PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Story: Winter Holiday Suggestion Thread 2016

kooky panda
10-09-16, 01:58 PM
Hey guys, I wanted to start a thread to give you guys a chance to post your suggestions for Winter Holiday items!!

What type recipes, themes, items, etc. would you like to see added to the game?

This thread is for items, not for new game features or current feature changes.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk165/amethyst5891/Winter/842633nd5xhzzidw.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/amethyst5891/media/Winter/842633nd5xhzzidw.gif.html)

MamaFoodie
10-10-16, 10:16 AM
Peppermint log, fruitcake, holiday ham, Black Forest cake, Baked Alaska, German Chocolate Cake and Standing Rib Roast

Please bring back the 12 Days of Christmas.

pcabral03
10-10-16, 08:57 PM
I would like around the world Christmas Dinner food recipes on regular appliances (oven, stove, grill). It's been so long since we've had new recipes in those, and it'd be nice to do world theme.

KingdomMagicD
10-11-16, 09:18 PM
I would like to see decorations with movement like the snow falling in the window above. Maybe a snowman's arm moving up and down to say Hi. Or flames flickering in a fireplace.

edwinarca87
10-11-16, 09:41 PM
Thats a cool idea

biscuitsndavey
10-16-16, 05:50 PM
Please re-release past items . There are so many players that would love to have the option to buy them whether they are a gem heavy or not. I don't speak for everyone here but I know a lot of people who feel this way . For some reason we really enjoy your past designs . As for something new , this may seem small, but I would like to see poinsettias , any kind of winter foliage ( this would also not offend anyone at holiday time )- as accents . Or anything classical I think a lot of us would enjoy , Old fashion Christmas themed items - from something as British as The Snowman, to classic American old puppet style Christmas (cartoons) that we all grew up with. Your past winter box is a huge hit because it doesn't have any items that are politically incorrect . Snow, sleighs, Clydesdales etc. Personally I am hoping and hoping and hoping for that winter snow globe thing and the Clydesdales !!!

Gingersnap100
10-18-16, 01:59 PM
Please re-release past items . There are so many players that would love to have the option to buy them whether they are a gem heavy or not!
I agree with this. So glad you've done that with Halloween decor. In addition, perhaps have old ovens/stoves/drink machines available also for same reason stated above.

Anything musically related to the holidays-Santa sitting on a piano, Santa and reindeer singing, snowman singing, etc.

pieandcream
10-20-16, 12:41 PM
somesort of cabin with fireplace, all xmasy with reindeer poking head through window, cats playing with yarn or rolled up in front of fireplace, dog on mat, people/kids baking or decorating gingerbread house. or xmas disaster, cat on falling xmas tree, mat in front of fireplace catching fire and people making an "oh no" face hehehe......just not cutesy stuff!!

twospoons
10-20-16, 04:45 PM
not as desperate as i am for it in BS, but i do love the game characters in seasonal clothing (i'm shocked you didn't give us phoebe dressed for halloween, given that she keeps talking about her costume). so: gran gran in red dress & lee in a silly sweater! we could have a potluck christmas dinner, with a new stove and each recipe is contributed by a character:

a christmas sushi from lee

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/60/7e/25/607e256d708e339a5c74d9d23f316dc3.jpg

and a dish from gran-gran and one from phoebe that i'm too lazy to think of right now

DragonWished
10-23-16, 09:26 AM
Nothing cutesy, babyish or juvenile.

I would be happy with new recipes for existing appliances and access to the grayed out recipes on those appliances.

Around here, restaurants are decorated with forest greens, twinkling lights, decorated Christmas trees (sometimes hung upside down to conserve space for seating), Yule logs, holly sprigs and poinsettias.

