PDA

View Full Version : Adventure League - BINGO! *New Feature*

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

adellis
01-19-17, 04:54 PM
Bingo has 2 types of breedingtasks:

It asks you to breed with a special dragon;
You can have multiple of them so if they ask you to breed with "a" Fire You can use all your Fire dragons, "the" should say there's only one...
You can't use your Firestorm or other dragons with "fire" in their names or the red element in it!

Or it asks you to breed with a special type dragon;
If it ask you to breed with a red type dragon you can use all your dragons with at least a red element in it!

Last but not least it asked you to breed with a Birthstone, not with a birthstone... 😉

It appears my preference for precision in language has been mistaken for some sort of mental deficiency.
However, "Firestorm" is not a word in everyday usage referring to a type of fire, or belonging to a category which fits within the definition of fire.
By contrast, ruby is, in fact, a birthstone. As are sapphire, opal, pearl, emerald, and topaz, all of which are dragons on my island, all belonging to the same category which, in everyday usage, IS termed, "birthstones." It is, therefore, within the reasonable person standard to presume that by asking for a "birthstone dragon," one could use any dragon which is, in fact, "a birthstone." In fact, the existence of each of the various actual birthstones as dragon breeds makes the additional existence of another dragon generically named "birthstone" when there is nothing tangibly identifiable to relate it to (all actual birthstones have their own name, there is no generic substance in existence called "birthstone") would tend to merit the confusion.

@kookypanda: Thank you, it is most appreciated

hungryres
01-19-17, 09:58 PM
I don't think I know how to use the food boosts, I want to speed up some crops and I tap a boost and it does nothing... is there anything I'm doing wrong?

are you on andriod?

some players found a work around to this issue, you have to tap exactly on the small clock on the timer boost to really activate it. i tried this work around and worked, before i also cannot activate the food boost (but other boosts are fine)

hungryres
01-19-17, 11:23 PM
Except that will never happen. LoL, laughing myself silly:
My son's game, he got PROMOTED (along with 19 of his closest strangers) all with ZERO points. Only 5 people actually played, so all the rest (with 0 points) were credited with level 6 and promoted to the new league.
But wait...it gets better.
On his twin sister's game, she came in 4th, along with 22 other players, all with yep you guessed it, ZERO points, all promoted to upper league.
Ridiculous.

does this occur recently?
i think i check update about two or three weeks ago, and found they update the rules, players only promoted to higher league when they have score > 100.
and they did not mention demotion, wondering if the same applies too. (in order to demoted from gold to silver intentionally, do we have to still play for around 100 pts to do so?

Tiamat68
01-20-17, 11:01 AM
Some questions about the "breed a **** (Scylla, Fuzzy, etc.) dragon egg."
1. If you have that egg in storage and put it on the nest, does it count?
2. If you buy that dragon for the nest does it count?
3. If you breed two dragons and get the right hours of time, can you then click to start that challenge? They are breeding and the egg is not on the nest.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

JustKay
01-20-17, 11:41 AM
Some questions about the "breed a **** (Scylla, Fuzzy, etc.) dragon egg."
1. If you have that egg in storage and put it on the nest, does it count?
2. If you buy that dragon for the nest does it count?
3. If you breed two dragons and get the right hours of time, can you then click to start that challenge? They are breeding and the egg is not on the nest.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I love to use this option since the points are usually pretty big so from experience:
1. No
2. No
3. Yes

So simply put the point at which you succeed at the challenge is when you click a breeding den to release the egg onto a nest. So you can start the challenge when you know you have the right hours. This means you can have one fail for free if it's the right hours but not the right dragon

JustKay
01-20-17, 11:48 AM
Seems like the competition for Bingo is easing up. The last few bingo's I've played have been a lot less crazy, won one with under 500 gold spend, and the next one I spent just 139 for a gold league grand prize win. I guess the more serious players must have already earned their Gold Horizon dragon.

Tiamat68
01-20-17, 12:15 PM
I love to use this option since the points are usually pretty big so from experience:
1. No
2. No
3. Yes

So simply put the point at which you succeed at the challenge is when you click a breeding den to release the egg onto a nest. So you can start the challenge when you know you have the right hours. This means you can have one fail for free if it's the right hours but not the right dragon

Thanks so much for your reply. I would have loved all three to be yes, but I'm very glad the last one is. That will make breeding exact dragon eggs a bit easier.

grandmatina
01-20-17, 02:49 PM
does this occur recently?
i think i check update about two or three weeks ago, and found they update the rules, players only promoted to higher league when they have score > 100.
and they did not mention demotion, wondering if the same applies too. (in order to demoted from gold to silver intentionally, do we have to still play for around 100 pts to do so?

I didn't play the last bingo in order to get demoted from Gold to Silver. I received O points and am now in Silver.

hungryres
01-20-17, 07:38 PM
I didn't play the last bingo in order to get demoted from Gold to Silver. I received O points and am now in Silver.

thank you for your update.
after reading that and some comments from this thread, i was a bit wondering if the same (100 pts ) would be required to get demoted.
might have to do that later.

kobidragon4
01-24-17, 05:48 AM
I have just had 2 issues with this Bingo session. It said Breed with a Fuzzy dragon. I did that and didn't get credit! When I breed I breed Fuzzy and Diamond and got a Fuzzy..... and didn't get credit for Breed a Fuzzy. Both start buttons were pushed ahead of time! 425 points lost and I boosted as well. Over 600 points lost

tinkmaus
01-24-17, 11:12 AM
I have just had 2 issues with this Bingo session. It said Breed with a Fuzzy dragon. I did that and didn't get credit! When I breed I breed Fuzzy and Diamond and got a Fuzzy..... and didn't get credit for Breed a Fuzzy. Both start buttons were pushed ahead of time! 425 points lost and I boosted as well. Over 600 points lost

It said fluffy and not fuzzy. Startet the same task and checked before breeding again.

Limequat
01-24-17, 12:20 PM
I managed to get 50 tickets in Gold League for the first time today. I spent about 150 gold on boosts and speeding things up. The competition is nowhere near as tough as it used to be, but it was still incredibly stressful! You better be able to play up until the very end because if you haven't been spending an absurd amount of gold to leave your competition behind in the dust, you can be sure that someone in the first prize bracket will attempt to overtake you during the last hour of the game (about 60 of the 150 gold was literally spent within the last three minutes).

I definitely can't keep this up for another week, much less several more. I'll probably either stay in Gold and just aim for 2-10 tickets a week or drop down to Silver if necessary.

snowyglowy
01-25-17, 12:30 PM
Anyone could you please explain what is the meaning of finish evolving 5 dragons? How does it counts? Could it be from lvl 1 dragon or lvl 4 dragon? I don't get it please help me thanks in advance!

snowyhillz
01-25-17, 12:35 PM
Anyone could you please explain what is the meaning of finish evolving 5 dragons? How does it counts? Could it be from lvl 1 dragon or lvl 4 dragon? I don't get it please help me thanks in advance!

The best way to do this one is evolve 5 fire or forest dragons from level 3 to 4.... it only takes 20 seconds each dragon and is cheap on food

random59
01-25-17, 12:40 PM

No it means exactly that, you must finish evolving 5 dragons to any level. I usually have spare Fire and Forest dragons around for this task but it requires saving some space for them, when you're finished just sell them, effective, cheap and not a lot of time needed. Hope this helps.

snowyglowy
01-25-17, 02:01 PM
No it means exactly that, you must finish evolving 5 dragons to any level. I usually have spare Fire and Forest dragons around for this task but it requires saving some space for them, when you're finished just sell them, effective, cheap and not a lot of time needed. Hope this helps.

Thanks both of you for help
So should I hit the start befor or is it ok to evolve first? That sounds stupid but just want to clear :)

snowyhillz
01-25-17, 03:25 PM
Thanks both of you for help
So should I hit the start befor or is it ok to evolve first? That sounds stupid but just want to clear :)

You can evolve first, it registers when you remove from the evolution temple

wookiee77
01-28-17, 04:59 PM
I managed to get 50 tickets in Gold League for the first time today. I spent about 150 gold on boosts and speeding things up. The competition is nowhere near as tough as it used to be, but it was still incredibly stressful! You better be able to play up until the very end because if you haven't been spending an absurd amount of gold to leave your competition behind in the dust, you can be sure that someone in the first prize bracket will attempt to overtake you during the last hour of the game (about 60 of the 150 gold was literally spent within the last three minutes).

I definitely can't keep this up for another week, much less several more. I'll probably either stay in Gold and just aim for 2-10 tickets a week or drop down to Silver if necessary.
Yeah I've thought even the Silver league has been less competitive lately... I wonder if people are getting sick of having to spend so much gold to compete even to get 2 tickets?

I was spending way too much and sometimes even missing out as with the time difference with Australia, it's ending about 3-4am... now spending a tiny fraction of what I was to get a guaranteed 15 tickets in Silver every other cycle... will get to the amount I want slower but much much cheaper and much less stress... games shouldn't be that stressful!

babydeebone
01-29-17, 06:11 PM
haven't been getting all my rewards when winning in the leagues

JustKay
01-30-17, 05:08 PM
Yeah I've thought even the Silver league has been less competitive lately... I wonder if people are getting sick of having to spend so much gold to compete even to get 2 tickets?

I was spending way too much and sometimes even missing out as with the time difference with Australia, it's ending about 3-4am... now spending a tiny fraction of what I was to get a guaranteed 15 tickets in Silver every other cycle... will get to the amount I want slower but much much cheaper and much less stress... games shouldn't be that stressful!

Yeah, my current leader is at only 2600 points. I could easily overtake them with a bit of gold, but have already crafted my Gold Horizon dragon so not worth spending the extra gold. Instead I'm going to try to speed breed a few diamond hybrids i'm missing.

VanaCatu
02-01-17, 01:35 PM
thank you for your update.
after reading that and some comments from this thread, i was a bit wondering if the same (100 pts ) would be required to get demoted.
Demotion is not about qtty of points, its about, let's say so, "waterline" :)
Let's say, "waterline" is between #20 and #21 (i.e. last 5 guys (places from 21 to 25) to be demoted).
Then IF more than 5 guys have equal qtty of points - they all will actually take place #20 and won't be demoted :)
That's why 15 "zero" guys easy stay in same league they were - impossible to choose "better zeros" and "worse zeros" to cross the "waterline" :)

katali119
02-01-17, 02:30 PM
The last two weeks I've been demoted despite getting no points and not being below the waterline. I was joint 16th this week with many others and demoted to timber.

VanaCatu
02-01-17, 02:48 PM
The last two weeks I've been demoted despite getting no points and not being below the waterline. I was joint 16th this week with many others and demoted to timber.
Then i guess they changed a system from "plus to equals" to "minus to equals" (i.e. min 100pts to stay), o/wise have no clue...
Unless... i didn't play bingo this week, but opened bingo portal to see what's going on there - and i've been devoted, with zero under waterline.
But my sister didn't open bingo portal at all - and she haven't been devoted with many zeros together...
(Family holidays each winter, so we have not much time for games until mid march usually)

Maybe this is the point, are you checking bingo while it's running or not?

(Will also have to check in the summer when i'm taking break from games - does it go to devotion if you don't enter the game during bingo week at all... hmm...)

katali119
02-01-17, 03:12 PM
I opened it, although only by accident. I got 0 points though. There were a few weeks when I didn't get demoted for that, but they seem to have changed it back again now.

starship412
02-01-17, 06:26 PM
I'm sorry but this bingo is garbage. Thankfully I'm not forced to play it but I noticed since it was introduced that the current version of the game keeps crashing and is slow to open. Along with many events going on at the same time, I believe it overloads things. Hence, this is why I have 2 versions of DS on my Droid device. The one without the bingo runs a heckuva a lot smoother. Maybe it's time to get rid of bingo on all platforms or make one specific version for bingo and offer all the other versions without it.

JustKay
02-01-17, 10:03 PM
I opened it, although only by accident. I got 0 points though. There were a few weeks when I didn't get demoted for that, but they seem to have changed it back again now.

It certainly makes more sense to only preserve your bingo league if you don't play (on holiday or phone busted). If you log in and are enlisted into the event and a ranking board, you should be at risk of being demoted.

