PDA

View Full Version : Boost

omfgruk
11-04-16, 12:17 AM
What does the boost do in the nest ? What do any of the boost do ?

The boosts' effect only lasts for one hour. Next time you use one, watch the timer over the nest, crops, den- whatever it is you are boosting.

With a 2X boost, the timer will count down like this: 8:59, 8:57, 8:55, 8:53, 8:51...
With a 5X boost, the timer will count down like this: 8:59, 8:54, 8:49, 8:44, 8:39...

When the hour is up, the timers will return to normal.

Elsa;1419871']This is a known issue. Boosts were never intended to work on the Arctic Isles, so unpredictable results can occur if you have an active timer on the Arctic Isle and then use a boost.

However, if you have no active timer and use a boost and then start a timer the boost does apply (even though it's not intended to work that way).

belarica
11-04-16, 06:25 AM
It speeds up the time remaining.

omfgruk
11-16-16, 01:58 PM
Ok ty

omfgruk
11-16-16, 02:02 PM
I just used the boost for an egg that takes 10hrs to hatch and it didn't speed up nothing still taking the same amount of time and I restarted the game to make sure and no change

FireballFarm
11-16-16, 04:00 PM
I just used the boost for an egg that takes 10hrs to hatch and it didn't speed up nothing still taking the same amount of time and I restarted the game to make sure and no change
The boosts' effect only lasts for one hour. Next time you use one, watch the timer over the nest, crops, den- whatever it is you are boosting.

With a 2X boost, the timer will count down like this: 8:59, 8:57, 8:55, 8:53, 8:51...
With a 5X boost, the timer will count down like this: 8:59, 8:54, 8:49, 8:44, 8:39...

amalsaba
11-16-16, 06:12 PM

Awesome! Thanks for explaining this so well. I was trying to figure it out. I activated the 10x boost on the evolution den when it needed around 9 hours ( that was a couple of hours ago). Now there's only one hour left on the timer. I tried to figure it out but I never would have understood it if it wasn't for your explanation. Have a great day ��

harobeda
11-17-16, 08:34 AM
Awesome! Thanks for explaining this so well. I was trying to figure it out. I activated the 10x boost on the evolution den when it needed around 9 hours ( that was a couple of hours ago). Now there's only one hour left on the timer. I tried to figure it out but I never would have understood it if it wasn't for your explanation. Have a great day ��

I think of how it'll affect my total time. A 10X boost will compress 10 hours into 1 hour. So an egg that has 12 hours on the timer would become 1 (compressed hour) + 2 (regular counted hours) = 3 total hours.

A 2X boost will compress 2 hours into 1. So that same 12 hour egg would become 1+10 =11 hours total.

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
11-17-16, 12:52 PM
The boost icons are misleading. Maybe put something about the fact they run for an hour only.

ZaneGodfrey
11-17-16, 09:39 PM
The boost icons are misleading. Maybe put something about the fact they run for an hour only.

Well, when you activate them they do tell you it will last an hour. The boost icon turns into a clock counting down the hour.

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
11-18-16, 09:47 AM
Well, when you activate them they do tell you it will last an hour. The boost icon turns into a clock counting down the hour.

True, but for a first time user it's not clear.

Nuicakes
05-03-17, 11:13 AM
Totally agree!

I'm a newbie and yesterday I found a few pages describing the boosts but nothing mentioned that they last for only 1 hour. I tried the evolution boost this morning for a 34 hour dragon but had no idea what the timer meant.

Melovesonil2
05-10-17, 08:13 AM
Silly question, but do you start the boost before, or after you plant crops?

njbhugjjgnj
05-10-17, 08:23 AM
Silly question, but do you start the boost before, or after you plant crops?

Before

katali119
05-10-17, 09:56 AM
After :)

Hartoled
05-11-17, 11:51 PM
I do know one thing, I've never failed to have a crash when using one of the 10x boosts. They should be for an hour and five minutes so that I can crash and still get my full benefit from them. If you are speed breeding, that nest time benefit dwindles really quickly, and not having eggs up is a huge wasted potential.

glenngenius
05-12-17, 06:40 PM
Lucky you for the non-crashing of the game while using the 10x boosts. Sadly for me, whenever I use the 10x boost, my game crashes after 5-10 minutes of using it, wasting like 3-5 minutes (which is definitely a big deal when you're in a spree of speed breeding/hatching).

Hartoled
05-12-17, 09:50 PM
Lucky you for the non-crashing of the game while using the 10x boosts. Sadly for me, whenever I use the 10x boost, my game crashes after 5-10 minutes of using it, wasting like 3-5 minutes (which is definitely a big deal when you're in a spree of speed breeding/hatching).

That's what I was saying. Always crashes and the time you lose really costs big, after working so hard to get those boosts in the first place.

glenngenius
05-12-17, 10:28 PM
Oops! Sorry, I misread your post! Hahaha. Annoying, isn't it? I mean, it's really a big deal since time is precious whenever you use the boosts. >_<

Hartoled
05-12-17, 10:43 PM
Oops! Sorry, I misread your post! Hahaha. Annoying, isn't it? I mean, it's really a big deal since time is precious whenever you use the boosts. >_<

Yep, if you planned out your breeding program, you could easily have put a dozen dragons through a couple of nests in that five minutes that you lost. I know they reckon it as only losing an hour or so, for that amount of time, but that 1 hour to finish seems to click up to 3 hours in no time at all, and the loss of concentration while you are cussing the ads that are popping up between you and your objective, while logging on, is really annoying.

For me, the first half hour of a boost is all that's worth speeding through. After that, diminishing returns make it less and less attractive to take that last dragon off the nest.

Reggie9279
05-28-17, 02:41 AM
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to get boosts. Do I have to earn them then how and if I can buy them where,? Thanks

Could anyone tell me how to earn or buy Boosts? Thanks

busybee222
05-30-17, 02:56 AM
Have anyone have problem using the 2x farm boost? I have 7/8 2x and 3of 5x farm boost. I have no problem using the 5x but couldn't use the 2x? I tap on 2x boost and the boost not activated ( no activation countdown)?

glenngenius
05-30-17, 05:03 AM
Have anyone have problem using the 2x farm boost? I have 7/8 2x and 3of 5x farm boost. I have no problem using the 5x but couldn't use the 2x? I tap on 2x boost and the boost not activated ( no activation countdown)?

Try restarting your game and tap the boost again. Maybe that'll help. :)

Bastiaan0
05-30-17, 10:16 AM
As far as I know this is a known (little) bug, the clicking area is slightly off-center relative to the icon. If I remember correctly, you ought to tap the icon a bit to the left, just around the little clock in the icon. Just try it, it should work ;)