PDA

View Full Version : Solved Bridges completed, but can't build on new land

green_mice
10-30-16, 04:45 AM
I've completed building both of the new bridges, and the new plots of land have opened up; but every time I try to place a new building, or even just a road, the whole game crashes. Its so frustrating! Plus, once the game restarts the building or road that I tried to place is gone, and all I have in the new areas is blank empty space again :(

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but it hasn't helped.

Rynetory2
10-30-16, 08:04 AM
Oh dear, sorry to hear that you are having issues! :( Can you restart your device and start your game without other apps? Please check that your device has plenty of space. Hope this helps.

green_mice
10-31-16, 06:16 AM
Hi, I've tried restarting my phone, and I have plenty of memory available, the problem is still there. Sometimes if I'm lucky after the game crashes, one or two tiles of road remain.
Am I the only one having this issue?

Rynetory2
10-31-16, 06:57 AM
Sorry that the issue still persists! So far, I'm only seeing your report on inability to use the new land but I'll keep a lookout for others. As for you, I'm going to send you to Support for further investigation on your game and device. I really hope you'll get to use your land soon! Congrats on finishing both bridges. You did extremely well. :)

Please contact Support: http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

monstertop
10-31-16, 11:21 AM
Completed the City Harbor Bridge:

http://i.imgur.com/pDHKTuXh.jpg

Two free spaces as you can see.

FYI - If I try to edit roads or move the Chesterfield Castle, my game crashes and reloads.

This is happening for me too after I opened the City Harbor Bridge. Game keeps crashing when I try to work on the new land.

TheRedElephant
10-31-16, 06:05 PM
I am having problems too! I was level 30 when I built both bridges and bought some land. I was able to build roads, open new shops and landmarks. Everything was going fine until I leveled up to 31. Now I can't build anything on the new land. Game crashes, resets and freezes. Have done the hard shut off and have plenty of memory.

24girl
10-31-16, 06:54 PM
My roads aren't being detected so my people aren't being counted. :mad:

Mamatampa
10-31-16, 07:43 PM
Exact same problem here. can't do anything with the empty plot.

Same thing here..can't build on new plot at all.

Rynetory2
10-31-16, 08:40 PM
Oh dear, seems like there may be a bug somewhere. I've reported this for the team to check for us. You need not write in to Support. Please hold on for now, will post when I've more news on this. Sorry guys! :(

MountainLady3
11-01-16, 05:07 AM
I have the same problem....I am not able to add buildings/landmarks on the new property after bridge was completed.34255

qprpaul
11-01-16, 06:39 AM
Exact same problem for me.

I did notice that the Castle 'jumps' from the right to the left of the new squares when you complete the bridge.

I tried storing my vineyard to see if moving the castle onto another island helped but now can't move it back so have temporarily lost my vineyard and it's 240 people.

qprpaul
11-01-16, 07:09 AM
Exact same problem for me.

Update - my game is now stable as long as I don't attempt one more road piece towards the bottom right of this picture:

Note - I have no problem at all with the Golden Gate bridge, it's just the City Harbour giving me problems.

coolina123
11-01-16, 08:25 AM
Me too. The game crashes as soon as I try to touch the new plot

miep66
11-01-16, 02:27 PM
Same problem, uninstalled, reinstalled etc.

24girl
11-01-16, 04:18 PM
My roads aren't being detected so my people aren't being counted. :mad:

Well I feel dumb! I added roads but they weren't connected to the roads on the other side of the bridge. Once I did that my problem was solved.

Rynetory2
11-01-16, 07:10 PM
@Green_mice, monstertop, TheRedElephant, and Mamatampa - CM has checked that you have buildings being built on the new land. Are you still having issues? Please let us know if you are. Thanks.

Rynetory2
11-01-16, 07:11 PM
Well I feel dumb! I added roads but they weren't connected to the roads on the other side of the bridge. Once I did that my problem was solved.

CM has moved your buildings earlier to unblock your road. Glad to hear that your game is fine now. :)

Rynetory2
11-01-16, 07:12 PM
Anyone still having issues? Please let me know if you are. Thanks.

2016chewvl
11-01-16, 08:07 PM
Hi. I am still having the same problem where the game freezes and then restart whenever I try to place roads/business/landmarks on the new land after the blue bridge. Thanks for your help!

Dmjs411
11-01-16, 08:30 PM
Mine is doing the same thing. Crashes every time I go past a certain point on the new land.

Melodyrenae2
11-01-16, 09:35 PM
My game crashes every time I try to build anything on my new land as well. Is this a known but they're working to correct?

qprpaul
11-02-16, 02:55 AM
Anyone still having issues? Please let me know if you are. Thanks.