3squares
10-23-16, 10:36 AM
not as desperate as i am for it in BS, but i do love the game characters in seasonal clothing (i'm shocked you didn't give us phoebe dressed for halloween, given that she keeps talking about her costume). so: gran gran in red dress & lee in a silly sweater! we could have a potluck christmas dinner, with a new stove and each recipe is contributed by a character:

a christmas sushi from lee

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/60/7e/25/607e256d708e339a5c74d9d23f316dc3.jpg

and a dish from gran-gran and one from phoebe that i'm too lazy to think of right now

Ha ha love the Christmas sushi tree! Except the raw okra ... Blargh

Re-release of xmas recipes that are now locked. Wasn't there a Santa Pancakes and Buche de Noel?

sassieyangel23
10-24-16, 10:53 AM
Please please please unlock old christmas recipes and thanksgivving parade goals for limited time. That would be awesome. Thanks

Brenda123T
10-25-16, 05:31 AM
Yes, I agree with the above post. I would luv 2 be able 2 unlock the "WINTER OVEN" which is a goal before my time. I know u folks have the capability, someone just needs to "Green Light " it. Also, I'm still having issues with hundreds of thousands of food disappearing. I've been playing this game 4 5yrs now& luv it but get frustrated with the food disappearing. Yes I keep my doors open & yes I know how it all works...but...this is different. Also, I'm having issues where gifts that my neighbors r receiving from me r NOT always what I've sent them. They get some obscure old part that I did not hit the "send" button, but they got it anyway. Thk u Brenda

pixiegamer
10-29-16, 05:36 PM
Thank you as always for starting this thread Kooky :) Everyone has such great ideas; I hope they make it into the game :)

As usual, my post is a bit long... :p But here we go!

General

Less sparkles on the decor!
Please serve the food in actual serving dishes, rather than cookie sheets or cooking pots. Even the classic blue plates are a huge step up from the recent trend of serving-in-cookware/bakeware that we've been seeing in the game.
More of Gran-Gran, Phoebe, and Chef Lee as solitary 1x1 floor decorations please :) I gave suggestions in most categories below
More seasonal solitary characters in general :)
More people with varied skin tones please!

November/Thanksgiving

A re-release of the November 2013 goals, including for players who may have started but were not able to finish them OR the re-release of that goal content for gems. I loved that the Halloween 2013 goals were brought back for October (as did many other players! ♡), but older players weren't able to finish the goals or buy additional goal prizes.

The November 2013 goals are special for me because they're the first monthly goal set I was able to participate in in Restaurant Story. However, being new and very inexperienced at the time, I wasn't able to get more than two steps into the goals :( If the Restaurant Story team is making plans to re-release the goals, PLEASE allow players to complete the goals if they weren't able to. Or, please allow everyone to be able to buy the goal content for gems, as was done with the April 2014 Blossom Goals content a long time ago.

A sale on the Horn of Plenty box, or maybe a special sale wherein the box prizes are all available individually.

New Thanksgiving recipes like Stuffed Turkey Roulade, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Nut Loaf (the vegetarian version of meatloaf), Roasted Root Vegetables, Brussel Sprouts, Roasted Butternut Squash Chunks, Squash Soup, Macaroni Casserole, etc.

Falltime kitchen scenes or equipment. Examples: a kitchen island with pumpkins and candles arranged on top; a wall-mounted spice rack featuring cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; Gran-Gran pulling a freshly-baked pumpkin pie (or even her famous boysenberry pie!) out of the oven; a cream-colored/thin burnt orange tile ****** backsplash wallpaper; an open window with patterned orange curtains showing fall leaves outside

Still really hoping for a dirt tile :p It could work as a fall item

The return of the Cider Bar as an LTO:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dIweAIZuEm8/UkQ4FLu32zI/AAAAAAAABB0/vvYub6x7N_Q/s1600/Cider+Bar+LTO.png

Gran-Gran on a chair drinking some spiced tea

Black Friday

I'm really REALLY hoping to see the Jazz Band back! Players have also given a lot of great suggestions on the Favorite Items thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93788-What-are-your-favorite-Restaurant-Story-items). With how strong the other sales have been this year, I'm looking forward to a great sale :)
http://40.media.tumblr.com/896195aabb7bca27b3e90b0fe2f6b185/tumblr_nu1bkkkvff1tee8xio1_1280.png

