PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Crystals

laurelsail
10-23-16, 09:24 AM
Do you only receive Corrupt Crystals during tournaments? Thanks!

lindseyny
10-23-16, 04:16 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I've only encountered corrupt dragons during the tournaments so far.

ievuxia
10-23-16, 04:37 PM
Well, from my experience so far, you can only get corrupt crystals from tournaments. But I don't know if we won't get them later on, of course. We'll see I guess..

I'm wondering if we won't get enough corrupt crystals if we don't finish some tournaments. Will it only be possible to get the exact number of the crystals needed to craft the Dark One? Or will we be available to get more of the crystals? I don't know if I should try my best to finish ALL the tournaments now even if I don't like the dragons from them. Could some mod get the info please? It would be much appreciated!

Exeroth
10-23-16, 05:41 PM
The corrupt crystals only ever drop from 'corrupted' dragons that you fight in tournaments, so yes they are tournament exclusive.

FireballFarm
10-24-16, 12:27 AM
I get the feeling we'll have to win them all from tournaments, and it's very likely that if you miss collecting/winning any, you'll have to purchase them. They will probably only offer the exact number of crystals needed to craft the Dark One, and not a single one more. Remember, this is S8 we are dealing with- they will want money, somehow, some way, and that is the simplest, most obvious way to monetize this.
If this is accurate, it seems be a fair deal, imo. :)

Splashy81
10-25-16, 11:50 AM
I get the feeling we'll have to win them all from tournaments, and it's very likely that if you miss collecting/winning any, you'll have to purchase them. They will probably only offer the exact number of crystals needed to craft the Dark One, and not a single one more. Remember, this is S8 we are dealing with- they will want money, somehow, some way, and that is the simplest, most obvious way to monetize this.
If this is accurate, it seems be a fair deal, imo. :)

My thoughts exactly. Don't forget too that when The Dark One is about to expire, we'll get a sale on the cost of the remaining crystals! From 100 gold down to 50 gold per crystal! What a steal!! It would be nice if we could get an official word from a mod. Hmm....

kooky panda
10-26-16, 10:56 AM
Do you only receive Corrupt Crystals during tournaments? Thanks!

I did ask about this and during A Light in the Dark Stage Event, you will earn Corrupt Crystals through the Mega Tournament.
Future Tournaments will yield Corrupt Crystals. http://forums.storm8.com/images/smilies/smile.png

jamiendnino
11-27-16, 07:34 PM
Yes, but will it be possible to still earn enough if we don't finish every single tournament? Do you know if or how many more than the 36 required will be available?

DR0G0N
11-28-16, 09:01 PM
Yes, but will it be possible to still earn enough if we don't finish every single tournament? Do you know if or how many more than the 36 required will be available?

Good luck getting an answer for that. I've been asking the very same thing since day 1. And that is multiple of times.

zaaracake
11-29-16, 02:20 AM
Does anyone know how long we have to craft this guy? I just learned of his existence (I'm thawing after aeons of very minimal and hands off play) so obviously I've missed the "mega" tourno thing Kooky was talking about...
This dragon is so cool...looks very Minas Morgul inspired-y.
Honestly, Flatfoot sure has amped up this game's dragons and in the last three days I've been haunting the dragon forum threads I HAVE noticed a lot of love and appreciation for the work s/he (I'm sorry Flat I dunno) does. It's sad that I'm only noticing these seismic changes now but you know what they say about better late...

starship412
11-30-16, 02:18 PM
I'm wondering if we can get Corrupt Stalwart any time soon. I hate battling against him in tourneys but would love to have him on my island. Or maybe they'll have The Dark One be able to corrupt other dragons or have corrupt dragons as tournament prizes - that would be so cool.

amalsaba
12-14-16, 03:50 AM
So I've just got the first corrupt crystal from the current tournament and in total I have 25/35 crystals. I can earn 4 more from this tournament. I have not collected every single corrupt crystal from past tournaments, I might have missed a few but not sure how many. I'm wondering if anyone has collected all of the crystals that were possible to collect so far and if they would be able to craft it after this tournament????
Another question that has been asked repeatedly in past: is there going to be more chances to collect corrut crystals if you have missed any in the past??????? Please please please game mods answer my question !!!!

