PDA

View Full Version : I stopped caring

AnglChk507
10-17-16, 11:22 AM
I stopped caring about this game. I still play when I remember I have it but otherwise with how they are developing this game I find myself disliking it more and more. Leaderboards like mentioned a thousand and one times over I lost interest in. Spin the wheel aspect where I never get a dragon unless I already have it I stopped caring. The community games even then are almost impossible to to get so I stopped caring. The whole chapters part in this game is ridiculous because they make it impossible with the food requirements and all crafting a and the particular dragons you have to breed to move on and the tournaments it's nearly impossible to move forward without gold so I can't stand this event. And lastly the tournaments involving dragon and dragon I stopped caring about because I never have food to lvl any up because all the other pointless event takes all the food so I'm stuck not progressing even in those. And lastly the new and so called improved bingo portion which is yes a tiny bit simpler but also pretty annoyingly done so with every aspect this game has to offer I just stopped finding the fun that I used to feel for this game... so to the dragon community I'm not going to be on much anymore I'll play here and there but the joy I used to get when playing the fun I had meeting new people and helping people just isn't keeping the joy in. This game brings me more annoyance and so much stress and that's not ok. Trying to make each deadline giving up my time into things I can't even win. Even with gold I can't. So I'm sorry dragon world. I'll come on and send things to the ones on my friend list but other than this game is becoming a distant memory

chewingthecud
10-17-16, 07:50 PM
I tend to agree. I began playing these S8 games about 4 years ago to relax and have fun. In the last year or so they have become so involved that they now are more like work. I too am getting to the point where I may just delete the games. This is not a rant rather just an observation that the focus of these games has changed and no longer really meets my personal needs. A pity though.

Kennedward
10-17-16, 08:05 PM
I agree for the most part

And actually I stopped caring about new dragons for over a year or so, and only played to collect gold from my gold producing dragons

Now I only play because I have saved up more than enough gold and figured I'll see what I can spend it on, but I never buy any regular coins producing dragons, I only buy those gold-only purchases like 4 dragon habitats, gold producing dragons, etc.

Anyways, I always tell those to relax and just don't participate, like how I do for all leaderboard events, no point in caring when I cannot win

EmmaLedger95
10-17-16, 08:20 PM
I also agree with how the game has changed, and it feels like work. I took a long break for personal reasons but I too loved this game for the calming aspect and no pressure like other games I'd been playing. This is like a whole new game now. Leaderboard, I learned a terrible lesson there and don't think it feels very good to be in something that has a tendency to pit players against each other. People leaving not so nice messages on others walls etc. I miss the DS I started playing over three years ago. I realize change can be great and keep things fresh but some of this change is not one I can keep up with. I don't want to set timers to wake up at 4am for a game again, that's crazy and not at all relaxing. I imagine I will continue playing but for my own sanity I suppose I need to pick and choose what events I will participate in from now on. Not to be negative Storm8 so please don't misconstrue, I'm trying to word this very carefully.

comeseecomesah
10-17-16, 08:47 PM
Tell it like it is. Everything now is geared for those who buy lots of gold. Leaderboard is unfair to many,especially Android who don't have Artic isle to breed for points, also not everyone can afford and/or has room for a 2nd evo chamber. Oh I can't even bother to go on. I agree with a lot of the above posts and game just is not as good as used to be. Shame I spent so much on it. It doesn't matter how many people leave the game because there's always new players starting. Sighhhh

orson92
10-18-16, 11:44 AM
i couldn't agree more with AnglChk507 more..believe it or ot this game has an age rating of 4+..I'd like to see a 4 yr old try and play this game on their own..I have played since the beginning almost.it used to be fun and you looked forward to the tournament , new seasonal dragons and the ODD event
Now its a time labouring effort for any of these things.The Spin to Win wheel is a joke..tournaments are too many and now getting too long..breeding is next to impossible
This game has gone from a fun free game toa time consuming, dollar consuming effort
I have multiple accounts and have lost mst of my interest in all of them
I was so fed up, that I finally deleted all my FFS games ( Fantasy Forest)
Storm 8 doesn't really care about how we feel aboutthe game , all they really care about is how much money are we willing to spend and judging from the Leadetboard, some are willing to spend alot on something virtual.
Well thats thoughts ������

AwesomeChefDad
10-18-16, 02:19 PM
Quite true..

I think the algo penalizes the long term player, probably because they know the higher level players arent going to buy anything so why worry about them? I am in that category, I have enough gold to do what I want as I want and when you have played so long the dragons you either have or dont care about too much.

I also agree about the contests..playing against other members is not fun for me so in this current deal I will try to get the habitat and see what else happens..while trying to breed the royal/diamond I dont have. I wont buy the points producing gadget this time, I think they bumped up the vig and it isnt worth it.

I think the core of the game lost its focus when they started majorly pumping out new content and dragons and started upping everything from breeding times to reducing gold (or eliminating) from tournaments etc..

Not much positive for players has come outside the interesting designs and creativity, but it is outweighed by the reducing everything else, raising costs and breed times and competing against others etc...

starship412
10-18-16, 02:57 PM
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed yet. You all are speaking truth oh so well. The game is starting to be a chore and cutthroat business instead of what it's supposed to be - a leisurely fun game.

Leaderboards - I don't put any effort into them at all (I'm always put into "rich" groups)
Dragon Tales - Once in a great while I'll go for the final dragon (Queen, Little Mother, Prime Arcane and Autumn are the only Tales I completed)
World Event - Used to be fun until they stopped putting the final individual dragon within reach
Breeding - I swear if Athletic, Coral, Island don't stop coming to my island.... Once upon a time black hybrids were easy to breed, now they seem to be ultra rare like diamond dragons.
Taking gold out of tournaments: What the heck is that? I understand lowering the gold amount from 10 to 5 but taking them totally out while making the champion dragons tougher is greedy and sad.
The Android/iOs Division: I get that there's different algorithms for the platforms but the disparity is alarming. How about putting something in Android that iOs won't have to level the playing field.
Dragon Tales Requirement to Breed A Specific Dragon: In the latest Tales, we were required to breed a Charm Dragon. Hello, when trying for Charm people could get that 32 hour waste of time Titan. Here's a suggestion, if you require a dragon to be bred for Tales then the longest fail should be 16 hours not 32.
Discrimination of High Level Players: Just because a person is level 150 and over doesn't mean they should be treated worse than someone at level 32 in the breeding process. New dragons should come from breeding just like the level 32 guy.
Flatfoot and the Dragon Artists: You guys rock! Y'all are the best thing about this app going on now. The latest dragons you've designed are awesome. Keep up the fantastic work and keep em coming.

