PDA

View Full Version : Mods, can we get an answer on how Leaderboard groups are put together?

chuckyt888
10-07-16, 12:39 PM
Are people grouped into leaderboards based on when the player logs in? My guess is that it probably doesn't quite work this way or partially works that way at best....but some players think that you are thrown into a group of players logging in at the same time so I thought I would ask. Is it completely random and predetermined?

I've contacted a lot of like-minded players about Leaderboards and there is a tremendous groundswell for wanting to be placed into leaderboards with other like-minded players/friends/neighbors... or attempt to at least.

[S8] Elsa
10-07-16, 03:51 PM
The group you're matched with is random, but based on a few factors like the platform you use, level, etc. So you may get matched with your friends or you may not.

Splashy81
10-07-16, 09:30 PM
I've noticed the following about Leaderboard challenges:
- if I do well on a Leaderboard, winning first/second place, for the next Leaderboard I will be placed with a much higher group than I would ever expect to win (i.e. top scores are between 8K - 15K)
- if I do poorly on a Leaderboard, placing in the bottom ranks, for the next Leaderboard I will be placed with a much lower group (i.e. top scores are between 3K - 7K)

I've personally won a couple of Leaderboard challenges and never scored more than about 6K or 7K.