PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story : 10/20 Update - Spooky Hollow Event | 10/20 - 11/02

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

SpiritWind00
10-20-16, 12:54 AM
Spooky Hollow Storybook event - timed and optional
Grand Prize: Morgaine. Morgaine is like Zabrina (She will fly in your kingdom)

[==Update requires Level 15+ minimum game version 1.6, and is live from 10/20 until 11/02 @ 12:00 AM. Once started, you will have 10 days to complete the event. The event will automatically start on 10/23 @ 12:00 PM==] - SparklyOctopus

Time zone converter (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com): compare where you are with California
What happens when an event finishes?? Click here to take you to a post called How Community Events Work in the Hub. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1190378&viewfull=1#post1190378)

Pictures from ShibuyaCloth: click here! (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94947-Castle-Story-10-20-Update-Spooky-Hollow-Event-10-20-11-02&p=1359462&viewfull=1#post1359462)

Note: All off topic posts will be moved to the right thread or removed from this thread. Any bugs/issues must be reported in the Bugs Forum and NOT in thread. thanks, SW

Tips from players (and me!)
1. It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't UNLOCK until the next day.
2. If you finish the chapter early, you have to wait for the remainder of the time to expire before the next chapter starts. You have to complete a chapter to begin the next chapter.
3. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner.
4. If you gem skip a chapter, the next one doesn't start sooner (you will wait even longer!).

Journey to Spooky Hollow Adventure
Adventure Requirement: 10 witch's dust, 3 earth wisps | Castle only: 2 hours
Adventure Requirement for Lower Leveled players (level 34 and under): 7 witch's dust, 2 earth wisps
Drops: coin, sap, bones, spooky wall, mummy kitten, vampire puppy, pumpkin pup, haunted path, creep tooth, living wood, spooky tower, spooky gate, halloween banner, haystack, Witch Kitten, Spooky Scarecrow, and Spooky Tree

New in the Market:
Haunted Cottage limited to Town Building cap
TOWN BUILDING
Cost: 1,000 coins
Size: 2x2
Collection time: 4 hours
You can have 40 Town buildings. The number of each of these buildings you can have is limited to your total town building count. (Updated June 2015)

Ivy's Cauldron limit of 1 Cannot be sold
CRAFTING BUILDING
Info: A crafting building for summoning spooky pets
Cost: 500 coins
Build: comes fully built
What can you craft?
For the Spooky Hollow Event:
Remove the Curse - 3 hours - 1 cursed compass, 5 witch's dust, 5 earth wisp
Witch's Potion - 2 hours - 75 water, 75 orange petal, 50 mermaid scales

For the Spooky Event:
Wistful Ghost - 10 minutes - 100 Spirit Essence (5 gems each)
Friendly Werewolf - 10 minutes - 100 Werewolf Pelts (5 gems each)
Lonely Mummy - 10 minutes - 100 Mummy Wrappings (5 gems each)
Wily Werebeast - 10 minutes - Cursed Fur (5 gems each)

Inventory Items:
Spooky trap
Info: This is sure to draw a spooky monster out from hiding! Chop to lure a Ghost, Werewolf, or Mummy
Found: market, 10 gems
Uses: 1 chop to lure a Ghost, Werewolf, or Mummy monster

Werebeast trap
Info: Chop to lure a Werebeast.
Found: market, 10 gems
Uses: 1 chop to lure a werebeast only

Map piece 0/99
Info: A piece of map.
Found: jewelers, cottages
Uses: item to give to Ivy

Witch's Dust 0/99
Info: A Wickedly pretty sparkling dust.
Found: dead trees
Uses: item in Spooky Hollow adventure

Cursed Compass 0/99
Info: A compass with an eerie spell on it.
Found: reward from Chapter 2, goal 2
Uses: item in craft 'Remove the Curse'

Lantern Frame 0/99
Info: A frame used to make a Cursed Lantern.
Crafted: Ivy's Cauldron, 4 hours - 20 haunted steel, 50 iron ore, 60 silver
Uses: item in Cursed Lantern

Ghost orb 0/99
Info: Glowing ghost orbs that emit a spooky light!
Found: watchtowers, lantern spires
Uses: item in Haunted Lantern

SpiritWind00
Spooky Hollow Storybook Goals
Special thanks to kattkrazie for posting goals for us ahead of time.

Goal Notes:

Lower Leveled (LL) players = 15-34. Will post differences as they become available in this colour.
*** Level 15-34 will have different tasks than players that are level 35-50.

* The adventure is not always available in the Castle - it comes and goes depending on the chapter you're on.

* NB: After chapter 2 when Witch's Dust starts dropping, it will always drop except after collecting from the last adventure of the day. Witch's Dust stops dropping in between chapters. It will drop once the next chapter begins.***

* You can collect from a building the same or higher level the goal asks.

Chapter 1: I sense a new spooktacular presence in the Kingdom and I'm really curious! Go forth and seek any unusual or spooky happenings so that we might find out more!
Chapter 1:
Goal 1 Visit a cottage 0/1 VISIT (skip 15 gems)
Goal 2 Visit a jeweler 0/1 VISIT (skip 15 gems)
Goal 3 Give map pieces to Ivy 0/10 GIVE (skip 150 gems) | LL 0/5 | drops of 1-2 from jewelers and cottages

Chapter 2: I knew those map pieces looked familiar! They point to the ancient Spooky Hollow! The way has been lost over the centuries, but if we can restore this compass, we can journey there!
Chapter 2:
Goal 1 Read about Spooky Hollow at the library 0/2 READ (skip 30 gems) | LL 0/1
Goal 2 Collect Witch's dust from dead trees 0/5 GO (skip 30 gems) | LL 0/3 | Reward: Cursed Compass
Goal 3 Remove the curse from the cursed compass 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems) | Ivy's cauldron, 3 hours - 1 cursed compass, 5 witch's dust, 5 earth wisp
Goal 4 Journey to Spooky Hollow 0/1 GO (skip 100 gems)

* NB: After chapter 2 when Witch's Dust starts dropping, it will always drop except after collecting from the last adventure of the day. Witch's Dust stops dropping in between chapters. It will begin again once the next chapter begins.*** (thanks netwiz3!)

Chapter 3: No one has ventured into Spooky Hollow in ages...Ow! That vine just hit me! Ow! Ouch! Ow! Retreat! Retreat! We'll be back, you wily, whopping plants!
Chapter 3:
Goal 1 Talk to Ivy 0/1 GO (skip 15 gems)
Goal 2 Give Ivy the Enchanted Compass 0/1 GIVE (skip 10 gems)
Goal 3 Craft Witch's Potion 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems) | Ivy's Cauldron, 2 hours - 75 water, 75 orange petal, 50 mermaid scales. Lower Level Craft Witch's Potion 0/1 GO | Ivy's Cauldron, 2 hours - 50 water, 50 orange petal, 25 mermaid scales.
Goal 4 Give Creep Tooth 0/75 GIVE (skip 300 gems) | LL 0/25
Goal 5 Journey to Spooky Hollow 0/2 GO (skip 100 gems)

Note:
Mermaid scales are found: mermaid pond, ponds, wells, swampy pond, trade with Belladonna, Castle Garden, Princess Lorelei's Fountain, Faerie Fountain
Orange petals are found specifically in talinum auranticum, Sunflowers, Fire Fox + all of the places random petals drop from (refer to Petals (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76375-Castle-Story-Inventory-Guide&p=1025280&viewfull=1#post1025280)in the Inventory Guide)
Creep tooth are found: troll buildings, skunkupine, fangbeast, trolls, Ivy's hut, Spooky Tree, various Baron's Game Tent prizes, Pepe, Elf Skunkupine (Baron's tent), Troll Training Ground, Boston Terrier, Fox Pup, Tiger Kitten, Lion Cub, Wolf Pup, Fireworks Griffin, Royal Griffin, Fire Fox, Black Tiger Kitten, Pirate Raccoon

Chapter 4: Ivy: I sense magic was used here recently. Let's search for clues... Wait@ Did you hear that?! Oh jeepers, a lot of BIG somethings are coming right towards us! Quick find a weapon and protect us!
Chapter 4:
Goal 1 Visit a Level 4 market place 0/2 VISIT (skip 40 gems)| LL visit a Level 2 MPlace
Goal 2 Visit a Level 3 jeweler 0/1 VISIT (skip 20 gems)
Goal 3 Visit a haunted cottage 0/1 VISIT (skip 20 gems) | You have to have at least one haunted cottage in later chapters. The first time you collect, it can be level 1. But in Chapter 7 or 8, you will need to upgrade it to level 5.
Goal 4 Journey to Spooky Hollow 0/2 GO (skip 100 gems)

Chapter 5: Ivy: Werebeasts?! That sword is not strong enough to defeat these wicked creatures! Quick! Strengthen the sword with this powerful enchantment and strike them down!
Chapter 5:
Goal 1 Collect from mushrooms 0/10 GO (skip 50 gems) | LL 0/5
Goal 2 Enchant a haunted sword 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems) | Ivy's Cauldron, 5 hours - 1 witch's potion 10 witch's dust, 50 mushrooms (speed up is 20 gems)| LL 1 witch's potion, 5 witch's dust, 30 mushrooms
Goal 3 Clear a dead tree 0/1 GO (skip 10 gems)
Goal 4 Slay werebeasts 0/25 GO (skip 375 gems) | LL 0/10
Goal 5 Journey to Spooky Hollow 0/3 GO (skip 150 gems)

Chapter 6: Ivy: Whew! Well done defeating those werebeasts! Too bad some of those scoundrels got away... Ah, well. Let's rest in this village for now. I feel like I'm going to faint!
Chapter 6: | LL all same
Goal 1 Visit a level 4 stable 0/1 VISIT (skip 20 gems)
Goal 2 Visit a level 4 conservatory 0/2 VISIT (skip 40 gems)
Goal 3 Journey to Spooky Hollow 0/5 GO (skip 250 gems)

Chapter 7: Ivy: What was that noise! Oh, no! The werebeasts have returned! Fend off the nasty beasts while I find a means of escape! Be wary of their bites lest you be turned!
Chapter 7:
Goal 1 Give prime cut 0/75 GIVE (skip 600 gems) | LL 0/30 Bacon GIVE (skip 120 gems)
Goal 2 Slay werebeasts 0/50 GO (skip 750 gems) | LL 0/25 (skip 375 gems)
Goal 3 Visit a level 5 haunted cottage 0/1 VISIT (skip 20 gems) | LL Level 3 0/1 (skip 20 gems)
Goal 4 Journey to Spooky Hollow 0/4 GO (skip 200 gems)

Chapter 8: Ivy: Okay, the beasts have slinked off in search of weaker prey. Let's continue our search deeper into the Spooky Hollow. Is it just me or is it getting darker by the minute? I'm not frightened, don't be silly! Umm, could you get us a light?
Chapter 8:
Goal 1 Visit community 0/20 VISIT (skip 160 gems) | LL 0/10 VISIT (skip 80 gems)
Goal 2 Ask neighbors for haunted steel 0/20 ASK (skip 160 gems) | LL 0/10 ASK (skip 80 gems)
Goal 3 Craft a lantern frame 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems) | Ivy's Cauldron, 4 hours - 20 haunted steel, 50 iron ore, 60 silver
Goal 3 Lower Level Craft a lantern frame 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems) | Ivy's Cauldron, 4 hours - 10 haunted steel, 30 iron ore, 30 silver
Goal 4 Journey to Spooky Hollow 0/3 GO (skip 150 gems)

Looking for active or more neighbours?? Add your ID to this thread: Add Me (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?110-Castle-Story-Add-Me).

Note: If you are having issues with your haunted steel, please post in the current bugs post (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95114-Spooky-hollow-chapter-8-stuck!). BEFORE YOU DO THOUGH: If you can see responses in your news feed, but they are not showing up in your event book, you MUST force close your game. The game needs to sync with the S8 servers. Force closing means that you double click the home button and swipe up and off the screen the thumbnail pic of the app.