Winter

Phoebe, Chef Lee, and Gran-Gran bundled up in outerwear
Clusters of snow-covered pine trees
A couple snuggled on a couch sharing a scarf and drinking hot cocoa
Fogged-up windows with little drifts of snow on the edges
Theme idea: the restaurant is closed and the staff is snowed in. Lee, Gran-Gran, and Phoebe make the most of it by enjoying their time in the restaurant making warm recipes
Solitary characters wearing outerwear (coats, scarves, sweaters, sweater-dresses with leggings, boots, etc.) that we can place around our restaurant
Outdoor heater floor decorations
Snowflake wall decals
Bare-branched trees with snow on the branches
Soups! By far some of the easiest recipes to associate with winter, and the great part about it is RS could use a whole lot more. Examples: Corn Chowder, Kale Bean Soup, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Carrot Ginger Soup, Lobster Bisque, French Onion Soup, Butternut Squash Soup, Potato Leek Soup, etc.

○ If we get some of these, it would be great to see them in some creative crockery rather than the standard blue bowls. I'd personally love to see double-handled or one-handled soup crocks :)
https://cdn-img-1.wanelo.com/p/d2d/bdc/38a/c64bf9904dbc9ccdc5ca630/x354-q80.jpg
https://d3ld6frh4bdurh.cloudfront.net/products/158/158-744053br.jpg

Maybe another seasonal sale featuring the return of winter boxes and other discontinued wintry items
People going ice fishing
A not-so-warmly dressed customer shivering in the cold (maybe he can warm up next to the outdoor heater ;) )
Coat racks packed with scarves, coats, mittens, and boots

Christmas

Gran-Gran wearing a festive gown, or maybe on a rocking chair knitting a Christmas sweater
Lee wearing an ugly Christmas sweater
Phoebe in a festive dress (like in this promotional picture for RS from a while ago):
https://lh5.ggpht.com/Dr4uYURSRis1H7LM6NxhfjWakK5v9RiI9GKyXcCp_mi4C62_5f i-AoFV9Z12AE4kWH0=h900

And the snowy trees from the above picture too! ;)
Kids decorating a Christmas tree
Kids sitting down on the floor opening their presents
A gift exchange
A grand fireplace (3x3 maybe?) with a decorated mantle in front of a rug and small table of cookies, with Santa peeking his head in from the chimney, or a "Stuck Santa" where only his legs and lower half are showing ;)
Returning Christmas recipes:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mWW2g41EcWA/Ui8adgel33I/AAAAAAAAA7g/KPXKkQMEvj8/s1600/Christmas+Recipes.png
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-H5YzSmKHx5c/UrIl2DQmSEI/AAAAAAAABbQ/AG7h9TVONiU/s1600/New+Oven+Recipes.png http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-L3NCvqH4ojA/Ur16NKf01-I/AAAAAAAABes/KkOP_LBbS5Q/s1600/Glass+of+Cheer.png http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PyoZjEwyP1Y/Up-dmibjzdI/AAAAAAAABVs/8Yx7mCk4OJw/s1600/New+Oven+Recipes.png

Christmassy LTOs like the North Pole station and Grandma's Kitchen:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-itygy6gD1y8/VJRbm4Bn_BI/AAAAAAAAat8/6I3dP4GQ5to/s1600/IMG_0573.PNG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5bjV1BHTfmk/UrH6Rt_YwWI/AAAAAAAABa8/eEYAKV9ShaM/s1600/Grandma's+Kitchen.png

New Year's Eve

Gran-Gran, Phoebe, and Chef Lee dressed to the nines and ready to party and welcome the New Year!
Lots of different silver/gold/sparkly tables, chairs, counters, wall streamers, and decorations
A sparkly new host table with balloons tacked onto it (this could very easily be a recolor of the Valentine's host table that used to be on the market)
A ball drop floor decoration (preferably without a year so it can be used for multiple years)
A sparkling cider fountain floor decoration, and an appliance with different sparkling cider recipes (examples: grape, apple, peach, pomegranate)
Tables and chairs that look like clocks
A wall clock showing midnight
A 2x1 wall decoration TV screen (or maybe a 2x1 floor decoration TV screen) screening a New Year's Eve celebration
A New Year's Bash concert venue with a performer surrounded by glitter and confetti, like performers at Times Square
Solitary well-dressed party guests to place around the restaurant
A couple sharing a New Year's kiss
The New Year Party LTO:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6uMR4At7eaU/UsVCywccZWI/AAAAAAAABfM/KT6_T0FRav4/s1600/New+Year+Party+LTO.png
A fun wall decoration like this:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/474x/41/85/4a/41854a44bb5aeb1a95ddf687d36f29a6.jpg