rado_nik
12-14-16, 03:55 AM
So I've just got the first corrupt crystal from the current tournament and in total I have 25/35 crystals. I can earn 4 more from this tournament. I have not collected every single corrupt crystal from past tournaments, I might have missed a few but not sure how many. I'm wondering if anyone has collected all of the crystals that were possible to collect so far and if they would be able to craft it after this tournament????
Another question that has been asked repeatedly in past: is there going to be more chances to collect corrut crystals if you have missed any in the past??????? Please please please game mods answer my question !!!!

I also get first corrupt crystal from this tournament and have 31/35. If I collect all crystals from this tournament, will craft The Dark One Dragon

katali119
12-14-16, 04:38 AM
Where else did you get the crystals from?

rado_nik
12-14-16, 05:51 AM
Where else did you get the crystals from?

In tournaments when win battle against one of corrupt dragons will receive one corrupt crystal. When collect 35 corrupt crystal you can craft The Dark One Dragon in Spell Shop

amerirish
12-14-16, 07:41 AM
34945 34946
Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type: Dark Champion Black Red
Habitat: , Champion Ruins, Black Sands, Red Rocks
Available at: Level 50
Buying Price: 3,500 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 50 hours
Exp Gained: 3,000 Exp
Crafting Requirement: 35 Corrupt Crystals

katali119
12-14-16, 08:54 AM
In tournaments when win battle against one of corrupt dragons will receive one corrupt crystal. When collect 35 corrupt crystal you can craft The Dark One Dragon in Spell Shop
Thankyou, I had misread the posts slightly :)

FireballFarm
12-14-16, 10:33 AM
Anyone hatched and evolved this guy yet? I'm sure someone out there couldn't take the suspense any longer and bought the last few crystals (or golded their way through the tourney). :)
What I am wondering is if the Dark One is big, like the Sky Giant. I hope so.

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
12-14-16, 11:56 AM
I also get first corrupt crystal from this tournament and have 31/35. If I collect all crystals from this tournament, will craft The Dark One Dragon

+1 Here

amerirish
12-14-16, 12:09 PM
I currently have 33 crystals; so excited to craft The Dark One :D

retseho
12-14-16, 07:25 PM
34945 34946
Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type: Dark Champion Black Red
Habitat: , Champion Ruins, Black Sands, Red Rocks
Available at: Level 50
Buying Price: 3,500 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 50 hours
Exp Gained: 3,000 Exp
Crafting Requirement: 35 Corrupt Crystals

50 hours incubation!
This is the current record for longest
incubation time.
Evolution is probably 50 hours?
Will probably set another record for apples needed to reach level 15.

amalsaba
12-14-16, 09:20 PM
50 hours incubation!
This is the current record for longest
incubation time.
Evolution is probably 50 hours?
Will probably set another record for apples needed to reach level 15.

Lol that's probably true. Although I wish we would get a surprise that this guy does not eat apples.... he eats coins for a change!!!
Aaaaaah just an idea....

random59
12-15-16, 02:15 PM
Anyone hatched and evolved this guy yet? I'm sure someone out there couldn't take the suspense any longer and bought the last few crystals (or golded their way through the tourney). :)
What I am wondering is if the Dark One is big, like the Sky Giant. I hope so.

Nope, but I have started crafting him, all I can say is it better kick butt in the arena or I will be seriously ANNOYED after all we had to go through to get it (really don't mean annoyed but something a tad stronger).

JMThrive
12-15-16, 03:11 PM
I just started crafting mine today, will be done tomorrow. Will post updates.

pernmagic
12-15-16, 03:16 PM
The dark one has started crafting ....... Hope he has been worth everything but I have him :)
Corrupt stalwart < Valiant mmb

PineapplePigeon
12-15-16, 03:25 PM
Any idea how long hes available?

amerirish
12-16-16, 07:37 AM
Just started crafting mine last night. Crafting only takes 1 day (24 hours) but hatching/evolving takes the full 50 hours which will come in handy during a LB event :)

belarica
12-16-16, 08:13 AM
Just started crafting mine last night. Crafting only takes 1 day (24 hours) but hatching/evolving takes the full 50 hours which will come in handy during a LB event :)

Holy cow!! 50 hours, that's insane

marathon2615
12-16-16, 12:48 PM
Any word yet on whether or not Corrupt crystals will still be available after this last tournament? I'm short by 1. Yes one stupid crystal.