I think I brought up enough issues. I hope some of these are listened to but I'm not holding my breath and waiting.

FieldsLikeB
10-18-16, 04:52 PM
I stopped caring this time around in tales myself. I had enough to finish only if I bought it (and I had the gold) because it was impossible to finish the tales growing food.

Thing is that once I got to high level I was not wealthier real life I had no extra farms to grow the humongous amount of food. So the seniors that play DS where I volunteer and about ten of my friends just said no way are we doing this.

It's not fun it's too hard even if you stockpile food and I tried that this go around. Now there's another leader board.

I play now for the mining dragons world events and the tournaments.

Now they want me to buy this year's Halloween dragons. That's not fun.

They took away my enjoyable hobby and replaced it with a true source of stress and I'm really angry.

AnglChk507
10-18-16, 05:48 PM
Aha omg you are right!!! They didn't close my thread lol shocker!! But yeah it sucks because I've played when this game had been out for maybe a year so I think 3 yrs I've played mostly android and recently just got Apple so now it an iOS device but I just cant.. and to be frank I am there rich player as well I used to by over 1000 in gold like an idiot may I add in a year if not more because I would also charge it to my phone bill so.. even as a rich player I was having the hardest times with events and tournaments the whole food process sucked they ask way to much of us and I never noticed the age of 4+ they should change it to 16+ because I completely agree no 4+ yr old would understand or make it through in this game even if for fun they would face there first challenge and probably run away.. heck I'm 27 almost 28 and I'm running lol

Kennedward
10-18-16, 07:16 PM
Quite true..

I think the algo penalizes the long term player, probably because they know the higher level players arent going to buy anything so why worry about them? I am in that category, I have enough gold to do what I want as I want and when you have played so long the dragons you either have or dont care about too much.

I also agree about the contests..playing against other members is not fun for me so in this current deal I will try to get the habitat and see what else happens..while trying to breed the royal/diamond I dont have. I wont buy the points producing gadget this time, I think they bumped up the vig and it isnt worth it.

I think the core of the game lost its focus when they started majorly pumping out new content and dragons and started upping everything from breeding times to reducing gold (or eliminating) from tournaments etc..

Not much positive for players has come outside the interesting designs and creativity, but it is outweighed by the reducing everything else, raising costs and breed times and competing against others etc...

Same here regarding gold, I have saved up thousands of gold, but won't be spending them easily when it took me so long to save

It was better in the earlier days when the game gives free gold, so I think you and I both managed to get gold producing dragons for free, but now when there's hardly any free gold, it's a clear sign that we should spend gold wisely

KadeeDid
10-18-16, 07:51 PM
This was the first S8 game I played quite a few years ago and I loved it. I joined the forums over 4 years ago so was playing before that. I stopped for a while after the Battle option came out. Now, I often forget to play too. The battles make no sense and a Level 1 common dragon can beat a Level 15 Ultra Rare of a type that is supposed to work. The only way to get through the events and breed the correct dragon is by checking the forums but that feels like *****ing and really takes the fun away. The past month, I have been not really caring about a lot of the games.

monbohn
10-18-16, 09:33 PM
Everything here pretty much sums up what I posted in the last event thread. The game has become overwhelming and stressful and doesn't bring me too much joy anymore. I stay because I have 3 loyal friends I trade gold with and because I made a lot of new friends when all this craziness started so we could help each other when required to collect a number of items from friends and they faithfully respond to my requests for maps so I want to be sure to respond to any requests I get as well. Plus the amazing dragons and habitats. But back to back to back events here and on FFS is just too much. I have so many dragons I still need to evolve but can't acquire enough food for everything these days. So I'll try to ignore the pop ups and just play leisurely, working on things I want to work on. I've spent way too much recently trying to keep up with everything. And when you start to dread certain days of the week because of updates in a game it's time to take a step back and either stop playing or change how you're playing so it becomes fun again.

EvieandIzzie
10-18-16, 09:59 PM
I agree with most of the sentiments here.
I do like the Leaderboard time.:eek: Why, because it gives me time to growth food and also a chance to spin food all for the Tales. But really this game is a task, not time to enjoy it as they keep a constant stream of events, which I just heard is another Tales in 10 days time!:mad: Not time to build up my food stock so unless this is related to the Light vs. Dark theme I will be out of that Tales and nearly totally out of this game as well.

jjblueyes
10-21-16, 04:53 AM
I started losing my mind here awhile ago and I've posted often about how it's gone from a super fun game to a chore, a job, work that I pay to do.
I am glad I'm not the only one who's noticed the older players are ignored. Even if I liked the leaderboard (I do not!) I usually have most of the dragons and the thing that really gets me is seeing dragons I really worked so hard to get be put up as prizes or for sale. Why bother working so hard, I probably will see it as a leaderboard prize or for sale.
No dragon is special anymore really. If I were a newer player it would be cool but 4 years out its just not fun.
Besides no room to put it and no food to grow them (if you plan on doing any tales you can't do anything but harvest)
and no play without BIG pay...I'm seriously over it.
There is a huge change in this game and in the forum community. We would post on the tourney thread to help each other. I don't bother anymore. Many many reasons but I'm burned out I think is the largest one.
It is sad that after all these years I feel I'm not a valued customer and I won't be missed....
Just mho and if you enjoy the way the game is I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

belarica
10-21-16, 06:22 AM
I think the saddest part of these new "events" is that it's basically ****ed this games community. The forums used to be so active and helpful and friendly. No ones made discussion posts (aside from this one) regarding returning dragons, the tourney threads are empty. The people who are left are so burnt out and jaded, everything is a complaint (and I'm not complaining about that.)

Unfortunately, leaderboards have probably done irreparable damage that even if we never saw another one that these forums will never have the activity they once did. With new bingo being a disguised leaderboard it's basically a nail in the coffin.

I miss our old dragon story. I miss our world events. I miss having an empty right side of my game screen. I miss our community.

Kennedward
10-21-16, 06:30 AM
I started losing my mind here awhile ago and I've posted often about how it's gone from a super fun game to a chore, a job, work that I pay to do.
I am glad I'm not the only one who's noticed the older players are ignored. Even if I liked the leaderboard (I do not!) I usually have most of the dragons and the thing that really gets me is seeing dragons I really worked so hard to get be put up as prizes or for sale. Why bother working so hard, I probably will see it as a leaderboard prize or for sale.
No dragon is special anymore really. If I were a newer player it would be cool but 4 years out its just not fun.
Besides no room to put it and no food to grow them (if you plan on doing any tales you can't do anything but harvest)
and no play without BIG pay...I'm seriously over it.
There is a huge change in this game and in the forum community. We would post on the tourney thread to help each other. I don't bother anymore. Many many reasons but I'm burned out I think is the largest one.
It is sad that after all these years I feel I'm not a valued customer and I won't be missed....
Just mho and if you enjoy the way the game is I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Agreed!

