PDA

View Full Version : Elven outpost missing

ktorewqas
10-10-16, 11:30 AM
My elven outpost is gone lol
If I tap the bird, it would be like this
I force closed and restarted the game, same thing;)

PikaSquirrel
10-10-16, 01:26 PM

Can you try reinstalling and see if this helps?

MamaLama9876
10-10-16, 01:57 PM

I have the same problem on both of my accounts. I reinstalled my game for one account. The Elven Outpost briefly reappeared while the game was repopulated, but then disappeared again.

meme1098
10-10-16, 02:02 PM
Too bad you can't have that space for something else :D

belbar22
10-10-16, 02:22 PM
On both my accounts my outpost has disappeared also

ladyperidot
10-10-16, 02:44 PM
On both my accounts my outpost has disappeared also

Mine is gone too. I force closed and it's still gone. Nadine is just sort of perched on nothing

nonzorr
10-10-16, 03:01 PM
Outpost dissappeared too in my game.
Force closed, but that did not help.
Visited a neighbor and returned, and it's back again :-)

tcgms17
10-10-16, 03:42 PM
Outpost dissappeared too in my game.
Force closed, but that did not help.
Visited a neighbor and returned, and it's back again :-)

Did the same, outpost appeared for an instant after visiting a neighbor, but disappeared again.

Stymie52
10-10-16, 04:02 PM
My Elven Outpost has vanished as well. The bird is sitting in air.

ninjalejones
10-10-16, 04:04 PM
Same issue here, the bird is just hovering

redlorry
10-10-16, 04:07 PM

Me too. With the bird hovering mid air.

bisonbuy
10-10-16, 04:08 PM
My bird is also hovering in mid air with no place to call home....some nasty elf magic no doubt ����

⚔5️⃣6️⃣TSS

fish63
10-10-16, 04:30 PM
Came to see if I was the only one whose outpost is missing. If it appears after visiting the bird disappears!

cyndora
10-10-16, 04:31 PM
same thing happening in my kingdom too lol

i kinda like it

maybe they are working on it to be able to move? that would be great!

Stymie52
10-10-16, 05:02 PM
Elven Outpost has reappeared. These elves are indeed a little shady.

nessa005
10-10-16, 06:37 PM
I have opened and force closed my game 4 times but my elven outpost is still missing. the cloud sparrow is there and when I tap on him I can see the things to send but he's sitting in a big empty spot of land. Poor thing has nothing to roost on😞. How can I get the outpost back?

ladyperidot
10-10-16, 07:00 PM
I visited a neighbor and came back, outpost back, Nadine gone, just the feather hovering. I force closed and now Nadinas back and out post is gone.

dragoniakingdom
10-10-16, 07:13 PM
Just to add that mine has disappeared also.

PrincessCelestian
10-10-16, 07:18 PM
Yeah mine has been disappearing and reappearing all day.

roguebee
10-10-16, 08:25 PM
Not only has the outpost disappeared, but I have an unacceptable trade being offered to me. I would hide too...

riverly
10-10-16, 09:00 PM
Just checking in to see that others had the invisible outpost. Mine is invisible too. I wonder if my bluejay (it looks like a bluejay to me anyways) will be able to find his way back home. I'm up to 3 gold runes.

FlowerBurst
10-10-16, 09:09 PM

Same thing has been happening to me. When the bird is at the outpost, nothing I do will trigger the outpost to reappear, but after I send the bird out for a delivery, I can close and restart the game and the outpost will be visible again.

riverly
10-10-16, 09:31 PM
Yay. Mine showed up after sending off a delivery. I think the Elves need to work on their magic a little bit. They don't seem to have it together very well.

SpiritWind00
10-10-16, 10:43 PM
Pika knows about this... The outpost is still there, it's just invisible today. I'll flag this with the team. :)

paisdelasmaravillas
10-10-16, 11:39 PM

I have the same problem too

Tamochan
10-11-16, 01:59 AM
Hiya
tried to find the report bug area but could not, so here goes - went onto castle story this morning and the bird is hovering over an invisible elven outpost. when I click on the area, an outline of the outpost appears but no outpost. I have tried hard closeing and clearing cache, but when I just went back, it is still missing in action.
so is this a generic bug or should I report it direct via email?

cavegirl1
10-11-16, 02:12 AM
I have had this happen intermittently today. It seems to reappear after I visit neighbours for some reason

katbtodd
10-11-16, 03:47 AM
It's been doing it to me for a few days now.. But it always comes back after you force close. It does it when the bird flies in
Yes I reinstalled my game ,, still worked the same ,that did not help

comeseecomesah
10-11-16, 05:09 AM
Mine too. On 1 account I have a faint line in line with outpost going right across screen and it moves as I scroll screen

Can still get into the outpost tho.

fish63
10-11-16, 10:14 AM
Sorry posted before I saw where to post. Are they working on this?

