PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story : 10/20 Update - Spooky Hollow Event | 10/20 - 11/02

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

FridayFarms
10-29-16, 08:34 AM
Yup, here I am waiting for responses and haunted steel. Thank you to those 13 neighbors who already responded! Went to the add-me thread and invited a bunch of names, but who knows what time zones those players are in. Then if/when they accept, I'll still need to ask for steel. Not fun when I have time to play today and am totally stuck.

dragoniakingdom
10-29-16, 08:53 AM
[/B]arms;1362664]Yup, here I am waiting for responses and haunted steel. Thank you to those 13 neighbors who already responded! Went to the add-me thread and invited a bunch of names, but who knows what time zones those players are in. Then if/when they accept, I'll still need to ask for steel. Not fun when I have time to play today and am totally stuck.
Add me if you like (If,see my earlier post )the request comes through I'll send the steel right away.

edit to add: I'm in Australia time zone so only on for 2 more hours at most

PrincessCelestian
10-29-16, 09:27 AM
Phew. My kingdom is back to some semblance of normal after all of these crazy building changes in the past few weeks. Let hope it can stay that way for half a minute. . . I am looking forward to meeting Morgaine in t-minus 8 hours. Oh wait. And then finding a place for her house. What is the footprint on that? Has anyone said? That way I can start planning for it.

I again woke up at a ridiculous time and couldn't go back to sleep (5am) so I took advantage and checked my farmhouses and then started my craft. Made it much more possible. It actually would have made the 6 hour craft time doable but I am super glad that they changed that. Took a lot of stress off of me for today. I hope the server bugs get worked out. Feel free to add me if you need a neighbor. I am addicted and own my own business so I check in way more than I should during the day. At least every half hour or so while I am awake

yummy_bistro
10-29-16, 09:31 AM
My event icon says will expire one day after I click
But still no where near 2/11
Which is accurate?

Thx

dragoniakingdom
10-29-16, 09:40 AM
My event icon says will expire one day after I click
But still no where near 2/11
Which is accurate?

Thx

When it goes under 24 hours click on the icon it should then give the time left in hours & min

PrincessCelestian
10-29-16, 09:58 AM
This is what your outside timer will look like if you have under 24 hours. If you have over 24 hours it will say 2 days.

dragoniakingdom
10-29-16, 10:49 AM
S8 please as an urgent matter,look at the request part. I have added players that were not getting their requests filled & 2 hours later their requests (from the new added players) have not arrived.
In my opinion the only fair & decent thing to do would be to extend the time as it is an issue beyond player control.

MoonVillage3
10-29-16, 10:54 AM
This looked like a fun event and one which was just possible with good planning in advance, but the server is either down again or blocked up with too many users. We need a lighter last day to catch up or an improved server. Please S8 don't set up a 10 day event that is too demanding for your server. It really just takes the fun out of what is (yes really) a game.

Not looking forward to tomorrow when I will need 20 responses from neighbours, many of whom are in US so play much later in the day than those of us in UK, where reset is 8 am.
Arrg we put the clocks back tonight!

Yup, here I am waiting for responses and haunted steel. Thank you to those 13 neighbors who already responded! Went to the add-me thread and invited a bunch of names, but who knows what time zones those players are in. Then if/when they accept, I'll still need to ask for steel. Not fun when I have time to play today and am totally stuck.

There are always a majority of posts complaining about neighbors requests for items needed... each time we have them. Even if a thoughtful system of producers to make players contact each other.. this should not be done during a timed goal.

There are too many difficulties a single player has to face and not of their choice, nor, can they resolve even working hard or overtime. These goals are litterly in the hands of the S8 server, if you proceed or not. Which then becomes S8 piloting the game.. instead of personal capacity and planning.
It's a method to make players angry.. thus deleting many active neighbors, thinking they did not return request or not active.. when the truth is.. the request may not have been even delivered at all.

It's always a chance, it's always luck, it's always complaints who gets through or not.. instead of a positive useful action.

ginourmous
10-29-16, 11:13 AM
I am getting steel request from players and it says sent 2 days ago and i just got them. I play my game a lot during events and always respond to request as i get them. This is bot fair because i am sure people didn't getmy request and after 2 days of waiting andmissing 1 i had to spend 8 gems. Of course i though i had 2 days to finish then the timer says 24 hrs a little later. If we have 1 day 3 hrs left it should NOT say 2 days. So frustrated. I really wanted the reward and this is the first one i will not finish

FridayFarms
10-29-16, 11:14 AM
Thanks to some of my old neighbors and new neighbors, I can finally move on. Just frustrating since I sent out my first requests at 2 AM so I wouldn't get stuck. Who knows if those requests were ever received on the other end or not. (I had about 50 neighbors, now a lot more.)

kattkrazie
10-29-16, 11:18 AM
It's not that your neighbours aren't reliable,they probably did not receive the request as the S8 servers were struggling under all the requests (not a player fault at all).
As an example I received 5 requests for steel up to 20 hours after they were sent.

Not a good idea to have the neighbour requests in a timed event at all.

The requests you receive 20 hrs. later isn't necessarily a glitch or server overload issue. It just means that those neighbors sent out more than 20 requests. I sent out 25 so after I received the allotted 20, five of my neighbors didn't receive the requests until the 2nd day. So I got 5 more steel that I didn't need on the second day.

jlpotts
10-29-16, 11:28 AM
I have busted my ass to keep up with this so I could finish it. That's not going to happen now. I collected my hay started to make the boom. Went to collect the broom. No broom 46 hay, can't get any more hay. Can't finish it. Not a happy camper. Halloween is my favorite holiday.

kattkrazie
10-29-16, 11:35 AM
I have busted my ass to keep up with this so I could finish it. That's not going to happen now. I collected my hay started to make the boom. Went to collect the broom. No broom 46 hay, can't get any more hay. Can't finish it. Not a happy camper. Halloween is my favorite holiday.

Maybe force close then collect from farmhouses. They stop producing hay when you reach 50, so after closing and reopening your game, it will see that you need 4 more hay. Worth a try since you've made it this far.

VersaceMorrow
10-29-16, 11:40 AM
Hi, do you know about the add me thread? :) I don't know how I paste the link here, but if you go to page 1, the link will be right under SpiritWind00's description of Chapter 8 :) I have 182 neighbors and sent out request to all of them, I got 40 haunted steel back :) So there was actually 142 neighbors who didn't respond. My point is, if you really like to participate on events like I do, you should add more neighbors :p
I have about 250 neighbors, that's not the problem. Only 20 requests per day get sent. If any one of those 20 doesn't respond, you have to wait until the next day to get more responses.

jlpotts
10-29-16, 11:46 AM
I've done that, I've taken them off the board, put them back, got two new ones, nothing. The thing is I had 50, I started making the broom. When I went to collect the broom, there was no broom and I only had 46 hay. It's like it reset partly backwards but not where I can keep going. :(

pieandcream
10-29-16, 11:52 AM
Just posted my difficulties.. post #990. Really don't think it's an appropriate day to have S8 connection problems!

omg, same issue!!
i am good on time, but my quests for day 9 should have been completed already.....but since the game doesnt register when i finally manage to open it....so i check back an hour later, nada. i have gone for the second quest of the day like 5 times now.so technically i still have only one quest completed. not an issue on day 9, but tomorrow its a different story! i refuse to gem 6 quests just to get the witch! thats ridiculous. storm8 fix your servers!

kattkrazie
10-29-16, 11:54 AM
I've done that, I've taken them off the board, put them back, got two new ones, nothing. The thing is I had 50, I started making the broom. When I went to collect the broom, there was no broom and I only had 46 hay. It's like it reset partly backwards but not where I can keep going. :(

Bummer. Sounds like you've done everything you can. Do you have gems? If you finish with gems, I'll bet S8 will refund them to you if you send them an email explaining your problem.

FridayFarms
10-29-16, 12:57 PM
I have about 250 neighbors, that's not the problem. Only 20 requests per day get sent. If any one of those 20 doesn't respond, you have to wait until the next day to get more responses.

So there's an automatic fail built into this event?

Eta: I thought you could send as many as you wanted, but could only receive 20 responses per day back.

ethan1brothers
10-29-16, 01:03 PM
well between the prime cuts and the steel were not getting past 8 and the outrageous gem amounts to skip .......... maybe if they offer her for sale later....

Inachis2V
10-29-16, 01:07 PM
4: Practice Makes Potion
* Search ponds 0/5 | Note: ponds, mermaid pond counts, but the swampy pond does not
* Collect swamp water 0/25
* Craft frog's breath 0/1 | ?where, 2 hours - 25 swamp water, 50 glimmerdust, 10 sugar
* Give frog's breath 0/1
Rewards: Witch's Den

Thanks to Stymie52 and kattkrazie for posting goals

Can you tell me what the swamp water are ?

akocek
10-29-16, 01:50 PM
I have been busy at school and did not check on the forum for a while and TL never prompted me to download the new Halloween version of Castle Story and now I see there is this awesome event going on that I totally missed. I am so sad and disappointed. No way I can now do it all in 3 days. I wish TL would at least prompt you to download a new version even if not giving gems if it is required for a new story line. 😢

mayennalee
10-29-16, 02:01 PM
I got a bunch of material requests for metal and decided to see what was going on. I'm on a Android and I don't have this event showing up! I was wondering why this game was so lame for the past two weeks with nothing happening

You need to install the new version of the game. Its in the play store. Its just called Castle Story, but when you open it, its called CS Halloween. The icon is the boy holding a pumpkin (dark blue background)

kattkrazie
10-29-16, 02:10 PM

Eta: I thought you could send as many as you wanted, but could only receive 20 responses per day back.

No, not an automatic fail. At the risk of getting into the weeds on this issue, here goes. You can send out multiple requests. When one of your neighbors logs into their game, there's an exchange of info between your game, their game and the server. If you have not received your 20 responses yet, that neighbor will receive your request. If you have received your limit, they will not see the request. The problem for some players is when they send requests to inactive neighbors. But that's not even a problem if at least 20 of your neighbors are active and will receive your requests. The game more than likely has a dedicated database for processing the back and forth of requests.

MoonVillage3
10-29-16, 02:30 PM

Whatever is the correct version.. the fact states, as numerous complaints we can read, many players who have sent out adequate requests.. don't receive all their 20 answers the same day.
To be sure, I send out requests one by one.. to who has just sent to me. This way I know for sure they're playing at that precise moment.
BUT.. this works for those who started the first day, not for those who started later. It would not be a sure method as requests may be left overs from the day before.

kattkrazie
10-29-16, 02:40 PM
Whatever is the correct version.. the fact states, as numerous complaints we can read, many players who have sent out adequate requests.. don't receive all their 20 answers the same day.
To be sure, I send out requests one by one.. to who has just sent to me. This way I know for sure they're playing at that precise moment.
BUT.. this works for those who started the first day, not for those who started later. It would not be a sure method as requests may be left overs from the day before.

Sorry, not trying to be contentious. Just letting players know not to give up hope. The game developers do not hate us and try to trip us up. Peace out, neighbor. :)

FridayFarms
10-29-16, 02:53 PM
No, not an automatic fail. At the risk of getting into the weeds on this issue, here goes. You can send out multiple requests. When one of your neighbors logs into their game, there's an exchange of info between your game, their game and the server. If you have not received your 20 responses yet, that neighbor will receive your request. If you have received your limit, they will not see the request. The problem for some players is when they send requests to inactive neighbors. But that's not even a problem if at least 20 of your neighbors are active and will receive your requests. The game more than likely has a dedicated database for processing the back and forth of requests.

