I took a long, 1.5 year break from the game and missed out on many dragons). But...now, I get it.

The Phase Dragon is the first tourney boss I ever won. I worked my butt off, losing many, many prior tourneys, trying to figure out the strategy that worked for me and my dragons. At the time, I didn't own any Diamonds or Champions. But, I figured out how to win with my dragons and the pretty Phase dragon was the culmination of my hard work. Having the Phase as a milestone takes away some of that shine and it sucks.

I'm sorry I didn't fully understand before.

dragonfliesplace
11-10-16, 04:33 PM
The phase dragon isn't easy to obtain for newer or normal players like myself who only rely on 3 gold gifts a day. I have never ever gotten over 5000 points on a leaderboard. Unlike alot of others, i was lucky i won it in a tourney but i would never begrudge those who get a second chance at it.

amerirish
11-11-16, 09:57 AM
Does anyone know what the 2 items are on the spin wheel ?

Reflective Pool

Stellar Stairway

jjblueyes
11-11-16, 04:32 PM
First time in all events that i already have a dragon goal (2 in this case), it probably means im becoming an old player, almost one year of playing..

Welcome to the club. I always have all but any new one they throw in at the end. Makes it boring for me but good for others. Just my experience.

jjblueyes
11-11-16, 04:36 PM
Well, I get it now. I understand why people are/were annoyed that prize dragons they worked really hard to win in the past are now easier to obtain in new events. I originally thought it was nice more people had a chance to get those dragons- and I do still kinda feel that way (probably because I took a long, 1.5 year break from the game and missed out on many dragons). But...now, I get it.

The Phase Dragon is the first tourney boss I ever won. I worked my butt off, losing many, many prior tourneys, trying to figure out the strategy that worked for me and my dragons. At the time, I didn't own any Diamonds or Champions. But, I figured out how to win with my dragons and the pretty Phase dragon was the culmination of my hard work. Having the Phase as a milestone takes away some of that shine and it sucks.

I'm sorry I didn't fully understand before.

Thank you. I never want to be rude to others. I'm glad people get dragons they can't but the flip side is just what you said. Now imagine watching many, many dragons you've ****ed yourself to get just handed out. If I paid money to buy it or did a tales or tourney for days to get it then I don't enjoy seeing them as prizes for this. Just my feelings and I hope everyone finds something to enjoy in the game. It's just not so much for me anymore.

AnglChk507
11-15-16, 11:01 AM
Thanks to this leaderboard I FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY got to welcome twilight!!!!! Yay also very happy I got the underworld dragon other then these I haven't gotten lucky sadly

roguebee
11-15-16, 08:24 PM
I collected Messenger on the junior account and the next dragon I bred on that island was a Messenger...

zaaracake
11-16-16, 09:13 PM
Happily at 16th place looking and laughing at the "leaders" going over 20000. It's not even that serious.

I've always played like Starship...I have a serious crowding issue on my island and have never been excited enough to even enter tournos or play events thru to the end...but my gosh these final prizes are beautiful! This event was the first time I really tried. I DID NOT think things thru and don't have any sort of strategy but I've noticed it's really tough to get anywhere unless you spend gold- I'd think S8 would give non-spenders* a fair fighting chance to at least finish events....hmmmm...
* BS is the game where I like to spend my money so I don't allow myself a lot of gold on DS except what I can save up...
Anyway, I caved and bought both "idols" though (like I said) I didn't think it thru and only got them yesterday so I have almost no hope of finishing...still my rationale is, I'll have those beautiful idols to look at if not the dragons themselves...
Bummer though :-( the top 2 players in my leaderboard have earned all the individual prizes and are still boosting...I have no idea why?

