PDA

View Full Version : Answered Spooky hollow chapter 8 stuck!

ncas17
10-27-16, 08:17 AM
Storm8 Id: ncas17
iOS

I am stuck on chapter 8 of the spooky hollow event. According to my news feed, at least 10 of my neighbors have responded to my request for haunted steel, however the quest pop up is still showing only 4 of 10 received. I can't move onto the next step in the chapter and I have tried forcing the app to close and restart and it still isn't crediting me for the recieved materials. Please help! I am losing valuable time in this event!!

Meowmeowbeans
10-27-16, 11:27 AM
Thanks for letting us know about this issue, ncas17! You should now have the Haunted Steel needed for this Chapter. Please let us know if you have any further issues!

monsville13
10-27-16, 01:31 PM
I have been stuck on chapter 8 with 19 received request for haunted steel, but I've had 20 come through my messages. I've been adding neighbors and sending them request and still at 19, how will I ever finish on time? can some help?

monsville13

SpiritWind00
10-27-16, 03:43 PM
If you can see responses in your news feed, but they are not showing up in your event book, you MUST force close your game. The game needs to sync with the S8 servers.

Force closing means that you double click the home button and swipe up and off the screen the thumbnail pic of the app. This clears the cache (memory) and improves the performance of your device. You should do this regularly.

daylily9
10-27-16, 04:00 PM
I was also having the same problem stuck at 19 responses even though I sent out a lot of requests .I sent one out to my neighbor late morning she sent it back but I still haven't received it yet. I did use gems to get my lantern started so I would not be behind .I have closed my game and my app so I'm just hoping this doesn't happen again.Thanks

I forgot to add my ID daylily 9

samiam853
10-27-16, 04:41 PM
I sent requests to my 50+ neighbors this morning, and I have received 17 since then. I have even added new neighbors and sent requests but have not gotten past 17 responses. Meanwhile I have been answering my neighbors' requests so I know they are on.

I have forced closed many times, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still at 17. I have no other quests in my log book so that couldn't be clogging up the line.

ncas17
10-27-16, 04:45 PM
Thanks for letting us know about this issue, ncas17! You should now have the Haunted Steel needed for this Chapter. Please let us know if you have any further issues!

Thank you!! :)

RileyBug624
10-27-16, 05:48 PM
I just force closed my game. At 3 a.m. I sent 63 requests for haunted steel. I have only had response from 13. I just cleared a few people off my neighborhood list but at the last event I added about 20 people because of the neighbor tasks in these events. I can't believe only 13 have responded in 18 hours now! I thought the slaying of 50 were beasts was going to be the deal breaker on this event. Looks like the neighbors is the real trouble. Can't you give us an alternative to having neighbors respond? My stormID is RileyBug624.

mrsrobinson89
10-27-16, 06:26 PM
I am stuck on 14 steel since about 11am this morning. I have restarted force closed reinstalled deleted nothing, lots and lots of times. Probably every 15-30 minutes. I added 16 new neighbors have gotten their requests and sent them back. I have received nothing. Any help would be appreciated although I'm sure it's too late. This glitch is very disappointing and discouraging especially due to the amount of time I have played during this event. Thanks. My ID is mrsrobinson89

SaraWat
10-27-16, 06:52 PM
I have the same problem with steel. Sent almost 100 requests as soon as time started and now still only have 11. I've forced close many times, uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing. No I fear I cannot finish this event after putting in so many days of work. I don't think I have the heart to play any more

Id is SaraWat

SpiritWind00
10-27-16, 07:28 PM
It's after hours now (7.30pm) for S8 staff. I would suggest in the meantime, you force close - multiple times may be necessary, and you get yourselves new neighbours. Look in the Add Me forum (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?110-Castle-Story-Add-Me). All the players who posted in the X Marks the Spot add me thread are active players and were able to take on new neighbours for requests.

When I did this goal last night, none of mine showed either, but I could see the news feed showed a response had been made. Force closing does work. In a short time, the goal auto completed.

samiam853
10-27-16, 08:01 PM
I have forced closed, uninstalled and my last response according to my news feed came in 12 hours ago, yet I still am receiving requests from neighbors. I have added about 10 neighbors and requested from them and still nothing.