That's pretty much how I understood it, but not what was said earlier in the thread. Thanks.

There's still a question of whether the requests were received or the responses lost due to the server issues earlier, which really impacts these time sensitive quests.

MoonVillage3
10-29-16, 03:19 PM
Sorry, not trying to be contentious. Just letting players know not to give up hope. The game developers do not hate us and try to trip us up. Peace out, neighbor. :)

I agree with you Katt.. developers not against us.. but requesting is a system that needs its time.. better not to be used in timed events. Normal events are fine and also a way of knowing if players are active

asdfgh123654
10-29-16, 03:30 PM
Is anyone else having trouble connecting? My game crashed about 1/2 hour ago and keeps failing to load; right in the middle of slaying those 50 werebeasts! Other games / apps are fine, so it's NOT a problem with my connection, despite the message saying it's an on-line game..
The same thing is happening to me, and I'm on chapter 8. It took me 3 hours to visit 20 kingdoms. Really frustrating...

Sirelie
10-29-16, 03:43 PM
Is anyone else having trouble connecting? My game crashed about 1/2 hour ago and keeps failing to load; right in the middle of slaying those 50 werebeasts! Other games / apps are fine, so it's NOT a problem with my connection, despite the message saying it's an on-line game..

Yes, I have trouble with connecting.

1/2 hour ago? My game crashed yesterday at 6 PM (GMT) - now is 23:45 (GMT) am and still does not work. That means 30 hours out of order!
This is not funny goal :-/

Andro45
10-29-16, 03:44 PM
I just finished and have Morgaine flying around in my kingdom. I even have 8h35m left and can go to sleep knowing she is alright. :D

This would not have been possible without the help of this thread. Chapeau for all contributors.

Lucky for me there were no server problems here. Looks like it was affecting Dragon story players too. What's wrong with the S8 servers? (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95141-What-s-wrong-with-the-S8-servers&p=1362412&viewfull=1#post1362412)

asdfgh123654
10-29-16, 03:54 PM
Not funny at all. I'm one hour ahead of you, and I have had trouble logging in since this morning. Now I really don't know if i can finish this event on time...

bald1e
10-29-16, 04:00 PM
Fingers crossed I will finish with 30 mins left if the servers don't crash like earlier. :mad:

PrincessCelestian
10-29-16, 04:22 PM

I believe that you are correct. You can send as many as you want and you get the first 20 to respond back on that first day. If you received a request and didn't respond in the first 20, that request will show up for you do respond to on the next day or the next and just keep rolling over. I always send requests out to all of my neighbors at one time and have never had a problem getting the requisite amount back in a timely manner. If only 20 got sent, that wouldn't be the case because I am sure that all of my neighbors are no longer active.

drepanum
10-29-16, 04:23 PM
Every time I try to do something which requires multiple taps, the game crashes. All other games and connections are fine. This is after I did spend gems to move forward. Now it looks like completion will not happen in the allotted time. I think some sort of time extension would be fair since the delay is not on the players end.

haku8cafe
10-29-16, 04:36 PM
LL25

Chapter 10:
Goal 1 Collect haunted straw from farmhouses 0/25 GO (skip 500 gems)
Goal 2 Craft a witch's broom 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems) | Ivy's Cauldron, 2 hours - 1 banner pole, 25 haunted straw, 10 living wood
Goal 3 Help the witch faerie in Spooky Hollow - Journey to Spooky Hollow 0/6 GO (skip 300 gems)

this is the final task peeps.... please finish strong :)

1) dun worry about farmhouse seriously the drops are 2 -4 it is just the 10min wait...
2) this is the time to check yourself when crafting ... use your remaining energy chopping you need 42 witch dust & 18 earth wisp, where your workshop & tinker camp should be busy with... ghost drops 1x earth wisp too :)

woke up much earlier today & finally done.... so happy now for my coffee :) good luck LL & everyone

SpiritWind00
10-29-16, 04:40 PM
Please post in bugs thread (you can click on the double arrows next to my name in the quote to take you to my post in the bugs forum) neat trick that if you didn't know...

S8 had reports of sync errors from users who are from Northern Europe yesterday around 10 am because of a network outage there. That may be the reason you encountered progress rolling back. If youre not from this area, please post location and whether you're still experiencing issues.

ginourmous
10-29-16, 04:43 PM
Oh well, I give up. 7hrs left and still have to do:

Goal 3 Journey to Spooky Hollow 0/3 GO (skip 150 gems)

Chapter 10: Ivy: What is that soft glow before us? Ah! It is the Faerie Witch whose presence I felt! Let us guide her back to town and out of this gloom!
Chapter 10:
Goal 1 Collect haunted straw from farmhouses 0/50 GO (skip 1000 gems)
Goal 2 Craft a witch's broom 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems) | Ivy's Cauldron, 2 hours - 1 banner pole, 50 haunted straw, 20 living wood (speed up is 8 gems) (Changed from 6 hours) (Each farmhouse drops 2-3 straw per collection.)
Goal 3 Help the witch faerie in Spooky Hollow - Journey to Spooky Hollow 0/6 GO (skip 300 gems)

Not enough hours to get it done and not enough GEMS to come close to finish it. So unfair. Wasted 2 days for the 20 haunted steel and then the game crash or wouldn't connect many times. So, I am done!

PrincessCelestian
10-29-16, 05:02 PM
Oh well, I give up. 7hrs left and still have to do:

Goal 3 Journey to Spooky Hollow 0/3 GO (skip 150 gems)

Chapter 10: Ivy: What is that soft glow before us? Ah! It is the Faerie Witch whose presence I felt! Let us guide her back to town and out of this gloom!
Chapter 10:
Goal 1 Collect haunted straw from farmhouses 0/50 GO (skip 1000 gems)
Goal 2 Craft a witch's broom 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems) | Ivy's Cauldron, 2 hours - 1 banner pole, 50 haunted straw, 20 living wood (speed up is 8 gems) (Changed from 6 hours) (Each farmhouse drops 2-3 straw per collection.)

Not enough hours to get it done and not enough GEMS to come close to finish it. So unfair. Wasted 2 days for the 20 haunted steel and then the game crash or wouldn't connect many times. So, I am done!

It's probably much cheaper from a gem perspective if you collect the haunted straw (took me 10 minutes), start the broom craft and then gem speed it. And then gem speed through all of the adventures which if I remember correctly is 16. Not sure if you have enough to do that but that would be a better strategy than just straight up gem skipping.

Or even gem skip at the hour mark for each adventure since you have enough time to do that and it would decrease the amount of gems you have to spend. Assuming you'll be up for the next 6ish hours.

ninjalejones
10-29-16, 05:49 PM
I was one of the lucky ones who finished without issues except I still feel like she looks like a purple, flying leprechaun :s

PrincessCelestian
10-29-16, 05:58 PM
Yay!!! I just welcomed Morgaine to my kingdom and she is soooo cute!!! I love how her wings flap up and down so fluidly. Great animation s8!! Good luck to everyone else!!!

peachtreeshoppe
10-29-16, 06:25 PM
Welp, used 7 gems to speed second to last adventure, going to use another 10 or so for the last. Almost made it without a single gem, but we had the opportunity for family to watch both kiddos and enjoyed dinner and a movie... haven't had an evening out in three months. I wasn't giving that up for Castle Story!

Now it's 9:20 and I could stay up two hours but... Sleep. Baby boy is giving us 8 hours and that can change on a dime... Not going to waste the opportunity to feel human for a day!! I'll just watch ads for two weeks and do some pie/lemonade trades this week to make up the difference. I'll have my first real alicorn by 4th of July. :P

meme1098
10-29-16, 06:44 PM
Yay!!! I just welcomed Morgaine to my kingdom and she is soooo cute!!! I love how her wings flap up and down so fluidly. Great animation s8!! Good luck to everyone else!!!

I've seen her in a few neighbors games but if she's a witch & has a broom to fly, why, oh, why, does she need wings? What witch has wings? ... lol.

She's is well done otherwise but the wings throw the whole thing off.;)

peachtreeshoppe
10-29-16, 06:47 PM
I've seen her in a few neighbors games but if she's a witch & has a broom to fly, why, oh, why, does she need wings? What witch has wings? ... lol.

Is it wings or a cape/robe?

meme1098
10-29-16, 06:47 PM
Is it wings or a cape/robe?

Wings, like moth or butterfly.

PrincessCelestian
10-29-16, 06:55 PM
O

Maybe she's a fearie elf witch? 😜 I think she's cute. Me likes a lot. Technically faeries can have pointed ears. So maybe she's just a faerie witch.

robotparade
10-29-16, 06:56 PM

She has wings because she's a faerie.

Animalioz
10-29-16, 07:50 PM

Well, we learn something new every day :p I didn't know that, or I didn't thought about it that way. I really thought that I sent out 182 requests, and that it was something like, "first come, first served". But then I apologize for my sort of wrong knowledge :p

kattkrazie
10-29-16, 07:58 PM
Well, we learn something new every day :p I didn't know that, or I didn't thought about it that way. I really thought that I sent out 182 requests, and that it was something like, "first come, first served". But then I apologize for my sort of wrong knowledge :p

Not wrong knowledge, right knowledge. First come, first serve is a good way to explain it.

jesslau9
10-29-16, 08:33 PM
So, the chance is 5% for each thing
.. BUT .. each event .. and there are in total 29 events, makes a chance for 145 % that you should get your desired thing during the whole quest ;)
.. and there are 4 different pets, so the chance for one is 590 %

And i had no box drop for me 5 times so far!!!

undead30k
10-29-16, 08:37 PM
This is a common(if you read the previous 800 posts has come up probably 20 times in just this thread) issue that everyone must face... You are limited to 40 town buildings(can look at the hub to see what is considered town building for full list) BUT the basics of it are:

Look at how many Cottages and Farm Houses you have and once you get the "reached the limit message" just sell a level 1 cottage and build a level 1 farm house. By keeping a large number of each of these for every event and all the VERY basic parts needed to build a level 1 of either on them you will never have a problem on goals needing cottages or farm house collections because you can in seconds sell/create as needed.

Since farm houses have such a fast collection time of 10 minutes I generally keep 2/3 cottages and 1/3 farm house in storage between events to make this conversion easier.

Also a tip for all those who are lower level and starting to try to make it through events... Try to have at least 2 of each "common" building type at Level 5 because EVERY event will call for some higher than level 1 building in the future and if you've made them in the past you can pull them out of storage early in the next event its much easier.

Here is the list of buildings I would recommend having at least 2 of at Level 5:

- Market Place
- Library
- Conservatory
- Tavern(including Pirates Tavern)
- Jeweler
- Cottage
- Farm House
- Spires/Towers

This will make life MUCH easier in the long run. Also build a reserve of all building parts needed to make each of these so if you need more in the future it is a short task versus an event ending/or gemming task.

Oh one last thing/complaint that comes up every event.... "If someone doesn't read the forum they would never make it through this impossible event because they wouldn't know about this building being needed".

Before every update day(Thursday in case you haven't caught on yet), pull out AT LEAST all level 5 long collect time buildings the day before(like Marketplace) and stick them somewhere in your Kingdom... Then if Day 1 or 2 has that requirement you are already covered... If not and somebody speeds along and find building XYZ is not needed at all in the event or on day 8 you can easily store it again.