JustKay
02-01-17, 10:06 PM
I'm sorry but this bingo is garbage. Thankfully I'm not forced to play it but I noticed since it was introduced that the current version of the game keeps crashing and is slow to open. Along with many events going on at the same time, I believe it overloads things. Hence, this is why I have 2 versions of DS on my Droid device. The one without the bingo runs a heckuva a lot smoother. Maybe it's time to get rid of bingo on all platforms or make one specific version for bingo and offer all the other versions without it.

I can vouch for this too. Bingo does slow things down since many events will have to check on active bingo tasks. It's not as simple as the world events or even LB where points just get given. I've seen some pretty bad crashing instability recently, but it has gotten better in the last iOS update. Hopefully they will port the "fixes"to Droid.

wookiee77
02-04-17, 08:40 PM
Yeah, my current leader is at only 2600 points. I could easily overtake them with a bit of gold, but have already crafted my Gold Horizon dragon so not worth spending the extra gold. Instead I'm going to try to speed breed a few diamond hybrids i'm missing.

Yeah that's my goal... I'm only 1/3 of the way there and at 15 tickets per fortnight it's going to take a while... I was late to start this round but already battling for 2nd/3rd... with a 10 ticket difference and the 20 gold/ticket value it's worth making sure I'm top 3 this round & can have a week off with this Lovers event...

katali119
02-06-17, 05:11 AM
So I headed back to timber league this week. Currently, with 2/1 day left, number 1 on our board has 620 points. Everyone else is joint number 2 with zero.

snowyhillz
02-07-17, 12:06 PM
This is the first time I have got 50 tickets! Normally the first and second place have around 15-20 k and I don't have a show of placing but I got second place with 9220 and the third place had 7455

I have 135 tickets on snowy game and 75 on midnight

harobeda
02-07-17, 12:17 PM
I'll admit to being bingo addicted. Great part is in my main account I've gotten 4 new dragons (crafted from golden tickets), plus being prompted to breed 2 specific dragons together has given me a handful of new dragons (like most of the Olympus hybrids I'd never tried to breed for previously).

This last week in bingo I got 4 of my DS accounts to be 1st or 2nd in gold league (a bit tiring having 4 accounts in gold league!). I used an average of 150 gold per account in the week (mainly for the boosted points, sometimes to speed breeding). It's worth it to me since I'd pay ~600 gold for a GPD, and thru 4 rounds of winning 1st/2nd place I could spend 150 gold a round and still come out the same. More work, sure. But I enjoy the process personally. I LOVE the food boosts of 10X faster crops. I feel like a combination of food boosts and egg boosts helped me finish the last world event. I realize bingo may not be for everyone, but I'm glad it's there. Once my "lesser" accounts hits the 200 ticket mark I doubt I'll continue bingo there - but on my main account I will... if nothing else, for the food boosts!

maryamhjm
02-09-17, 01:37 PM
I think it has become a little less hard to get 10-50 tickets. I think maybe because like me a lot of players now having the Gold Horizon dragon are not that eager to play anymore. I do not play a lot anymore and I am fine staying in gold league and only receiving a few tickets every week and I certainly do not spend any gold for the other dragons. If they want to keep it interesting S8 should introduce a new gold giving dragon or maybe champion dragons, otherwise I will not spend my time playing bingo. But for the ones still not having the Gold Horizon it is a little less difficult so give it an other try.

Limequat
02-17-17, 09:33 PM
I LOVE the food boosts of 10X faster crops. I feel like a combination of food boosts and egg boosts helped me finish the last world event. I realize bingo may not be for everyone, but I'm glad it's there. Once my "lesser" accounts hits the 200 ticket mark I doubt I'll continue bingo there - but on my main account I will... if nothing else, for the food boosts!

Same here! I currently have about 780000 apples thanks to the bingo boosts. I usually have about 150000 a week after the end of a Tales. When I have some free time, I plant upgrapes and rushrooms continuously with the 5x or 10x boost on until the hour is up.

Even if you don't want to compete for tickets, I still think it's worth doing Bingo for the boosts. The 10x boosts still require a lot of work to earn since they're only found in Gold and the top tier of Silver, but the Bronze and Stone leagues both have various 5x boosts as prizes. I'm in the Silver League this week and it isn't overly time consuming right now, so I imagine Bronze and Stone are even less so.

Ilsadrago
02-19-17, 08:08 AM
Does 'expand with maps' mean BEGIN expansion or FINISH expansion?

harobeda
02-19-17, 06:39 PM
Does 'expand with maps' mean BEGIN expansion or FINISH expansion?

It's been a while since I was in a league with that task... but as my memory serves, it's a start the expansion.

newzealander
02-22-17, 10:44 AM
Does Craft a Large Gem mean 'start' crafting or 'finish' crafting?
Edit: I should have read it properly - its START crafting...!

wookiee77
02-28-17, 11:53 PM
I managed to get my first lot of 50 tickets previous round, I was only going to try for 5 & play it cheap but people weren't that active in my league until they all realised the same thing I did...

I still had to sweat out the last couple of hours as being in Australia it's way too late to wait up (past 3am) and I thought that I would get outdone but my competitor for 2nd spot must have been in the same boat... heading back to Silver now though as I'm not that far off 200 & I can wait... only cost me about 100 gold for 50 tickets so I think I'm well ahead...

katali119
03-01-17, 06:06 AM
At that rate it would cost you 400 gold for a 4000 gold dragon, which seems a pretty good deal :)

ievuxia
03-01-17, 07:26 AM
I didn't get my 5 tickets that I won by completing in 4th place in the silver league. What should I do? :( this is the first time I didn't get them..

kooky panda
03-01-17, 10:23 AM
I didn't get my 5 tickets that I won by completing in 4th place in the silver league. What should I do? :( this is the first time I didn't get them..

Please Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.com (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us) so an agent can check your game.

katali119
03-01-17, 12:31 PM
Now, I've read people having trouble with this task before, but on my bingo board I have two tasks. 1 says "Breed with the Birthstone dragon" and is worth 150 points; 2 says "Breed with a Birthstone dragon" and is worth 40 points. Are they the same task? Why is one worth more than the other? I'm going to refresh both, as I don't have that dragon, but was just wondering. I'm now much less surprised at all the confusion I've seen lol.

JustKay
03-01-17, 04:32 PM
At that rate it would cost you 400 gold for a 4000 gold dragon, which seems a pretty good deal :)

That would be a steal. I spent about 850 gold in total towards efforts for my Gold Horizon, but I had got it about a month ago so back then the competition would have been a little tighter. Over time I'm sure the difficulty will slowly go down as more and more people complete the task and opt out of Bingo. I wonder how or if S8 will do anything to keep interest in Bingo up. If not, eventually it will be possible to earn one completely free.. but that's a trade off between gold spend and gold you could have earned from the dragon if you'd have gotten it earlier.

katali119
03-02-17, 04:50 AM
There are other dragons available, and you never know, they might release other gpd's through it, if it meant keeping people involved and keeping that gold coming in... give a little to get a little you know? Reading back through old stuff, seems like s8 were doing really well a few years ago, co-incidentally at times when they were also giving away more gold for free; then I read about how they keep dropping the amounts of gold given away, and now the company seems to be struggling more...

KevinW07
03-02-17, 09:13 AM
Now, I've read people having trouble with this task before, but on my bingo board I have two tasks. 1 says "Breed with the Birthstone dragon" and is worth 150 points; 2 says "Breed with a Birthstone dragon" and is worth 40 points. Are they the same task? Why is one worth more than the other? I'm going to refresh both, as I don't have that dragon, but was just wondering. I'm now much less surprised at all the confusion I've seen lol.

Sigh, sadly not for some of us. The slide for this game continues onto new lows with game design tactics to extract as much gold as possible from players. This is my main account and I've only got one more lot of 50 tickets to collect for the Gold Horizon. It was a little easier for maybe 2 weeks, but not anymore for those of us that show an interest in competing. Here are my observations and others may comment if they experience the same thing. 2 weeks ago, I decided to drop to the Silver League to compete for 15 tickets as a month ago, I managed to wine in that league quite easily without spending any gold. However, this time, it wasn't a cake walk. I had to spend about 110 gold to get into the top 3. On top of that, one of my tasks was to "Breed a Firestorm Dragon". Well, guess what, it took 5 breeding attempts to get one; you guessed it, I had 4 rares / super rares in a row. Normally, when I try to breed any rare or super rare dragon, I consistently get common fails (i.e. 1 rare / super rare in 5 to 10 breeding attempts, and never get 3 rares or super rares in a row. If I'm lucky, I have only managed to get 2 rares / super rares in a row only about 3 times in my 4 year history of playing the game! I have 2 other accounts on other devices along with another account that my wife plays on a very casual basis. On these accounts, only about 1 or 2 Bingo tasks get completed a day. Well, guess what, in these accounts, I have found that I get put into groups that don't play Bingo much either, so it is easy to get to the top. However, after 1 or 2 weeks of easy play and reaching the top, I find that your island gets put into a competitive group again.

For my main island where I am trying to get a lot of 50 tickets this week, once again, I find I'm up against competitive players. 2 of them within the first day reached almost 3,000 points and they don't even have GPDs! The other thing I've noticed is that quite often now when you get a task to breed a certain type of dragon with another type, more often than not produces an egg that has the maximum hatching time possible for that combination. For instance, breeding a red type with a white type which I did earlier today produced a Virtue with a breeding and hatching time of 33 hours; hence compelling one to use gold or a boost to speed breed and hatch! Well, let's see what else happens!

Limequat
03-02-17, 06:44 PM
Sigh, sadly not for some of us. The slide for this game continues onto new lows with game design tactics to extract as much gold as possible from players. This is my main account and I've only got one more lot of 50 tickets to collect for the Gold Horizon. It was a little easier for maybe 2 weeks, but not anymore for those of us that show an interest in competing. Here are my observations and others may comment if they experience the same thing.

I've had the exact same experience on my game! I posted this a few days ago in the breeding combos and questions thread as a tip on how people can increase their chances of breeding rare dragons:

"Check your bingo card to see what common dragons it's asking you to breed. I seem to have a ton of trouble breeding common dragons when they show up on bingo. So if you see "breed an Island dragon" as one of the tasks on your bingo card, use that as your opportunity to breed blue and green rare dragons. Also, it seems like the higher your ranking, the lower your chances are of breeding that common dragon. It's as if the game is trying to frustrate you and force you to spend gold to complete the task when it knows you're trying to maintain your position at the top of the board. And when you're at the bottom, it makes it easier to earn those points to move on up, which encourages those ahead of you to spend gold to maintain their position. If it's not too time consuming for you and the other people in your group aren't too competitive, try playing Bingo for a bit to move to the top of your group."

I've given up on trying to do the breed this common dragon tasks, unless I'm super lucky and already happen to have one being bred when it comes up on bingo. I've wasted a lot of gold trying to complete these deceptively simple tasks. On the other hand, I like these tasks if the colors of the dragon it's asking me to breed happens to match those of a limited time dragon in the market. Before bingo came along, I've never been able to breed a limited time dragon. However, I've managed to breed several of them since Bingo started. I still remember my first, which was the Raindance dragon I got when attempting to breed an Island. There was also this one time when I was attempting to breed a Fruitful and had to speed through five or six eggs before I finally got it. Two of them were Citrus dragons.

JustKay
03-02-17, 07:33 PM
Who want's to play a game that's easy? I mean, if it was easy to get dragons I'm pretty sure you would have moved on to a more challenging game... the value you perceive is due to the work involved to get it. Yes, the difficulty level might change, but what game doesn't try to adjust to the player to bring new challenges? I'm somewhat confused as to why people are complaining.

Limequat mentioned some tactics to benefit from the changes inherent with Bingo, so that's how you beat the game. You come up with strategies to defy the odds. It's like when I sped breed more than 10 diamond hybrids during one diamond temple & boosted breeding weekend. I had a plan in place on exactly when I could do it, a few theories to test out, a bit of gold set aside, and guessed the timing right. That was a huge rush when I got the dragons. While I did spend quite a bit of gold, it was a steal with at least 7 new hybrids diamonds for just 2300 gold. I have my own strategies for beating Bingo, and only spent about 850 gold to get my Gold Horizon. That's how I beat this game. You're not playing against other keepers, you're playing against the algorithm.

