PDA

View Full Version : Known Arena Ads Not Reducing Cool Down Time

FireballFarm
10-08-16, 04:06 AM
This has been happening for several days now- the full video plays, but it doesn't change the arena cool down time. It happens with every ad in the daily allotment.

The same thing has happened a couple times in the past, and each time the problem persisted for a few days before suddenly resolving itself. I am thinking it may be connected to the Leaderboard Events? This time the videos stopped working on day 2 or 3 of the Crescent LB. I'm on an iPad 3.

Edit: As soon as the Leaderboard Results icon disappeared from the right side of the screen, the video feature started working correctly again and reduced/removed the arena cool down time.

Since this is has been an ongoing, intermittent problem in my game, I will watch closely and report here when and if it happens again- which I am guessing will be during the next leaderboard event.

Players on another DS forum have reporting having this same issue.

caketester88
10-09-16, 01:47 PM
This has been happening to me for several days, I actually just came to the forum to report it as with the tournament I'm losing out on much needed battles :( tried restarting my device and the problem persists.

kooky panda
10-10-16, 09:08 AM
I just used this feature with no issues. If you are still experiencing this please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

FireballFarm
10-22-16, 10:07 AM
Sure enough- the ads stopped working today. It's definitely related to the leaderboard events.
Just contacted support.

zaccy678
10-27-16, 03:05 PM
Sure enough- the ads stopped working today. It's definitely related to the leaderboard events.
Just contacted support.

This just happened to me.

I watched the ad to completion, closed the window, but the timer still showed an hour till next battle :(

Just to make sure, I tried again, and again I didn't get any reduction in time.

I hope you can rectify this asap as there is a tourney on now!

FireballFarm
10-28-16, 04:44 AM
This just happened to me.

I watched the ad to completion, closed the window, but the timer still showed an hour till next battle :(

Just to make sure, I tried again, and again I didn't get any reduction in time.

I hope you can rectify this asap as there is a tourney on now!

My issue seems to have been fixed (this time) when the missing goals bug was fixed- which is kinda odd, but I'll take it. Both resolved on the same day. That may be just a coincidence, I don't know.

Just heard back from support today and they asked me to take a video of what happens- but I can't now that my ads are working properly again. Maybe if you take a video and send it to support along with a bug report it will help them figure it out?

It really is a bummer to have this problem during a tournament.

FireballFarm
12-26-16, 10:05 PM
This is happening again. :( It hasn't worked today or yesterday- and again, it's during a Leaderboard event.

I do not have an app that takes video of another app (nor do I want to download one) so I cannot submit a video. What happens is pretty straight forward, though:

1. Tap the button at the bottom of the screen to begin the ad for the arena
2. The 'Processing' screen pops up for a few seconds...
3. The ad plays
4. After the full ad is finished playing, I tap the on X to close the ad screen and complete the process
5. The 'Processing' screen pops up again for a few seconds...
6. Then...nothing. It just shows my game, as usual, with the cool down timer still running above the arena. It's like I never watched an ad, at all. The only time missing from the cool down timer is however much ran down while I was watching the ad. :/

Rynetory2
12-27-16, 06:42 AM
Hi FireballFarm, Sorry to hear that you're still having issues. Have you written to Support as Kooky suggested? If not, can you please do for the Agent to do more personal investigation.

Support: support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new)

FireballFarm
03-31-17, 08:33 PM
Hi FireballFarm, Sorry to hear that you're still having issues. Have you written to Support as Kooky suggested? If not, can you please do for the Agent to do more personal investigation.

Support: support form (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new)

I have contacted support and they asked me to send a video (as explained in the above posts). Then, I got another email a couple weeks later saying I wasn't using the most recent DS version... but I was, so I have no idea what to make of that (especially since it was sent out weeks after someone had already responded). I gave up even trying to get this fixed, but now I see others are reporting having the same problem.

I still have the issue intermittently - always during Leaderboard events, and now it's happening more frequently, as well. It's usually during events. The problem occurred for 3 days during the recent Tales and the Glider tournament. I'd estimate that about 5 days out of every 14 the ads don't reduce the cool down time. The ads play fine, they just don't do anything.

Forgot to add: The free spins for watching ads on Spin to Win have been working fine. I've not had any problems with those (so far...), just the arena.