Now I am behind and have to scramble to catch up tomorrow.

SaraWat
10-28-16, 12:47 AM
Did as you suggested and added loads of new neighbours but still had to wait till the next day to fill steel requirement. Now I'm a whole day behind and don't know how I'll ever finish after putting in so much time and resource :(

dicktrom
10-28-16, 01:27 AM
I also have met with the same problem. Yesterday I was stuck on 15. I sent exactly 20 request to neighbors of whom I KNOW are active. I askes one if she received it and she said that she accepted. This morning I made new requests and can move on now. But I have to make up 10 hours from yesterdays goals. After that at least 10 hours more for todays goals. I am wondering if this goalbook is realistic. Especialy with a bug flying around.

londoyn315
10-28-16, 02:48 AM
I am having an issue as well with the haunted steel. I did the forced close and still nothing.

monsville13
10-28-16, 06:02 AM
Well I gem through to craft the lantern last night no refund of the gems but 7 haunted steel in my inventory.

samiam853
10-28-16, 06:24 AM
Deleted and reinstalled the game again, sent requests this morning and I have 5 responses in my feed from 3 hours ago to 5 minutes ago but i only have 18 responses registering. I deleted (3rd time) and re-installed and still at 18 responses.

Ridiculous...so glad this isn't a timed event...oh wait:mad:

**Update**
Finally received the last responses after i sent a new request to Stormie and my other neighbors. Total of 24 hours. I now have to play catch up between today and tomorrow meaning 12 adventures to be sent before the event ends. Seriously?!? :mad:

Good job S8. You really need to re-evaluate this neighbor request requirement or fix your system so that there are not so many glitches when it comes to neighbor requests.

Lucinda1989
10-28-16, 08:32 PM
This morning I collected my 3rd sleepy hollow on chapter 7, I decided to speed up the fourth trip and paid the 16 gems, gems were deducted, journey was completed but was not counted in the event. I force closed turned off my device which did not help. I paid another 16 gems and went through the steps again. This time it went through. Now I'm stuck on 19 steel since this morning, after sending out requests to all 79 of my neighbors.

Lucinda1989
Located in central time zone USA

SpiritWind00
10-28-16, 10:52 PM
I've put through a report on this issue for you all.

SpiritWind00
10-29-16, 04:15 PM
S8 had reports of sync errors from users who are from Northern Europe yesterday around 10 am because of a network outage there. That may be the reason you encountered progress rolling back. If youre not from this area, please post location and whether you're still experiencing issues.

tweeps
10-29-16, 05:15 PM
I think there's an issue with the timer on my game. I didn't start it immediately (20th), but the next day (31st)
Now it's saying my goal ends in 6 hours.
That's only 9 days to complete it.
I started the event less than a day later on my other id on a different device, and that event still has over 2 days left.
I've lost 24 hours somewhere.

Ps. I'm in Ireland so I'm not sure if this may be affected by the Northern Europe servers issue mentioned.

caron7
10-29-16, 06:41 PM
I just want to add that my friend in Denmark cannot access her games or the forum at all since Friday afternoon. She is not doing this quest. I am mentioning this specifically because she cannot access the forum. This could mean CS players trying to complete the quest also cannot access the forum to tell you they are having an issue. Good luck everyone! I am very sorry this has happened to you during the quest and I hope it works out!

jewelsagain
10-29-16, 07:35 PM
I'm stuck on chapter 8. I've sent out 100's if request & am stuck at 19. Please fix the bug so I can continue. At 1st I got no responses so I resent the request & they finally went through but didn't get any responses. I have bunches of neighbors that play through out the day as I do & still nothing. I forced closed then I had 19. It's been a while so I checked again & still 19. Please guys the last "goal" like this I had trouble & wasn't able to finish it.
Id: jewelsagain

jewelsagain
10-29-16, 07:39 PM
ID jewelsagain
Thank you so much for your quick response to my bug

Lucinda1989
10-29-16, 09:02 PM
S8 had reports of sync errors from users who are from Northern Europe yesterday around 10 am because of a network outage there. That may be the reason you encountered progress rolling back. If youre not from this area, please post location and whether you're still experiencing issues.