MisterBlu
10-11-16, 10:14 AM
The outpost is missing in both my games too and I also have the line across one of them. Outpost is still working though.

PikaSquirrel
10-11-16, 10:32 AM
We're looking into this. You won't need to write in to let us know it's invisible in your Kingdom too. Once it's fixed, I'll update here and it'll be fixed for everyone. You can still tap on it and use the building.

Equinox14
10-11-16, 02:35 PM
My outpost will not load anymore even after I deleted and restarted Castle. help!

lindtball
10-11-16, 04:37 PM
Elven 💫✨💫Magic💫✨💫

ladyperidot
10-12-16, 07:46 AM
Any resolution for S8 on this? Mine seems to show up when Nadina leaves, but disappears when she comes back.

PikaSquirrel
10-12-16, 10:28 AM
We're still looking into this, thanks for your patience!

meme1098
10-12-16, 11:37 AM
We're still looking into this, thanks for your patience!

Hopefully the footprint will also be changed so there's not so much open space around the actual building.

7widget7
10-12-16, 02:35 PM
What I want to know is why the eleven outpost is now invisible and there are blue feather floating over all my chickens? I can still do trades but it sure looks odd.

meme1098
10-12-16, 03:05 PM
What I want to know is why the eleven outpost is now invisible and there are blue feather floating over all my chickens? I can still do trades but it sure looks odd.

Go to Menu, Settings in your game & see if Hide Nadina's feathers is checked.

DragonThruTime
10-12-16, 03:58 PM
Mine is invisible too with just the feather hovering over the top of the big bird. It has been that way all day. I went to the settings. 'Hide Nadinas Feathers' is not switched on. I tried it both ways to see what would happen.....which was nothing. It stayed the same either way. It doesn't interfere with doing the trades though.

nateryd
10-12-16, 04:43 PM
Hmmm... Just having a big blue bird in my queendom looks strange, I would rather just see the outpost.! At least you can make it fit with other stuff! Hope it goes back to the other way!

joewasicek
10-12-16, 07:56 PM
Hmmm... Just having a big blue bird in my queendom looks strange, I would rather just see the outpost.! At least you can make it fit with other stuff! Hope it goes back to the other way!
I'm having the same problem. My Outpost is invisible. But can see the big blue Bird. I've also noticed since this problem, I'm unable to Exit the game. When I go to Exit, my screen just freezes.

OnlyOneRamoth
10-12-16, 08:59 PM
Mine too....no outpost. Seems this corresponds with the timing of the change to the size of it.

katbtodd
10-13-16, 12:48 AM
Mine too....no outpost. Seems this corresponds with the timing of the change to the size of it.

My size didn't change hummmm

Tamochan
10-13-16, 01:14 AM
it came back but vanished again.......

SpiritWind00
10-13-16, 01:51 AM
it came back but vanished again.......
It must be some elven trick! (reinstalling does tend to bring it back, but not every time!) :)

midsom
10-13-16, 02:24 AM
It seems you cant have both the bird and the outpost on your "board" when the bird is there the out post is gone, my bird is away at the moment and the outpost is visible.

hkcorrigan
10-13-16, 03:49 AM
Disappearing outpost. Disappearing kingdom names in news. Maybe it's really elven magic they can't control. ����✨

fish63
10-13-16, 03:59 PM
See the problem hasn't been fixed! Soon I hope, please.

zakandcob
10-13-16, 05:57 PM
Not sure if anyone else has this problem or if they're linked but I now have giant Blue Bird feathers hovering over my chickens as well as no outpost???...!!! Maybe a different bug/glitch but thought I'd post it here anyway...

ghjvcucjb
10-13-16, 09:53 PM
I posted this earlier on another thread but can't find it. Thought it might have been moved here but don't see it. My elven building is missing and the bird just sits there. When I click on him, he flies away and the 'tomorrow's order' screen pops up. This is very dangerous because I have no idea what the request was for. Hoping it wasn't for gold items. And it doesn't show any rewards. Also there are blue feathers bobbing up and down over my chickens.