My situation is unchanged from my last post. I can use the Island as far as that picture shows - one square further and it crashes.

TheRedElephant
11-02-16, 05:02 AM
@Green_mice, monstertop, TheRedElephant, and Mamatampa - CM has checked that you have buildings being built on the new land. Are you still having issues? Please let us know if you are. Thanks.

I am still having problems on the land near Chesterfield Castle. The part that is built was built when I was level 30. Once I leveled up to 31 my problems started of not being able to build on the land. Tried it again this morning, no luck. Also haven't gotten any parts for the castle and have completed at least 10 businesses. The other section across the bridge is working fine.

Rynetory2
11-02-16, 07:29 AM
Appreciate all your feedback, everyone. I've flagged it over that this issue still persists.

monstertop
11-02-16, 09:36 AM
Can we also double check whether or not the lack of appearance of drops for Chesterfield Castle is related to this bug? I know they're supposed to be rare, but I don't think they should be to the point of non-existence. Has anyone gotten one?

P.S. I know what I'm asking may be unrelated, but I felt that this thread has the most people who've completed the bridge and can confirm for me whether or not people got drops to build the new points of interests.

Melodyrenae2
11-02-16, 10:00 AM
Can we also double check whether or not the lack of appearance of drops for Chesterfield Castle is related to this bug? I know they're supposed to be rare, but I don't think they should be to the point of non-existence. Has anyone gotten one?

I haven't gotten one either and I've completed at LEAST ten shops since unlocking the land with the castle on it. Nothing.

jc522
11-02-16, 12:20 PM
My game is crashing also same as described above

SparklyOctopus
11-02-16, 01:03 PM
Hey guys. I've checked all of your accounts (except for 2016chewvl. :( Your forum account does not have a Dream City account) and it seems like you guys are building on the new plot of land. Are you guys still encountering this?

magleston
11-02-16, 01:16 PM
Hey guys. I've checked all of your accounts (except for 2016chewvl. :( Your forum account does not have a Dream City account) and it seems like you guys are building on the new plot of land. Are you guys still encountering this?

Yes, it is still a problem. Also, no compasses or lifeguard donuts are being generated.

SparklyOctopus
11-02-16, 01:26 PM
Yes, it is still a problem. Also, no compasses or lifeguard donuts are being generated.

Thanks for letting us know. What are you trying to place down on the piece of land?

magleston
11-02-16, 01:54 PM
Thanks for letting us know. What are you trying to place down on the piece of land?

Doesn't matter. Nothing will stay. You are allowed to place anything that fits (road or building) but the game resets after a few seconds and removes the item.

monstertop
11-02-16, 01:58 PM
Update - my game is now stable as long as I don't attempt one more road piece towards the bottom right of this picture:

Note - I have no problem at all with the Golden Gate bridge, it's just the City Harbour giving me problems.

Hey Mods, I think you need to focus on this post when reporting over to the devs. We're all having trouble going to that empty piece of land. It crashes as soon as we touch any of that, i.e. build roads, place buildings.

SparklyOctopus
11-02-16, 02:06 PM
Hey Mods, I think you need to focus on this post when reporting over to the devs. We're all having trouble going to that empty piece of land. It crashes as soon as we touch any of that, i.e. build roads, place buildings.

Thanks for letting us know. :) We are looking into this issue and grabbing any additional information you guys can give.

Mika012
11-02-16, 02:55 PM
Mine keeps crashing as well.. but only if a landmark or civic building is placed. Doesn't crash with businesses or homes.
Haven't received any drops of lifesavers upon mastering a business either.

SparklyOctopus
11-02-16, 03:02 PM
Mine keeps crashing as well.. but only if a landmark or civic building is placed. Doesn't crash with businesses or homes.
Haven't received any drops of lifesavers upon mastering a business either.

Hmm, thanks for letting us know. I've been getting the drops for the lifesavers and the compasses. Can you try mastering some more businesses to see if they drop?

magleston
11-02-16, 03:07 PM
Hmm, thanks for letting us know. I've been getting the drops for the lifesavers and the compasses. Can you try mastering some more businesses to see if they drop?

I've mastered over 30 businesses since my first bridge completion three days ago. Nada.

SparklyOctopus
11-02-16, 03:25 PM
I've mastered over 30 businesses since my first bridge completion three days ago. Nada.

