PDA

View Full Version : Masquerade Ball Cruise - Oct 14, 2016

Rynetory2
10-14-16, 07:54 PM
Masquerade Ball Cruise This is a 10 days cruise and it auto starts on Oct 22.

A mysterious cruise has just arrived! Get into the Halloween spirit, welcome Masked Marilyn, and win her tastefully twisted recipe!

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/RS2/IMG_2412_zpsv6qoa4mv.jpeg

Catering Cruise Guides
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83324-Orders-for-Cruise-Catering-Event*-(-o-)-*

Cruise Day
This cruise uses Set A in http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide&p=1343792&viewfull=1#post1343792
Day 1: 75 gems
1 coin = 3/4 gems
2 coins = 11/12 gems
3 coins = 26/27 gems
4 coins = 45/46 gems

Day 2: 150 gems, Day 3: 200 gems
Day 4: 200 gems, Day 5: 250 gems
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 6: 300 gems
1 coin = 6 gems
2 coins = 18 gems
3 coins = 42 gems
4 coins = 72 gems

Day 7: 300 gems
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 8: 400 gems
1 coin = 5/6 gems
2 coins = 17/18 gems
3 coins = 38/39/40 gems
4 coins = 68/69 gems

Day 9: 500 gems
1 coin = 5/6 gems
2 coins = 16/17 gems
3 coins = 38/39 gems
4 coins = 66/67 gems

Day 10: 600 gems
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Tips & Notes
Tips:
(1) Plan and start your cruise wisely so your last event day (i.e. most challenging day) falls on the day when you have most time to play.

(2) Maximise your Day 1 by not starting your cruise too close to midnight PST. E.g. If you start your cruise at 11pm PST, you have only 1 hour for Day 1 before Day 2 starts at midnight.

(3) Before you submit your last order for the day, ensure that your new orders for the next day are doable. Refresh it till you get a doable order or an order with higher gem value (to hasten your progress for the next day). Once you submit your last order for the day, your cruise screen is locked and you can't refresh until the new cruise day starts.

(4) Ensure your appliances are free at each new event day (midnight PST) so you can cook the order items for the new day.

Note:
(1) Using gems to speed through the days doesn't help if you speed up a few days in between. Unless you speed through all days, the game will force you back to the original 10 days schedule. So either speed through all cruise days to the completion of your Day 10 or not at all. The last few days, usually the last 2 days, will be the more challenging days. Thus if you want to speed, its best you do so then.

(2) Cruise orders and prizes may vary according to levels.

(3) Your cruise ends just before midnight PST on your Day 11. It's important to note this and convert to your own time zone so you don't miss out. You can use this Time Zone Converter (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone (PST).

Prizes
Once you have completed all 10 days, Masked Marilyn will visit your restaurant and drop you ingredient to make the Liquorice Cake.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/RS2/IMG_2419_zpsrypoxg3l.jpeg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/RS2/IMG_2417_zps8wvdgryt.jpeg

Melbeast
10-14-16, 08:58 PM
What happens if I don't get enough cruise medals by the end of the day? Is the whole thing shot or does it like roll forward like in Fantasy Story and as long as I finish the whole thing in 10 days it's okay?

lnztrekfan
10-14-16, 09:13 PM
What happens if I don't get enough cruise medals by the end of the day? Is the whole thing shot or does it like roll forward like in Fantasy Story and as long as I finish the whole thing in 10 days it's okay?

You have 10 days to complete all the days. They start easy and get more difficult. If you can't complete the first day on the first day it will remain until you complete and then the next day will unlock.

cuted1011
10-15-16, 05:30 AM
When will it auto start?

ostraoz
10-15-16, 06:36 AM
Autostart is at the begining of the day , in my country it is at 9 am, in London it is 8 am I think, i think it depends of country, I cook 4 coins food for next day and even 3 coins

And what is hard this time that event Mina's movies ..is at the same time. Of course I could start cruise later but those events are related and and also I want 10 th day of the cruise to be Sunday

I apologies I didn't mean that autostart :) I don't know when , didn't, understand coorectly ..I always start cruise at the first day. And also I somehow knew that it would be this Friday so I was prepared. Upgraded pantry once again and general store and collected ingredients...

Rynetory2
10-15-16, 07:25 AM
When will it auto start?

Let me check on this.

