PDA

View Full Version : All games down for maintenance, does this mean new stuff?

Unregistered
03-08-11, 01:44 AM
My hopes are up for new items ( and removal of Xmas and New Year items ) when these TeamLava games come back on line...! Countdown one hour, yay!

Unregistered
03-08-11, 01:49 AM
Countdown one hour, yay!
One hour from when? It's been saying that for about 20 minutes so far.

Past experience suggests that when they say it's off for an hour then it's some unplanned outage, rather than a scheduled update, so I wouldn't be getting too excited!

Unregistered
03-08-11, 01:58 AM
Logged on only 10 mins ago, so not sure how far into the 'hour' we are, but excited none the less!

Unregistered
03-08-11, 02:05 AM
Well it's 9.05am here in London, and the games are still down (I've tried Bakery, City, Empire and Restaurant). I was playing successfully at about 7:10am this morning, but by 7:30am they had gone down. Which means it's been an hour and a half now...

Unregistered
03-08-11, 02:13 AM
Logged on only 10 mins ago, so not sure how far into the 'hour' we are, but excited none the less!
Why are you excited? If there were something to be excited about, there would've been SCHEDULED downtime. This is UNSCHEDULED downtime, so it's far more likely that they have problems they're struggling to fix!

Unregistered
03-08-11, 02:16 AM
I been trying for 3hrs no action WTF LAVA!!!

One hour from when? It's been saying that for about 20 minutes so far.

Past experience suggests that when they say it's off for an hour then it's some unplanned outage, rather than a scheduled update, so I wouldn't be getting too excited!

Unregistered
03-08-11, 02:43 AM
So frustrating that the game is down. I hope there is an actual update for an outage this long. Actually, the only real reason I'm annoyed is because my food is done. I received the notification even though the game is down. Ughhh!!

Unregistered
03-08-11, 02:48 AM
ten to eleven GMT+1 (Paris) and no games are available... :(

Unregistered
03-08-11, 02:50 AM
Like the poster above, I've had several notifications that my food (and clothing, in Empire) is ready to be sold. If this outage lasts much longer then those contracts will spoil. Would you imagine that TL will take this into account and extend the 'life' of the contracts or otherwise make things right? Not complaining, just wondering...

Unregistered
03-08-11, 03:09 AM
Dont get too excited, people. Maintenance doesn't necesarily mean update. And yes, food may spoil, and you wont get anything for it. Luckily this doesn't happen very often, but it does need to happen.

Unregistered
03-08-11, 03:13 AM
Luckily this doesn't happen very often, but it does need to happen.
Using the benefit of your considerable expertise, would you be kind enough to explain exactly why this has to happen, please?

Because I've been around a while too, and I strongly disagree with you. In this day and age, UNSCHEDULED downtime should never happen.

Unregistered
03-08-11, 03:13 AM
I was able to load my restaurant for about a minute. My food was done so I figured the game was back up and I could grab it. Then that stupid internet connection thing popped up and after that the maintenance message came back on. So I probably lost all my food just now :(

Unregistered
03-08-11, 03:14 AM
Unfortunately they never have on any of their games. If they'd give publish it in the news tab the day of the maintenance, instead of the stupid Valentine's box (which was news 30 days ago).. We could have prepared, but that might actually help us and cut out a few accidental gem uses. :-O so forget that idiocy. Lol.

Let's hope they're going to surprise us with NEW CONTENT and unspoiled food!!!

Like the poster above, I've had several notifications that my food (and clothing, in Empire) is ready to be sold. If this outage lasts much longer then those contracts will spoil. Would you imagine that TL will take this into account and extend the 'life' of the contracts or otherwise make things right? Not complaining, just wondering...

Unregistered
03-08-11, 03:21 AM
Using the benefit of your considerable expertise, would you be kind enough to explain exactly why this has to happen, please?

Because I've been around a while too, and I strongly disagree with you. In this day and age, UNSCHEDULED downtime should never happen.

I am not the person you are replying to, but I would like to add that nothing is perfect. All computers, and servers, will have some sort of problem at some point, and I guess we just have to deal with it while they try to fix it. No, I am not happy that my 12,000 serves of fish and chips will by now be covered in flies, but I think I would rather just throw them away and move on, hoping that whatever caused this problem is fixed so that we dont have to deal with it, or a glitch caused by or causing the current problem, over and over in the future. IMO, its not worth getting upset over it.

Unregistered
03-08-11, 03:25 AM
Just in time for bed!

Unregistered
03-08-11, 03:32 AM
Iguess it depends onwhere servers are...midnight there is obviously not midnught in another part of U.s. or in another country. i always work on my farm ( and city) before work. I am in Virginia and it is about 5:25 a.m. here and I can't get on to either game. Just disappointing not reaaly mad... I only lost time over night and the crops didn't really cost any actual money --like gems do. So I can always replant. Besides, if they say it will be dwn an hour and it takes five, people still get upset. I work in office with server problems and sometimes they drop out and they say it takes twenty minutes but then it's three hours...so I guess my take on this is to just try and be patient...no fun I know but this is really just a game. it's just a really FUN game. thanks for letting me give m opinion.

Unregistered
03-08-11, 03:37 AM
This is the 3rd time this week that the servers have been down for "maintenance". Each time, I have lost a whole bunch of food! And of course, the Christmas items are still in the menus and there is no new food to cook. This is starting to be a serious waste of time and money.

Unregistered
03-08-11, 03:40 AM
that stupid maintanace thing ..15 gems dissapeared !!!

and NO..i didnt spend them !!!!

i want them BACK !!!!

my ID bommel1971

Unregistered
03-08-11, 09:27 AM
I am not the person you are replying to, but I would like to add that nothing is perfect. All computers, and servers, will have some sort of problem at some point, and I guess we just have to deal with it while they try to fix it. No, I am not happy that my 12,000 serves of fish and chips will by now be covered in flies, but I think I would rather just throw them away and move on, hoping that whatever caused this problem is fixed so that we dont have to deal with it, or a glitch caused by or causing the current problem, over and over in the future. IMO, its not worth getting upset over it.

Au contraire, friend. This is going into the folder of ongoing lies and deceit TL is trying to perpetuate maybe even conspiracy to trick people into spending their gems after being unable to complete their dishes because of the server lockout.

A good basis for a class action lawsuit to recover lost time and money because of their incompetence. The FCC and SEC and FDA have been notified that I was unable to complete my Valentine Cupcakes and subsequently spoiled.

Unregistered
03-08-11, 12:05 PM
it's 2:04 AM here in indonesia which is the same time zone with bangkok (thailand) and hongkong and there's no maintenance yet. i've been logging on and off my BS and RS since 12 hours ago

Unregistered
03-09-11, 11:08 PM
Au contraire, friend. This is going into the folder of ongoing lies and deceit TL is trying to perpetuate maybe even conspiracy to trick people into spending their gems after being unable to complete their dishes because of the server lockout.

A good basis for a class action lawsuit to recover lost time and money because of their incompetence. The FCC and SEC and FDA have been notified that I was unable to complete my Valentine Cupcakes and subsequently spoiled.

I'm sure they'll get right on it!