PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 10/7 Update - The Spooky Trap (TIMED / OPTIONAL)

Pages : [1] 2

SpiritWind00
10-06-16, 03:30 AM
The Spooky Trap
Timed/Optional event
Level 10+, and is live from 10/07 until 11/01 @ 4pm
Time zone converter (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com): compare where you are with California

What happens when an event finishes?? Click here to take you to a post called How Community Events Work in the Hub. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1190378&viewfull=1#post1190378)

Pictures from ShibuyaCloth: click here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94674-Castle-Story-10-7-Update-The-Spooky-Trap-(TIMED-OPTIONAL)&p=1356442&viewfull=1#post1356442)

Note: defeating one of these monsters may result in one dropping as a gift. This means you don't need to craft one. They go straight to inventory if they drop. They also are functional and have drops. SW

Dialogue: Ruler: Ivy! Old Thomas! Come quick!!!
Ivy: Ruler? What's wrong?
Old Thomas: Has something happened, Young Ruler?
Ruler: Look, I... I know this sounds crazy, but... I saw a ghost! There, in that tower!
Ivy: Oh! You've seen them, too?
Ruler: ...Huh?
Ivy: That's not all, either! There are Werebeasts lurking around Dead Trees!
Old Thomas: Yes, yes! And Werewolves in the Cottages, and Mummies around the Jewelers!
Ruler: And you guys... Are *excited* about this...?
Old Thomas: This is a rare and exquisite opportunity to study these fantastical creatures!
Ivy: Yeah! Plus, if we collect enough samples, I can concoct tame versions we can keep!
Ruler: You guys are nuts, you know that?
Old Thomas/Ivy: Yes!!!
The best way to study these monsters and collect their samples is to hunt them down. Are you brave enough, Young Ruler?
1. Can We Keep Them?
Goal 1 Purchase a Spooky trap 0/1 BUY
Goal 2 Chop a spooky trap 0/1 CHOP
Goal 2 Slay a spooky monster 0/1 FIGHT
Reward: 10 gems, 3 xp, 1
Congratulations: Old Thomas: A job well done, Young Ruler! Here are some samples Ivy and I already collected. Good luck in your hunt!

The next 4 goals are all triggered together when Can We Keep Them? is finished.

Ivy: I think I saw a ghost drifting through the Watchtowers and Lantern Spires! Hurry, before it floats away!
2a. Who We Gonna Call?
Goal 1 Fight a Ghost (Search Watchtowers and Lantern Spires!) 0/1 HUNT
Goal 2 Tame a Wistful Ghost (Summon one with Spirit Essence!) 0/1 GET
Reward: 410 coins, 3 xp
Congratulations:

Old Thomas: Some Werewolves have taken up residence in our Cottages. You will need to defeat them to protect our citizens! ...Don't forget to study them, while you're at it?
2b. In The Company of Wolves
Goal 1 Fight a Werewolf (Protect the Cottages!) 0/1 HUNT
Goal 2 Tame a Friendly Werewolf (Summon one with Werewolf Pelts!) 0/1 GET
Congratulations:

Ivy: What's a Mummy want with jewelry? ...Maybe you can figure it out while you fight them?
2c. Be My Friend!
Goal 1 Fight a Mummy (Defend the Jewelers!) 0/1 HUNT
Goal 2 Tame a Lonely Mummy (Summon one with Mummy Wrappings!) 0/1 GET
Congratulations:

Ivy: According to my scrolls, Werebeasts often make their homes in the trunks of Dead Trees. That will be our best chance of finding one!
2d. Beast Intentions
Goal 1 Fight a Werebeast (They live in Dead Trees!) 0/1 HUNT
Goal 2 Tame a Wily Werebeast (Summon one with Cursed Fur!) 0/1 GET
Congratulations:

Spooky trap
Info: This is sure to draw a spooky monster out from hiding! Chop to lure a Ghost, Werewolf, or Mummy
Found: market, 10 gems
Uses: 1 chop to lure a monster

from Spooky Trap:
Ghost, 8 hits - drops 1 cursed fur, 1 werewolf pelt, 1 mummy wrappings, 1 spirit essence
Werewolf, 8 hits - drops 1 cursed fur, 1 werewolf pelt, 1 mummy wrapping, 1 spirit essence

Mummy Wrappings 0/150
Info: Gather lots of Mummy Wrappings to summon a Lonely Mummy pet!
Found: defeating a monster
Uses: craft a mummy pet

Cursed Fur 0/150
Info: Gather lots of Cursed Fur to summon a Wily Werebeast pet!
Uses: craft a werebeast pet

Werewolf Pelt 0/150
Info: Gather lots of Werewolf Pelt to summon a Friendly Werewolf pet!
Uses: craft a werewolf

Spirit Essence 0/150
Info: Gather lots of Spirit Essence to summon a Wistful Ghost pet!
Uses: craft a wistful ghost

Find in Market/Featured
The crafts are there to stay! Craft as many as you like!
Ivy's Cauldron limit of 1 Cannot be sold
CRAFTING BUILDING
Info: A crafting building for summoning spooky pets
Cost: 500 coins
Size: 2x2
Build: comes fully built
What can you craft?
Wistful Ghost - 10 minutes - 100 Spirit Essence (5 gems each)
Friendly Werewolf - 10 minutes - 100 Werewolf Pelts (5 gems each)
Lonely Mummy - 10 minutes - 100 Mummy Wrappings (5 gems each)
Wily Werebeast - 10 minutes - Cursed Fur (5 gems each)

I got a Pet Friendly werewolf drop when I slayed a werewolf, so happy...problem with uploading pictures..Back of the inventory card says "She gets real ferocious when people mess with her friends ".. she is totally adorable,and has a 5 hr timer

Wistful Ghost

Glimmerdust
Earth Wisp
Fey Crystal

Friendly Werewolf

Bone
Fur
Manticore Whisker

Lonely Mummy

Coal
Simple Glue
Living Wood

Wily Werebeast

Rat Tail
Prime Cut
Mysterious Venom

sourp4tch
10-07-16, 11:00 AM
There’s a spooky presence in the kingdom! Amid the citizens, monsters lurk behind every corner… Muster up thy bravery and strength, and defend the people from this terrifying threat! Eventually, perhaps they will leave well enough alone… or settle down and become amicable new friends!

[==Update requires Level 10+, and is live from 10/07 until 11/01 @ 4pm.==]

I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: TAME

sourp4tch
10-07-16, 11:48 AM
A quick note about this one, everyone!

This is very similar to the Fiery, Foxy Box (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93758-Castle-Story-8-25-Update-A-Fiery-Foxy-Box-redeem-gift!-*EXPIRED*) - there are some monsters creeping around your kingdoms, but they will be very difficult to find! Should you hunt them down, they will drop resources for you to craft into your very own pet versions of those monsters :) Unlike the Fiery, Foxy Box, it is possible to spawn these monsters without spending gems, however they are very rare and difficult to find!

Everyone from Level 10 and up has the chance to find these creepy crawlers for the full month of October! Best of luck to you all, and Happy Halloween!!! <3

netwiz3
10-07-16, 11:50 AM
Just went live at noon Pacific time.

Warning: Remove all parked monsters!

Will Keep a running list of monsters/drops here:

Mummy -
Where - Jewelers
Hits - 8 hits
Drops - Mummy Wrappings

Werewolf -
Where - Cottages
Hits - 8 hits
Drops - Cursed Fur, Werewolf Pelt, Mummy Wrappings

Werebeast -
Where - Pirates Tavern, Tavern, Dead Trees, Mines
Hits - 8 hits
Drops - Cursed Fur, Haunted Vine

Ghost - (Courtesy of bwunderbach)
Where - Watchtowers, Lantern Spires
Hits - 8 hits
Drops - cursed fur, werewolf pelt, mummy wrappings, spirit essence

Ivy's Cauldron - 500 Coins - A Crafting Building for summoning spooky pets!

Once you get to 100 of each part you can summon pet monsters:

Wistful Ghost - 100 Spirit Essence

Friendly Werewolf - 100 Werewolf Pelts

Lonely Mummy - 100 Mummy Wrappings

Wily Werebeast - 100 Cursed Fur

moonchild1987
10-07-16, 11:58 AM
Are these live... I don't have anything going on in my kingdom. (Yes, I force closed and reopened ;) )

netwiz3
10-07-16, 12:01 PM
Are these live... I don't have anything going on in my kingdom. (Yes, I force closed and reopened ;) )

hexappeal
10-07-16, 12:04 PM
Awesome!
**Going to read fiery, foxy box now**

netwiz3
10-07-16, 12:09 PM
Warning: Remember to remove "parked" monsters when doing this event. :)

netwiz3
10-07-16, 12:10 PM
Werewolfs take 8 hits and drop Cursed Fur, Werewolf Pelt and Mummy Wrappings so far.

netwiz3
10-07-16, 12:15 PM
If you buy the Spooky Trap for 10 gems you will get the gems back after ****ing first monster!

paisdelasmaravillas
10-07-16, 12:16 PM
The event has be***
Halloween!!!
Firsts pics
Parts to build the castle
And...

peachtreeshoppe
10-07-16, 12:18 PM
Bought and Chopped a spooky trap... nothing spawned. **** it, realized as I type I still have a pirate troll on my board. Clear your boards, people

BufftonHeights
10-07-16, 12:22 PM
I actually felt bad slaying the cute little werewolf ... But I forced myself to do it. Lol.

paisdelasmaravillas
10-07-16, 12:22 PM
Ops!!! Sorry. I want to post very fast...

hexappeal
10-07-16, 12:23 PM
Oh em gee!
So FUN and spooky. Thanks S8!

bwunderbach
10-07-16, 12:26 PM
Can We Keep Them?!

Purchase a Spooky Trap (0/1)
Chop a Spooky Trap (0/1)
Slay a spooky monster! (0/1)
rewards: 10 gems, 3 xp, 1 crate of something

my crate of something had a spirit essence in it (based on what's in my inventory), but I'm not sure if there was anything else

bwunderbach
10-07-16, 12:29 PM

Will Keep a running list of monsters/drops here:

Werewolf - Where - Found near cottages?
Hits - 8 hits
Drops - Cursed Fur, Werewolf Pelt, Mummy Wrappings

Ghost (from Spooky Trap)
8 hits
dropped 1 cursed fur, 1 werewolf pelt, 1 mummy wrappings, 1 spirit essence

I'm not sure where it got the fur, pelt, and wrappings...

bwunderbach
10-07-16, 12:32 PM
Who We Gonna Call?

