PDA

View Full Version : Solved Game issues after completing Halloween Goals

MTomJ23
10-24-16, 12:55 AM
The game is always rstarting wihtout doing something
This problem occurs since I completed the Halloween goals. Now I am trying to get the graveyard, and the game stuck or restarts from alone

Rynetory2
10-24-16, 04:19 AM
I dont quite understand what you meant by game restarting. Are you saying the game refreshes? You may want to disconnect your device's connection and restart your device and try again.

MTomJ23
10-24-16, 04:42 AM
Sorry if I didnt quite mention it clearly
After a few seconds (about 10-15) playing, the game restarts with the statup screen, saying loading, when 100% reached I can use the game again, but 10 seconds later it happens again. and so on, like an endless loop

within this time, which is really short, everthing works fine, I can fulfill orders, build houses etc.

Restart of the app or device doesn't help

Samsung S6

MTomJ23
10-24-16, 04:54 AM
I watch the clock, sorry it lasts 25 seconds, then restart, what I see also is that 1 second before restart all streets are not shown any longer, and many building disappeared, only the factories and the city hall is shown

after restart all object are viewed again

Rynetory2
10-24-16, 05:03 AM
My bad, sorry I didn't know the game restarts on its own, first time I'm hearing this. Do you think you can try to delete the app and reinstall it again? That may help to clear whatever is bugging it. Sorry about that.

dingdingmylove
10-24-16, 05:34 AM
I have the same problem. And I reinstall it but the issue is not solved.

jc522
10-24-16, 05:42 AM
Every since I finished the task my game keeps crashing��

Rynetory2
10-24-16, 06:48 AM
Every since I finished the task my game keeps crashing��

Are you having game issues after completing the Halloween Event or Halloween Goals? Can you try reinstalling and see if it helps?

Rynetory2
10-24-16, 06:50 AM
I have the same problem. And I reinstall it but the issue is not solved.

Oh dear, sorry to hear that reinstalling didn't help. Let me check with the team and see what suggestions they have. Which game version are you playing on?

jc522
10-24-16, 07:08 AM
I did and it did not work. Every time try to place the graveyard it kicks me out and reloads and graveyard is not placed

I am having the same issue. Reinstalling the app did not work

Rynetory2
10-24-16, 07:26 AM
I did and it did not work. Every time try to place the graveyard it kicks me out and reloads and graveyard is not placed

Which game version are you playing on? I've reported earlier. Will post when I've more news, please hold on in the meantime. Sorry about this.

P.S. Will move your bug posts to Game issues after completing Halloween Goals (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95046-Game-issues-after-completing-Halloween-Goals) later.

jc522
10-24-16, 07:40 AM
1.2.2 Apple iPad

Rynetory2
10-24-16, 07:41 AM
Thanks.

LadyJessicaAtreides
10-24-16, 07:45 AM
like everyone here says, it happens when it tells me to build the graveyard

rita6834
10-24-16, 09:43 AM
I tried reinstalling the game but that didn't help. It won't let me do anything in the game without restarting.

DMVdoll
10-24-16, 12:46 PM
I've been having the same issue

Andriod 6.0.1

LinnyLuna
10-24-16, 12:51 PM
Here the same problem after completing the Halloween Goals

iPhone 6S iOS 10.1

rita6834
10-24-16, 01:44 PM
This is happening to me as well, can't play at all without game restarting on its own. Uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted my phone. I'm using an android Samsung Galaxy J3 game version 4.3. Hope this gets fixed soon because I'm not completely finished with the Halloween goal. Can't get passed placing the graveyard.

val2696
10-24-16, 02:37 PM
I'm trying to place the graveyard and every time I do the game restarts. Is this a known issue? I'm playing on an Android Samsung Galaxy j3

mine is doing the constant restarts as well after placing the graveyard. playing on iphone.

val2696
10-24-16, 02:39 PM
This is also happening to my game. Started as soon as I placed the graveyard reward. Playing the latest version on an iPhone 7

val2696
10-24-16, 02:41 PM
The game works fine and stays open without restarting as long as I keep the graveyard in storage, so for people who need a temporary fix to finish goals- keep the graveyard in storage.

ok- I lied. The game still restarts while the graveyard is in storage, just not as quickly as it does while in place.

rita6834
10-24-16, 03:28 PM
The game works fine and stays open without restarting as long as I keep the graveyard in storage, so for people who need a temporary fix to finish goals- keep the graveyard in storage.

ok- I lied. The game still restarts while the graveyard is in storage, just not as quickly as it does while in place.