I also no longer care for new dragons nor do I post much about my battles anymore, it's just not fun and feels too much like work

Leaderboard was the beginning for me, and now with Bingo, overall new events like those feels more like work than fun, so I stopped participating in those events

The only thing keeping me playing is collecting gold from my gold producing dragons, it took me 4 years saving free gold to get my gold collection, which right now it's impossible for any newer player to do because the game no longer offers free gold

jjblueyes
10-21-16, 06:35 AM
I think the saddest part of these new "events" is that it's basically ****ed this games community. The forums used to be so active and helpful and friendly. No ones made discussion posts (aside from this one) regarding returning dragons, the tourney threads are empty. The people who are left are so burnt out and jaded, everything is a complaint (and I'm not complaining about that.)

Unfortunately, leaderboards have probably done irreparable damage that even if we never saw another one that these forums will never have the activity they once did. With new bingo being a disguised leaderboard it's basically a nail in the coffin.

I miss our old dragon story. I miss our world events. I miss having an empty right side of my game screen. I miss our community.

You expressed this so much better then I did. Thank you. I started to try to explain but I couldn't get my feelings to come out in a organized way. My favorite thing was to post during the tournements and enjoy our United battles to earn our prize. It started going wrong when the game went wrong and it was more people frustrated, and then people jumping on the frustrated to tell them not to be frustrated and when people get rude, I'm out. It was exactly what you said. A positive, helpful place and I miss it too!
Thank you for articulating what I was not able to. I'm usually pretty good at expressing myself but the topic, maybe cause it saddens me so, wasn't coming out!
Thank you.
Jen

jjblueyes
10-21-16, 06:44 AM
Agreed!

I also no longer care for new dragons nor do I post much about my battles anymore, it's just not fun and feels too much like work

Leaderboard was the beginning for me, and now with Bingo, overall new events like those feels more like work than fun, so I stopped participating in those events

The only thing keeping me playing is collecting gold from my gold producing dragons, it took me 4 years saving free gold to get my gold collection, which right now it's impossible for any newer player to do because the game no longer offers free gold

Yes sir. Its a serious shame the turn it has taken. There's not many of us old players here posting. There's a few, and I enjoy seeing you all. It's just different now. Oh the good old days right? I think the leadership event really was the start of a new time and game direction and I wouldnt be hurt at all if it just went away. Thanks Ken.

blueangel826
10-21-16, 11:29 AM

This game is so time consuming now & I agree with every comment that has been posted! It's no longer a game, since games are supposed to be FUN! The comraderie that existed before has dwindled. Right now, there are 4 separate competitions going on! I don't participate in Leaderboards due to the overwhelming need to win & agree with many of you who feel that the introduction of LB was when DS took a major change in this game! I play when I can mainly to help my nbrs fulfill their requests. I know I'm not like most of you who've played for yrs, but I've worked to get a great collection of dragons that I enjoy. Can't believe that so many of the longtime players have walked away but the game has taken a totally different turn & I think frustration is building amongst many, including myself!

chuckyt888
10-21-16, 03:27 PM
Jen!!!!

I'm with you. The fun has been squashed for me. I don't know if they realize how this overlapping of events is damaging the player base. And to think.... I thought it was bad when a few dragons were being manipulated in the tournament back when all this started. I'd gladly take the game as it was in that state over this.

Yes sir. Its a serious shame the turn it has taken. There's not many of us old players here posting. There's a few, and I enjoy seeing you all. It's just different now. Oh the good old days right? I think the leadership event really was the start of a new time and game direction and I wouldnt be hurt at all if it just went away. Thanks Ken.

jjblueyes
10-22-16, 07:33 AM
Chucky!! ;)
hi! Amen friend, amen. I posted yesterday, left for the day, came on last night to see the world event (with dragons I have) and a tourney. I started laughing. Talk about irony. I miss a lot around here. Good to see you!!!

Jen!!!!

I'm with you. The fun has been squashed for me. I don't know if they realize how this overlapping of events is damaging the player base. And to think.... I thought it was bad when a few dragons were being manipulated in the tournament back when all this started. I'd gladly take the game as it was in that state over this.

jjblueyes
10-22-16, 07:37 AM
Your feelings are just as valid even if you've not been around since forever! Clearly you've been playing long enough to feel sad about the way it's going. I agree with your post.

This game is so time consuming now & I agree with every comment that has been posted! It's no longer a game, since games are supposed to be FUN! The comraderie that existed before has dwindled. Right now, there are 4 separate competitions going on! I don't participate in Leaderboards due to the overwhelming need to win & agree with many of you who feel that the introduction of LB was when DS took a major change in this game! I play when I can mainly to help my nbrs fulfill their requests. I know I'm not like most of you who've played for yrs, but I've worked to get a great collection of dragons that I enjoy. Can't believe that so many of the longtime players have walked away but the game has taken a totally different turn & I think frustration is building amongst many, including myself!

Kennedward
10-23-16, 07:35 AM
Lately there's also the overload of events

I know events are what keeps players playing, but it's too many

debosden
10-23-16, 11:55 AM
Now I know why I like to read the forum...I thought it was just me feeling overwhelmed with this game. Not too mention I also play Castle Story and both games are running events at the same time! DS certainly is not the game it used to be and will continue to challenge players with spending gold to completely meet these event challenges. I have backed off during these events. It will be interesting for me to see my results.

AltonHastur
10-23-16, 10:17 PM
I agree with all of these issues. For me the game has taken a downhill turn. I am not able to breed anything, no spin wins, even with champs and diamond: no tournament wins without gold....I have had it. T/L as they like to call themselves, overvalue a digital product by a lot. I spent my hard earned $ for what? What did I actually receive? A "demand" for more $, and loss of potential gold earnings, plus more demands on my time. Don't advertise social casual when it's not casual. It can't possibly be considered casual when you have to log in 10+ times per day to finish an event, or even have a hope of finishing one. Other than the social aspect of this game, I quit. I will not breed, will not take part in events, will NOT spend another dollar for more frustration. T/L you have ruined this game for me and a lot of others. For every post there are many more with the same sentiment. There are other games with better graphics that are less time consuming and much less expensive. Give us a reason to stay. If you really value us players, start doing that instead of trying to bleed us dry for a mediocre experience.