Fight a Ghost (Search Watchtowers and Lantern Spires!) [0/1]
Tame a Wistful Ghost (Summon one with Spirit Essence!) [0/1]

rewards: 410 coins, 3 xp

bwunderbach
10-07-16, 12:33 PM
Beast Intentions

Fight a Werebeast (They live in Dead Trees!) [0/1]
Tame a Wily Werebeast (Summon one with Cursed Fur!) [0/1]

bwunderbach
10-07-16, 12:34 PM
In The Company of Wolves

Fight a Werewolf (Protect the Cottages!) [0/1]
Tame a Friendly Werewolf (Summon one with Werewolf Pelts!) [0/1]

bwunderbach
10-07-16, 12:35 PM
Be My Friend!

Fight a Mummy (Defend the Jewelers!) [0/1]
Tame a Lonely Mummy (Summon one with Mummy Wrappings!) [0/1]

meme1098
10-07-16, 12:44 PM
Ugh!!!! I've already gotten 2 boars from collecting. S8, these should be turned off...lol.

One was from the mine where I got the glass for the other goal!

bwunderbach
10-07-16, 12:46 PM
Ugh!!!! I've already gotten 2 boars from collecting. S8, these should be turned off...lol.

Evidently, the survivors from the last Monster Hunt event have been busy...

Britilina
10-07-16, 12:53 PM
So my workshops are busy... Is that where we "summon" these monsters?

Britilina
10-07-16, 12:55 PM
So my workshops are busy... Is that where we "summon" these monsters?

Never mind! I found Ivy's cauldron in the Market. We need 100 of each thing to summon a tame {whatever the beast is}!

So 100 Mummy Wrapping to summon a mummy.

bwunderbach
10-07-16, 01:01 PM
Never mind! I found Ivy's cauldron in the Market. We need 100 of each thing to summon a tame {whatever the beast is}!

So 100 Mummy Wrapping to summon a mummy.

I'm guessing (hoping!) that these summoned monsters will be permanent residents, then.

meme1098
10-07-16, 01:05 PM
To summon the monsters you battle see netwiz's post on page 1.

The cauldron is to craft your own ghost, werewolf, werebeast, & mummy.

Netwiz. Can you add the cauldron info to your post so players aren't confused. They still need to battle monsters.

netwiz3
10-07-16, 01:08 PM
To summon the monsters you battle see netwiz's post on page 1.

The cauldron is to craft your own ghost, werewolf, werebeast, & mummy.

Netwiz. Can you add the cauldron info to your post so players aren't confused. They still need to battle monsters.

Sure... Anybody got to the goal about the Cauldron they could share the details on? I'm slow today. :)

meme1098
10-07-16, 01:11 PM
Sure... Anybody got to the goal about the Cauldron they could share the details on? I'm slow today. :)

I saw it mentioned & just went to the market & bought it...lol. Didn't get a goal yet but it's probably coming up soon. :D

netwiz3
10-07-16, 01:17 PM
I saw it mentioned & just went to the market & bought it...lol. Didn't get a goal yet but it's probably coming up soon. :D

Oh I see it now... You click get on any of the monsters in the 2nd set of goals and it sends you to the market... I'll add it now. :)

meme1098
10-07-16, 01:19 PM
OK... I'll post it as soon as I get the goal... I'd hate to tell people to buy it first and then a bug cause it to not check off the goal... I know that would never happen but you know. ;)

Yea.. never....lol

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-07-16, 01:22 PM

Heyyyyy, yeah, I just got a dire boar from a lantern spire... I thought they were suppose to spawn a GHOST!?!!! :confused:

But OMG, the mummy & werewolf are tiny but sooooo freaking adorable, can't WAIT to have one.

And since we can *only* craft these creatures in Ivy's new cauldron...does that mean we can only craft 1 of each monster and then that monster's craft will disappear???

moonchild1987
10-07-16, 01:22 PM
So excited about all these monsters!

netwiz3
10-07-16, 01:30 PM
Heyyyyy, yeah, I just got a dire boar from a lantern spire... I thought they were suppose to spawn a GHOST!?!!! :confused:

But OMG, the mummy & werewolf are tiny but sooooo freaking adorable, can't WAIT to have one.

And since we can *only* craft these creatures in Ivy's new cauldron...does that mean we can only craft 1 of each monster and then that monster's craft will disappear???

It looks to me like the Cauldron is a new crafting building that will be with us forever even after the event and it can no longer craft. :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-07-16, 01:40 PM
It looks to me like the Cauldron is a new crafting building that will be with us forever even after the event and it can no longer craft. :)
After the event, it'll prolly just turn into a deco like the Swabby's Workbench did ... but I wanna try to craft MORE than 1 of ea monster before the event ends and I'm betting it won't let me. Boo. Lol

meme1098
10-07-16, 01:42 PM
Boo...Hiss... you're probably right about that, NW.

Where's that mummy??? I've hit the jewelers 5 times now & nothing.
(Took about 10 hits to finally get 1. At this rate, it'll take forever for 100 of those wrappings)

bwunderbach
10-07-16, 01:55 PM
Everyone from Level 10 and up has the chance to find these creepy crawlers for the full month of October!

Well, at least for what remains of the month of October...

;)

meme1098
10-07-16, 02:02 PM
These monsters are not easy to spawn...:(

netwiz3
10-07-16, 02:07 PM
These monsters are not easy to spawn...:(

We have time... Need less than 400 monsters in 26 days... Too bad they don't drop tokens or we could have 3 events going at once. ;)

meme1098
10-07-16, 02:14 PM
We have time... Need less than 400 monsters in 26 days... Too bad they don't drop tokens or we could have 3 events going at once. ;)

OMG...that would be great wouldn't it!

fish63
10-07-16, 02:17 PM
O. K. Probably have a monster on board, but the horseshoes did not register. Only show one. My special bundle reappeared after closing, but hate to spend if I don't get the full package!

netwiz3
10-07-16, 02:18 PM
OMG...that would be great wouldn't it!

See and could have covered NW's recommendation too and had the AliZombie, MantiZombie and DragonZombie all in the MRC. :)

sourp4tch
10-07-16, 02:22 PM
After the event, it'll prolly just turn into a deco like the Swabby's Workbench did ... but I wanna try to craft MORE than 1 of ea monster before the event ends and I'm betting it won't let me. Boo. Lol

The crafts are there to stay! Craft as many as you like! :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-07-16, 02:23 PM
See and could have covered NW's recommendation too and had the AliZombie, MantiZombie and DragonZombie all in the MRC. :)
YESSSS! *thumbs up* (but at least we got a skelecorn in the Baron's Tent, lol)

Whyyyyyy are my lantern spires only spawning DIRE BOARS!?! Grr.

Hey, SparklyOctopus or someone else from S8 ~ Do the Spires of Love count for spawning ghosts (or as usual, are they exempt from events such as these)???
(No, those aren't the ones spawning dire boars for me; they're in storage but wanna know if I should pull em out, lol.)

Whoop, whoop! *happy witchy-poo zombie dance* lol

kdgulle
10-07-16, 02:34 PM
Is anyone else still getting dire boars from cottages. Are we not supposed to get the werewolf?

bwunderbach
10-07-16, 02:36 PM

Great!

But...and you knew this was coming...I'm assuming we won't be able to collect the materials needed for crafting them once the event is over. (I just want to make sure, though I'd love to be wrong!)

GlvtenFree
10-07-16, 03:20 PM
i can only serm to get the werebeasts to spawn but no pink ghosts or mummies hmm

meme1098
10-07-16, 03:26 PM
S8...if dire boars are gonna spawn when tapping spires & mines, at least let them drop something for this goal, even if it's a minimal drop!

Geez...I just got one chopping rocks, too!!!

SpiritWind00
10-07-16, 03:33 PM
Hi, I'm here... just typing things up. Will delete posts in wrong thread if they are duplicated. Might take me a while! :)

meme1098
10-07-16, 03:43 PM
Hi, I'm here... just typing things up. Will delete posts in wrong thread if they are duplicated. Might take me a while! :)

Thanks, SW. Can you find out real quick (before everyone leaves for the weekend) if dire boars can be turned off during this event? I'm getting them everywhere...spires, rock piles, & others have mentioned cottages (which are supposed to spawn werewolves)

riverly
10-07-16, 03:47 PM
We have time... Need less than 400 monsters in 26 days... Too bad they don't drop tokens or we could have 3 events going at once. ;)Just 400. Good, I thought it was an unreasonable amount.

MeganT87
10-07-16, 03:48 PM
Are the monsters we craft just deco?

GlvtenFree
10-07-16, 04:07 PM
has anyone been able to spawn ghosts/ mummies from buildings?

kdgulle
10-07-16, 04:10 PM

I got a mummy with a jewler but dire boars with cottages and towers. :(

kdgulle
10-07-16, 04:12 PM
Just 400. Good, I thought it was an unreasonable amount.
If they don't turn off the dire boars from cottages and towers it will be well beyond 400 :(. Maybe like 800.

huntiw396
10-07-16, 04:17 PM

I got a mummy from the jeweler Got ghosts from the traps. Got Dire Boars from the cottages, which is strange.

Radegast1
10-07-16, 04:28 PM
Tapped on 4 jewelers no ghost. Now another 4 hours to try again. Ridiculous

meme1098
10-07-16, 04:32 PM
Are the monsters we craft just deco?

I got a wily werebeast when I whacked the first one. It dropped with all the other stuff. So maybe there's a rare chance of getting the beast when whacking the mummy, ghost, & werewolf.

It's on my board & had a 4 hour timer. I'll let everyone know in a little over an hour what drops from it.

And, just for you Shibuyacloth, I'll take pics of the inventory card for you.

kdgulle
10-07-16, 04:35 PM
I got a wily werebeast when I whacked the first one. It's on my board & had a 4 hour timer. I'll let everyone know in a little over an hour what drops from it.

It was a drop for you, you didn't have to craft it?

riverly
10-07-16, 04:36 PM
If they don't turn off the dire boars from cottages and towers it will be well beyond 400 :(. Maybe like 800.yep!! I was being sarcastic! But this makes it absolutely nutty.

meme1098
10-07-16, 04:39 PM
It was a drop for you, you didn't have to craft it?