It is a rare drop so it may take a bit. Can you try mastering a couple more businesses and see if it shows up?

magleston
11-02-16, 04:37 PM
It is a rare drop so it may take a bit. Can you try mastering a couple more businesses and see if it shows up?

and the very next mastered business produces a compass. Very interesting :rolleyes:

SparklyOctopus
11-02-16, 04:44 PM
and the very next mastered business produces a compass. Very interesting :rolleyes:

Glad to hear it's working for you. :)

jptheripper
11-02-16, 05:53 PM
Glad to hear it's working for you. :)

Same here crashing if I put anything on that far right spot. And no drops,

SparklyOctopus
11-02-16, 06:01 PM
Same here crashing if I put anything on that far right spot. And no drops,

The team is investigating the crashing. The drops, you should be encountering. Please try mastering a few more businesses. It is a rare drop so it may take a while to get one or it was an unlucky streak.

judyvines
11-02-16, 06:07 PM
I'm having the same issues with using the expansion space nearest the second bridge. I moved the Castle to expansion space nearest the first bridge and am avoiding the space at the second bridge until the issue is resolved. I have completed four businesses since completing both bridges and have collected one life saver but no compasses. As my mother always said....."patience is a virtue".

Rynetory2
11-02-16, 07:24 PM
FYI

For anyone who isn't getting special parts, feel free to post your feedback in Not getting special parts for Points of Interest / Locations (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93594-Not-getting-special-parts-for-Points-of-Interest-Locations) thread in Suggestions and Feedback forum. Thanks. :)

These drops will get harder as you get into further and further expansions. :)

pun8
11-03-16, 06:57 AM
Same problem after harbour bridge. Golden bridge was fine. Here can't build anything! Frustrating! Things keep disappearing and game keeps crashing the minute I do something in the new land! Please do something!

clarontinalisa
11-03-16, 08:28 AM
I have exactly the same issue as all previous posts. 2 plots opened up and the building moved and can't build on the plot to the right but I can build on the plot at the end of the bridge

whoyouis
11-03-16, 02:11 PM
still an issue for me. Also it's been several days since the expansion and I have not received any lifeguard donuts so I can't complete the castle repair.

pun8
11-03-16, 10:50 PM
Finally could place buildings in area after harbour bridge. But only one drop and I have mastered so many businesses since opening the bridges. Just one drop of lifeguard doughnut

monstertop
11-04-16, 08:05 AM
Me too. I tried it after seeing your comment. It works for me now too.

Rynetory2
11-04-16, 08:21 AM
Ops I forgot to post earlier. My game is fixed too, I am able to use the new lands after both bridges. Please check yours. :)

michelec357
11-04-16, 10:17 AM
I have same same issue!

Rynetory2
11-05-16, 06:47 AM
I have same same issue!

Can you check your game again? Which version are you using?

MountainLady3
11-06-16, 10:45 AM
After I deleted the game and installed the updated app, my Dream City game worked again, and I was able to add landmarks and civic buildings at the Bridge! Thanks for the fix, Storm8! 34367

Rynetory2
11-07-16, 03:52 AM
That's awesome! Welcome back! :D

pearlkat
11-07-16, 02:50 PM
Why can't I build across the bridges? I have land I can' t use at all.

SparklyOctopus
11-07-16, 03:01 PM
Sorry to hear that! Are you are unable to place them? Do you experience a sync error when you do? Please let us know so that we may investigate further.

purple_58
11-07-16, 03:34 PM
Having same problem, I cannot place anything on the new land, even though I have placed the roads, it's very frustrating after opening the bridges and getting the land and not being able to use it!!! I have restarted my iPad and reinstalled the game but still no joy 😔😔

SparklyOctopus
11-07-16, 03:53 PM
Having same problem, I cannot place anything on the new land, even though I have placed the roads, it's very frustrating after opening the bridges and getting the land and not being able to use it!!! I have restarted my iPad and reinstalled the game but still no joy ����

What do you see when you try to place a building?

purple_58
11-08-16, 03:43 PM
What do you see when you try to place a building?

Red bubble with a road icon above the building. I've tested every type of building with same result. I've opened 4 pieces of land, all with the same result. Hope this helps.

SparklyOctopus
11-08-16, 04:00 PM
Red bubble with a road icon above the building. I've tested every type of building with same result. I've opened 4 pieces of land, all with the same result. Hope this helps.

Hey there! Took a look at your account, the reason it's showing up like that is because the road is not connected to the bridge. I've moved the 5 Star Carne Con Carnival to your new plot of land. You should be fine now.

Rynetory2
11-08-16, 06:15 PM
Why can't I build across the bridges? I have land I can' t use at all.

Are you able to repair your bridges? What happens when you click on them?

purple_58
11-08-16, 10:03 PM
Thanks heaps :D

LauraV1
11-10-16, 07:34 AM
Thanks for getting this fixed for us.

Rynetory2
11-11-16, 05:52 PM
Great to hear that your game is working fine now. Thanks for your updates. :)