biscuitsndavey
11-02-16, 06:07 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAY I have an option to purchase The Christmas snow globe the Clydesdales and the dog sled ???
(koi pond someday in the future I've tried SO many times to win it from the crate)

twospoons
11-03-16, 12:51 PM
i would like it if for black friday the option to open more appliance slots would go on sale. it's so hard in RS to keep food on the counters, but 49 gems is just way too much for that.

AliSweet876
11-04-16, 10:01 AM

2.tree of lights

3.holiday lights tables and chairs

4.reindeer display (winter crate, 3rd prize)

5.letters to santa (holiday gift box, 4th prize)

AliSweet876
11-04-16, 11:17 AM
6.carolers (2012 goal item)

7.holiday lights wall decoration (2013 goal item)
8.log cabin wallpaper (2013 goal item)

9.crystal penguins (crystal box, 3rd prize)

10.light dancer (holiday crate, 3rd prize)

11.wood burning stove (winter wonderland box, 4th prize)

twospoons
11-04-16, 02:48 PM
because alisweet numbered her wish list, i now totally want a 12 days of christmas sale with a new item every day! (plus a bunch of other items as well, cause only 12 things on sale would be sad). but it's better in the days leading up to christmas, not the actual 12 days.

i under-bought the christmas carpet tiles when that goal came out, so i hope to have another shot at those. i'd like to build up my 'elegant' christmas area this year, so anything that fits with that.

joeybasenji
11-06-16, 04:20 AM
Can we please have the return of the old xmas recipies as shown above.
Gingerbread items and return of the old xmas goals 2012 ?

Holiday box thank you

ArchangelRaphael1
11-06-16, 08:52 PM
I would like around the world Christmas Dinner food recipes on regular appliances (oven, stove, grill). It's been so long since we've had new recipes in those, and it'd be nice to do world theme.

I'd really like to see new recipes such as eggnog, ham, turkey, Fruitcake and more in the original ovens stoves and grills! As well as the drink machine. Maybe the cocoa maker could have more flavored cocoas added to it. And a cider press for fall theme or thanksgiving 💝

ArchangelRaphael1
11-06-16, 09:01 PM
I agree with you! Re-release past appliances, recipes and decor..!

flourpowers
11-07-16, 04:04 AM
Hey guys! I'm new to the forums (so hopefully I'm posting this correctly) but have been playing for almost a year now.

I've been loving all the landscaping made available from the recent rereleases and would love to see that continue for the winter...snow-capped evergreens and icicle-covered branches would be awesome! Would also love to see some poinsettias and some festive vases. For wall decor, I'd like to suggest classics like festive strings of lights, garland, a mistletoe-topped door, and a group of stockings. And if we're talking about rereleases, oh please bring back the cute little reindeer! I spied those guys in someone's place just the other day and fell in love! I also agree with what a lot of people have suggested with dressing up the characters...outerwear, festive attire, holding gifts and/or traditional holiday treats.

edwinarca87
11-07-16, 09:57 PM
Do anyone of you know what year is the 12 days of Christmas goal i hope they bring it back to us as an old goal

edwinarca87
11-07-16, 09:59 PM
Same sentiments

Natasha_07
11-08-16, 06:35 AM
A chance at all the Christmas and winter items from 2012. :)

Please put the gingerbread items outside of the box, would like to own the express and Santa's workshop from the holiday gift box.

Candystwingirls
11-08-16, 10:28 AM
somesort of cabin with fireplace, all xmasy with reindeer poking head through window, cats playing with yarn or rolled up in front of fireplace, dog on mat, people/kids baking or decorating gingerbread house. or xmas disaster, cat on falling xmas tree, mat in front of fireplace catching fire and people making an "oh no" face hehehe......just not cutesy stuff!!