By having buildings out and ready the day before refresh time made these events VERY doable even when I didn't read the forum.(That combined with stocking up on just about every item that is ever requested in events)

This is very well said. This post should be copied somewhere in the hub or tips for players. Great advise shouldn't be buried here.

rleethalme
10-29-16, 08:42 PM
And i had no box drop for me 5 times so far!!!

Because each adventure is really 15% - and that is if each prize is weighted the same. They don't accumulate, the last adventure does not change the chances of the next adventure

fantaloonastic
10-29-16, 08:46 PM
Soooooo...im not making it. Actually sad about it :(

QueenCarolyn
10-29-16, 09:40 PM
Soooooo...im not making it. Actually sad about it :(

This may be my first event to not finish. I have a real life football game and dinner on event day 10. This events should be made with a few extra days so we can have a life. After waking up at 2am and playing for hours, it hurts to not be able to complete the event.

riverly
10-29-16, 09:51 PM
This may be my first event to not finish. I have a real life football game and dinner on event day 10. This events should be made with a few extra days so we can have a life. After waking up at 2am and playing for hours, it hurts to not be able to complete the event.day 10 is basically checking on your game every 2 hours. I wonder if you could do that or check in as often as you can and then speed up a few adventure. Sounds doable. But I can understand maybe not wanting to have to do that.

Because of some connectivity issues, there may be some extra time given for this challenge. That sounds fair.

challais
10-29-16, 10:04 PM
REALLY frustrated right now....first time ever getting to see the end in sight of an event, and I will be 3 "adventures" short of finishing :( I worked super hard on this event also. Chopped more trees than I knee ever existed, etc. I just needed a little bit more time. Don't they realize that we have to live life outside of this too? SOO disappointed.

riverly
10-29-16, 10:15 PM
REALLY frustrated right now....first time ever getting to see the end in sight of an event, and I will be 3 "adventures" short of finishing :( I worked super hard on this event also. Chopped more trees than I knee ever existed, etc. I just needed a little bit more time. Don't they realize that we have to live life outside of this too? SOO disappointed.speeding up 3 adventures would be 48 gems. Would you or could you consider that? I really hope that something will be done because of the neighbor request glitches and then some people not being able to get into their game. I had to spend a few gems because I had messed up on the markets, but it wouldn't bother me at all if other players were given another chance to finish.

yummy_bistro
10-29-16, 10:49 PM
Quite tired of chopping dead trees
Each tree only gives 1 witch dust
Still hv 6 more journey!!!
Waiting for chapter 10 to open
1 hour to go

comeseecomesah
10-29-16, 10:50 PM
This is such a special event reward and it's so sad for the people who have worked really hard on this to nearly get to the end and miss out because of server issues. Not all people can spend lots of gems on games, there are other priorities. I know S8 has to make money but I'm sure enough of us who buy gems well make up for those who don't.
Also the timings imo should be such that people who work can manage timed events.

jwilmarketingmom
10-29-16, 11:08 PM
Well, I almost made it. I was all the way to the last goal but there is no way I can get 6 visits to Spooky Hollow in within one hour. SO close!

janddolphins
10-29-16, 11:23 PM
Finished with 10 gems at the end just in case time changed and it didn't end in an hour. (I probably could have saved 5 gems). Accidentally woke up late today but it was worth a few gems because the sleep felt wonderful lol. I do feel bad for those who had glitches which has made it difficult for them to finish. S8 should do the right thing and fix it for them and give the time back. Let's hope this event some integrity is shown.

Sadly only one pet, and it was a witch cat from last Halloween. I really wanted a new pet as I do keep Gresilda's section of my castle a "haunted" section year round for fun and it's were I am housing my monsters. Then right next to her section is the swampy troll area. But all those adventures and nada. I still think it's unfair to punish players this way, but I won't cry over it.

Storybook was fun but very overwhelming towards the end, especially if we were trying to capture monsters too. Thankfully I have all 4 now so I am done with challenges minus trying to get a second of three monsters I only have one of just for the inventory if I feel like being a masochist lol. But I love my extras.

Good luck to everyone else who is still finishing the event. I think I will take the seperate quest that is not timed nice and slow lol.

MoonVillage3
10-29-16, 11:31 PM

I think she's a fairy with an evil spell casted on her. With our help she might get back to normal? She's too cute to be a witch.

ginourmous
10-29-16, 11:39 PM
Thanks everyone for the tips. I did speed up the adventures after an hour to save gems. But it did cost me 110 gems to get thru this event and I am not happy about it. Since they changed the way we can get gems to only one a day and watch movies for flour. The gems are even more valuable to me. Either time the events in a more realistic way or get us a way to get more gems every day!!!

MoonVillage3
10-29-16, 11:52 PM
speeding up 3 adventures would be 48 gems. Would you or could you consider that? I really hope that something will be done because of the neighbor request glitches and then some people not being able to get into their game. I had to spend a few gems because I had messed up on the markets, but it wouldn't bother me at all if other players were given another chance to finish.

I did decide to speed up last Adventure due to synchronizing difficulties in this area.. as just didn't want to take the risk of loosing everything on the last day as S8 server was not funtioning normally.
I do suggest players who have the same problem to reset their game after important steps so as to memorize where you left off.
eg. after sending off an Adventure.. visit another kingdom before leaving the game, so as not to find surprises when you return after 2hrs and see Adventure was not registered.. and do so with any progress you do.

Good luck to all.

yummy_bistro
10-30-16, 12:01 AM
Chapter 10
Just opened for me
When I collected from 2 farmhouses
No straw?? Is it a random drop or a glitch
Very concerned
Thx

rbmck2
10-30-16, 12:08 AM
Ok, am I completely crazy? I need to craft the frogs breath, but I can't find it anywhere to craft it! When I click the "go" button it just takes me to the market to buy a crafting building, but I'm maxed on all of them, and I can't find the craft in any of them! I don't have 50 gems to skip it, help!

Edited to add - I have force closed multiple times, and uninstalled and reinstalled, still no luck.

jaymieb2
10-30-16, 12:20 AM
SO frustrating! I had no notification of this event until I started receiving requests for Haunted Steel. When I downloaded the Halloween version of the game, it I said that I only have 4 days left. I am trying to get as far as I can in this event, but now I am having a problem. Part 4 of chapter 4 is not registering. I have already forced closed the game five times. I am trying to do the quest another time, but the timing is now terrible. I have everything in place for the 5-hour craft, but I can't start that for 2 more hours - aND that is IF the game registers my quest this time. Very very frustrating. :-(

newzealander
10-30-16, 12:44 AM
Ok, am I completely crazy? I need to craft the frogs breath, but I can't find it anywhere to craft it! When I click the "go" button it just takes me to the market to buy a crafting building, but I'm maxed on all of them, and I can't find the craft in any of them! I don't have 50 gems to skip it, help!

Edited to add - I have force closed multiple times, and uninstalled and reinstalled, still no luck.
i was taken to the new cauldron to craft this. Mine is crafting now. Interestingly, it was at the bottom of the list in the cauldron. It takes 50 glimmerdust - that's all I remember, sorry.
Edit: You also need the 25 swamp water you just collected.

sam1182
10-30-16, 01:21 AM
So disappointed. My game reverted back 4 hours and then locked me out. By the time I got back in the timer was up. All I needed was to speed up one more adventure and I was done. 🙁

Inachis2V
10-30-16, 01:44 AM
You also need the 25 swamp water you just collected.
What are the swamp water and where do you find them ?

zoroak
10-30-16, 02:05 AM
What are the swamp water and where do you find them ?
Only when you get to that goal (where the witchy things are, step 4; see pg 1 of this thread for more info), swamp water will drop from ponds

Inachis2V
10-30-16, 02:10 AM
Thanks a lot ;-)

zoroak
10-30-16, 02:15 AM
Just to add a big 'thank you' to kattkrazie and stymie52 for the heads up on goals and to my neighbours who answered my requests rapidly. It definitely allowed me to complete the storybook and Morgaine storyline goals without a massive gem spend which would definitely be the case otherwise as I do work and was at a party all night on the day of chapter 10. THANKS! ��

katbtodd
10-30-16, 02:15 AM
KATT!!!!! Where do we find the spell book I checked all my libraries ,do I keep checking my kingdom, or wait for my 5 libraries

zoroak
10-30-16, 02:16 AM
Thanks a lot ;-)
You're welcome! And I think the ponds drop 1-2 swamp water each.

zoroak
10-30-16, 02:19 AM
KATT!!!!! Where do we find the spell book I checked all my libraries ,do I keep checking my kingdom, or wait for my 5 libraries
Found the spell book after tapping my first library. After the spell book drops, don't forget to tap 'read' so that the step completes.

katbtodd
10-30-16, 02:27 AM
Found the spell book after tapping my first library. After the spell book drops, don't forget to tap 'read' so that the step completes.

Guess I have to wait ,cuz it takes me to another liberay , I got the 1st library check off the I have the word GO and then read

zoroak
10-30-16, 02:30 AM
Guess I have to wait ,cuz it takes me to another liberay , I got the 1st library check off the I have the word GO and then read
Must be another rare drop, sorry.

katbtodd
10-30-16, 02:34 AM
Must be another rare drop, sorry.

Thanks any ways,,, glad it's not timed

littelprince0313
10-30-16, 02:35 AM
HELP ME please I know it's the wrong thread but I dont know what to do.
I cant log into my main account anymore my passwords not working and Im really freaking out.
Please! I know contact the support but it's Sunday so they wont help me today and will the even manage to give me acount back Im really at a loss right now.

SpiritWind00
10-30-16, 03:01 AM
HELP ME please I know it's the wrong thread but I dont know what to do.
I cant log into my main account anymore my passwords not working and Im really freaking out.
Please! I know contact the support but it's Sunday so they wont help me today and will the even manage to give me acount back Im really at a loss right now.
If you are in Northern Europe, there are some issues going on with S8 servers. It may not be you... It could be fixed as there are posts in other forums saying so. I would reinstall your game if still now not working. Please post here if you've more questions and read what others are saying too. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95114-Spooky-hollow-chapter-8-stuck!/page3

MoonVillage3
10-30-16, 04:07 AM

Katt should be offline for another while.. but spell books you get from the library. However it took me more than one collection to find it.

tvangstanke
10-30-16, 04:29 AM
Thoroughly enjoying the ref. treats in the not-timed story line. Breaking Bad Luck, the Big Brew Theory... (the giggles)

RevdKathy
10-30-16, 04:32 AM
Thank you to Katt and the team of gem speeders. Your generosity is much appreciated. I got my witch and am enjoying the not timed goals.

butterfly_25
10-30-16, 05:36 AM
Well I too wouldn't have been able to finish without gems. I'm thinking the amount of adventures we had to go on in one goal the last few times were a little extreme. 3 times, 4 times was it? and then 6 in the final one? That's 12 hours! I had less time than that and especially since I was busy I can't check or remember every two hours. I had to gem through more than half of the 6, half of them were the whole 16 gems! I even fell asleep during the last one but luckily woke up in time to collect with about an hour left. Kind of a late hour to end an event for my timezone anyway.

*EDIT** Ignore below, based on the wording I thought we use the new cauldron to make the potion, but I've found it in the potion shop (duh) as I was looking through it. Lol. Thank you

But now I have another *GLITCH*. I checked the last few pages and the first page but don't see this mentioned.... Not sure if anyone had this problem but when I try to PLACE the Old Cauldron it only flips to the information side of the card even though I'm not clicking on the question mark. I've force closed my game and delete my memory and it's still not working. Now how can I continue if I'm stuck?