KevinW07
03-02-17, 11:51 PM
Who want's to play a game that's easy? I mean, if it was easy to get dragons I'm pretty sure you would have moved on to a more challenging game... the value you perceive is due to the work involved to get it. Yes, the difficulty level might change, but what game doesn't try to adjust to the player to bring new challenges? I'm somewhat confused as to why people are complaining.

Limequat mentioned some tactics to benefit from the changes inherent with Bingo, so that's how you beat the game. You come up with strategies to defy the odds. It's like when I sped breed more than 10 diamond hybrids during one diamond temple & boosted breeding weekend. I had a plan in place on exactly when I could do it, a few theories to test out, a bit of gold set aside, and guessed the timing right. That was a huge rush when I got the dragons. While I did spend quite a bit of gold, it was a steal with at least 7 new hybrids diamonds for just 2300 gold. I have my own strategies for beating Bingo, and only spent about 850 gold to get my Gold Horizon. That's how I beat this game. You're not playing against other keepers, you're playing against the algorithm.

Actually, I'm sure many people like myself play this game for relaxation to take our minds of the challenges of life. TeamLava needs to take this into account.

I'm trying to finish collecting the 50 tickets required to craft the GHD, and don't appreciate the underhanded tactics employed by the game designers. I've just had my 5th lost in a row to "Win 2 battles with your Fairytale dragons". To me, this is an obvious ploy to force one to spend gold to Ultimate out. I'm already willingly spending gold for useful things like boosted points, so they don't need to be so greedy.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to share some of your bingo strategies around breeding and winning battles to h elp thos of us in this form that are having difficulties? :-)

Limequat
03-04-17, 12:14 PM
I'm trying to finish collecting the 50 tickets required to craft the GHD, and don't appreciate the underhanded tactics employed by the game designers. I've just had my 5th lost in a row to "Win 2 battles with your Fairytale dragons". To me, this is an obvious ploy to force one to spend gold to Ultimate out. I'm already willingly spending gold for useful things like boosted points, so they don't need to be so greedy.

I believe your success with completing battles for bingo is dependent upon your position in your group as well as how active it is. Two weeks ago, I was at the top of my group in Silver for several days in a row. There were several thousand points between me and second place, and there was not much activity going on in my group in general. The people immediately below me would go almost an entire day without putting on any points. I was unable to complete any battle tasks, as I was constantly losing despite using dragons that were supposed to have >75% chance of winning. This leaves you in a situation where you wonder if you should spend gold or not because the people below you will catch up if you go long enough without gaining any points.

I find I have a higher success rate with battling when I'm at the bottom of my group. Another situation where I have a high success rate is if I'm at the top, and the people immediately below are quickly closing in on me. Again, the reason is to get people to hand over their gold. While it won't be you spending the gold this time, your competitors will be tempted to spend gold for that final push to overtake you.

katali119
03-04-17, 01:38 PM
The thing is, a 25% chance of losing is a pretty big chance. If it was a 25% chance of winning the lottery, I bet you'd be buying a ticket. I certainly would. I've been playing Ludo with my son and husband recently. Logically, every time rolling the dice has a 1 in 6 chance of rolling a 6. But that doesn't mean every 6 throws it comes up 6. In one game, my husband rolled 6 nearly every other go. In 2 games, my husband and I had rolled no less than 8 6s each before our son rolled his second. Chance is not even and regular, it just means that over time and thousands of battles, that's what it works out as. If you flip a coin 100 times, it's highly unlikely that you will get heads 50 times, and tails 50 times. If you do it 1 million times, it will be much closer to 500,000 each. If you do it 1 billion times, it will maybe be pretty much half and half. You need a lot of results to get a statistically accurate model.

snowyhillz
03-04-17, 08:06 PM
Some of my strategies are I refresh when it says breed a certain type of dragon unless I have a dragon about to be hatched with the same time.

I also refresh most of the long food planting/harvesting esp if it is something like 15 pumpwings or scalypears, if it is 1-2 of them I might consider doing it but usually I only keep the shorter food ones. If it's at night I will do a plant 7 pumpwings, eliteleeks or dates and I will keep one that says harvest 7 of those overnight.

With battles I usually give it one go with the type of dragon required and if it loses I refresh, unless I have a free turn and another dragon available, if a tournament is on I will usually refresh the battle ones straight away unless they are for champion or diamond and then I will use my level 15 valiant.

I tend to think that it's better to come back in 3 hours when they refresh as opposed to trying to battle every hour and then feel forced to use ultimate. As well as the odd gold or 2 to speed a breeding up with bingo I will occasionally use gold for 3 hour 50% bonus and using food and breeding boosts at the same time.

KevinW07
03-05-17, 06:31 AM
I believe your success with completing battles for bingo is dependent upon your position in your group as well as how active it is. Two weeks ago, I was at the top of my group in Silver for several days in a row. There were several thousand points between me and second place, and there was not much activity going on in my group in general. The people immediately below me would go almost an entire day without putting on any points. I was unable to complete any battle tasks, as I was constantly losing despite using dragons that were supposed to have >75% chance of winning. This leaves you in a situation where you wonder if you should spend gold or not because the people below you will catch up if you go long enough without gaining any points.

I find I have a higher success rate with battling when I'm at the bottom of my group. Another situation where I have a high success rate is if I'm at the top, and the people immediately below are quickly closing in on me. Again, the reason is to get people to hand over their gold. While it won't be you spending the gold this time, your competitors will be tempted to spend gold for that final push to overtake you.

Thanks Limequat. Great observations. Yes, I've experienced this as well, when there are others ahead of me, I easily win my battles even with lower percentage dragons. I did what I did as an experiment to see what would happen with the battling as the task was not critical towards my maximum Bingo points. I have spent the last 3 weeks that I was playing Bingo consistently either first or second on the Leaderboard (i.e. Gold, default to drop down a league, Silver, Gold League), and this is what I have experienced; so to help others. During this time, I've had plenty of battling tasks, definitely more than 10. Each time, I used a dragon with 75% or greater chance of winning (as I have plenty of high-level dragons at level 189). In fact, at the moment, TL decided to start a 22 round tournament (no doubt to spur people to spend more gold as it currently costs 30 gold to Ultimate out rather than the normal 12) which I thought might be an advantage; but alas it is somewhat not - i.e. please refer to my comments 2 paragraphs below after my side comment paragraph.

As a BIG aside, because I want to collect my last 50 tickets, I decided to forego the tournament and save my battles for a greater chance of winning against the low-level dragons in the early rounds of the tournament; and for us more experienced players, who really cares about earning a ho-hum triple color super rare (or even worse, only a rare one a few tournaments back; it has been ages since a Champion dragon was the tournament prize; at the moment, I'm only playing the tournaments to quickly advance if trying to earn items for the monthly battle arena dragon or if it is in the way of another event that I might be playing, i.e. Tales). I know it has been said in this forum plenty of times by others, but I'll say it again as feedback to TeamLava: having multiple events on at the same time week after week serves to really ANNOY your loyal players. With this and your gold traps that have never been fixed, this is the reason that many players refuse to spend money on buying gold. Many of my neighbors have told me this. Please take a lesson from this if you want your company to grow. Do not upset your customer base like this! Take a lesson from your last Leaderboard event where I applaud you for making the 10 milestones achievable for the average player without having to spend gold. In my group, I observed many people spending gold to actually win the Grand Prize dragon even well beyond the 10th milestone whereas in others, there was a distinct lack of interest, and I did so myself. Give a little to get more back!

Anyway, getting back on topic, let's just call it 10 times at the top of the league where I started a battling task. Each time, I used a 75% or greater dragon and always lost the first battle. In fact, in the last 3 battle tasks, with the tournament going against levels 1 to 6 dragons, I lost using dragons with 90% chance of winning; and then generally I won easily in the next round. I also observed each time (as a veteran of the Battle Arena), for the lost rounds, the damages dealt each time for each 3 blows were exactly the same! It would be a brave person to tell me that this is not rigged!

Anyway, to be helpful to others, I have gotten around this issue by calculating ahead of time that you will always lose the first battle, so just make sure you have another high-level dragon (or use a lower level one for the first), then if playing on iOS, use the free gift to watch a video or use 4 gold to advance immediately to re-battle).

Hope everyone can use the notes and advice. Good luck.

Note: Please see my reply below to katali119 regarding percentages and statistics.

KevinW07
03-05-17, 12:49 PM
The thing is, a 25% chance of losing is a pretty big chance. If it was a 25% chance of winning the lottery, I bet you'd be buying a ticket. I certainly would. I've been playing Ludo with my son and husband recently. Logically, every time rolling the dice has a 1 in 6 chance of rolling a 6. But that doesn't mean every 6 throws it comes up 6. In one game, my husband rolled 6 nearly every other go. In 2 games, my husband and I had rolled no less than 8 6s each before our son rolled his second. Chance is not even and regular, it just means that over time and thousands of battles, that's what it works out as. If you flip a coin 100 times, it's highly unlikely that you will get heads 50 times, and tails 50 times. If you do it 1 million times, it will be much closer to 500,000 each. If you do it 1 billion times, it will maybe be pretty much half and half. You need a lot of results to get a statistically accurate model.

Actually, in Limequat's situation (which is simiiar to mine), it can be statistically proven using the Bernouilli Process that the battles are rigged. It is different from rolling dices as each battle only has an outcome of win or loss (as opposed to 6 outcomes).

So, in Limequat's case, the chances of winning a battle when using a dragon with a 75% probability of winning actually increases with each battle attempt (i.e. 25% chance of losing in the first attempt, then 0.25 X 0.25 = 6.25% probability of losing two battles in a row; 0.25e3 = 1.6% probability of losing 3 battles in a row). In my recent situation, it is even more pronounced where I was using dragons with 90% chance of winning as the opponent dragons were levels 1 to 6 (i.e. start of current tournament). In fact I lost about 10 first battles in a row. The chances of losing just 3 battles in a row using a dragon with 90% probability of winning is already a miniscule 0.1% (i.e. 0.1 X 0.1 X 0.1) and it gets statistically tiny after that!

To put this into a layman's perspective with a real world example, let's look at the record of one of the greatest tennis players of all time, Roger Federer. One can safely say (backed up by betting odds) that when Roger plays any player outside of the top 100, the probability of him winning would conservatively be 90% (something akin to using a Level 15 Champion dragon to battle a Level 6 Fire). So, in the last 17 years (since 2000), he has played many players ranked outside the top 100 and in that time, he has only lost 2 matches (i.e. one a few days ago, and one in 2000 when he lost to James Sekulov at Indianapolis) and never lost 2 in a row as the probability of that is smaller than 1%! So from this, it can be seen that losing 2 battles in a row using a high percentage dragon is statistically unlikely and losing more than 3 battles in a row just does not stack up!

savage_mel
03-07-17, 11:05 AM
argh this whole bingo thing is a pain. Im sure the answer to this is in this thread somewhere but i can't sift through 81 pages to find it. So, on the Leagues and Prizes page is says if you finish in the silver league you get 15 tickets. Well, what do you have to do to get those tickets? because i finished (6th place) in the silver league and I only got 5!

savage_mel
03-07-17, 11:10 AM
argh this whole bingo thing is a pain. Im sure the answer to this is in this thread somewhere but i can't sift through 81 pages to find it. So, on the Leagues and Prizes page is says if you finish in the silver league you get 15 tickets. Well, what do you have to do to get those tickets? because i finished (6th place) in the silver league and I only got 5!
Ok! Never mind. I see now how you get 15. Top 3. []! It will take forever to get any thing. I've made a few weak attempts at bingo but progress was always so slow that I gave up. I'm actually trying now since that seems to be the only way I can get another GPD

geckoos
03-07-17, 11:13 AM
Finishing 18th place in gold sucks considering actually dropping to silver

9krm
03-07-17, 01:19 PM
I just started playing bingo in the last few weeks and have won a few of the boosts but I can't figure out how to use them. I don't get what this means: "You can activate a boost by selecting the building and a new HUD button will appear at the bottom of the screen"

Can someone explain it to me?
Say I want to use a food boost, do I click on the activate icon and then plant the food?

I feel dumb, like I should get it, but I don't. LOL

snowyhillz
03-07-17, 02:48 PM
I just started playing bingo in the last few weeks and have won a few of the boosts but I can't figure out how to use them. I don't get what this means: "You can activate a boost by selecting the building and a new HUD button will appear at the bottom of the screen"

Can someone explain it to me?
Say I want to use a food boost, do I click on the activate icon and then plant the food?