Chapter 9: Ivy: That is a finely crafted lantern, but it's still rather dark in here. Mind lighting it? The quicker, the better! In Spooky Hollow, aparitions and ghostly spirits are abundant. Infuse the lantern with ghostly light!
Chapter 9:
Goal 1 Collect ghost orbs 0/20 GO (skip 250 gems) | Collect from watchtowers and lantern spires. Each collection drops 1-3 orbs. | LL Collect ghost orbs 0/10 GO (skip 250 gems)
Goal 2 Use the ghost orbs to make a haunted lantern 0/1 | Ivy's Cauldron, 4 hours - 1 lantern frame, 20 ghost orbs, 50 glimmerdust (speed up is 16 gems) (seems to be a name discrepancy in this goal with Haunted Lantern vs Cursed Lantern?) | LL 0/1 | Ivy's Cauldron, 4 hours - 1 lantern frame, 10 ghost orbs, 25 glimmerdust (skip 50 gems)
Goal 3 Journey to Spooky Hollow 0/3 GO (skip 150 gems)

Chapter 10: Ivy: What is that soft glow before us? Ah! It is the Faerie Witch whose presence I felt! Let us guide her back to town and out of this gloom!
Chapter 10:
Goal 1 Collect haunted straw from farmhouses 0/50 GO (skip 1000 gems) | LL 0/25 GO (skip 500 gems)
Goal 2 Craft a witch's broom 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems) | Ivy's Cauldron, 2 hours - 1 banner pole, 50 haunted straw, 20 living wood (speed up is 8 gems) (Changed from 6 hours) (Each farmhouse drops 2-3 straw per collection.) | LL 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems) | Ivy's Cauldron, 2 hours - 1 banner pole, 25 haunted straw, 10 living wood
Goal 3 Help the witch faerie in Spooky Hollow - Journey to Spooky Hollow 0/6 GO (skip 300 gems)
Reward is Morgaine - she flies around kingdom on a broom.

DOUBLE CHECK YOU HAVE A BANNER POLE ALREADY! They take 3 hours to craft in the Workshop.
Timer of the Witch's Broom has been decreased to 2 hours from 6 hours.

End of Storybook Event!

The following goals are NOT TIMED and can be completed at your leisure once you have completed chapter 10. You will not get these goals if you do not complete the event or chapter 10 before the timer finishes.

SpiritWind00
Where the Witchy Things Are
UNTIMED GOALS

* Once you complete chapter 10, the following 4 part goals begin and are shown in your blue goal book.
* The reward for completing these goals is a house for Morgaine, a Witch's Den.
* Drops for the Den are awaiting confirmation, currently only coins.

Dialogue: Margaine: Thank goodness you found me!mIve been lost in this wretched forest for days.
Ivy: See -- I told you it was a Faerie Witch. How exciting!
Ruler: You were right, Ivy.
Morgaine: *ahem*
Ruler: Oh, right! Are you alright?
Morgaine: Mostly, though I'm very hungry...
Ivy: well, I'm Ivy and this is the Ruler.
Morgaine: Ruler?
Ruler: Perhaps we can get you something to eat...uh...
Morgaine: Morgaine, my name is Morgaine.
Rule: Pleasure to meet you Morgaine, follow us this way. We'll get you something to eat.
Morgaine: I'm so glad you found me, but I'm quite hungry! I'll tell you all about how I ended up here after some rest.
1: Where the Witchy Things Are
* Visit cottages 0/10 VISIT (skip 50 gems)| Note: haunted cottages do not count
* Give water 0/30 GIVE (skip 150 gems)
* Feed hearty feasts 0/3 FEED (skip 90 gems)
Rewards: 1 Brewing Cauldron (2x2, place on your board from inventory for the next lot of goals)
Congratulations: Morgaine: Ivy found her Old Cauldron while I was resting, maybe we can get some use out it to break this curse?

Dialogue: Ruler: Wow, she sure can eat a lot.
Ivy: A witch needs to get her energy from somewhere! Not that I would know anything about that.
Ruler: So, how did you get lost in the Spooky Hollow? Seems like a dangerous place for someone to venture into.
Morgaine: Not as dangerous as the place I was running from. I was captured by an evil man when I was very young and taken to the Twisting Grove. He put a spell over me to weaken my magic, making it harder for me to escape.
Ruler: And this man...he's still out there?
Morgaine: He is, but he's no threat to your Kingdom. Not anymore.
Ruler/Ivy: ....
Morgaine: Oh, I didn't do anything! Well, not directly... The Twisting Grove is a dreadful place full of darkness and dangers. His castle was ambushed by the Grove Trolls...which I may have summoned... That gave me the chance to escape. I hadn't been outside the Castle in years, so I got lost in the Spooky Hollow. And here I am now, but I still have this blasted curse on me!
Ruler: well, do t worry about that! I'm sure we can come up with something to fix you right up!
Ivy: This Old Cauldron might look a little rusty, but not to worry, it'll do just fine!
2: A Spell a Day Keeps The Curse Away
* Craft Ivy's Concoction 0/1 BREW (skip 25 gems) | Potion Shop, 1 hour - 5 mysterious venom, 25 rat tails, 50 bones (or buy concoction for 5 gems)
* Fill the cauldron with Ivy's Concoction 0/1 GO (skip 10 gems)| Potion Shop, 10 minutes - 1 old cauldron, 1 Ivy's Concoction
Rewards: none
Congratulations: Icy: Once the brew starts to bubble we'll be ready for toil and trouble!

Dialogue: Ivy: Now that we've got a nice brew going, we just need to find the right spell to break your curse.
Morgaine: Might I suggest something from the later chapters of House of Charms?
Ivy: A good suggestion, but what do you think about this recipe from Pretty Little Lores?
Morgaine: Very nice! Oh... that requires Hot Peppers. I'm afraid I' allergic.
Ivy: Rats! Hmm... I've got it! Where is my volume of Breaking Bad Luck?
Ivy: I know I left a copy of my spellbook around here somewhere, but I can't find it!
3: The Big Brew Theory
* Visit the library 0/1 VISIT (skip 15 gems)
* Find Ivy's spellbook 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems) | it may take a couple of collections for the spellbook to drop
* Read Ivy's spellbook 0/1 READ (skip 10 gems)
Congratulations: Ivy: Here it is! Now to find a spell that'll break the curse...

Dialogue: Ruler: I see you two are hitting it off quite well!
Ivy: Indeed, and I think we've found the perfect recipe to break Morgaine's curse. We'll just need some Swamp Water and a few other things...
Morgaine: Wait... Swamp Water? I don't have to drink it... right?
Ivy: We'll get to that part later! For now, we need to get that and the rest of the ingredients to make Frog's Breath. I'm pretty sure that will break the curse and give Morgaine her powers back.
Ruler: Alright. Where should we start?
Morgaine: Wait, what did Ivy mean by she's 'pretty sure' this will work? ...Are you sure this is a good idea?
4: Practice Makes Potion
* Search ponds 0/5 GO (skip 50 gems) | Note: ponds, mermaid pond counts, but the swampy pond does not
* Collect swamp water 0/25 GO (skip 150 gems)
* Craft frog's breath 0/1 | Brewing Cauldron, 2 hours - 25 swamp water, 50 glimmerdust, 10 sugar (8 gems to speed up)
* Give frog's breath 0/1 GIVE (skip 10 gems)
Rewards: Witch's Den
Congratulations: Morgaine: This potion kind of smells funny... I'm not so sure about this.

Dialogue: Ivy: Alright Morgaine, drink up!
Morgaine: *gulp* ...
Ivy: so...
Morgaine: Once you get past the mossy taste it's not so bad.
Ruler: How do you feel?
Morgaine: I think it's working! I'm starting to feel stronger already.
Ivy: That's great! It's working! Not that I thought it wouldn't...
Ruler: Well, Morgaine, you're welcome to stay here in the Kingdom if you'd like.
Morgaine: I'd love to! Thank you all for all your help.
Ruler: Anytime! Now let's show you to your new home!
Ivy: See, that wasn't so bad! Now that the potion totally worked, let's show Morgaine her new home in the Kingdom.
4: Welcome Home Morgaine
* Visit Morgaine's Den
Congratulations: Ivy: This is the perfect place for Morgaine to call home!

End of storyline.

Witch's Den cannot be sold
Info: A home for a friendly witch.
Found: reward for completing goals associated with the Spooky Hollow event, October 2016 (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94947-Castle-Story-10-20-Update-Spooky-Hollow-Event-10-20-11-02). Comes fully built.
Drops: coins
Collection time: 1 hour
Speed up: 4 gems

Swamp Water
Info: A questionable potion ingredient
Found: ponds
Use: item in Frog's Breath craft

Brewing Cauldron limit of 1 Cannot be sold
CRAFTING BUILDING
Info: A crafting Building for brewing potions!
Cost: 0 coins
Build: comes fully built
What can you craft?
Frog's Breath, 2 hours - 25 swamp water, 50 glimmerdust, 10 sugar (8 gems to speed up)

bwunderbach
10-20-16, 12:10 PM
Storybook event

Chapter 1:
Part 1. Visit a cottage
Part 2. Visit a jewelers
Part 3. Give 10 map pieces to Ivy.
(Find these at jewelers & cottages)
[from meme1098]

Chapter 2:
Part 1. Visit 2 Libraries
Part 2. Chop dead trees for 5 dust
Part 3. Craft remove the curse in Ivy's Cauldron (3 hours)
[from dragongold1]

looks like an elf witch as a grand prize

netwiz3
10-20-16, 12:12 PM
Not just a witch an Elf Witch(see the pointy ears) :p

WARNING: The ability to collect Witch Dust goes away each day AFTER you collect from the final Adventure(and adventure goes away as well).

So if you want to get ahead on Witch Dust, max it out or collect as much as you need at least for next couple of days BEFORE you collect from last Adventure.

Here is the strategy to give yourself the best possible chance of completing this event with minimal or no gem usage if your schedule allows the time needed to implement... Hope it helps!

1) Look ahead based on carefully reading info in post 2 and obtain all items needed and level up all buildings and have the ready to collect ahead of time. Use all energy/time between chapters to first get the required items and prepare the right level buildings.

2) The Key resources are Witch's Dust and Earth Wisps. You will need approximately 305 Dust in this event with a max of 99 in inventory at any one time. So as early in the game as possible, after preparing all other items needed a day or 2 in advance, try to stockpile 99 Witch's Dust and keep Earth Wisps as full as possible. Each time you send an adventure out, immediately collect the 10 Witch's Dust needed to replenish the ones you used for the adventure. BEFORE collecting the last adventure of the day replenish the Dust to 99.

3) Stockpile every "storeable" form of energy as is possible for day 7... You will need as much energy as possible available to defeat 50 werebeasts on that day. This energy that should be kept for day 7 includes energy boxes, fairy elixir(max out the needed ingredients to craft on day 7). Also have any 7 day Ali's and horses ready collect on day 7. Try to time any (4-100) 1 day Alis to be ready early on day 7 and use them first so they are recharging for the next day. Also make sure to collect from the Wizard schools as soon as they are available throughout the day.

4) Use day 5 as a preview of day 7 since you battle 25 werebeasts then... Try to ONLY
use 1 day Alis and Wizard schools for energy on day 5 and do not break into your other energy reserves.

5) Don't despair if you don't think day 7 is doable in one day... If it rolls over into day 8 it appears you'll be able to recover the time and catch up on day 8.

6). If you survive day 7(and 8 and 9) map out your strategy for day 10 to allow you to collect the needed straw as fast as possible(have as many farm houses as is possible) and start the craft early... Then figure out how to get the final 6 adventures collected... If you can't collect every 2 hours you will have to speed up the adventures... No other way around it. Each adventure costs 50 gems per adventure to skip OR 16 Gems to speed up once sent.