PinkBubbles75
11-17-16, 08:38 PM
I'm currently in 8th place with 7,516 points. Since I have my phase dragon, I'm a happy camper. 1st place & 2nd place have 15,362 points and 10,329 points respectively. Everyone else has 8,203 points & under. 1st place person has been ahead for awhile I think... after awhile I feel like there's no point in boosting if you have over 5000 point lead above everyone else. I feel like at that point you can play the event without spending more gold... (I don't think they've boosted since they got so far ahead but I'm just saying)

hungryres
11-17-16, 08:48 PM
probably won't be able to get lightspeed, which i am kicking myself for being carried away getting my first bingo event.
for around two to three days, had to work around with getting bingo done and hadn't kept my evo temples full. if i have not tried to accommodate requests in bingo, i probably could get lightspeed.

lenasdinner
11-17-16, 11:48 PM
Well some players just want that first place,thay are not happy with 2nd place.
For me this time I just wanted to get that last milestone since I like it very much,and its not easy,had to spend some gold anda lots of food to get there.and that put me at first place(for the first time ever in LB).
Now I have Below on the nest.and thas it for me.now Im 2nd because first is boostin like mad.and my 2nd place is pretty shure,but hey you never now who can get mad in last fue houers.
But now since I need fue more bombs for mine (I'm short 15 parts,I think) I will have to speed up E-temple.......and the game goes on,I'm happy with 2nd place.

missbandette
11-18-16, 11:02 AM
This is not fair!!! I was ahead and kept boosting and it wasn't giving me my points and I lost!!! It wasn't crediting me my points that I was gaining at the end!!! I had over 23,000 and spent soo much gold and money and it reset and put me back to 21,000 but it sure kept my gold!!!! This IS NOT RIGHT!!!

amerirish
11-18-16, 11:06 AM
Holy crow! It looks like I won first place somehow! I didn't use any boosts or the point giving statues!

1st - 8,590 (me)
2nd - 6,972
3rd - 6,689
4th - 6,479
5th - 6,436
6th - 6,290
7th - 6,008
8th - 5,915
9th - 5,845
10th - 5,428
11th - 5,372
12th - 5,338
13th - 5,096
14th - 4,993
15th - 4,968
16th - 4,947
17th - 4,835
18th - 4,617
19th - 3,462
20th - 2,302

Florr06
11-18-16, 11:08 AM
I barely reached the Underworld dragon - 4604 total. Think I finished third :) I thought I might be able to finish 2nd but someone came from far behind boosting to 1st place by over 1000 points! ;) happy to get a habitat, 2 dragons, a trophy and some apples

KingSJ53
11-18-16, 12:06 PM
I got first place in my bracket, but don't see my Above Dragon or gold statue anywhere. If they don't show up soon, I'm done with Storm8.

saghaven
11-18-16, 12:11 PM
I finished 2nd. First time I've won a dragon on a Leaderboard and honestly I think it was because I and everyone else in the group weren't really trying. I didn't use any boosters or buy the statue. I did speed up breeding or hatching a couple of times but that was for bingo and this was just a side benefit. Barely got to Underworld and the winner didn't get the Below dragon. But I don't see the Above dragon or the statue in storage so wtf?

First place was at 7415, I was second at 4869. Third place was 3283. I don't think I saw anyone with a booster on at any time during this whole thing, even the leader.

amerirish
11-18-16, 12:12 PM
I got first place in my bracket, but don't see my Light Dragon or gold statue anywhere. If they don't show up soon, I'm done with Storm8.

The dragon you won is called Above Dragon. Make sure you're in the "All" tab in your storage. I would try force closing and then reopening the app. If you still don't see your prizes, send a ticket to support. Best of luck & Congrats on the win :)

Natasha_07
11-18-16, 12:17 PM
I finished 4th place, I'm happy with the apples! Very useful. :)

Can't wait for the next one, bring on all the Christmas habitats for ridiculously low points.

FieldsLikeB
11-18-16, 12:36 PM
Weird when you win the top dragon without finishing the milestones. Really wanted the Below Dragon but pleased with Above. This is how I got Islander too.

[S8] Regina
11-21-16, 12:32 PM
I got first place in my bracket, but don't see my Above Dragon or gold statue anywhere. If they don't show up soon, I'm done with Storm8.

When a Leaderboard event ends, please allow some time for the server to reward the items to you. The team checked and you currently have the Above Dragon and the Between Gold Trophy in your game :)