Nope. Didn't craft it. It dropped with the cursed fur, werewolf essence, & werewolf pelts.

I'm guessing the others may have a 'rare' chance to drop their counterparts too. Hope so anyway!

kdgulle
10-07-16, 04:40 PM
yep!! I was being sarcastic! But this makes it absolutely nutty.

It's crazy I've gotten 3 diars from things that should have had other monsters. I knew you were being sarcastic but there might be some truth to it actually.

kdgulle
10-07-16, 04:41 PM
Nope. Didn't craft it. It dropped with the cursed fur, werewolf essence, & werewolf pelts.

I'm guessing the others may have a 'rare' chance to drop their counterparts too. Hope so anyway!

Great thank you!

meme1098
10-07-16, 04:42 PM

None so far & believe me, I've been trying. At least 12 spires so far & nothing. Finally got a mummy after 10 jeweler taps. It's gonna be just like the Monster Hunt seasons. Very rare spawn rates:mad: & they all go awol.

berrigan17
10-07-16, 04:46 PM
Problem fixed.

meme1098
10-07-16, 04:50 PM
So... bought the trap, no monster, realised I still had the troll out. My bad. Got rid of troll bought ANOTHER trap. Goodbye 10 gems. Chopped it. Still no monster. What am I doing wrong?

That's not good!!! Of course, it's like 4:50 pm in S8's world in Cali so don't know if you can get any help today. Maybe pm someone real quick. And put your post in the bugs thread, too.

Pikasquirrel & sourp4tch are both on so I'd give it a shot if I were you.

In other news:

Cottages are ready....
12th try finally spawned a werewolf...:mad:
It dropped 2 pelts ... so just 49 more of them before I get my 100 pelts...& so with those odds just need to tap 588 or so more cottages ... smh

riverly
10-07-16, 05:30 PM
It's crazy I've gotten 3 diars from things that should have had other monsters. I knew you were being sarcastic but there might be some truth to it actually.I hope not ! Honestly I have not done the math. It just sounded extremely high. I hope it's better than it sounds. And also I may be missing some info, but waiting for the buildings to refresh seems like a long time between tapping for a "chance" to spawn a monster-the right monster. Good grief!

kdgulle
10-07-16, 05:58 PM
I have a neighbor with all the animals and the haunted castle, the haunted castle is bigger than the keep. :eek:
Then there is a sweeping broom, haunted gazebo, cauldron. There is a haunted keep as well. Not sure if it's from this quest.

meme1098
10-07-16, 05:59 PM
I have a neighbor with all the animals and the haunted castle, the haunted castle is bigger than the keep. :eek:

Whoa! Gems out the wazoo, I guess...lol

kdgulle
10-07-16, 06:00 PM
Whoa! Gems out the wazoo, I guess...lol

Yea I don't ask, I just saw them.

meme1098
10-07-16, 06:24 PM
I got a wily werebeast when I whacked the first one. It dropped with all the other stuff. So maybe there's a rare chance of getting the beast when whacking the mummy, ghost, & werewolf.

It's on my board & had a 4 hour timer. I'll let everyone know in a little over an hour what drops from it.

Ok. The wily werebeast dropped 2 vines...lol. What a let down.

ktorewqas
10-07-16, 06:30 PM

And, just for you Shibuyacloth, I'll take pics of the inventory card for you.what did you whack? Lol

paisley777
10-07-16, 06:44 PM
Getting nothing but Dires. :(

huntiw396
10-07-16, 06:49 PM
The guys at Storm8 have fixed my problem. All my horseshoes are there and everything is right in the world. They have got to be the best in the business. Made me feel like my problem was the only one out there. Very satisfied customer here. Special thanks to SpiritWind00 your the best.

Joe

comeseecomesah
10-07-16, 06:58 PM
3 dire boars from 2 iron rich rocks. Nothing from 6 lantern spires. Nothing from 5 jewelers *sighhhhhhhhh

gilachaya
10-07-16, 07:03 PM
Ok. The wily werebeast dropped 2 vines...lol. What a let down.

Perhaps the special drops won't happen until after the event ends.

meme1098
10-07-16, 07:16 PM
what did you whack? Lol

It was the werebeast because I had been chopping some dead trees.

GlvtenFree
10-07-16, 07:49 PM
nothing but dire boars :( what is going on

stargaze91
10-07-16, 07:59 PM
It was the werebeast because I had been chopping some dead trees.

I got a Pet Friendly werewolf drop when I slayed a werewolf, so happy...problem with uploading pictures..Back of the inventory card says "She gets real ferocious when people mess with her friends ".. she is totally adorable,and has a 5 hr timer

meme1098
10-07-16, 08:02 PM

So the other beasts have a rare chance of dropping their counterpart from the cauldron....that's nice. :)
Be sure & let us know what she drops. Does it have a 4 hour timer like the werebeast?

stargaze91
10-07-16, 08:07 PM
So the other beasts have a rare chance of dropping their counterpart from the cauldron....that's nice. :)
Be sure & let us know what she drops. Does it have a 4 hour timer like the werebeast?

She has a 5 hr timer..first drop was a bone ..nothing else

janddolphins
10-07-16, 08:38 PM
I don't see how we can collect enough to tame all the monsters. Maybe one over 22 days but all, with the fact that they are rare to find it just seems impossible. I love the cute ghost so I'll go for her but I hate that I can't complete the event. How though are we supposed to get 400 of each collection? Am I missing something?

Both events are exciting in their setup and I love that there is so much to do, I just hate that with both I feel defeated on day one. Not sure if others feel the same with these events. It's taking the fun out of what clearly was well thought out events though, they just clearly got the numbers wrong:(

meme1098
10-07-16, 08:41 PM
Ugh!!! Please turn off the dire boars!! I can't get a ghost from towers or spires just boars are spawning!!! Boars spawning collecting from mines, chopping small rock piles!!!
S8, please, please, turn them off!!!

kdgulle
10-07-16, 08:59 PM
Ugh!!! Please turn off the dire boars!! I can't get a ghost from towers or spires just boars are spawning!!! Boars spawning collecting from mines, chopping small rock piles!!!
I second this please

CeceYumYummy
10-07-16, 09:04 PM

No

coolssp
10-07-16, 09:16 PM

I third this!

peachtreeshoppe
10-07-16, 10:08 PM
Perhaps the special drops won't happen until after the event ends.

But.. but it is special! It helps with the other quest with a guaranteed drop of upgrade necessary items for the other (community) event. I'm glad I have acquired two wily werebeasts now from slaying spawned werebeasts from library and tavern collections. With just two energy, I get several vines as opposed to a vine or two from an entire dead tree.

Tip:
I only realized I had them in inventory because this quest's goal to summon one disappeared without crafting anything.

newzealander
10-07-16, 10:51 PM
I fourth this!!

These boars are energy ****ers with such rare drops. I have used hundreds of energy this afternoon (with crates and Alicorns), and still have ZERO ghosts, TWO pelts and ONE mummy wrap.

puzzlecatz
10-07-16, 11:14 PM

Nope. Not a one. Nada

Stymie52
10-07-16, 11:16 PM
I did get a werewolf ( she is way too cute to be called a werewolf though) from cottages 😀👻

So far, no werewolves nor mummies. I did fight one ghost, but for some reason, it didn't count. Werebeasts are coming quite often. It will be very difficult to finish the side goals connected with most of these cute little ghoulish creatures.

MoonVillage3
10-08-16, 12:27 AM
yes.. got a cute pink ghost from WatchTower L5.. that's all so far, but have been consentrating on upleveling the GhostCastle.

.....and a mummy from Jewelry.

.....and heaps of Dire Boars! Just wish at a crital moment like this when trying to trigger other monsters, and collecting material for upgrading Ghost Castle.. that normal critters would keep off the kingdom instead of consuming precious energy!

sunnyhook
10-08-16, 01:04 AM
I also have a pet willybeast drop. I feel like the Willybeast one is less rare than we think, it does not show up on the screen like the other items. I only found it because I happened to look in my inventory, then came here before placing it to see and make-sure it was a pet to stay and not something else.

If you **** a monster, I would advise checking your inventory just in case. Although, the quest to tame one does disappear when you "catch" one.

I believe the ones we "catch" from drops will drop their "special event items" possibly after the event has ended and along with the animals we craft in the cauldron, allowing us to continue to make these animals outside of the event: because we still have the available source of needed parts!

BungoCook
10-08-16, 01:33 AM
I got this timed goal thread up, bought the 10 gem trap, chopped but like others forgot I had a monster on the board, so got no monster spawn from the trap and hence no part 2 or the rest of the goals in this chain. What do l do now? I cleared the monster on th board, another werewolf spawned from another part of some of the other goals and in ****ing it I completed the part one for this goal but there have been no more parts triggered for this goal. Done all the force closely stuff etc and have collected from 10 watch towers cottages and jewellers with nada monsters. I am worried that by not getting the other parts for this goal chain I may never get spawn from these buildings. Anyone else experienced this, while I wait for support query to be answered?

Never mind I bought another trap, chopped and all flooded into goal book. It's a roundabout way but it worked.

zoroak
10-08-16, 01:54 AM
Has anyone had a werewolf, mummy or ghost drop from slaying one, like with the werebeast?

GlvtenFree
10-08-16, 01:56 AM
Has anyone had a werewolf, mummy or ghost drop from slaying one, like with the werebeast?

ive gotten the werewolf and beast but i cant even find a mummy! wheres me mum

zoroak
10-08-16, 02:00 AM
ive gotten the werewolf and beast but i cant even find a mummy! wheres me mum
Werewolf drops from slaying one rather than crafting?

GlvtenFree
10-08-16, 02:13 AM
Werewolf drops from slaying one rather than crafting?

yes it was my first werewolf to pop up and i got the pet after slaying it. pretty lucky seeing as i cant get anything to spawn now ha

zoroak
10-08-16, 02:18 AM
yes it was my first werewolf to pop up and i got the pet after slaying it. pretty lucky seeing as i cant get anything to spawn now ha

Thanks!

Bette3900
10-08-16, 03:02 AM
I fourth this!!

