PDA

View Full Version : A Leaderboard, Bingo, a tournament AND a Community Event?!

saghaven
10-21-16, 10:39 AM
Really? I know TL is trying to keep players engaged but there is such a thing as too much.

lnztrekfan
10-21-16, 10:42 AM
Lol! I just opened my game and was like what?! I guess you just have to pick which you would prefer. As I'm not excited about any of the dragons I'm feeling like I can kick back and chill and not be stressed with it all.

D_Raho
10-21-16, 10:46 AM
Yep, time to tune out and relax. I bet some people will just not even bother playing this weekend. They are creating the exact opposite feelings that they are going for and pushing out even more of their paying customers. I guess the few that will ​be paying is enough for them.

ksbmommy
10-21-16, 10:53 AM
Ok, so world event and leaderboard activities overlap. Check, I can do both with little effort.

I want to check out my new dragons during a tournament. Check, I'll play leisurely and see how far I get.

Bingo - I give up, it seems like it will take forever to get tickets. Too many tasks that I can't even do, taking up too much time. I'm out on that.

Although, this really is too much at once, way too much. What next, a DT on Tuesday?!?!?

Eluzyion
10-21-16, 10:54 AM
I play FFS and DS and with both doing leaderboard, world event (Ffs I think will be storybook not WE) tournaments it's over****.. I'll definately have to pick and choose.. Whew! At least it gives everyone a chance at something :) and leaderboards will probably go crazy as world event milestones are trying to be accomplished.. Could get interesting

belarica
10-21-16, 11:05 AM
I'm not thrilled with so many events going on at once. I don't have any of the dragons from the world event, even though they're all rereleases, so will be focusing on that. Now my farms will be out of commission along with breeding dens and nests for the leaderboard. That leaves basically nothing for bingo. Oh well, good luck to those choosing bingo over the other two events :)

Dragosle
10-21-16, 11:10 AM
And with this new World Event, it has been proved that S8 is trying to get as many events out as possible to stress out players while being super lazy to create new contents for them.

Seriously, ALL the prices in this world event are old dragons and decoration from the past. Since when (and why) did our favorite world event become a secondary catch-up event? And I bet the point required for the last dragon will be ridiculously high with the time limit reduce to know only 7 days (and I bet there'll be no double-point time either)

STOP destroying the one event that everybody love S8! :mad:

starship412
10-21-16, 11:13 AM
And a Flash Tournament

knowitnot
10-21-16, 11:16 AM
This is exactly why I just quit Farm Story. With so many things going on, it's hard to decide which to concentrate on. Dream City is getting to be the same way. Maybe it's just time for me to step away from S8 games for a while. This isn't even any fun any more.

Exeroth
10-21-16, 11:35 AM
This world event is very dissapointing. Now I for one, while I do have all the prize dragons (except the second last,) don't usually mind catch up events like this. My problem is that most if not all of these dragons were breedable at one point. I speed breeded like mad for them, and now they're just given to me?! Quite frustrating. I'm okay with the flash tournament as I missed out on the Spirit Dragon, but as for the leaderboard...

This has to be the most excited I have ever been for a leaderboard. I adore the habitat, trophy, and the grand prize. I've already spent money and have more saved up just in case. The thing is, with the board's activities overlapping with the community event, things could go crazy in the last legs. I get that that was probably intentional, but out of all the horrible things S8, TL, whoever have done to us- this is really pushing it. Like, big time. I would have had a nervous breakdown over them releasing the last Tales a week early if I hadn't miraculously had JUST enough food ready. The only thing I have to be thankful for at this point is that this world event wasn't the next tales. Because that would have been a nightmare.
S8, please, PLEASE- calm down. Okay? People like me will keep shelling out money for awesome value packs and prize dragons. Really. But stuff like this puts too much pressure on us. If we want it badly enough we'll buy it. Limited dragons and value packa are great ways to coax out money, sure- but bomboarding your loyal players with calamity like this is just plain mean. ):

Betsy0923
10-21-16, 11:52 AM
I don't think anyone should be stressed out - a lot of CHOICES!! You don't have to do everything, just pick and choose. I have completed a couple of bingos and I'm all in for the tournament because we can get 3 more corrupt gem thingies. The rest I will just play as I go along. On the Leaderboard I usually get to the 2nd to last dragon. And a lot of the activities support multiple events. Good Luck with whatever you choose to play.

lnztrekfan
10-21-16, 12:00 PM
Just noticed we can pick up some corrupt crystals in the arena so I'll try my luck there as well!