SpiritWind00
10-13-16, 11:11 PM
repost:

We're looking into this. You won't need to write in to let us know it's invisible in your Kingdom too. Once it's fixed, I'll update here and it'll be fixed for everyone. You can still tap on it and use the building.

ghjvcucjb
10-14-16, 12:13 AM

I would like to caution anyone on tapping on it. I included in my previous post that when I tapped on it, The bird automatically flew off which means the order was filled. I have no idea what the order was so if it included things I didn't want give, I wasn't given the opportunity to decide. Hopefully the order didn't include any gold items.

belbar22
10-14-16, 06:06 AM
Outpost still missing on both my islands belbar22 (Belbar) and talli22 (Tallyscally

MisterBlu
10-14-16, 09:33 AM
I just tapped on the bird totally by chance while moving my game board across my iPad screen. I was looking at where I was moving to and of all the places my finger could have tapped it was on the bird and off it flew. To say I am spitting teeth is an understatement!

meme1098
10-14-16, 10:43 AM
I just tapped on the bird totally by chance while moving my game board across my iPad screen. I was looking at where I was moving to and of all the places my finger could have tapped it was on the bird and off it flew. To say I am spitting teeth is an understatement!

You didn't have any items checked for delivery, I hope.

Unless you tapped the big Deliver button under the bird, you should be ok.

ghjvcucjb
10-14-16, 02:00 PM
Just wanted to update that as of this morning, my bird now takes off on his own without clicking on him. I'm not worried about this one as I was with my earlier report because the check mark bobbing over the invisible building is still there so I'm assuming nothing was delivered....unlike the problem I reported yesterday.

meme1098
10-14-16, 02:36 PM
Yes, when the timer runs out, the bird leaves without anything & returns in 4 or 5 hours (I forget exactly) with a new order.

ghjvcucjb
10-14-16, 08:05 PM
Yes, when the timer runs out, the bird leaves without anything & returns in 4 or 5 hours (I forget exactly) with a new order.

Yes, but the check mark doesn't usually stay bobbing up and down after the bird leaves.

Equinox14
10-15-16, 12:18 PM
Same problem on my IPad. I reinstalled and no luck. Has Storm8 responded yet with a solution?
Thanks

SpiritWind00
10-15-16, 02:21 PM
It's the weekend... Need to wait till Monday, but they are working on it. Must not be a quick easy fix or it would have gone through by now.

dioate
10-16-16, 12:06 AM
Mine is gone, however that is not the only problem. I have buildings that have part of them "sunk" in the ground, have never seen a cursed stone, haunted vine, or bewitched glass (these are just spinning round updates). This is the same with my event goal on the side. When I first placed my Haunted Castle it took on the form of the closet object I had to it which was a Winter White Tree, so I had a huge tree instead of a ruin waiting to be built. Also when I try to place Iron Rich Rock, it also takes on weird and different shapes i.e. a huge coin, a small goddess tree, a large cup, large mushroom, etc... Round spinning update thing for Spooky Trap, Dark Cave Formation, Glimmer Rock Formation in Featured. When these items are placed in kingdom they take on the shape of something near them. When I try to visit neighbors, their animals will have huge heads and no bodies and their buildings are all warped. Yes, I've tried all the usual ways to fix this. I have been playing this game since inception and it is the only thing on iPad not functioning properly. I would rather have it back to normal and have the darn bird stay still. Actually, I don't even have to see it to send off my items. Thanks

nessa005
10-16-16, 04:59 AM
It's becoming very weird in my kingdom. Bird #1 is sitting on a missing outpost and another one, bird #2 on the far west side, is flapping it's wings,hovering like a helicopter trying to fly in. I'm staying away from both areas!

lordelrond21
10-16-16, 08:57 AM
Mmmm...missing outpost, weird lines through my kingdom, my cows are sprouting feathers and I can't seem to find ghosts, werewolves or mummies.
I think the force is turning dark in RivenDell, I'm gonna start smiting things with my Epic Broadsword soon, that oughta work...⚔️👊

sunnybrook2
10-16-16, 12:31 PM
Hi all,,,my outpost has consumed the left quad and frozen everything close to the outpost,,,no collecting or edit works in that area. I already reinstalled CS,,,so,,what's the fixerooo?
All the best, Piper