I've tried everything and nothing is working...

berkelym1
10-24-16, 04:38 PM
So glad to see it isn't just me! Okay team lava quick fix please we have Halloween goals to finish!

lisabandit2
10-24-16, 04:38 PM
Same here. Graveyard seems to be the bug...unless they are working on opening expansions?? One can hope right? I also uninstalled, reinstalled & waited a couple of hours, but it still crashes with the graveyard in or out of storage

berkelym1
10-24-16, 04:43 PM
Now I am really annoyed, it just restarted after I finished an order board but before I could pop my baloons! Of course they were gone when it reloaded. 😠

SweePea77
10-24-16, 04:58 PM
I have the same problem. Impossible to play now after completing the Halloween quests, the game repeatedly crashes and reloads.....please help!

DMVdoll
10-24-16, 05:02 PM
Now I am really annoyed, it just restarted after I finished an order board but before I could pop my baloons! Of course they were gone when it reloaded. 😠

OMG!!!!! Me too :( I was hoping it wouldn't restart before I could pop them 😠 ...all that work down the drain. This is beyond frustrating and im not playing anymore until bug is fixed. Luckily I have several other Storm 8 games to occupy my time.

Rynetory2
10-24-16, 06:09 PM
I'm trying to place the graveyard and every time I do the game restarts. Is this a known issue? I'm playing on an Android Samsung Galaxy j3

mine is doing the constant restarts as well after placing the graveyard. playing on iphone.

Sorry guys, seems like some of you are affected. The team is looking into this for us. Thanks for your bugs reports in Game issues after completing Halloween Goals (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95046-Game-issues-after-completing-Halloween-Goals). Will post there when I have more information. Thank you.

Rynetory2
10-24-16, 06:14 PM
Hey everyone, sorry that you are having this issue... :( The team is looking into a fix for us. I've also highlighted that you arent able to complete your last goal nor play. Please wait a bit while they investigate. Appreciate your patience. :) Will post here when I've more updates. Thank you.

sgr1953
10-24-16, 06:37 PM
I'm having the same issue after finishing the Halloween goals. I click on the grave yard in my storage and it tries to get placed and suddenly all of my buildings disappear and the game restarts. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the same thing happens.

JadeFairy2383
10-24-16, 07:19 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one cuz I am about ready to throw my phone. I worked hard to complete the goals and now I can't play my game!

crazybaconBob
10-24-16, 07:58 PM
Hello, Just to let you know, I'm having the same issue. Started when I completed the goals to get graveyard, now the game restarts. Just like the other posters have mentioned. I'm using Samsung Galaxy S7, Android Marshmallow is completly up to date, Game version 1.2.3
I have unistalled, rebooted phone, reinstalled and game restarts on it's own.

bagelprincess777
10-24-16, 08:06 PM
I am having this issue as well. Started right after I mastered the 4th Halloween building and finished that goal. It is pretty much impossible to play. It cut out as I was trying to get my boardwalk balloons as well. I can't tell if the tickets added or not.

CoachSuze
10-24-16, 10:06 PM
Same problem... can't do anything anymore!! It doesn't seem to be tied to one thing... every time it restarts, I can do one or two things and then it freezes... everything disappears & the games restarts! Money(coins) disappear... this is frustrating beyond belief! I've even deleted and reloaded the game. Nothing helps. Started on mine, it seems, right after my last Halloween building. I was just about to have everything ready to finally do my next level upgrade, which was hard enough due to having no more expansion land available. Uggghhhhhh!!!!

JadeFairy2383
10-24-16, 10:52 PM
Okay the game just now at around 1:50 a.m. EST straightened out and has quit glitching and crashing and resetting. I was able to put my graveyard out and it didn't glitch

LadyJessicaAtreides
10-24-16, 11:34 PM
Okay the game just now at around 1:50 a.m. EST straightened out and has quit glitching and crashing and resetting. I was able to put my graveyard out and it didn't glitch

lucky you, as its still the same for me, crashing every 15 seconds or so. we have 9 days to finish and get the warehouse and i still need just a little bit more candy corns to get it! hopefully this will be repaired by then.

trulyours
10-25-16, 12:10 AM
the game is crashing every 15-30secs after i place the gothic mansion. why i can't the put the mansion back into storage?
please fix the glitch. it is impossible to play with the game restarting so frequently.