I'm located in central time zone USA I'd is: lucinda1989

tan5314
10-29-16, 09:23 PM
I can hardly access the forum during the last 1.5 days. It took me half a day to get to this page and I'm not sure I'll be able to post this comment. I don't even see any images in the page as if the links are broken.
The error is:
"The site can't be reached
forums.storm8.com took too long to respond"

And I've been having problems with logging in the game all this time and my progress seems to be rarely saved when I log out.

pippilongstocking1
10-29-16, 09:32 PM
I'm located in central time zone USA I'd is: lucinda1989

Hi, I am level 50 and started on the last day in Spooky Hollow Sunday morning CMT. I quickly collected 47 of the 50 Haunted Straws for the Broom but then my Farmhouses totally stopped dropping and despite multiple force closures, deleting, reinstallation and trying all other thinkable solution varieties, I have not been able to get the last 3... I gave all other required materials for the final 6 adventures etc but without this 3 Haunted Straws I am totally stuck. Anyone else who have experienced the same? I have tried to contact Storm 8... no reply so far but I hope they will fix this issue and extend the game time allowing me (and others?) to finish the game we have put in a lot of time and effort for👍🙏

dreamangelus
10-30-16, 02:23 AM
For 3 days he throws me out of the game. I can not finish the quest because it always starts again from the beginning :( and always comes back on the tablet it is an online game. :mad:

tan5314
10-30-16, 02:25 AM
I can hardly access the forum during the last 1.5 days. It took me half a day to get to this page and I'm not sure I'll be able to post this comment. I don't even see any images in the page as if the links are broken.
The error is:
"The site can't be reached
forums.storm8.com took too long to respond"

And I've been having problems with logging in the game all this time and my progress seems to be rarely saved when I log out.

The game and the forum are back to normal.
I'm behind schedule, of course, but if the issues with neighbors, straws, etc. have been solved I still have a chance...

SpiritWind00
10-30-16, 03:09 AM
For 3 days he throws me out of the game. I can not finish the quest because it always starts again from the beginning :( and always comes back on the tablet it is an online game. :mad:
If you are in Northern Europe, there are some issues going on with S8 servers. It may not be you... It could be fixed as there are posts in other forums saying so. I would reinstall your game if still now not working.

Moved to the right thread.

littelprince0313
10-30-16, 03:20 AM
If you are in Northern Europe, there are some issues going on with S8 servers. It may not be you... It could be fixed as there are posts in other forums saying so. I would reinstall your game if still now not working.

Moved to the right thread.

Ok im northern Europe but how can I find out if thats the reason?
I wanted to log into a new game with my old advice and then the question: guest hasnt a password yet. I clicked ok but instead of my normal account there came opps there was a problem and now all my games are logged out on my Iphone. I now this isnt line someone died but I played for three years invested a lot of money in CS and FF could there any chance that my old account is somehow lost?!?! I can still visit it from other kingdoms but I've read that other people have lost accounts before and this would be some of the worst things I could think of
Not so important is that today is my last day of the Storybook and I will loose out on the witch.
Im just freaked out cause I can still log in into my other accounts
P.S. i had also trouble visiting the forum these last days
Sw please try to calm me down... as i dont know much about the technical possibilites of S8

SpiritWind00
10-30-16, 03:29 AM
I imagine it is related. What game do you use to switch between accounts? Maybe try another. Your games are all stored with S8, so nothing will be lost. :) I use bakery. Storm8 can transfer your games back if need be.

Logging into the forum is definitely one of the problems so I think you would be safe to assume its your location.

Don't freak out about the event just yet. Let's wait to hear from S8.

littelprince0313
10-30-16, 03:32 AM
Hey thanks for quick answer. Ok that's a relief. So even if I cant log in S8 has it :)
I use candy mania- which other one could i use?

SpiritWind00
10-30-16, 03:35 AM
Fruit frenzy, restaurant story2, bakery story all have login features.