Oh I like these ideas!!

pixiegamer
11-08-16, 12:46 PM
Hey guys! I'm new to the forums (so hopefully I'm posting this correctly) but have been playing for almost a year now.

I've been loving all the landscaping made available from the recent rereleases and would love to see that continue for the winter...snow-capped evergreens and icicle-covered branches would be awesome! Would also love to see some poinsettias and some festive vases. For wall decor, I'd like to suggest classics like festive strings of lights, garland, a mistletoe-topped door, and a group of stockings. And if we're talking about rereleases, oh please bring back the cute little reindeer! I spied those guys in someone's place just the other day and fell in love! I also agree with what a lot of people have suggested with dressing up the characters...outerwear, festive attire, holding gifts and/or traditional holiday treats.

Seconding this! I'd love some more landscaping :)

pixiegamer
11-08-16, 12:47 PM
because alisweet numbered her wish list, i now totally want a 12 days of christmas sale with a new item every day! (plus a bunch of other items as well, cause only 12 things on sale would be sad). but it's better in the days leading up to christmas, not the actual 12 days.

i under-bought the christmas carpet tiles when that goal came out, so i hope to have another shot at those. i'd like to build up my 'elegant' christmas area this year, so anything that fits with that.

Agreeing with this too :) I'd love to see those tiles back, and a 12 Days of Christmas 1-gift-per-day kind of deal would be sweet!

IsisGarden
11-10-16, 12:27 PM
Can we have Christmas trees (multiples of all sizes 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, for both coins and gems)?
Can we have Christmas lights in a variety of colors to hang on the walls in strands so they hook together (for coins)?

LadyEna
11-14-16, 05:40 PM
As I was completing my Thanksgiving Parade,
I thought it would be good to get dear ol' Santa Claus
out for a finale. Alas I don't have a Santa.
The only one I have is Chef Santa.

Sooo on that note how about a Santa Claus that's at least 2 X 2?
Or him actually being in the sleigh full of toys.
One here and one in BS as well please.

CacauBean
11-15-16, 03:37 AM
Winter Cabin, snow-capped trees, frozen lake and ice skaters

Anikamarie23
11-17-16, 11:34 PM
Please, please bring back Christmas oven/stove and Holiday drink machine from 2012.

LadyEna
11-20-16, 11:24 AM
Bah Humbug!
Why not a version of Charles D.ickens "A Christmas Carol".
(In awe of the ridiculous word editor, couldn't write a famous author's name)

An Ebenezer Scrooge character, Tiny Tim, Bob Crachett, Jacob Marley, etc!
The three ghosts /spirits: Past, Present, Future.
Wreath lamp posts
Roasted Chestnut carts
Scrooge's front door (don't forget the door knocker!)
Scrooge and Marley Sign in front of shop front with a snowy street as main prize.

Lilliepaddd
11-21-16, 02:04 PM
Snowy trees! And would love to be able to purchase the Clydesdales!!! Thanks! 🎄☃❄️

joolie12
11-22-16, 11:51 AM
Thank you soo very much for asking for our inputs!!! The Halloween items were fantastic!!! Many cute Christmas items were available in 2012- my first year of play so you might want to review them or the master crates were very good in past years. Some specific items are:
1) Holiday Drink Machine
2) Candy Cane counters with a red/white peppermint candy design in top
3) Green Gift counter
4) Chimney counter
5) Cinnamon stick counter
6) Snowman counter
7) Chestnut roaster
8) I like the idea of international Christmas Around the World decor and foods- include flags of the nations we do not have(Sweden, Norway)ex: love the current Swedish oven - maybe add a Lucia Bride with crown of candles? Maybe add Christmas trees decorated for that nation? Some Scandinavian countries add garlands with their flags to their trees
Just ideas to think about. Also getting these items sooner is desirable. Many of us decorate our restaurants 1 month before the actual holiday- so getting cute Christmas items the week of Dec 20 is nice, but we would prefer getting them the first week of December or sooner so we can enjoy them longer. Thank you for listening!!joolie12

Halilady
11-22-16, 01:43 PM
I'd like to see outside snowy terrain tiles, bring back the ice skating tiles, better snowy wallpaper, windows with outside snow covered Christmas trees showing through, fireplaces, comfy sofas, new festive tables and chairs, and 8 course some of the old appliances with festive recipes food and drink!!