Kriscake21
12-16-16, 02:00 PM
I just completed the tournament and I am just shy 2 corrupt crystals, because I couldn't complete a flash tournament, one weekend in October. So I am hoping we will have another tournament to get some more

9krm
12-16-16, 02:17 PM
I hope so too. I think I'm short 2 or 3. :(

random59
12-16-16, 02:17 PM
Any word yet on whether or not Corrupt crystals will still be available after this last tournament? I'm short by 1. Yes one stupid crystal.

I would think so, I have crafted mine and it's on the nest but when I go in the spell shop I see I have 0 crystals and it appears I need 35 more to craft another.

marathon2615
12-17-16, 02:10 PM
So I see that I could buy my last Corrupt crystal for 100 gold at the spell shop. Or wait and pray we get a chance at more. I'm trying to be patient but thag is more than tempting.

missourijan
12-17-16, 04:45 PM
I have played every tournament diligent to get all the crystals. I have so many sync errors. No only have 29 crystals. How can this be when others have enough to craft theirs??

ani_ananth
12-17-16, 09:41 PM
My thoughts exactly. Don't forget too that when The Dark One is about to expire, we'll get a sale on the cost of the remaining crystals! From 100 gold down to 50 gold per crystal! What a steal!! It would be nice if we could get an official word from a mod. Hmm....

I have already crafted the Dark One. He's awesome. But incubation time is 50 hrs. Which is really bad as I'm concentrating on BINGO event too...

Splashy81
12-18-16, 01:48 PM

I would think so, I have crafted mine and it's on the nest but when I go in the spell shop I see I have 0 crystals and it appears I need 35 more to craft another.

I am short one crystal myself and I'm hoping The Dark One will be around for at least a little while longer. I'm thinking he should be around for a bit due to the fact that he doesn't list as "expiring soon/x days left." It remains to be seen if we will have any more corrupt dragons to fight in future tournaments in order to get more crystals though... I can't imagine Storm8 would let it go on so long that others would be able to acquire so many crystals as to easily craft a second Dark One though. Really wish we could get an official answer!!

Bastiaan0
12-18-16, 02:03 PM
I have played every tournament diligent to get all the crystals. I have so many sync errors. No only have 29 crystals. How can this be when others have enough to craft theirs??
If you got every possible dark crystal since the Dark Prime Chrono tournament, you should have exactly 35. If not, you might want to contact support.

I have already crafted the Dark One. He's awesome. But incubation time is 50 hrs. Which is really bad as I'm concentrating on BINGO event too...
Yup, 50 hours. Might be an idea to wait with evolving till there is an event or fleaderboard coming, could give a good head start when planned right... ;)

I now have 1 dark crystal on my second account, I was able to compete in tournaments only since today. Very curious if we'll be getting more of these crystals or not.

Florr06
12-19-16, 03:32 AM
I believe I am 4 short (gosh darn Corrupt Stalwart). Hope we get 1 or 2 more tournaments to collect the crystals. I won't spend 400gold even though he is awesome.

SerenityRen20
12-31-16, 10:06 AM
There have been some extra tournaments available with chances for the dark one- players that hadn't missed one crystal in the past were able to start him around Christmas. I believe that was 2-3 tournaments ago.

I had missed some due because sometimes I just couldn't win, but the current tournament gave me enough to finally get him & he's currently hogging a nest right now. I have noticed an extra dark crystal was won and he's still in the spell shop as an option.

I'm just a normal player, but at a guess we might get more tournaments with dark crystals & they'll probably stop before players can earn enough for 2 dark ones.

leo2010leo
01-02-17, 03:05 AM
The Dark One can still be crafted, but he has dissapeared from the shop. Does it mean he is leaving today or tomorrow? :(

pernmagic
01-02-17, 04:48 AM
A bit off topic but has anyone tried using the dark one in the arena yet .....Mine is sitting at epic and not sure if to feed him up higher as I have beaten him when he has been an opponent with RS or valiant ?