I hope this info helps! :)

Ps: Here''s my plan for collecting Witch's Dust front loading as much as possible:

Chapter/ Use This Chapter/ Collect this Chapter/ On Hand at Beginning of This Chapter

2 15 15 0

3 20 119 0

4 20 20 99

5 40 40 99

6 50 50 99

7 40 40 99

8 30 21 99

9 30 0 90

10 60 0 60

bwunderbach
10-20-16, 12:14 PM
Not just a witch an Elf Witch(see the pointy ears) :p

Corrected. Thanks, Netwiz! :)

MoonVillage3
10-20-16, 12:17 PM
SPOOKY HOLLOW timed goal... 10 days
Win "Morgaine" your own cute little Elf Witch that flies around your kingdom.

Spooky Hollow - Day 1

34102 34103

34104 34105

MoonVillage3
Spooky Hollow - Day 2

34111 34113

34114 34115

MoonVillage3
Spooky Hollow - Day 3

34116 34117

34119 34121

MoonVillage3
Spooky Hollow - Day 4

34127 34128

34129 34130

MoonVillage3
Spooky Hollow - Day 5

34158 34159

34160 34161

MoonVillage3
Spooky Hollow - Day 6

34173 34174

MoonVillage3
Spooky Hollow - Day 7

34187 34190

34191 34192

MoonVillage3
Spooky Hollow - Day 8

34198 34199

34201 34202

MoonVillage3
Spooky Hollow - Day 9

34223 34224

MoonVillage3
Spooky Hollow - Day 10

[Picture: Chapter10, Goal 1 of 3 Collect HauntedStraw from FarmHouses (0/50)]

34226 34227

meme1098
10-20-16, 12:18 PM
Haha... I had put all but 1 jewelers away so now I just play the waiting game...lol.

Is that another cauldron? Lol
And luv the purple hat & outfit..:)

dragongold1
10-20-16, 12:24 PM
Chapter 2 has 4 goals

goal 1 Visit 2 libriaries
goal 2 chop dead trees for 5 dust
goal 3 craft remove the curse in ivys cauldron 3 hours

jabbottscott
10-20-16, 12:25 PM
She is awfully cute! Thanks for the head's up on Chapter 2...time to pull out my libraries again :rolleyes:

88silver
10-20-16, 12:26 PM
Looks like the Jewelers drop 2 each and the Cottages drop 1 each.

meme1098
10-20-16, 12:32 PM
Chapter 2 has 4 goals

I thought about putting out libraries, so I'll do that later when I'm done with the cottages...lol. They should be ready in the morning then.

federerGOAT
10-20-16, 12:33 PM
Storybook event

Chapter 1:
Part 1. Visit a cottage
Part 2. Visit a jewelers
Part 3. Give 10 map pieces to Ivy.
(Find these at jewelers & cottages)
[from meme1098]

looks like an elf witch as a grand prize

It's 5 map pieces for lower levels.

And it seems the maps stops dropping once you give it to Ivy.

Chapter 2 goal 4 - journey to Spooky Hollow 0/1 (7 dust, 2 wisps)

Chapter 3
1 Talk to Ivy 0/1
2. Give Ivy the Enchanted compass
3. Craft witch's potion (50 water, 50 orange petal, 25 mermaid scales)
4. Give creep tooth 0/25
5. Journey to spooky hollow 0/2

Chapter 4
1. Visit a L2 market place 0/1
2. Visit a L3 jeweller 0/1
3. Visit a haunted cottage 0/1
4. Journey to spooky hollow 0/2

Chapter 5
1. Collect from mushrooms 0/5
2. Enchant a haunted sword - 1 potion, 5 witch's dust, 30 mushrooms
3. Clear a dead tree 0/1
4. Slay werebeasts 0/10
5. Journey to spooky hollow 0/3

Chapter 6
1. Visit a L4 stable 0/1
2. Visit a L4 conservatory 0/1
3. Journey to spooky hollow 0/5

kattkrazie
10-20-16, 12:36 PM
Start making earth wisps and chopping lots of dead trees for witch's dust. Adventure tomorrow.

Chapter 2 - Goal 4 - Journey to Spooky Hollow. (0/1)
Adventure requires 10 witch's dust and 3 earth wisps. Takes 2 hrs.

Oddly enough, the adventure is not available in the new Haunted Keep or the Barracks.

GarnetJ
10-20-16, 12:39 PM
Start making earth wisps and chopping lots of dead trees for witch's dust. Adventure tomorrow.

At least with all of the rock chopping from the last event, people should have PLENTY of coal for the earth wisps!

netwiz3
10-20-16, 12:51 PM
I thought about putting out libraries, so I'll do that later when I'm done with the cottages...lol. They should be ready in the morning then.

Don't put away cottages as they may very well continue to drop stuff after their first usage. :)

justmine2
10-20-16, 01:01 PM
Hummm. Think I may have sold a bunch of cottages last week (?) to buy taverns lol

Tealantern
10-20-16, 01:02 PM
I love the haunted cottages!

I wonder if we will need to build some.

Animalioz
10-20-16, 01:13 PM
I love the haunted cottages!

I wonder if we will need to build some.

Yeah, me too! :D But I wonder if the Haunted Cottage gives Map Pieces? Have you collected from your Haunted Cottage after the event started? :)

PrincessCelestian
10-20-16, 01:14 PM
I can't get in to my game :-( anybody else having issues? All of my other games are working

netwiz3
10-20-16, 01:14 PM

Oddly enough, the adventure is not available in the new Haunted Keep or the Barracks.

Unfortunately Katt won't be able to help us much with the adventures as I think she's short on wisps. :p

kattkrazie
10-20-16, 01:19 PM
Unfortunately Katt won't be able to help us much with the adventures as I think she's short on wisps. :p

Lol. Love inside jokes! :cool:

meme1098
10-20-16, 01:28 PM
Don't put away cottages as they may very well continue to drop stuff after their first usage. :)

Thanks! I'll have to figure out what to store..lol.

netwiz3
10-20-16, 01:34 PM

Do you know what and in what quantity drops from the adventure? Surely you aren't planning on waiting 2 hours. :rolleyes:

letf8b
10-20-16, 01:40 PM
Chapter 2 has 4 goals

goal 3 craft remove the curse in ivys cauldron 3 hours goal 3 ? What is it that we craft? Plz if anyone knows. Thanks in advance.

jbfps116
10-20-16, 01:44 PM
TL>>> If the final prize is going to be a PERMANENT figure walking in the kingdom please let us know! Some people may not want it or not all the time [as it's sort of a seasonal figure]

nessa005
10-20-16, 01:46 PM
Looks like the Jewelers drop 2 each and the Cottages drop 1 each.

My jewellers only dropped 1 as did my cottages. None of them counted on the storyboard. Force closed and still not registering :(

netwiz3
10-20-16, 01:47 PM
TL>>> If the final prize is going to be a PERMANENT figure walking in the kingdom please let us know! Some people may not want it or not all the time [as it's sort of a seasonal figure]

Don't worry she won't walk... Besides who doesn't want an Elf Witch who is clearly enjoying herself flying around their Kingdom on a broomstick. :p

netwiz3
10-20-16, 01:48 PM
My jewellers only dropped 1 as did my cottages. None of them counted on the storyboard. Force closed and still not registering :(

Did you "give" them to Ivy? That's what makes them count. :)

nessa005
10-20-16, 01:49 PM

I collected again and tapped give, now they are all registered :)

nessa005
10-20-16, 01:50 PM
Did you "give" them to Ivy? That's what makes them count. :)
Thanks, I must have read your mind while you were writing!

PrincessCelestian
10-20-16, 01:51 PM
Uninstalled and reinstalled and still can't get on 😤😤😥😥😥😱😱 this hasn't ever happened to me before. Must feed the addiction!!!

netwiz3
10-20-16, 01:57 PM
Uninstalled and reinstalled and still can't get on  this hasn't ever happened to me before. Must feed the addiction!!!

Weird... Where are you located and what type of device are you using? Maybe it's regional. On the bright side since this is a Chapter event that you can usually wiat to start for 4 or 5 days, you won't lose any time and will gain more advanced information about what to prepare/put out in your kingdom. Hope your game starts working soon! :)

lindtball
10-20-16, 01:58 PM

Many thanks for the heads up for Chapter 2 and spreading the love Kattkrazie. 

FYI
I think you have to wait until Chapter 2 starts to gather the Witch's Dust from chopping Dead Trees. All my chopping will only spawn Werebeasts no Witch's Dust as I have not speeded ahead to Chapter 2.

ashley224
10-20-16, 02:09 PM

Do you know what and in what quantity drops from the adventure? Surely you aren't planning on waiting 2 hours. :rolleyes:

Yes, Katt, I can't believe it, it's been almost two hours and no reports. I'll send you more earth wisps to help out. We all benefit from you forging ahead.:cool::p

kattkrazie
10-20-16, 02:09 PM
Many thanks for the heads up for Chapter 2 and spreading the love Kattkrazie. 

FYI
I think you have to wait until Chapter 2 starts to gather the Witch's Dust from chopping Dead Trees. All my chopping will only spawn Werebeasts no Witch's Dust as I have not speeded ahead to Chapter 2.

Oops. You are correct. You can't collect witch's dust until you've read about Spooky Hollow at the library. So don't waste energy chopping dead trees today.

kattkrazie
10-20-16, 02:11 PM
Ok. You asked for it but you aren't going to like it. It costs 16 gems to speed up adventure and it dropped 30 coins. That's it. I don't recommend speeding up the adventure.

ashley224
10-20-16, 02:13 PM
Ok. You asked for it but you aren't going to like it. It costs 16 gems to speed up adventure and it dropped 30 coins. That's it. I don't recommend speeding up the adventure.

Now I feel bad, wish I could send you some gems too.:rolleyes:

lindtball
10-20-16, 02:14 PM

Ewwwwe. More loves to the kitty. ;)

kattkrazie
10-20-16, 02:16 PM
goal 3 ? What is it that we craft? Plz if anyone knows. Thanks in advance.

Chapter 2 - Goal 3

The craft is to remove the curse. It's done in Ivy's cauldron. You need 1 cursed compass, 5 witch's dust, and 5 earth wisp.
(The cursed compass is the reward for Goal 2 - collect 5 witch's dust from dead trees.)

netwiz3
10-20-16, 02:17 PM

ROFL. Now that's some good advice. ROFL.

hexappeal
10-20-16, 02:17 PM
I asked this question before and I apologize if it was already answered.
What qualifies as "low level"
Does level 36 disqualify me as such?
I think I'm going to wait til Tuesday to begin (if I can hold out that long)

comeseecomesah
10-20-16, 02:21 PM
Chapter 2 has 4 goals

Goal 4 Journey to spooky hollow- Adventure- Requires 10x witch dust (from dead trees). 3x earth wisp. 2 hours

letf8b
10-20-16, 02:37 PM
Chapter 2 - Goal 3

The craft is to remove the curse. It's done in Ivy's cauldron. You need 1 cursed compass, 5 witch's dust, and 5 earth wisp.
(The cursed compass is the reward for Goal 2 - collect 5 witch's dust from dead trees.) Thank you so much... I will get my dead trees ready. I appreciate all of the info you give it makes a difference.

netwiz3
10-20-16, 02:51 PM
event requirements

Any way you can merge everything from the other thread here? :)

PikaSquirrel
10-20-16, 03:09 PM
Any way you can merge everything from the other thread here? :)

Done :)

comeseecomesah
As we have a sale bundle on offer which includes 50 witch dust, I guess we gonna need lots of it. Off to chop some dead trees.
IF we have to go on lots of adventures we need 10x witch dust and 3x earth wisps per adventure.

rleethalme

Low level is under level 40

robotparade
10-20-16, 03:15 PM
Thanks to everyone who posts these sneak-peek glimpses into storybook events. You guys are the best; you make this game more fun!

kattkrazie
10-20-16, 03:17 PM
Chapter 3:

Goal 1 - Talk to Ivy (0/1)
(Go)

Goal 2 - Give Ivy the Enchanted Compass (0/1)
(This should stop them!) Give

Goal 3 - Craft Witch's Potion (0/1)
(Careful when you pour the potion) Go
Craft is done in Ivy's Cauldron. Needs 75 water, 75 orange petal, 50 mermaid scales. Takes 2 hrs.