Rynetory2
04-01-17, 07:50 AM
FireballFarm - Please let the Agent know that you're using the latest version, the details you have posted and that you're still having issues. Continue working with the Agent on your issues if you want. I'm afraid the forum can't do individual investigations. Thank you for your updates. :)

blobbas
04-19-17, 12:12 PM
I noticed that when I finish a battle and get the option to "Finish now" by watching a video, it doesn't actually reset the timer anymore. I noticed this about a week ago. I still get the option to do it but when the video finishes, I get the "Processing..." popup but the timer is still 1 hour. Is this happening for anyone else?

kooky panda
04-19-17, 12:58 PM
I noticed that when I finish a battle and get the option to "Finish now" by watching a video, it doesn't actually reset the timer anymore. I noticed this about a week ago. I still get the option to do it but when the video finishes, I get the "Processing..." popup but the timer is still 1 hour. Is this happening for anyone else?
Merging with current bug thread.

kooky panda
04-19-17, 12:59 PM

Please Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.com (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us) for assistance.

cycleames
05-04-17, 08:51 PM
It'll let me watch an entire ad and not actually speed up the battle arena! I need it to finish the tales before time runs out. I've used every last bar of gold just to get here- I need those ads to work!!!!

kooky panda
05-05-17, 08:03 AM
It'll let me watch an entire ad and not actually speed up the battle arena! I need it to finish the tales before time runs out. I've used every last bar of gold just to get here- I need those ads to work!!!!

(merging with current thread)

Please try force closing and restarting your game. If you still experience this issue, please

Please Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.com (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us) for assistance.

starship412
05-05-17, 07:21 PM
I have the latest version of DS and the ads aren't even showing up at all now. Before that, the ads wouldn't speed up battle arena time. I filled out the form and was contacted with the same response but it's going on 3 months with this problem and nothing's been done to fix it. I'm not upset or anything, just perplexed that the videos work for some people but not for others. Kooky Panda, Elsa or Rynetory2, could one of you look into this for me? I would greatly appreciate it and thanks in advance.

kooky panda
05-06-17, 01:59 PM
I have the latest version of DS and the ads aren't even showing up at all now. Before that, the ads wouldn't speed up battle arena time. I filled out the form and was contacted with the same response but it's going on 3 months with this problem and nothing's been done to fix it. I'm not upset or anything, just perplexed that the videos work for some people but not for others. Kooky Panda, Elsa or Rynetory2, could one of you look into this for me? I would greatly appreciate it and thanks in advance.

The video feature is subject to change. Rewards may change, you may lose the feature, or it may be added to your game.

starship412
05-06-17, 09:02 PM
The video feature is subject to change. Rewards may change, you may lose the feature, or it may be added to your game.

Thanks for letting me know and giving me a straight answer on this Kooky. I definitely appreciate it.

kooky panda
05-07-17, 09:40 AM
Thanks for letting me know and giving me a straight answer on this Kooky. I definitely appreciate it.
Fingers crossed that you will get this feature again!

FieldsLikeB
05-10-17, 08:50 AM
On the new video thing I push the video thing watch the video it plays goes to placate I close it and it goes to finish. Finish button plays another video. Watch video and close and the video button poofs and my battle is still an hour away. How in heck am I supposed to work this feature. I really need to skip some battle waits here since the Storm 8 team thinks I don't have a life.

kooky panda
05-10-17, 09:44 AM
On the new video thing I push the video thing watch the video it plays goes to placate I close it and it goes to finish. Finish button plays another video. Watch video and close and the video button poofs and my battle is still an hour away. How in heck am I supposed to work this feature. I really need to skip some battle waits here since the Storm 8 team thinks I don't have a life.

Please try force closing and restarting your game. If you still experience this issue, please

GrandFatherDragon
05-22-17, 02:23 PM

I have had this same problem for a while now.

GrandFatherDragon
05-22-17, 02:32 PM
This isn't an individual issue. It is an on going issue affecting all or most players. Is this another way to force players to buy gold in order to compete?

[S8] Elsa
05-22-17, 02:33 PM
This is a known issue. Sorry! We currently don't have an update for this.

mattjd169
06-15-17, 12:34 PM
I wasn't using the most recent DS version... .

I spotted your thread and realized I was not alone. I too had many "ads" not clear the heal timers.
Now I'll watch and try and submit a support ticket.