I feel dumb, like I should get it, but I don't. LOL
If you want to use a food boost click on your farm, then click on boost activate button it will come up with how many of each of the boosts you have (if any) headed with tap to activate .... click on the one you want to use - note that there is a max of 8 of each type of boost

Limequat
03-08-17, 03:15 PM
Actually, in Limequat's situation (which is simiiar to mine), it can be statistically proven using the Bernouilli Process that the battles are rigged. It is different from rolling dices as each battle only has an outcome of win or loss (as opposed to 6 outcomes).

So, in Limequat's case, the chances of winning a battle when using a dragon with a 75% probability of winning actually increases with each battle attempt (i.e. 25% chance of losing in the first attempt, then 0.25 X 0.25 = 6.25% probability of losing two battles in a row; 0.25e3 = 1.6% probability of losing 3 battles in a row). In my recent situation, it is even more pronounced where I was using dragons with 90% chance of winning as the opponent dragons were levels 1 to 6 (i.e. start of current tournament). In fact I lost about 10 first battles in a row. The chances of losing just 3 battles in a row using a dragon with 90% probability of winning is already a miniscule 0.1% (i.e. 0.1 X 0.1 X 0.1) and it gets statistically tiny after that!

When I was in first place a few weeks ago in a not so competitive group, I once lost four battles in a row with dragons that had a 75% or higher chance of winning. The task was to win eight battles, and I struggled with almost every one of them. I didn't keep track of the exact number, but less than half of the battles were won on the first try, and I almost ran out of time even though I had two days to complete the task. I failed to complete two other battle tasks due to running out of time (despite logging in every hour and using two ads to skip waiting). They were for completing three battles in six hours - under normal circumstances, I'm pretty sure I could have gotten through them with no problem. When I'm battling non-tournament dragons outside of bingo, I win almost every time, which is consistent with the expected percentages.

I've also noticed that the opposite occurs when you're at the bottom of your group. I just got my Gold Horizon dragon yesterday, and although I like the boost prizes we get in bingo, I'm too tired to keep up with the competition in the gold and silver leagues. I'm dropping down to bronze and below, so I'm sitting at number 23 now in my group. Just for fun, I decided to do the two battle tasks that are on my card. One was to win three battles - I won all three on the first try. I'm currently on the second task, which is to win two battles with a stone type dragon. The best stone type dragon I had for the dragon currently in the arena had a 25% chance of winning. And... I won on the first try. Either I'm really lucky today, or the battles are rigged in your favor when you're at the bottom.

It could all just be a coincidence that people are breeding rare dragons when they need a common dragon and losing battles they have a high chance of winning during Bingo, but it's hard not to think there isn't any manipulation going on. Especially when people have been reporting the same experiences with breeding and battling for Tales and tournaments for ages.

JustKay
03-08-17, 04:19 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the game helped lower charting players along to keep them staying in the game. There's no point letting anyone in a group feel like there's no hope, since after all the game is supposed to be fun. It's only fun if you feel you have a chance of making good progress. That said based on my observations in LB and Bingo, if you're way way down, then points will come easier. Spin Wheel was giving me 200 to 300 points a spin on my baby accounts where I log in maybe once or twice a day to play. I noticed the points they give you are usually enough to bring you up to about the 10/20 region so you're still in the game. They don't really push you up to the top 3 unless you are in a group of really casual players. I think if you're in the top 5 you are probably competing on equal ground, but inevitably helping drag the rest of the group up a bit. That's why I think there's a silver lining when I see a serious player in an event, since I know they'll make accumulating points for the rest of the group easier. I mean I'll still hatch plan to overtake them in the later days, but at the start happy to ride along on their coat tails.

Hartoled
03-08-17, 07:20 PM
I find that it's the second and third place players who set the tone of the game. I always observe, on the first day of a new round, who is feeling frisky, and make a note of their progress that first day or two. After that, I pass them up. If they insist on keeping pace with me, I press hard until I'm ahead of them by that margin, or more, that they set the first day. Thereafter, I watch the second and third placers. If they just take turns, feebly leapfrogging each other, I prepare for a long hard-fought session, and a big final 24 hours. I've led pairs like that by a margin of 2.5 X their scores, for most of the week, and still finished with number 2 close behind me. If number 2 is willing to crush number 3, early on, but not crowd me too much, I find it to be a leisurely week, in the end.

MeMaMcN
03-09-17, 12:33 AM
My Apple Boost prizes do not work. I'm sitting w 8 of 8 boosts, but they never ever activate. My other boosts work, but never the apple boosts.

Hartoled
03-09-17, 07:19 AM
My Apple Boost prizes do not work. I'm sitting w 8 of 8 boosts, but they never ever activate. My other boosts work, but never the apple boosts.

I thought they had fixed that because one of mine started by accident yesterday, on active farms, but try having one farm idle when you start your boost. It should fire right up.

9krm
03-09-17, 02:55 PM
If you want to use a food boost click on your farm, then click on boost activate button it will come up with how many of each of the boosts you have (if any) headed with tap to activate .... click on the one you want to use - note that there is a max of 8 of each type of boost

Thanks! :)

durgga
03-14-17, 05:26 AM
When ever I try to buy something in the decor it just comes out please fix it it's irritating I might just stop playing because of that

savage_mel
03-18-17, 11:37 AM
One of my challenges was to breed a fuzzy egg. I had an 8hr timer on the den and I thought for sure it was a fuzzy. So I spent the 7 gold for a little boost but when it went to the nest, it was a stone! I've been playing since the beginning and have only ever bred ONE stone! What a joke😡

katali119
03-19-17, 06:23 AM
Raaargh! I bred a magic dragon for 300 points, then this morning I was working through the tales, and forgot all about the flipping bingo, put the egg on the nest so I could "breed with a life dragon" and watched that purple egg appear....without having clicked the bingo square!! :'( Now I'm gonna have to try and breed it again, and I can bet I get all through stupid athletic, lunar ram and everything before I manage another magic :'( I am so mad at myself!

savage_mel
03-19-17, 03:33 PM
Raaargh! I bred a magic dragon for 300 points, then this morning I was working through the tales, and forgot all about the flipping bingo, put the egg on the nest so I could "breed with a life dragon" and watched that purple egg appear....without having clicked the bingo square!! :'( Now I'm gonna have to try and breed it again, and I can bet I get all through stupid athletic, lunar ram and everything before I manage another magic :'( I am so mad at myself!
I just did the same thing the other day! A magic egg too! Ugh

katali119
03-19-17, 03:40 PM
Lucky me, I have now got another magic egg on it's way, and have already started the square just in case I do the same silly thing again :)

JustKay
03-19-17, 07:40 PM
Now I'm gonna have to try and breed it again, and I can bet I get all through stupid athletic, lunar ram and everything before I manage another magic :'( I am so mad at myself!

Why don't u breed magic with magic? Purple doesn't split so that would guarantee you a magic (with only a small chance of a peacock fail).

katali119
03-20-17, 04:12 AM
Why don't u breed magic with magic? Purple doesn't split so that would guarantee you a magic (with only a small chance of a peacock fail).

Mostly because that would involve me having 2 Magic's at level 4 or above. I'll remember it though. I have 1 at level 2 that I keep for quests, and now I have a third, maybe I'll keep it instead of trade it as that seems to come up fairly often on Bingo. Thanks for the tip! :)

Edit: Or, I could breed Magic x Diamond, and add in a tiny chance of an Anubis! :D And not have to keep 3 Magic dragons around. Woo!

JustKay
03-21-17, 05:57 AM
Edit: Or, I could breed Magic x Diamond, and add in a tiny chance of an Anubis! :D And not have to keep 3 Magic dragons around. Woo!

I didn't know you had a diamond! You did well getting one after only a few months of play!

But yes that's a better way... although getting a Anubis will probably ruin your chances of placing high on that bingo round unless you speed hatch it off the roost and nest.

katali119
03-21-17, 10:44 AM
Yes, first diamond temple sale just after I started :) Minor point though, having accidentally put him on earlier, he's one of my top fighters. I need another one to have one to breed with lol.

savage_mel
03-22-17, 12:21 PM
I hate bingo. I've really been trying to embrace it lately since now it's the only way I can get another GPD. But I just can't get those tickets! Here we are, only a couple hours into a new week and the leader in my group already have 8500 points! How can a normal person who can't spend a boatload of money even compete with that??

katali119
03-22-17, 01:08 PM
I hate bingo. I've really been trying to embrace it lately since now it's the only way I can get another GPD. But I just can't get those tickets! Here we are, only a couple hours into a new week and the leader in my group already have 8500 points! How can a normal person who can't spend a boatload of money even compete with that??

Ouch. I didn't do too well in Silver last week thanks to my magic debacle, and I seem to be in an easier group so far this week. Hoping I can do well enough to make it up to Gold, or at least get some tickets this week. Maybe try this week doing just well enough to stay in Gold, and see if you get pushed into an easier group next week?

deadpixel
03-25-17, 01:21 AM
Has anyone noticed a drastic change in their "odds" for their breeding outcomes?

Previously, when I bred any two dragons, the results were usually the common or barely "rare" types of dragons with short breeding and hatching waits 90% of the times. For example if I bred white and green, I'd get a Fuzzy (8 hours) or with red and green I'd get a Life (3 hours) or in the case of Olympus and purple I'd get a Hermes (8 hours). Recently, the odds seem to have shifted and I'm getting the rarer dragons with much longer breeding and hatching times). For white and green I'm getting Pegasus (26 hours), with Olympus and purple I'm seeing more Artemis (13 hours) and with red and green a I've been getting a load of dragons with breeding times from 4 to 12 hours before I'd even get a 3 hour Life Dragon.

It seems to me that TL/S8 has adjusted the odds for the appearance of these common/rare dragons so that Adventure League Bingo participants would have more trouble breeding these short waiting time dragons. If you were all out to be in the first or second place for the grand price, then you'd also find yourself having to spend more gold to speed up the breeding times in order to pull ahead in points.

JustKay
03-25-17, 05:07 AM
It seems to me that TL/S8 has adjusted the odds for the appearance of these common/rare dragons so that Adventure League Bingo participants would have more trouble breeding these short waiting time dragons. If you were all out to be in the first or second place for the grand price, then you'd also find yourself having to spend more gold to speed up the breeding times in order to pull ahead in points.

Mixed results for me. I find there's no real trouble at the beginning of a Bingo round, but later on I feel a bit more frustration with bad luck in breeding common. Not sure if that's due to a perception thing, or if maybe after breeding commons for most of the early days the game ups your luck a bit to get rarer dragons (as would be natural game progression). They could be tweaking the breeding to be more generous to keep normal play interesting (i finally managed to breed Atlas and Ceasar outside of Bingo for instance) now that they are scaling back on the intensity of events. There should be more time between events and that means people could get bored of breeding fails in between events.

deadpixel
03-25-17, 06:55 PM
They could be tweaking the breeding to be more generous to keep normal play interesting (i finally managed to breed Atlas and Ceasar outside of Bingo for instance) now that they are scaling back on the intensity of events. There should be more time between events and that means people could get bored of breeding fails in between events.

Certainly hope so. And yes, I've been getting Caesars and Atlases too although I'd got them when they were first introduced (less dragons then). I just need to get through this round of Bingo to get the my last Adventure League Neo dragon and take a short break before they start introducing Neo Black, etc, but this group of players I'm against seem hell bent on fighting their way to first and second place.

themusicloverme
03-26-17, 07:39 PM
when I first played these bingo events, I enjoyed it and actually loved it! but that has changed. these bingo events have gotten boring for me. they add burden to the events we get, for example, the current storybook and tourney. I don't like it that much anymore. I don't participate as much as before. it will be a long time before I get those neo dragons, much less the gold horizon one. I only ever play bingo nowadays as a "guide" on what I should breed, and for those boosts. I just don't have the motivation to get those neo dragons, they don't seem good to me.

deadpixel
03-26-17, 08:42 PM
Hmm... I think I might be right about the tweaking. In the last two days, while trying for a Life Dragon in the Breeding Den, I got myself 4 Firegrass Dragons, 2 Wild Dragons and 2 Explorer Dragons one after another. Over at the Breeding Roost, while trying for a Hermes Dragon, I bred 3 Artemis in a row.

