PDA

View Full Version : Expansion

Unregistered
08-16-10, 09:29 AM
Can anyone tell me how the expansion works? Does it give more land around each house in order to build more?

Unregistered
08-16-10, 10:06 AM
Your city is essentially a grid. It starts at 9x9. So when you expand, it adds another row to the bottom left and bottom right and your grid is now 10x10, and so on and so. Gives you more space to add more buildings, etc.

Death Farmer
08-16-10, 10:22 AM
Your city is essentially a grid. It starts at 9x9. So when you expand, it adds another row to the bottom left and bottom right and your grid is now 10x10, and so on and so. Gives you more space to add more buildings, etc.

I'm still curious what purposes it serves to build any houses or buildings or expansion at all. It seems like you could just level up and build only factories when they were available in a tiny plot of land and exclude everything else.

True, you lose the "cleaning bonus", but really that's such a tiny bonus it's not worth the effort. And it's pretty ridiculous too having to collect cleanings like they were tangible things, and my neighbors are just offering community janitorial services.

I still haven't decided if this game is a keeper or not, if they would have concentrated on making it stand on it's own rather than forcing Farmville type mechanics into it, I'm betting it could have been better and made a lot more sense.

Unregistered
08-16-10, 10:35 AM

THANK you so much!

mook73
08-16-10, 10:04 PM
Expansion is cool but half a millions coins and 10 neighbors just to increase to 15x15? Is it too expensive or what?

Unregistered
08-17-10, 04:17 PM
Expansion is cool but half a millions coins and 10 neighbors just to increase to 15x15? Is it too expensive or what?

It keeps you playing. If expansions were too cheap then you'd quickly expand to maximum and stop.

Unregistered
08-17-10, 04:51 PM

Just so you know you can not just save the 500,000.00 and have ten neighbors and expand from 9x9 to 15x15. You must buy each and every expansion in between.

Hawk 8
08-17-10, 06:10 PM
Expansion in City is more expensive than in Farm, especially considering it is more difficult to earn money in City, but it will make the game more challenging if you wish to maximize your city size.

Unregistered
08-17-10, 10:15 PM
Expansion in City is more expensive than in Farm, especially considering it is more difficult to earn money in City, but it will make the game more challenging if you wish to maximize your city size.

Actually I'm finding it pretty easy to earn money in this game. If you focus on the higher profit items like pretzels for example, you can earn money fast. I've been playing for 3 days and have expanded 3 times. Faster than Farm Story by far.

Unregistered
08-17-10, 10:32 PM
Actually it's really easy for expansion as I have already maxed out the grids, not to mention the statue of liberty is chilling in my back yard.

MRSGEKKO
08-18-10, 03:58 PM

I agree it is an awful lot for expansion, I think they should lower it some

kate.
08-19-10, 09:07 PM
How do expand my city??

Ashley
08-20-10, 12:28 PM
When I first started playing, I played day and night to save up 550,000 to expand to 16x16 and was SOOOO pissed when I found out you had to do it step by step. I got over it. It gets a lot easier when you have more factories. I never do the crappy contracts... do your math and you'll see there are a few that maximize earnings. I set the stopwatch on my iPod and just keep going with the contracts. I'm at a 14x14 lot right now and am almost ready to upgrade to a 15x15.

My question is: how big can the lots potentially get? I never played those farm games - what was the max lot size on there? I hope I can make a large city. This game is called city story, but all the cities I visit look like small towns!!! We need skyscrapers! We need huge lots!

Unregistered
08-21-10, 02:50 PM
Actually it's really easy for expansion as I have already maxed out the grids, not to mention the statue of liberty is chilling in my back yard.

Congrats. That's the most useless reply I've seen yet. How's about actually answering the question to the topic instead of sitting back and saying it's easy. Bell end.