Instructions: Please follow the instructions in this link to retrieve your game. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1070887&viewfull=1#post1070887

I find bakery the easiest as I have that game.

littelprince0313
10-30-16, 03:42 AM
Ok still not working.
Im just still worried cause of this guest thing- my account cant be lost of that right? I played for years as littelprincess0313 so overwriting the guest couldnt somehow changed/mixed that up
And like I said the witch isnt my main problem right now.
Im repeating: S8 has my data, S8 has my data ��

SpiritWind00
10-30-16, 03:49 AM
:) your game is safe. All progress is stored on their servers, not your device. That's what allows you to play on multiple devices. I have to go offline now, sleep awaits, but keep an eye on this thread for others who may also post. I'll check in on you in the morning. There are events running across lots of games, so many players affected by the server issues. For now, we just to wait... :) (I know, very hard!:))

littelprince0313
10-30-16, 03:53 AM
Ok ok I will be patient. So they can access it even I cant- But is there a way they couldnt find it oO
So sleep tight and thanks. I wasnt really active over the years but I always read and what you do did always help me a lot- of course the most this time
And should I contact them seperately? Or wait until the Big issue is fixed?

caron7
10-30-16, 03:58 AM
I just want to add that my friend in Denmark cannot access her games or the forum at all since Friday afternoon. She is not doing this quest. I am mentioning this specifically because she cannot access the forum. This could mean CS players trying to complete the quest also cannot access the forum to tell you they are having an issue. Good luck everyone! I am very sorry this has happened to you during the quest and I hope it works out!

This morning, my friend can reliably access her games again. I hope the same for others? Though too late for event. I do hope there is a solution.

Scratte717
10-30-16, 05:21 AM
I am located in Eastern Europe and also could not access games, forum or even storm8 homepage startiong from Saturday morning. Tried 3 different ISPs. From 9pm Saturday I succeded to launch game from one provider, but it is only now when I can reach it also from my mobile provider and finally can get to forums
Sadly - chapter 10 started for me at 10am , so I could start working on it only at 9pm :( So I had to use gems to speed up and to get it completed in few hours.
4 gems left on my account now - but at least - Witch is happily flying around my kingdom :)

tvangstanke
10-30-16, 06:11 AM
Two of my Norwegian friends started the Spooky Hollow event the day after it was launched. I and my other Norwegian friends were one day ahead of them, and fed them information on how best to prepare for the upcoming day's requirements.

Saturday morning (Central European Time) these two friends woke up to find their event timers having skipped a whole day. As their goals for Day 9 was released, their timers showed < 1 day left.
So their timers had synced up with ours, as we started on the goals for Day 10. This means they had to complete all the goals for two days in less than 24 hours!

They were very upset yesterday. And today, after having spent hundreds of gems to complete the event in spite of this bug, they are completely outraged.

SpiritWind, could you please advise on how I can help them. Although they've both played since the pink glimmer forest version featuring the LoveShack, they're not on the forum.

Tiramisalla
10-30-16, 11:46 AM
Ugh. I think a similar thing happened to me! I didn't note when I started Spooky Hollow, but everything was "on time" except for the Day 8 neighbor requests taking all day. But I managed to "catch up" and should have been able to finish. I was very surprised this morning to see that I have less than a day left to complete 2 days of the event!? What!? I'm still playing in hopes that this was a "jump ahead timer" glitch, but unless my timer resets, there is no way I can do Day 9 and 10 today. Boo.

SpiritWind00
10-30-16, 01:55 PM
I'll see what I can find out... We are waiting on an update from S8.

fehlernr23
10-30-16, 02:01 PM
My problem:

I have a problem with the spooky event: I was at 8.2, asking neighbors for spooky steel. I got 12 steels and paid gems to skip the goal. The next was the creation of the lantern frame. I had all the ingredients and skipped the time. The game loaded again ... Something went wrong ... I was at 8.2 again, got two steel and had to skip it again for 144 gems ... The next task was to create the lantern frame. I got the frame, the items and gems were gone but I had to do it again. So I lost gems and silver/ iron ... I went ahead and am now at the last 9 part.

