PDA

View Full Version : Best combos to breeds to get Black or Pink dragons

tbetoug
10-10-16, 06:15 PM
I was told that breeding a Blue/Purple combo dragon with a Black (or night) Dragon has a high percentage of yielding -something- that has the Black dragon attribute. However, for six consecutive eggs, I've gotten a Coral Dragon. Infact, in nearly 1 full month of breeding, the only black-trait Dragon i've recieved has been an Eletric Dragon (Black and Blue). The rest are mostly Coral Dragons.

So I'll ask that question again but I'll add a tweak to it;

I'm looking to breed to obtain any all Black and PINK elemental dragons eggs. Any suggestions are welcome, I used the breeding calculator for the best options to obtain possible Black Dragon eggs, but I'm curious if there's any combos that might have a chance to yield both Black and/or Pink Dragon eggs.

Let me know, and many thanks.

starship412
10-11-16, 08:57 AM
Unfortunately, the black hybrids and pink hybrids are as ultra rare as diamonds when it comes to breeding. Both elements love to split and give us garbage like Love and Corals. I haven't found an easy way to breed those hybrids at all. At one point I didn't breed a black hybrid for 7 1/2 months - just a parade of blue/purple junk because black was always splitting.
For Pink hybrids I had a little better luck when breeding pink and red hybrids. Surprisingly they had less splits than pink and something else.

ksbmommy
10-11-16, 09:31 AM
I have an endless fail of Corals, even during free boosted breeding times. The only luck I've had in the past month, I bred a Dark Angel (Black and Diamond) but after that fail! And if I use my white/black hybrid I get an endless supply of Luck fails.

I'm ready to give up very soon.

PinkBubbles75
10-11-16, 04:10 PM
Perhaps you could use Electric/Night & Magic to try and get the illusion dragon (purple/black hybrid).

I have bred some black hybrids (summer elf, electric, arch-angel, moon, hunter, smoke, emberglow, darksteel) but I will say that I have gotten all of these as fails in my attempts to breed siamese and other dragons I can't remember. Granted I did eventually want to have these "fails" but I wasn't focused on getting them at the time. As for pink hybrids I have bred charisma, oragami, winter lily, cupcake, triple rainbow, tiny, melody, flower, quicksilver, kite, and lavender. All of these except winter lily and triple rainbow, were "fails" for something else.

Some of the aforementioned dragons resulted from me using breeding combos with atleast 4 different types (with atleast one of them was the type I was trying to breed hybrids for). Its a lot of possible fails but I was able to get some pink hybrids and black hybrids. Perhaps you could use Electric and some other hybrid that doesn't have the same typing. Throwing random pairs together could work too. In my experience, I sometimes get dragons I've been wanting when I least expect it or when I'm trying to get something else.

islanddoll1
10-12-16, 02:52 AM
I just threw light 8 and playful 9 in the nest hoping to get something to get off the breeding den quickly for the sake of completing an act in Tales instead I get a 33hr dragon, virtue. This is my third virtue, I'm not even interested in getting it.

starship412
10-13-16, 12:13 PM
I just threw light 8 and playful 9 in the nest hoping to get something to get off the breeding den quickly for the sake of completing an act in Tales instead I get a 33hr dragon, virtue. This is my third virtue, I'm not even interested in getting it.

Ugh, I know the struggle. I just bred a stupid Virtue myself. They should reclassify it as a common dragon instead of rare because that pops up and it's a 33 hour waste of time when you already bred at least 3 of em.

FireballFarm
10-16-16, 10:54 PM
I think with black and pink it's all a matter of chance and odds. Both colors split more often than they don't. The only thing to do is just keep on trying- which is rather tedious advice, but that's all that can realiy be done.

There are no particular 'winning' breeding combos since all breeding results are random. Even carefully choosing breeding parents to reduce the number of potential offspring appears to have no positive effect. I get more satisfying results by casting a big net- choosing pairs with 50+ potential outcomes. Even if I don't get my target dragon, I'm more likely to get some other new-to-me dragon, which is always nice, and it makes the breeding attempt feel like a win instead of a disappointment. Narrowing the offspring pool seems to result in lots of commons.

I recently got two black/pinks during free boosted breeding, Mask and Flamingo, so maybe the boosted breeding ups the odds on black and pink not splitting?