Goal 4 - Give Creep Tooth. (0/75)
(Find creep tooth by fighting monsters)
The ones in my inventory DID count.

Goal 5 - Journey to Spooky Hollow (0/2).

peachtreeshoppe
10-20-16, 03:23 PM

Probably drops things you are maxed on, right? Don't you get 5 coins per maxed item that won't fit in inventory? If it is really 30 coins, that is nuts.

peachtreeshoppe
10-20-16, 03:36 PM
Chapter 3:

(Go)

Craft is done in Ivy's Cauldron. Needs 75 water, 75 orange petal, 50 mermaid scales. Takes 2 hrs.

Thanks! Does creep tooth come from the monster stable or any other buildings? I forget if I am maxed or where to get it. Scrolling inventory to find is annoying.

kattkrazie
10-20-16, 03:37 PM
Probably drops things you are maxed on, right? Don't you get 5 coins per maxed item that won't fit in inventory? If it is really 30 coins, that is nuts.

Unfortunately, no black banner. Just dropped 30 coins. The drops do get better in chapter 3. I just collected and got 1 sap and a spooky wall.

robotparade
10-20-16, 03:39 PM
Chapter 3:

I also get Creep Tooth from my pet dog and cat, from Ivy's house, and from Spooky Tree (prize from 2014 Halloween event). Maybe also from Skunkupine house? Can't remember.

Anaboe
10-20-16, 03:48 PM
To me, all S8 games are down... Anyone else experiencing the same?

Nikospets
10-20-16, 03:51 PM
To me, all S8 games are down... Anyone else experiencing the same?

My CS is not loading, came here to find out if I was the only one! Obviously I'm not the only one!

danzplace
10-20-16, 03:53 PM
Ditto. All my posts disappeared then the game closed.

robotparade
10-20-16, 03:53 PM
Yeah, me too! :D But I wonder if the Haunted Cottage gives Map Pieces? Have you collected from your Haunted Cottage after the event started? :)

The HC counted toward my book goal of 'visit a cottage' AND gave a map piece!

Edited to add: suddenly can't get into game.

ashley224
10-20-16, 03:54 PM
My games are down too, suffering withdrawal symptoms now, panic setting in...:cool:

netwiz3
10-20-16, 03:59 PM
My games are down too, suffering withdrawal symptoms now, panic setting in...:cool:

We don't care about your games... What about Storm8's games? :rolleyes:

ashley224
10-20-16, 04:01 PM
We don't care about your games... What about Storm8's games? :rolleyes:
Katt help he needs some faerie elixir, don't suppose you have any left?:D

kattkrazie
10-20-16, 04:03 PM
Katt help he needs some faerie elixir, don't suppose you have any left?:D

Uhhhhh, no, I'm all out...

comeseecomesah
10-20-16, 04:03 PM
Ahhhhh helpppl can't get in any S8 games. Tried non S8 game and it worked.., so the pop up referring that we got no wifi is telling us lies naughty. I need my fix before real life kicks in

Anaboe
10-20-16, 04:04 PM
Response from Elsa:

Elsa;1358818']We're looking into this. :)

WhatNamesRLeft
10-20-16, 04:05 PM
I have logged a request for info on the "shutdown" thru the support page. I had just finished the first chapter. I'll be :( if I lose my progress tho. If it was scheduled maintenance I can't find any announcement... maybe an unexpected server issue or something?

Just after writing this I tried again & all seems fine again... :) so far... progress lost only from when it started to keep "loading" before it kicked me out.

ashley224
10-20-16, 04:09 PM

Maybe milk will put his fire out, I'm more than a little singed.

jbfps116
10-20-16, 04:13 PM
since I'm not a big fan of halloween this is a welcome break from cs. come christmas though.... yay!

peachtreeshoppe
10-20-16, 04:27 PM
I also get Creep Tooth from my pet dog and cat, from Ivy's house, and from Spooky Tree (prize from 2014 Halloween event). Maybe also from Skunkupine house? Can't remember.

Thank you! I was able to confirm I was maxed through the royal exchange. Also got a black bar for creep tooth on my griffin shortly thereafter.

bald1e
10-20-16, 04:31 PM
Jeeeeez I spent ages selling my normal Cottages for Haunted Cottages and rearranging my queendom then got booted out. Grrrrrrrrr
Hopefully the prizes will be as great as the Monster Mash Ball yaaaaah ;)

PikaSquirrel
10-20-16, 04:38 PM
Game was down for a few minutes but they're back now. Let us know if you're still unable to access your game!

comeseecomesah
10-20-16, 05:39 PM
Thankyou PikaSquirrel ☆All is ok with me now.

kattkrazie
10-20-16, 06:20 PM
My 3rd adventure just dropped an adorable mummy kitten. Sooooooo cute. He has an 8 hr. timer.

netwiz3
10-20-16, 06:40 PM
My 3rd adventure just dropped an adorable mummy kitten. Sooooooo cute. He has an 8 hr. timer.

Congratulations! So the adventure doesn't appear to be dropping anything needed for the long term event then?

kattkrazie
10-20-16, 06:42 PM
Congratulations! So the adventure doesn't appear to be dropping anything needed for the long term event then?

Well, he drops creep tooth and you're gonna need 75 of those, so...

comeseecomesah
10-20-16, 06:44 PM

Aww something for you to mother over☆ We all want one now.

Edit...Wooo I just collected from adventure and got....TADAAAAA. ..................a vampire puppy. Cloak, fangs and red eyes. 8 hr timer
Katt he wants to meet your adorrrrable kitten...maybe not a good idea right

To add.. other kingdom 1st Adventure got a haunted path. 2nd drop was spooky gate

kattkrazie
10-20-16, 07:01 PM
You'll need two level 4 market places in chapter 4 and a haunted cottage (my level 1 worked).

Chapter 4:

Goal 1 - Visit a Level 4 market place. (0/2)
(Find anything?)

Goal 2 - Visit a Level 3 jeweler. (0/1)
(We're running out of time!)

Goal 3 - Visit a haunted cottage. (0/1)
(This place must have something!)

Goal 4 - Journey to Sleepy Hollow. (0/2)
(This place is so dangerous!)

azriX2012
10-20-16, 07:08 PM

Nice. That's from last year's Haloween (Baron's Tent).

You can see the other possible kittens and puppies.

kdgulle
10-20-16, 07:10 PM
You'll need two level 4 market places in chapter 4 and a haunted cottage (my level 1 worked).

Chapter 4:

(Find anything?)

Can level 5 or above work with the market place.
And a level 5 jeweler work
Thanks.

nessa005
10-20-16, 07:17 PM

Chapter 4:

(Find anything?)

What does the haunted cottage look like, I can't seem to find mine.

Just found out I had to buy it....and sell a building too. We need a higher cap on buildings.

kattkrazie
10-20-16, 07:30 PM
Can level 5 or above work with the market place.
And a level 5 jeweler work
Thanks.

Yes, higher levels do work. Mine were level 6 and worked fine.

comeseecomesah
10-20-16, 07:33 PM
Hoping haunted cottage acts like a normal cottage after event. Silly if it doesn't because I wouldn't want to sell them if I needed other buildings

Yes we do need a higher cap on buildings to meet the additions.

Irma_Isle
10-20-16, 08:23 PM
Did haunted cottage can spawn werewolf from spooky trap event?

LauraGSJK
10-20-16, 08:33 PM
Thanks to everyone who posts these sneak-peek glimpses into storybook events. You guys are the best; you make this game more fun!

I agree 100% with you! Good luck to you and everyone!

Thank you so very much Spirit Wind, & everyone else who posts helpful information! It makes these events so much easier! I'm forever deeply grateful. :D

midsom
10-20-16, 09:46 PM
SW could you please find out whether it is a flying figure or a static figure, and do we have to have her if she is moving can we store her, the air space is getting so crowded we will need a control tower soon. Also if we cant store her does that mean if we dont want her and dont finish the story book do we miss out on her storyline?

haku8cafe
10-20-16, 10:23 PM
just to confirm with any low level players, I am just lvl24 ATM

Lower Leveled players = under level 40. Will post differences as they become available in this colour.

Chapter 1:
Goal 3 Give map pieces to Ivy 0/10 GIVE (skip 150 gems) [LL=0/5] | drops are from jewelers and cottages - Map pieces: Jewelers drop 1-2 each | Cottages drop 1 each

I am getting 10 map piece atm ... I hope it is just a glitch from chapter 1 can any1 who is LL confirm this... I really like the design of the witch

SpiritWind00
10-20-16, 11:55 PM
I am getting 10 map piece atm ... I hope it is just a glitch from chapter 1 can any 1 who is LL confirm this... I really like the design of the witch
LL = Lower Level; that's why I said I'd colour code it. There will only be a couple of differences, but I need players to tell me what the are so I can update post 1.

The map info of 5 was posted by another player. Does your goal screen say 0/10 or 0/5? you can hold up to 99 map pieces, so it's not what is in inventory, only what the goal asks for. Please confirm screen details. thanks.

midninghtcm
10-21-16, 12:06 AM
I have already started the event but unfortunately there is no adventure for me? Does this need to be triggersd before you can go on it?

spanisheyes1
10-21-16, 12:16 AM
LL39
I still need 10 map pieces for chapter 1 goal 3.

Another difference from page 1. I had two map pieces drop from a level 3 cottage.

haku8cafe
10-21-16, 12:17 AM
LL = Lower Level; that's why I said I'd colour code it. There will only be a couple of differences, but I need players to tell me what the are so I can update post 1.

The map info of 5 was posted by another player. Does your goal screen say 0/10 or 0/5? you can hold up to 99 map pieces, so it's not what is in inventory, only what the goal asks for. Please confirm screen details. thanks.

Give 0/10 but it is ok since it is just chapter 1 & just logging more times hopefully chapter2 onwards I will fall back to LL , once I complete this chapter1 I will try my best to report tks for the help :)

LL39

I am level24 that is pretty brutal on my side with only 1xcottage & 1xjeweler lol hopefully they dun ask me to level up lvl6 because my main goal is still not unlock for lvl6 parts

katbtodd
10-21-16, 12:18 AM
In chapter 4 do we need level 4 market and a level 3 jeweler , or can they be higher

SpiritWind00
10-21-16, 12:20 AM
Give 0/10 but it is ok since it is just chapter 1 & just logging more times hopefully chapter2 onwards I will fall back to LL , once I complete this chapter1 I will try my best to report tks for the help :)
I am level24 that is pretty brutal on my side with only 1xcottage & 1xjeweler lol hopefully they dun ask me to level up lvl6 because my main goal is still not unlock for lvl6 parts
thanks for the double check. I'll amend it to 0/10. It would be really helpful for players to see where the differences are for under Level 40 players. I read everything, so I'll keep an eye out. Thanks haku! :)

In chapter 4 do we need level 4 market and a level 3 jeweler , or can they be higher
reported earlier that any level above is ok.

LL39
Another difference from page 1. I had two map pieces drop from a level 3 cottage.
thanks! I've amended the text.

kattkrazie
10-21-16, 12:32 AM

They can be higher. Mine were level 6.

spanisheyes1
10-21-16, 12:35 AM
SW.
I know I am being picky but where do Mermaid Scales (needed for chapter 3) come from? If you could add this to the first post it would be such a help. Thank you.

katbtodd
10-21-16, 12:38 AM
They can be higher. Mine were level 6.

Thanks katt and SW

katbtodd
10-21-16, 12:41 AM
Really really , do we really need to buy a haunted cottage
I will have to sell something
Does any body know if we can use regular cottages?

katbtodd
10-21-16, 12:42 AM
I hate this new max they but on every thing

federerGOAT
10-21-16, 12:51 AM

Lower Leveled players = under level 40. Will post differences as they become available in this colour.