LadyLolepere
10-16-16, 04:36 PM
The Elven post is missing for me too! I did a hard start and that doesn't help

aurora171
10-17-16, 05:51 AM
Hi all,,,my outpost has consumed the left quad and frozen everything close to the outpost,,,no collecting or edit works in that area. I already reinstalled CS,,,so,,what's the fixerooo?
All the best, Piper

I'm having the same problem! My outpost seems to have doubled in size lol which is fine but I have things that are now behind it that I can't get to!

comeseecomesah
10-17-16, 07:26 AM
Beware beasties spawning near the enlarged outpost. I had one stuck behind it that I just could not reach and so could not continue to try for ghost,mummy etc. Restarting didn't solve it so I uninstalled, then restarted device and then reinstalled and it worked making the outpost smaller as it was originally...for a while which gave me enough time to **** the beast , then 2 mins later I saw it change back to huge size again covering stuff I have there, but at least the beast is gone. I've seen nbrs' outposts enlarged too,also some have a small 1 and large 1 inc my other kingdom. I'm guessing S8 is tackling this. I'v reported my problem. Meanwhile be carefull of spawning near outpost if yours is enlarged.

[removed ticket no... Thanks, SW]

meme1098
10-17-16, 05:30 PM
Looks like the new version update in the App Store resolved the ghostly Outpost.
After updating, it's now visible....at least for now.

PikaSquirrel
10-17-16, 05:51 PM
Please update to 1.6.1 to see your Elven Outpost! If yours is still invisible, please let us know. Thank you guys so much for your patience.

ghjvcucjb
10-17-16, 09:00 PM
Hi, looked at my game and it says it's 1.6.? And my eleven post is still invisible. However now the bird is extra small and lands behind the bobbing feather/plus sign. All the feathers over the chickens are gone, which is sad because I liked them.

Also, when the bird returns, my game freezes for a second then zooms out and over to the empty unexpandable area that includes the mountains and I can watch the bird fly over the terrain to her landing spot. I like this! Pretty cool.

LadyLolepere
10-17-16, 11:03 PM
Came back for awhile...but my post is missing again

MisterBlu
10-18-16, 05:44 AM
Just a thought but could this missing outpost problem be related to which version of IOS we are running? I am still on iOS 8.

KunkkuPomo
10-18-16, 10:10 AM
Updated, still no mummies...:(

Tealantern
10-18-16, 10:55 AM
My outpost is also missing.

PikaSquirrel
10-18-16, 11:04 AM
My outpost is also missing.

This has been fixed in 1.6.1, which is only available for iOS at the moment. It will be fixed for Android soon. We'll let you know once the update is available!

comeseecomesah
10-18-16, 11:17 AM
FYI... I'm Android and my problem was an enlarged outpost in 1 kingdom, and a large and small outpost in other kingdom. I uninstalled,then restarted device,then reinstalled. This fixed it for around 10 minutes (time enough to **** beast which was behind) then it changed into large 1 again.
Yesterday it appeared normal and has been ever since. Yeyy.

Tealantern
10-18-16, 11:19 AM
Thank you. I checked my pending updates and it was there. Now all is good!

ghjvcucjb
10-18-16, 03:36 PM
Yah! It's all fixed. Thank you plus my game still forces to unexpandable area to watch the bird fly in! I love that and glad it stayed. Also now the blue feathers bob over required items so at a glance you know what you need to gather. Cool! Thanks S8

puzzlecatz
10-18-16, 07:15 PM
Yes my outpost disappears too and reappears once an order is sent but then disappears again once the bird appears. I am still able to fill orders though so I am not worried

hagypagy
10-19-16, 08:19 PM
Yes my outpost disappears too and reappears once an order is sent but then disappears again once the bird appears. I am still able to fill orders though so I am not worried

My outpost does exactly the same ... disappears while the Cloudsparrow is there.
Hope this gets fixed =)

l03z
10-20-16, 01:20 PM
The outpost is back, but now I have 2 birds on it! One just sitting there, and one behind it flapping its wings. And the outpost disappears when there's a monster nearby...

kooky panda
10-20-16, 02:41 PM
The outpost is back, but now I have 2 birds on it! One just sitting there, and one behind it flapping its wings. And the outpost disappears when there's a monster nearby...
I will let them know there are still some issues.