littelprince0313
10-30-16, 05:33 PM
Hey just wanna say that I still cant log in either games or forum. I know i have to wait and shouldnt panik but Im really scared that I wont be able to log in again and all my stuff in FS and CS is lost :(

cindersparkle
10-30-16, 06:36 PM
I have probably spent over 200 gems to help complete the Spooky Hollow chapters, but the game keeps resetting back to the witches broom. I collected straw and made my broom. After I sent my knights out, I came back in and the game had reset to where I still needed 8 more straw. I collected several times from my farmhouses, but they were no longer giving straw. The goal to send my knights out was also no longer available, but my witches dust had been depleted. I sucked it up and decided to spend gems to get me to the end. I spent 40 to buy straw and then 50 to skip the goal. I sent my knights out again and set my timer to come gather. When I came back the game had reset back to needing the witches broom and my hay still not coming from my farmhouses. I started the event at just over $1,000 gems and now have 850, but I can't even finish the event to get the character and her quest. On top of that, I have lost a substantial amount of gems. Could I please get them refunded?

I will add that I forced shut down the game and device. I play on an iPad and my iPhone 6 on castle story version 1.6.1

Shayhunny
10-31-16, 02:48 AM
I had all my steel but for some reason it reset and now it's telling me to ask for 20 more steel. But I now I got the 20 already because I created the lantern. But it wouldnt let me more forward in chapter 8. Smdh and I only have 21 hours to complete. I am highly disappointed.

littelprince0313
10-31-16, 04:54 AM
I'll see what I can find out... We are waiting on an update from S8.

Hey just checking... have you heard anything yet. I still cant log in (i wrote to the support team but this will take a while...) and there are 3 events at the moment in CS and FS (plus the Storybook in CS which has just ended for me) so I would love to participate at the others - and the longer Im not in my account the more freaked out I get (what if it will NEVER work - Ive read from one in the last event thread that she had to start over >.< does this happen often?!?!?)

And really sorry for all your lost gems but I wish I had the same problem and not mine :(

caron7
10-31-16, 08:38 AM
Hey just checking... have you heard anything yet. I still cant log in (i wrote to the support team but this will take a while...) and there are 3 events at the moment in CS and FS (plus the Storybook in CS which has just ended for me) so I would love to participate at the others - and the longer Im not in my account the more freaked out I get (what if it will NEVER work - Ive read from one in the last event thread that she had to start over >.< does this happen often?!?!?)

And really sorry for all your lost gems but I wish I had the same problem and not mine :(

Other members are reporting that they are at last able to get into the games! I hope this is the same for you. If you have a support ticket number, send it to SpiritWind with a private message so she can follow it. Best wishes!

Tiramisalla
10-31-16, 08:40 AM
I ended up spending approx 60 gems to speed through Chapter 10, along with setting timer to wake up several times so I could finish ... but still think it was an S8 error that skipped me ahead one day. Strongly request that S8 do something to fix the problems with neighbor requests!!!!!!!!!!!

littelprince0313
10-31-16, 08:58 AM
Other members are reporting that they are at last able to get into the games! I hope this is the same for you. If you have a support ticket number, send it to SpiritWind with a private message so she can follow it. Best wishes!

Thx but still not working. My big problem is that I even cant log into my main account - just in the not so important others :(

SparklyOctopus
10-31-16, 11:30 AM
Thx but still not working. My big problem is that I even cant log into my main account - just in the not so important others :(

Sorry to hear that. Everything should be back. Can you check your main account again?

littelprince0313
10-31-16, 12:51 PM
Sorry to hear that. Everything should be back. Can you check your main account again?

Hey it still pops: Wrong user name or password up- so cant still log in.
I had that a while back but only for a few hours not for over a day. Can you help me?! I really wanna play again as there are so many events in FS and Cs :(

SparklyOctopus
10-31-16, 01:11 PM
Hey it still pops: Wrong user name or password up- so cant still log in.
I had that a while back but only for a few hours not for over a day. Can you help me?! I really wanna play again as there are so many events in FS and Cs :(

Hmm, seems like it's not a server issue but an account issue. PM me your account name that you want to get in and I'll take a look.

littelprince0313
10-31-16, 01:16 PM
Hey I sent it to you. But I never wrote a PM here so I hope it worked.

SpiritWind00
11-01-16, 12:41 AM
Hi all, S8 have reported that the server issues in Northern Europe have now resolved. If you are experiencing any connectivity issues, please let us know... cheers.