Could just be a streak of "good" luck but the Life and Hermes dragons used to be really easy to get. On top of that, I don't think there are breeding tasks that call for Wild, Explorer, Firegrass and Artemis dragons so their appearances just means wasted time and possibly gold if you're trying to be the top few.

dragonwhispereri
03-28-17, 03:05 AM
Has anyone issues with getting the same things in bingo?
I get loads of breeding and haven't gotten anything in weeks to expand or clear, and rarely get mining.
What about also adding trading dragons. With all the breeding we have to do, that should be one for bingo.
I refresh several times a day but keep getting either to breed certain dragons together or to result in a certain bred dragon.
One can only breed so much with one temple and like others often get breeding time of 12 hours or more!

JustKay
03-28-17, 03:45 PM
I get loads of breeding and haven't gotten anything in weeks to expand or clear, and rarely get mining.
What about also adding trading dragons. With all the breeding we have to do, that should be one for bingo.
I refresh several times a day but keep getting either to breed certain dragons together or to result in a certain bred dragon.
One can only breed so much with one temple and like others often get breeding time of 12 hours or more!

The bingo tasks do change when you progress between the leagues. I think clearing and expanding is only available in the lower leagues (eg. Timber). Since moving up in the leagues I no longer get these and have resolved to expand out and clear all my land to improve performance in my game, instead of saving foliage for these tasks. Crafting gems was also more common up to Silver league, but I can't remember seeing one in a while now that I'm staying in Gold league. Mining tasks are still available in Gold league but the last round I didn't really see any. Every card only ever has two tasks to breed a specific dragon type and these tiles will always come up with another breed task no matter how many times you refresh.

I could be wrong tho, since bingo is still relatively new and I've not let myself drop down to Timber again. Can't really say if they changed it across the board in recent rounds.

I'm certain that these probabilities of getting certain tasks do change over time, and in the last 3 or fours hours when I was flipping new bingo cards I did notice a lot more breeding tasks on the new card. Seems like S8 make it a bit harder to bum rush the leaders with gold at the very end, which is actually fairer to normal players. You can still do it, it will just cost you (which is mighty fine for S8 too). Good thing the competition is easing off these days, I managed to snap 50 tickets for under 100 gold (in total over the bingo round including boosts) this time around. A last minute 2000 point jump to a 1000 point lead was enough to discourage would be pursuers.

deadpixel
03-28-17, 09:48 PM

If you've reached the Gold League then yes, you'll always have
2 x "breed a some dragon egg" (this is always present)
4 or 5 x "breed with some type"
2 x "Raise a Diamond or Champion to level 15 or 12 or 9"
1 or 2 x "Evolve n numbers of dragon"
Maybe 1 "Feed any dragon n times"
Several "Plant" or "Harvest" tiles - could be anything from Impuberries to Scaly Pears
A couple of "Battle n number of dragons" or "Battle with dragon type"
At least 1 "Visit neighbors/community members" or "Play with neighbors/community members dragons"
You may ocassionally come across a "Mine 2, 3 or 4 mineral type

If you find a task too difficult to accomplish, simply start it then immediately refresh it and wait 3 hours, or spend 5 gold, to get a new task. In many instances these days, the Refresh would bring you something as daunting, if not more daunting, than the previous. It's usually only after 2 or more refreshes that you'd get something easily doable. What this means is that you will be able to get some decent bingo points if you work at it but if you're planning to be placed first of second, don't expect to do it without spending some gold.

RhodryMaelwaedd
03-29-17, 12:29 AM
Actually in gold it is:

2x breed a egg
3x breed with...
2x raise and/or evolve
4x plant and/or harvest
1x feed ... times
1x visit or play with
2x battle
1x miscellaneous. This tile switches after renewing between breed with peacock, breed with birthstone, battle with music, mining - though not in every bingoround, and feed/battle/breed with a specific temporarily available dragon - although also not in every bingoround

JustKay
03-29-17, 06:43 PM
Gah, looks like S8 is onto me. One of my bingo strategies just bit the dust... >_<

deadpixel
03-29-17, 08:00 PM
Gah, looks like S8 is onto me. One of my bingo strategies just bit the dust... >_<

Nah. It'll still work, just not as well as in the past.

As for me I'm now on a break, having crafted all the currently available Adventure League Dragons. Will drop down to silver and maintain the position there to build up some breeding boosts until they release a Neo Black or some other Adventure League dragon.

JustKay
03-29-17, 11:42 PM
Nah. It'll still work, just not as well as in the past.

It was a different trick, unrelated to goals in the bingo card. Was useful while it lasted but I guess what really keeps me interested in the game is how to game the game ;) i play by the rules, just smarter.

delimiah
03-31-17, 12:37 AM
It's ridiculous that I can't breed a simple common Life for 2 days!

delimiah
03-31-17, 12:40 AM
This bingo thingy is definitely rigged!

RhodryMaelwaedd
03-31-17, 08:44 AM
Is it worth the 761000 food to feed bingo's Gold Horizon Dragon so it produces 5 gold a day in stead of 4 gold?

JustKay
03-31-17, 08:50 AM
Is it worth the 761000 food to feed bingo's Gold Horizon Dragon so it produces 5 gold a day in stead of 4 gold?

Yes, food for 1 extra gold a day forever... I guess that depends on your priorities but in the long run, yes.

deadpixel
03-31-17, 09:37 AM
Yes, food for 1 extra gold a day forever... I guess that depends on your priorities but in the long run, yes.

Not only that cause at level 15 this guy's pretty good in a fight too. Just remember to avoid yellow types.

deadpixel
03-31-17, 09:41 AM
It's ridiculous that I can't breed a simple common Life for 2 days!

It didn't use to be like this. Time was 4 out of 5 pairings of a red and green would give you a Life.

But then it may be just that our lucks' changed cause we have been assured that nothing in the game has changed.

katali119
03-31-17, 10:07 AM
I've never had it that 4 out of 5 would give me life. I didn't get a life dragon til after level 40 at some point, and I had 3 landworms before level 20. That would drive me crazy if those were the statistics. It should be something like 60% common, 30% Rare, 8% Super rare, 2% Ultra (at a guess) and of course now there is another common red/green, so something has changed, in that that 60% is not Life, but Life/whatever the other one is. I've been tracking my breeding since the last tales, and on normal (non-boosted) breeds I get: 62.89% Common, 30.93% Rare and 5.15% Super Rare, (I've not had any diamonds at all on normal breeding) which is fairly close to what I said.

KNOBWARS
03-31-17, 10:47 AM
I'm quite convinced that most of the players you are grouped with in the bingo tournament are just bots. There's no way these are real people. I tried pretty hard to get 50 tickets in the gold league last week and I would have taken 2nd place if the game would have stopped crashing or resetting the things I had done (I lost 300 points because of two breedings that reset the bingo but didn't reset the actual breeding and that would have been enough to win).

I gave up on it this week and now the "players" are barely even playing. They have moved 200 points in the past 12-14 hours, all of them. If I was playing, you can be sure the scores would have sky rocketed higher. It's the same ***** in the way that the community competitions always make it to 100% on the last prize when, cleary on the path things were incrementing, there's no way it would ever make it. Such a dirty company.

maryamhjm
03-31-17, 11:09 AM
I just won 50 tickets last week but it was really hard and I needed to use 100 plus gold because in the last few hours they suddenly sneek up on you while I was first the whole week with a gap of about 600 to 1200 points(gold which I earned for free, I have never bought any gold ever) it is very hard to win 50 tickets and you have to calculate everything well. Also my experience is that when you not play for a few days you end up in a more slowpaced group as that whole group isn't really playing, but not always. Normally I try to stay in the silver group as it is easier.

KNOBWARS
03-31-17, 01:38 PM
I normally stay in the silver league too and get 15 points every two weeks but I finally got in with a group of people (assuming not a computer simulation) that were not buying gold and jumping way ahead of me. We were all hovering in the first 5 places for the entire week and at the end, everyone ran out of steam (nothing to do on the cards anymore without using gold which we all weren't willing to do). We all ended up finishing right where we stopped within the last half hour or so of the competition. If I had the 300 points that were robbed from me, I would have finished in 2nd instead of 4th.

In my mind, I was actually playing against real people. This week, I start to wonder what is really going on. Even now, only one person has even added points since my last post. This would have been the week for me to play and win 50 points but I'm pretty sure that if I tried, it would not look like the game I am seeing right now.

katali119
03-31-17, 01:56 PM
Try it out and see! Might be that as you didn't do so much last week, you have an easier group this? It seems to work that way fairly regularly.

harobeda
04-02-17, 02:56 PM
I'm fairly sure we're put up against real people. I've had a bingo group where my mom's account was in my bingo group.

I've had a round where there were 3 of us battling it out for top 2 spots, and by posting on the wall of one of the others arranged a tie. We basically stopped playing a few hours before the end to guarantee the tie- took some faith but it worked out. (The 3 of us were way ahead of everyone else) ended up a tie for 2nd place in gold league.

So... I'm convinced it's a real group each time. Bingo groups do seem to form and fill up quickly, so I'd suggest staggering how long after bingo start time you log back into your game to see if that affects the type of group you get.

Edited for typos.

chuckyt888
04-02-17, 03:55 PM
For those of you that are having trouble breeding Life for Bingo, it's not just bad luck. Its part of the code/settings for Bingo.

Fuzzy is even worse. You'll get Pegasus fails for days.

Sad that it works this way. It just brings the game down even further.

JustKay
04-02-17, 08:55 PM
For those of you that are having trouble breeding Life for Bingo, it's not just bad luck. Its part of the code/settings for Bingo.

Fuzzy is even worse. You'll get Pegasus fails for days.

Sad that it works this way. It just brings the game down even further.

yeah, i will agree with this. Elder fails are pretty painful too when you're trying for a simple Fuzzy. So far so good in the current Bingo round. I have no problems breeding commons on the first try. I bet it will get harder the closer to the finish it gets though.

deadpixel
04-03-17, 01:51 AM
yeah, i will agree with this. Elder fails are pretty painful too when you're trying for a simple Fuzzy. So far so good in the current Bingo round. I have no problems breeding commons on the first try. I bet it will get harder the closer to the finish it gets though.

My kid's seeing some spectacular fails for Island too ... Winter Rose (12 hours), Atlantis (15 hours), Serpant (16 hours), Holographic (18 hours), Waverider (18 hrs), basically, ALL the rare and super rare dragons that may possibly be bred with a green and blue combination and which are all useless for Bingo. She bred all these, some more than once, over a period of 4 days while trying for an Island. In the early days of Bingo, popping a Water and Forest into the breeding den would get us an Island at least 2/3 (if not more) of the times.

Talk about "bad luck". HA!

chuckyt888
04-03-17, 08:52 AM
Is there a secret to Bingo? I have a person on my leaderboard that has almost 30,000 points. I don't see how that's even possible. I suspect there is more going on here than meets the eye. Feel free to PM me.

Limequat
04-03-17, 10:06 AM
Is there a secret to Bingo? I have a person on my leaderboard that has almost 30,000 points. I don't see how that's even possible. I suspect there is more going on here than meets the eye. Feel free to PM me.

I've had almost 20000 points at the end of a week just by keeping a constant eye on the game, along with spending 100-200 gold (on points boosts, second breeding den, and speeding things up here and there) and using bingo boosts I stocked up on from previous rounds. I immediately refresh any tasks that are impossible for me to do, and unless I'm super busy or have to be somewhere where I can't have my device with me, I force myself to play everything that can be played on the bingo card, even if I don't feel like playing at that moment. I can imagine someone reaching 30000 points if they get up in the middle of the night to refresh their card and play until the next obstacle, or spend gold to refresh so that they don't have to wait three hours. I've heard of people waking themselves up every hour in the middle of the night to battle in the tournaments, so some probably do the same for bingo.

Although I'm not sure why you would want to do that, especially now when there are plenty of weeks you could be placed in an easy going group. Playing bingo to get 50 tickets is exhausting enough for me when I'm not sleep deprived. Maybe there really is something more to it that I'm not aware of.

mayday2001
04-03-17, 11:53 AM
Very strange thing. I have been diligently playing, got lucky in breeding a few times and was in first place with over 12,000. All of a sudden I look and I'm in second with 9000 and some and someone else in first with my points? Bug or ***** code?? Not happy!!

harobeda
04-03-17, 07:11 PM
I messaged you a couple things- this is edited to be for all. :) Also added a couple other things...