BiggerBubbles
10-30-16, 05:50 AM
Well I too wouldn't have been able to finish without gems. I'm thinking the amount of adventures we had to go on in one goal the last few times were a little extreme. 3 times, 4 times was it? and then 6 in the final one? That's 12 hours! I had less time than that and especially since I was busy I can't check or remember every two hours. I had to gem through more than half of the 6, half of them were the whole 16 gems! I even fell asleep during the last one but luckily woke up in time to collect with about an hour left. Kind of a late hour to end an event for my timezone anyway.

But now I have another *GLITCH*. I checked the last few pages and the first page but don't see this mentioned.... Not sure if anyone had this problem but when I try to PLACE the Old Cauldron it only flips to the information side of the card even though I'm not clicking on the question mark. I've force closed my game and delete my memory and it's still not working. Now how can I continue if I'm stuck?

No, you can't place it, I tried as well, when you have made Ivys concoction, in the next step the potion shop just uses it from your inventory. Hope that helps.

butterfly_25
10-30-16, 05:54 AM
No, you can't place it, I tried as well, when you have made Ivys concoction, in the next step the potion shop just uses it from your inventory. Hope that helps.

Thank you so much! I just found it as I was looking to see what I can make in the potion shop. Then I saw the cauldron as an ingredient below as well. I think based on the wording and the fact we got it as a prize is why I thought that it would actually be used to make the potion. That would be too many cauldrons now anyway haha :D thank you again!! Enjoy your day :)

PrincessCelestian
10-30-16, 06:21 AM
Sadly only one pet, and it was a witch cat from last Halloween. I really wanted a new pet as I do keep Gresilda's section of my castle a "haunted" section year round for fun and it's were I am housing my monsters. Then right next to her section is the swampy troll area. But all those adventures and nada. I still think it's unfair to punish players this way, but I won't cry over it.

There weren't any new pets. They were all recycled from last year. Unless you are meaning "new to you" pets. I would gift some extras if I could 😕 I got two mummy cats and an extra vampire puppy.

ktorewqas
10-30-16, 06:43 AM
I can not craft frog's breath. Where? Never mine, found the cauldron in my storage.

coolssp
10-30-16, 06:58 AM
My luck changed!!!! Yahoo!

Got a pup from the adventures and have the pretty witch flying about in my queendom. I did have to use a few gems as on day 9 &10 I knew I couldn't log in to finish all the required adventures and lack of towers hampered me.

Once again thanks to everyone who speed ahead and made it possible.

Animalioz
10-30-16, 07:08 AM
Not wrong knowledge, right knowledge. First come, first serve is a good way to explain it.

Well, that's good to know :)

hexappeal
10-30-16, 07:09 AM
Thank you to Katt and Spirit wind and all of you who contribute to this forum. I'm on track to achieve my flying faerie witch about 9 hours prior to my timer ending and it wouldn't have been possible without all of you.
I loved this event. Thank you S8!
Beautifully done.
This was my favorite so far (but I think I say that Everytime)

PrincessCelestian
10-30-16, 07:15 AM
I have to say that Morgaine's animation makes that poor crossed eyed cherry hive faerie look even worse. Hahahahaha. Wish I could store her. I can't even remember her name. . . And every time I see her I cringe 😂😂😂😂😂

riverly
10-30-16, 07:22 AM
Thoroughly enjoying the ref. treats in the not-timed story line. Breaking Bad Luck, the Big Brew Theory... (the giggles)i also love the Big Brew Theory caption. But where in the world is the Breaking Bad Luck. Probably right in front of me somewhere!!! No big deal. But I do enjoy these little touches of humor. I'm probably missing some of them. Maybe a generational thing or my little brain.

I do watch Big Bang Theory, but did not Breaking Bad.

bald1e
10-30-16, 07:32 AM
Missed out as i didn't hear my last 2hr alarm for 7.45am until 8.45am for the last collection so a bit peeved after waking up all the other times through the night. Think i will give these type where you have to be on you device continually through the night a miss from now on. :(

riverly
10-30-16, 07:34 AM
Missed out as i didn't hear my last 2hr alarm for 7.45am until 8.45am for the last collection so a bit peeved after waking up all the other times through the night. Think i will give these type where you have to be on you device continually through the night a miss from now on. :(wow. How terrible.

Inachis2V
10-30-16, 08:15 AM
I have to say that Morgaine's animation makes that poor crossed eyed cherry hive faerie look even worse. Hahahahaha. Wish I could store her. I can't even remember her name. . . And every time I see her I cringe 😂
I do agree with you.
But I am really happy because I "lost" the crossed eyed girl (I didn't have enough golden nugget to finish that quest ;-))) ! )

dipwid
10-30-16, 08:29 AM
Energy intensive events-could someone repost the energy calculations for ****ing all the were beasts? Due to a lack of alicorns and no wizard schools, the two chapters ****ing the 75 beasts took longer than a couple of days. I didn't finish. I needed 12 more hours to finish or could bypass for 350 gems. Now it's complete for 500 gems. Did anyone else run into a similar issue?
I'm wondering if someone has started stats on how much energy these timed events are taking now when you have to chop 200 rocks, etc.

A7B92
10-30-16, 08:29 AM
I realized, a couple of days ago, that I would not be able to complete the tasks on either of my kingdoms for the flying witch. In spite of this, I played several times a day to be certain that I could respond to all requests from my neighbors for whatever the event wanted them to collect. Nevertheless, When I logged on today, there were neighbor requests from more than 24 hours ago! I have seen this often in these timed events. I see neighbor requests that are days old. I receive items I've requested days after I've completed (or not) the task. I play many times a day. This should not happen in timed events.

PrincessCelestian
10-30-16, 08:35 AM
I realized, a couple of days ago, that I would not be able to complete the tasks on either of my kingdoms for the flying witch. In spite of this, I played several times a day to be certain that I could respond to all requests from my neighbors for whatever the event wanted them to collect. Nevertheless, When I logged on today, there were neighbor requests from more than 24 hours ago! I have seen this often in these timed events. I see neighbor requests that are days old. I receive items I've requested days after I've completed (or not) the task. I play many times a day. This should not happen in timed events.

This was explained a few pages back. It's because you were not in the first 20 to respond in the first day so the request shows up on the second day.

PrincessCelestian
10-30-16, 08:36 AM
I do agree with you.
But I am really happy because I "lost" the crossed eyed girl (I didn't have enough golden nugget to finish that quest ;-))) ! )

Oh be very happy that you didn't!!

kattkrazie
10-30-16, 09:14 AM
Katt should be offline for another while.. but spell books you get from the library. However it took me more than one collection to find it.

Yep, that blasted sleep requirement is sooooooo inconvenient sometimes. Congratulations to those who finished and good luck to those still plugging away!!

M1mi04
10-30-16, 09:33 AM
4: Practice Makes Potion
* Search ponds 0/5 | Note: ponds, mermaid pond counts, but the swampy pond does not
* Collect swamp water 0/25
* Craft frog's breath 0/1 | ?where, 2 hours - 25 swamp water, 50 glimmerdust, 10 sugar
* Give frog's breath 0/1
Rewards: Witch's Den
Congratulations: Morgaine:

For the last chapter you can brew the frog's breath in the new brewing cauldron we did in the previous chapter. It's in your inventory but once put on the board you have the crafting available.

kattkrazie
10-30-16, 09:42 AM
I have to say that Morgaine's animation makes that poor crossed eyed cherry hive faerie look even worse. Hahahahaha. Wish I could store her. I can't even remember her name. . . And every time I see her I cringe 😂😂😂😂😂

I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. I think Anthia is hilarious and I'm sorry she's not in my kingdom. I was taking a break from the game for real life events and was bummed that I missed out on getting her. That's some artwork gone seriously wrong but she makes me laugh so she can't be all bad. Lol

bravewarrior
10-30-16, 09:46 AM
I want to thank S8 for not telling me to switch from Desert version to Halloween version. I figured it out, when I started getting requests for haunted metal, and with four days to complete the tasks on this event.

Since everything becomes a two hour plus pitfalls for me, I doubt I'll make it in time. I current slogging through chapter three at a snails pace. I just came back to this game after a two year hiatus when I upgraded to a Galaxy.

Not winning the witch doesn't bother me so much as its future storyline. I enjoy doing events, but I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THEM.

jkustak
10-30-16, 10:28 AM
Ironic that the Haunted Cottages don't count for "Where the Witchy things are". Sigh.

rbmck2
10-30-16, 10:40 AM
For the last chapter you can brew the frog's breath in the new brewing cauldron we did in the previous chapter. It's in your inventory but once put on the board you have the crafting available.
Thanks so much! I hadn't put that out, as I already had a cauldron out and didn't realize I needed it, or that it was a crafting building! Frogs breath is brewing now!!

lordelrond21
10-30-16, 10:42 AM
that was a thwacking and wacking and chopping marathon...but I finally finished with just 3 hours to spare.
And used no gems as well...so these quests CAN be done but with lots of preparation.
Many thanx to spirit and katttt and others for all their valuable input.
⚔️⚔️

Irma_Isle
10-30-16, 10:44 AM
Energy intensive events-could someone repost the energy calculations for ****ing all the were beasts? Due to a lack of alicorns and no wizard schools, the two chapters ****ing the 75 beasts took longer than a couple of days. I didn't finish. I needed 12 more hours to finish or could bypass for 350 gems. Now it's complete for 500 gems. Did anyone else run into a similar issue?
I'm wondering if someone has started stats on how much energy these timed events are taking now when you have to chop 200 rocks, etc.

I'm only have 1 wizard school and 1 pink alicorn which give you only 5 energy a day... I finish my 25 werebeast only 2 hours and half using 40 energy, 9 from wizard school, 5 from pink alicorn, the give back from werebeast that I slay, about 6 or 7 from adventure in haunted keep and waiting another 40 energy to refill. The next 50 werebeast I did for about 6 hours and using 40 energy, 9 from wizard school (twice), 5 from pink alicorn, the give back from werebeast that I slay, 10 from trade, 20 from greenhouse, 12 from adventure in haunted keep and waiting another 40 energy to refill. Three times. Not so Bad if you still prepare toget energy from another free gem source like trade and greenhouse.

LadyFencer
10-30-16, 11:18 AM
that was a thwacking and wacking and chopping marathon...but I finally finished with just 3 hours to spare.
And used no gems as well...so these quests CAN be done but with lots of preparation.
Many thanx to spirit and katttt and others for all their valuable input.
⚔️����⚔️

If I ever see a dead tree again, it will be too soon.

LadyFencer
10-30-16, 11:23 AM
I'm on adventure 4 of 6 on Day 10 with 12 hours left. Barring the phone crashing or game locking up, I will finish around dinnertime today. I wasn't sure it was going to happen at one point, but it's looking promising.

Thank you to everyone who has gone ahead and for those figuring out strategies. I still made a couple of mistakes, like not confirming whether my haunted cottage was at level 5 before I needed it (grrrrrrrrrr), but they didn't cost me much time, and I've spent I think around 20 gems overall. I still resent how labor intensive these events are for something I am trying to complete while also working full time and having a bit of a life outside work and the game, but with the help of members of the community, it was doable. Challenging, but doable.

Thanks again!

lordelrond21
10-30-16, 11:26 AM
If I ever see a dead tree again, it will be too soon.