These boars are energy ****ers with such rare drops. I have used hundreds of energy this afternoon (with crates and Alicorns), and still have ZERO ghosts, TWO pelts and ONE mummy wrap.

+1, I keep getting dire boars from rocks:(

MoonVillage3
10-08-16, 03:42 AM

Don't know which number we have reached.. but I DO AGREE!
Our energy is limited.. we can't move ahead fighting all these Dire Boars.
Where are all the other cute Halloween monsters gone to? Eaten by Dire Boars?

MoonVillage3
10-08-16, 03:46 AM

yes.. only one cute little pink ghost from Tower
and.. only one tiny mummy from Jewelers
and.. only one werebeast
and a few werewolves from the chopping dead trees.

aurora171
10-08-16, 03:46 AM
Don't know which number we have reached.. but I DO AGREE!
Our energy is limited.. we can't move ahead fighting all these Dire Boars.
Where are all the other cute Halloween monsters gone to? Eaten by Dire Boars?

Pretty sure the Dire Boars have eaten them .... doesn't Ivy have some form of Dire Boar repellent potion she could cook up?!

MeganT87
10-08-16, 04:04 AM
This is very energy draining. I can only get werebeasts. Every time I try to check cottages, towers, jewelers for other monsters... I get dire board!

jesoftngentle
10-08-16, 05:55 AM
Its seems pretty unlikely I will get anything, seems difficult. Takes alot of energy. Oh well.

sunnyhook
10-08-16, 06:06 AM
I think they mean have you actually gotten the PET. Not just has one of the monsters appeared on your board to ****. If you have actually ****ed and then had DROP one of each of those PETS, that is actually really really good!

sunnyhook
10-08-16, 06:07 AM
yes.. only one cute little pink ghost from Tower
and.. only one tiny mummy from Jewelers
and.. only one werebeast
and a few werewolves from the chopping dead trees.

I think they mean have you actually gotten the PET. Not just has one of the monsters appeared on your board to ****. If you have actually ****ed and then had DROP one of each of those PETS, that is actually really really good!

AnisWa
10-08-16, 06:13 AM
Its seems pretty unlikely I will get anything, seems difficult. Takes alot of energy. Oh well.

I agree....my towers, cottages are nothing but coins. So far, I've only gotten a pink ghost, tiny mummy, and very few werewolves. Too much Energy being wasted...I'm going back to other matters in the kingdom. Plus, in the book the tasks are marked 25 days and the Community is at day 10....I'm confused.

sniffanddig
10-08-16, 06:21 AM
My jewelers, cottages, lantern and watch spires yield nothing but I'm doing well from horses, libraries, taverns (pirate and regular). What's going on with the mummies and ghosts?

Goblackcat
10-08-16, 06:23 AM
None for me either!!! Only dior boars, but no mummies. .ghosts..or werewolves. Is someone looking into this issue? Thanks :)

zoroak
10-08-16, 06:29 AM

Yes this is what I mean, a pet drop not a monster spawn.

ladyperidot
10-08-16, 07:48 AM
I've only gotten one ghost to fight from towers and one of the cute werewolves. Haven't seen a mummy at all. On the plus side I have gotten 3 gold nuggets since the monster things started

peachtreeshoppe
10-08-16, 07:59 AM
I agree....my towers, cottages are nothing but coins. So far, I've only gotten a pink ghost, tiny mummy, and very few werewolves. Too much Energy being wasted...I'm going back to other matters in the kingdom. Plus, in the book the tasks are marked 25 days and the Community is at day 10....I'm confused.

They are two unrelated quests with similar characters since they run concurrently. I'd just focus on the castle community event for now since these monsters are (even as s8 says) extremely rare by buildings and we have ten more days to find them once the community event finishes. It's giving everyone a sliver of hope to catch one as opposed to the firey fox which REQUIRED direct gem payment. It's a slight possibility, hardly a guarantee.

Making a pet (other than the werebeasts) during the event is unlikely without a bunch of gems. If you do manage to spawn at least a handful this month and a pet drops from slaying them, it would seem they might continue to drop parts to make more of them after the event.

Can pikasquirrel or sourp4tch confirm that parts to craft more pets will continue to drop from pets we own after the event?

stargaze91
10-08-16, 09:17 AM
They are two unrelated quests with similar characters since they run concurrently. I'd just focus on the castle community event for now since these monsters are (even as s8 says) extremely rare by buildings and we have ten more days to find them once the community event finishes. It's giving everyone a sliver of hope to catch one as opposed to the firey fox which REQUIRED direct gem payment. It's a slight possibility, hardly a guarantee.

Making a pet (other than the werebeasts) during the event is unlikely without a bunch of gems. If you do manage to spawn at least a handful this month and a pet drops from slaying them, it would seem they might continue to drop parts to make more of them after the event.

Can pikasquirrel or sourp4tch confirm that parts to craft more pets will continue to drop from pets we own after the event?
Pets don't drop parts required for making more of the same / other pets...I have a pet werewolf..she drops bones and fur..she does not drop Werewolf pelt which is needed for crafting a pet werewolf ,they only drop from slaying werewolves...I think it would be similar for other pets too

newzealander
10-08-16, 10:16 AM
Is this there a Physical Therapist in the house?? I have been chopping rock after rock looking for those elusive cursed stones, and I think I slipped a disc!

peachtreeshoppe
10-08-16, 10:46 AM
Pets don't drop parts required for making more of the same / other pets...I have a pet werewolf..she drops bones and fur..she does not drop Werewolf pelt which is needed for crafting a pet werewolf ,they only drop from slaying werewolves...I think it would be similar for other pets too

Ah, I see. Yes the wily werebeasts give me haunted vine, not the werebeasts parts. That's a shame. Being able to clone themselves would be cool!

MoonVillage3
10-08-16, 10:54 AM
Cute lil' Pink Ghost with lovely blue eyes

MoonVillage3
10-08-16, 10:55 AM

haven't seen any pets drop yet.. do they drop from the monsters?

zoroak
10-08-16, 11:13 AM
haven't seen any pets drop yet.. do they drop from the monsters?

Very rare chances of pets dropping from their respective monsters. Some forum members have earlier reported pet drops from slaying werewolf and werebeast.

katbtodd
10-08-16, 11:45 AM
I found a werewolf in my inventory and I know I didn't craft him , brought him out and he has a 4 hour timer ,have no idea where he came from

MoonVillage3
10-08-16, 11:54 AM
Very rare chances of pets dropping from their respective monsters. Some forum members have earlier reported pet drops from slaying werewolf and werebeast.

Thank you.. yes quite rare then considering I've upleveled Ghost Castle to 4th and haven't seen one yet.. bashing all the monsters along the way to collect materials needed.

edit: sorry.. 5th level

CeceGma
10-08-16, 12:15 PM
Fighting off a werebeast that I found in my Pirate's Tavern.

kattkrazie
10-08-16, 12:54 PM
For those players who enjoy numbers (I'm looking at you, Solientus), all of my buildings were ready to collect from this morning. I collected from 23 cottages/watchtowers/jewelers and spawned zero (0) ghosts/mummies/werewolves. Then I collected from 18 taverns and libraries for community event and spawned 6 werebeasts.

Hopefully the drop rates will get better for the monster dance, but until and unless the rates are increased, almost everyone can get a werebeast, but the other monsters will only be found in the mythical spellbound dew land.

MoonVillage3
10-08-16, 12:59 PM

Yes this is what I mean, a pet drop not a monster spawn.

Sorry.. misread that question..
NO PETS at all.. these are very, very rare. Only few players have reported to have found one, even, accidentally in their inventory. Post #107 has some info.

MoonVillage3
10-08-16, 01:17 PM
For those players who enjoy numbers (I'm looking at you, Solientus), all of my buildings were ready to collect from this morning. I collected from 23 cottages/watchtowers/jewelers and spawned zero (0) ghosts/mummies/werewolves. Then I collected from 18 taverns and libraries for community event and spawned 6 werebeasts.

Hopefully the drop rates will get better for the monster dance, but until and unless the rates are increased, almost everyone can get a werebeast, but the other monsters will only be found in the mythical spellbound dew land.

Thanks Katt I agree with you too.. I found many werebeasts from my many Taverns, heaps, one every other tap when I'm looking for glass.. but cottages have not given anything yet. Towers/Spires only 2 and Jewelry only 1.

Anaboe
10-08-16, 01:31 PM
i can only serm to get the werebeasts to spawn but no pink ghosts or mummies hmm

Same for me: 10 cottages, 10 spires, 5 jewelers... None for me.

jesoftngentle
10-08-16, 01:32 PM
I actually did get Wily Werebeast, he was in my inventory. They are lurking in your kingdom. Actually wasnt aware of this until I went threw inventory.

kattkrazie
10-08-16, 02:53 PM
A strategy that might work for those with limited energy is to choose just one of the monsters, for me it would be the pink ghost, then only put out the spires and watchtowers to lure the ghost. You could focus on that for a week and when you get enough potions for the ghost, put up the watchtowers and get out the jewelers to work on a mummy. That way, you might not end the event with 30 body parts for each animal with none completed. Would also work better for those with limited space.

Solientus
10-08-16, 03:23 PM
A strategy that might work for those with limited energy is to choose just one of the monsters, for me it would be the pink ghost, then only put out the spires and watchtowers to lure the ghost. You could focus on that for a week and when you get enough potions for the ghost, put up the watchtowers and get out the jewelers to work on a mummy. That way, you might not end the event with 30 body parts for each animal with none completed. Would also work better for those with limited space.

Definitely a great idea! Thanks!

Radegast1
10-08-16, 03:51 PM
We're east appearing but no ghost mummy or werewolf

SpiritWind00
10-08-16, 03:54 PM
I've collected from 6 towers and lanterns twice with no results, 3rd time I got 1 ghost. They are sooooo pretty! So is the girl little werewolf. It was incredibly difficult to defeat one of those... My brain was going nooooooooooo...

robotparade
10-08-16, 04:21 PM
I think the best advice I've seen is from peachtreeshoppe. These are two separate events. The community event is doable but the monster dance is far more difficult and may be targeted at gemmers. If you waste energy on cottages, watchtowers, and jewelers, you're missing the opportunity to get the community prizes. I have alicorns and have used a lot of them collecting from cottages and the other monster dance buildings but have only spawned 1or 2 ghosts and mummies. But I've spawned at least 25 werebeasts for the community event and have even gotten the pet werebeast as a drop. I haven't posted what's needed for higher level haunted house because it's just more of the same things.