Any way about the response you received. I have to say that is pretty rich.
In the past I've commented on why the game dumps new copies of the game during an upgrade and does not clean/remove the old install. Before I even realized what was going on with my old phone I had 4 or 5 versions installed. When an UPDATE occurs it should overwrite or remove the old version.
Imagine if all apps did the same thing.

Thanks for posting.

yevonzaroff
08-03-17, 11:12 PM
Appologies if this has been brought up previously but the option to watch an ad for the battle arena dosent appear to be working. It will play the video but wont reset the timer for the arena. Im on Android if it matters. It only appears to be the arena, every other thing that involves watching an ad seems to be working

[S8] Elsa
08-04-17, 10:10 AM
I apologize for the inconvenience! This is a known issue. We've logged the bug with our development team.

FireballFarm
09-25-17, 07:49 PM
Is this bug ever going to be fixed? It's been almost one year since I started this thread and the problem has only gotten worse. More often than not the ads do NOT change the arena cool down time.

But, you all are still getting paid by the ad company for every single ad we watch, even if it doesn't pay out the promised reward, right?
So, why should you care, amirite??

MattFknRocks
10-28-17, 01:04 AM
I have been having this issue for a very long time now,too. I battle in the arena, then the 1 hour cool down timer starts, I watch an entire ad so that I can battle again immediately but when the ad finishes I still can't battle, the cool down timer still shows the same time running. So I've been watching these ads for nothing. Please fix this issue or tell me what I need to do to fix it myself. Thank you

starship412
10-31-17, 10:08 AM
This is a problem they're not going to bother to deal with. They know it's a bug going on with this but they still collect the money from the advertisers, go figure.

chezkaye13
11-11-17, 10:06 AM
Come on TeamLava, for as long as this issue has been going on you would think you geniuses would have it repaired by now! Happening again! Just watched two videos and got zilch, zero, nada! The last time it happened to me, it took away my chances of winning a tournament!!! It is bad enough that this game and other team lava games have turned into nothing but money grabs! Just shows how much your players really mean to you! Been around for 4 1/2 years so it?s not like I don?t know what I?m talking about!

kooky panda
11-14-17, 09:44 AM
I do understand your frustration. This is only happening on some games. The team is still investigating to try to find a fix.

sunnygirl210
02-06-18, 03:05 PM
I do understand your frustration. This is only happening on some games. The team is still investigating to try to find a fix.

Is this ever going to be fixed? We are completely disadvantaged in the tournaments because we lose two extra turns a day that are available by watching the videos. This has been several months and each tournament I get more disappointed that nothing is done to help us.

candyfirion
03-11-18, 02:53 AM
I have the same issue it?s so frustrating only started today for me too, on iPad and iPhone chnanging devices doesn?t fix

diamondwizard
04-06-18, 06:33 PM
Same here. Watched an ad first time to reduce the timer, but it did not work. Then I clicked the "Finish" button and watched an ad again, and nothing. Did it third time and again, nothing. I feel as if the game *****ed on me. Could you please fix the issue. It really hurts, it is a disadvantage for me during events/tourneys etc.

skyharbor602
05-27-18, 11:15 AM
This is still an issue after almost a year of having this feature. Either folks are really stumped or the fix is not trying to be had. It seems to be the latter. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fyym
06-05-18, 10:31 AM
Same issue yesterday,. I'd summit a ticket, but for what? Just to battle the unbeatable neo glasswing? Don't worry though, storm8 is looking into it and how to fix. Just like every problem that hasn't been solved yet.

rissah
07-10-18, 01:49 PM
I don't even get the option anymore. I used to get it all the time and now I haven't seen it in weeks. I won't be able to finish the tournament now without spending gold since I don't have this speed up option. Coincidence I'm sure.

Ellerslie6
07-19-18, 01:45 PM
Fingers crossed that you will get this feature again!

It makes for a very unlevel playing field when only some players receive the huge advantage of videos which enable skipping the 60minute waiting time. I have had access to them only twice since they started. I really want the Aquarknight Dragon so I sure hope the videos will appear after I follow advice and force game closure. One day spent defeating Strength means I?m way behind and I have to work today. Feeling very unloved LOL

Ellerslie6
07-19-18, 04:18 PM

Hey Kookie
Can they also investigate why some of us rarely get the video option? I have received them only twice since they started. I have forced closure etc etc but still no videos. I really really want Aquarknight but am running out of time as my champion fighters keep failing.