Halilady
11-22-16, 01:47 PM
I'd like to see outside snowy terrain tiles, bring back the ice skating tiles, better snowy wallpaper, windows with outside snow covered Christmas trees showing through, fireplaces, comfy sofas, new festive tables and chairs, and 8 course some of the old appliances with festive recipes food and drink!! Also it would be great to have the neighbor around decked out in festive style like the halloween one of a couple years ago, customers can be dressed up too for the duration of the holiday season!

ONeal28
11-22-16, 02:13 PM
New recipes on appliances and new oven. Black Forrest cake, Chinese food, steak tacos, lasagna, chicken and dressing, gingerbread cookies or gingerbread chairs, snowy windows, a big Christmas tree. Some cute curtains and candy canes

vladfindme
11-22-16, 05:27 PM
Gingerbread items! Am really crossing all my fingers and toes for a rerelease of the gingerbread items. Could be in a box but preferably items sold separately :)

Alternatively would love gingerbread-type houses similar to these:

Would also love a beautiful big Christmas tree, maybe 2x2 or 3x3?

Absolutely love the idea Twospoons mentioned with the 12 days of Christmas item release. Would also love to actually have these Christmas items ie.
- 12 drummers drumming. Could be two rows of six little drummer boys.
- 11 pipers piping, 10 lords a peaping, 9 ladies dancing and 8 maids a milking could all be included in one large Christmas nativity scene/play (hope I'm making sense :)!)
- 7 swans swimming could be some beautiful swans in a nice pond/ice pond
- 6 geese a-laying (maybe some golden eggs)
- 5 gold rings (lots of creative possibilities with this)
- 4 calling birds
- 3 French hens
- 2 turtle doves (could be wall decorations)
- partridge in a pear tree (similar to the one in BS but more Christmassy)

Would love large nutcrackers in red or one in red one in green. Also instead of having roast turkey to cook on an oven there could be a table with a large roast turkey on top in the floor decoration tab.

For food: honey leg ham, crispy roast potatoes, roast beef, chocolate cherry trifle, bauble truffles.

Looking forward to seeing what Christmas updates RS will have!

Rynetory2
11-23-16, 09:39 PM
Gentle Reminder

The last date for submitting your suggestions is 30 November. Remember to post before that to avoid missing out. :)

vladfindme
11-24-16, 02:40 AM
Forgot to add that I would love to see the Turducken oven rereleased!!!!!

wagygirl
11-24-16, 08:03 PM
I love my Autumn Fireplace. A Winter Fireplace the same size would be absolutely awesome!
A selection of Christmas trees, yes, Christmas Trees for coins. Calling them holiday trees is silly, uh what holiday... Christmas.
How about some Christian Christmas items and decor??
I am more into decorations than huge scenes that take up a lot of room.

Sick of soooo many great items costing a large number of gems. I play on a tablet, and don't have the option of getting free gems for watching videos. Although, I don't know why not. Tablets play videos too...

pixiegamer
11-25-16, 10:54 AM
Since we usually get a winter theme in January after Christmas in December, why not go for a wintry outdoor setting? I found a few pictures of couches around a fire pit in winter - would be cool (no pun intended) to see in our restaurants :)

http://blog.laurelandwolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/1c63106558e7a5a3120c81610c38deb8.jpg

http://mycosyretreat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Get_your_outdoor_space_ready_for_winter_via_My_Cos y_Retreat_2.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/af/45/b4/af45b44196c72e8495f33d78219547d3.jpg

http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/26484/file-13582024-jpg/images/fire_pit_witer-resized-600.jpg

Or, in a completely different but still-winter-related direction: a Japanese update, with customers sitting at a Kotatsu enjoying a Hot Pot :)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5e/19/c4/5e19c479ad073d534d44844e4b194fbc.jpg

MamaFoodie
11-27-16, 06:15 PM
Cookies! Christmas tree cookies, Santa Cookies, Chocolate Chip Gingerbread shaped cookies, Fruitcake Cookies, Polar Bear Cookies, Snowman Cookies. Standing Rib Roast! Standing Rib Roast, Standing Rib Roast. Garlic bread.