10-25-16, 03:54 AM
I don't know why when I finished this event the game always restarts by itself every 30seconds.

rita6834
10-25-16, 04:10 AM

Mine is still crashing as well

Tbee246
10-25-16, 04:11 AM
I am having the same issue also. Works for a few seconds and the refreshes.

msnorbert
10-25-16, 05:03 AM
The game is glitching for me, too. Same thing, finished the Halloween buildings and now can't play. A new goal came up up to build a graveyard, but I can't keep the game open long enough to move things to make room for it.

judyplease
10-25-16, 06:20 AM
Ditto. Can't play. Loads, opens, is active for a few seconds, crashes. Uninstall and reinstall no help. Reporting to reflect not isolated to only a few players. (Started crashing once completed last Halloween business.)

CoachSuze
10-25-16, 06:32 AM
Checking in, I was really hoping to hear some news from the powers that be..... by now!! Uggghhhh
PS: I did get the graveyard out after about half a dozen trys & reboots... but the game continued glitching after.
I really hope S8 makes up for the glitch somehow. I don't want to loose boardwalk balloons, I've already noticed coins missing btw crashes and reloads... and I need this time to gather candy corn as I missed a few days at the beginning!

happyhoppa
10-25-16, 07:05 AM
Same here ...game v1.2.3 Android on Samsung tablet. I've deleted data, cleared cache & reinstalled, all to no effect. This started just after I'd completed the 5*Tombstone goal. Game reverts to loading 32% every few seconds.

lemmiwinks724
10-25-16, 07:46 AM
I'm the latest victim of this bug. :( tried everything, reinstall etc. Started once the graveyard was available to me.

posokhova
10-25-16, 07:47 AM
Same here... Really hoping for some answers...

rucapiren2
10-25-16, 07:57 AM
Same here... Really hoping for some answers...

I have the same problem described in this thread. Using IOS.
I had no trouble installing graveyard but afterwards it dissappeard (back to storage) and I can no longer play. :(

dragdav
10-25-16, 08:30 AM
I have the same problem and unable to place graveyard I am playing on android dream city 1.2.3

DMVdoll
10-25-16, 09:05 AM
I was hoping there would be an update *sigh*

It's restarting every 30 sec exactly...then the loading screen always reverts to "33%"

On the brightside...I've become efficient at filling orders in less than 30 seconds lol

sminus
10-25-16, 09:42 AM
The game keeps refreshing after I finished my grave yard goal. Force close, reinstalling the game isn't helping. I completed my boardwalk orders but game crashed twice and I Missed out the ballon selection and lost my today's landmark tickets.

Stinkebollo
10-25-16, 10:04 AM
Same here :mad:

rita6834
10-25-16, 10:34 AM
Checking in, I was really hoping to hear some news from the powers that be..... by now!! Uggghhhh
PS: I did get the graveyard out after about half a dozen trys & reboots... but the game continued glitching after.
I really hope S8 makes up for the glitch somehow. I don't want to loose boardwalk balloons, I've already noticed coins missing btw crashes and reloads... and I need this time to gather candy corn as I missed a few days at the beginning!

Same here, I'm hoping they add more time to the goals..

GCarlsonAZ
10-25-16, 11:31 AM
Same problem with the game resetting every 25 seconds after completing the Halloween goals. Found the graveyard and placed it but it goes back to storage when the game resets. Restarted and reinstalled the game but still have the issue. Running iOS 10.02 on iPad Air2.

crazybaconBob
10-25-16, 12:02 PM
Still crashing and restarting today. Hope they fix soon, can't play at all.

nonzorr
10-25-16, 12:32 PM
Problems started for me when I received the graveyard.
I finally managed to place the graveyard on my game board, but it went back to storage after reset.
Then I placed the graveyard and immediately forced quit game.
After restarting the graveyard was still there, and no more resets ��

MTomJ23
10-25-16, 12:51 PM
Problems started for me when I received the graveyard.
I finally managed to place the graveyard on my game board, but it went back to storage after reset.
Then I placed the graveyard and immediately forced quit game.
After restarting the graveyard was still there, and no more resets ��

It seems that this workaroung works for me too, no more resets since a few minutes, hopefully this works longer too
@nonzorr: thank you for this tip.

nonzorr
10-25-16, 12:55 PM
It seems that this workaroung works for me too, no more resets since a few minutes, hopefully this works longer too

For me it's been working ever since :D
Happy to help!

LinnyLuna
10-25-16, 01:41 PM
My game is running again!!
After starting the game I immediately closed the game, and let the game play on the background for 20 minutes while I am using another app and doing other things....