Rynetory2
10-15-16, 07:28 AM
Autostart is at the begining of the day , in my country it is at 9 am, in London it is 8 am I think, i think it depends of country, I cook 4 coins food for next day and even 3 coins

And what is hard this time that event Mina's movies ..is at the same time. Of course I could start cruise later but those events are related and and also I want 10 th day of the cruise to be Sunday

I apologies I didn't mean that autostart :) I don't know when , didn't, understand coorectly ..I always start cruise at the first day. And also I somehow knew that it would be this Friday so I was prepared. Upgraded pantry once again and general store and collected ingredients...

FYI the game automatically starts our cruise if we don't start it ourselves. That is the auto start date. Our cruise day starts at midnight California time, which is also the game reset time for all S8 games. Hope this helps. :)

cuted1011
10-15-16, 10:24 AM
Let me check on this.
By auto start I meant what day will it start itself if I don't start it myself. Looking to wait as long as possible but don't want to miss the auto start date. TYIA.

MaddieMay33
10-15-16, 01:16 PM
Is this a gem recipe or no?

cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb
10-15-16, 02:07 PM
Is this a gem recipe or no?

If you look at the picture with the prizes posted you'll see the last prize for the last day of the cruise is Masked Marilyn with a "earns gems" ribbon. So yes it's a gem recipe.

Another gem recipe that needs loads of sugar and cream. :(

MysticOrchid
10-15-16, 09:50 PM
I expected better Halloween decor overall.

ostraoz
10-16-16, 05:59 AM
I have a question. How that happens, sometime when I deliver food from counter, after some time on counter appears more food? You noticed that..is that some mistake or it has some other explanaton Whatever it is, I like it , don't change that please S8 :D

sugerbabby2
10-16-16, 07:45 AM
You can't get the Halloween cookies until after the cruise not good

dollydaydreams1
10-16-16, 03:42 PM
Masquerade Ball Labyrinth David Bowie - Love it <3

littledarc3
10-16-16, 03:59 PM
You can't get the Halloween cookies until after the cruise not good

What do you mean? Are you saying that because you have to have the furnishings from finishing cruise days?

lnztrekfan
10-17-16, 01:06 PM
I have a question and am hoping I'm explaining it correctly. Ok I'm on day 1. Day two will open at 3:30am for me. If I unlock day 2 and complete before 3:30. Will day 3 open at 3:30?

lnztrekfan
10-17-16, 01:07 PM
What do you mean? Are you saying that because you have to have the furnishings from finishing cruise days?

The third part of the cookie goal is to serve the reward cake from the cruise, I believe.

Though I'm pretty sure you could spend gems to skip serving the licorice cake and then you wouldn't need to complete cruise.

cuted1011
10-17-16, 01:34 PM
Does anyone know which date the cruise will automatically start if I don't click start earlier?

BonnieBobbles
10-18-16, 04:49 AM
I have a question and am hoping I'm explaining it correctly. Ok I'm on day 1. Day two will open at 3:30am for me. If I unlock day 2 and complete before 3:30. Will day 3 open at 3:30?

I thought I read somewhere it started at a set time depending on where you live.. My new day starts 10am in Greece regardless when I finish.. I am sure someone else from USA will be able to tell you..

Rynetory2
10-18-16, 06:27 AM

Nope, Day 3 wont start at 3:30 in your example. Unlocking the day 2 early simply gives you more time to complete the day but it doesnt bring forward your cruise schedule. If you unlock and finish Day 2 before 3:30, you'll have to wait 24 hours before you get Day 3. See Note (1) in Post 1. Hope this helps.

lnztrekfan
10-18-16, 02:13 PM
Nope, Day 3 wont start at 3:30 in your example. Unlocking the day 2 early simply gives you more time to complete the day but it doesnt bring forward your cruise schedule. If you unlock and finish Day 2 before 3:30, you'll have to wait 24 hours before you get Day 3. See Note (1) in Post 1. Hope this helps.

Thank you Rynetory2 that was what I was wondering. Some of my wonderful neighbor's explained to me so I decided to wait it out and not spend gems. Thanks again for replying!
And also thank you to BonnieBobbles!

KadeeDid
10-18-16, 07:20 PM
When will it auto start?

Did you ever get a response to this question? Lots of answers but not that answer the question. Most events autistart on a certain day (Example: Oct. 19) if you do not start. I have been awy from home and busy with 5 hours driving a day and then family events and then more driving so I waited. Now volunteer activities. I wanted to know how long I could wait before starting.

Not the time, the next day starts but the DATE the event autostarts. I presume that is what you wanted to know too.

