PDA

View Full Version : Dishes are not selling

psychodagger
11-06-16, 11:42 PM
I have not played this game for several months now, and I just logged back in and found that I cannot serve any new dishes because all of my counters are still full. I've tried opening the game several times over the past week or so, and still there is not any new counter space. IIRC, food is still supposed to sell while the game is closed, right? Has this changed or is something wrong with my game? I want to get back into this game but it's hard to do when I can't cook any new food because my stoves are all full :/

Rynetory2
11-07-16, 03:28 AM
When you returned to your game, did you get a pop up message telling you how many coins you have earned while you were away? Is your food selling now?

psychodagger
11-07-16, 01:15 PM
No, I don't see any message pop up when I open the game. All my food is still there. It only sells if I keep the game open.

ebils
11-07-16, 04:49 PM
Hi psychodagger

This issue usually occurs when the door, receptionist's podium or cash register has been blocked by another object, or if the customer's pathway has been obstructed.

We see that you have an object in front of the Host's Table, please clear this so the customers can walk up to the Host's Table. Please also ensure you force close the app when you are done playing.

psychodagger
11-07-16, 06:23 PM
Oh, I didn't realize it was blocked (or that customers needed to get there!). I moved it and I've already had some dishes sell. Thank you very much for your help!

ebils
11-07-16, 06:33 PM
No problem! :)

chrissydid
03-13-17, 08:53 AM
Since the update on the 12th, I've noticed that I'm not earning coins when I personally don't have the game open.
i.e. I've tried force closing the game when I'm not playing it and I've tried leaving the game running in the background.
Both ways I've neglected to earn any coins when I return. On the one hand, I don't need $$, but on the other my counters are completely stacked up.

I've been trashing some of the smaller earning dishes... but it's kind of like what is the point of making stuff if I have to trash things to fit it in?

Rynetory2
03-13-17, 09:32 AM
Hmmm that's strange. I'm still earning coins when my game is closed, force shut. Would you like to try reinstalling your game?

chrissydid
03-13-17, 09:54 AM
bah. I'd really rather not. I had a scare a few months ago where my game completely disappeared from my devices. I don't really trust storm8 after it wouldn't take my password to sign in.

not that anyone cares, but i tried switching game play from my iPhone to my iPad and I'm still not earning coins on either.

Meowmeowbeans
03-13-17, 10:33 AM
Have you tried checking the pathways in your Restaurant? This issue can occur if your customers are blocked from accessing features like the host podium, or the tables. You might want to try moving things around to see if that helps.

chrissydid
03-13-17, 12:28 PM
Yep, I'm pretty well versed in that. I just posted my latest layout in the 'showoff your restaurant' because I was bored with not being able to play! https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?81649-Show-off-Your-Restaurant!!/page7

Restaurant has been a well-oiled machine for a long time now--months. I do not allow waitstaff (my counters are blocked) and customers seat themselves. I haven't had this problem of no one eating while I'm not playing ever, that I can remember. (Though I do remove the seats and block the door during events)

chrissydid
03-13-17, 12:36 PM

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36227&d=1489433693 (https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36227&d=1489433693)

As soon as I open game, customers poor in. But my counters are overstocked and I can't keep making the same things and stacking them higher. Im sure someone will say 'don't stack!'

kooky panda
03-13-17, 01:25 PM
Check your game and make sure you have 4 servers walking around. One time two of mine were stuck behind some counters and were not serving food and my sales when down.

chrissydid
03-13-17, 02:42 PM
Thanks Kooky. Yeah I know how the waitstaff works.
Sigh. It's really unfortunate. I can't play the game now.

chrissydid
03-13-17, 03:10 PM
Ugh. Looks like i'm going to have to fill out a report. boo. I made sure my game was accessible on my iPad, then uninstalled/reinstalled my game on my phone. No change.
I redesigned my restaurant for a temporary test. Made sure waitstaff and tables were right there for access. No change. Still no coins/eating when the game's not open. bleh.

Rynetory2
03-14-17, 07:41 AM
Can you try unblocking your greeter? Make sure there's nothing behind and in front of him.

chrissydid
03-14-17, 02:11 PM
Well that fixed it. Super annoying though. I wish that hadn't changed that. My customer walk pattern gets congested if they go to the greeter first. I wonder why they changed it? My greeter has been blocked since christmas at least. Though honestly, I'd rather deal with the greeter than the waiters who always block everything up and slow things down. Sorry for the complaining. I just had my restaurant perfect for a while!

Rynetory2
03-14-17, 11:04 PM
Great to hear that your game is working fine now. :)