After 20 minutes I opened the game from the background and it's been working ever since👍👍

jc522
10-25-16, 01:44 PM
Worked for me too thanks

crazybaconBob
10-25-16, 05:22 PM

The workaround is working for me too. Now that I've lost almost a day of game play, I hope S8 will compensate a bit.

rita6834
10-25-16, 06:38 PM
I didn't do anything different just logged on played as normal and no more restarts. Maybe they fixed it...

Rynetory2
10-25-16, 08:30 PM
Can you guys try restarting your game and see if it helps?

hoffm1179
10-26-16, 03:42 AM
Mine seems to actually be running better now than it did before it started this crashing issue. Now, are they going to give us some time added to the Candy Corn collecting to compensate for these server issues? That's the real question!

Rynetory2
10-26-16, 07:23 PM
This has been fixed. :D Please post if you're still having issues. Thanks.

hoffm1179
10-27-16, 02:46 AM
Any word on getting some time added to the current challenge?

Skiriki
10-29-16, 11:25 PM
Unfortunately, I am the latest victim of this bug. And yes, it started after I added both graveyard and the pumpkin patch (I failed to notice that they had gone to market inventory and then added them together when I found them).

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.1
Game version: 1.2.3.

The game stalls for a long while and then, if I am lucky, it continues again. Other times it either jams for good or gives me the notification that it is an online game, do you want to retry and then cycles me back to loading screen.

I have cleared the cache, data and uninstalled/reinstalled the game twice.

Any idea what else I should try?

Skiriki
10-29-16, 11:37 PM
Oh and I have also moved the graveyard and pumpkin patch back to the inventory and done actual quitting etc.

Rynetory2
10-30-16, 12:37 AM
Oh and I have also moved the graveyard and pumpkin patch back to the inventory and done actual quitting etc.

Some members from certain parts of Europe are having connection issue. Could it be you're affected as well? Can you try another network/ISP and see if your game runs better?
See http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95138-Games-down-in-Europe for more inforrmation.

Skiriki
10-30-16, 04:53 AM
Some members from certain parts of Europe are having connection issue. Could it be you're affected as well? Can you try another network/ISP and see if your game runs better?
See http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95138-Games-down-in-Europe for more inforrmation.

Sadly, that is not an option for me, BUT, after I posted and tried one more time that remove-graveyard-quit-put-graveyard-back-in-quit thing, I haven't had the stalling again. A bit like you call tech support, they show up and the computer works again before they do anything. I suspect it might be something like the task timer not removed properly the first time built or so.

Rynetory2
10-30-16, 07:56 AM
Haha your illustration is so funny and yet so true! I'd seen it happened. Glad your game is fine now. :)

LauraV1
11-02-16, 05:05 AM
I completed both bridges and completed the candy corn. Every time I build the Old Coffin Warehouse (either through the agenda book or directly from storage), my game either freezes or totally reboots and then the coffin warehouse is back in my storage. This issue is not fixed.

LauraV1
11-02-16, 05:19 AM
I completed both bridges and completed the candy corn. Every time I build the Old Coffin Warehouse (either through the agenda book or directly from storage), my game either freezes or totally reboots and then the coffin warehouse is back in my storage. This issue is not fixed.

I don't know if this makes a difference to the program bug, but I was trying to build it on the other side of the blue bridge when I had those issues. When I built it in an area not on the other side of the two new bridges, it built just fine.

I just tried building a landmark across the blue bridge and it froze and rebooted the game and the landmark was gone. It definitely is an issue with building on the other side of the blue bridge.

Rynetory2
11-02-16, 07:27 AM
I don't know if this makes a difference to the program bug, but I was trying to build it on the other side of the blue bridge when I had those issues. When I built it in an area not on the other side of the two new bridges, it built just fine.

I just tried building a landmark across the blue bridge and it froze and rebooted the game and the landmark was gone. It definitely is an issue with building on the other side of the blue bridge.

Yes you should be affected by building on the new land since your building works fine on the old land. See http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95202-Bridges-completed-but-can-t-build-on-new-land for more information.

Rynetory2
11-04-16, 06:47 AM
I completed the Halloween goals & placed all my buildings without any serious issues.... the game randomly kicks me out, but think that's tied into the drop-down windows that repeatedly tell you the same thing about: city worker built..., big city worker built... great big city worker built... etc, etc, etc. Extremely annoying as THAT is, my issue is that now all of a sudden I can't get into the game at all, it hangs at 29% and won't progress any further. I've shut my ipad completely off several times & tried restarting the game, but the exact same thing keeps happening. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Please see my reply to game stuck in this thread. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95315-My-game-stops-loading-at-29&p=1364888&viewfull=1#post1364888

Edit to add: Closing thread since event is over.