PDA

View Full Version : Long Kiss Goodbye

ghjvcucjb
10-25-16, 11:09 AM
Last night, some time after midnight, my alarm informed me it was time to collect an adventure so I could move forward in the current event, that I had fallen behind in and was stressing out about. So here I was, in the dark, sleepy eyed. The next step was to collect from 2 level 4 conservatories. I Realized after collecting I only had one. Frustrated and too tired to reset my clock, I reasoned in my cloudy exhaustion that I should upgrade the other one just in case in the future I needed two again. Since I'm usually maxed on all items in my kingdom, for years, leveling up four levels would be an easy thing. But of course it wasn't, as I quickly hit the upgrade button, suddenly the screen froze and I saw 180 gems proofed away. I just stared at the screen. All my years of working and saving/slaving for gems and 180 lost to a stupid conservatory that would go back into storage after I collected was painful. As I laid down on the couch, to upset to crawl back into bed, it dawned on me that having to set alarms to lose sleep just to collect items for this game. Stressing to finish events. Feeling bitter because I seldom finish anymore. Slaving for every gem earned and feeling stressed and robbed when you accidentally hit the wrong button, knowing support won't help. This isn't fun any more. This is no longer a game to pass time away.

So after a sleepless night upset at this "game", I realize it's time to let it go. I've been playing pretty close to when it came out of beta testing. There hasn't been a day that's gone by in all those years that I haven't logged on and played (except during surgeries, then my children managed my kingdom). And it's going to be strange not to check in every day but like I said above, when you have to set alarm clocks and lose sleep to play, it's no longer a game. It's a job or a chore or a child.

So, thank you fellow forum posters and moderators for years of fun and support. You guys are fantastic! May you continue to find fun and joy in your kingdom and may you finally find out who the true heir to the realm is. Aloha!

[S8] Elsa
10-25-16, 11:19 AM
Sorry to see you go! If you decide to play again, your game progress is saved to our servers.

If you need help with your account, please email support@storm8.com and message me the ticket number.