Also, I've noticed that for the monster dance, the odds are greater of getting a dire boar than a ghost or mummy. Most players will be happier if they focus on the community event rather than chasing the ghosts, mummies, and werewolves. Those are going to be tough even with lots of energy sources.

This is true, and helpful advice. Thanks!

Em_storm
10-08-16, 04:45 PM
I've collected from 6 towers and lanterns twice with no results, 3rd time I got 1 ghost. They are sooooo pretty! So is the girl little werewolf. It was incredibly difficult to defeat one of those... My brain was going nooooooooooo...
I know, she's so cute! I finally did get one to spawn, but have yet to see a ghost. I think kattkrazie's suggestion above is a great strategy. The ROKR (Random Obligatory Kingdom Redecoration) is a little overboard, but I'm still having fun!

Slrasnake1
10-08-16, 04:56 PM
S8 please turn off the dire boars. I just got 3 in 5 min. It's not right to have to waste that much energy during 2 simultaneous timed events.

mayennalee
10-08-16, 05:25 PM
S8 please turn off the dire boars. I just got 3 in 5 min. It's not right to have to waste that much energy during 2 simultaneous timed events.

Yep I agree. My spawn rate has gone off the charts compared to any other time. I feel like I am hunting nagas again.

mayennalee
10-08-16, 05:25 PM

Thank you for that. I think thats a great way to do it

peachtreeshoppe
10-08-16, 06:02 PM

Smart!! Thank you!

peachtreeshoppe
10-08-16, 06:10 PM
I think the best advice I've seen is from peachtreeshoppe. These are two separate events. The community event is doable but the monster dance is far more difficult and may be targeted at gemmers. If you waste energy on cottages, watchtowers, and jewelers, you're missing the opportunity to get the community prizes. I have alicorns and have used a lot of them collecting from cottages and the other monster dance buildings but have only spawned 1or 2 ghosts and mummies. But I've spawned at least 25 werebeasts for the community event and have even gotten the pet werebeast as a drop. I haven't posted what's needed for higher level haunted house because it's just more of the same things.

Also, I've noticed that for the monster dance, the odds are greater of getting a dire boar than a ghost or mummy. Most players will be happier if they focus on the community event rather than chasing the ghosts, mummies, and werewolves. Those are going to be tough even with lots of energy sources.

Aw shucks, thank you! Happy to help.

myhsplace
10-08-16, 07:29 PM
so do we need like some of them electronic device thingies they use in them ghost shows around us to capture these spooky MIA creatures or what!! on the clock when ready visits (except the 6hrs i slept) since yesterday to 14 cottages, 5 jewelers, and 7 spires/towers per visit time and stilllll no spooky spawning ones..and we have to what get like 100 each of these things to make a permanent one? :confused: how is it even possible to craft three, let alone one with these extremely rare drop rates...
they are basically gems items at this point so why not just make them so in market instead!

sookiebooks
10-08-16, 07:40 PM
Does the ghost or mummies even exist? And why do we have to waste so much energy fighting direboars? I'm so confused.

robotparade
10-08-16, 08:02 PM
Does the ghost or mummies even exist? And why do we have to waste so much energy fighting direboars? I'm so confused.

I have seen ONE ghost. Two mummies. These were from traps. Now my gems are gone, and I'm done trying to do monster quest goals. I have scores of horses out and I almost have enough horseshoes to qualify for the community gifts, so I am focusing on that; I may even park a beast so I can stop getting direboars every other click.

caron7
10-08-16, 09:06 PM
I fought a mummy spawned from the jeweler and received a little mummy reward. It has a 5 hour timer

janddolphins
10-08-16, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the tip about looking in your inventory, had a werebeast there. Now if only I can get the ghost and werewolf as those two are my favorite and just so cute!

bravewarrior
10-09-16, 12:48 AM
All I'm doing is wasting energy collecting from cottages, towers, spires, and jewelry stores. Nothing is popping and when it does, it's usually a boar.

M2013C
10-09-16, 01:07 AM
Still no mummies etc for me only a few direboars. I tried cottages, jewelry etc. Still nothing.

VanaCatu
10-09-16, 05:12 AM
All I'm doing is wasting energy collecting from cottages, towers, spires, and jewelry stores. Nothing is popping and when it does, it's usually a boar.

same here... 16 cottages, 10 jewelers, 9 watchtowers.
collecting 3rd day, and only usual dire boars are there.
same with cropping rocks.

nothing for deadtrees.

the only thing working is taverns and libraries for wereguys.
all others are just zero, and even less due to huge losses for dire boars fighting.

i don't think this one is fun and completable.

caron7
10-09-16, 05:23 AM
I fought a mummy spawned from the jeweler and received a little mummy reward. It has a 5 hour timer

Collected from this mummy and got a simple glue. Not what I was imagining I might get!

PrincessCelestian
10-09-16, 06:36 AM
So I was happily playing along this morning and the spawn rate for were beasts was super amazing. And then all of a sudden I had one in inventory that was dropped from one I ****ed!! And then I got another one! Sooooo. . . Please forgive me if this is already covered. I haven't kept up with the forum closely on this one {had to plan a hurricane Matthew relocated wedding in 48 hours}. Is this a thing now? Can werewolves, ghosts and mummies also be dropped when we defeat one of those monsters? And what about ghosts and mummies. I get a lot of were beasts and werewolves but have not seen a ghost or mummy yet :-/

Solientus
10-09-16, 07:19 AM
So I was happily playing along this morning and the spawn rate for were beasts was super amazing. And then all of a sudden I had one in inventory that was dropped from one I ****ed!!... Is this a thing now? Can werewolves, ghosts and mummies also be dropped when we defeat one of those monsters? And what about ghosts and mummies.
Yep, all of the "Special" monster spawns have a super rare chance of dropping a small version of themselves!
The Cauldron lets you craft the tiny figure (which has a cd) just incase you get 100 of their mats (mummy spawn drops 1-2 bandages -> 100 bandages to craft the figure, see first post for more) just incase you really want it and have a lot of Gems to spend.

zoroak
10-09-16, 07:21 AM
So I was happily playing along this morning and the spawn rate for were beasts was super amazing. And then all of a sudden I had one in inventory that was dropped from one I ****ed!! And then I got another one! Sooooo. . . Please forgive me if this is already covered. I haven't kept up with the forum closely on this one {had to plan a hurricane Matthew relocated wedding in 48 hours}. Is this a thing now? Can werewolves, ghosts and mummies also be dropped when we defeat one of those monsters? And what about ghosts and mummies. I get a lot of were beasts and werewolves but have not seen a ghost or mummy yet :-/

Yes pets can drop from slaying them, but very rare chance, you are extremely lucky! congrats!

jaymieb2
10-09-16, 07:31 AM
Is anyone else still getting dire boars from cottages. Are we not supposed to get the werewolf?

Add my voice to the request! 33 spires / watchtowers, one ghost and lots of direboars, 20 cottages and nothing spawned at all, rocks and sparkling mines send me dire boars like I hadn't placed the swampy pond, 5 jewelers and nothing...

As soon as my energy refills, I will upgrade my spooky castle to level 4 (need 14 glass aand 3 thinges from rocks). I have seen ONE ghost, ZERO mummies, ONE werewolf - but it came from the spooky trap. No trouble finding werebeasts, but the others are crazy hard!

Please either turn off the dire boars, replace them with something else, or have them do a random drop of parts we need!!! Please!

hkcorrigan
10-09-16, 07:43 AM
I just got a pet ghost while fighting the first ghost that spawned from my watchtowers!!! I put my towers away and am focusing on jewelers. Keeping my fingers crossed. I really want the werewolf and the mummy too! Rare but more likely than the fiery fox! Or even that blasted kitty!

jaymieb2
10-09-16, 07:49 AM
What do you get when you chop a Cursed Lantern?

bravewarrior
10-09-16, 07:52 AM
The Scooby Gang was right. Ghosts don't really exist. I really find this project a boar. Get it? Boar?
Anyway, I'm pulling my cottages off my realm so I won't be tempted to waste energy on them. To get 100 ghosts or mummies parts at this rate ain't happening.

Solientus
10-09-16, 07:52 AM
What do you get when you chop a Cursed Lantern?
Latern was a drop from the Halloween Monster Mash Ball event, thread here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94642-Castle-Story-10-7-Update-Monster-Mash-Ball-(TIMED-OPTIONAL))
I got 1, ONE, Bewitched Glass. It's random which material you get (1-2):H. Horseshoe, B. Glass, or H. Vine.
IMO not worth copping, keep for deco.

janddolphins
10-09-16, 08:15 AM
Of course because I found a werebeast in my inventory he has to pop up on EVERY tavern click! This is draining my energy. If only I had this luck with pop ups for the other monsters lol.

Let me correct that, they are popping up any building they can!

Also someone mentioned that when they caught an animal and it was in their inventory it was a mini version and they had to craft it, but mine was full grown and the option to craft disappeared and it is already dropping so not sure of others experience.

VersaceMorrow
10-09-16, 09:09 AM

Same here... I have gotten the ghost twice, the mummy once, and no werewolves.

S8 needs to take some lessons from casinos about intermittent rewards. There has to be some frequency of success to get people interested in continuing. I can see making the pet drop super-rare, but having spawning be rare, when you want 100 of each to craft a pet? Come on, be reasonable or no one will bother.

aurora171
10-09-16, 09:26 AM
omg just got a mummy from the jewellers, it's so super cute! I don't want to **** it!

jaymieb2
10-09-16, 09:30 AM
Tapped 18 *more* cottages... got a dire boar. Never getting a werewolf. :-(

gramietee
10-09-16, 09:44 AM
tired of wasting energy on watch towers, spire, cottages and jewelers have gotten nothing

ktorewqas
10-09-16, 10:15 AM
A wily were beast and a lonely mummy decide to stay in my queendom :rolleyes: I got wily after defeat more than 20 of the werebeasts. Got a mummy monster and my 8 years old daughter defeated it then wow, a cute mummy :D I got let her play CS more even if she get in gem traps ;) but I have not seen one single ghost and one single wolf girl ( forgot it's name) yet lol

knooter
10-09-16, 10:22 AM
I have luckily gotten two pet werebeasts. But, more often than not, all I am getting are boars. Please, please, please turn off the boars! I just pulled two boars while chopping an iron rich rock. 5 chops and two boars! I love this quest, but this is not fun right now.

janddolphins
10-09-16, 10:43 AM
Are you able to have more than one of each monster? I had captured the werebeast and the goal is gone, however when I click the couldren I still have the option for one

fabulus12
10-09-16, 10:53 AM
I'm seeing more boars then any other creatures.

huntiw396
10-09-16, 11:03 AM
I just chopped a dire boar from a library and got the drops from a werebeast - cursed fur and haunted vines. Still no free monsters. Be patient I think that ghosts etc. will be everywhere when you complete the Monster Mash Ball. Level 7 haunted house is giving me 16 horse shoes per drop. I was getting lots of dire boars until yesterday when I completed the quest and got the swamp. Since then I have gotten 2 or 3.