Clark_Wayne
01-07-17, 07:17 AM
crafted the dark one last month, so is it another use for the dark crystals in the future ?

JustKay
01-07-17, 12:32 PM
crafted the dark one last month, so is it another use for the dark crystals in the future ?

You're not going to craft another one?

Clark_Wayne
01-07-17, 04:01 PM

well i could :D but it is not trade-able

MajicHearts
01-08-17, 08:29 AM

Most of us (older) players don't have room for more than one. But, good luck to all whohave room for more than one!

marathon2615
01-08-17, 09:23 AM
A bit off topic but has anyone tried using the dark one in the arena yet .....Mine is sitting at epic and not sure if to feed him up higher as I have beaten him when he has been an opponent with RS or valiant ?
I've put him thru almost 25 battles since raising to level 14. Now remember these aren't tournament battles just regular old battles. But only one loss to a black red hybrid. That's my experience so far for what it's worth. The real test will be the tournaments.

FireballFarm
01-08-17, 03:43 PM
I would like to know this, too.
My Dark One was already crafted, so I skipped the last tourney...but, I wouldn't skip the occasional tourney if there will be something else down the road we can craft with the crystals.

utili68
01-11-17, 02:07 AM
I miss the corrupt dragons in the new tournament.... I need just 2 more to craft The Dark One. How to get the last 2 corrupt crystals ?

Clark_Wayne
01-11-17, 04:05 PM
I miss the corrupt dragons in the new tournament.... I need just 2 more to craft The Dark One. How to get the last 2 corrupt crystals ?

there is no corrupt dragon in the current tourney so you will have to wait the next one to see if there are some.
or you can spend golds to buy the missing crystals (100 golds per crystal)
i understand you : my baby account need only 1 corrupt crystal for the dark one :eek:

JustKay
01-13-17, 02:04 PM
The Dark One just went Limited! He's leaving the craft shop, so I guess there will be no more corrupt pieces to win in future tourneys. Does anyone know how much longer we have to craft him? I need my craft shop available for the Dragon Tales.

katali119
01-13-17, 02:10 PM
:O Oh my gosh that would be an expensive purchase, I only have 17 crystals. Argh.

missourijan
01-13-17, 05:27 PM
I must say I am very unimpressed with my dark one. He is beautiful but for what we went through to get him and being dark and a champion you would expect him to be badass!!! Well I have put him in the arena a couple times and he gets beat.

Clark_Wayne
01-14-17, 09:18 AM
The Dark One just went Limited! He's leaving the craft shop, so I guess there will be no more corrupt pieces to win in future tourneys. Does anyone know how much longer we have to craft him? I need my craft shop available for the Dragon Tales.

thanks for the info ! :)
funny there was no announcement :eek:

well i think that my baby account will have to spend 100 golds to get the last corrupt crystal :( well still cheaper than buying the dark one (btw i don't see the dark one in the market )
i guess the dark one will disappear from craft shop at the same moment than the mining dragon, so must be tuesday

mityaj
01-20-17, 12:16 AM
hope they bring it back - its gone from crafting(((((

hungryres
01-20-17, 12:36 AM
will they introduce more corrupt dragons in the future?

LadiGemii
01-22-17, 07:30 PM
Please don't tell me this forum was the only place that any notification was posted about the Corrupt Crystals Dragon. If so I'm VERY UPSET and extremely disappointed in the Storm8 game Management.
Seriously, just went to see how many more crystals I needed and he was gone. I never saw any kind of notice. This is just NOT ACCEPTABLE. Yes this game is free, However, I am a paying customer when I purchase gold. I feel that Storm8 needs to bring him back so that those of us who have invested time and gold into playing battles & tournaments have a Chance to complete him. I think I only had a few more to go. But battles were few and far between. I say again this is Unacceptable and Irresponsible of Storm8 as a game owner.

RocioBM
01-22-17, 08:01 PM
Well said, we deserve this dragon back to craft him. Please S8 make this possible.