At least we had that option and didn't have to grow trees!
I am sure I have RSI in my tapping finger. �� lol

mrsheff
10-30-16, 12:11 PM
Does anyone think Morgaine and her storyline are worth spending 500 gems? Ty!

meme1098
10-30-16, 12:25 PM
I want to thank S8 for not telling me to switch from Desert version to Halloween version. I figured it out, when I started getting requests for haunted metal, and with four days to complete the tasks on this event.

Since everything becomes a two hour plus pitfalls for me, I doubt I'll make it in time. I current slogging through chapter three at a snails pace. I just came back to this game after a two year hiatus when I upgraded to a Galaxy.

Not winning the witch doesn't bother me so much as its future storyline. I enjoy doing events, but I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THEM.

So sorry you weren't able to get this until way later. :(
I try to check the forum religiously on Thursdays to see if updates are available.

I sure wouldn't but that's just me. And who knows if there's even a continuing storyline with her. The other flying faerie & faerie genie (Zabina?)are just characters on the board & have had nothing since their introduction. So this could be all there is to Migraine - (sorry that's what I got from this storybook goal & think of every time I see her name...lol)

kattkrazie
10-30-16, 12:58 PM

That's a pretty subjective thing. Meme is right, many of the characters don't have continuing storylines. If you have the gems and aren't saving for anything in particular, I'd go for it. She's awfully cute and I think the more motion in the kingdom, the better.

BufftonHeights
10-30-16, 01:19 PM

I think it depends on how developed your king/queendom is. Me personally, I would rather spend those gems on a 7 day alicorn since I only have four. But Katt has a good point, it is nice to see a lot of characters roaming around.

LadyFencer
10-30-16, 01:26 PM
At least we had that option and didn't have to grow trees!
I am sure I have RSI in my tapping finger. �� lol

True. That would have been way worse.

M1mi04
10-30-16, 01:30 PM
Thanks so much! I hadn't put that out, as I already had a cauldron out and didn't realize I needed it, or that it was a crafting building! Frogs breath is brewing now!!

Glad I could help!

I was looking everywhere to be able to craft that frog's breath.. I was even thinking it might be a bug and the craft didn't appear in the potion shop or something :confused:

I was looking for something else in my inventory when I saw the cauldron!! I gave it a try and voila!

Enjoy! I'm waiting for my first pickup of the witch's den!:D

M1mi04
10-30-16, 01:38 PM
Sadly the witch's den doesn't give anything :(

But I'm enjoying seeing Morgaine flying around the kingdom!

danzplace
10-30-16, 02:30 PM
Any tips on where to find Ivy's spell book?

meme1098
10-30-16, 02:41 PM
Any tips on where to find Ivy's spell book?

Check post 3 on page 1. Checking libraries is supposed to drop it but you know what random means in S8's world.

Wonkaland99
10-30-16, 02:58 PM
Morgaine certainly looks great. Perhaps she could advise on a makeover for poor little Anthia, who seems to have been totally forgotten.

hexappeal
10-30-16, 03:02 PM
I just assumed it was found in Ivy's hut.
However, I also assumed I was reading correctly when my mind read hearty STEW, not hearty FEASTS. Doh!
Morgaine and Zabrina are clashing and crashing into each other often. It's adorable.
(I'm not going to collect from Ivy's just in case... unless someone can confirm the drop DOES indeed come from the library...

BufftonHeights
10-30-16, 03:04 PM
However, I also assumed I was reading correctly when my mind read hearty STEW, not hearty FEASTS. Doh!
Morgaine and Zabrina are clashing and crashing into each other often. It's adorable.
(I'm not going to collect from Ivy's just in case... unless someone can confirm the drop DOES indeed come from the library...

It dropped for me on my first library visit.

ktorewqas
10-30-16, 03:05 PM
(I'm not going to collect from Ivy's just in case... unless someone can confirm the drop DOES indeed come from the library...if you mean spellbook, it's from libraries. I did not get it from the first library but got it from the second one. I kept tapping libraries and got black banner that I can not hold more spellbook so it's not a rare drop.

vaso1908
10-30-16, 03:47 PM
So, is it confirmed that Morgain's den drops only coins? Has anyone gotten anything else?

HarlieD
10-30-16, 04:35 PM
I am at the part of giving 75 prime cuts, but I only had 45 with 3 days left. I don't think I'm going to be able to finish. 😞 Does anyone have suggestions to get more prime cuts quickly?

pieandcream
10-30-16, 04:41 PM
I am at the part of giving 75 prime cuts, but I only had 45 with 3 days left. I don't think I'm going to be able to finish.  Does anyone have suggestions to get more prime cuts quickly?
the higher priced pigs seem to drop more. prefer collecting from gem pigs over coin ones, white over beige ones. or simply buy a ton of pigs and keep collecting! thats about it >.<

PrincessCelestian
10-30-16, 04:55 PM
I am at the part of giving 75 prime cuts, but I only had 45 with 3 days left. I don't think I'm going to be able to finish. 😞 Does anyone have suggestions to get more prime cuts quickly?

Black sheep are a guaranteed drop. Werebeasts also drop prime cuts but it's not guaranteed.

parlski
10-30-16, 04:59 PM
I've less than 8 hours on the clock and I've not started chapter ten yet. (another 20 minutes)
what are my chances of finishing?

LadyFencer
10-30-16, 05:20 PM
I've less than 8 hours on the clock and I've not started chapter ten yet. (another 20 minutes)
what are my chances of finishing?

You'll have to use gems to finish. Collecting from farmhouses will vary in time. I had to collect from my 10 twice and then one more house to get the supplies for the broom. The broom is 2 hours. Each adventure is 2 hours, and you have to go six times.

A7B92
10-30-16, 07:10 PM
This was explained a few pages back. It's because you were not in the first 20 to respond in the first day so the request shows up on the second day.

It's hard to be in the first 20 to respond when you aren't even notified.

ladyperidot
10-30-16, 07:13 PM
Check post 3 on page 1. Checking libraries is supposed to drop it but you know what random means in S8's world.

Yep, two trips to the library and nothing. I've put out a couple of more.

kattkrazie
10-30-16, 07:20 PM
So, is it confirmed that Morgain's den drops only coins? Has anyone gotten anything else?

The den has only dropped 100 coins each time. Someone pointed out that we don't start getting drops until the event has ended. Everyone else's home drops something, so maybe the den will as well. Hopefully anyway.

rleethalme
10-30-16, 07:47 PM
The den has only dropped 100 coins each time. Someone pointed out that we don't start getting drops until the event has ended. Everyone else's home drops something, so maybe the den will as well. Hopefully anyway.

3 collections and only 100 coins each. You would think it would at least drop something else. If not it is even lower than Old Thomas' house in priority. It's not like it was part of this event, more like an afterthought.

kattkrazie
10-30-16, 07:59 PM
3 collections and only 100 coins each. You would think it would at least drop something else. If not it is even lower than Old Thomas' house in priority. It's not like it was part of this event, more like an afterthought.

I don't see it as an afterthought since all of our characters have a dwelling. They just chose to separate it from the storybook goal so it wouldn't interfere with the timing. It will probably drop bones or something else appropriate when the event ends.

PrincessCelestian
10-30-16, 08:06 PM
It's hard to be in the first 20 to respond when you aren't even notified.

If you'll read back, it's all explained in how it works. If the first 20 have already responded when you log in to your game, then you will not be notified because that neighbor has already hit their daily limit of responses. Because you were only logging in periodically throughout the day, the chances are that the neighbor who sent the request had already received the 20 needed responses before your log in.

eastie41
10-30-16, 08:28 PM
Witches Den appears to drop coins only for the past 4 times. Disappointed. I like the flying witch, and I have a flying genie, too. I don't recall if she is new or came along with this event.

doodledoo20000
10-30-16, 09:16 PM
I posted the following (below) on the bugs section and the thread was closed so I couldn't add anything. So sorry I put it in the wrong place, but I still don't know what to do about my problem. Usually when you collect an item that there is a limit of one on, you can collect, start another craft, then give the craft, then collect the second craft. This time I cannot give the item and it shows that I haven't collected the first craft. So I have one in my inventory, but I can't give it and because of that I can't collect the second one (so it will count again?) and then hopefully give. I am sure I have done this before. Why did they change it so you couldn't give and then collect? If they don't want people to do this, I wish they would tell us when they change it so we won't try and them be unable to move forward. Now it seems like the only way I can complete the goal is to pay 60 gems to bypass the craft and collect. That doesn't seem right.

...I tried to craft a souvenir frog's breath. I have one in my inventory and the craft frog's breath checked off in the goal, but when I started the second craft, it unchecked. Now I need to craft the frog's breath and give the frog's breath. I was going to give the one in the inventory and then tap the cauldron to get the second souvenir frog's breath. But since I can't give the one in inventory. I can't get the other one out of the cauldron. Help! What can I do?

mayennalee
10-30-16, 09:38 PM
I did finish this event. Did have to use gems or I certainly wouldnt have done.

My thanks again to those that gem ahead and even more importantly share the knowledge and tips from doing so

suzuyasu
10-30-16, 09:52 PM
This may already reported.

> Chapter 10:
> Goal 2 Craft a witch's broom. (0/1) Requires 1 banner pole, 50 haunted straw (from farmhouses), 20 living wood. Takes 6 hrs.

I only needed 2 hours for this creation instead of 6 hours.

MoonVillage3
10-30-16, 10:22 PM
If you'll read back, it's all explained in how it works. If the first 20 have already responded when you log in to your game, then you will not be notified because that neighbor has already hit their daily limit of responses. Because you were only logging in periodically throughout the day, the chances are that the neighbor who sent the request had already received the 20 needed responses before your log in.

Yes.. I had always thought requests worked this way.. but yesterday, not before, well after I finished the event, thus already receiving the 20Requests and also ending the event.. I saw in news-feed another 10 granted to me.

From what I understood, this should not have happened as I didn't need anymore and was well over Day8, the request day.

There are some details we haven't exactly understood yet about the request procedure.. still to be figured out. But facts state we receive more than enough even if not on the day it's required.

I did have a glimpse in GameGuide for details on Request Procedure.. but haven't found yet. Knowing exactly how it works.. we could make results even better.

MoonVillage3
10-30-16, 10:24 PM
This may already reported.

> Chapter 10:
> Goal 2 Craft a witch's broom. (0/1) Requires 1 banner pole, 50 haunted straw (from farmhouses), 20 living wood. Takes 6 hrs.

I only needed 2 hours for this creation instead of 6 hours.

This had been modified by producers on Day8 to help players close Day10 earlier than programmed.

MoonVillage3
10-30-16, 10:43 PM
I posted the following (below) on the bugs section and the thread was closed so I couldn't add anything. So sorry I put it in the wrong place, but I still don't know what to do about my problem. Usually when you collect an item that there is a limit of one on, you can collect, start another craft, then give the craft, then collect the second craft. This time I cannot give the item and it shows that I haven't collected the first craft. So I have one in my inventory, but I can't give it and because of that I can't collect the second one (so it will count again?) and then hopefully give. I am sure I have done this before. Why did they change it so you couldn't give and then collect? If they don't want people to do this, I wish they would tell us when they change it so we won't try and them be unable to move forward. Now it seems like the only way I can complete the goal is to pay 60 gems to bypass the craft and collect. That doesn't seem right.