Kennedward
10-23-16, 10:33 PM
Oh yea, forgot to mention the spin the wheel

I never got anything but coins and maps......

graovac
10-25-16, 01:48 PM
This is really too much... 5 hours again and still I'm not able.to login in game. So tales is gone for me.also I will start late for turny. Same thing hapen before. Cafe and.farm logging in normally but this is []..and they expect I should reach for my.pocket and.pay.for. what?!

Clark_Wayne
10-25-16, 05:08 PM
Lately there's also the overload of events

I know events are what keeps players playing, but it's too many

totally agreed !
i really like ds (i think i never played a game so long!) but i'm really getting tired of all the event

freesiawoods
10-25-16, 05:28 PM
Yes. I'm too worn out to leave a long comment but agree with the rest. Too much work for too little return. Bugs that don't get fixed. Unfriendly customer relations. Old gold traps. Too many popups. Android inequality.

Kennedward
10-25-16, 06:30 PM
totally agreed !
i really like ds (i think i never played a game so long!) but i'm really getting tired of all the event

This actually feels a lot like work

Cause many of us know that working sometimes requires us to multi-task

Having so many events at the same time is basically telling players to multi-task

Multi-tasking feels more like work than fun

DR0G0N
10-25-16, 09:32 PM
Well...I'm not sure if anyone else have notice since everyone seem to be focusing on the overwhelming of oncoming events...but on top of what everyone has said...the current habitats, Trail of Terror and Hex Hill are on sale again for 200 gold (50 gold less than the previous sale). -_-...The previous sale wasn't even that long ago (within a month). So basically just lost 50 gold for nothing.

pirilipipilo666
10-26-16, 09:14 AM
I agree, there is no fun anymore,
Bingo, played one time, no fun
already stopped mining, impossible goal without gold
i stop doing events and i begin to trade my dragons

pernmagic
10-26-16, 09:38 AM
Jen and Ken you've been playing about a year longer than me...... You have said it all in your posts on here ..... It used to be fun ..... Getting stuck trying to breed a special dragon or struggling to get through a tournament and everyone helpful and supportive to each other and working together on world events etc ...... There was anticipation waiting for the next event and being able to feed up dragons while waiting for it to start ..... Now it's overwhelming, too much going on and little sense of community on forum ...... I play but my choice what I do very much .... Do not know for how long ...... Miss the old group feeling across it all .....

candylou36
10-26-16, 10:52 AM
I agree, I wish they would put in a conformation for gold and gems in their games. We all know to well how easy it is to touch something by accident and use all our gold or gems by accident. Other than that I like the games they have and with a little tweaking they would be more satisfying to play.

EmmaLedger95
10-26-16, 01:01 PM
I miss my neighbors and the community that was built up,in the forum. People were literally hysterical, the battle threads were long and full of discussion posts thrown in on players lives and their children. They're all gone now. I had 240 neighbors who helped me from the beginning when I had that tiny square to start the game, only 4 are still playing. High level Islands with beautiful dragons and habitats are just sitting there. I hated to delete them and start looking for new neighbors but yeah, that was depressing. Forum was great, sense of community was very strong you are all correct I felt welcomed from the start by very helpful people here and on my wall. Just the things I miss the most. What a melancholy post lol sorry.

Kennedward
10-26-16, 09:37 PM
Jen and Ken you've been playing about a year longer than me...... You have said it all in your posts on here ..... It used to be fun ..... Getting stuck trying to breed a special dragon or struggling to get through a tournament and everyone helpful and supportive to each other and working together on world events etc ...... There was anticipation waiting for the next event and being able to feed up dragons while waiting for it to start ..... Now it's overwhelming, too much going on and little sense of community on forum ...... I play but my choice what I do very much .... Do not know for how long ...... Miss the old group feeling across it all .....

I sort of missed the older days when players like us would get excited for a tournament and get the final dragon prize

But now when I see a new dragon made, I'm no longer excited, nor most of the older players, as most of the time they re-used the same old color combos that already have many dragons. i.e. the red and yellow combo for Cobra dragon, the current tournament prize

And the sad part is, a lot of the players who have been playing even before i did, and have gotten the Diamonds even before me, have left the game already, I have them as neighbors, but it's very clear they're inactive when I visit their islands

FireballFarm
10-27-16, 04:26 AM
I really hope the developers read this entire thread and very seriously consider all that has been said. The sentiments here echo the many, many comments that have been appearing in the various event threads for months now. So far, none of the concrit seems to have sunk in.

Despite all the negative comments about the Leaderboard events, we just got a new event, Bingo, that also pits players against one another. Smh. What attracted many of us to DS in the first place is that it was not a high-stress, competitive game. The game is supposed to be about breeding, collecting, and caring for your dragons and helping your neighbors out. It's listed as 'casual social,' and it used to be just that. But now, it's not.

If I wanted to compete against other players, I'd have chosen one of the hundreds of other available games where competition is the focus. But, I chose DS for a reason- I wanted to enjoy a low stress, relaxing, fun game with beautiful graphics. I liked taking care of my dragons, and I thoroughly enjoyed my many little triumphs: when I bred a new dragon, evolved a favorite dragon to epic, or won the monthly tournament. I liked that there was no direct competition with other players. I liked the World Events, where we all worked together.

Now, all these events and high-pressure time constraints are making me feel like I am always failing at something, always behind, always missing out on the new dragons. That's not very fun or rewarding. If I want to finish most of the next Dragon Tales (and now there is always one just around the corner), I can't even feed or evolve any of my dragons. The entire point of the game has been lost, and it makes me want to quit playing. The constant, relentless pushing makes me not want to spend money on gold. I want my fun, relaxing, cooperative-play Dragon Story back.

Additionally, I don't see how this new format could possibly appeal to new players. If I were a brand new player who just downloaded DS, I would delete the app within a couple days, after seeing how crazy and overwhelming the event scheduling is and how hard players are pushed to spend gold to complete everything. That's not appealing, at all, to new or to veteran players.

I hope S8 listens to the players and gets DS back on the right track.