Chapter 1:
Goal 3 Give map pieces to Ivy 0/10 GIVE (skip 150 gems) [LL=0/5] | drops are from jewelers and cottages - Map pieces: Jewelers drop 1-2 each | Cottages drop 1 each

I am getting 10 map piece atm ... I hope it is just a glitch from chapter 1 can any1 who is LL confirm this... I really like the design of the witch

That's very strange. I'm level 28 on my second account and only needed 5 maps.

For chapter 2, only have to visit one library and collect 3 dust from the dead tree.

Don't know whether it makes any difference but this is on an apple device and I have not updated to the 17th Oct release.

katbtodd
10-21-16, 12:52 AM

For chapter 2, only have to visit one library and collect 3 dust from the dead tree.

Don't know whether it makes any difference but this is on an apple device and I have not updated to the 17th Oct release.

Thinking you should

SpiritWind00
10-21-16, 01:00 AM

The Glimmerwood Faeries up to no good again! That is indeed strange you're both seeing different numbers!

Zirilka
10-21-16, 01:02 AM

I was low level up to level 38.

aurora171
10-21-16, 01:14 AM

Chapter 1:

I'm level 39 and not considered a low level, so it might be level 30/35 or something and under!

Em_storm
10-21-16, 01:21 AM
SW could you please find out whether it is a flying figure or a static figure, and do we have to have her if she is moving can we store her, the air space is getting so crowded we will need a control tower soon. Also if we cant store her does that mean if we dont want her and dont finish the story book do we miss out on her storyline?

This is a good question. Also, if we could get that control tower- it should give us some royal points, right? ;)

RevdKathy
10-21-16, 01:24 AM
Did haunted cottage can spawn werewolf from spooky trap event?

No, but the little beggars spawn like anything when you start chopping dead trees. I've had to park one to conserve energy.

katbtodd
10-21-16, 01:34 AM
I take it since no body answered me about the haunted cottage we have to buy one , do we need more then one ,

spanisheyes1
10-21-16, 02:12 AM
I take it since no body answered me about the haunted cottage we have to buy one , do we need more then one ,
For me only. I am using ordinary cottages, they are fine. I did buy an haunted one just for the fun of it. FYI it cost the same as a normal one (1000 coins) and cost the same wood and blocks to build.
Nearly forgot. The timing is the same as well.

Edit. Whoops all the cottage details are in first post.

kattkrazie
10-21-16, 02:16 AM

You have to have at least one haunted cottage in later chapters. The first time you collect, it can be level 1. But in Chapter 7 or 8, you will need to upgrade it to level 5.

katbtodd
10-21-16, 02:18 AM
For me only. I am using ordinary cottages, they are fine. I did buy an haunted one just for the fun of it. FYI it cost the same as a normal one (1000 coins) and cost the same wood and blocks to build.
Nearly forgot. The timing is the same as well.

Thank you very much,, but heard from a neighbor , that we will need a haunted cottage ,thinking in was in chapter 4 and a level 5 haunted cottage in chapter 7 , grrrrr I dodnt want to have to buy any either.

katbtodd
10-21-16, 02:19 AM
You have to have at least one haunted cottage in later chapters. The first time you collect, it can be level 1. But in Chapter 7 or 8, you will need to upgrade it to level 5.

Thanks katt again to the recue
Is there any reason why we should get two cottage

mrootje
10-21-16, 02:32 AM
Where to find the new adventure? I don't see it in the queen's court??

katbtodd
10-21-16, 02:39 AM
Where to find the new adventure? I don't see it in the queen's court??

Think it opens up at the end of chapter two

Sirelie
10-21-16, 03:54 AM
Chapter 3:
Goal 4 Give Creep Tooth 0/75

- Uch, so much creep tooths. How gems I need for recompense?

BufftonHeights
10-21-16, 05:08 AM
Must ... Have ... Mummy ... Kitty.

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 05:35 AM
I apologize if I am repeating a question. Does the adventure become unlocked after you remove the curse on day 2? It's just not showing up in my castle. Thanks!

NM just found the answer. Ignore me.

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 05:41 AM
Is there an add me thread for this event yet? I would love some great neighbors to send me earth wisps since it seems like we'll need a lot. If you would like to trade earth wisps for me, please request to add me and then send me one: PrincessCelestian. Thanks!

aurora171
10-21-16, 05:49 AM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76392-Castle-Story-Building-Guide link for building upgrades seeing as we need them for cottages and such!

Animalioz
10-21-16, 05:50 AM
Hello :) I'm on Chapter 2- Goal 3/4 - Remove the curse from the cursed compass 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems) | Ivy's cauldron, 3 hours - 1 cursed compass, 5 witch's dust, 5 earth wisp.

I have no idea of what's going here because when I press GO, the game takes me to the market of crafting buildings, but there is no Ivy's Cauldron to purchase. And none of the crafting buildings can remove the curse... And there is also no adventure in King's Keep...

I have tried force closing the game and opened it again, but there is no possible way for me to remove the curse :( What am I missing and what do I do next?

haku8cafe
10-21-16, 06:00 AM
Hello :) I'm on Chapter 2- Goal 3/4 - Remove the curse from the cursed compass 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems) | Ivy's cauldron, 3 hours - 1 cursed compass, 5 witch's dust, 5 earth wisp.

I have no idea of what's going here because when I press GO, the game takes me to the market of crafting buildings, but there is no Ivy's Cauldron to purchase. And none of the crafting buildings can remove the curse... And there is also no adventure in King's Keep...

I have tried force closing the game and opened it again, but there is no possible way for me to remove the curse :( What am I missing and what do I do next?

check your storage under decoration since it cannot be sold

meme1098
10-21-16, 06:03 AM
SW.
I know I am being picky but where do Mermaid Scales (needed for chapter 3) come from? If you could add this to the first post it would be such a help. Thank you.

Have you checked the Inventory Guide in the Hub?

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76375-Castle-Story-Inventory-Guide

Animalioz
10-21-16, 06:10 AM
check your storage under decoration since it cannot be sold

Haha oh my... Now I almost feel stupid, I just didn't think that we were supposed to use that Boiler thing again and forgot about it. I found it and i'm removing the curse now :) Thank you so much for your quick reply :)

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 06:19 AM
Weird... Where are you located and what type of device are you using? Maybe it's regional. On the bright side since this is a Chapter event that you can usually wiat to start for 4 or 5 days, you won't lose any time and will gain more advanced information about what to prepare/put out in your kingdom. Hope your game starts working soon! :)

It did!! Now I am happily chopping away at dead trees again. Phew. That was close. The DTs were closing in on me. 😂😂😂😂

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 06:22 AM

Ha! Me too!! That went on the monster mash ball and no possibilities of cooking up any more in the near future 😔

meme1098
10-21-16, 06:25 AM
So it looks like we'll be sending out requests for items again. Don't know what chapter she's on, but just got a request from Katt for haunted steel, I think it was.

***That goal better not be requiring more than 20 requests S8. As many times as players have had problems with requests getting through to nbrs &/or getting back to them because of jam ups on the server, the number better not be 40 again!!

mrootje
10-21-16, 06:29 AM
I apologize if I am repeating a question. Does the adventure become unlocked after you remove the curse on day 2? It's just not showing up in my castle. Thanks!

NM just found the answer. Ignore me.

Please tell me??

KEC09
10-21-16, 06:29 AM
Kattkrazie, do you remember what was required in chapter 5 or any later chapters?

GarnetJ
10-21-16, 06:40 AM
So it looks like we'll be sending out requests for items again. Don't know what chapter she's on, but just got a request from Katt for haunted steel, I think it was.

***That goal better not be requiring more than 20 requests S8. As many times as players have had problems with requests getting through to nbrs &/or getting back to them because of jam ups on the server, the number better not be 40 again!!

I just wish that they made the neighbor requests earlier in the challenge. That way, if it takes a couple days to get the items we would still have time to catch up. Typically we have a lot of down time in the early chapters waiting for the next chapter to unlock, but then the neighbor challenge is on one of the last days when we risk running out of time.

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 06:49 AM
Please tell me??

It is supposed to unlock after you lift the curse. I guess they didn't want us getting all crafty again and having the adventure ready to go right away 😜

AnisWa
10-21-16, 06:53 AM
I'm finishing up Chapter 2, (goal 4), waiting on adventure to finish (2hrs). Don't know what requests we'll be challenged with, BUT, I do know, if we need lots of witch's dust, The drop rate for me has been like all the other events, slim to none. I tapped 2 dead trees with no luck, be prepared to use up the allotted 40 energies in a flash!

aurora171
10-21-16, 06:54 AM
After finishing day 2 and doing the adventure ... has the option to go on the adventure disappeared for anyone else?!

zoroak
10-21-16, 07:29 AM
After finishing day 2 and doing the adventure ... has the option to go on the adventure disappeared for anyone else?!

It disappeared for me too.

Got a vampire puppy from the sleepy hollow adventure.

Windracer321
10-21-16, 07:52 AM
Has anyone left a werebeast out (to avoid more of them) and still had witches' dust drop from dead trees? I did that and haven't had any drop at all but I don't know if it's just the tough drop rate or if it won't drop at all.

Thanks!!

Windracer321
10-21-16, 07:54 AM
Lower level Spooky Hollow needs 7 witches' dust and 2 earth wisps

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 07:55 AM
Has anyone left a werebeast out (to avoid more of them) and still had witches' dust drop from dead trees? I did that and haven't had any drop at all but I don't know if it's just the tough drop rate or if it won't drop at all.

Thanks!!

Yes I have. I seem to be getting about one per tree.

Windracer321
10-21-16, 07:59 AM
Thank you...I will leave it there then. I have enough beasts.

Yes I have. I seem to be getting about one per tree.

missharleyO3
10-21-16, 08:09 AM
Im on an Android, lv 25, from Cali and the event hasnt started on my phone. Is there a different set time for certain devices or something??

haku8cafe
10-21-16, 08:13 AM
I am lvl 24

Chapter 2:
Goal 1 Read about Spooky Hollow at the library 0/1 READ (skip 15 gems)
Goal 2 Collect Witch's dust from dead trees 0/3 GO (skip 30 gems) | Reward: Cursed Compass
Goal 3 Remove the curse from the cursed compass 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems) | Ivy's cauldron, 3 hr - 1 cursed compass, 3 witch's dust, 3 earth wisp
Goal 4 Journey to Spooky Hollow 0/1 (skip 50 gems)

so glad I am back to LL on chapter 2 :)

auroragal
10-21-16, 08:19 AM
SW.

Mermaid pond if you have one and I get them from regular ponds too. You will need a bunch of water for one of the potions so putting out an extra pond or two won't hurt.

AnisWa
10-21-16, 08:21 AM
It is supposed to unlock after you lift the curse. I guess they didn't want us getting all crafty again and having the adventure ready to go right away 😜

Most likely the case! Maybe Katt can shed some light on what we'll need for Chaper 3's adventure.

tigarlilyvol
10-21-16, 08:21 AM

Thanks!!
It is still dropping and I have a werebeast on board.

auroragal
10-21-16, 08:28 AM
Thank you very much,, but heard from a neighbor , that we will need a haunted cottage ,thinking in was in chapter 4 and a level 5 haunted cottage in chapter 7 , grrrrr I dodnt want to have to buy any either.

Thanks for heads up on the level 5 cottage. Do you know if that L5 for level of players?

nessa005
10-21-16, 08:29 AM
Does anyone know how many witch dusts we will need in total?

⚔️TSS ⚔️ #️⃣5️⃣6️⃣

88silver
10-21-16, 08:31 AM

⚔️TSS ⚔️ #️⃣5️⃣6️⃣

For days 2-4 (no one has posted days 5-10 yet), we need 55. Five to remove the curse, and 50 to do five adventures over days 2-4.

meme1098
10-21-16, 08:45 AM
For days 2-4 (no one has posted days 5-10 yet), we need 55. Five to remove the curse, and 50 to do five adventures over days 2-4.

So just keep chopping away at those trees.
Why chopping trees again, S8, when several players stated in other posts that they've run out of money buying trees & rocks so it'll be impossible for them to do this one.