Thanks

kooky panda
07-20-18, 12:51 PM
Hey Kookie
Can they also investigate why some of us rarely get the video option? I have received them only twice since they started. I have forced closure etc etc but still no videos. I really really want Aquarknight but am running out of time as my champion fighters keep failing.

Thanks
This promotional feature goes out randomly. It is subject to change so you may get it, lose it, and then get it again later.

rissah
10-17-18, 05:30 PM
They need to stop with "the real cost" ads. The video you're supposed to watch never loads. Waste of time.

bozotc19
12-22-18, 02:41 PM
Please fix. Social videos not found and cant cancel without losing entry.

AmaDrac
01-10-19, 02:39 PM
I watched a video so I could battle again and decided to GET the game they advertised. I then had to wait the 60 minutes before I could battle again. Beware, don't GET the game advertised or you will lose your hour.

AraRaider
04-08-19, 09:00 PM
This has also been happening to me too. I watched videos to be able to fight in the battle dome right away and the video did NOT allow me to start fighting right away.

sophiesonsters
05-19-19, 02:42 AM
There seems to be an issue with the ?slotmania? video when watching to speed up the battle arena, it?s not speeding the timer up at all and has been doing this for days if anyone can please help alert storm8 to address this issue that would be fantastic thanks

sophiesonsters
05-21-19, 01:21 AM
Battle arena ‘slotmania’ video has now been replaced with ‘cafe’ video that is also not speeding up battle arena timing and this all is having an effect on this battle tournament :(

mymonta
05-21-19, 12:21 PM
There is one video that just won't play for me at all - I'm not sure if it's the cafe' one or not. It gets stuck every single time. I can only get through about 4 seconds out of 30, so I just keep refreshing until it gives me something that plays.

kooky panda
05-22-19, 10:18 AM
There seems to be an issue with the ?slotmania? video when watching to speed up the battle arena, it?s not speeding the timer up at all and has been doing this for days if anyone can please help alert storm8 to address this issue that would be fantastic thanks
This is a known issue for some players. I have merged this thread with the current bug thread.

AraRaider
06-30-19, 04:54 AM
This has been happening to me off and on for weeks now. 3 times in a row now the battle areana cooo down time has NOT been reduced and I restarted and I am using the latest IOS Ans using the latest version of the game on when will this be fixed???Abrams new iPhone 8!

AraRaider
06-30-19, 05:03 AM
Okay WHAT the...make this 5 times now it not reducing cool down time!!!! What a waste of my 5 times to watch ads in the battle arena tournament to faster cool down. Now I am sad :(

rembetiko
09-12-19, 04:39 PM
This problem is still not resolved 3 years later. Why do we get the offer to watch a video to finish the cooling down time if it does not do so anyway?

bravewarrior
01-26-20, 10:19 AM
Thought you'd want to know that the arena ads to speed up won't load since Saturday 1/25. I think the is an ad that has a bug in it because I hit the button from either in my realm or after a battle and it "burbs", which is less frustrating than crashing. It usually clears up in a few days so that is why I think it's an ad that hanging up your system.
I have a Sony Xperia and I am using your app through the Google Play store.
Again, thought you'd want to know. I work in advertising and I know how upset a client gets when their commercials don't run. I've had to schedule my share of makegoods.

[S8] Vanellope
01-27-20, 11:33 AM
Thought you'd want to know that the arena ads to speed up won't load since Saturday 1/25. I think the is an ad that has a bug in it because I hit the button from either in my realm or after a battle and it "burbs", which is less frustrating than crashing. It usually clears up in a few days so that is why I think it's an ad that hanging up your system.
I have a Sony Xperia and I am using your app through the Google Play store.
Again, thought you'd want to know. I work in advertising and I know how upset a client gets when their commercials don't run. I've had to schedule my share of makegoods.

I just used this feature three times with no issues. If you are still experiencing this please submit a ticket to Support at Storm8 :)

Link is in my signature

raybrandx
02-05-20, 05:48 PM
I have the same issue, uncorrected for a long time now. Its not right but in 2010 I was BEING shorted all my free gems across storm 8 "story" games . Bakery and fashion both jerked me of like20 gems i don't recall , this was a PREVIOUS account, even. They finally gave Mr my shorted gems and removed the little square i had which shows the free gems offers ALTOGETHER . NOW I JUST DON'T BOTHER . HECK DRAGON NEVER REGISTERED A LARGE
GEM PURCHASE , RECENTLY . I ALMOST DELETED.