Clark_Wayne
10-27-16, 09:50 AM
I sort of missed the older days when players like us would get excited for a tournament and get the final dragon prize

But now when I see a new dragon made, I'm no longer excited, nor most of the older players, as most of the time they re-used the same old color combos that already have many dragons. i.e. the red and yellow combo for Cobra dragon, the current tournament prize

And the sad part is, a lot of the players who have been playing even before i did, and have gotten the Diamonds even before me, have left the game already, I have them as neighbors, but it's very clear they're inactive when I visit their islands

yes i have lots of neighbors who are inactive anymore too

Shar33
10-28-16, 03:22 PM
I just came back after 2 years and I'm about to turn right around lol

chewingthecud
10-28-16, 04:57 PM
Hello all. Well after about 4 years of play, I have deleted DS. I had around 600 dragons and the game was fun for most of the time. The recent focus on events and now the multiple events have taken the fun factor out of the game for me. So I just want to so good bye to all my lovely neighbours and you all on the community site. Have fun and be happy!;)

Kennedward
10-28-16, 06:30 PM
Hello all. Well after about 4 years of play, I have deleted DS. I had around 600 dragons and the game was fun for most of the time. The recent focus on events and now the multiple events have taken the fun factor out of the game for me. So I just want to so good bye to all my lovely neighbours and you all on the community site. Have fun and be happy!;)

Goodbye!

EmmaLedger95
10-28-16, 07:21 PM

You were a good neighbor, you'll be missed. Goodbye :(

ZaneGodfrey
10-28-16, 08:22 PM

Happy Trails.

Is this what you want, S8?

Kennedward
10-28-16, 09:53 PM
This game has become so intense with events that it's hard to care about them anymore

In order to do well in events, especially leaderboards and bingo where you're competing with others, you have to spend quite a high amount of gold, which for some it also means spending money

I have gold saved up but won't be spending them easily just for a regular dragon prize that produces coins, because saving takes time, and I saved for years to get them, so I'll only spend my gold on gold only pruchases like gold producing dragons and 4 dragon habitats, but only when they're on sale, definitely won't be spending 4k gold to get the Gold Horizon Dragon that way, and because I also don't participate in bingo, it seems I won't get Gold Horizon Dragon until the price is more reasonable.

jjblueyes
10-29-16, 07:52 PM
Hey pern! Not been on the past few days but I appreciate your input. You are one of my wonderful nbrs and one huge reason I hang around ;)
Xoxo

starship412
10-31-16, 03:50 PM
I almost said to heck with this "game" too. It's too labor intensive. Nobody has the time to waste doing impossible tasks (tales), losing 35 or more times to a dragon (arena), and raising out of reach points (Leaderboard and World Event).

caramellenina
11-01-16, 07:08 AM
Yes my interest has been dying for a while. I play but it gets harder and harder to complete tasks because it's just not has fun due the fact money making is the main driving force behind how the games are run back to back and so many events at one time. The dragons become less valuable and you get either overwhelmed because you would like to participate and win but ultimately you lose interest because you figure out that you can't win everything and it's just no longer fun. :(

Shar33
11-01-16, 12:49 PM
It can't be all about money with them, when so many of the big spenders can't buy the new items and habitats they keep releasing, because of no where to put them. Some of my neighbor friends are complaining up a storm

random59
11-01-16, 01:32 PM
My interest is also waning, not participating in Tales, will see how the next round of bingo goes. I have a full time job and this is becoming a full time job with the hours need to play all events. May just compete in Tournaments and try to breed dragons I don't have.
Not feeling the warm fuzzies with this game!:(

Shar33
11-01-16, 02:02 PM
I've been reading through some of the threads around here and it's really amazing how all you guys get no comments out of them. Lots of wow while reading lol. Doesn't the devs or staff of an application usually get involved and take input from their users to add or better the game for the people using it? I'm curious, I thought it's usually like that

myra0876
11-01-16, 03:08 PM
I strongly agree with you. I started playing this game a year after it came out. I use to get so much stuff and it was fun. Now they're making it really hard for people that can't afford gems. I did quit for a while then came back on, now I'm just getting really annoyed with the game.

starship412
11-01-16, 03:15 PM
I've been reading through some of the threads around here and it's really amazing how all you guys get no comments out of them. Lots of wow while reading lol. Doesn't the devs or staff of an application usually get involved and take input from their users to add or better the game for the people using it? I'm curious, I thought it's usually like that

Once in a great while they do. Most of the time things are just ignored. I'm not going to speculate what some of them do when they read the comments but some may not be good.

maryamhjm
11-22-16, 06:47 AM
Hi all, I agree with the comments, I even stopped for a while, but started playing again this year. I can see that most of my neighbours also stopped playing since 2014/2015 so I needed to delete a lot to not ask for maps and such every day to inactive pkayers, so I can see that we are definitly not alone with this. I must add though that I never paid real money for anything in any of my storm8 games and I will not in any case, which I think makes it a bit less annoying, but still. You really need to be busy the whole day if not paying anything for gold and even than I will not reach the goal of earning the frostbite dragon.��

VanaCatu
11-22-16, 11:26 AM
well, i hope "your voices count" (c) ... somewhere, lol )))
in this case i'll put my 5 cents into this.
totally agree.
the babysitting way this game turned during last half a year, made it stressful instead of joyful.
the way it was at least year ago was really optimal: one event per month, one tale per month, and couple of tournaments - that was really good. that was "golden middle" which they definitely overstepped now.
no leaderbords, no bingo.
240k food for tales (not 380 like now), collectibles dropping decor + quest for events.
that was "eatable" and even "tasty".
now it just makes no sence to continue to put myself into stress.
if nothing's gonna change, gonna drop it in couple of months.

chewingthecud
11-22-16, 12:15 PM
Hello All. You will see a few pages back that I quit the game as it was just getting too stressful. Well I had a think and have now returned to the game however this time with a totally new game plan - I only play the quests etc I want to. I have totally ditched Bingo. Simply doing this has made the game fun again. I think it is fair to say that it is impossible to play Bingo and still win the other quests etc. The only way is to spend an enormous amount of gold and time. So I have become selective and this has made all the difference. It is telling I think when I look at my bingo leaderboard - there are more and more players at 0 points and many of them are at level 200 like me. So I am back and playing sanely again! ;)

amerirish
11-22-16, 12:40 PM
I also quit Bingo. It's not worth the stress and aggravation. If they eliminated the leaderboard aspect and just let us collect points (cumulatively) at our own pace, it would be a completely different story. The grand prize (of sorts) the gold producing dragon doesn't even give the full 5 bars per day which I find to be rather insulting. Totally not worth the time/energy IMHO.

KadeeDid
11-22-16, 02:10 PM
I am finding that I care less and less with the games I play. They are just not fun anymore. Some of the tasks are impossible if one has a life outside the game.

VanaCatu
11-22-16, 03:46 PM

Well, apparently it is :)
Seems like they decided to ease a bit:
tales now take 6 days, 210k food. But give 2 dragons only...
30rds arena takes 8 days and not 6...

After all, they reduced normal things in favor of not really normal.

I mean, wht we had before, was fair. Arena, tales, collecting events - you cd do yourself, no gold, just planning.