I have 26,000+ points right now- at 16 hours to go in this round. I tend to get around 16,000 points in a round but due to others being more aggressive I've been more aggressive too. I've done one 50% boost each day (most weeks I only do it 3-4 times). I often run the boosted farms during my boost hoping to get to use boosted farms on 2 bingo cards. I like to be around double the guy below me- thankfully I have several gpd to pay for my habit. I've also leveled up a dragon of each type that shows up for battles (stone, royal, zodiac).

One thing I do is screenshot my bingo card and then doodle on the image to determine the best bingo I can get. (See attached pictures of triples I did). If you go for a triple avoid accidental bingos. I mark in yellow the ones I'm not allowed to do- block each row, column and diagonal EXCEPT for your final task (the intersection of the row/column/diagonal you're making). Often going for a triple, sometimes a double, and if the bingo board is terrible then I get just a single.

As has been said many times in this thread, keep an army of fire babies to feed/evolve. I keep one of my 2 evolvers open just for bingo.

Also I never breed long time dragons intentionally- I love the oympus hybrids. Commons don't have many other possibilities. And fails are relatively short. I avoid sunrise, metal, gemstone, island, luck, coral, royal, charm, tropic, and cosmic. Either their too long, has a long fail, or aren't common. Remember if you go for love dragon breed virtue with either Fire or light, it avoids a 33 hour fail. Still no guarantee.

maryamhjm
04-04-17, 01:55 AM
I wonder though is it worth 30 gold a day and more to win the 50 tickets? I already won the gold Horizon dragon, so I would not waste so much gold on Bingo anymore as I do not think those dragons are worth it. I also have almost enough for the Stellar Aurora, and than it is even less interesting to play as hard and spend gold.

Limequat
04-04-17, 07:11 AM
I wonder though is it worth 30 gold a day and more to win the 50 tickets? I already won the gold Horizon dragon, so I would not waste so much gold on Bingo anymore as I do not think those dragons are worth it. I also have almost enough for the Stellar Aurora, and than it is even less interesting to play as hard and spend gold.

For Gold Horizon, I thought it was definitely worth it. You'll earn the gold back eventually, plus you get four 10x boosts for farms and nests. The farm boosts shave off a total of 252 hours of planting, and the nest boosts up to 144 hours, depending on how many nests you have.

For the other dragons, it depends on how much you want them and how much you like competing for 50 tickets. I personally don't think they're worth all the effort and gold (even with considering the boosts earned), and I'm not really into competition for competition's sake.

hungryres
04-05-17, 08:21 PM
not sure if this has been mentioned before.
recently , the number of times inside boost disappear in my game.
for example, when checking the result board, it showed how many boost of (5x, 10x ) inside apples, evo, breeding and hatching . but numbers are gone.
clicking on the boost thing, only some of numbers show.

JustKay
04-05-17, 08:46 PM

30 gold for 50 tickets is a bargain and in future they may release some new prizes, or new gold dragons via the ticket temple. who knows. while i'm not going to play too seriously, having some tickets saved while it's still easy may be useful. while the existing dragons are not so interesting, S8 can always to something in future to make them more useful. Stellar Aurora, while pretty and unique, it's properties make it less than useful in the Battle Arena. I'll probably get it later on when I upgrade my phone later this year and I can stop limiting new dragons onto my island.

I am still playing Bingo mainly for the boosts. In a leaderboard event, being able to use boosts to rack up points or even clear nest blockages is handy. Food you get from speed planting upgrapes with a boost on also contribute to LB events.

maryamhjm
04-10-17, 03:11 PM
30 gold for 50 tickets is a bargain and in future they may release some new prizes, or new gold dragons via the ticket temple. who knows. while i'm not going to play too seriously, having some tickets saved while it's still easy may be useful. while the existing dragons are not so interesting, S8 can always to something in future to make them more useful. Stellar Aurora, while pretty and unique, it's properties make it less than useful in the Battle Arena. I'll probably get it later on when I upgrade my phone later this year and I can stop limiting new dragons onto my island.

I am still playing Bingo mainly for the boosts. In a leaderboard event, being able to use boosts to rack up points or even clear nest blockages is handy. Food you get from speed planting upgrapes with a boost on also contribute to LB events.

30 gold for 50 tickets yes but 30 gold a day for 50 tickets( =30x6=180 gold) is that still worth it? If new gold dragons come out than yes, but with the dragons now available?
Question: Has someone earned enough tickets for all dragons and if yes any new dragon available if you have earned all the dragons available?
I only have gold horizon and stellar Aurora, but I am not really playing for those.

Den8137259
04-10-17, 04:06 PM
★ looking at the conversations above, it does seem that BINGO is a pretty popular segment with most DS players .. (:

★ mine is just getting by with simple bingo item tasks, and I didn't buy the BINGO Ticket Temple which is a permanent building (:

enjoy n best of luck to all :)

deadpixel
04-11-17, 09:23 PM
30 gold for 50 tickets yes but 30 gold a day for 50 tickets( =30x6=180 gold) is that still worth it? If new gold dragons come out than yes, but with the dragons now available?
Question: Has someone earned enough tickets for all dragons and if yes any new dragon available if you have earned all the dragons available?
I only have gold horizon and stellar Aurora, but I am not really playing for those.

I have all the ticket dragons and no, there are no new ticket dragons yet; am looking forward to a Neo Black or maybe Diamond type. I'm just sitting back and taking things easy for now, playing without spending gold or boosts to keep at the 2nd prize zone in the Gold League.

JustKay
04-11-17, 10:19 PM

Sorry didn't see the "a day". That's not so much a bargain, but not a bad offer. I would be willing to spend between 100-150 gold maximum a bingo event to guarantee a 50 ticket prize. The last round I managed to win by 1.5x boosting only 3 (well-timed) times, and a few gold bars to make up for a timing mistake near the end. 50 tickets for ~50 gold :D ... although I did use up several 10x boosts for eggs and farms, although I needed to use those up anyway to accommodate the incoming prizes boosts. Had a bit of luck with breeding and goals this time around. Back during the peak of Bingo mania, my maximum gold limit was 500 gold for a 50 tickets win. It's calmed down heaps.

I wonder what new prizes they will release. The temple indicates that they can offer other kinds of prizes aside from dragons, like decors, so maybe we'll see smaller 1 ticket prizes like decor tiles.

savage_mel
04-12-17, 03:52 PM
Is "mine for pieces for 250 points" something that even exists anymore? I haven't had it show up on any of my bingos for the last two weeks

JustKay
04-12-17, 04:14 PM
Is "mine for pieces for 250 points" something that even exists anymore? I haven't had it show up on any of my bingos for the last two weeks

Yeah, same here. I used to love those ones. I don't see the "win x <battle arena parts>" goal either, although that one is kind of redundant as it's basically the same as the "win x battles" goal. Maybe they just moved it out of the gold league and down to one of the lower leagues only. what league are you on?

RhodryMaelwaedd
04-13-17, 12:00 AM
Yeah, same here. I used to love those ones. I don't see the "win x <battle arena parts>" goal either, although that one is kind of redundant as it's basically the same as the "win x battles" goal. Maybe they just moved it out of the gold league and down to one of the lower leagues only. what league are you on?

I've been promoted from silver to gold and it didn't appear in silver eather.

JustKay
04-13-17, 12:16 AM
I've been promoted from silver to gold and it didn't appear in silver eather.

It is a pretty easy goal for some pretty big points, so I can understand them not wanting to give it out too frequently. I think it would still have been a good goal, even if the points might be less to match the low difficulty level or if they up-ed the number of parts to mine. Taking it away just makes the pool of goal options smaller and more boring. If the tasks are all similar then the bingo seems more tedious. I'm seeing lots of "breed with x dragon" goals (5 sometimes) and you have to really pick out your bingo card plan more carefully. I'm lucky that I've been playing a long time and have most of the dragons they ask for, however newer players must be pulling their hair out if they see lost of goals like these requiring them to first breed a specific dragon type before they can even have a shot at the goal.

maryamhjm
04-13-17, 02:09 AM
The goals are pretty boring in gold league and lately it is very hard to get double or triple bingos on my cards. I have always 4 breeding challenges in a way that if I want a triple bingo, I need to breed at least 2 or 3 of them and than to top that with breed a certain dragon it will cost many days. I wish we could buy a permanent 2nd nest like the 2nd evolving den.

savage_mel
04-13-17, 06:10 AM
I've been demoted from gold to silver. Had a tough group last time and I couldn't keep up!

maryamhjm
04-14-17, 10:07 AM
One of my challenges says breed with a disco ball dragon, I can't find a disco ball dragon, does it even excists?

maryamhjm
04-14-17, 10:11 AM
Deleted

JustKay
04-17-17, 05:31 PM
I took my chances and fortunately it was accepted with just the Disco dragon36489

You might want to be careful about showing snapshots that display you full HUD, with your gold count. I remember way back S8 would validate you own an account based on the gold count in your account (if you had any issues).

savage_mel
04-18-17, 11:57 AM
I came in 3rd today and I was supposed to get 4 5x crops boost but only got 2 and 4 10x breeding boost but only got 3🤔

harobeda
04-18-17, 12:28 PM
Sometimes it doesn't process your winnings right away - close the app (hard close, clear it from the background running) then restart the app. Should show up.

Sometimes when I'm due for 4 of a boost it'll only show 1. Then when I restart the app they're all there.

savage_mel
04-18-17, 12:47 PM
Sometimes it doesn't process your winnings right away - close the app (hard close, clear it from the background running) then restart the app. Should show up.

Sometimes when I'm due for 4 of a boost it'll only show 1. Then when I restart the app they're all there.
Good call! It worked :-)

santy2012
04-22-17, 07:25 PM
Please explain in dragon story, play bingo how to breed A Magic dragon egg can not complete it

deadpixel
04-22-17, 08:50 PM
Please explain in dragon story, play bingo how to breed A Magic dragon egg can not complete it

Breed a red type with a blue type such as a Fire with Water. If you have a Magic Dragon and a Diamond Dragon, you could breed those together too. Bear in mind though that you are likely to need many, many, many tries before you successfully bread a Magic Dragon unless you've got fantastic luck. Personally, I always refresh the square when they ask me to breed a Magic Dragon.

deadpixel
04-22-17, 08:53 PM
One of my challenges says breed with a disco ball dragon, I can't find a disco ball dragon, does it even excists?

They're asking for a "Disco Dragon". It looks like a disco ball. Not sure why the naming discrepancy in Dragon Story.

Benito_
04-23-17, 05:16 AM
I wish Storm8​ would fix all the bugs with this game. I had a bingo task expired because the game kept crashing and Storm8 did nothing. Submitted ticket and got response ISSUE RESOLVED but it still crashes just trying to buy decorations.

kooky panda
04-23-17, 12:12 PM
I wish Storm8​ would fix all the bugs with this game. I had a bingo task expired because the game kept crashing and Storm8 did nothing. Submitted ticket and got response ISSUE RESOLVED but it still crashes just trying to buy decorations.

Please send me your support ticket number by Private message.

kooky panda (https://forums.storm8.com/member.php?46-kooky-panda)

maryamhjm
04-23-17, 02:09 PM
You might want to be careful about showing snapshots that display you full HUD, with your gold count. I remember way back S8 would validate you own an account based on the gold count in your account (if you had any issues).

Not sure what you mean???
Got it now

santy2012
04-23-17, 02:39 PM
Please like breed with bingo that gives 300 points. How to play breed magic egg. I have the egg when I start the game of bingo when it is to breed or already

maryamhjm
04-24-17, 01:05 AM
You have to breed blue and red to try to breed a magic egg(20 hrs) anything less will mean it is breeding a different egg. And you have to accept the challenge before you put the egg on the nest. So for some other bingo challenges you can never be sure it is the egg you want to, when trying for a firestorm for example(it can be a mythic, also 12 hours). It doesn't count if the egg is already on the nest.

maryamhjm
04-25-17, 04:00 AM
For a long time now all the numbers are out of the speeding up boosts that we can win, so I can't see which boost speed I win in the different ranks. Please sort it out, already tried to reinstall game but now change.

