PDA

View Full Version : Solved Issues after updating the app

izzyiza
11-03-16, 03:30 PM
Hello,

I just updated the app on my iPad. I was able to get in the game afterwars, collect items, and then complete stage 2 of the blue bridge. Then I got a pop up where the text was gibberish (you know that kind of Latin text that we see sometimes in previews of features, etc. As an example?). I closed the message and then noticed that a few of the games' icons were gone like the one to access the tasks to complete, or access buildings to buy, etc. I force closed the app and restarted it, it sticks to 29% charging but never opens up. I restarted my iPad, nothing.

I can access the game on my iPhone where I did not update the game and it registered the actions I made before the app acted weird on my iPad.

Anyone else having issues?

[S8] Walt
11-03-16, 03:51 PM
Sorry about this! We are currently looking into the text issue. Can you try reinstalling the game on your iPad? If that doesn't help, please visit support.storm8.com (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us) and submit a request. Once you receive a ticket number, send me a PM.

jptheripper
11-03-16, 03:51 PM
Same here sticking at 29%

izzyiza
11-03-16, 04:17 PM
And now my iPhone app is acting up. It's having the same issue that others reported here a while back when they would deliver the last order to level up a shop to 5 stars and the app would crash. When I open it, the shop is back to 4 1/2 stars and I have a new final order to complete. I have yet to update my iPhone app.

izzyiza
11-03-16, 04:18 PM
Walt;1364684']Sorry about this! We are currently looking into the text issue. Can you try reinstalling the game on your iPad? If that doesn't help, please visit support.storm8.com (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us) and submit a request. Once you receive a ticket number, send me a PM.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try to reinstall now.

mumsukis
11-03-16, 04:35 PM
Same problem using Acer tablet lost parts for building bridge and a hammer very upset

monstertop
11-03-16, 04:46 PM
Is this after the 1.2.4 update? Wondering if I should hold before updating.

izzyiza
11-03-16, 04:49 PM
The reinstall worked on my iPad so I installed it on my iPhone hoping it would fix the crashing issue after the last delivery of a shop. Sadly it did not solve it. The first time, it crashed. The second time, the delivery was completed and I got the items for that last delivery. I closed the app and opened it. The shop is back to 4 1/2 stars. :mad:

izzyiza
11-03-16, 06:25 PM
The reinstall worked on my iPad so I installed it on my iPhone hoping it would fix the crashing issue after the last delivery of a shop. Sadly it did not solve it. The first time, it crashed. The second time, the delivery was completed and I got the items for that last delivery. I closed the app and opened it. The shop is back to 4 1/2 stars. :mad:

Tried once again to make the final delivery and, again, when the screen with the rewards appears, the game freezes and restarts, and it didn't save the final delivery.

Rynetory2
11-03-16, 06:42 PM
Tried once again to make the final delivery and, again, when the screen with the rewards appears, the game freezes and restarts, and it didn't save the final delivery.

Are you able to play on either devices and are you using version 1.2.4?

izzyiza
11-03-16, 06:43 PM
Are you able to play on either devices and are you using version 1.2.4?

I am able to play on both devices and both now have the 1.2.4 update. I reinstalled it on both.

I submitted a ticket to S8

Rynetory2
11-03-16, 06:46 PM
I am able to play on both devices and both now have the 1.2.4 update. I reinstalled it on both.

Just to be sure, you are having issues only when submitting the final business order. Do you have other issues?

izzyiza
11-03-16, 06:50 PM
Just to be sure, you are having issues only when submitting the final business order. Do you have other issues?

Just that issue for now. It records my deliveries for to get stars below the 5th one, I am able to craft items, and I was able to continue to complete the boardwalk order (I will be able to see if I can submit the last boardwalk item in about three minutes).

Rynetory2
11-03-16, 06:54 PM
Just that issue for now. It records my deliveries for to get stars below the 5th one, I am able to craft items, and I was able to continue to complete the boardwalk order (I will be able to see if I can submit the last boardwalk item in about three minutes).

Oh so your game freezes when you submit any business order? Yes please let me know what issues you have so I'll help to flag in and also keep a lookout for other members too? Thanks for your updates. :)

I submitted a ticket to S8
You can send your ticket number to Walt as he mentioned.

izzyiza
11-03-16, 06:56 PM

I was able to complete all the boardwalk orders. So it looks like the only issue is indeed when submitting the last business order.

izzyiza
11-03-16, 06:59 PM
Oh so your game freezes when you submit any business order? Yes please let me know what issues you have so I'll help to flag in and also keep a lookout for other members too? Thanks for your updates. :)

You can send your ticket number to Walt as he mentioned.

Thanks for the help. I sent ? PM to Walt. I'll keep trying to submit the final business orders to see if some will work.

Rynetory2
11-03-16, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the help. I sent ? PM to Walt. I'll keep trying to submit the final business orders to see if some will work.

I've just updated my game to version 1.2.4 and submitted a last biz order and it's working fine. I'm not sure but from what I know, some members had issues submitting the last order due to device resources. Try the suggestions in http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91806-Dream-City-General-Bugs-and-Issues&p=1300764&viewfull=1#post1300764 and see if it helps.

Rynetory2
11-03-16, 07:19 PM
Is this after the 1.2.4 update? Wondering if I should hold before updating.

My game is fine after updating.

Rynetory2
11-03-16, 07:22 PM
Same here sticking at 29%

I was stuck at 29% for a bit. I deleted the game and reinstalled it and it worked fine. You may like to try that. :)

Rynetory2
11-03-16, 07:24 PM
Same problem using Acer tablet lost parts for building bridge and a hammer very upset

Can you try reinstalling and see if it helps? You may like to take a look and try the suggestions in http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91806-Dream-City-General-Bugs-and-Issues&p=1300764&viewfull=1#post1300764 if you're still having issues after reinstallation.

izzyiza
11-04-16, 02:05 PM
I was able to complete four final business orders today and they all worked. So, it looks like everything is back in order for me. :)

Thanks everyone for the help

Rynetory2
11-04-16, 05:56 PM
I was able to complete four final business orders today and they all worked. So, it looks like everything is back in order for me. :)

Thanks everyone for the help

Glad that your game is working fine. Have fun! :)

izzyiza
11-05-16, 01:19 PM
:(

It's acting up again. This time the game restarted on its own after I collected from the mayor building and, the second time I was able to collect there but it restarted after I made a business delivery (not the final one). I hope that it's just a hiccup on the servers and that it'll work ok soon. I'll wait a few minutes and try again.

izzyiza
11-06-16, 08:20 PM
:(

It's acting up again. This time the game restarted on its own after I collected from the mayor building and, the second time I was able to collect there but it restarted after I made a business delivery (not the final one). I hope that it's just a hiccup on the servers and that it'll work ok soon. I'll wait a few minutes and try again.

All seems ok now. :)

Rynetory2
11-06-16, 08:28 PM
Oh good! :) btw please update your game to version 1.2.6 for bug fixes.