Someone ice fishing. A waiter with a Santa hat on. A single polar bear swimming in water. Black penguins.

Deaf4eternity
11-28-16, 02:57 PM
I like all winter stuff but the one thing I REALLY want is the wall of the log cabin. I adore the way they look! Please bring it back.

planetpeace12
11-30-16, 06:35 PM
Thank you as always for starting this thread Kooky :) Everyone has such great ideas; I hope they make it into the game :)

As usual, my post is a bit long... :p But here we go!

General

Less sparkles on the decor!
Please serve the food in actual serving dishes, rather than cookie sheets or cooking pots. Even the classic blue plates are a huge step up from the recent trend of serving-in-cookware/bakeware that we've been seeing in the game.
More of Gran-Gran, Phoebe, and Chef Lee as solitary 1x1 floor decorations please :) I gave suggestions in most categories below
More seasonal solitary characters in general :)
More people with varied skin tones please!

November/Thanksgiving

A re-release of the November 2013 goals, including for players who may have started but were not able to finish them OR the re-release of that goal content for gems. I loved that the Halloween 2013 goals were brought back for October (as did many other players! ♡), but older players weren't able to finish the goals or buy additional goal prizes.

The November 2013 goals are special for me because they're the first monthly goal set I was able to participate in in Restaurant Story. However, being new and very inexperienced at the time, I wasn't able to get more than two steps into the goals :( If the Restaurant Story team is making plans to re-release the goals, PLEASE allow players to complete the goals if they weren't able to. Or, please allow everyone to be able to buy the goal content for gems, as was done with the April 2014 Blossom Goals content a long time ago.

A sale on the Horn of Plenty box, or maybe a special sale wherein the box prizes are all available individually.

New Thanksgiving recipes like Stuffed Turkey Roulade, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Nut Loaf (the vegetarian version of meatloaf), Roasted Root Vegetables, Brussel Sprouts, Roasted Butternut Squash Chunks, Squash Soup, Macaroni Casserole, etc.

Falltime kitchen scenes or equipment. Examples: a kitchen island with pumpkins and candles arranged on top; a wall-mounted spice rack featuring cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; Gran-Gran pulling a freshly-baked pumpkin pie (or even her famous boysenberry pie!) out of the oven; a cream-colored/thin burnt orange tile ****** backsplash wallpaper; an open window with patterned orange curtains showing fall leaves outside

Still really hoping for a dirt tile :p It could work as a fall item

The return of the Cider Bar as an LTO:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dIweAIZuEm8/UkQ4FLu32zI/AAAAAAAABB0/vvYub6x7N_Q/s1600/Cider+Bar+LTO.png

Gran-Gran on a chair drinking some spiced tea

Black Friday

I'm really REALLY hoping to see the Jazz Band back! Players have also given a lot of great suggestions on the Favorite Items thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93788-What-are-your-favorite-Restaurant-Story-items). With how strong the other sales have been this year, I'm looking forward to a great sale :)
http://40.media.tumblr.com/896195aabb7bca27b3e90b0fe2f6b185/tumblr_nu1bkkkvff1tee8xio1_1280.png

Winter

Phoebe, Chef Lee, and Gran-Gran bundled up in outerwear
Clusters of snow-covered pine trees
A couple snuggled on a couch sharing a scarf and drinking hot cocoa
Fogged-up windows with little drifts of snow on the edges
Theme idea: the restaurant is closed and the staff is snowed in. Lee, Gran-Gran, and Phoebe make the most of it by enjoying their time in the restaurant making warm recipes
Solitary characters wearing outerwear (coats, scarves, sweaters, sweater-dresses with leggings, boots, etc.) that we can place around our restaurant
Outdoor heater floor decorations
Snowflake wall decals
Bare-branched trees with snow on the branches
Soups! By far some of the easiest recipes to associate with winter, and the great part about it is RS could use a whole lot more. Examples: Corn Chowder, Kale Bean Soup, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Carrot Ginger Soup, Lobster Bisque, French Onion Soup, Butternut Squash Soup, Potato Leek Soup, etc.