...I tried to craft a souvenir frog's breath. I have one in my inventory and the craft frog's breath checked off in the goal, but when I started the second craft, it unchecked. Now I need to craft the frog's breath and give the frog's breath. I was going to give the one in the inventory and then tap the cauldron to get the second souvenir frog's breath. But since I can't give the one in inventory. I can't get the other one out of the cauldron. Help! What can I do?

Some materials can be kept as souvenirs.. but not all. This has always been so. I would try the normal procedure to try and help the game memorize what you have completed.. that's resetting game.
Turn off complete and then on again, allowing time to reload every detail.. do this about 5times. If this doesn't work.. delete game completely and reload from AppStore.. again allowing to reload every detail (this will take more time) and hoping you return to the point you made the first Frog'sBreath.
If all this doesn't work.. the simplest thing is to gem ahead.. this would resolve but costs gems.
Hope you find a way out.

msmorg
10-30-16, 10:44 PM
Not just a witch an Elf Witch(see the pointy ears) :p

WARNING: The ability to collect Witch Dust goes away each day AFTER you collect from the final Adventure(and adventure goes away as well).

So if you want to get ahead on Witch Dust, max it out or collect as much as you need at least for next couple of days BEFORE you collect from last Adventure.

Here is the strategy to give yourself the best possible chance of completing this event with minimal or no gem usage if your schedule allows the time needed to implement... Hope it helps!

1) Look ahead based on carefully reading info in post 2 and obtain all items needed and level up all buildings and have the ready to collect ahead of time. Use all energy/time between chapters to first get the required items and prepare the right level buildings.

2) The Key resources are Witch's Dust and Earth Wisps. You will need approximately 305 Dust in this event with a max of 99 in inventory at any one time. So as early in the game as possible, after preparing all other items needed a day or 2 in advance, try to stockpile 99 Witch's Dust and keep Earth Wisps as full as possible. Each time you send an adventure out, immediately collect the 10 Witch's Dust needed to replenish the ones you used for the adventure. BEFORE collecting the last adventure of the day replenish the Dust to 99.

3) Stockpile every "storeable" form of energy as is possible for day 7... You will need as much energy as possible available to defeat 50 werebeasts on that day. This energy that should be kept for day 7 includes energy boxes, fairy elixir(max out the needed ingredients to craft on day 7). Also have any 7 day Ali's and horses ready collect on day 7. Try to time any (4-100) 1 day Alis to be ready early on day 7 and use them first so they are recharging for the next day. Also make sure to collect from the Wizard schools as soon as they are available throughout the day.

4) Use day 5 as a preview of day 7 since you battle 25 werebeasts then... Try to ONLY
use 1 day Alis and Wizard schools for energy on day 5 and do not break into your other energy reserves.

5) Don't despair if you don't think day 7 is doable in one day... If it rolls over into day 8 it appears you'll be able to recover the time and catch up on day 8.

6). If you survive day 7(and 8 and 9) map out your strategy for day 10 to allow you to collect the needed straw as fast as possible(have as many farm houses as is possible) and start the craft early... Then figure out how to get the final 6 adventures collected... If you can't collect every 2 hours you will have to speed up the adventures... No other way around it. Each adventure costs 50 gems per adventure to skip OR 16 Gems to speed up once sent.

I hope this info helps! :)

Ps: Here''s my plan for collecting Witch's Dust front loading as much as possible:

Chapter/ Use This Chapter/ Collect this Chapter/ On Hand at Beginning of This Chapter

2 15 15 0

3 20 119 0

4 20 20 99

5 40 40 99

6 50 50 99

7 40 40 99

8 30 21 99

9 30 0 90

10 60 0 60

This is very helpful but there seems to be a critical piece missing from Chapter 10 and that's 2 hours to craft the witches broom. I can't read through 100's of pages of discussion but on its face this Chapter isn't doable even with the reduction to 2 hours. The 6 adventures will take 12 hours plus the witches broom is 2 and that doesn't even take into account collecting from 50 farmhouses which who can fit more than 5 or 6 with all the other stuff we have to cram in our kingdoms, that's going to take 48 minutes but that's assuming u sit and collect every 10 minutes which is ridiculous in itself. How does S8 see that as fair and realistic? So any one who wants to finish this quest has to gem through 6 adventures? What am I missing?

SpiritWind00
10-30-16, 10:52 PM
This is very helpful but there seems to be a critical piece missing from Chapter 10 and that's 2 hours to craft the witches broom. I can't read through 100's of pages of discussion but on its face this Chapter isn't doable even with the reduction to 2 hours. The 6 adventures will take 12 hours plus the witches broom is 2 and that doesn't even take into account collecting from 50 farmhouses which who can fit more than 5 that's going to take 100 minutes and that's assuming u sit and collect every 10 minutes which is ridiculous in itself. How does S8 see that's fair and realistic? So any one who wants to finish this quest has to gem through 6 adventures? What am I missing?

:) you don't have to read anything except what I put in posts 1&2&3. Farmhouses drop 1-3 hay, so it can be done quite quickly, ie in half an hour if you half a dozen of them out. Sell a cottage if you want to do it quicker and buy a farmhouse instead.

You may need to use a few gems if you're pressed for time. Just need to work out your own plan. Go from the end of the event and work backwards in the day. When are you due to start ch10?

SpiritWind00
10-30-16, 10:57 PM

Sorry, I didn't read your post like there was a problem. I thought you were just wondering how to make a second potion as a keepsakes. I'll reopen your thread and we can work on it there. :) sorry for the misunderstanding.

MoonVillage3
10-30-16, 10:59 PM
Witches Den appears to drop coins only for the past 4 times. Disappointed. I like the flying witch, and I have a flying genie, too. I don't recall if she is new or came along with this event.

The genie is called Anthia

(quoted from Game Guide)
Anthia
Found: prize from the Cherry Hive Event April 2016
Drops / Uses: character on your game board only if you completed the Event

edit correction: Genie is Zabrina.. Anthia is the crossed eyed fairy

eastie41
10-30-16, 11:19 PM
The genie is called Anthia

(quoted from Game Guide)
Anthia
Found: prize from the Cherry Hive Event April 2016
Drops / Uses: character on your game board only if you completed the Event

Thanks for reminding me. :)

RevdKathy
10-30-16, 11:54 PM
I thought Anthia was the cross-eyed fairy? ( I didn't get her). The genie is "Zabrina" and she Cameron the desert adventure.

Our population is getting an awkward demographic though. Time for some more male characters

nomadma
10-30-16, 11:55 PM
Well, stocking up on supplies and setting alarms to get up in the middle of the night to get things started just doesn't help when one is stymied by freind replies... 22.5 hours and counting. Sighhhhh probably am going to give a miss to future events that call for more than 24 hours in a day. I've been playing 6 years, and about done being timed to do events that are failed after playing like a maniac. And yet, without events, the game becomes boring. How frustrating! Don't I play for fun?

LavaMagic
10-31-16, 12:10 AM
Anyone else have their timer drop from 5:36 to 10 seconds. I used energy crates to get the last of the witch's dust that I needed. I was about to purchase gems since I only had 5:36 left. I was just about to hit the purchase gems button to speed up the last few adventures when the timer dropped from 5:36 to 10 seconds. The game didn't have a sync error, the timer just dropped. That was a lot of wasted energy and gems I had already used to have something like that happen. :mad:

nomadma
10-31-16, 01:49 AM
Well, stocking up on supplies and setting alarms to get up in the middle of the night to get things started just doesn't help when one is stymied by freind replies... 22.5 hours and counting. Sighhhhh probably am going to give a miss to future events that call for more than 24 hours in a day. I've been playing 6 years, and about done being timed to do events that are failed after playing like a maniac. And yet, without events, the game becomes boring. How frustrating! Don't I play for fun?

26 hours, second requests sent, for 20/150 to respond. I cull inactive players regularly. So much for this event. 😕

vaso1908
10-31-16, 02:45 AM
I think this event was doable without spending gems but only if you checked the forum and planned ahead. So, in a way, it does require gems since all these people skipped through in order to inform the rest of us. If it wasn't for all of you, most of us wouldn't make it and I'm very greatful for that.
S8, please, make future events more attainable. I do appreciate a good challenge but we shouldn't have to be on our devices 24/7.

katbtodd
10-31-16, 03:09 AM
I think this event was doable without spending gems but only if you checked the forum and planned ahead. So, in a way, it does require gems since all these people skipped through in order to inform the rest of us. If it wasn't for all of you, most of us wouldn't make it and I'm very greatful for that.
S8, please, make future events more attainable. I do appreciate a good challenge but we shouldn't have to be on our devices 24/7.

Well said, we all have lives out side this game this would be one of the reasons I would get done, and remove the game from my iPad , I do NOT have a phone, every morning playing is great, , but when your stuck home all weekend, not so good,
It was a great holween event .. BUT!

hagypagy
10-31-16, 04:37 AM
Our population is getting an awkward demographic though. Time for some more male characters

I agree!
More male characters please

PrincessCelestian
10-31-16, 05:04 AM
I thought Anthia was the cross-eyed fairy? ( I didn't get her). The genie is "Zabrina" and she Cameron the desert adventure.

Yes Anthia is the cross eyed fairy and Zabrina is the genie.

MoonVillage3
10-31-16, 06:04 AM

my mistake.. you're correct. Anthia is the crossed eyed fairy!

riverly
10-31-16, 06:15 AM
I've done 6 trips to libraries. No spell book. Is this suppose to be another "rare" drop? Are these spell books different from regular spell books, because I am maxed on regular spell books. I'm glad this is not timed. I know I could skip with gems, but it's the principle and I don't want to use gems for this step.

MoonVillage3
10-31-16, 06:21 AM
I've done 6 trips to libraries. No spell book. Is this suppose to be another "rare" drop? Are these spell books different from regular spell books, because I am maxed on regular spell books. I'm glad this is not timed. I know I could skip with gems, but it's the principle and I don't want to use gems for this step.

The spellbook is collected from the library, so don't look for it elsewhere, and mine took quite a few collections. When it's collected, mine did not appear, so I don't know what it looks like. I saw the 'progress' sign flashing near the GuideBook. so I looked and it was checked off.
Wouldn't advise to you to spend gems, as the event finishes a little after when you receive the WitchesDen.. and the den gives only coins for yhe time being, so no rush.

riverly
10-31-16, 06:45 AM
Nope, not going to skip. I just wasn't expecting it to be such a random drop. And I'm assuming it's not timed. The spooky hollow event says end date is 11/02, so I'm hoping for some good drops from den after that. I hope so anyway!!!!

HappyHeartBakery
10-31-16, 06:56 AM
Can I just say I have NEVER been able to complete one of these events. I've been playing for probably a year, check the forums for planning, am at level 38(almost 39) and NEVER have enough resources, or buildings at the right level, or money to complete these tasks. I will NOT spend gems, play what should be frequently enough to be able to finish or at least get close, play many other games - therefore being familiar with how this all works. But as I speak now with the timer at 17+ hours, I am sitting on Chap 6 goal 3. Maybe next time I shouldn't even bother wasting all my resources by trying to complete these events and just stick with working on the regular Kingdom Goals. Ridiculous!

Irma_Isle
10-31-16, 07:48 AM
my mistake.. you're correct. Anthia is the crossed eyed fairy!

Hay... can you give me link to Anthia storyline? I Think i missed her.And curious how is she look and her storyground.

idrispad
10-31-16, 07:56 AM
I did finish this one with about 8 hours to spare but it was perhaps the least enjoyable one ever. All that choppkngdead trees was tedious beyond belief! Especially coming straight after that event when we had to chop millions of the drafted things :rolleyes:

It was only doable because I have multiples of many buildings, a good need of alicorns for energy, lots of spare coins and the fact that they reduced the time on the broom craft.