GlvtenFree
10-21-16, 08:54 AM
the adventure disappeared from my keep after the first one .. i was hoping i could do more so imcould get a vampire pup.. .does it come back?

nessa005
10-21-16, 09:08 AM

Thanks, I'd forgotten the other adventures needed dust.

mrootje
10-21-16, 09:08 AM
No more dust for me after finishing chapter two :-(. No possibility to collect more dust for further chapters....Anyone else the same?

GlvtenFree
10-21-16, 09:10 AM
No more dust for me after finishing chapter two :-(. No possibility to collect more dust for further chapters....Anyone else the same?

same.
i thouht it would stick around seeing as we need more later

BufftonHeights
10-21-16, 09:36 AM

Same for me. Stupidly wasted energy on 5 trees getting nothing. Not fair. Wish I had come here first. :(:mad:

meme1098
10-21-16, 09:39 AM
same.
i thouht it would stick around seeing as we need more later

It seems like S8 is actively working against players being able to prepare in advance.

Same for me. Stupidly wasted energy on 5 trees getting nothing. Not fair. Wish I had come here first. :(:mad:

I guess I'll chop as many as possible before collecting from the adventure.

Lyzau
10-21-16, 09:48 AM
Wish I would have known this earlier! Collecting the adventure from chapter 2 = no more witch dust dropping.
I guess I'll have to wait until the adventure opens up again in chapter 3. What a waste of time and energy.

meme1098
10-21-16, 09:57 AM
Wish I would have known this earlier! Collecting the adventure from chapter 2 = no more witch dust dropping.
I guess I'll have to wait until the adventure opens up again in chapter 3. What a waste of time and energy.

Considering the abysmal drop rate, you'd think it would be around between chapters. *smh

DLL137
10-21-16, 10:03 AM
Have any LL players commented on if the amount of creep tooth needed is a bit lower for said lower level players like myself? I only have 42 and the drop rate for them for me is so bad..like I could cry cuz 75 seems completely impossible.

kattkrazie
10-21-16, 10:03 AM
Chapter 5:

Goal 1 - Collect from mushrooms (0/10)
(This will work!) Go

Goal 2 - Enchant a haunted sword (0/1)
(I can feel the power!) Go
This is done in Ivy's Cauldron - 1 potion (reward from goal 1), 10 witch's dust, 50 mushrooms. 5 hrs.

Goal 3 - Clear a dead tree (0/1)
(To find werebeasts) Go

Goal 4 - Slay werebeasts (0/25)
(Now let's bite back!) Go

Goal 5 - Journey to Sleepy Hollow (0/3)
Go

netwiz3
10-21-16, 10:04 AM

Just to confirm you are seeing the same thing as I am... Both the adventure and the ability to collect Witch Dust goes away as soon as you collect from the first Adventure right?

I'll post this early in this thread once I have confirmation and hopefully SW can post it in her posts later. Thanks!:)

kattkrazie
10-21-16, 10:05 AM
Chapter 6:

Goal 1 - Visit a level 4 stable (0/1)
(Let's rest here.) Visit

Goal 2 - Visit a level 4 conservatory (0/2)
(I feel much better now!) Visit

Goal 3 - Journey to Sleep Hollow (0/5)
Go

vaso1908
10-21-16, 10:06 AM
It doesn't make any sense that the drops stop between the chapters. Considering the drop rate it would be hardly an advantage to let us stock up a little bit. That being said, I'm very greatful to all of you who had to learn the hard way in order to provide the rest of us with such useful information.

PrincessCupOButter
10-21-16, 10:06 AM
Considering the abysmal drop rate, you'd think it would be around between chapters. *smh

I just collected from the adventure, got a pumpkin pup!, and then chopped a couple of trees....with no dust dropping. I should have come here before collecting the adventure. Sigh.

I'd also like to know if Morgaine will be a permanent 'flyer' or a stationary (storable) character? I realize I'm in the minority, but I'm not a big fan of Halloween and I'd prefer to be able to store her....but I'd also hate to miss out on any new storyline if I don't complete this one...

kattkrazie
10-21-16, 10:07 AM
Chapter 7:

Goal 1 - Give Prime Cut (0/75)
(Distract them.) The ones in inventory DO count.

Goal 2 - Slay werebeasts (0/50)
(Back, you fiends!) Go

Goal 3 - Visit a level 5 haunted cottage (0/1)
(Quick! Hide in here!) Go

Goal 4 - Journey to Sleepy Hollow (0/4)
(I am pretty over this place!)

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 10:09 AM
the adventure disappeared from my keep after the first one .. i was hoping i could do more so imcould get a vampire pup.. .does it come back?

That stinks. I was going to do multiple as materials allowed since I missed out on the mummy kitty and the vampire puppy last year in favor of the witch kitty and the pumpkin puppy.

kattkrazie
10-21-16, 10:10 AM
Chapter 8:

Goal 1 - Visit community (0/20)
(Crowd source resources)

Goal 2 - Ask neighbors for haunted steel (0/20) (Yay!)
(This is sturdy stuff!)

Goal 3 - Craft a lantern frame (0/1)
(A fine frame, indeed!) Go
This is in Ivy's Cauldron, you need 20 haunted steel, 50 iron ore, 60 silver. Takes 4 hrs.

Goal 4 - Journey to Sleep Hollow (0/3)
Go!

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 10:11 AM

It seems like S8 is actively working against players being able to prepare in advance.

Wow that's good to know. I won't check my adventure until the morning and keep getting that dust!! It does seem like they are actively working against us to prepare. Thanks to all the players that are warning us!!

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 10:15 AM

Chapter 5:

(This will work!) Go

This is done in Ivy's Cauldron - 1 potion (reward from goal 1), 10 witch's dust, 50 mushrooms. 5 hrs.

(To find werebeasts) Go

Go

25 werebeasts?!?!! Holy cow!!!! That's somewhere between 150 and 200 energy just on that one goal!!! Maybe more depending on how much you have to chop to spawn one (although from what I have experienced it's only one chop to spawn one)

ninjalejones
10-21-16, 10:15 AM
I guess I caught a lucky break, I was still on my first cup of coffee when I collected from the keep this morning and automatically sent my knights off on a 22 hour adventure, lol. I've been debating speeding it up to finish the chapter but now I'm happily chopping trees and ****ing werebeasts left and right :)

Thanks to everyone who's gemming ahead and giving us a chance to keep up ��

GarnetJ
10-21-16, 10:16 AM
I wish I would have checked here before collecting the adventure :/ Don't understand why we can keep collecting dust in between chapters. How frustrating.

ninjalejones
10-21-16, 10:17 AM
Btw, I'm consistently getting dust on the last chop so for me it's at a 20% drop rate. The werebeasts are too many to count, lol

netwiz3
10-21-16, 10:21 AM
Btw, I'm consistently getting dust on the last chop so for me it's at a 20% drop rate. The werebeasts are too many to count, lol

Too many to count meaning 1 right? Because you leave it parked and collect trees elsewhere until you need the werebeasts. ;)

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 10:21 AM

Chapter 7:

(Back, you fiends!) Go

Okay. Not to be the first one to pull the "that's not possible in one day" card but 50 werebeasts is somewhere around 400 energy to **** and 4 adventures would take 8 hours to complete. Someone who is better at the math please look into this. I think this isn't possible with sleep or without gems. I think the prize is awesome but I am a little bummed that the requirements are so intense and we are STILL working on the rare monsters. PLUS we only had 2 days in between events and didn't have any time to restock on materials. At this rate, I am going to have to pick between timed events and the Elven storyline and I really don't want to have to do that. I am one of the biggest fans of times events and I love them but this is getting exhausting.

Anaboe
10-21-16, 10:23 AM
25 werebeasts?!?!! Holy cow!!!! That's somewhere between 150 and 200 energy just on that one goal!!! Maybe more depending on how much you have to chop to spawn one (although from what I have experienced it's only one chop to spawn one)

25 werebeasts on this day, and 50 (!!) 2 days later... That's quite a lot... I'm almost feeling like quiting this game... Last event, because I missed out on 3 days of play-time due illness, I had to wake up every two hours during te night in order to finish in time... Even tho I had over 100 horses...

And now? Even more luck-based and time consuming... the Elves require me to make 4 Spellbound Beams and 4 Spelbound Blocks, the crafting of the ghosts, werewolf and mummy is going nowhere because they just won't spawn, and now this event?

I'm a long, long time player, played since shortly after the Love Shack, still sorry I missed out on that one, and have played each and every event ever since - and never lost even 1! But this is getting rediculous....

netwiz3
10-21-16, 10:26 AM
Wow that's good to know. I won't check my adventure until the morning and keep getting that dust!! It does seem like they are actively working against us to prepare. Thanks to all the players that are warning us!!

I added a warning to Post 4 on the first page. Try to collect as much Witch Dust as possible before collecting from the last adventure of each day. :)

ninjalejones
10-21-16, 10:31 AM
Too many to count meaning 1 right? Because you leave it parked and collect trees elsewhere until you need the werebeasts. ;)

Hahaha, not yet, I think there's still room for a werebeast or two in my kingdom... I usually just park a troll otherwise, I have the trollpit in a far corner, away from anything that it can be a nuisance around ;)

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 10:31 AM
I added a warning to Post 4 on the first page. Try to collect as much Witch Dust as possible before collecting from the last adventure of each day. :)

I think I am just going to collect the last adventure on that next morning 😜

88silver
10-21-16, 10:42 AM
Chapter 6:

(Let's rest here.) Visit

Go

If anyone doesn't already have a level 4+ conservatory, note that it takes 75 orange petals to upgrade from level 3 to level 4. We need to give 75 orange petals tomorrow. So keep that in mind when timing your upgrades.

kattkrazie
10-21-16, 10:48 AM
This is an energy intensive quest in later chapters. While waiting for the next chapter to start, I recommend that you max out your faerie elixir and try to keep it maxed. It will be a valuable asset.

netwiz3
Hahaha, not yet, I think there's still room for a werebeast or two in my kingdom... I usually just park a troll otherwise, I have the trollpit in a far corner, away from anything that it can be a nuisance around ;)
Well apparently you are going to get the "opportunity" to **** at least 75(Can't add) of them later in this event which if they drop 1.5 cursed fur will allow you to make at least 2 of them when combined with other ****s and if you get lucky will also get a couple/few pet drops in those 75. I would try to focus on everything else first and then if you run out of things to prepare for based on Katt's info and still have energy beat away at the werebeasts. :)

meme1098
Chapter 5:

(This will work!) Go

(To find werebeasts) Go

Go

Chapter 6:

(Let's rest here.) Visit

Go

Chapter 7:

(Back, you fiends!) Go

12 adventures??? 75 Werebeasts???:confused:

What the heck, S8?? How in the world is this even possible?

Unless witches dust drops are increased to 90% & werebeasts spawn with every dead tree this is just out of reach!!

Lesimony
10-21-16, 10:53 AM
Goal 1 Read about Spooky Hollow at the library 0/2 READ (skip 30 gems) | [COLOR="#800080"]LL 0/2
I'm level 27 and I only have to visit 1 Library. I have a screenshot but can't figure out how to post it.

I also only need 3 Witch's Dust and 3 Earth Wisp to remove the curse from the compass.

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 11:02 AM
12 adventures??? 75 Werebeasts???:confused:

What the heck, S8?? How in the world is this even possible?

Unless witches dust drops are increased to 90% & werebeasts spawn with every dead tree this is just out of reach!!

I will definitely have to put the spooky trap quest on the backburner again when I get to day 5 which really upsets me. I have invested a lot of time and energy (and some real money) into that these last 4 or 5 days and am not about 40% of the way to collecting each monster. If I could keep focusing on that for next 12 days that it is out then I think I could collect all of them. Sadly with these types of numbers, there is no way I can keep focusing on the spooky trap 😥😥😥 it really does seem like they just want us to spend gems to finish that one I love having one timed event going with about a 3-4 day break in between. But I am not a fan of a new expansive goal line (Elven) and two energy intensive events going at the same time. It's too much. We need to be able to collect more energy or we need less to do. I am starting to get exhausted. If another massive event pops up after this one, I am seriously considering sitting it out.

