PDA

View Full Version : Help! My games randomly reverted to level 1!

AbbyButton
10-12-16, 07:00 AM
Today I opened my games and both Castle Story and Dragon Story have gone all the way back to the beginning of the game, level1!! I have been playing both these games almost daily for over four years so they are high level, well established games that by the way I have spent money on several times!

I didn't switch devices, didn't update my iOS, didn't do anything weird! Just out of the blue the games are gone. I do have other storm 8 games. The only one that I can find which does still have my progress is Clue Bingo. I am still signed in with my correct storm 8 ID in the missing games. I can still see my correct friends list. Just my own games are wiped out.

I tried:
-force closing
-powering down the phone
-hard resetting the phone
-uninstalling and reinstalling the apps

Nothing works.

I did email support but no response yet. Please help!

Edited to add:

Here's a clue. Last night I went to play another storm8 game candy blast mania, that I have not played in a while until the last few days. When I turned it on, it had the progress of some old levels that I had played from a year ago or more. Recently I have been playing that from scratch and I was on like level 15 or 16. I didn't want to play level 63 or whatever the old level was, so I told it to log out of Facebook. It did that, then I was able to go back and play the early levels again. Today when I opened my other games, I went to check which games had been updated recently. Interestingly castle story and dragon story have not been updated recently. But Candy blast was updated last night! This could be the problem, though I don't know how

By the way I use an iPhone 6s+, with ios10, and have plenty of storage.

[S8] Regina
10-12-16, 09:22 AM
Sorry about that! Please email support@storm8.com so they can help you with your account. If you already have, an agent will help you soon. Thank you!

AbbyButton
10-12-16, 10:06 AM
I did... late last night and again just now. No response yet. I checked and all my games are wiped out - restaurant story, pet shop story, fruit splash, dragon story and castle story. Yet the storm 8 id is correct and my correct set of friends is present. Nothing helps. I am waiting and the CS event timer is ticking. Please, any other ideas?

[S8] Regina
10-12-16, 10:18 AM
I did... late last night and again just now. No response yet. I checked and all my games are wiped out - restaurant story, pet shop story, fruit splash, dragon story and castle story. Yet the storm 8 id is correct and my correct set of friends is present. Nothing helps. I am waiting and the CS event timer is ticking. Please, any other ideas?

Okay, thank you! I will have an agent check on your ticket soon. Thank you for your patience!

meme1098
10-12-16, 11:36 AM
You know there's a login feature in several of S8's other games:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

I use Fruit Splash Mania.

AbbyButton
10-12-16, 12:44 PM

Let's see if attaching an image here works.....

AbbyButton
10-12-16, 12:47 PM
Ok it worked. That image and the one below are screen grabs I took when I went in to fruit splash and tried to sign in. Note that all my games show as level 1, and no other options are offered:33974

AbbyButton
10-12-16, 12:48 PM
I tapped "cancel" by the way

SpiritWind00
10-12-16, 12:56 PM
I'll help by PM... ;)

AbbyButton
10-12-16, 01:00 PM
Here are a couple of random screenshots from my games that I had on my camera roll for various reasons. They are a few weeks to a few months old, and not too much valuable information, but they do show that I had a high level game(s), lots of coins/gems etc

AbbyButton
10-12-16, 01:52 PM
For some reason I can't upload the other screen shots...

meme1098
10-12-16, 02:05 PM
Ok it worked. That image and the one below are screen grabs I took when I went in to fruit splash and tried to sign in. Note that all my games show as level 1, and no other options are offered:33974

I tapped "cancel" by the way

You have to tap Proceed in order for your games to load. When you tapped cancel, nothing changed.
I use the login quite frequently when I send myself a request. But in order for the games to load to the ones you need, you tap proceed. Make sure you've force closed CS before reopening so it opens the game you logged into.

AbbyButton
10-12-16, 02:09 PM
I did it again and the second time I did tap proceed. It told me I was logged in already:33977

meme1098
10-12-16, 02:09 PM
I did it again and the second time I did tap proceed. It told me I was logged in already:33977

Have you opened CS to see if you're in your original game?

AbbyButton
10-12-16, 02:10 PM
Yes. I'm not. Still level 1.

meme1098
10-12-16, 02:12 PM
Yes. I'm not. Still level 1.

Oh, poo! You're using the password for your original account? Make sure to force close CS first.

Well, if nothing's working, I guess you'll have to wait on S8 to transfer for you. Had a nbr with the same problem but he had no password. It took almost 2 weeks to get his game back. Hoping it works better for you.

AbbyButton
10-12-16, 02:18 PM
Yes, same password. Same ID, same password, and what's weird is, I can still see all my neighbors! I don't know if they see my old game or not - I asked, but no message back yet. If you can visit my world and let me know what you see that would be GREAT. Search me using ID:AbbyButton. Thanks

meme1098
10-12-16, 02:19 PM
Hey...try rebooting your device. First force close. Keeping my fingers crossed.

As a last resort, if that doesn't work, maybe reinstalling the game might.
Ok, sent a nbr invite. Let me know if you get it.

AbbyButton
10-12-16, 02:21 PM
I force closed. I rebooted. I hard restarted. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I logged in and out of game center,Facebook,and iCloud. Nothing worked. I have tried all these things already.

meme1098
10-12-16, 02:27 PM
I force closed. I rebooted. I hard restarted. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I logged in and out of game center,Facebook,and iCloud. Nothing worked. I have tried all these things already.

So sorry. I guess you have to wait on S8. :(

AbbyButton
10-12-16, 02:28 PM
IT'S BACK! IT'S BACK! IT'S BACK! IT'S BACK! IT'S BACK!

I have no idea why! I guess support worked some magic behind the scenes! Yay!��

Thanks for your help!

meme1098
10-12-16, 02:30 PM
Yay!!!! I'm so glad you got it back.
Maybe Regina got someone to check your game. That would be great!!

AbbyButton
10-12-16, 04:35 PM
Oh my gosh I am so behind! So much gaming to do, so little time :)

SpiritWind00
10-12-16, 10:26 PM
Happy to hear your game is back. Closing thread as issue resolved.

Thank you Regina!

Edit: reopened as new issue to be posted.

AbbyButton
10-14-16, 11:50 AM
Hello again! All was well, briefly, but several hours after I got my games back (THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HELPED!!) now all of a sudden my neighbors list has vanished! In both Castle Story and Dragon Story. In the last couple days 2 or 3 people have "re-friended" me, but in CS I'd had about 40 neighbors and in DS maybe 60+. I would very much like my neighbors back!

In CS, when I go to FAQ and look under storm8 ID, it says "create your storm8 id by going to menu>social>invite", which seems to imply I am not logged in. When I go to menu>social >invite, in the upper right corner it shows my storm8 id as "AbbyButton", which is correct. To double check that I was truly logged in I went into fruit splash where an actual log in can be found for the storm8 id and tried to log in, but it said I was already logged in! So...hmmmm.

I did try the whole force close/power down/hard reset business, but none of that made any difference. Help! Dear neighbors, I have not forgotten you!

AbbyButton
10-14-16, 11:53 AM
Tried to upload images but it keeps failing, no idea why :(

SpiritWind00
10-17-16, 07:28 PM
Can you update your app and see if that helps resolve.