Irma_Isle
10-31-16, 07:57 AM

Agreed. So we can celebrate another wedding tomorrow Valentine... maybe male chara from Winter or Christmast even next? I imagine Junior Santa. Or Santa's assistant who will be The Next Santa but He fall from Santa's carriage to our kingdom and our ruler decide to make him home so he can gift us present all around year... (if you be a good) listen to it, Ivy!

Lets see... who will be his bride?

Irma_Isle
10-31-16, 08:05 AM
Can I just say I have NEVER been able to complete one of these events. I've been playing for probably a year, check the forums for planning, am at level 38(almost 39) and NEVER have enough resources, or buildings at the right level, or money to complete these tasks. I will NOT spend gems, play what should be frequently enough to be able to finish or at least get close, play many other games - therefore being familiar with how this all works. But as I speak now with the timer at 17+ hours, I am sitting on Chap 6 goal 3. Maybe next time I shouldn't even bother wasting all my resources by trying to complete these events and just stick with working on the regular Kingdom Goals. Ridiculous!

I once in your position. Stop at early chapter. 3 or 4. Because I think i wont make it. But this event... I spend 20 gems only and about 150 gems from withc alicorn community quest. Not because Halloween is my fav holiday. Not because the reward is great. But because even after read the difficulty from first page, I decide to go on. And not willing to give up after my dedicate. My time. My stress. My sleep. just because it will cost me gems which I can get free from many resources. I dont want it lost for nothing. If you dare to accept rain. You have to get wet.

Wonkaland99
10-31-16, 08:48 AM

If a sailboat can have an outboard motor a witch can have wings!

msmorg
10-31-16, 09:05 AM
:) you don't have to read anything except what I put in posts 1&2&3. Farmhouses drop 1-3 hay, so it can be done quite quickly, ie in half an hour if you half a dozen of them out. Sell a cottage if you want to do it quicker and buy a farmhouse instead.

You may need to use a few gems if you're pressed for time. Just need to work out your own plan. Go from the end of the event and work backwards in the day. When are you due to start ch10?

Thank you I bought a bunch more farmhouses and that should help as you pointed out they drop more than one straw. I'm just stressed about the 12 hours for journeys and the 2 for witches broom but I played in the middle of the night to finish chapter 9 so I'm hoping I can complete chapter 10 today, I need to travel and there is a time difference so I don't know how that will affect my end time for completing but I'll play as often as I can

8hat
10-31-16, 09:09 AM
This is my last storybook type event for Castle Story, EVER!

I try to be hopeful enough to finish but only got to chapter 8 this time. It's such a waste. I mean, in the early chapters you're like "that wasn't so bad" and then you have to wait 12-16 hours to start the next chapter. By about chapter 4 I have usually fallen behind and by the end I'm like "can I have my 36 hours back from the beginning?". At least in Dragon Story and Fantasy Forest Story (I never finish those storybooks either) you get a dragon or animal in the early chapters and food along the way. But in CS, all you get is stuff to make the next thing and if you can't finish, what's the point?

Wonkaland99
10-31-16, 09:23 AM
The spellbook is collected from the library, so don't look for it elsewhere, and mine took quite a few collections. When it's collected, mine did not appear, so I don't know what it looks like. I saw the 'progress' sign flashing near the GuideBook. so I looked and it was checked off.
Wouldn't advise to you to spend gems, as the event finishes a little after when you receive the WitchesDen.. and the den gives only coins for yhe time being, so no rush.

I had Ivy's Spell book dop from my second library collection, but then the game crashed and when I got back in it had been magicked away! Another 8 hours to wait.

caron7
10-31-16, 09:40 AM

I agree and hope S8 is listening. It isn't reasonable to ask people to be on the game continuously, or checking in every few hours. I'd love to follow along with a few clever steps a day, where I can keep my day job and check in morning and evening. I was up in the middle of the night for this event, since reset is 3 am here. That is not rational or reasonable. I've got to be smart enough to just say no, I guess, unless S8 can see the issue with these timed goals for those with odd reset times.

bald1e
10-31-16, 10:16 AM
I agree and hope S8 is listening. It isn't reasonable to ask people to be on the game continuously, or checking in every few hours. I'd love to follow along with a few clever steps a day, where I can keep my day job and check in morning and evening. I was up in the middle of the night for this event, since reset is 3 am here. That is not rational or reasonable. I've got to be smart enough to just say no, I guess, unless S8 can see the issue with these timed goals for those with odd reset times.

What would be nice was if the counter started from when you actually start the story.

IE: If i decided to begin the story at 8pm GMT it will end at 8pm GMT 10 days later instead of 8am GMT regardless of what time i start the story, As setting alarms every 2 hours through the night isn't my idea of fun, I was so tired i slept over an hour through my last alarm continuously going off and missed collecting my last adventure so missed out on the witch by an hour after wasting all them resources trying to get her.
Maybe if the servers hadn't of crashed a couple of days ago i might have finished it.

RevdKathy
10-31-16, 10:17 AM
Is the server down again in the UK? I can't get the game to load at all. :(

MoonVillage3
10-31-16, 10:22 AM
Hay... can you give me link to Anthia storyline? I Think i missed her.And curious how is she look and her storyground.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-Story-Main-Goal-Guide/page79

this should get you there.. scroll down the page till you reach 'The Cherry Hive'. You can then also link to the expired forum to see more info of how it goes.

Nikospets
10-31-16, 10:59 AM
I'm sure this has been asked before but it just happend to me again! Why am I getting neighbor requests that say they were sent 2 days ago? I play everyday and often 2 or more times a day I check in! I don't want my neighbor's to think that I am not responding to their requests!

HappyBunny09
10-31-16, 11:00 AM
Level 7 in ridiculous really s8 why you guys make it so difficult to win something on your timed events it's all about the money for you guys, and for people who have nothing else to do in their life but to spend it on the game.!!

HappyBunny09
10-31-16, 11:01 AM
I don't know why that happens but it happens to me all the time and I play every day too..

Jennerwein1
10-31-16, 11:13 AM
Question: I have 2 timers. The little timer in the right upper corner says 2 day, I click on it, then it says: event expires in one day. I am finishing chapter nine, not behind, always have to wait for next day. So which is it? Do I have time to finish 10 tomorrow or will it be expired before that? Thanks in advance for any help.

meme1098
10-31-16, 11:24 AM
I'm sure this has been asked before but it just happend to me again! Why am I getting neighbor requests that say they were sent 2 days ago? I play everyday and often 2 or more times a day I check in! I don't want my neighbor's to think that I am not responding to their requests!

That neighbor sent out more than 20 requests, say maybe 30 or more. All of those requests went out & everybody had them in their newsfeed, but as soon as the 20 limit was reached, the rest are dropped from the news feeds & rolled over to go out on the next day.
You did nothing wrong if you see requests over 2 days old...other neighbors just beat you to the punch. I've had some in the past that were much older, the oldest I think I've ever gotten was 5 days old.

Question: I have 2 timers. The little timer in the right upper corner says 2 day, I click on it, then it says: event expires in one day. I am finishing chapter nine, not behind, always have to wait for next day. So which is it? Do I have time to finish 10 tomorrow or will it be expired before that? Thanks in advance for any help.

The timers are always rounded off. The outside timer is rounded up. You have 1 day plus the hours left until reset - about 11 more hours or so. S8 is on Pacific time.

cookie2crumble
10-31-16, 11:51 AM
What would be nice was if the counter started from when you actually start the story.

IE: If i decided to begin the story at 8pm GMT it will end at 8pm GMT 10 days later instead of 8am GMT regardless of what time i start the story, As setting alarms every 2 hours through the night isn't my idea of fun, I was so tired i slept over an hour through my last alarm continuously going off and missed collecting my last adventure so missed out on the witch by an hour after wasting all them resources trying to get her.
Maybe if the servers hadn't of crashed a couple of days ago i might have finished it.

I agree we do have a life outside so do need to sleep. With a 7am cutoff this week (clocks gone back) I have to finish by bedtime making chapter 10 very difficult. We are not being given any extra time for the server issues. This will possibly be the last quest I will play. Can't say that the last few stories have been fun used a lot of resources and didn't finish most of them and missed out on the very odd and funny prizes. Very disappointed.

zoroak
10-31-16, 12:07 PM
Is the server down again in the UK? I can't get the game to load at all. :(

No, it's fine for me. Was on it now and also a couple of hours ago.

gogetgrubby
10-31-16, 12:24 PM
Been playing this game almost 3 years and have been caught in many gem traps (gems taken by mistakingly clicking) and paid many gems for goals I couldn't complete. Frustrating
I'm seriously considering deleting the app soon.

caron7
10-31-16, 01:16 PM

I'm sorry if you were affected by the outage and I do hope there is a solution.

Castle is my favorite of the S8 games, but I don't like quests that require this much time in the game- "casual arcade" games are supposed to be fun, maybe even a way to relax, not something that stresses us out more than everyday life! I read an interesting post way back there that said from an S8 point of view, the timing here was not too bad. For example, Reset at midnight, collect your straw, set your broom to make while you sleep. Maybe S8 had not considered how it works out for those of us with different reset times!! Let's hope they take a look at that.

And what about chapters opening after 22 hours, not 24? That way, you build up some extra hours if you play along each day and can have some extra time at the end. Or simply a full extra day (48 hrs) for the last chapter to allow people who missed a day or fell behind to catch up?

Often, we can choose to skip the quest, as the prizes are nice to haves, not musts. But this one seemed different, with Morgaine opening up a line of goals. I didn't want to miss out on this content, and I wanted everyone to get it! I hope somehow everyone can!

caron7
10-31-16, 01:20 PM
Been playing this game almost 3 years and have been caught in many gem traps (gems taken by mistakingly clicking) and paid many gems for goals I couldn't complete. Frustrating��

I'm very sorry about the gem losses, it happens to us all. I did invest in a set of styluses for the game. You can buy a dozen online for $10-15. I keep them handy near my favorite seats, in the car, purse, and usually one in my pocket. They do help with precision tapping. I waste gems much less often with these!

Nekohoshi
10-31-16, 01:40 PM
Witch's Den
Info:
Found: reward for completing goals associated with the Spooky Hollow event, October 2016
Drops: coin (awaiting confirmation if other drops)
Collection time:
Speed up:
Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94947-Castle-Story-10-20-Update-Spooky-Hollow-Event-10-20-11-02)

Plus it's fully built so no need to build.
I've collected from witch's den 10 times and see only the same 100 coins.
4 gems to speed up
Collection time is 1 hour

ShibuyaCloth
10-31-16, 02:24 PM
All pics and data now completed: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94947-Castle-Story-10-20-Update-Spooky-Hollow-Event-10-20-11-02&p=1359462&viewfull=1#post1359462

littelprincess0313
10-31-16, 02:39 PM
een playing this game almost 3 years and have been caught in many gem traps (gems taken by mistakingly clicking) and paid many gems for goals I couldn't complete. Frustrating

Hey I just bought the witch cause I was thrown out of my account yesterday. I should be angry about that but Im just happy to be able to play again. But I hope there will be some kind of solution for this problem these last days.
And a big thanks to SW!!! You helped me a lot in my first panic attack. And you were right getting my account back was no big deal in the end (still hope it will NEVER happen again ;) )

oceansoftime
10-31-16, 07:44 PM
I'm missing something... i have Ivy's Caldron but where is the Witch's Den?

meme1098
10-31-16, 08:35 PM
I'm missing something... i have Ivy's Caldron but where is the Witch's Den?