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 11:03 AM
This is an energy intensive quest in later chapters. While waiting for the next chapter to start, I recommend that you max out your faerie elixir and try to keep it maxed. It will be a valuable asset.

How?!!!!??? Haha. I can't even think about collecting petals at this point. I used all of my faerie elixir for monster mash and while I can use the mushrooms to start making more, I am nowhere even close to my first one and I have no red petals hardly atm.

castle1423
10-21-16, 11:06 AM
Do we still get the witches dust after we've finished chapter 2 goal 4?!? I have copped at least 15 trees with no more drops.

Also any insight to what chapter 3 will hold??

Thanks!!

I could use some active players before we start sending out requests.
castle1423

netwiz3
10-21-16, 11:11 AM
Do we still get the witches dust after we've finished chapter 2 goal 4?!? I have copped at least 15 trees with no more drops.

Also any insight to what chapter 3 will hold??

Thanks!!

I could use some active players before we start sending out requests.
castle1423

Check out posts 1-4 on the first page of this thread... I think all the answers are there now... If something still isn't clear let us know and we'll try to answer it. :)

auroragal
10-21-16, 11:12 AM
Thanks! Does creep tooth come from the monster stable or any other buildings? I forget if I am maxed or where to get it. Scrolling inventory to find is annoying.

Lower Level (34) only asked for 25 creep tooth FYI

auroragal
10-21-16, 11:24 AM
I will definitely have to put the spooky trap quest on the backburner again when I get to day 5 which really upsets me. I have invested a lot of time and energy (and some real money) into that these last 4 or 5 days and am not about 40% of the way to collecting each monster. If I could keep focusing on that for next 12 days that it is out then I think I could collect all of them. Sadly with these types of numbers, there is no way I can keep focusing on the spooky trap 😥😥😥 it really does seem like they just want us to spend gems to finish that one I love having one timed event going with about a 3-4 day break in between. But I am not a fan of a new expansive goal line (Elven) and two energy intensive events going at the same time. It's too much. We need to be able to collect more energy or we need less to do. I am starting to get exhausted. If another massive event pops up after this one, I am seriously considering sitting it out.

As someone who has none of the Alicorns that can drop full energy - I feel this pinch too. I am either collecting rent or feeding animals. I can never do both. Wish there more options for energy other than purchase and the fairy elixir which I find a huge waste of resource for little return. The elven crop boost will help to make strawberries and glimmer berries faster for the trade building though. But still feels like taking the long way to get somewhere.

MoonVillage3
10-21-16, 11:28 AM

Thanks for this hint Katt..
maybe we could prepare what needed to assemble some Faerie Elixer, needed to make extra energy in the Green House, while waiting for the next day to start.. whenever possible.
the later chapters of this event seems very trying on energy.. whatever we can prepare will be of help.

bwunderbach
10-21-16, 11:34 AM

⚔️TSS ⚔️ #️⃣5️⃣6️⃣

185 through Chapter 8

auroragal
10-21-16, 11:35 AM
Have any LL players commented on if the amount of creep tooth needed is a bit lower for said lower level players like myself? I only have 42 and the drop rate for them for me is so bad..like I could cry cuz 75 seems completely impossible.

It was 25 for me at L34

netwiz3
10-21-16, 11:47 AM

It was 25 for me at L34

... and don't forget to collect from pets and previous animal prizes as they are pretty common drops from them(check hub for a semi-complete list)

netwiz3
10-21-16, 12:01 PM
As someone who has none of the Alicorns that can drop full energy - I feel this pinch too. I am either collecting rent or feeding animals. I can never do both. Wish there more options for energy other than purchase and the fairy elixir which I find a huge waste of resource for little return. The elven crop boost will help to make strawberries and glimmer berries faster for the trade building though. But still feels like taking the long way to get somewhere.

Thanks for this hint Katt..
maybe we could prepare what needed to assemble some Faerie Elixer, needed to make extra energy in the Green House, while waiting for the next day to start.. whenever possible.
the later chapters of this event seems very trying on energy.. whatever we can prepare will be of help.

It was 25 for me at L34

With the info so far, we'll need every type of storeable energy possible on Chapter 7... If at all possible DO NOT use any energy boxes, elixir, etc until Chapter 7... Try the best you can to stockpile this storeable energy and only use Any Ali's you have(I only have the 4-100 ali's as well) as well as the Wizard's schools to get past the other chapters.

Also if you have 7 day horses that give 40 energy save that for day 7(or later) as well. Hopefully more information will come to light that makes this more likely.

My jaded guess is there will be an "unlimited energy" for purchase on those days that I'll refuse to buy as always. Day 7 still looks near impossible if you can't start ****ing the werebeasts early or send out adventures until the previous goal is done... Hopefully chapters 8-10 don't make things any worse.

Just don't spend a lot of money or storeable energy until those last 3 chapters are revealed else it could all go to waste. :(

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 12:03 PM
With the info so far, we'll need every type of storeable energy possible on Chapter 7... If at all possible DO NOT use any energy boxes, elixir, etc until Chapter 7... Try the best you can to stockpile this storeable energy and only use Any Ali's you have(I only have the 4-100 ali's as well) as well as the Wizard's schools to get past the other chapters.

Also if you have 7 day horses that give 40 energy save that for day 7(or later) as well. Hopefully more information will come to light that makes this more likely.

My jaded guess is there will be an "unlimited energy" for purchase on those days that I'll refuse to buy as always. Day 7 still looks near impossible if you can't start ****ing the werebeasts early or send out adventures until the previous goal is done... Hopefully chapters 8-10 don't make things any worse.

Just don't spend a lot of money or storeable energy until those last 3 chapters are revealed else it could all go to waste. :(

Sigh. All of my storable energy went to monster bash

nateryd
10-21-16, 12:06 PM

Thanks!!

I'm on here looking for the EXACT same answer!!!! Parked beast NO witches dust! ( 5 dead trees!!! And nothing!!)

pieandcream
10-21-16, 12:12 PM

wait, so we can collect if EVERY day before last journey is completed or ONLY on day 2?

r41pi
10-21-16, 12:15 PM
I have one parked and I am collecting dust. I have not completed the last part of chapter 2.

netwiz3
10-21-16, 12:20 PM
I'm on here looking for the EXACT same answer!!!! Parked beast NO witches dust! ( 5 dead trees!!! And nothing!!)

What step are you on? It seems the dust stops dropping at least on chapter 2 after you've collected from the adventure and are waiting on day 3.

netwiz3
10-21-16, 12:22 PM
Sigh. All of my storable energy went to monster bash

Just do the best you can to create/collect anything you can... Also put the elf trades on hold unless it it VERY unimportant items that don't appear involved in the next few days of this event... If you're trades are like mine, ignoring a couple will actually make the next one easier and the easiest one's are the one's that ended up giving gold ruins.

nateryd
10-21-16, 12:24 PM
Oh wow!!! Just read about 5 pages of posts!! All I can say is this 😳
Why in earth can we not stock pile this witches dust??? We're obliviously going to need it...
And again 😳....LOL

aurora171
10-21-16, 01:06 PM
Oh wow!!! Just read about 5 pages of posts!! All I can say is this ��
Why in earth can we not stock pile this witches dust??? We're obliviously going to need it...
And again ��....LOL

This is a relief lol, I was starting to think that I was going mad!! Next time the dust comes available I guess we're all gonna have to collect like crazy!

nukesters2
10-21-16, 01:39 PM
Chapter 7:

(Back, you fiends!) Go

Slay 50 FIFTY? were beasts? how is this even possible in one day? oh dear! do you remember how many gems to skip that item?

kattkrazie
10-21-16, 01:39 PM
Chapter 9:

Goal 1 - Collect Ghost Orbs. (0/20)
(Collect from watchtowers and lantern spires) (Note: each collection drops 1-3)
Reward is cursed lantern.

Goal 2 - Use the Ghost Orbs to make a haunted lantern. (0/1)
(Ah! Blessed yet creepy light!) Go
Requires 1 cursed lantern (reward from doing goal 1), 20 ghost orbs, 50 glimmerdust. Takes 4 hrs.

Goal 3 - Journey to Sleep Hollow (0/3)
(This place is rather dreary...)

kattkrazie
10-21-16, 01:43 PM
Chapter 10:

Goal 1 - Collect haunted straw from farmhouses. (0/50)
(For our broom to be!) Go

Goal 2 - Craft a witch's broom. (0/1)
(For her livelihood!) Go
Requires 1 banner pole, 50 haunted straw (from farmhouses), 20 living wood. Takes 6 hrs.
(Each farmhouse drops 2-3 straw per collection.)

Goal 3 - Help the witch faerie in Sleepy Hollow. (0/6)
(Enough of these woods!)

Getting Morgaine triggers a new quest in goal book (Where the Witchy Things Are) and storybook closes.

nukesters2
10-21-16, 01:44 PM

I have a sale right now, for 125 energy, 50 dust and 5 spooky traps, for $13.99 (I'm in canada) but it's only good for 4 days! this should have come up on day 7 for me :(

kattkrazie
10-21-16, 01:55 PM
Slay 50 FIFTY? were beasts? how is this even possible in one day? oh dear! do you remember how many gems to skip that item?

No, sorry but I don't remember. I fought the werebeasts and did not gem skip it. The good news is that werebeasts are extremely easy to spawn, sometimes 3 with just one tree. Plus they give back energy when they die so it doesn't require 8 energy per beast. I fought the 50 in about 35 min. but have alicorns so didn't have to wait for energy to recharge.

MoonVillage3
10-21-16, 01:58 PM
Chapter 10:
..... Reward is Morgaine - she flies around kingdom on a broom.
Getting Morgaine triggers a new quest in goal book (Where the Witchy Things Are) and storybook closes.

Thank you Katt for all your energy involved to complete and posting info.. you're the best!
And now even more enthusiastic to welcome Morgaine flying around our kingdom.

nukesters2
10-21-16, 02:02 PM
No, sorry but I don't remember. I fought the werebeasts and did not gem skip it. The good news is that werebeasts are extremely easy to spawn, sometimes 3 with just one tree. Plus they give back energy when they die so it doesn't require 8 energy per beast. I fought the 50 in about 35 min. but have alicorns so didn't have to wait for energy to recharge.

thankyou! She is so beautiful flying around your kingdom!! thankyou so much for taking the time to post all the information you do! :)

Em_storm
10-21-16, 02:04 PM
Can someone at S8 turn down the dire boar dial? That's all that seems to be spawning for me. :p It's making finding werewolves and mummies considerably more difficult...

ashley224
10-21-16, 02:04 PM
Chapter 10:

WOW! Katt amazing! A new record for sure. Thank you for posting and helping everyone else. You are precious. Hope your wisps keep gifting in, a small gesture of appreciation from all.

netwiz3
10-21-16, 02:17 PM
Chapter 10:

(For her livelihood!) Go
Requires 1 flag pole, 50 haunted straw (from farmhouses), 20 living wood. Takes 6 hrs.

(Enough of these woods!)

Thanks Katt for all the details and congratulations on being the first to get Morgaine!!!

If I'm adding right it looks like will need a total of 305 Witch's Dust and since it maxes at 99 will need to have 90 total left available in Chapters 9 and 10. Luckily the later chapters DON'T appear to be so energy intense(other than searching for dust if haven't been able to save/find enough).

IF you have all the buildings and items used for potions, etc without using up more energy it looks like Chapter 7 is the most challenging day of the event... Luckily Day 8 looks like it requires next to no energy and very little time so even if you roll over from Day 7 into Day 8 there may be enough time.

I'll try to come up with a backwards strategy for those interested later.

Chapter 10 may cause time problems with 6 Adventures required after a 6 hour craft to create the broom.

Check back in later!