○ If we get some of these, it would be great to see them in some creative crockery rather than the standard blue bowls. I'd personally love to see double-handled or one-handled soup crocks :)
https://cdn-img-1.wanelo.com/p/d2d/bdc/38a/c64bf9904dbc9ccdc5ca630/x354-q80.jpg
https://d3ld6frh4bdurh.cloudfront.net/products/158/158-744053br.jpg

Maybe another seasonal sale featuring the return of winter boxes and other discontinued wintry items
People going ice fishing
A not-so-warmly dressed customer shivering in the cold (maybe he can warm up next to the outdoor heater ;) )
Coat racks packed with scarves, coats, mittens, and boots

Christmas

Gran-Gran wearing a festive gown, or maybe on a rocking chair knitting a Christmas sweater
Lee wearing an ugly Christmas sweater
Phoebe in a festive dress (like in this promotional picture for RS from a while ago):
https://lh5.ggpht.com/Dr4uYURSRis1H7LM6NxhfjWakK5v9RiI9GKyXcCp_mi4C62_5f i-AoFV9Z12AE4kWH0=h900

And the snowy trees from the above picture too! ;)
Kids decorating a Christmas tree
Kids sitting down on the floor opening their presents
A gift exchange
A grand fireplace (3x3 maybe?) with a decorated mantle in front of a rug and small table of cookies, with Santa peeking his head in from the chimney, or a "Stuck Santa" where only his legs and lower half are showing ;)
Returning Christmas recipes:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mWW2g41EcWA/Ui8adgel33I/AAAAAAAAA7g/KPXKkQMEvj8/s1600/Christmas+Recipes.png
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-H5YzSmKHx5c/UrIl2DQmSEI/AAAAAAAABbQ/AG7h9TVONiU/s1600/New+Oven+Recipes.png http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-L3NCvqH4ojA/Ur16NKf01-I/AAAAAAAABes/KkOP_LBbS5Q/s1600/Glass+of+Cheer.png http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PyoZjEwyP1Y/Up-dmibjzdI/AAAAAAAABVs/8Yx7mCk4OJw/s1600/New+Oven+Recipes.png

Christmassy LTOs like the North Pole station and Grandma's Kitchen:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-itygy6gD1y8/VJRbm4Bn_BI/AAAAAAAAat8/6I3dP4GQ5to/s1600/IMG_0573.PNG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5bjV1BHTfmk/UrH6Rt_YwWI/AAAAAAAABa8/eEYAKV9ShaM/s1600/Grandma's+Kitchen.png

New Year's Eve

Gran-Gran, Phoebe, and Chef Lee dressed to the nines and ready to party and welcome the New Year!
Lots of different silver/gold/sparkly tables, chairs, counters, wall streamers, and decorations
A sparkly new host table with balloons tacked onto it (this could very easily be a recolor of the Valentine's host table that used to be on the market)
A ball drop floor decoration (preferably without a year so it can be used for multiple years)
A sparkling cider fountain floor decoration, and an appliance with different sparkling cider recipes (examples: grape, apple, peach, pomegranate)
Tables and chairs that look like clocks
A wall clock showing midnight
A 2x1 wall decoration TV screen (or maybe a 2x1 floor decoration TV screen) screening a New Year's Eve celebration
A New Year's Bash concert venue with a performer surrounded by glitter and confetti, like performers at Times Square
Solitary well-dressed party guests to place around the restaurant
A couple sharing a New Year's kiss
The New Year Party LTO:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6uMR4At7eaU/UsVCywccZWI/AAAAAAAABfM/KT6_T0FRav4/s1600/New+Year+Party+LTO.png
A fun wall decoration like this:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/474x/41/85/4a/41854a44bb5aeb1a95ddf687d36f29a6.jpg

OMG Yessss!!! I would love to have the tree cupcakes, light cookies, and peppermint roll back! Those used to be some of my favorite Christmas recipes.

kooky panda
12-01-16, 10:40 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I have passed these over to the team. :)