SpiritWind00
10-20-16, 04:18 PM
S8 report that for those players who still do not see the Outpost - it is more than likely that this is an issue with your device (as they get older there seems to be more reports of display issues). Either way, the functionality works and that's the main thing.

Reinstalling your game may correct this issue. Thanks.

(thanks Kooky for the additional report to the team)

happp123
10-24-16, 05:19 PM

My eleven outpost is doing the same thing it's invisible but the bird is sitting in the air. Not sure what do do.

PikaSquirrel
10-24-16, 05:33 PM
My eleven outpost is doing the same thing it's invisible but the bird is sitting in the air. Not sure what do do.

Please update to 1.6.1 to see the fix.

mayennalee
11-04-16, 12:00 PM
Please update to 1.6.1 to see the fix.

Is this update still available? I cant see it in the play store.
I have clicked on the S8 content and it shows me all of the available games. I can see 1.6.0 - which I already have, and Desert Nights, but not this version above.

ETA. I have just reinstalled 1.6.0 and so far *touch wood* that seems to have fixed it

mayennalee
11-05-16, 05:19 AM
So, touching wood didnt work. I have gone back in 3 times today the outpost has disappeared again. It looks like there is a line running horizontally through the space.

SpiritWind00
11-05-16, 04:35 PM
sometimes it helps if instead of going into your history of purchases to reinstall, you go back into the App Store. Perhaps you can try that again. Sometimes it can take a few reinstalls to get the display images back to normal. Make sure you turn your device off and back on again as well as all of the troubleshooting tips in the Game Crashing Thread (in Bugs sticky threads).

mayennalee
11-06-16, 03:57 AM
Thanks SW. I will have a look and try those tips :)

katbtodd
12-02-16, 02:03 AM
Since the app up date yesterday out post is missing again

SpiritWind00
12-02-16, 02:15 AM
Have you done another reinstall to see if that fixes it?? Couldn't get my game to open up lots today (including now to see if mine's missing too), and I've inadvertently upgraded too. Do you see mine when you visit??

Finally in... mine's ok. I'd reinstall again.

katbtodd
12-02-16, 03:10 AM
Have you done another reinstall to see if that fixes it?? Couldn't get my game to open up lots today (including now to see if mine's missing too), and I've inadvertently upgraded too. Do you see mine when you visit??

Finally in... mine's ok. I'd reinstall again.

I do not like doing the reinstall if I don't have too , my internet is so bad it takes for ever ... Once the bird flys away and I force close the building is back, I will wait , to see if others are going to complain

hagypagy
12-02-16, 07:08 AM
Yes the Elven Outpost is missing again since the last update!!

Only when the Cloudsparrow is waiting.

coccochin
12-02-16, 10:00 AM
Same for me

fish63
12-02-16, 10:52 AM
No building. Bird waiting!

SparklyOctopus
12-02-16, 12:15 PM
Thanks for letting us know! I've passed this to the team!

Flowersandgems
12-05-16, 04:00 AM
I am having the same problem. If I visit a neighbor the outpost briefly returns. After about 10 seconds it just disappears.

Flowersandgems
12-05-16, 04:12 AM
In settings, there is a setting to turn off Nadina's feathers. Does that have anything to do with the problem? Mine is currently off. Toggling on or off didn't seem to change anything.

katbtodd
12-05-16, 10:23 AM
In settings, there is a setting to turn off Nadina's feathers. Does that have anything to do with the problem? Mine is currently off. Toggling on or off didn't seem to change anything.

Didn't change any thing on mine either either way! The same

fish63
12-05-16, 12:18 PM
Still no building! No gold from trades. Would put the whole thing in storage, if we could!

SpiritWind00
12-05-16, 01:51 PM
Don't stress too much that it's missing. It's only a display issue and mine came back once I reinstalled a couple of times. The functionality of the outpost is still 100%. ;)

Gold or lack thereof is not a bug but just very low reward rate.

Flowersandgems
12-05-16, 11:16 PM
Yah, it's fixed with the winter update! Thank you.