Phoenix406
04-25-17, 03:24 PM
It keeps wanting me to breed with a Peacock dragon and a birthstone dragon. I don't have either one of those. I wish it would quit giving me that challenge.

Benito_
04-26-17, 01:20 PM
When is Storm8 going to fix this game. Trying to complete Bingo task and game crashes. Had the exact same problem last Bingo round. Task eventually expires because game keeps crashing. I already have a helpless ticket in that Storm8 has set to resolved.

PeppiVille
04-27-17, 05:26 PM
I have a task to expand. I already have an expansion going on the main island with 33 hrs left. Does anyone know if I expand on Arctic if it will except that?

PeppiVille
04-28-17, 09:53 AM
I have a task to expand. I already have an expansion going on the main island with 33 hrs left. Does anyone know if I expand on Arctic if it will except that?
Drats...it doesn't.

gisellepersad
04-28-17, 06:13 PM
Wats going on with the bingo goals ?? Im doing them and they arent registering...anyone experiencing this

tammybfarm
04-29-17, 08:30 AM
I had the same problem!

catpaladin
06-19-17, 07:46 PM
When it say raise any dragon to adult what level is that? I raised to L10 and it didn't count. I raised another through 13 and ran out of food one feeding short of L14. No go on that one either. L15 is epic but it says to adult. Help!

grandmatina
06-19-17, 08:19 PM
Level 10 is epic. Level 7 is adult.

catpaladin
06-19-17, 09:09 PM
So then it just didn't work as it should have and I'm just stuck. Hardly seems fair. It happened twice so I thought it was my misunderstanding. Well, I'm in #2 spot right now but expect to be crushed as I can't complete the bingo and move on in the time left. Thank you for confirming what I thought it was.

hungryres
06-20-17, 12:37 AM
For a long time now all the numbers are out of the speeding up boosts that we can win, so I can't see which boost speed I win in the different ranks. Please sort it out, already tried to reinstall game but now change.

x2
i thought it was perhaps because i had not update the apps.
(my phone always display message out of storage space)

expansion / clearing task:
is this gone?
because i have not encountered expansion task for a long while now. i limited egg to hatch because land space has seems to become more limited as i expanded almost all the way to upper right corner.

savage_mel
06-20-17, 04:21 PM
I was sitting in second place for the majority of this bingo round. as of this morning i was still holding my place in 2nd. for the last hour i was checking constantly to make sure i was keeping my spot. for the last 2 mins i watched the timer count down and i stayed in second. however, after the results were calculated, i came in THIRD! this really angers me. i worked hard and spent a ton of gold to make sure i stayed in the top two. I deserve those 50 tickets because as far as i knew i was still in second place when the round ended! its bad enough that they're pitting us against each other with these leaderboard events but if the other players results don't show up immediately that is way more than unfair. i brought the issue S8 and they will not do anything for me :-(

cherrycastleorchard
06-27-17, 07:13 PM
You can be sure... Once you have a birthstone Dragon, you'll never again see a task for which you need a birthstone! At the beginning of the bingo, I often had the task "Feed a raindance Dragon". After I had hatched two Raindance Dragons one after another, I have never had this task again. :-/
So true

laurelsail
07-03-17, 11:24 AM
What are the different levels of evolution? Juvenile, Epic, etc. There have been a lot of times when I have evolved a dragon and I don't get credit for it. Advice? Thanks!

savage_mel
07-12-17, 12:09 PM
The leader in my group for this round already has 1520 points! How is this even possible and how can normal people even stand a chance??

TwiWoods
07-12-17, 12:15 PM
Did bingo not reset properly today? I am the only one in my group that doesn't have at least 420 points with only an hour in. The leader has 7600 points. Something is not right here.

EDIT: My Bingo did reset. Now there are a few that have started playing just like previous weeks.

xocantstopdancin
07-18-17, 03:24 PM
What are the different levels of evolution? Juvenile, Epic, etc. There have been a lot of times when I have evolved a dragon and I don't get credit for it. Advice? Thanks!

Evolving from 3-4 is Juvenile
Evolving from 6-7 is Adult
Evolving from 9-10 is Epic

remybimmies
09-03-17, 09:10 PM
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help with my bingo query. When a challenge is 'breed a genie dragon' does it matter when you start the challenge? Do you have to start the challenge before you select your breeding pair and start breeding?

Thanks for any help.

1stdragonbourne
09-21-17, 01:44 PM
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help with my bingo query. When a challenge is 'breed a genie dragon' does it matter when you start the challenge? Do you have to start the challenge before you select your breeding pair and start breeding?

Thanks for any help.

Hi. You can start the task anytime before you place the egg after breeding but it won't count towards the challenge if you start it after breeding the egg and it is already placed in the nest.

dragonwhispereri
09-23-17, 03:29 AM
Has something changed? In the last five or six times I've been in the silver league, I haven't gotten any bingo tasks to clear an area or expand. I keep saving those for that league and sometimes clear inadvertently bc it's so small on the phone my fingers hit them by mistake

Bameeee
09-28-17, 12:24 AM
I played Bingo from time to time so I have some boost prizes ready to use. But I do not know which one is x2, x5 or x10 as there is no number on the icon.

Could somebody help me on this? Sorry if the question has been asked.

Thanks.

dragonwhispereri
10-02-17, 02:37 PM
I played Bingo from time to time so I have some boost prizes ready to use. But I do not know which one is x2, x5 or x10 as there is no number on the icon.

Could somebody help me on this? Sorry if the question has been asked.

Thanks.

From right to left it's 2, 5 and 10

Edit KP added info to post 2

kayjco
10-18-17, 11:43 PM
It didn't count me clearing my area. I waited to start the challenge until just before I finished clearing it. It was done, I just had to click the ready box.

Do you have to start the challenge before you start the timer on the clearing?

CamileGame
10-20-17, 07:26 PM
It didn't count me clearing my area. I waited to start the challenge until just before I finished clearing it. It was done, I just had to click the ready box.

Do you have to start the challenge before you start the timer on the clearing?

No we always been able to start clearing 1st & set timer when ready to finish clearing. I had that happen to me just this morning.
I had a Fung stone ready to clear then I clicked the bingo square timer, clear the Fung stone then went back to bingo to click finish & bingo didn't count it so I had to let the square expire.
It must be a bug because it was working fine last time I had to clear a stone ... Perhaps 5 Bingo games ago. I lost a double bingo on this one & am still stuck on the same round. Hopefully they fix it soon. I'm iOS iPhone 6

nerdyann
11-21-17, 05:43 PM
I downgraded myself until timber league to earn the boost. There were only 2 players including myself with some points but I did not receive my prize after it ended. This happened a few times, any clue?

deadpixel
11-28-17, 10:55 AM
Why does the Bingo timer always end a couple of minutes early? I’ve noticed this happening time and again and this week I got played out by this erratic timer.

I had 4 minutes on the Bingo clock but was waiting for it to hit 2 minutes before making the final collection that would push me up to second place. I was doing this because I knew the player at second place was monitoring the leaderboard and wanted to be sure I could catch him with a 950 point jump. But to my surprise, the clock changed from 2:05 to “Results”, causing me to not only miss getting second place but to also waste all the time and effort breeding the dragon and spending 15 gold for a boost in the score.

Could the developers look into this bug? What is the use of our strategizing to win when a faulty timer flushes our efforts and money down the toilet?

kooky panda
11-28-17, 11:29 AM
Why does the Bingo timer always end a couple of minutes early? I?ve noticed this happening time and again and this week I got played out by this erratic timer.

I had 4 minutes on the Bingo clock but was waiting for it to hit 2 minutes before making the final collection that would push me up to second place. I was doing this because I knew the player at second place was monitoring the leaderboard and wanted to be sure I could catch him with a 950 point jump. But to my surprise, the clock changed from 2:05 to ?Results?, causing me to not only miss getting second place but to also waste all the time and effort breeding the dragon and spending 15 gold for a boost in the score.

Could the developers look into this bug? What is the use of our strategizing to win when a faulty timer flushes our efforts and money down the toilet?

I will report this over.

kooky panda
11-28-17, 12:25 PM
Why does the Bingo timer always end a couple of minutes early? I?ve noticed this happening time and again and this week I got played out by this erratic timer.

I had 4 minutes on the Bingo clock but was waiting for it to hit 2 minutes before making the final collection that would push me up to second place. I was doing this because I knew the player at second place was monitoring the leaderboard and wanted to be sure I could catch him with a 950 point jump. But to my surprise, the clock changed from 2:05 to ?Results?, causing me to not only miss getting second place but to also waste all the time and effort breeding the dragon and spending 15 gold for a boost in the score.

They did check on this timer and everything looks good on their side. Next time can you take some screenshots and send them over to support ?

deadpixel
11-28-17, 11:19 PM
They did check on this timer and everything looks good on their side. Next time can you take some screenshots and send them over to support ?

Thanks Kooky, will do that when the next round ends in a weeks time.

deadpixel
11-28-17, 11:20 PM

Thanks Kooky, will do that when the next round ends in a weeks time.

This will also be a good time to test the iPad's ability to show multiple screens; I'll have the clock running on a sliding panel and the event timer running down the main screen.

31aug2002
02-13-18, 11:18 AM
Hi
In the bingo leaderboard, I am ranked 3rd in Silver league where the prize was 15 tickets and 4 boosts each for farms and breading.
But I have received the 15 tickets and only one each of the boosts.
Can someone explain how this works.
Am returning to the game after a long break and Ist time finished so high on leaderboard!!

31aug2002
02-13-18, 11:57 AM

31aug2002
02-13-18, 01:27 PM
My game just updated and I now have the correct number of my boosts.

Thanks to whoever took notice and corrected the issue.

kooky panda
02-13-18, 03:25 PM
Adventure League Guide (Dragon Bingo) https://p4.zdassets.com/hc/theme_assets/25504/200082166/s8_logo_80.png
Storm8 Updated 8 days ago

Follow (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001732646-Adventure-League-Guide-Dragon-Bingo-/subscription) Adventure Leagues are a fun way to earn new and exciting prizes by playing Dragon Story. You'll start in the Timber League where you'll be introduced to the Bingo board.
Please note that you must have at least 100 Points to qualify for prizes.
-The information below is subject to change-

Adventure Leagues
The new Adventure Leagues can be accessed through the new Adventure League building found on the cliff near the starting location, or through the new HUD button. Adventure League events will be reoccurring, so you'll almost always be able to partake in the fun! The more points you win, the higher the League you'll be placed in. Adventure Leagues have brand new prizes like SPEED BOOSTS for your Farms, Breeding Dens, and Evolution Temple. There are also the new ADVENTURE TICKETS that you can trade in for fantastic new prizes, such as the new GOLD producing, Gold Horizon Dragon!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/24F74lLTQOysn2j/Untitled-4.png
Bingo Challenges
Each board has 16 challenges to pick from. You select one challenge at a time to complete. Come back to collect your Adventure Points once you've finished the challenge. Finishing 4 challenges in a line will earn you a BINGO! Bingos award you a lot of points and give you a new set of 16 challenges. If you're clever, you can line up two, or THREE lines in a row for a double or TRIPLE BINGO!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2015813/p7I52X5b3giDYAT/hud_button_PLB_noTimer_thumb.png
If there's a challenge on your board that you'd like to change, you can start the challenge and then tap the "x" button next to the timer to cancel it. After a period of time, a new challenge will appear in it's place!