But obviously they suffered from too low income from gold purchasing, so they implemented already 2 features that are totally unfair in terms of users equality:
- leaderboard
- bingo

They both are about competition between users, but no equality any more: when you come to leaderboard or bingo in one day since it started and you see that first couple of guys have several thousands of points already... it is perfectly clear that you can only use gold to get there. To get dragon, or tickets, whatever.

I understand, the game is free, and devs sd be rewarded somehow...
But wd be great if they sort users a bit in case they decided to go this way "of gold" - i'm sure the servers register all gold purchases from each account. So put the spenders in separate groups, and not-spenders in other groups. Let the guys measure their gold between each other, not touching usual players...

EmmaLedger95
11-23-16, 06:26 AM
Bingo- I threw that time vampire away. That was the cause of huge stress with me in this game. So I see others are realizing that as chewingthecud mentioned, it interferes with too many other things we need and want to do on our islands. It is a game in itself. I'm playing my way again, tournaments and Tales when I want, and have the food saved. No more resorting to actually purchasing food for a Tales, or paying to skip that part. Leaderboard, I play like normal and will not spend money. It's all so much better this way, at least for me. Do I wish it could not always have 3,4, or 5 icons on the right side of my game- absolutely. I also wish the time between the events was increased as they used to be a treat and something to look forward to. It's definitely a wake up call when you get an alert from your Credit Card company about your recent months iTunes in app purchases. Lesson learned. I'm very happy one of my neighbors returned to the game. This thread does have positivity come out of it Storm8, and I'm glad we are able to keep it open as long as we remain civil. It's nice to have a conversation thread like we used to "back in the day" so thank you for that.

twospoons
11-23-16, 04:46 PM
i'm playing the stress-free way myself (when i remember to play at all), but i will say this: i didn't bother at all with leaderboards for a couple of times, only spinning the wheel sometimes because i like spinning wheels, and breeding/evolving at my normal slow pace. so because i did so poorly in the rankings those times, i got put into a much less-motivated group. which was awesome, because this last one i actually liked the final prize, so it wasn't all that hard to win it against the group i was in. (i did boost a couple times when i had breed/hatches/evolves/spins all due at once, but i thought the final dragon was worth the 30 gold or whatever.)

not even attempting bingo.

zaaracake
11-24-16, 11:54 PM
I plays like this for a coupla years but the beautiful Between Worlds and Frostwolf dragons sucked me back in to trying to compete...these new designs are fabulous!
I didn't get dark, light or frostwolf :-( the leaderboard I was in was too nippy on its toes for me and I just can't log in during work to breed, hatch, farm etc so I'm pretty slow but it feels good to care again and to take part in a community event.
I'm trying for Huntress now, really trying...I guess if that fails too then I'll be back where I was this time last month...
Hands off lackadaisical! There were months when I just logged in to return maps and gold!

DR0G0N
11-28-16, 10:33 PM
Ignoring the problem of overlapping events, ignoring the problem of expansion, ignoring the problem of food production, ignoring the problem of glitches/lags, ignoring the problem of discrepancy between iOS and androids, ignoring the problem of winning probability in arena, and ignoring the problem of gold trap, so on and so forth...

Let's just ignore all that for now and focus on the root of these problems. Communication.

When going through all these feedbacks and issues coming from players every single day for years and there's little to no improvement, one must think what is going on or if anything is going on. If the team is working on something to improve the game or working on another game or not working on anything just doing regular maintainence, that's fine. But at least give the players an update in a good timely manner. For instance, if the team is working on creating more land, just let the players know your progress every now and then to assure them, the issue is still being work on, we are currently half way there etc. You know common courtesy, to let players know their feedbacks are heard and in progress at the moment and they have not neglected them. Better yet, let us know approximately when the issue would be resolved. Doesn't have to be 100% right, even just a estimate would be reassuring.

Now giving a announcement or update to players should not be last minute. For instance, like the no Cyber Monday sale. I don't blame the Mods because they probably received the news late too. But the storm8 staff should know about this in advance. This lacks professionalism. Not answering to players questions after being asked several times, lacks decency and professionalism. Another example, "would there be more than 35 corrupted crystals given in future tournaments?", was never answered. If the staff simply don't know, then reply back by saying you don't know and would try to find out for you. Even that would assure the players that they're being help. Simple customer service etiquette.

This lack of communication highly reflects on tech support too. Giving an automated message and not replying back for weeks or months is not communicating.

At this point, I'm thinking this lack of communication is done on purpose to trick people to buying/spending more gold. Playing on players thought, not saying if something will or will not happen just so players would spend/buy gold on/for something they think they might or might not need.

It's like I'm playing a psychological gambling game with storm8. But so far I'm not losing too much. ;]

starship412
12-03-16, 11:28 AM
Ignoring the problem of overlapping events, ignoring the problem of expansion, ignoring the problem of food production, ignoring the problem of glitches/lags, ignoring the problem of discrepancy between iOS and androids, ignoring the problem of winning probability in arena, and ignoring the problem of gold trap, so on and so forth...

Let's just ignore all that for now and focus on the root of these problems. Communication.

When going through all these feedbacks and issues coming from players every single day for years and there's little to no improvement, one must think what is going on or if anything is going on. If the team is working on something to improve the game or working on another game or not working on anything just doing regular maintainence, that's fine. But at least give the players an update in a good timely manner. For instance, if the team is working on creating more land, just let the players know your progress every now and then to assure them, the issue is still being work on, we are currently half way there etc. You know common courtesy, to let players know their feedbacks are heard and in progress at the moment and they have not neglected them. Better yet, let us know approximately when the issue would be resolved. Doesn't have to be 100% right, even just a estimate would be reassuring.

Now giving a announcement or update to players should not be last minute. For instance, like the no Cyber Monday sale. I don't blame the Mods because they probably received the news late too. But the storm8 staff should know about this in advance. This lacks professionalism. Not answering to players questions after being asked several times, lacks decency and professionalism. Another example, "would there be more than 35 corrupted crystals given in future tournaments?", was never answered. If the staff simply don't know, then reply back by saying you don't know and would try to find out for you. Even that would assure the players that they're being help. Simple customer service etiquette.

This lack of communication highly reflects on tech support too. Giving an automated message and not replying back for weeks or months is not communicating.

At this point, I'm thinking this lack of communication is done on purpose to trick people to buying/spending more gold. Playing on players thought, not saying if something will or will not happen just so players would spend/buy gold on/for something they think they might or might not need.