KadeeDid
10-19-16, 07:27 AM
Did you ever get a response to this question? Lots of answers but not that answer the question. Most events autistart on a certain day (Example: Oct. 19) if you do not start. I have been awy from home and busy with 5 hours driving a day and then family events and then more driving so I waited. Now volunteer activities. I wanted to know how long I could wait before starting.

Not the time, the next day starts but the DATE the event autostarts. I presume that is what you wanted to know too.

Normally, the first post tells what date the event will autostart or the popup will say. Nothing on either.

Rynetory2
10-19-16, 07:41 AM
Does anyone know which date the cruise will automatically start if I don't click start earlier?

Normally, the first post tells what date the event will autostart or the popup will say. Nothing on either.

Hi guys. I'm still waiting for CM to revert on this. Will post as soon as I've news. Thanks.

KadeeDid
10-19-16, 05:53 PM
Hi guys. I'm still waiting for CM to revert on this. Will post as soon as I've news. Thanks.

Thanks. I decided to start.

Rynetory2
10-20-16, 03:57 AM
The auto start date for this cruise is Oct 22.

juliedelaney
10-23-16, 02:43 PM
If I finished the cruise, when do I get prizes? I.e. Licorice cake recipe, gems? When I tap on masked Marilyn, it just says cruise ship departed stay tuned for future events?

cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb
10-23-16, 03:12 PM
If I finished the cruise, when do I get prizes? I.e. Licorice cake recipe, gems? When I tap on masked Marilyn, it just says cruise ship departed stay tuned for future events?

If you finished the cruise then Masked Marylin should be one of your restaurant customers ever so many hours. I don't know yet how often she visits as I haven't seen that posted yet. When she sits down and is eating a dish you should see an icon floating above her head, just like Cid the construction worker who has an image of tools. If you then tap on her she will drop her special items which you need to cook the licorice cake. It will probably require several visits before you have enough to cook the cake. Every time you're able to cook that dish it will drop one or a few gems when you serve it.

you need the jubilee oven to cook this recipe

juliedelaney
10-23-16, 06:56 PM
If you finished the cruise then Masked Marylin should be one of your restaurant customers ever so many hours. I don't know yet how often she visits as I haven't seen that posted yet. When she sits down and is eating a dish you should see an icon floating above her head, just like Cid the construction worker who has an image of tools. If you then tap on her she will drop her special items which you need to cook the licorice cake. It will probably require several visits before you have enough to cook the cake. Every time you're able to cook that dish it will drop one or a few gems when you serve it.

you need the jubilee oven to cook this recipe

Thank you! Finally got it!

littledarc3
10-23-16, 10:17 PM
Unlocked. I'll let you know the timer on her.

Edit: it is at most 6 hours. I'll test it now that I'm awake.

cherrycolafreak
10-24-16, 12:49 PM
I tested it at the fourth hour & she returned!
So at the most, it's 4 hours.
I'm gonna set an alarm & test it at 3 hours now.

cherrycolafreak
10-24-16, 10:17 PM
Well it must be four hours because she didn't show up at 3.
Unless she shows up at 3 & 1/2, I'm gonna go with 4.

ethan1brothers
10-25-16, 02:33 PM
Ok rhis time I sprang for the little helper in the cruise and he was a big help at first but now the last time hes given me anything was yesterday..... I click on him and and the bar doesn't noticeably move.....is it random ? does the exp run out like the mastery spice or is there a glitch ?

Thanks ....

littledarc3
10-25-16, 06:00 PM
They don't generally show up on half hours. So 4 hours it is.

pixiegamer
10-25-16, 06:01 PM
Asking here since I couldn't find it on the guides: if I open a 4th slot to fill the cruise ship faster, does that last throughout the cruise, or would I have to buy a 4th slot for each day?

Rynetory2
10-25-16, 08:33 PM
Asking here since I couldn't find it on the guides: if I open a 4th slot to fill the cruise ship faster, does that last throughout the cruise, or would I have to buy a 4th slot for each day?

It's for the whole duration of this cruise. :)

Rynetory2
10-25-16, 08:41 PM
Ok rhis time I sprang for the little helper in the cruise and he was a big help at first but now the last time hes given me anything was yesterday..... I click on him and and the bar doesn't noticeably move.....is it random ? does the exp run out like the mastery spice or is there a glitch ?

Thanks ....

The required value for each cruise day increases while the amount from your helper is fix throughout the cruise, so the progress bar moves less in terms of percentage.

kusutmasai
10-28-16, 03:15 AM