PrincessCelestian
10-09-16, 11:39 AM
Are you able to have more than one of each monster? I had captured the werebeast and the goal is gone, however when I click the couldren I still have the option for one

Yes you can. I have two werebeasts in my queendom right now that were drops from defeating spawned were beasts. They have a 4 hour timer and dropped rat tails and haunted vines (2 per beast for me).

BufftonHeights
10-09-16, 11:41 AM
Hi S8 - I realize it is the weekend now, but when you get back on Monday can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have an answer at least as to whether or not our pleas to turn off the boars will be granted. I didn't have this many boars when I was doing the boar quests. :(

jen7779
10-09-16, 12:13 PM
This is a timed quest...well there is a problem. This is the Third day, and so far I've only found one Ghost. Nothing from Cottages or Jewelers. So how are we to complete this, if none of the Spooky Creatures appear? We can't brew them up in Ivy's Cauldron, without the needed items and we can't get the items, without them spawning in the game. Come on guys! This isn't right! PLEASE FIX THIS!

PrincessCelestian
10-09-16, 12:32 PM
This is a timed quest...well there is a problem. This is the Third day, and so far I've only found one Ghost. Nothing from Cottages or Jewelers. So how are we to complete this, if none of the Spooky Creatures appear? We can't brew them up in Ivy's Cauldron, without the needed items and we can't get the items, without them spawning in the game. Come on guys! This isn't right! PLEASE FIX THIS!

You do realize that this is a 26 day quest right? So we have 23 more days to find these creatures. From what I am seeing, at some point, they are all going to drop from a defeated creature most likely anyway. They also did say at the beginning that they were very very rare.

Solientus
10-09-16, 01:33 PM

You do realize that this is a 26 day quest right? So we have 23 more days to find these creatures...They also did say at the beginning that they were very very rare.

Also those 4 quests that pop-up associated with these new Halloween monsters are more of a guideline as far as I can see. It's letting you know which ones you haven't found yet.

To me, the main event is in the other thread. Collect your horseshoes. Don't bother with all the extra buildings for potential spawns and walk away with prizes!

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-09-16, 01:37 PM
S8 ~ For the luv of all that is spooky, puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze turn off the DIRE
BOARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSS‼️

ninjalejones
10-09-16, 01:53 PM
To me, the main event is in the other thread. Collect your horseshoes. Don't bother with all the extra buildings for potential spawns and walk away with prizes!

I agree, I started out by dragging out a bunch of cottages, towers and jewelers but then sold most of them for taverns and libraries and am now just focusing on one thing at a time. We only have 10 days for the other, 3 weeks for this one so plenty of time to pull our hair out.

ktorewqas
10-09-16, 01:57 PM
S8 ~ For the luv of all that is spooky, puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze turn off the DIRE
BOARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSS‼️ yes, please! I've never got that much in one day out/in of hunting season:p

meme1098
10-09-16, 02:21 PM
yes, please! I've never got that much in one day out/in of hunting season:p

I haven't gotten this many either since the swampy pond...lol
They are so angry about not being invited to the fun, I'm sure;)

tonyjosiah
10-09-16, 03:02 PM
The only monsters I'm getting are Dire Boars and Werebeasts. This is by far the most confusing start to an event I've seen, ever

Linnian
10-09-16, 04:17 PM
tired of wasting energy on watch towers, spire, cottages and jewelers have gotten nothing

I am right there with you. Haven't had anything but dire boars 😠

janddolphins
10-09-16, 05:09 PM
If only every monster dropped at the same rate as the werebeast we would be set! Seriously though such great animation and I'm going to hate to see it go to waste if I can't get enough to craft them. I really want the ghost and werewolf too. I don't mind a few gems but I'm not going to spend hundreds to get them. Yesterday with lots of tapping I managed several monsters to show and I was up to 10/100 on ghosts, and a similar number for werewolf. Today I haven't gotten a single one to pop up despite same amount of tapping. So it really is random. I hope they will give us mini quests for parts or I get lucky and just catch them. This quest seemed so fun at the start, but being a quest of luck again and not hard work that just took the fun out of it

Please S8 stop giving quests that rely on the luck of the draw and focuses on our hard work. I want to feel like I accomplished something and earned my prize, especially for a long term quest like this

tabskingdom
10-09-16, 05:56 PM
Is there a reason I'm only getting werebeast I have gotten tons of those along with boars but I have not got one ghost mummy or werewolf it's like Their not even apart of the goal I've clicked 100s of watch towers cottages dead tress jewelers and nothing am I missing something please help I don't want to miss out thanks

(Removed quote of post 1 as ever changing... ;) thanks, SW )

MisterBlu
10-09-16, 06:04 PM
The drop rate for the Ghosts, Werewolves and Mummies is appalling. In 3 days of play I have caught 1 werewolf!! Tapped the "Get" button and ended up in Ivy's cauldron where I learned that I must collect 100 Essence/Pelts/Wrappings to craft the characters. At this drop rate I'd be 100 before I collected them all even if the quest had no time limit and I won't purchase gems to "buy" the necessary components.

1ch1ps
10-09-16, 06:12 PM
That's what I figure....never get 100 of everything

1ch1ps
10-09-16, 06:18 PM
What is the end award....I'm never going to get enough glass, so might as well throw in the towel now .... less stress. I'm at the part where one needs 75 pieces and another needs 75... that is 135 & the 60 can't be used towards the 75...

Maybe it's better just to work on the Elves, it's less stress

1ch1ps
10-09-16, 06:33 PM
White flag waving...I might get the 75 glass for lvl 3 castle, and hate to see what lvl 4 needs... but need 60 for something else. Might work towards the 60 instead...or surrender now doing the main part and work on something else

BaileyHollow
10-09-16, 07:35 PM
I've been working on this for three days with no other monsters except the werebeasts coming up. This is ridiculous Storm 8!! Fix Your game!!

Galadraal
10-09-16, 08:19 PM

I agree 100% too many dire boars are spawning; it's ridiculously rare and we need 100 to make one for us to keep. PLEASE ease up on the super duper rarity. I will NOT spend 1000 gems for 100 traps especially when you could get different ones spawn each time

puzzlecatz
10-09-16, 08:57 PM
Ok well I have had several monsters spawn but not much headway in collecting what I need for pets. I think I'm going to check my inventory now. Maybe I have a pet waiting for me to discover him/her in there. Hmmmm....

puzzlecatz
10-09-16, 09:02 PM
Nope no pets hiding in my inventory. But I have 87 cursed fur so very close to being able to craft my first Wily Werebeast!

DrP4ever
10-10-16, 12:45 AM
Agreed. I'm out! This is ridiculous for a timed quest.

Silverblade2015
10-10-16, 02:22 AM
This is ridiculous. After collecting like 7 watch towers and 4 jewellers every 4-6 hours for 3 days, I have only seen mummy and ghost once!

Too few spawns and even when it spawns, it spawns dire boars. A total failure event. Please fix!!!

Thanks

MisterBlu
10-10-16, 03:49 AM
Yet another typical day in a S8 quest! Zapped my cottages and guess what popped out? Heh, you got it, a Direboar. Zapped a pile of rocks and yes, you guessed again, another Direboar. WHAT IS GOING ON?

neverwhere88
10-10-16, 04:20 AM
I only spawn werebeasts. From cottages, jeweller, tower, library...only werebeasts. And a random dire boar now and then. No mummy, ghost or werewolf. Is the balance completely off?

freesiawoods
10-10-16, 04:21 AM
Yes suddenly dire boars are everywhere but no mummies or weregirls. How on earth can we complete this?

CeceYumYummy
10-10-16, 04:24 AM
I've been working on this for three days with no other monsters except the werebeasts coming up. This is ridiculous Storm 8!! Fix Your game!!
I totally agree - do they not test before they release! I haven't even seen a mummy or ghost yet!!!! I am really feeling like closing down the game for a month.

ladytalladega
10-10-16, 05:17 AM
Is anyone still having a hard time getting the mummies, werewolves, ghosts for the side prizes? I am a Lvl 32 and have 2 Jewelers, 2 cottages, and 2 watchtowers and have only gotten One mummy since the start of the event, nothing else. Getting a lot of dire boars and trolls at those buildings though. I'm in the middle of building Kaz's Abode, could that be why I have so many boars and trolls? Could it be messing me up? Just wondering if anyone had found a solution/reason for this yet.

I have been playing for about 4 years (had to start over when I got a new iPad), but this is my first time posting on the board. Thanks!

scavaig
10-10-16, 06:04 AM
Agreed. I'm out! This is ridiculous for a timed quest.

Yep, white flag here too. I surrender.

Too much to do at Once and impossible targets. Shame on yOu S8

I don't understand the logic behind this - just when the game seemed to be heading in the right direction at last.

Tealantern
10-10-16, 06:19 AM
We would need to spawn each of these three to four times a day to stand a chance of crafting one of each by the end of the month. That's impossible and I doubt we would be able to craft any of them apart from the direbeast (I have one friendly one now). I'm not complaining, just making a statement of fact. I have a fair amount of towers and cottages but I have triggered one spawn in four days. I'm a level 50 player.

I have one question for Storm 8.

What is the point of this event? It seems pretty pointless to me if the cute creatures don't want to come to the party!