DR0G0N
10-21-16, 12:04 PM
Well...if you think about it, you could **** two birds with one stone with the Leaderboard event and World event b/c they're practically done the same way. So if players decide to speed hatch or evolve their dragons, it'll count for both.

But anyways like others...I'm still recuperating from the last tale/world/tourney. Those were some brutal events, but the prizes were great. Just sayin, having a break in between events would be nice.

This time around I'm not really interested in the dragons for all three events except maybe the champion in the leaderboard (not really, but it's a champion). However, my group is not really moving...1st place is less than 1500 points atm. So...this would be rough to gain points from the spin to win to get far in the milestone. It's the first time I used boost and it's not very effective. At the pace we're going, it doesn't look good.

bravewarrior
10-21-16, 12:16 PM
My head is exploding! My mind has been blown! Love it!
I'm at work and my productivity has left the building. I want all these dragons and I can't wait to see what will be lurking in the mine!
I don't have Bingo, so a gold sale would come in handy right now.

Keep it coming S8. I'm am down!

dragonv15
10-21-16, 12:45 PM
And a new dragon crafting from mines is coming..

Personally im with those who see this positively. The World event is always what we want and now its like a bonus, you just play for the LB and you got even in the WE the points, and at the end you willhave at leadt 2 mikestone dragons and the comunity one for sure, without the minimum effort. Also the tournament doesnt need special work, and you can battle during a bingo task.. and finally get some corrupts..

Visually it is a little overloaded when you se all that game going on but at the end it is a matter of choice.

nyrrem
10-21-16, 01:58 PM
Way too much.

Ilsadrago
10-21-16, 01:59 PM
I'm with you dragonv15!! It seems to me that participating in 1 event benefits me for the other. Bonus!!! I don't have any of the dragons in either of these events, so I am excited!

kat8rose
10-21-16, 03:11 PM
No bingo for Android

Anaboe
10-21-16, 05:11 PM
I don't think anyone should be stressed out - a lot of CHOICES!! You don't have to do everything, just pick and choose.
Besides half of the Leaderboards, since november 2013 I NEVER missed out on ANY event... Without spending real money (exept once, to buy my first Diamond Dragon). To me, it IS stressfull, because I do NOT want to miss out on my first event.

And to make matters worse, I also play Castle Story, and there are also 2 events, and a main-story-line going on - while the third that just has ended, has kept me awake a whole night.

But now, I feel like I don't have a choice...

The Bingo in combination with the Community Event prefents me from optimizing my foodproduction, so I will be in trouble with the Tales next time... It's slowly ****ing me... I don't mind working hard. I mind staying up, and making it my work...

newzealander
10-21-16, 07:05 PM
Way too much.

Ditto. I can't play this game 24/7, and every time I log on there's something else starting - it's just too overwhelming.

littlemissemilymarie
10-22-16, 12:37 AM
Agree!

littlemissemilymarie
10-22-16, 12:39 AM
Really? I know TL is trying to keep players engaged but there is such a thing as too much.
Way too much! I'd rather come here and read the complaints than play the game. That's sad!

littlemissemilymarie
10-22-16, 12:44 AM
Yep, time to tune out and relax. I bet some people will just not even bother playing this weekend. They are creating the exact opposite feelings that they are going for and pushing out even more of their paying customers. I guess the few that will ​be paying is enough for them.