It's like I'm playing a psychological gambling game with storm8. But so far I'm not losing too much. ;]

I agree with everything you said in this statement. It's bad because there are a couple of Storm8 staff members who are pretty good and I'll put their names out there for doing a fantastic job - Kooky Panda and FlatFoot. Kooky makes an effort to get the information we need but as you say, DR0G0N, corporate tells the moderators only so much. I'm always giving FlatFoot praise for all of the wonderful new dragon designs.
Back to the issue at hand though. Communication, taking away features from the game, replacing them with dumb features such as Fundraiser, BINGO and other various garbage are big problems that make people leave this game.
Now I hope neither one of our posts get deleted because it's all truth and facts and not theories and lies.

pod5124cra
12-12-16, 08:46 PM
Totally agree with all said
I stopped caring about this game. I still play when I remember I have it but otherwise with how they are developing this game I find myself disliking it more and more. Leaderboards like mentioned a thousand and one times over I lost interest in. Spin the wheel aspect where I never get a dragon unless I already have it I stopped caring. The community games even then are almost impossible to to get so I stopped caring. The whole chapters part in this game is ridiculous because they make it impossible with the food requirements and all crafting a and the particular dragons you have to breed to move on and the tournaments it's nearly impossible to move forward without gold so I can't stand this event. And lastly the tournaments involving dragon and dragon I stopped caring about because I never have food to lvl any up because all the other pointless event takes all the food so I'm stuck not progressing even in those. And lastly the new and so called improved bingo portion which is yes a tiny bit simpler but also pretty annoyingly done so with every aspect this game has to offer I just stopped finding the fun that I used to feel for this game... so to the dragon community I'm not going to be on much anymore I'll play here and there but the joy I used to get when playing the fun I had meeting new people and helping people just isn't keeping the joy in. This game brings me more annoyance and so much stress and that's not ok. Trying to make each deadline giving up my time into things I can't even win. Even with gold I can't. So I'm sorry dragon world. I'll come on and send things to the ones on my friend list but other than this game is becoming a distant memory

ToshiNoMiya
12-16-16, 01:14 PM

I only just today and equally just accidentally found this thread and have been browsing it, with the same sense of dissatisfaction of a long long time player. All who have posted here before I agree with, too, but for me you've said it best: I, too, miss all those things from your last line.

marcatwolf
12-24-16, 07:31 AM
First I want to say I agree with most of what's said here to a degree. I think we need to not give up hope in the game designers and ourselves. Maybe a break is a good thing for some of us or just a step back. Maybe the designers can figure out how to have some of those missing features come back between events. Who knows, maybe we will have them all eventually and we will be able to choose the events we want to be a part of....as we really do have that choice now. I hope the forums come back around soon with the posts and sharings of support. It's obvious there are some players not posting as much. Maybe after the holidays more of us can catch up and be jolly dragon caretakers again. Merry Christmas!

random59
01-06-17, 02:37 PM
What happened did people stop caring to the point of not caring that they don't care?

Seems that way doesn't it! Maybe if our concerns and needs were deemed important to the games designers and forum moderators to ensure that we are kept enthralled by this game (haha, as if) then maybe others would care more.

In my opinion it is GREED that has ****ed off this game for so many of us, it used to be fun, it has not changed for the better over the last 12 months but deteriorated greatly.

sharbuch
01-13-17, 07:19 AM
I agree with all ive been playing for a few years now and unless you buy gold it not worth playing anymore anything new they come out with cost gold i habe over 50 million in coin and nowhere the use it. The new stuff they come out with is gold gold gold. Cant even upgrade the habitates gold they have only given us 7 farms for all these dragon to feed. I play when i think of it. You spun the wheel and you get more coin. Like i need more coin. Like i said the game is no fun anymore youhave not a chance in you know where of winning any of the tournament's. Battles, mining, its all just nothing. The people that run this have become money hungry and dont care anymore about the fun of the game. As long as they get money there happy. So i now long play it all that often. Its a money grab thats all. I havent had a new dragon added to my collection is probably half a year. But as long as the people play and pay they wint do anything about it.

Splashy81
03-05-17, 10:04 AM
I had to search a few pages back to find this thread, but I just knew one day I would be adding a post to it.

Too stressful. Couldn't take the stress of this game anymore.
-too many/overlapping events
-HIGH stress tournaments (with meh/so-so dragon prizes)
-space limitations
-Bingo
-game tactics that seem shiesty/designed to snag a player's money
-requirements too high for event-related & mining dragons

I've been logging in each day to collect from my one GPD, but I could see the day when I don't anymore. Sometimes I do some minor game play, a few low-stress things, but some days even returning gifts is too much & I just can't get off the game more quickly. I really did enjoy DS at one point in the far & distant past... I'd like to hope that I could come back someday, perhaps when repeated (over & over & over) user complaints/suggestions are actually addressed. Eh.

chuckyt888
03-09-17, 12:27 AM
It's sad. The game was presumably healthy about 18 months-2 years ago. I know, for myself, I contribute a few bucks regularly if a game is fun and fair. Slowly every aspect of Dragon Story was changed over this time in order to try and squeeze gold at the expense of what made the game fun. I think we all get it...they have to make money somehow but there has to be a balance. People aren't going to put thousands of dollars into a game like this like they would in something like Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes or similar. The mistake was made in trying to follow that same business model with this game. Result... you turn too many people off...and the player who puts in a few bucks from time to time in is far more more important in this game. Many just won't come back when things turn as unfair as they have.

I don't think you can treat a game like this the same way as a more competitive game in terms of what the impetus is for someone to make a transaction. Over**** on events and new dragons puts people off. Changing percentages during events/bingo for breeding/battling puts people off. A lot of companies like to throw around the phrase "confirmation bias" when players see a clear change in percentages that would benefit the developer, but it's not. It's insulting when this has been tracked over long periods of time and the evidence is there.

I don't know. Maybe all this will change for the better at some point. Just hope it's not too late.

jjblueyes
03-09-17, 02:39 AM
It's sad. The game was presumably healthy about 18 months-2 years ago. I know, for myself, I contribute a few bucks regularly if a game is fun and fair. Slowly every aspect of Dragon Story was changed over this time in order to try and squeeze gold at the expense of what made the game fun. I think we all get it...they have to make money somehow but there has to be a balance. People aren't going to put thousands of dollars into a game like this like they would in something like Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes or similar. The mistake was made in trying to follow that same business model with this game. Result... you turn too many people off...and the player who puts in a few bucks from time to time in is far more more important in this game. Many just won't come back when things turn as unfair as they have.