HistoryGirl7
10-10-16, 07:47 AM
I've only gotten the werebeasts and one single ghost. Im a level 50 and have tons of the buildings needed. Please fix.

jmterao
10-10-16, 08:37 AM
Is anyone still having a hard time getting the mummies, werewolves, ghosts for the side prizes? I am a Lvl 32 and have 2 Jewelers, 2 cottages, and 2 watchtowers and have only gotten One mummy since the start of the event, nothing else. Getting a lot of dire boars and trolls at those buildings though. I'm in the middle of building Kaz's Abode, could that be why I have so many boars and trolls? Could it be messing me up? Just wondering if anyone had found a solution/reason for this yet.

I have been playing for about 4 years (had to start over when I got a new iPad), but this is my first time posting on the board. Thanks!

A hard time getting mummy's or ghosts? There's a problem. Has to be.

I brought out all my cottages and jewelers. I have collected from the jeweler about 100 times and ZERO mummy's. The cottages do NOT spawn anything as I have collected from them nearly 100 times as well. The Library however, also spawns that ghost dire boar as does the taverns. Nothing spawns a ghost or werewolf.

The only way I got a ghost to spawn (besides the one for the goal) was to buy a trap at 10 gems. You need 100 potions to craft a ghost. The trap spawns one of the four monsters. Do the math, it's a joke to think you can get enough monsters that way.

fabulus12
10-10-16, 08:40 AM
I'm still getting boars everywhere, maybe we can get a friendly one.

I play games to help relief stress, these timed events do NOT work for that. I cannot afford to buy gems, so I'm waving the white flag on this one, unless things change.

kdgulle
10-10-16, 08:55 AM
Why are the werebeast the only animal that spawns with the other quest. Why can't the other 3 spawn with rocks and horses, you really made us choose one quest or another. That's not really fair to those lower level players either. The energy required and the boars constantly popping up have turned these quest into nothing but a boring and let down. With the amount of rock chopping these other 3 animals should have a chance to spawn. Quest that were doable last year for all. Now only doable for those that have tons of alicorns or energy saved up. Why give these quest to lower level when the don't have a chance unless they spend thousands of dollars. Neighbors are leaving in droves because it's becoming impossible to play. Again I don't think the developers even played these quests before releasing them.

Radegast1
10-10-16, 08:58 AM
I have gotten 1 of each ghoulie, other than werebeast all weekend. Bordering on the absurd. The cursed stone drop rate on other timed event is also ridiculous

PrincessCelestian
10-10-16, 09:38 AM
I was thinking of doing the same thing... But still seems like an impossible quest. NOW... If you only got certain beasts on certain buildings, I'd go for it for sure. The regular direboars need to be shut down for this event, they're taking over the place! Lol

You do only get certain beasts in certain buildings. Spires and watchtowers give you ghosts, jewelers give you mummies (have yet to see one of those), and cottages give you werewolves. Of course, you can still spawn dire boars as well. I would pick your fave and go for that one first.

AinoDK
10-10-16, 09:41 AM
[...] This is very similar to the Fiery, Foxy Box (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93758-Castle-Story-8-25-Update-A-Fiery-Foxy-Box-redeem-gift!-*EXPIRED*) - there are some monsters creeping around your kingdoms, but they will be very difficult to find! [...] Unlike the Fiery, Foxy Box, it is possible to spawn these monsters without spending gems, however they are very rare and difficult to find![...]<3

As sourp4tch clearly stated at the beginning, this is meant to be very difficult without spending gems. However the vily werebeast is actually possible, both as a drop (got one today, yay) and by crafting as we can get plenty cursed fur

My advice will be to forget about the other 3, stop wasting energy on jewelers etc. and focus on upgrading the haunted castle and collecting horse shoes.

And very soon I'm going to take my own advice and store these buildings. Just one more try, wouldn't it be awsome if a werewolf spawned, then dropped a friendly cousin, and then I won a million playing lotto...

M2013C
10-10-16, 09:57 AM
I just got a werebeast without crafting. How is that possible.

kidmazzy
10-10-16, 10:10 AM
My jeweler keeps spawning dire boars ����������

peachtreeshoppe
10-10-16, 10:40 AM
I just got a werebeast without crafting. How is that possible.

The animals drop a pet version of themselves Very infrequently. You're lucky. Some people have had the mummy, ghost or werewolf drop and not need 100 parts to make it.

janddolphins
10-10-16, 10:52 AM
As I said before, a challenge that is not based on hard work once again. My 70 neighbors who quit are quite lucky right now

zoroak
10-10-16, 10:52 AM
As sourp4tch clearly stated at the beginning, this is meant to be very difficult without spending gems. However the vily werebeast is actually possible, both as a drop (got one today, yay) and by crafting as we can get plenty cursed fur

My advice will be to forget about the other 3, stop wasting energy on jewelers etc. and focus on upgrading the haunted castle and collecting horse shoes.

And very soon I'm going to take my own advice and store these buildings. Just one more try, wouldn't it be awsome if a werewolf spawned, then dropped a friendly cousin, and then I won a million playing lotto...

The other quest is extremely energy intensive and difficult for even higher level players to achieve but even though this quest is near impossible in terms of crafting werewolf, ghost and mummy, there will always be some players who will spend energy tapping for this quest in the hope that they will 'win the lottery' and nab a pet drop. Like me!

nateryd
10-10-16, 11:06 AM
You do only get certain beasts in certain buildings. Spires and watchtowers give you ghosts, jewelers give you mummies (have yet to see one of those), and cottages give you werewolves. Of course, you can still spawn dire boars as well. I would pick your fave and go for that one first.

Lol ... I ment if ONLY you had a chance for that certain beast,and the regular direboar wasn't a factor in it at all! I'd rather get just coins most of the time, then a regular direboar almost always eating up my energy

huntiw396
10-10-16, 11:29 AM
Finally crafted a werebeast last night. Really neat looking. First drop was haunted vines and something else. I got the haunted house up to level 9 and it is dropping 25 horseshoes per tap. I am betting that after I complete the Monster Mash Ball, the other "monsters" will appear in larger numbers.

peachtreeshoppe
10-10-16, 11:34 AM

Thank you. I hope everyone that is complaining reads your post.

While the Fox was 100% impossible without gems, this one is only slightly possible... Maybe 1% over the entire duration to get a nonwerebeast pet drop. Who knows. If people want to pause on their main storyline, or folks like me who finished the storyline (except for elves) can take a break from expansion or inventory buildup, it's something to search for. That's it.

Clicking 1,000,000 times guarantees nothing. There is no set point where you get it. It's pure chance, which is fine.

I also like the suggestion to pick a single beast and spend 100% of your time looking for him first, using the rest of your energy on horses of another critter. That way maybe you can build up enough parts for that one creature. Probably not, but possibly. At least that way you're working towards something.

If you don't like it, pretend the only option was to spend 1000 gems to get it. Would people really want that to be the case? 1000 gems with a 50 gem plus critter prize? No, because then you'd just ignore it altogether from the beginning.

peachtreeshoppe
10-10-16, 11:36 AM
Finally crafted a werebeast last night. Really neat looking. First drop was haunted vines and something else. I got the haunted house up to level 9 and it is dropping 25 horseshoes per tap. I am betting that after I complete the Monster Mash Ball, the other "monsters" will appear in larger numbers.

If you had enough to craft, you probably have a few pets that dropped while slaying. Store your finished critter and check inventory. You might have three or four in there.

huntiw396
10-10-16, 12:21 PM
No dropped pets. unfortunately. Was checking after each one.

hkcorrigan
10-10-16, 05:24 PM
Finally spawned the werewolf today. She is soooo cute! She looks like she's trying to kiss the ruler while being slashed with the sword. Such a shame to slay her. Really really want a pet werewolf.

Have not seen a mummy but don't expect to until after I finish the Monster Mash goals. Trying to use all my energy for chopping rocks. And more rocks.

comeseecomesah
10-10-16, 06:30 PM
It's one thing to make it impossible to get all of everything in events but to do it as a once in a year Halloween event with prizes that most people really want, well that's just cruel. A lot of people would spend gems to accomplish some things but to gem this event would break the bank. Yes some are rich and will spend so I guess these people are the target and tough luck for the rest.

deadpixel
10-10-16, 11:25 PM
Has something gone wrong with the game? When the event first started I was able to get a couple of ghosts from the towers and mummies from the jewelers (no werewolves from the cottages though), but for the past couple of days, I've got nothing but dire boars from these places. Even the taverns are generating dire boars along with the occasional werebeast.

flemlion
10-10-16, 11:37 PM

I'm just chopping Dead Trees and/or collecting from Tavern/Library until I get a Werebeast.
Then some Rock chopping until I'm down to single digit energy.

I only slay the Werebeast when there is nothing else left to do except things that often spawn Werebeast.

That way I can avoid most boars (do still get the odd one from mine collection)

janddolphins
10-11-16, 12:21 AM
I think I'm going to go with the one beast strategy too and see if I get lucky and maybe even get two and there are two I really want. I got lucky at the werebeast dropped on my board. Putting most of my energy on the ball but when I have a few to spare it will be all lanterns and spires for that adorable pink ghost (I'm a pink girl and have 11/100 already) then I'll try for werewolf because of cute factor too and it's also my next highest with 10/100. I feel that if I somehow pulled those numbers already with 3 days trying, as I stopped pushing hard Sunday, then with the time left there is a chance with maybe minimal to no gems being spent and I will have go forget about the poor mummy and leave him by his lonesome self. Not even sure I'll make werewolf. I just was so excited about Halloween animals. Crossing my fingers we get an update along the way that will somehow help us in a big way. Best of luck everyone. I'm back to focusing on the ball.

yummy_bistro
10-11-16, 01:07 AM
What's going on?
Still didn't get a mummy, whistfull ghost and a friendly werewolf!
I have watch towers, juwelers and cottages and every time those are ready, I' ll collect and still there hasn't happened a thing!
Arghhhh

same here, no mummies

Chaotarch
10-11-16, 02:08 AM
Has something gone wrong with the game? When the event first started I was able to get a couple of ghosts from the towers and mummies from the jewelers (no werewolves from the cottages though), but for the past couple of days, I've got nothing but dire boars from these places. Even the taverns are generating dire boars along with the occasional werebeast.