I loved this game and happily bought gold for what I wanted. Not EVER happening again. This is ridiculous. I usually speed through events, by spending gold. I could care less at this point. If they start a DT, I'm out for good. Say bye to my money, and the other 4 islands I spend money for (grandkids) Bingo is a joke.

bakerystoe
10-22-16, 01:23 AM
I know that you know! this game goes insanely!:((

jjblueyes
10-22-16, 04:00 PM
That's my feelings as well but I also don't like the dragons I ****ed myself in tournaments or events just given away. No dragons are special anymore really.
This world event is nothing for me because I have all the dragons. No point. getting over it fast.

Jen

This world event is very dissapointing. Now I for one, while I do have all the prize dragons (except the second last,) don't usually mind catch up events like this. My problem is that most if not all of these dragons were breedable at one point. I speed breeded like mad for them, and now they're just given to me?! Quite frustrating. I'm okay with the flash tournament as I missed out on the Spirit Dragon, but as for the leaderboard...

This has to be the most excited I have ever been for a leaderboard. I adore the habitat, trophy, and the grand prize. I've already spent money and have more saved up just in case. The thing is, with the board's activities overlapping with the community event, things could go crazy in the last legs. I get that that was probably intentional, but out of all the horrible things S8, TL, whoever have done to us- this is really pushing it. Like, big time. I would have had a nervous breakdown over them releasing the last Tales a week early if I hadn't miraculously had JUST enough food ready. The only thing I have to be thankful for at this point is that this world event wasn't the next tales. Because that would have been a nightmare.
S8, please, PLEASE- calm down. Okay? People like me will keep shelling out money for awesome value packs and prize dragons. Really. But stuff like this puts too much pressure on us. If we want it badly enough we'll buy it. Limited dragons and value packa are great ways to coax out money, sure- but bomboarding your loyal players with calamity like this is just plain mean. ):

random59
10-24-16, 04:58 AM
That's my feelings as well but I also don't like the dragons I ****ed myself in tournaments or events just given away. No dragons are special anymore really.
This world event is nothing for me because I have all the dragons. No point. getting over it fast.

Jen

Hey Jen, we still have a Tales to come if the update is correct and we will probably get a days respite before we get another bingo. Don't know about you but this is just way too much! Keep calm and carry on or grow food is not doing it for me ATM.

amerirish
10-25-16, 08:23 AM
This is causing me real anxiety; too many things to do and keep track of at once! Crickey! What the heck are they thinking? I have a square on my bingo card that would take up all my food; if I thought I'd get a week's break to restock I would do it, but at this rate there's no way. This is driving my OCD into overdrive and it's going to make me give up very soon. I can't be stressed over a darn game that's supposed to be fun :mad:

All at once:
Leaderboard Event
Bingo Adventure
World Event
Flash Tournament (possibly a full tourney today)
New dragon in the Mine
Collecting pieces for the crafting dragon
Limited time dragons in the market

Besides the normal upkeep of our islands (growing food to actually feed our dragons, leveling up, etc.) This is too much!!

freesiawoods
10-25-16, 05:31 PM
Just give us better crops. Like 8, 12 hour enchanted crops. That would help a lot.

Anaboe
10-28-16, 10:45 AM
And now it's a Dragon Tales, a Tournament and the Bingo.

But to me it seems that the bingo is a permanent feature... But it's a tricky one. It keeps you from optimizing food production, or arena-battles, World Events etc. Not being able to optimize food production makes the tales harder. And during Tales, you almost can't play the bingo at all...

No, I don't like the Bingo...

amerirish
10-28-16, 10:50 AM
I'm out of the Bingo business. It's too time consuming, stressful and distracting from other events. Also, you are punished (demoted) if you don't use boosts or spend gold to accomplish the tasks. If we could just slowly build up our own points without competing against other players, I would feel very differently. I wouldn't mind if people got the rewards before me so long as I knew I could get there for myself eventually. The system as it is now is dang near impossible for me to achieve so I'm not going to waste anymore time and effort spinning my wheels.