I don't think you can treat a game like this the same way as a more competitive game in terms of what the impetus is for someone to make a transaction. Over**** on events and new dragons puts people off. Changing percentages during events/bingo for breeding/battling puts people off. A lot of companies like to throw around the phrase "confirmation bias" when players see a clear change in percentages that would benefit the developer, but it's not. It's insulting when this has been tracked over long periods of time and the evidence is there.

I don't know. Maybe all this will change for the better at some point. Just hope it's not too late.

Well said friend. I've never complained about spending money to play the game when it was fun and fair. I don't enjoy the money grabs, the overlapping & exhausting events and constant gold traps. The pitting players against each other Is not enjoyable, but you can always just spend gold to go buy most any of these event dragons if you don't want to bother. Even leaderboard dragons. I wouldn't be able- no place to put them.
I would spend again if things settled down and I had the ability to buy a habitat. I have been at my cap for a long time and I just watch AMAZING habitats and dragons pass me by. I think that's really awful that I can't play or purchase anything after all the years of dedicated playing. No one seems to care that there's a good bunch of us who are literally stuck.

Hartoled
03-09-17, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure why so many people complain about Leaderboard events. The "participation" awards are plentiful and generous. They can sell them off if they are offend by them. Even if everybody ahead of you decides to let you win, the guy right behind you will see the chance to take it from you if you aren't willing to fight for it yourself.

I'd suggest not going to war unless you intend to win. Fighting an unfunded war is foolhardy, (and immoral, in the real world). I don't think the Leaderboards actually make them that much money. Not that many people have the desire to actually do whatever it takes to compete.

I do agree with a lot of the other criticisms. Messing with the breeding odds in order to make the Adventure Leagues possible, is a bad thing.

Some of the tournament dragons are just too difficult, but, then again, if the Boss dragon is nice enough, a few bars to get him is not such a big thing to ask. Trying to reconcile the Tournaments with the Adventure Leagues is more of an issue, to me. They can really throw a wrench into the works. On the other hand, being able to look out ahead and see what you will be fighting can be an advantage when planning your approach to a Bingo card.

I'm happy that they opened up more land to develop from mining. There's still plenty of room on the board for more island segments. Perhaps a new "Travel" destination is due to be added, with the ability to migrate selected dragons between them. That would make old timers happy, I bet.

JustKay
03-09-17, 04:25 PM
I'm happy that they opened up more land to develop from mining. There's still plenty of room on the board for more island segments. Perhaps a new "Travel" destination is due to be added, with the ability to migrate selected dragons between them. That would make old timers happy, I bet.

I would love this idea. A way to basically spread your dragons over several screens. That would help a lot of the performance problems in the game with a simple graphical change. It's like being able to have multiple workspaces and quickly flick between them. For those on slower machines, the transition would be slower as more dragons are loaded into memory, but for people with newer devices it would be almost seamless. No big change in game or island mechanics like in Arctic isles. With this feature they could completely remove the habitat limits and everyone could show off as many dragons as they want & have more than one of every dragon!

Being able to store habitats would also be pretty important for this to work. You'd have to store a habitat so that you can take it to the second or third screen. Storing habitats is something we've always needed for a long time too. With all the pretty premium habitats we should be allowed to save them or swap them out. It's more money that S8 are leaving on the table. Imagine some players covering their entire island in premium halloween habitats in halloween, and then putting out only pink coloured habitats in valentines day. It's a lot of work, but I've seen people spend lots of money and time into Fashion Story to change their whole boutique with the seasons! DS could be like that if they just implemented a few simple features. More storage space for dragons. Ability to store habitats. Expand to allow a separate screen area (a new canvas where you can put miscellanious bits while you design your dream island)

Clark_Wayne
03-09-17, 09:08 PM
good idea ! splitting our lands would probably help people stop crashing.
besides the "travel" feature already exist with arctic isles
all the floating islands could become a new "sky isles" (like arctic isles)

random59
03-12-17, 04:54 PM
If everyone hasn't noticed by now storm 8 does what they want and never what the people beg for or need.
Very true.

katali119
03-13-17, 05:16 AM
If everyone hasn't noticed by now storm 8 does what they want and never what the people beg for or need.

That isn't true. In the last little while they have added the rebreed button, removed old dragon parts from storage and given Android the free videos to watch for speeding up the battle arena. Those things have been being asked for for years. It takes them years, but eventually they do some of the things they are asked for.

random59
03-13-17, 03:19 PM
That isn't true. In the last little while they have added the rebreed button, removed old dragon parts from storage and given Android the free videos to watch for speeding up the battle arena. Those things have been being asked for for years. It takes them years, but eventually they do some of the things they are asked for.

Whilst the rebreed button has been introduced and getting rid of our excess junk in storage which is just hidden not removed and yes Android has been given the option to watch video clips, this is just a bandaid remedy in my opinion.

For years players who have been playing from the inception of this gave do nothing but beg for more habitats and more land to be released and these issues have not been adequately addressed by Storm 8.

The constant crashing of the game and this is always blamed on the device we use and what we have in our cache. LOL, I was so excited when I got my new IPhone 7 plus but within a month the game was also crashing this device.

Ideally what I would like to see is the removal of habitat limits, heck I have neighbours who have left the game who have become dear friends others want to play but can't as they have no room to place dragons and new habitats. A massive land release within the drawn out time frame of nearly 5 days from starting to clear land and actually being able to place a new habitat.

For over 2 years we asked for the mines for some who had to lock them due to completely last land expansion and then we received 16 new land slots, there is such a plethora of blue space in this game that could be occupied by floating islands.

Whilst some players may think the game is going extremely well and enjoy the current format, I really wish the rate of new dragons would diminish so we can actually house and feed as well as breed new dragons. Personally I have not bred a new dragon in what seems like a lifetime, yes I have been playing this game for years and have most of the ones that can be bred but I am still missing a few as well.

JustKay
03-13-17, 05:53 PM
Whilst some players may think the game is going extremely well and enjoy the current format, I really wish the rate of new dragons would diminish so we can actually house and feed as well as breed new dragons. Personally I have not bred a new dragon in what seems like a lifetime, yes I have been playing this game for years and have most of the ones that can be bred but I am still missing a few as well.

This is a key point for me. We spend so much time breeding useless dragons for events, to get rewarded with dragons most people end up getting. There's no real surprise anymore and islands aren't really unique since most of the dragons people have are those from events, not from our own breeding.

Rather than have an open world format where we can do what ever we want, instead we're now playing a game on rails if we want to participate in all the events and not miss out on event specific dragons.

Hartoled
03-13-17, 10:13 PM
I hate that I bred over a dozen Past and Present dragons and couldn't get a Future. I'd like more free breeding time when something like that is up. By "free" I mean available.