Adventure Points
Each time you complete a challenge or successfully get a Bingo, you will be awarded Adventure Points. Challenges are worth different amounts of Adventure Points, so keep your eye out for the big payouts! Adventure Points will help increase your ranking each event. The higher you rank, the better prizes you receive, and the changes of you being promoted to a higher league!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/y6eyOiuhUVLRYkL/AdventurePoint.png
Leagues
The Adventure Leagues consist of five leagues: Timber, Stone, Bronze, Silver, and Gold leagues. At the end of each event, you have the opportunity to be promoted to the next league depending on your ranking. As you rise in league, you'll have access to bigger and better prizes!
NOTE: If you rank in your current League, you will be promoted into the next League. The game will display your promoted League as your current League until the next event begins. You will only receive the prizes for the League you place in for the week. You will need to place in the promoted League during the next event to receive that rank's rewards.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/xdMDlX1hbQjWRir/LeagueBanners.png
Boost Prizes
The Adventure Leagues have introduced the new Boosts! Boosts can be collected and used to speed up the timers on Dens, Farms, Evolutions, and Nests! Each Boost has three different speed increases: a 2x speed boost, 5x speed boost, and a 10x speed boost! You can activate a boost by selecting the building and a new HUD button will appear at the bottom of the screen. You can select which boost you would like to apply. Boosts apply to ALL your buildings of that type! So if you have 7 farms, and use a Farm Boost, it will work for all 7 farms!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/gWzFUS3e6nu5mPt/Boosts.png
Adventure Tickets
Adventure Tickets are one of the most exciting new prizes that the Adventures Leagues have to offer! These valuable tickets can be used in the new Ticket Temple building found in the market. Adventure Tickets can be traded in the Ticket Temple for new and exclusive prizes, such as a GOLD producing dragon!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/NAHNjwKmM1BGesy/AdventureTicket.png
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/aNLTwf3etbGOPZO/PrizeDragons.png
Ticket Temple
The Ticket Temple can be purchased in the Market for coins. Earn Adventure Tickets to trade in for your favorite new prizes!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/dDZbWPP4KbwBC6h/TicketTemple.png
The Adventure Leagues are a fun new way to play your same favorite game, just now with more prizes! We hope you enjoy the new feature, and continue to love Dragon Story!
Thank you
Dragon Story Team
Rewards:
Note: The limit for each boost is 8. Your boosts will show x/8 on the boost icon. If you have 8/8 on a boost, you will need to use some of the boosts in order to earn more.

https://support.storm8.com/hc/article_attachments/115005077206/Screen_Shot_2017-04-04_at_1.56.36_PM.png
https://support.storm8.com/hc/article_attachments/115005054063/Screen_Shot_2017-04-04_at_2.00.46_PM.png
https://support.storm8.com/hc/article_attachments/115005054163/Screen_Shot_2017-04-04_at_1.56.56_PM.png
https://support.storm8.com/hc/article_attachments/115005054363/Screen_Shot_2017-04-04_at_1.57.05_PM.png
https://support.storm8.com/hc/article_attachments/115005077706/Screen_Shot_2017-04-04_at_1.57.15_PM.png

Anaboe
03-02-18, 06:11 AM
Adventure League Guide (Dragon Bingo)]

Kooky, I still am asked to craft Spell Scrolls and other gem-related items in the Bingo. When is this going to be fixed?

kooky panda
03-02-18, 10:46 AM
Kooky, I still am asked to craft Spell Scrolls and other gem-related items in the Bingo. When is this going to be fixed?

I will see if I can get any information.

kooky panda
03-02-18, 02:50 PM

I did check on this-
Gemstone related Bingo tasks is on the list for cleanup.
It's a bigger project so please bear with us on this one.

Anaboe
03-03-18, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the info. It makes Bingo a lot more difficult tho.

KevinW07
04-14-18, 10:20 AM
I've just completed a Battle task with a 6 hour expiry timer. The screen now shows the green button to "COLLECT". Does anyone know if there is a time limit for me to actually collect the the points? I would like to leave it until tomorrow when I have a goal dragon is ready to hatch, and then I can activate the 50% Challenge Boost before collecting the points. My Sunrise dragon has another 14.5 hours to go before it finishes breeding.

tango0520
05-02-18, 02:45 PM
Has something changed? In the last five or six times I've been in the silver league, I haven't gotten any bingo tasks to clear an area or expand. I keep saving those for that league and sometimes clear inadvertently bc it's so small on the phone my fingers hit them by mistake

I have noticed this also. I?ve left many obstacles to be cleared waiting for a bingo task. Has this been answered? Kooky?

[S8] Elsa
05-02-18, 02:52 PM
I have noticed this also. I?ve left many obstacles to be cleared waiting for a bingo task. Has this been answered? Kooky?

We haven't made any changes to the cards since Gemstones were removed, so if you're not seeing these cards, it's just luck.

SoJam
05-25-18, 04:45 PM
Playing in the Adventure Leagues has definitely affected my style. Droves of Fire and Forest dragons hang around for Bingo's feeding or evolving tasks. Now, when my nest is briefly empty, I sell off the "used-up" feeders and bring aboard a fresh batch of 30-second babies. Crazy. Expanded plots lie unusable for longer periods because I'm "saving" the obstacles. Crazy. It makes for some silly and haphazard playing at times, all in the name of bingo. It seems I'm seldom ever breeding for what I MYSELF want. But some interesting dragons show up when the game thinks you're trying for some stupid bingo common (who needs extra Island or Magic after trying forever for the first?)
I'm beginning to get the hang of the boosts, but I'm pretty sure my HUD balances are incorrect - as if I either didn't get the grand prizes I earned, or had some disappear without being used. I'll have to start taking screen shots.
I'm seeing from comments on this thread how demotions back down to lower leagues can be useful strategy. Crazy.
Thanks for the feature, but it does make me talk out loud to myself. Crazy.

SoJam
05-28-18, 09:01 PM
Is there a separate thread discussing speed boosts (for breeding, hatching, evolving and farming) and strategies for using them? If so, please post a link to that thread.

Also, if I apply a 5x boost to a building that has less than 5 hours remaining, will I be charged gold to finish it immediately?
Like, if the building has 6 hours, I would pay 2 gold to speed it; if it has 5 hours, I would pay 1 gold to speed. Now what if it has 4 hours or 3 hours?

SoJam
05-29-18, 12:26 PM
Is there a separate thread discussing speed boosts (for breeding, hatching, evolving and farming) and strategies for using them? If so, please post a link to that thread.

Also, if I apply a 5x boost to a building that has less than 5 hours remaining, will I be charged gold to finish it immediately?
Like, if the building has 6 hours, I would pay 2 gold to speed it; if it has 5 hours, I would pay 1 gold to speed. Now what if it has 4 hours or 3 hours?

Answering my own second question:
Yes you are charged at least one gold bar if you want to immediately finish any boosted task. That's because the gold-speeding charge includes the run time of the boost, so you are always paying 1 gold for the booster clock since its time remaining will be anything up to 60 minutes.
It's still a benefit to use some boosts for tasks that take up only a portion of the boost time, because after you pay that gold, you can start other tasks on the remaining boost time, which could be close to 59 minutes, if you're fast enough on the first swap. Alternately, you can just wait out the shortened time and then add tasks if any boost time remains. Again, it really pays to be quick with reloading tasks and knowing in advance exactly how (and WHY) you plan to use the 60 minutes of boost.
I've found that applying a boost to a single task and then letting that task run the full length of its shortened timer is almost never an efficient use of the boost. I think that's how a lot of us newcomers waste our first sets of 2x and 5x boosts and are therefore not impressed. Training wheels. (I may even have used some without knowing it. LOL)
__Having fun figuring this out

...but I'd still like to know where the separate time-boost discussion thread is. Please and thank you.

Phoenix406
06-19-18, 01:41 PM
Can anyone give me a definitive list of which prizes you earn in each league for the various placements? I got 2 boosts, Ithought they would both be 5x, but it looks like a 5x and a 1x. I really want an accurate list. Thank you someone!!!!

[S8] Elsa
06-19-18, 01:51 PM
Can anyone give me a definitive list of which prizes you earn in each league for the various placements? I got 2 boosts, Ithought they would both be 5x, but it looks like a 5x and a 1x. I really want an accurate list. Thank you someone!!!!

Reward table is near the end of this page (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001732646-Adventure-League-Guide-Dragon-Bingo-). :)

Nuicakes
06-27-18, 07:29 AM
.... I don't have a Birthstone, a Peacock, or a Music Dragon- but keep getting those same tasks over and over and over and over again. ...

I've been really lucky. I still see "breed with a Peacock" and "win a battle with Music" at least once in a game. Last month I finally bred Birthstone and assumed it would disappear from bingo but ... awesome surprise! ... I still see "breed with a Birthstone" at least once in a game too.

SoJam
07-04-18, 09:39 AM
Elsa;1521918']Reward table is near the end of this page (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001732646-Adventure-League-Guide-Dragon-Bingo-). :)

So the ONLY way to get evolution boosts in Silver or Gold league is to finish in the third-prize range? How very strange. Third prize for my last Gold league went to Ranks 13-17 (not 16-20, as the table states.) I was sorely lacking in evolution boosts, because I usually finish high in my league, and had to finish down there just to get ONE 10x evolution boost. If I were in Silver, that spot would get me ONE 5x evolution boost.

Why so stingy with the evolution boosts? It forces players to choose between that specific benefit and the top prizes. I have to risk being demoted just to get a decent evolution boost? That's madness!

cherrycastleorchard
09-03-18, 11:22 PM
Can anyone tell me how you put on 3500 points in 15 minutes in bingo. They have four nests, 1 evolution temple and one roost, but nothing changed there during this time, there was nothing even on the evolution temple. Sometimes I wonder about this game. This has been the strangest bingo I have played this person was not even in the list of players until the second day. Mmmmmm

deadpixel
09-09-18, 09:09 PM
Can anyone tell me how you put on 3500 points in 15 minutes in bingo. They have four nests, 1 evolution temple and one roost, but nothing changed there during this time, there was nothing even on the evolution temple. Sometimes I wonder about this game. This has been the strangest bingo I have played this person was not even in the list of players until the second day. Mmmmmm

It is very possible to achieve these points in minutes and spending a very minimum of Gold if you have boosts running for your your Dens, Nests, etc.

deadpixel
09-09-18, 09:38 PM
I know this has been asked, talked about and vehemently refuted many times over, but I have to point out a recent oddity I encountered in Bingo.

I know the developers have claimed time and again that they have not adjusted the odds of breeding certain common dragons in Bingo, but it gets one wondering when four consecutive days are spent trying for a Fruitful (back-to-back breeding). We used to get the Fruitful Dragon in abundance when breeding Green with Yellow, but now you end up producing Cactus, Fairytale, Fairy and Druid dragons over and over; especially the Catus Dragon.

These are RARE dragons. They should not be turning up more times than the common dragons. You could put it down to "bad" luck, and I'd accept that excuse if it occurred one, two, three, four times, hey! I'd even take it if it happened ten times, but continuously over 4 (almost 5) days? Come on :tickled_pink:

deadpixel
09-20-18, 11:47 PM
Is there a limit to the number of Adventure Tickets you can hold?

Will there be new dragons in the Ticket Temple for us to craft using our accumulated tickets?

You do know that the longer you take to add more dragons to the Ticket Temple the easier it will be for long-standing players of the Adventure League Bingo to buy them all up the day they are released?

Have you considered allowing us to use the tickets to craft boosts or other dragon-crafting materials too?

chemgirl77
12-30-19, 06:56 AM
I'm sure someone here has already stated this, but I really wish the adventure prize pictures had a 2x, 5x, or a 10x on the icon so you know what you are winning.

tempestb
04-30-20, 02:53 PM
Not sure if this is the right spot ... but trying to figure out how the "breed an X dragon" works. Does it trigger when the breeding magic finishes & DS knows what we are getting? Does it trigger when we place the egg on the nest? Does it trigger when we place the dragon in a habitat? I thought that it worked one way, but the next time I tried it worked another.

I avoid those squares just because I don't know how they work. THANKS!

nipkat
05-20-20, 12:08 AM
The breed a certain type of dragon square (for me, its often Royal or Cerebus or Apollo), counts when you move it from breeding to the nest. So you have to guess at the egg! If your breeding time is 12 hours, then you have to know how long it takes to breed the dragon on your board and then take a chance when you move it to your nest. I've gotten it right like, 3 times. So I usually skip those anyway.

tempestb
05-21-20, 03:00 PM
The breed a certain type of dragon square (for me, its often Royal or Cerebus or Apollo), counts when you move it from breeding to the nest. So you have to guess at the egg! If your breeding time is 12 hours, then you have to know how long it takes to breed the dragon on your board and then take a chance when you move it to your nest. I've gotten it right like, 3 times. So I usually skip those anyway.

Thank you so much!

Next "how does it work" questions

... For the "expand using X", does it count when you START expanding, or when you finish?

... For the "clear 1 Foliage" ... does it have to be plant-based (ie any tree, mushroom, whatever) or do any rocks count? I have a lovely one (takes up the whole expansion slot -- wretch rock maybe?) that i have not gotten a specific clear for or any "clear any rock" option. Just wondering if I should keep saving it or go ahead & clear it.

Thanks to everyone here! : )