If you've completed Where the Witchy Things Are goals, the den goes in your Inventory.

yummy_bistro
10-31-16, 08:37 PM
Somehow I woke up at 5:30AM on 31st morning and chopped lots of dead trees and went on the 5th hollow journey. Then went back to sleep and repeat. The timer said 6 hours away and it is nowhere near 2/11!

Lucky I managed to finished before the 6 hour timer.

Now I have a flying witch ho ho

thx for all with advanced tips data, pics, gems to speed up so we can plan ahead.

The event is very intense, think I need to lie down now lo

Irma_Isle
10-31-16, 10:50 PM
Somehow I woke up at 5:30AM on 31st morning and chopped lots of dead trees and went on the 5th hollow journey. Then went back to sleep and repeat. The timer said 6 hours away and it is nowhere near 2/11!

Lucky I managed to finished before the 6 hour timer.

Now I have a flying witch ho ho

thx for all with advanced tips data, pics, gems to speed up so we can plan ahead.

The event is very intense, think I need to lie down now lo

Lucky you. I woke up and my last adventure didnt count. I dont know is it because my internet connection or because I send my adventure in the dream.

I manage to get her by speed up some adventure. Now thw quest done and she asj for her den, I tell her to wait. Too much attention needed. She have to learn some patient.

MoonVillage3
11-01-16, 03:09 AM
Lucky you. I woke up and my last adventure didnt count. I dont know is it because my internet connection or because I send my adventure in the dream.

I manage to get her by speed up some adventure. Now thw quest done and she asj for her den, I tell her to wait. Too much attention needed. She have to learn some patient.

This happened to me too. I did send off last 6th Adventure before sleeping.. only thing it did not synchronize due to the S8 server defects we were having and when I opened my game in the morning to collect the last adventure.. 'Yikes!!!!'
After a case of immediate wake up without coffee due to the fright.. the only thing I could do was gem ahead, or else, all would have been lost! Little time was there, and I know better not trust the timer till the last minute.

MisterBlu
11-01-16, 03:55 AM
I finally got the Witch's Den after using some gems to speed up a few stages and created a space for it only to find that on each collection all it gives is 100 coins and a blue star!!! What use are blue stars when you are at level 50?
Come on Storm 8. Give us something worth having at the end of the day after all the effort we had to go to and PLEASE GIVE US MORE EXPANSIONS. Unless we are given more space I will not be doing any more quests as I do not wish to spoil the kingdom I have created by storing items to make room for new ones.

lmirul
11-01-16, 04:44 AM
I was able to finish the story book with 2 hours to go. It felt quite intense but thank you to the gemmers that made this possible!!

Just wanted to say that this has been the best Halloween event since I've been playing! Not only do we get a new cute purple witch character, we got access to old Halloween items through adventures, an extra building to send adventures, an extra stables, and four cute new pets! It was a lot of work but was totally worth it in my opinion :)

hagypagy
11-01-16, 04:46 AM
I have to admit as great as this quest and prizes are I'm super unhappy at the requirements for day 10!! :mad:

I was ready and waiting for chapter 10 but 14+hrs required in one day was too much to fit around normal life.

First event I've had to spend gems on to complete

jesslau9
11-01-16, 06:13 AM
I have to admit as great as this quest and prizes are I'm super unhappy at the requirements for day 10!! :mad:

I was ready and waiting for chapter 10 but 14+hrs required in one day was too much to fit around normal life.

First event I've had to spend gems on to complete

I started the previous event (should be x marks the spot) late and had to pay 120 gems for the final leg ..
The last community event, I didn't even get my building up to 10.

now this event, i made some stupid mistake like forgetting to collect from adventure,

20 neighbor request was only done after 18hours

oh and had to speed up 4 towers (12gems total) because i had 7 towers that gave me 16 orbs first collection.
then guess what?? I hoped to speed up just 2 towers but 3 towers gave me ONE ORB EACH... That was 19orbs...
So mad.

Down to my last 4 adventures.

Oh and no pets dropped for me. Meh

Aerial123456
11-01-16, 08:29 AM
Fingers crossed I don't hit any server issues, but I'm on track to finish the Storybook Adventure and I'm super pumped about it! I've played many Storybooks but I very rarely am able to finish them, despite using the threads for help and trying to time it with my real-life needs.

I LOVED that the adventures dropped fun decorative items, and wished I could've sent more adventures than necessary to get more decor. I appreciated only needing 20 items from my neighbors, which I got fairly quickly by adding neighbors from the threads here. Reducing the witch's broom craft from 6 hours to 2 is the only thing that's making me finishing this possible, so thank you Storm 8!

I was unable to finish the last despite what felt like near-constant gameplay, so doing all of the adventures on just my Queen's Court was rough, but I'm happy to FINALLY be able to finish an event and get more fun Halloween stuff for my kingdom!

DrP4ever
11-01-16, 10:23 AM
Finally crafting but disappointed that I just earned the workshop speed up thing and it doesn't work. I have 2 hours for this to craft and 6 adventures in 13 hours. Wifi only and have a life that doesn't allow me to sit on my game so I'm this close and won't earn the reward. Don't know why I try actually. Another unvisited quest for me and nothing to show for it.

MoonVillage3
11-01-16, 11:48 AM
Finally crafting but disappointed that I just earned the workshop speed up thing and it doesn't work. I have 2 hours for this to craft and 6 adventures in 13 hours. Wifi only and have a life that doesn't allow me to sit on my game so I'm this close and won't earn the reward. Don't know why I try actually. Another unvisited quest for me and nothing to show for it.

I think you can make it.. speed up the Adventures toward the end to gain some time if you have gems in store?

Clark_Wayne
11-01-16, 12:13 PM
chapter 9 , act 3 and less than 12h left :(
another event i'm not finishing :mad:
anyway i don't care about castle story anymore

cowsonlake
11-01-16, 12:24 PM
I wonder if they would consider extending this quest. I'm still on Chapter 8!
I ran out of time on the last quest and didn't get to upgrade my Haunted Castle to Level 10. And now this??!!
I've been playing this game since 2011, spent a lot of money... and now I'm feeling behind.
Not sure if I still have the motivation to continue to spend money and time.
Good luck to everyone. It was good while it lasted.

DrP4ever
11-01-16, 12:28 PM
Nope not making it. 11.5 hours and need 6 adventures. I had lost over 150 gems due to server issues on last quest....somehow it thought I clicked on something when I didn't and poof no more gems. Refuse to buy gems until there is a confirmation button.

caron7
11-01-16, 12:41 PM
Nope not making it. 11.5 hours and need 6 adventures. I had lost over 150 gems due to server issues on last quest....somehow it thought I clicked on something when I didn't and poof no more gems. Refuse to buy gems until there is a confirmation button.

I think speeding up adventures after 1 hour is few gems? You might try it to get through. Good luck!

MoonVillage3
11-01-16, 12:42 PM

I understand your problem, eventually this mistake happens to all players eventually. But the positive side is you're very near to the finish line. It takes 12Gems to speed an Adventure, much less if you speed it toward the end.
However.. I wish you the best of luck and no disappointments.

Anaboe
11-01-16, 04:06 PM
Finished, just before bed-time. Got all 4 creatures, and the fairy-witch. Now back to restocking :)

vulpesvulpes1
11-01-16, 05:56 PM
This is the 3rd straight (or 3 of 4) Storybook adventures which couldn't be completed w/o gems, even with playing throughout the day. I'm about to cut back on playing if that's going to be the norm.

DrP4ever
11-01-16, 08:39 PM
Nope, 3 hours, still need 3 adventures.

transberry
11-01-16, 08:53 PM
This is the 3rd straight (or 3 of 4) Storybook adventures which couldn't be completed w/o gems, even with playing throughout the day. I'm about to cut back on playing if that's going to be the norm.

Yup had to spend 42 gems to speed up adventures and that was with near constant playing

Somehow my game lost 14 hours in between days 7 and 8, had so many days/hours left for 3 hours over 14 hours missing

And due to trying for witch not enough energy to try to get other creatures missed ghost by 30

Julie0176
11-01-16, 09:39 PM
Well, it's taken a long time coming (I've been playing for years) but this is one gem-hungry quest too far. I'm dumping the game. It's really not do-able unless you're prepared to spend excessive amounts of money or time. Venturing relentlessly off out again on that adventure was the final straw. I need to preserve my sanity. Bye folks 

D_Raho
11-01-16, 10:02 PM
On my last one. I'll be finishing with only minutes to spare. No gems spent, but far too much time was wasted on this. Tally me down as another unhappy camper.

8pry8
11-02-16, 12:50 AM
I'm a LL player and could do it more or less without spending gems, thanks this thread! (I only used gems, because I didn't already had enough creep theet and they are hardly to get). I know that there are many things easier for LL and especially the less needed upgrades safed me (because I had quiet no money and iron is expensive). Further I only have one wizard school and no ali, also no greenhouse or so. I have the game on my phone, so it was easy to have a short look on it every 2 hours, when energy was refilled and used them. Overall I found it good doable (but only with the forum, when you could prepare the needed things), thanks!!

katbtodd
11-02-16, 03:28 AM
Does anybody know after this event are the cute Cauldrons going to be useful or just decorations only

BahSunFarms
11-02-16, 05:34 AM
Totally missed the witch. I needed about two more days. Ah well.

msmorg
11-02-16, 08:58 AM
Thank you I bought a bunch more farmhouses and that should help as you pointed out they drop more than one straw. I'm just stressed about the 12 hours for journeys and the 2 for witches broom but I played in the middle of the night to finish chapter 9 so I'm hoping I can complete chapter 10 today, I need to travel and there is a time difference so I don't know how that will affect my end time for completing but I'll play as often as I can
This is follow up to let those that may be traveling when completing timed events, I had to start the game a few days before I left on a trip and advanced through to Chapter 9 the evening before returning home. I started chapter 10 early the morning I was returning and I spent 80 gems to speed through the Adventures to complete Chapter 10 and get Morgaine just minutes before boarding a plane for a 6 hour flight. The timer said i had 9 hours to complete the game, but I didn't want to risk it, since there was a 3 hour time zone change at my destination. It's a good thing I did that, as by the time I landed and got my luggage and returned to the game the event had expired.

cookie2crumble
11-02-16, 02:34 PM
Managed to finish just before bedtime last night. Got the witch. Got 10 werebeasts and needed 99 spirits, nearly 80 werewolf and 98 mummy so as far as I am concerned this quest was a very pointless exercise.

stargaze91
11-02-16, 10:47 PM
Does anybody know after this event are the cute Cauldrons going to be useful or just decorations only

I would like to know about what'll happen to the cauldrons too
And the first page says the limit for brewing cauldron is 1... but I was able to make 2 ..I made 2 Ivy's concoction and bought an extra empty cauldron for 5 gems in the potion shop, in ' fill the cauldron with Ivy's concoction ' step

Chaotarch
11-03-16, 02:17 AM

deco, just to have...
like scrubbys workbench... sadly only 50 p-flags crafted:mad:

Anaboe
11-23-16, 10:46 AM
Does anybody know if the Library can drop more than 1 Ivy's Spellbook? I have 1, but want another one, for I fear the one in inventory will dissapear the moment I read it...