FireballFarm
10-28-16, 11:12 AM
Good god. I had just mentioned a couple hours ago how much I was enjoying Bingo since I was done with the leaderboard and the World Event. I logged out, made dinner, did a couple chores, and then opened my game again. I was gone for no more than 3 hours...and now there is a new Wheel and a new Dragon Tales, along with the Bingo and tournament that were already in progress. Smh.

Seriously, S8! Please chill out with all these simultaneous events!
It's way too much, and it's making all the events no fun anymore.

blueangel826
10-28-16, 11:13 AM
It's not making any sense to me why we're recently being bombarded with multiple events at same time! With the Leaderboard & Community Event that just ended, it was difficult to finish the Community Event in a shorter time than usual when some things counted for LB & less for the Community event! I play my normal game during LBs since I don't like the competitive game it's become. Community Events are great since everyone works together & not having to compete for the top 2 spots on LB to win the prize dragon! With today's update, there's a new Dragon Tales & Spin to Win wheel. Thankfully, it's better than last week, but I would love to see the game return to one major event at a time! I realize we can choose to only play in the challenges we choose, but the changes in DS in the last few months have not kept the game fun & relaxing! Many of us have a real life outside of DS & can't spend every waking moment playing or buying gold :confused: PLEASE consider returning to alternating events & not having multiple events together. Thanks!

amerirish
10-28-16, 11:26 AM
Totally agree with OP. It's too much to keep up with. Even though we have the choice to participate or not, why would you want players to choose not to participate? Doesn't make a lick of sense to have so much going on at once. And adding competition with the Bingo system instead of every player being able to accumulate their own points for moving ahead is going to just drive players away. How much negative feedback has been posted about the LB competition?? We don't want to compete against each other! Ridiculous!!

topgate44
10-28-16, 11:33 AM
I agree with everything that has been said on this... Way to much.. very time consuming. Game should maybe during event take 2 hours a day. This is all day everyday. Way to much.

Love the idea amerirish.. let us collect our points not against each other.

I have put money into this game but now it is ridiculous and can't do it. This is virtual and anytime storm 8 says goodbye to dragon story all that real money is wasted.

Events should be fun and work to accomplish but really can't even get caught up before another.

DisposableHarlequin
10-28-16, 11:35 AM
With how this game has been going the past year-ish I think it's them figuring out the best way they can make money off of people spending money for gold. Multiple events that are intense at one time means people will spend gold in order to get all of the dragons they want. I admit I've dwindled my own supply, I'm down to 38 gold (just collected 30 from my dragons), but I refuse to spend a dime on gold unless there's a gold dragon sale and I'm only a little short. Prior to the last year I'd buy a little something here and there but not since they reduced/removed the ways we could get free gold and introduced pure money-grabbing events like leaderboard.

caramellenina
10-28-16, 11:39 AM
I've slowed down because of the overwhelming amount of games all at once. Too much going on. It was great the way it was. I don't even have a decent amount of food to start the tales because the games are back-to-back. It is really annoying and a fun-****er! :(

dragonwhispereri
11-09-16, 11:32 AM
Is it just me, but refresh time is now 3 hours!
Also it just started about an hour ago and top two are close to 500 points! I had to refresh all but two or three squares and only now realizing refresh is three hours instead of one

FireballFarm
11-09-16, 01:12 PM
Deleted FFS and CS last week, DS is on the cusp of deletion. It's just not fun anymore. I hate to abandon my dragons, but with the reduced amount of playing time I've been giving the game, I'm starting to wonder it's worth the 1.9 GB (!) of space it's taking up on my iPad- and that's for a mid-level (130) Isles. :/ And I have a feeling it's just going to get worse as I keep leveling up and adding more stuff.

Shar33
11-09-16, 03:14 PM
Same here, I deleted ffs & cs too. Also not liking or participating in the competition leader boards, bingo or the regular ones. Working towards the goal at your own pace is a great idea, that I'd do. Idk though from what I've been reading on here this company listens and responds to no one.

Trixie6969
11-17-16, 10:40 PM
Not sure why it's necessary to have 3 events happening at the same time but it's making me lose interest in the game. I play this to relieve stress but your company is adding to it....