MoonVillage3
10-21-16, 02:20 PM
TO MAKE LIFE EASIER.. A COLLECTION OF kattkrazie's "SPOOKY HOLLOW" CHAPTERS

Chapter 3:

(Go)

Chapter 4:

(Find anything?)

Chapter 5:

(This will work!) Go

(To find werebeasts) Go

Go

Chapter 6:

(Let's rest here.) Visit

Go

Chapter 7:

(Back, you fiends!) Go

Chapter 8:

Goal 1 - Visit community (0/20)
(Crowd source resources)

Goal 2 - Ask neighbors for haunted steel (0/20) (Yay!)
(This is sturdy stuff!)

Goal 3 - Craft a lantern frame (0/1)
(A fine frame, indeed!) Go
This is in Ivy's Cauldron, you need 20 haunted steel, 50 iron ore, 60 silver. Takes 4 hrs.

Goal 4 - Journey to Sleep Hollow (0/3)
Go!

Chapter 9:

Goal 1 - Collect Ghost Orbs. (0/20)
(Collect from watchtowers and lantern spires) (Note: each collection drops 1-3)
Reward is cursed lantern.

Goal 2 - Use the Ghost Orbs to make a haunted lantern. (0/1)
(Ah! Blessed yet creepy light!) Go
Requires 1 cursed lantern (reward from doing goal 1), 20 ghost orbs, 50 glimmerdust. Takes 4 hrs.

Goal 3 - Journey to Sleep Hollow (0/3)
(This place is rather dreary...)

Chapter 10:

(For her livelihood!) Go
Requires 1 flag pole, 50 haunted straw (from farmhouses), 20 living wood. Takes 6 hrs.

(Enough of these woods!)

A HUGE THANK YOU!!!

Windracer321
10-21-16, 02:30 PM
It happened to me too, and I have two games on two devices. Same story. No more dust when the Adventure isn't showing up as an option.

meme1098
10-21-16, 02:32 PM
So it takes 6 hours to craft the broom & then you have to go on 6 more 2 hour adventures??? That's 18 hours for day 10! You cannot be off by much between all those adventures... again **smh**

Not sure I even want to tackle it now. That just way too much!

Windracer321
10-21-16, 02:33 PM
I feel like Charlie Brown at Halloween. The Spooky Hollow gives mummy kittens and vampire puppies and I get (drum roll please).....sap.

ninjalejones
10-21-16, 02:37 PM
O.o 50 werebeasts? For a purple, female leprechaun? I mean seriously... LOL!

zoroak
10-21-16, 02:40 PM
So it takes 6 hours to craft the broom & then you have to go on 6 more 2 hour adventures??? That's 18 hours for day 10! You cannot be off by much between all those adventures... again **smh**

Chapter 10 is pretty much only possible to complete without gems if you play round the clock without sleeping. Don't forget the 50 haunted straws from farmhouses in step 1. I'll have 10 farmhouses out but not sure if straws are rare drops or not.

nateryd
10-21-16, 02:46 PM
I feel like Charlie Brown at Halloween. The Spooky Hollow gives mummy kittens and vampire puppies and I get (drum roll please).....sap.

L O L!!!!! I got a haunted path piece!! Hahah. I'm dying over here!! Hahahah. Charlie Brown!! Hahah

ashley224
10-21-16, 02:58 PM

Chapter 10 is pretty much only possible to complete without gems if you play round the clock without sleeping. Don't forget the 50 haunted straws from farmhouses in step 1. I'll have 10 farmhouses out but not sure if straws are rare drops or not.

I think it depends on what time of your day reset is. The luckiest players will get the 6 hour craft going before they go to sleep. Alternatively, go to bed early and get up early for day 10. I don't usually set my alarm at night for Castle Story but I may make an exception for chapter 10 and set my alarm for reset (3am for me), get the craft going and then go back to sleep. It will depend on how many gems it costs to skip the crafting and/or adventures on day 10. Sleep is more valuable than a few gems. But I agree, players shouldn't be forced to use gems and most people sleep more than 6 hours.

Lesimony
10-21-16, 02:59 PM
Chapter 10:

Requires 1 flag pole, 50 haunted straw (from farmhouses), 20 living wood.
Where does the flagpole come from? Or is it the banner pole you can craft in the workshop?

kattkrazie
10-21-16, 03:02 PM
Where does the flagpole come from? Or is it the banner pole you can craft in the workshop?

Oops. It's a banner pole rather than flagpole.

kattkrazie
10-21-16, 03:03 PM

They are not rare drops. I got 2 or 3 with each collection.

zoroak
10-21-16, 03:13 PM
They are not rare drops. I got 2 or 3 with each collection.

Thanks. So to get 50 straws from 10 farmhouses, it'll probably be 20 mins plus 6h craft, plus 12h from adventures, this is going to be tight and impossible without gems for me as the game resets at 8am for me. I won't be setting my alarm clock to collect from adventures! The multiple adventures at the end of each chapter makes it rather difficult for most people in the European time zones to play, not to mention the chapters start at the beginning of a working day for us.

88silver
10-21-16, 03:22 PM

Yeah. This event crosses the line from "a fun challenge" to "frustrating/stressful".

I can do without another flying character in my kingdom. But something tells me that her goals that you get must give a good reward. I'm really curious what the building and cauldron on the splash screen about this event will do.

Lesimony
10-21-16, 03:24 PM
Oops. It's a banner pole rather than flagpole.

Thanks.

More info for low levels -at level 27 I need 7 Witch's Dust and 2 Earth Wisp for the Spooky Hollow adventure.

ninjalejones
10-21-16, 03:35 PM
Is the final day on the 29th? I'm on GMT so my day resets at 7am making the final day a pain unless it's that date. We're having elections in my part of the world so I'll be staying up anyway...

kattkrazie
10-21-16, 03:42 PM
Yeah. This event crosses the line from "a fun challenge" to "frustrating/stressful".

I can do without another flying character in my kingdom. But something tells me that her goals that you get must give a good reward. I'm really curious what the building and cauldron on the splash screen about this event will do.

The cauldron is used to make frog potion which is used to get Morgaine's Den. After I got her den, the goals stopped. The den only drops coins. Hope that helps.

dragginalong
10-21-16, 03:49 PM

You are not alone.... I got bones.

88silver
10-21-16, 04:09 PM
The cauldron is used to make frog potion which is used to get Morgaine's Den. After I got her den, the goals stopped. The den only drops coins. Hope that helps.

That does help a lot!

So doing this and the following goals gives us a new character, a new coin building, and maybe a few deco items? If so, I won't feel bad about not completing it.

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 04:16 PM

I sold most of my farmhouses to get cottages to spawn werewolves. It would be really nice if s8 made that days goals in line with the spooky trap just like it has the ghost orbs. It's insane for them to expect us to have so many buildings when we can only have 40 total town buildings. Either up the limit s8 or have haunted straw drop from cottages and farmhouses.

haku8cafe
10-21-16, 04:37 PM
I am lvl 24

Chapter 2:
Goal 1 Read about Spooky Hollow at the library 0/1 READ (skip 15 gems)
Goal 2 Collect Witch's dust from dead trees 0/3 GO (skip 30 gems) | Reward: Cursed Compass
Goal 3 Remove the curse from the cursed compass 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems) | Ivy's cauldron, 3 hr - 1 cursed compass, 3 witch's dust, 3 earth wisp
Goal 4 Journey to Spooky Hollow 0/1 (skip 50 gems)

so glad I am back to LL on chapter 2 :)

Journey to Spooky Hollow Adventure
Adventure Requirement: 7 witch's dust, 2 earth wisps | Castle only: 2 hours

Windracer321
10-21-16, 05:09 PM
I am making and storing farmhouses one at a time to get ready. I only had 2.

I sold most of my farmhouses to get cottages to spawn werewolves. It would be really nice if s8 made that days goals in line with the spooky trap just like it has the ghost orbs. It's insane for them to expect us to have so many buildings when we can only have 40 total town buildings. Either up the limit s8 or have haunted straw drop from cottages and farmhouses.

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 05:24 PM
I am making and storing farmhouses one at a time to get ready. I only had 2.

Sadly that means that I would have to sell some cottages since I am maxed on town buildings and they would mean that I would decrease my chances of obtaining the werewolf :-/ I hate having to choose what I want. We should be able to reasonably get everything if we play as much as I do!

ninjalejones
10-21-16, 05:26 PM
Sadly that means that I would have to sell some cottages since I am maxed on town buildings and they would mean that I would decrease my chances of obtaining the werewolf :-/ I hate having to choose what I want. We should be able to reasonably get everything if we play as much as I do!

Do you have marketplaces to sell? They aren't that expencive to replace?

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 05:29 PM
Do you have marketplaces to sell? They aren't that expencive to replace?

I just checked my inventory. I have 6 farmhouses. All of my marketplaces are leveled up so I wouldn't want to sell those. I have 3 taverns that I could possibly dispose of. How many farmhouses should we realistically set out?

ktorewqas
10-21-16, 05:34 PM
Chapter 10:

(For her livelihood!) Go
Requires 1 banner pole, 50 haunted straw (from farmhouses), 20 living wood. Takes 6 hrs.
(Each farmhouse drops 2-3 straw per collection.)

(Enough of these woods!)

New quest? After chapter story? I wonder what it's about? Is it worth to finish this chapter thing? Thanks again and again :D

ninjalejones
10-21-16, 05:38 PM
10 min collection time on farmhouses and 2-3 straws per collection... 10 would fill you up in half an hour.

mayennalee
10-21-16, 05:55 PM
Ok. So its the 22nd here in Aust and this event hasnt popped up yet?

Am I supposed to be using a new version or is this an apple only event?

* im now going to go back 24 pages and see if I can see if this has been asked already * :)

meme1098
10-21-16, 06:09 PM
Yes, IOS had an CS app update at the beginning of the week. Not sure about android though.

mayennalee
10-21-16, 06:16 PM
Yes, IOS had an CS app update at the beginning of the week. Not sure about android though.

Ok. Thank you. I will go and have a look. Its supposed to update automatically, so we will see :)

Just another question.
I noticed that the wonderful Katt mentioned that getting to level 10 and finshing, opened another story book quest. Is this now part of the main storyline and Does it still trigger in some other way if you dont do this one? Or do you just miss out?

ETA. found the update.

Ajennifer1016
10-21-16, 06:31 PM
Is this not for android? I have the newest version installed.

88silver
10-21-16, 06:33 PM

There was an Android update a day or two ago. Do you have that? I'm on Android and the storybook icon to start it is in the usual spit on the right hand side.

fish63
10-21-16, 06:38 PM
Please a gem sale! Please!

PrincessCelestian
10-21-16, 06:43 PM
Please a gem sale! Please!

Oh I am sure they will

mayennalee
10-21-16, 06:47 PM

Yes I found it. Its not an update, its a new install. The game is called Castle Story Halloween. Once you install that you will find the quest pop up.

auroragal
10-21-16, 06:50 PM

I was getting lots of dust with a parked beast but only if there was an adventure underway/needed. Once the adventure disappears the dust does too returning at end of chapter for more adventures.

kattkrazie
10-21-16, 07:03 PM
Ok. Thank you. I will go and have a look. Its supposed to update automatically, so we will see :)

Just another question.
I noticed that the wonderful Katt mentioned that getting to level 10 and finshing, opened another story book quest. Is this now part of the main storyline and Does it still trigger in some other way if you dont do this one? Or do you just miss out?

ETA. found the update.

After Morgaine enters your kingdom, a 4-part goal begins in the left side goal book. When you complete the four goals, the reward is Morgaine's den. I made notes and will post those goals later since they might confuse some players. It's separate from the storybook quest.

hkcorrigan
10-21-16, 07:05 PM
After Morgaine enters your kingdom, a 4-part goal begins in the left side goal book. When you complete the four goals, the reward is Morgaine's den. I made notes and will post those goals later since they might confuse some players. It's separate from the storybook quest.

Thank you!!! Maybe a new thread with those goals/story line?
Katt, are the new goals timed?