What's going on?
Still didn't get a mummy, whistfull ghost and a friendly werewolf!
I have watch towers, juwelers and cottages and every time those are ready, I' ll collect and still there hasn't happened a thing!
Arghhhh

correct:mad:
no werebeast from mines, libaries, taverns and p-taverns ( spawnrate before nearly 50% )anymore, need to chop 20 - 60 dead trees before i get a werebeast now!:mad:
no happy at all:mad:

artemis78rh
10-11-16, 06:27 AM
This event is impossible! 100 pelts to get something from Ivy's Cauldron...?! I have been playing for 3 days and have only seen 2 mummies and no ghosts! Do I need Level 6 to get them or something? All I get is dire boars while I try to mine rocks 5000 coins for one of those round things :( not happy . With this goal it's way to hard! And expensive.

auroragal
10-11-16, 06:51 AM
[removed quote and moved post to the right thread] SW

I keep thinking once the haunted keep business is finished we'll be tripping on cute ghosts and mummies and little weregirls. I have not seen anyone post they are hitting them consistently.

I took everyone's advice and bought a ton of horses and 2 new libraries and a jeweller (in the hopes I am right about the days after the monster bash). Hang in there. I don't think this one is going to be as hard as the griffin which I couldn't complete and blew a ton on! Good luck!!

Jackiesq
10-11-16, 08:02 AM
Okay, I stopped the other event, because I can't get enough cursed stones. Already gave up this, but doing my usual things... I got a Wily Werebeast as a drop from a Werebeast! And I'm close to crafting a 2nd.
This Spooky event thing is 2 weeks longer then the Monster Ball event! Werebeast pet drops cursed fur, for crafting more pets and haunted vines? Where do we need that for after the other event is ended??
It's more logical for me if this event ended before the Monster Ball. Or do I miss something?

Edit: got a rattail from my Wily Werebeast and the Haunted Vines. At least something that can be used after the events too. 😉

mailedogwhat
10-11-16, 08:18 AM
This event is impossible! 100 pelts to get something from Ivy's Cauldron...?! I have been playing for 3 days and have only seen 2 mummies and no ghosts! Do I need Level 6 to get them or something? All I get is dire boars while I try to mine rocks 5000 coins for one of those round things :( not happy . With this goal it's way to hard! And expensive.

I am only getting occasional werebeasts and LOTS AND LOTS of direboars. When I chop rocks i get a direboar about every 3-5 chops which means i use my energy quickly. I have only had one ghost, one werewolf, one mummy. No way i finish this

LadyRe76
10-11-16, 09:41 AM
I am glad to see I am not the only one not getting ghosts, werewolves, or mummies. Is this some type of glitch? I hope they fix it soon. I don't feel that I should have to spend gems in order to get these monsters.

spanisheyes1
10-11-16, 12:53 PM
I am glad to see I am not the only one not getting ghosts, werewolves, or mummies. Is this some type of glitch? I hope they fix it soon. I don't feel that I should have to spend gems in order to get these monsters.
Add me to the growing list as well.

kholck
10-11-16, 01:20 PM
No ghosts, no werewolves, no mummies after 3 days

Equinox14
10-11-16, 01:44 PM
I ****ed 1st monster but have not encountered any spooky monsters no matter how many times I tap cottages, etc. Help!

Equinox14
10-11-16, 01:46 PM
Same here - very frustrating. I make sure there are no parked monsters. Mine has been longer than 3 days. At this rate 100 of each is ridiculous! Help!

KEC09
10-11-16, 03:59 PM
What do these drop after the event is over?

ladyperidot
10-11-16, 04:01 PM
What do these drop after the event is over?

I have two werebeasts, one I crafted and one dropped. One of them game me a prime cut in addition to the vines. So, maybe they will drop regular stuff after the event is over

ktorewqas
10-11-16, 04:47 PM
I asked one of my neighbor. Werewolf gives manticore whiskers or fur. Ghost gives glimmer dust or earth wisp. Mummy gives coal or simple glue.

nothingness101
10-11-16, 08:57 PM
I don't care about anything from this event except getting one of the ghosts. It is super cute and I really want one, but I don't see how it's possible. I have maxed my kingdom on towers and collect from them practically as soon as they become available again, yet I have gotten maybe three since the event started. This is just ridiculous and frankly feels like a slap in the face tease from S8. This isn't a reasonable task and it isn't fun anymore. This feels like a money grab more than a well intentioned event update. I am so disappointed.

chewingthecud
10-11-16, 08:57 PM
OK - I agree with the other posts. I previously concentrated on the Monster Mash event which now I have nearly completed, and now I am working on the ghosts etc. I have tapped watchtowers, cottages and the jewelers and so far only one mummy. I will not waste any more time on this event until they sort out the drop rate and get rid of the dire boars. The programming simply makes this tedious with no hope of success in sight. Sorry but this event does not work. :eek:

Yes I may seem grumpy but I am still hurting from losing 40 gold nuggets and 30ish purple hides from the Elven quest.

Perry9877
10-11-16, 11:36 PM
I have been hunting monsters since this began and this is crazy. I should not be getting 75% dire boars to 25% monsters if I get anything at all. I have 14 towers/spires. 1 sets off a ghost if I tap at least two others and if I tap the rest I get 1-2 dire boars on the remaining dire boars. I have over a dozen cottages that I tap all of at a time and nothing comes except the occasional dire boar. If the random dire boar dropped a random Halloween drop it would not be so bad, but needing 100 of 5 different type of monster components whilst also harvesting haunted house house building supplies is challenging. Halloween is the only time of year I care about. You can have 20 different Yule themed events and if I could not complete them I would be ok, but to have something have something Halloween undone, heartbreaking (spooky orphanage, I am looking at you!)

midsom
10-12-16, 01:08 AM
Is anyone getting anything except dire boars at the moment? The special monsters used to be rare but now they are non existant. Has anyone had a special monster in the last hour?

biartiemgi
10-12-16, 06:41 AM
Nope, no special monsters at all... I saw maybe one of each sinds the begining..... Except the werebeast... Those i see a lott

ktorewqas
10-12-16, 07:18 AM
I have five beasts now and 94 furs, so I will keep **** few more and get the sixth lol

Betsy0923
10-12-16, 10:15 AM
I can usually get a couple of were beasts, but the rest are nonexistent. Sounds like I am not alone in getting direboars & skunkupines instead of the monsters. Is there anyway to skip this event and go back to the elves? I skipped the fox fur thing, too because it was just too boring.

ktorewqas
10-12-16, 10:52 AM
I can usually get a couple of were beasts, but the rest are nonexistent. Sounds like I am not alone in getting direboars & skunkupines instead of the monsters. Is there anyway to skip this event and go back to the elves? I skipped the fox fur thing, too because it was just too boring.if you really want to skip, park a monster cause the rate of boar showing up is too high :)

midsom
10-12-16, 11:36 AM
I have five beasts now and 94 furs, so I will keep **** few more and get the sixth lol

Well you better do it before you get to level 10, after that werebeasts are as scarce as ghosts and they dont spawn from jewellers and librarys anymore, once the glass stops dropping the only way to get a werebeast is through chopping dead trees, a lot of dead trees.

meme1098
10-12-16, 11:40 AM
Well you better do it before you get to level 10, after that werebeasts are as scarce as ghosts and they dont spawn from jewellers and librarys anymore, once the glass stops dropping the only way to get a werebeast is through chopping dead trees, a lot of dead trees.

I'm on L9 right now, just got the timed goal to **** 30 werebeasts & they're not spawning anywhere anymore; Dead trees, libraries, or taverns. BTW... the jewelers is supposed to spawn mummies not werebeasts.

midsom
10-12-16, 12:26 PM
I'm on L9 right now, just got the timed goal to **** 30 werebeasts & they're not spawning anywhere anymore; Dead trees, libraries, or taverns. BTW... the jewelers is supposed to spawn mummies not werebeasts.

Sorry you are quite correct, I meant taverns, my appologies but I am a bit ticked off.

Edited to add: they do still spawn from dead trees but it takes many more dead treees than before, when the glass was still dropping I would get a werebeast every 3 to 3 1/2 dead trees, now it is over six, just my experience yours may be different

ktorewqas
10-12-16, 12:48 PM
Thank you! I'm done with the beasts, six are enough for me :o

Mercuriair
10-12-16, 01:51 PM
Ridiculously hard to achieve. I'm housebound and play almost constantly on android and iOS I'm focusing on the orphanage and just taking the approach of well I'll get as far as I get.

Challenging is one thing impossible quite another

meme1098
10-12-16, 01:55 PM
Sorry you are quite correct, I meant taverns, my appologies but I am a bit ticked off.

Edited to add: they do still spawn from dead trees but it takes many more dead treees than before, when the glass was still dropping I would get a werebeast every 3 to 3 1/2 dead trees, now it is over six, just my experience yours may be different

I hit about 8 trees earlier & nothing. There's probably a spawn adjustment in the code after you reach the timed werebeast goal. S8 trying to get us to spend which I have not done since the p-Ali.

1ch1ps
10-12-16, 01:59 PM
I'm pretty much skipping it too... can't get these monsters to save my life...until someone mentioned about the direboars, there are a bunch. I can only get werebeasts so what I've been doing is not going for the others, parking a werebeasts when I'm down on energy, then **** when I get enough to cut dead trees.

I'm working more on the elves, that one is fun because there's no timer on it....I can't get those wisps back but I'm never going to click on anything until I get building levelled up....

I'm just glad everyone else is having the same problems

chewingthecud
10-12-16, 06:58 PM
I have been playing from the start and this is the first event I have quit on - impossible.

jesslau9
10-13-16, 04:14 AM
that is more than me! I only seen werebeast! nothing else , I played since beginning till now
on lv 36
I had ONE MUMMY. Just one

judafarm
10-13-16, 04:56 AM
All I get from cottage, juweler, death trees, rocks, libaries and tevern are dire boars :(
It cost so many energy fithting these monsters..
It seems they coming up more now then before.
Just now we need so many energy because rocks give so litle stones.
Why not stop these dire boards and let the were wolf show up more???

Sirelie
10-13-16, 05:08 AM
I had ONE MUMMY. Just one

I have not mummy. I SEE /and fight/ with ONE MUMMY in my kingdom.
All time I see and fight only with Werebeasts. No ghosts, no mummies, no werewolfes.
And I would like werewolf, but it is pretty :-/

Sirelie
10-13-16, 09:17 AM
Please, can anyone advise me how to get Friendly Werewolf? What is the procedure?